3 Matt Stafford Georgia*
4 Colt McCoy Texas*
5 Tim Tebow Flordia*
6 Curis Painter Purdue
7 Cullen Harper Clemson
8 Hunter Cantwell
9 Chase Daniel Missouri
10 Rudy Carpenter

You still have those bums Cullen Harper, Curtis Painter, and Hunter Cantwell ahead of Chase Daniel and Rhett Bomar? Other than that I agree just switch Mark Sanchez with Sam Bradford ;)

holt_bruce81
10-11-2008, 06:08 PM
I think Josh Freeman has to be on your list.

RaiderNation
10-11-2008, 06:12 PM
I think Josh Freeman has to be on your list.

I considered it but I havent seen enough of him to really grade him. I know he has really good size but thats all

SeanTaylorRIP
10-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Ewe Curtis Painter.

keylime_5
10-11-2008, 06:27 PM
mine (includes all eligible):
1-Stafford
2-Sanchez
3-Bradford
4-N.Davis
5-Williams
6-Tebow
7-McCoy
8-Freeman
9-Daniel
10-Bomar

subject to change for sure everywhere except #1. I like Davis and Williams a lot, but I don't expect either of them or Tebow, McCoy, or Bradford to be in the draft until at least 2010. I wouldn't touch a senior QB until round 4 at least.

Babylon
10-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Saw enough of Bradford today to move him ahead of Sanchez. Still like Stafford as the top signal caller, he's proven that he can take a beating and get the ball down the field and his arm is superior to the rest of them (and that includes touch on the ball). I think Colt McCoy has to be in the mix with his athletecism, which surprised me. My top 5 therefore look like this.

1. Stafford
2. Bradford
3. Sanchez
4. McCoy
5. Bomar

CashmoneyDrew
10-11-2008, 06:38 PM
In no particular order....
Mark Sanchez
Tim Tebow
Josh Freeman
Nate Davis
Sam Bradford
Dan LeFevour
Colt McCoy
Matt Stafford
Rudy Carpenter
Chase Holbrook

Babylon
10-11-2008, 06:42 PM
In no particular order....
Mark Sanchez
Tim Tebow
Josh Freeman
Nate Davis
Sam Bradford
Dan LeFevour
Colt McCoy
Matt Stafford
Rudy Carpenter
Chase Holbrook

Thought your QB at Tennessee looked pretty good under tough circumstances. The Vols played tough today.

keylime_5
i think people forget isaiah williams is a junior, dude looks really good this year, has gotten waaay better than he was as a true freshman starting QB and is like Donovan McNabb Jr. for real. I think he's well on his way to first round pick-dom in 2010.

Malaka
My QB list would go

1. Mark Sanchez
2. Sam Bradford (I do not think he comes out so this spot is really Stafford's)
3. Matt Stafford
4. Tim Tebow
5. Colt McCoy
6. Josh Freeman
7. Chase Daniel
8. Rhett Bomar
9. Juice Williams
10. Dan LeFevour

CashmoneyDrew
10-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Thought your QB at Tennessee looked pretty good under tough circumstances. The Vols played tough today.

Thanks. Yeah I thought they played hard too. If we had had Nick Stephens in at the beginning of the season we probably would have won the UCLA and Auburn games. We just need to be better balanced on offense and we might make a little noise the rest of the year. (hopefully)

Dam8610
10-11-2008, 07:56 PM
*= Underclassmen
1 Sam Braford Oklahoma*
2 Mark Sanchez USC*
3 Matt Stafford Georgia*
4 Colt McCoy Texas*
5 Tim Tebow Flordia*
6 Curis Painter Purdue
7 Cullen Harper Clemson
8 Hunter Cantwell
9 Chase Daniel Missouri
10 Rudy Carpenter

How do you have Curtis Painter as the top senior QB after today's debacle against Ohio State? If only Brees or Orton had HALF the talent around them that Painter is wasting.

If Daniel really is 6', he'd be a legit NFL QB prospect IMO.

