PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mickens?

foozball
10-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Reading Scott's blog thing, it said that Mickens is a likely 2nd or 3rd rounder and no later than 5th...that's a pretty big gap there for someone who's been extremely productive throughout his entire career. He's shown he's got excellent ballskills and he doesnt shy away from defending the run. He's tough, has great instincts, and he can cover.

To me, he reminds me of Antoine Cason. Same size at 6' 190lbs and similar speed. Both have great ballskills and were very productive. Why is Mickens so lowly regarded?

Malaka
10-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Reading Scott's blog thing, it said that Mickens is a likely 2nd or 3rd rounder and no later than 5th...that's a pretty big gap there for someone who's been extremely productive throughout his entire career. He's shown he's got excellent ballskills and he doesnt shy away from defending the run. He's tough, has great instincts, and he can cover.

To me, he reminds me of Antoine Cason. Same size at 6' 190lbs and similar speed. Both have great ballskills and were very productive. Why is Mickens so lowly regarded?

Well Scott has his own opinion, and you have yours. I agree that Mike Mickens is a great prospect and should get some more respect, but he is still the fourth best corner or maybe fifth in my mind,

1. Malcolm Jenkins
2. Vontae Davis
3. Macho Harris
4. Mike Mickens/ DJ Moore
5. DJ Moore/Mike Mickens

SuperKevin
10-12-2008, 01:23 PM
I like him a lot and consider him a fringe 1st rounder depending on who declares

He's my 4th best senior CB right now behind Jenkins, Alphonso Smith, and Darius Butler