PDA

View Full Version : Chase Patton - The next Matt Cassel??

jnew76
10-11-2008, 10:44 AM
ESPN the magazine recently had an article on Patton that highlights his prototypical size and arm strength for the NFL. The severe lack of senior talent in the draft at the QB position this year makes looking at guys like Patton even more intriguing.

Patton did not transfer, and could have had a Jevan Snead type impact if he had, IMO. He was a top 5 QB recruit coming out of high school, and he is very talented. He stuck it out at Missouri and I think he has a chance to be drafted in the 6th-7th round right now. If he is impressive in individual workouts, I think he could rise up to the 5th.

Here is the link to the ESPN the magazine article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?section=magazine&id=3632340

Mr.Regular
10-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Great article. Totally forgot about Patton, intriguing prospect. I would guess late rounder at best, where as I think Daniel is a mid round prospect. But interesting to think they might have equal shots to make it in the NFL.

Smokey Joe
10-11-2008, 08:04 PM
I could see it happening. Their stories (and skill set) are very similar, and if Patton has a good pro-day, he could raise a few eyebrows. However, he wouldn't go any higher than the 6th round.

SuperKevin
10-11-2008, 08:30 PM
At the very worst he'll likely get a solid UDFA look like David Koral did at UCLA after he backed up Drew Olson.

illmatic74
10-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Looks better and better on the sidelines while all the other senior QBS struggle

Don Vito
10-13-2008, 09:36 PM
If he is anything like Cassel then I advise your team stays far away from him. I don't know much about Patton but he seems like he is all of the tools to be a solid QB.

Shane P. Hallam
10-13-2008, 09:51 PM
If he is anything like Cassel then I advise your team stays far away from him. I don't know much about Patton but he seems like he is all of the tools to be a solid QB.

Yes, because that 7th round pick on Cassel was so wasted :P

Don Vito
10-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Yes, because that 7th round pick on Cassel was so wasted :P

I know I'm being hard on Cassel, he is in a very tough situation and has been a great value as a seventh rounder. Not every late round QB can be Tom Brady unfortunately. Cassel really hasn't been that bad this year, but our OL has been injury torn and performing poorly, our running game looks terrible, and Moss looks like he doesn't care. Most of that is attributed to not having Brady back there, but Cassel is far from our only problem on offense. Don't even get me started on the defense.

Smokey Joe
10-13-2008, 10:14 PM
I think Cassel needs to step up into a leader type role... be like, **** Tom Brady, one player does not make or break a team. We are gonna go out and kick every team we face asses.

SuperKevin
10-13-2008, 11:02 PM
I think it'd be hilarious if he had great workouts and was drafted ahead of Chase Daniel based on his size and potential.

Brent
10-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Wouldnt surprise me, after seeing Cassel not completely **** up, GMs will probably take more chances like that.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 06:47 AM
Personally, I see him getting signed as a UDFA quickly, but if he works out well and has impresses in interviews, then I would risk a 6th or 7th rounder on him. Just my opinion on him.It is hard to tell, once you get into the later rounds, there are some guys that you would not think to be drafted, but since teams think that the prospect may sign as a UDFA somewhere else, they use a late pick on them.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 07:41 AM
On a side note, Mizzou has a lot of players with the name Chase, it seems like half of the team has that name.