CJSchneider
10-11-2008, 08:00 PM
1. Stafford
2. Bradford
3. Sanchez
4. Daniel
5. McCoy / Tebow

jayceheathman
10-11-2008, 08:10 PM
1) Chase Holbrook
2) Everyone else

SuperKevin
10-11-2008, 08:31 PM
I like Colt McCoy a lot but he has a really ugly motion that will likely limit his effectiveness at the next level.

Matthew Jones
10-11-2008, 09:41 PM
1. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma (1)
2. Mark Sanchez, Southern Cal
3. Matt Stafford, Georgia (2)
4. Tim Tebow, Florida
5. Colt McCoy, Texas
6. Josh Freeman, Kansas St.
7. Max Hall, B.Y.U. (3)
8. Chase Daniel, Missouri
9. Juice Williams, Illinois
10. Cullen Harper, Clemson

ElectricEye
10-11-2008, 11:05 PM
1. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma, RS Soph
2. Mark Sanchez, USC, RS Junior
3. Matt Stafford, Georgia, Junior
4. Josh Freeman, Kansas State, Junior
5. Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston State, Senior
6. Tim Tebow, Florida, Junior
7. Nate Davis, Ball State, Junior
8. Chase Daniel, Mizzou, Junior

Top Eight. Myspace style I guess. I don't really think there's two other quarterbacks worth mentioning at this point, besides maybe Colt McCoy, whom I take the SuperKevin road with. A bit hypocritical saying that and having Tebow at 6, but oh well.

Bradford is quickly cementing himself as the guy I like the best out of the bunch. He has the best combination of tools, passing instincts and production out of the group.

Bomar is finally playing up to his talent level, and might be just as good as some of the guys at the top of this list when it's all said and done.

Xiomera
10-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Nick Sheridan FTW!

STARHEATHER
10-11-2008, 11:14 PM
still liking josh freeman. 21-26 95 ydsrushing 4 td. josh freeman mobile qb? of course. josh freeman accurate passer. yes. josh freeman prototype size. yes. josh freeman first qb taken. yes. mark sanchez 3 picks and always hurt. yes. stafford 2 picks. yes. stafford over sanchez. yes.

ElectricEye
10-11-2008, 11:18 PM
I kinda want to say Freeman is a poor mans Daunte Culpepper, but I haven't seen enough of him to say that for sure. The rushing touchdowns in correlation with his size are pretty damned impressive though. I still don't think he has the best feel for passing yet, and his accuracy isn't that great from what I've seen. All coachable things though. On the rise for me.

BuddyCHRIST
10-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Not only is Daniel short but I saw him make some terrible decisions tonight. I came away very impressed with Bradford, he has a very strong arm and has NFL accuracy, not this accuracy where if you just put it somewhere on the receiver but he threw it to the correct shoulder and pin pointed the ball. He's also more athletic than given credit for and can actually move decently if he has too. I hope he doesn't leave early just to see how good he could be next year. McCoy is a great college QB and is very gutsy and seems to be a great leader. I don't believe for one second that he's 6'3" (wasn't he 6'1" as a freshmen) and his motion is a little funky, I don't really see him as a great prospect but I like him as a player and he could prove me wrong. Tebow sucks balls.

10-11-2008, 11:22 PM
still liking josh freeman. 21-26 95 ydsrushing 4 td. josh freeman mobile qb? of course. josh freeman accurate passer. yes. josh freeman prototype size. yes. josh freeman first qb taken. yes. mark sanchez 3 picks and always hurt. yes. stafford 2 picks. yes. stafford over sanchez. yes.

I need to hear it from you before I know it's the truth. Is Jordan Shipley a great prospect? Like I mean a really really great prospect mythbusta?

I look forward to reading your response. :)

STARHEATHER
10-12-2008, 12:52 AM
if he can do anuthing like young culpepper you have to take a shot. qb talent is so sparse. hes not a top 10 qb prospect yet. late rd 1. once he works out and throws. its going to be better than anyone else by far

Iamcanadian
10-12-2008, 01:03 AM
I'd only give about a 40% chance that any of your top 4 declare. Given the poor rate of success of junior QB's succeeding in the NFL, they are all likely to return for thir senior season making your rankings practically worthless at this point.
Rhett Bomar IMO, might be the 1st QB drafted this coming draft. Right now round 2 but Flacco had a simular background and he managed to go round 1 especially in a QB starved draft.

