PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong With Tony Romo?

bigbluedefense
10-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Something is wrong with Tony Romo. This is not the same quarterback that I know he's capable of playing like.

He's pressing, he's making a ton of bone headed mistakes, he's not having fun, he looks sad, he's not making accurate throws or great reads, everything is just off.

The most alarming evidence of something bothering him was when Folk hit that field goal to send it to OT. Look at Romo. Go press rewind, and look at him. The whole team is going nuts, and Romo looks like he just got news that he lost a relative. Completely out of it. Then he goes on the field and almost fumbles the game away and has a completely flat 3 and out.

Something is bothering and eating at him. Could it be the pressure? The drama surrounding him? Something is eating at this guy.

I think that the pressure in Dallas this year is really hurting the team. The lingering effects of last year's lost has really hit this team. What made them so great last year in the regular season was that they were carefree, and were having fun. This year, the whole team plays so tight. Theyre so tight trying to be perfect on every play, that it is seriously effecting the entire team, and putting a heavy weight on their shoulders. Theyre not having fun this year, and are really putting a ton of unnecessary pressure on themselves.

They need to go back to having fun and just play the game. I don't know if thats possible though. A lot of this stress and pressure has been put on them by themselves and their overreacting fanbase. Thats a hard habit to drop. This week is going to be interesting, how they react to what just happened.

skinzzfan25
TO sucks the fun out of the game.

Bruce Banner
Two broke up with him.

CashmoneyDrew
10-12-2008, 07:24 PM
http://www.thehollywoodliberal.com/hcpgr/jessica_simpson1.jpg

Probably because this no-talent she-devil is sucking the life out of him.

bigbluedefense
10-12-2008, 07:25 PM
As much as I want to root against the guy, seeing Romo like this kind of upsets me. Because, as much as I root against the Cowboys, and as much as I want to hate Romo, I can't do it (can't hate romo part that is, i can definitely root against the Cowboys without feeling bad, believe that).

Romo is a great guy. We need more Romo's in this league. In a league where douchebags like Pacman get so much attention, it sucks to see a guy like Romo struggle like that. I want to hate the guy, but I can't. He's a good guy, can't hate on the man.

Honestly, if he wasn't a Cowboy, he'd probably be one of my favorite players in the league.

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 07:26 PM
As much as I want to root against the guy, seeing Romo like this kind of upsets me. Because, as much as I root against the Cowboys, and as much as I want to hate Romo, I can't do it (can't hate romo part that is, i can definitely root against the Cowboys without feeling bad, believe that).

Romo is a great guy. We need more Romo's in this league. In a league where douchebags like Pacman get so much attention, it sucks to see a guy like Romo struggle like that. I want to hate the guy, but I can't. He's a good guy, can't hate on the man.

Honestly, if he wasn't a Cowboy, he'd probably be one of my favorite players in the league.

I feel differently. A smirkless Romo is heaven on Earth.

CashmoneyDrew

I feel the same way about Clinton Portis. I want to hate him but I can't.

scottyboy
It was evident a few times he forced it in TO's direction. He's under pressure. TO isn't bitching at him on the sidelines(yet?), instead he takes it out on Gurode... TO's a rumblin' and grumblin' and another not huge game and/or loss, could set him off.

bigbluedefense
10-12-2008, 07:28 PM
It was evident a few times he forced it in TO's direction. He's under pressure. TO isn't bitching at him on the sidelines(yet?), instead he takes it out on Gurode... TO's a rumblin' and grumblin' and another not huge game and/or loss, could set him off.

I think thats definitely part of it. But not all of it.

Vox Populi
10-12-2008, 07:28 PM
He looks depressed all the time on the field.

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Maybe he realized he needs to grow up.

bigbluedefense
10-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Maybe he realized he needs to grow up.

Theres very few players in the league that put in as much work in the offseason working on their game than Tony Romo.

Romo is grown up, people just want to pick on the guy for his lifestyle bc lets face it, we all wish we could do what he does, and some hate bc of it.

