PDA

View Full Version : Gerald McCoy and DeMarcus Granger

MarioPalmer
10-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Could we be seeing the next Marcus Stroud/Richard Seymour or Albert Haynesworth/John Henderson in Gerald McCoy and DeMarcus Granger?

I know Granger is finally back after missing a few games and that means that he will be ready for the April draft. He and McCoy are in my opinion the 2 best defensive tackles in the country and both are easy NFL top draft choices.

First off DeMarcus Granger. At 6'2 315lbs. Granger shows the athleticism and strength to hold up strong against the run and collapse the pocket and get a consistent pass rush against even the more physical guards and centers. He has the girth to be a consistent force at the point of attack and the ability to tie up 2 blockers while the other 4 defensive lineman go one on one againt the opponents O-Line. I also love his side-line to side-line agility and hustle. Most big, strong defensive tackles aren't asked to chase plays down from behind but because of Grangers athletic ability and speed he can chase down a running play or even screen passes. He is finally back after missing 3 games with a lite foot injury who at first thought it might be season injury, but he made his return for the Longhorn versus Sooner game. Apperently he has the work ethic to come back from an injury just as he did during fall camp when he had a back injury that led him to being sent down to the 2nd team defense. But again, he returned with a fire and is looked upon as THE best DT that fits a 4-3. He does have that off the field problem with the Burlington Coat Factory shoplifting charge, but I don't have any problem saying that the NFL franchises looking for a franchise DT will overlook his one stumble. Granger is a man amongst boys right now in college and he is looking like a top 10 pick.

Now for Granger's more leaner, lankier counter part. Gerald McCoy, who is listed at 6'4 295lbs., will be the new Tommie Harris only leaner, longer and more athletic then the former Sooner alum. McCoy might not be as explosive, but his agiliy, first step and explosiveness is still second to maybe only Granger in college football right now. He is only a 3rd year sophomore so he could obviously come out if he wanted too. This kid has the ability to use his athletic frame to beat slower more heavy footed guards. He has excellent hand use as a sophomore and his first step off the line is excellent. He also has the ability to keep guards and centers off of him by being able to chop and slap hands away like a MMA expert. He has excellent lateral movement and he has terrific straight line speed for a big man. Like Granger, McCoy can also chase plays down from behind and I would even bet that McCoy could drop back in coverage and play right under neath the MLB in a Cover 2 zone scheme. McCoy looks like another Sooner phenom Tommie Harris and I think he'll get the same drooling attention that Tommy got in 2004 when ever he decides to come out.

iBoldin
10-11-2008, 12:47 PM
I like both players. If Granger comes out it'll definitely help out a team like the Falcons. Not so sure about McCoy yet, haven't been able to see much of him other then today's game so far.

Vikes99ej
10-11-2008, 12:54 PM
William Henderson?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0a9r6Ye4hj6Vs/610x.jpg

MarioPalmer
10-11-2008, 02:15 PM
William Henderson?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0a9r6Ye4hj6Vs/610x.jpg

Sorry, ment John Henderson, every time I think of Henderson or Anderson I automatically think of Willie or William...lol I edited it. But I still think that McCoy and Granger are going to be picked as high as both of those duo's.

02-28-2009, 05:21 PM
love both guys, but Mccoy is my guy

Malaka
02-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Both are beasts, I'd love either one on the Giants, but Granger fits what we need a bit more as of right now.

YAYareaRB
02-28-2009, 05:36 PM
I'll be going head to head with both of them this season so I'll let you know about them with my hands on experience.

02-28-2009, 05:37 PM
I'll be going head to head with both of them this season so I'll let you know about them with my hands on experience.

who do you play for?

and May I see your proof?

UKfan
02-28-2009, 05:41 PM
who do you play for?

and May I see your proof?

He posted a thread about it in the Off Topic section, Idaho State I wanna say, I can't be bothered to look...

PuppyPuncher
02-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Gerald McCoy is a very explosive DT. He really opened my eyes in the NC game.

keylime_5
02-28-2009, 09:01 PM
McCoy is gonna be the top DT in next year's draft, likely top 5 pick. He's a lot like R.Seymour.

Falcon_from_E_Oakland
02-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Seymour is much more athletic than McCoy.

Menardo75
02-28-2009, 09:33 PM
They are both going to be studs in the NFL. Cory Bennett and Adrian Taylor also will be solid pros imo.

holt_bruce81
02-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Both are tremendous players and have a bright future a head of them. Gerald McCoy is my favorite of the two. What a talent.

wicket
03-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Sorry, ment John Henderson, every time I think of Henderson or Anderson I automatically think of Willie or William...lol I edited it. But I still think that McCoy and Granger are going to be picked as high as both of those duo's.

then willie williams must be your guy