He is extremely athletic, has a strong pro arm and can run when necessary.
I'm not sold on Josh Freeman at all. I see no way he gets drafted before Bomar unless the light suddenly goes on this year.

STARHEATHER
10-12-2008, 01:09 AM
maybe not.its not unusual for qbs to stay and shoot for that big $. but that team is not going to get any better and the coach is gone, or they play out of their miknds and make a bowl he could also come out under those circumstances. i see a lot of reasons for him to come out. he may not.

wicket
10-12-2008, 04:27 AM
1 Sam Bradford
2 Matthew Stafford
3 Mark Sanchez
4 Colt McCoy
5 Dunno Freeman
6 Tim Tibow
7 Cullen Harper
8 Dan LeFevour
9 Graham Harrel
10 Max Hall

Gribble
10-12-2008, 09:33 AM
1) Chase Holbrook
2) Everyone else

48-45... Yesterday was the best day ever... Chris Williams was great too.

Babylon
10-12-2008, 12:05 PM
I'd only give about a 40% chance that any of your top 4 declare. Given the poor rate of success of junior QB's succeeding in the NFL, they are all likely to return for thir senior season making your rankings practically worthless at this point.
Rhett Bomar IMO, might be the 1st QB drafted this coming draft. Right now round 2 but Flacco had a simular background and he managed to go round 1 especially in a QB starved draft.

He is extremely athletic, has a strong pro arm and can run when necessary.
I'm not sold on Josh Freeman at all. I see no way he gets drafted before Bomar unless the light suddenly goes on this year.

First off Sanchez is in his 4th year at SC and he's 22 years old and has struggled with a knee problem this year, if he gets a 1st round grade from the NFL evaluation group he's gone in my opinion. Stafford is in his 3rd year, has started like 26 games and gets his clock cleaned every saturday because of a porous o-line, if he gets the high grade that so called experts predict he will i think he will also go. Bradford i would agree is not ready and he'll stay for 2010.

Iamcanadian
10-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Look, the last 2 junior QB's ho came out early, Alex Smith and Russell are struggling to say the least. I really don't think your going to see too many top drafting teams willing to draft a junior QB in the top 15 to 20 picks unless he has absolutely unbelievable talent. So if a QB declares he will be paid well but he isn't going to see the really big money and that alone will force a lot of QB's to remain at college for their senior seasons. We can list junior QB's all we want but realistically I doubt more than 1 comes out for this year's draft.
It is really pointless listing a whole bunch of junior QB's at this stage.

Babylon
10-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Look, the last 2 junior QB's ho came out early, Alex Smith and Russell are struggling to say the least. I really don't think your going to see too many top drafting teams willing to draft a junior QB in the top 15 to 20 picks unless he has absolutely unbelievable talent. So if a QB declares he will be paid well but he isn't going to see the really big money and that alone will force a lot of QB's to remain at college for their senior seasons. We can list junior QB's all we want but realistically I doubt more than 1 comes out for this year's draft.
It is really pointless listing a whole bunch of junior QB's at this stage.

We dont do pointless things in here do we? I'm not in Sanchez's head so my guess is just that. He doesnt have a lot of starts in his career so maybe he will stay. No way Stafford comes back, all projections have him going in the 1st 5 picks, he'll have well over 30 starts by the end of the year and like i said he gets beat up every saturday, might as well get paid for that (at least more than he's getting paid now).

Iamcanadian
10-12-2008, 03:19 PM
First off Sanchez is in his 4th year at SC and he's 22 years old and has struggled with a knee problem this year, if he gets a 1st round grade from the NFL evaluation group he's gone in my opinion. Stafford is in his 3rd year, has started like 26 games and gets his clock cleaned every saturday because of a porous o-line, if he gets the high grade that so called experts predict he will i think he will also go. Bradford i would agree is not ready and he'll stay for 2010.