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Theres very few players in the league that put in as much work in the offseason working on their game than Tony Romo.

Romo is grown up, people just want to pick on the guy for his lifestyle bc lets face it, we all wish we could do what he does, and some hate bc of it.

I hate him, not because of his lifestyle but his attitude.

He looks for people to blame when things go wrong, instead of taking the responsibility. He'll hold onto the ball to long, get wrecked, throw a pick in the process, and blame his line.

You gotta love when he walks off the field with a smirk on his face after throwing a pick!

Paul
10-12-2008, 07:37 PM

He looks for people to blame when things go wrong, instead of taking the responsibility.

You gotta love when he walks off the field with a smirk on his face after throwing a pick!

You may need to enlighten me on this one.

bigbluedefense
10-12-2008, 07:37 PM

He looks for people to blame when things go wrong, instead of taking the responsibility.

Thats not true at all, trust me. Youre confusing the cowboys as a team with Tony Romo.

One thing I love about Romo is the fact that he's one of the few people in that organization that actually gives credit when another team makes a play on them. He never makes excuses, he always owns up to his play, and never says anything like the other team got lucky etc.

If you want to look at excuse makers, look at Jones, Phillips, Crayton, TO, and a number of other Cowboys.

But Romo is certainly not one of them.

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 07:39 PM
You may need to enlighten me on this one.

And the "fans" of big D come running. All too easy.

Watch his mannerisms on the field instead of listening to the sound bytes. He literally LOOKS for others to blame.

Gribble
10-12-2008, 07:41 PM

Watch his mannerisms on the field instead of listening to the sound bytes. He literally LOOKS for others to blame.

So just disregard what BBD said? Hmmm? Is he a Dallas fan?

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 07:42 PM
So just disregard what BBD said? Hmmm? Is he a Dallas fan?

What? At least one Dallas "fan" is already here, so what I said is still valid.

Gribble
10-12-2008, 07:44 PM
What? At least one Dallas "fan" is already here, so what I said is still valid.

50%? Nice.

skinzzfan25
10-12-2008, 07:44 PM

That's true.

Then after he saves his pity party for the conference with the media.

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 07:45 PM
That's true.

Then after he saves his pity party for the conference with the media.

++, not that hard to see unless you have star shaped glasses or are playing the "cool rival fan" card.

Paul
10-12-2008, 07:47 PM

And the cliche generalization of sensitive Cowboy's fans come out :rolleyes: .

I'm as critical of Romo and of my Team as any other Football fan, so don't use that on me.

What mannerisms exactly. Him looking upset at himself after a mistake? Him taking the blame for his turnovers? Because I haven't seen it this year.

holt_bruce81
10-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Getting hit 19 times in one game does that to a Quarterback, just ask Marc Bulger.

bored of education
10-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Brodie Croyle > Tony Romo :/

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 07:51 PM
What mannerisms exactly. Him looking upset himself? Him taking the blame for his turnovers? Because i haven't seen it this year..

The first part isn't worth arguing about.

When he is lying on his back after getting rocked because he held onto the ball too long he will first look for a roughing the passer call (understandable) then he will look at his o-line like they did something wrong, and if the receiver didn't manage to catch that duck Romo threw 5 feet over his head, he will get the glare of death and maybe a smirk and a head shake.

M.O.T.H.
10-12-2008, 07:51 PM
He looks for others to blame?

The only time he ever does something like that is when Gurode flys a snap over his head or the line is getting completely dominated. T.O. was yelling at the line today also.

Some people just have no idea when it comes to Romo. Yeah, he's a media darling who rose to stardom at a very high rate but, he is one of the hardest working and overall nicest guys in the NFL. He always gives credit to his opponants and he's not afraid to take the blame. Even when it's not always his fault. If i wasnt a cowboy fan he would def. be one of my favorite players anyway. For the way he approaches the game and carries himself. He plays the game like he's playing in the backyard and he always has a smile on his face and you can tell that he loves what he's doing and I love the guy for that.

