PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Hot List

Scott Wright
10-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I made the debut edition of my "Prospect Hot List" live.

You can reach via the main page: http://www.draftcountdown.com/

Note: If you like this site and would like to support it please click on an ad from time to time. Particularly those by Google.

CashmoneyDrew
10-11-2008, 10:45 AM
I think instead of just Cullen Harper, the not list should've just been every Senior QB not named Bomar.

jnew76
10-11-2008, 10:47 AM
I think instead of just Cullen Harper, the not list should've just been every Senior QB not named Bomar.

Very true, they have been Gawd Awful.

Brent
10-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Oh, Rhett.

princefielder28
10-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Seeing as Rhett Bomar is "emerging" as the #1 Senior QB prospect, how high do you think he can go?

iBoldin
10-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Hey,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I made the debut edition of my "Prospect Hot List" live.

You can reach via the main page: http://www.draftcountdown.com/

Note: If you like this site and would like to support it please click on an ad from time to time. Particularly those by Google.

Just don't let people get out of hand clicking the Google ads. I'm on a board where the owner implemented them, and they had a bunch of idiots click on them all the time, and they got "taken away".

jballa838
10-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Rhett Bomar is soooo lucky. He is playing D-II, against bad competition, but since he was at Oklahoma once upon a time everyone loves him.
As of now, I don't see him as the true #1 Senior prospect, and maybe when all is said and done, Mike Reilly from Central Washington gives him a run for his money for best D-II prospect. Reilly transfered from a Pac-10 school and just broke some of the immortal Jon Kitna's school records.

Babylon
10-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Seeing as Rhett Bomar is "emerging" as the #1 Senior QB prospect, how high do you think he can go?

He's going to have to really test well at the combine both on the field and in personal interviews. Could probably get up into the 3rd round or so if he does well.

Smokey Joe
10-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Rhett Bomar is soooo lucky. He is playing D-II, against bad competition, but since he was at Oklahoma once upon a time everyone loves him.
As of now, I don't see him as the true #1 Senior prospect, and maybe when all is said and done, Mike Reilly from Central Washington gives him a run for his money for best D-II prospect. Reilly transfered from a Pac-10 school and just broke some of the immortal Jon Kitna's school records.
Hey buddy, there's a difference between D-II (where Reilly is at) and D-I FCS (where Bomar is at).

And Rhett Bomar didn't just play at Oklahoma, he was a top recruit coming out of high school and is loaded with talent.

Now, I'm not exactly sure what Reilly's story is, but Bomar would have likely been the starter at OU this year, and the previous 2 years if not for that scandal he had that got him kicked off the team.

DiG
10-12-2008, 11:09 AM
im jumpin on the bomar train. i watched a little bit of film on him and i like what i see. also count me in on drafting derrick williams to return kicks/punts for the skins.

Iamcanadian
10-12-2008, 11:17 AM
A synopsis of an outline in Pro Football weekly
Rhett Bomar - Confident strong armed thrower, Gunslinger mentality, can fit the ball into a small opening, throws a tight spiral with zip, consistently leads his receivers, plays with emotion, strong on the field presence, and can run up the gut if necessary. Needs to learn how to slide before being tackled as he has a tendency to run like Roseenfels. He throws with a smooth motion and good wrist snap, and effortless in slinging the ball. If he can fully recover from knee injury in Jan last year and stay focused, pro teams could be very interested.
I'd rate him if recovered as the top Sr. pro prospect at QB. Round 2 at the latest with a decent shot at late round 1. Very simular circunstance to Flacco.

MaxV
10-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Scott, this might be a bit off-topic, but what do you think about the emergence of PSU's red-shirt Sophomores Aaron Maybin and Navarro Bowman?

They both will be draft-eligible, but perhaps it would benefit them to stay for 1 more year and get bigger and stronger.

Staubach12
10-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Rashad Johnson has been surprising. I really like him. Very solid all-around.

bigboiajhawk
10-20-2008, 10:49 AM
I hope for the next Prospect Hot List, Shonn Greene will be included on there. He is the stud RB from Iowa. I watched the Iowa-Wisconsin game, in which he ran for 217 yards and four touchdowns, I believe he is also the only runningback in the FBS that has ran for 100 yards in every game this year.