Sanchez has a clouded injury history and isn't going to get drafted that high if he declares. If he's willing to lose out on about 20-25 million dollars, then he'll declare but I doubt it.
Stafford simply doesn't have the production to see round 1 at this stage. He is an unfinished product who will have to return unless he's willing to sit and learn for 2 years while making peanuts if he declares. I don't care what preseason predictors were saying, Stafford hasn't played well enough to guarantee he goes round 1 never mind top 5.
Neither of these guys will see the top 15 and the lose in rtevenue is significant enough to send both back to school if they want a big pay day.

Babylon
10-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Sanchez has a clouded injury history and isn't going to get drafted that high if he declares. If he's willing to lose out on about 20-25 million dollars, then he'll declare but I doubt it.
Stafford simply doesn't have the production to see round 1 at this stage. He is an unfinished product who will have to return unless he's willing to sit and learn for 2 years while making peanuts if he declares. I don't care what preseason predictors were saying, Stafford hasn't played well enough to guarantee he goes round 1 never mind top 5.
Neither of these guys will see the top 15 and the lose in rtevenue is significant enough to send both back to school if they want a big pay day.

I respect your opinion but i think you're wrong on Stafford, he's got a better arm and accuracy than Matt Ryan but his line and receivers are below par. Most mocks i've seen, including Scott's have him goint to KC. I know he's talked to Tony Romo and Peyton Manning about the NFL so we'll see. I could be wrong it wouldnt be the first time. I will say if Stafford and Sanchez dont come out there wont be any 1st round QBs taken, has that ever happened?

Iamcanadian
10-12-2008, 03:54 PM
I respect your opinion but i think you're wrong on Stafford, he's got a better arm and accuracy than Matt Ryan but his line and receivers are below par. Most mocks i've seen, including Scott's have him goint to KC. I know he's talked to Tony Romo and Peyton Manning about the NFL so we'll see. I could be wrong it wouldnt be the first time. I will say if Stafford and Sanchez dont come out there wont be any 1st round QBs taken, has that ever happened?

Stafford started the season with everybody expecting him to make a dramatic improvement this season with his accuracy. He certainly has a pro arm, no denying that. However, I just don't see where he has made any significant improvement and that IMO, makes him a suspect 1st rounder at this stage.
I don't know his personal financial situation but if he returns as a senior, the light could go on and he could be looking at 25-35 million, but if he declares now, I think the best he could hope for is a late 1st rounder if that. That is a huge difference in pay from going in the top 5 or even the top 10. Given Alex Smith's struggles and Russell's mediocre performance, junior QB's will be viewed suspiciously by pro teams and unless they are performing superbly, declaring becomes a far less attractive decision for junior QB's IMO.

illmatic74
10-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Stafford started the season with everybody expecting him to make a dramatic improvement this season with his accuracy. He certainly has a pro arm, no denying that. However, I just don't see where he has made any significant improvement and that IMO, makes him a suspect 1st rounder at this stage.
I don't know his personal financial situation but if he returns as a senior, the light could go on and he could be looking at 25-35 million, but if he declares now, I think the best he could hope for is a late 1st rounder if that. That is a huge difference in pay from going in the top 5 or even the top 10. Given Alex Smith's struggles and Russell's mediocre performance, junior QB's will be viewed suspiciously by pro teams and unless they are performing superbly, declaring becomes a far less attractive decision for junior QB's IMO. I think if Stafford, Tebow, Freeman, Sanchez or Bradford. Some team is going to overdraft them because of no senior signal callers available. Those 5 and Daniel will all move updraft boards because everything else available is not worth taking the first day. People will look through their flaws.
Stafford- Misses some intermiediate throws all NFL QBS need to make 99.9%
Tebow- Slow release, bad footwork and doesn't play in a system that resembles a pro offense
Freeman- Great arm but desicion making, footwork and intermidiate accuracy needs work
Sanchez- Injuries and a major lack of starting experience.
Bradford- Only QB available I would use a first rounder on but not a lot of starting experience and probably won't come out this year
Daniel- Could be Drew Brees but could also be Rex Grossman