Now, that love of the game just doesnt seem to be there. There is just something wrong...he's not enjoying himself anymore and he's watching all of this film of Brady and Peyton, trying to be something he isnt. It's been hard to watch at times.

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 07:53 PM
and if you're lucky you might see him look towards the rich seats and silently mouth, "I ******* love you baby" (then wink) at his current blond bombshell (****).

Malaka
10-12-2008, 07:54 PM
His first season and last season, I saw this kid having fun and enjoying himself on the field. He was happy with his life, happy where he was, and enjoying all that god gave him. Even with INT he smiled yeah, so what if I was a QB in the NFL I'd be smiling all the god damn time, I am getting paid to do something I love.

This year I see he is upset, and trust I have hated this guy because he is a Cowboy called him Tony ****, blah blah, all that stuff he beat the Giants I wanted to kill him. I have made fun of him for bobbling the field goal, and screwing up the Cowboys, throwing the INT against the Giants, and going out with fish-hook nose Jessica Simpson. He is a good guy, and right now I am sad to see him down, although I am extremely happy the Cowboys lost. He is one of the more likable guys in the league, and even as a Cowboy he has my respect I hope he gets out of this sorta depression.

Do not hate on Romo, he is a good guy, he is not one of the assholes in our world like the T.Os, Pacman Joness, Tank Johnsons, Lawrence Phillipss, Cedric Bensons, Tatum Bells, in this league. I really feel for him, and you now I actually like him I feel bad for him... he is scared, he cannot stand up to the monster that is T.O.

His mentality is a couple of things, that Demon in football gear T.O, that witch Jessica Simpson, and not all Cowboys fans but the pressure of many of them. He has been called a choker, and he kinda is but I like and believe in this guy, even as a Giants fan I hope he can just get out of this mini depression.

(post 666: Me feeling sorry for Tony Romo... truly a sign of the apocalypse...)

Saints-Tigers
10-12-2008, 08:06 PM
I think he stopped having fun when Brett Favre got traded. Ask john Madden, the key to playing the quarterback position is having fun, and Romo just isn't anymore.

And lol at people blaming Jessica Simpson for Tony Romo sucking.

Brent
10-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Could it be he was just overrated to begin with? I am not saying he's awful but it's not like he played mistake-free football last year.

CashmoneyDrew
10-12-2008, 08:09 PM
No seriously. He should've stayed with Carrie Underwood. That is key in all this.

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Could it be he was just overrated to begin with? I am not saying he's awful but it's not like he played mistake-free football last year.

No, he's allowed to throw interceptions galore, he's a gunslinger. Interceptions are required to be a gunslinger.

Brent
10-12-2008, 08:11 PM
No, he's allowed to throw interceptions galore, he's a gunslinger. Interceptions are required to be a gunslinger.
Oh right, I forgot that if you throw a lot of INTs but get categorized as a "gunslinger" it's okay.

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Oh right, I forgot that if you throw a lot of INTs but get categorized as a "gunslinger" it's okay.

Just making sure. Don't want people to get the wrong impression.

Brent
10-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Just making sure. Don't want people to get the wrong impression.
Yeah, heaven forbid someone associate "poor decision-making" with "gunslinger"

M.O.T.H.
10-12-2008, 08:22 PM
He does have a gunslinger mentality...I know it's been beaten to death but, he's a lot like Favre...and just like him, he's going to throw picks. Gunslingers make poor decisions because, they'll force it almost anywhere...Favre had several seasons where he threw 20+ ints and one where he almost threw 30. No one likes it, and no one is saying it's okay. It's just something you have to live w/...but, I would certainly rather Romo playing that style of football rather than him trying to change himself into something he's not. He seems to be struggling to find an idenity now and really...his overall game, just didnt need to be messed w/ all that much. He's just gotta go out there and play his brand of football and have fun. Yes, he'll throw picks but, that's just comes with the style he plays w/. Atleast, he'll be having fun instead of constantly moping around, trying to be something everyone else wants him to be. The ints have certainly got to him and his mind just isnt right, right now. Hopefully, this will pass before things get really bad.

