PDA

View Full Version : Keiland Williams

BuckDawg23
10-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Does anyone know why LSU RB Keiland Williams isnt getting basically any carries this year? Is he in Miles doghouse?

I know Scott has been tearing it up but with Williams year last year you would think he would get at least 10 or so and split time with Scott but he's barely getting 3 touches a game.

Also do you guys see Keiland declaring possibly because of this? I think he would be good value in the 2nd/3rd round, he was a top 5 back in this draft class coming into this year in my opinion.

BuckDawg23
10-13-2008, 03:07 PM
anyone anyone?!?!

Iamcanadian
10-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Looking at Hester I think Miles tends towards one RB getting most of the carries. Scott obviously won the job and Williams didn't. He's not going to declare for the draft, being an unused 2nd string doesn't usually get you into day one consideration.

BuckDawg23
10-13-2008, 04:16 PM
He has been a starter before and you know how much workouts can play a role in a players draft position. Scott is also a Junior so I dont see why Williams would want to come back to LSU for his senior year just to be a backup. Coming into this season most regarded Williams as a top 5 back in this draft class, it's not like he's been a backup his entire career, Im sure scouts are aware of him. I think coming out would be a good idea especially in this weak class, he could go 2nd/3rd round. I doubt he'd improve his stock by coming back next year to LSU and getting 2-3 carries a game.

DoWnThEfiElD
10-13-2008, 05:05 PM
I actually like him as a prospect. I'm not sure what the deal is down there. He was a 5* coming to LSU, and he must not have developed. I was sure he was going to be dominant in the SEC. He seems like a solid 20-25 carry a game guy. Guess not.

SuperKevin
10-13-2008, 05:17 PM
I think he's more likely to pull an Alley Brousard and transfer to a small school in hopes of getting back on the radar by putting up monster stats

CashmoneyDrew
10-13-2008, 05:23 PM
I think he's more likely to pull an Alley Brousard and transfer to a small school in hopes of getting back on the radar by putting up monster stats

I was thinking the same thing. Unless Charles Scott goes pro after this season that is.

SenorGato
10-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Yea I don't get it...he's got Michael Turner-esque ability...but he's just not getting carries.

I'm not even sure whether I should keep an eye on him anymore...RB's a position with a really high turnover rate and if he never gets his chance someone else will just take his place as a prospect...hell it's already happened...how many people even rank him anymore?

BamaFalcon59
10-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Trindon Holliday needs more touches as well.

Hard to make the arguement though, when Charles Scott is having such a good year.

BuddyCHRIST
10-13-2008, 07:47 PM
I would be splitting these guys as Williams has always looked like the best back on LSU to me. NFL size and is very fast, I too don't understand why he gets no touches.

BuckDawg23
10-13-2008, 11:13 PM
He's got all the measurables and he's had the production in a tough SEC...Scouts arent just gonna forget about him, if he did declare I see no reason as to why he cant be a top 3 round guy.

TigerBait45
10-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Williams is definitely the most talented back we have, but Scott is better at this point just because he's more consistent.

Williams has trouble reading his holes and cutback lanes and just tends to run straight into the line or try to bounce everything outside.

VandyTitans
10-13-2008, 11:18 PM
I think Scott just flat out took the job. Williams and Richard Murphy are freaks but Scott is just that good. Lots of talent at LSU (and coming to LSU).