PDA

View Full Version : Joe Burnett

Larry121283
10-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Had a chance to see Joe Burnett yesterday live and in technicolor yesterday from the 'box.

This kid is for real. As a corner, he can keep up with the fastest of the fast on routes, has swagger (all great ones have it), and has a great jump on the football. Great hips. Great straight line speed on the field. Love his ball skills. Also love that he is physical and likes to mix it up. Doesn't matter if he is smaller, he can play physical and bump and run.

As a corner, he reminds me a bit of Richard Marshall with more athleticism on the field.

Best of all, he is a serious dual threat. Love his return skills.

Real good football player.

I'd put him behind Alphonso Smith, Malcolm Jenkins and right there with Mike Mickens (all of the Cincy DBs are looking real good this year), and Darius Butler (Chris Gamble redux) of those that I've seen this year.

princefielder28
10-12-2008, 12:07 PM
I like Joe quite a bit as well but not as much as yourself. This senior crop of CBs is strong and Burnett, IMO, sits in the middle of the pack. He's got good size with not production, but it will come down to his forty time at the combine to dictate what kind of defense will fit him best.

Jonny
10-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Burnett supposedly doesn't have a great 40 time. Good hands though. Probably a day 2 guy.

SuperKevin
10-12-2008, 05:04 PM
I see Burnett having a career like Terrence McGee of the Bills. His best bet will be to try to stick as a return man and nickel/dime CB and with time he could turn into a solid NFL starter.

Larry121283
02-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Burnett supposedly doesn't have a great 40 time. Good hands though. Probably a day 2 guy.

Hate to necro-bump, but the kid had himself a good combine in terms of getting measured and timed.

Ran a few unofficial times in the high 4.4's...the numbers on gbn say he ran a 4.54, but considering only two players broke 4.4 (Webb and Davis) on their clock...I think that is a pretty impressive time (40's were screwy this year, I wonder why?).

One of the better cone drills by a DB, long speed in the 60, worked out real well on the bench (22 reps of 225).

I think he did well...I'm still high on him.

What are some of everyone elses thoughts? Forgotten man?