MetSox17
10-12-2008, 08:26 PM

Don't have much time to chime in on the thread, but this stood out.

You do realize that Owens was yelling at Gurode cause he stared at the ball for a split second before actually jumping on it, right? You have to be aware and on your toes out there, especially when you're getting abused by a bunch of nobody pass-rushers and your quarterback is getting constantly hit.

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 08:27 PM
He does have a gunslinger mentality...I know it's been beaten to death but, he's a lot like Favre...and just like him, he's going to throw picks. Gunslingers make poor decisions because, they'll force it almost anywhere...Favre had several seasons where he threw 20+ ints and one where he almost threw 30. No one likes it, and no one is saying it's okay. It's just something you have to live w/...but, I would certainly rather Romo playing that style of football rather than him trying to change himself into something he's not. He seems to be struggling to find an idenity now and really...his overall game, just didnt need to be messed w/ all that much. He's just gotta go out there and play his brand of football and have fun. Yes, he'll throw picks but, that's just comes with the style he plays w/. Atleast, he'll be having fun instead of constantly moping around, trying to be something everyone else wants him to be. The ints have certainly got to him and his mind just isnt right, right now. Hopefully, this will pass before things get really bad.

++, he needs to start blaming the other players again. Now that he realizes it him ******* up, he is getting depressed and is changing his style.

PoopSandwich
10-12-2008, 08:29 PM
I said to my friend today while watching the game that Romo just doesn't look like he is having fun any more.

sweetness34
10-12-2008, 08:38 PM
He has an All-Pro TE, an All-Pro WR, an All-Pro RB, and an All-Pro OL. No excuses IMO. And he does crack under pressure.

Guy has talent but I've always felt he's been overrated. Good QB yes, great QB no.

Brent
10-12-2008, 08:41 PM
he is getting depressed and is changing his style.
Well, then I refer you to this (www.sadtrombone.com). Because like Sweetness said, look at the talent around him. He's got no excuses.

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 08:41 PM
He has an All-Pro TE, an All-Pro WR, an All-Pro RB, and an All-Pro OL. No excuses IMO. And he does crack under pressure.

Guy has talent but I've always felt he's been overrated. Good QB yes, great QB no.

++, Romo is a product, not the producer.

iloxygenil
10-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Overrated Media darling? Me thinks so. He's a decent QB, but he's not a transcendent talent like they'd want you to believe

M.O.T.H.
10-12-2008, 09:00 PM
The funny thing about this...is that statistically speaking, Romo is having an outstanding season but, the stats are more of a fallacy. As BBD said in the original post, he's just off and not playing up to the level he is capable of playing at and that, is in direct correlation with how he has been carrying himself lately. Again, I just hope he'll snap out of this sooner, rather later. Watching him being depressed is just making me depressed and it's obviously not a good thing to see your team leader moping around like he his. The pressure, the ints, the celebrity QB persona, T.O., his father's illness...it could all be weighing on him pretty heavily. I dont know what exactly it is but, again I'm just really hoping that he's going to be okay in the long run. I'm sure it's more football related, considering that he just looks to be playing scared and over protective of the football. (through the air atleast) I do believe he'll get it right, soon enough, though.

scottyboy
10-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Don't have much time to chime in on the thread, but this stood out.

You do realize that Owens was yelling at Gurode cause he stared at the ball for a split second before actually jumping on it, right? You have to be aware and on your toes out there, especially when you're getting abused by a bunch of nobody pass-rushers and your quarterback is getting constantly hit.

yes, that damn Gurode should be staring at the ground in case Flozell gets beat and Romo fumbles. God forbid he be looking around for someone to block.

and with 300+ lbs of girth, it's not exactly easy to see the ball under you. that's a lotta gut.

and Flozell got beat more than Gurode. He got beat like he stole grammy's purse

Sniper
10-12-2008, 09:08 PM

Cowboys, not Cowboy's.

Romo's problem, as I alluded to in the Gameday thread, is that he went from banging Carrie Underwood's glorious ass to banging something that everyone in Hollywood has banged. I <3 Underwood.

Xiomera
10-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Oooo! This is like a Whodunit.

Lemme guess . . . Mrs. Simpson in the bedroom with a prenuptial agreement.

scottyboy
10-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Oooo! This is like a Whodunit.

Lemme guess . . . Mrs. Simpson in the bedroom with a prenuptial agreement.

would she really be sinister to do it in the bedroom? like get him all ready to bump uglies and then pulls that ****? EVIL!

Iamcanadian
10-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Before everyone gets too far fetched about Romo, you have to remember that Arizona always plays well against the Cowboys even before Romo came on the scene. They always give the Cowboys a tough go. When you add in the fact that the Cowboy's defense hasn't stopped anybody this season, it seems absurd to me to point the finger at Romo. Where is the defense's fault in all this.

thebow305
10-12-2008, 09:14 PM
What's wrong with Tony Romo is he needs to grow up. That guy is way too in love with himself and his image to be a successful NFL quarterback. The reason why Top QB's like Brady and Manning are so successful are two things: Preparation and Dedication. Romo has neither. Besides the fact I don't believe he really truly cares all that much about whether they win or lose, as long as he's still Tony Romo. I don't think it keeps him up at night like it does for other NFL players, that's all I'm sayin.

Sniper
10-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Before everyone gets too far fetched about Romo, you have to remember that Arizona always plays well against the Cowboys even before Romo came on the scene. They always give the Cowboys a tough go. When you add in the fact that the Cowboy's defense hasn't stopped anybody this season, it seems absurd to me to point the finger at Romo. Where is the defense's fault in all this.

Cowboys' defense, not Cowboy's defense.

His stats are hollow stats, which is a bigger part of the conversation.

M.O.T.H.
10-12-2008, 09:18 PM
What's wrong with Tony Romo is he needs to grow up. That guy is way too in love with himself and his image to be a successful NFL quarterback. The reason why Top QB's like Brady and Manning are so successful are two things: Preparation and Dedication. Romo has neither. Besides the fact I don't believe he really truly cares all that much about whether they win or lose, as long as he's still Tony Romo. I don't think it keeps him up at night like it does for other NFL players, that's all I'm sayin.

Here is an example of someone who knows nothing about Tony Romo. Are you serious? No preparation and dedication? What?

FYI, there is not a player on that team that takes a loss as hard as Romo. He's also the guy that receives all the blame when they lose, even when it's not his fault.

Romo takes his job seriously but, he doesnt take himself seriously. He's not in love with himself and he was never someone to care what the media or outsiders have had to say about him. You my friend, are way off base here.

Where did this even come from? I honestly do not know where you would come up with any of this information. If this is really how other fans see Romo than no wonder no one likes him out there but, it's a load of bull.

Sniper
10-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Romo takes his job seriously but, he doesnt take himself seriously. He's not in love with himself and he was never someone to care what the media and outsiders have had to say about him. You my friend, are way off base here.

How do you know all this? Do you guys hang out on weekends?

Saints-Tigers
10-12-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm going to catch you with a typo or grammatical error Sniper. I will.

Brent
I don't believe he really truly cares all that much about whether they win or lose, as long as he's still Tony Romo
I dont know about that. I remember seeing somewhere, I'll try to find it, that the reason Carrie Underwood left him was because all he talked about was football and really nothing else. haha

Sniper
I'm going to catch you with a typo or grammatical error Sniper. I will.

It's cool. I hope someone fixes my error, if I make one. I want to speak the language properly.

Saints-Tigers
10-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Don't ever come to New Orleans. Your head will splode.

Sniper
10-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Don't ever come to New Orleans. Your head will splode.

I'm sure. I met a chick from Louisiana this summer, and holy ****, it's like talking to people from a different planet.

M.O.T.H.
10-12-2008, 09:24 PM
How do you know all this? Do you guys hang out on weekends?

The Cowboys are of course "America's team". These guys are constantly covered by all types of media. Anyone who pays attention to them knows what kind of man Tony is. Not only has he said those words, just watch his interviews. (prior to the last few weeks, atleast) Tony is one of the hardest working players in the league but, he's also a goof ball. You can count on him for being prepared, hell overly prepared but, you can also count on him being the same quirky kid in the lockeroom and in front of the camera.

Iamcanadian
10-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Cowboys' defense, not Cowboy's defense.

His stats are hollow stats, which is a bigger part of the conversation.

Interesting that you need to point out grammar to make yourself seem important but your argument is that of a 10 year old with no substance, no rational, in fact totally meaningless. Typical of a person who has already lost and is not willing to refute the evidence.
Refute the evidence or don't bother replying. Your constant reference to language considering that the computer is rewriting the English language and English slang so fast the dictionaries cannot keep up is pointless.

Sniper
10-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Interesting that you need to point out grammar to make yourself seem important but your argument is that of a 10 year old with no substance, no rational, in fact totally meaningless. Typical of a person who has already lost and is not willing to refute the evidence.
Refute the evidence or don't bother replying. Your constant reference to language considering that the computer is rewriting the English language and English slang so fast the dictionaries cannot keep up is pointless.

Your mindless dribble would make sense, however, even Cowboys fans know that his stats don't indicate his level of play this year. I apologize for preferring posts that are grammatically well-structured and demonstrate an education obtainable only after passing the second grade.

Saints-Tigers
10-12-2008, 09:39 PM
I think he be suk

Sniper
10-12-2008, 09:40 PM
I think he be suk

TOTALYZ! HE BE A HOOOGE SUKZ!

I'm pissed at your LSU boys.

Saints-Tigers
10-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Don't remind me. My belt is already on the ceiling fan, don't make me seal the deal.

bantx
10-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Bruce with ur hate with Romo u just basically made up stuff about Romo, saying he blames others get over ur hate with romo.

Sniper
10-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Don't remind me. My belt is already on the ceiling fan, don't make me seal the deal.

Could be worse. You could be 2-4 with a terrible "offense", terrible linebackers and safeties and one awful corner, and you could have lost to Toledo...at home.

awfullyquiet
10-12-2008, 10:13 PM
What's wrong with Tony Romo?

I can tell you. He's not from notre dame..

OHHHHHHHH Snap.

johnstonolb
10-12-2008, 10:14 PM

I don't buy this crap about dedication -- I do think his coaches are not coaching him and the play calling needs to adjust to his abilities (run/move) a little more. He is not a pure pocket passer.

BlindSite
10-12-2008, 10:19 PM
I don't think Garrett is as good as he's given credit for. Time and time again there's a lot of questionable game planning around the Cowboys offense.

They need to run the ball more and use TO and Witten as primary targets slightly less.

Passing first, second and third downs isn't a good strategy.

21ST
10-12-2008, 10:20 PM

I'm as critical of Romo and of my Team as any other Football fan, so don't use that on me.

What mannerisms exactly. Him looking upset at himself after a mistake? Him taking the blame for his turnovers? Because I haven't seen it this year.

THe stupid smirk he makes when he ***** up

Paul
10-12-2008, 10:33 PM
THe stupid smirk he makes when he ***** up

This "smirk" people construe as him not caring or him showing up his receivers, I don't get. You truly believe he feels indifferent after he throws a pick or a over throws a pass? If you see how he is playing now and what his demeanor is on the field and in interviews, you can see he is not happy with his play. The constant problems with taking care of the ball, the miss opportunities, the decision making, and the constant scrutiny from fans and local media, is obviously getting to him. Because I haven't seen that "smirk" since the 1st week in Cleveland.

Iamcanadian
10-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Your mindless dribble would make sense, however, even Cowboys fans know that his stats don't indicate his level of play this year. I apologize for preferring posts that are grammatically well-structured and demonstrate an education obtainable only after passing the second grade.

Actually it is a known fact that really intelligent people tend to be poor spellers and are often grammatically incorrect. They spend their time thinking about more important things besides spelling and grammar. People who tend to be good spellers and use concise language tend to be conformists who accepted everything their teachers said without question. The clearer and more perfect your handwriting, spelling and grammar, the more likely that you never ever had an original thought in your life.
I have a PHD in philosophy so tell me how far did you get with your proper spelling and grammar. I rely on the computer to check over my work, that is the mundane task they are used for by really intelligent people.

Saints-Tigers
10-12-2008, 10:38 PM
I spell really well, but I have by far the worst hand writing you will ever see.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN???

Saints-Tigers
10-12-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm sure. I met a chick from Louisiana this summer, and holy ****, it's like talking to people from a different planet.

Oh god, don't confuse New Orleans with the rest of Louisiana. We have our issues, but not quite on the majorities level :D

Sniper
10-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Actually it is a known fact that really intelligent people tend to be poor spellers and are often grammatically incorrect. They spend their time thinking about more important things besides spelling and grammar. People who tend to be good spellers and use concise language tend to be conformists who accepted everything their teachers said without question. The clearer and more perfect your handwriting, spelling and grammar, the more likely that you never ever had an original thought in your life.
I have a PHD in philosophy so tell me how far did you get with your proper spelling and grammar. I rely on the computer to check over my work, that is the mundane task they are used for by really intelligent people.

Probably the worst excuse for poor spelling and grammar I have ever heard. Well done "Doc", you've outdone yourself. But I digress.

Anyways, back to the point of this thread, Romo isn't the same type of player as he has been the first couple of years. This can't be making Owens too happy.

CashmoneyDrew
10-12-2008, 10:48 PM
No seriously. He should've stayed with Carrie Underwood. That is key in all this.

Cowboys, not Cowboy's.

Romo's problem, as I alluded to in the Gameday thread, is that he went from banging Carrie Underwood's glorious ass to banging something that everyone in Hollywood has banged. I <3 Underwood.

I beat you to it Sniper. I didn't see your post in the gameday thread, therefore, I am greater than you. And plus, I live in Nashville. I'll get to Carrie Underwood before you!

Sniper
10-12-2008, 10:49 PM
I beat you to it Sniper. I didn't see your post in the gameday thread, therefore, I am greater than you. And plus, I live in Nashville. I'll get to Carrie Underwood before you!

Well done VM. Carrie Underwood is so sexy, yet not skanky.

FuzzyGopher
10-12-2008, 11:04 PM
I'll admit it I hate the Cowboys and as much as I love watching Romo throw picks and fumble I cannot hate the guy. I read a story about him helping a stranded motorist after the Browns game and it changed my outlook on him. That was the game where he got drilled on the chin and was most likely concussed, and after a late night flight back to Dallas he stopped to help change the tire of a strangers car. He never told them who he was or asked for credit, he just helped them out and went on his way. Talk about being humble and not letting fame get to your head.

Number 10
10-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Mentally reading people when you don't have an ounce of credibility when it comes to personally knowing Romo is a little risky.

He does seem different personality wise but it may just be plain and simple. The Cowboys have not been playing well this season and the entire offensive scheme just seems off. On top of that, now that Romo has been playing for a couple years his weaknesses and tendencies are being figured out. Pass rushers attack the ball with him more so than other QBs, Romo has yet to overcome that. Romo is getting blitzed more now and getting beat up a little because teams have figured out he holds on too long, assuming he can evade the pressure at times where he just can't. And once Romo is beat up a little, his game and mindset are totally altered.

bigbluedefense
10-13-2008, 07:46 AM
I think one of the underlying problems as well is Terrell Owens. Don't get me wrong, TO is still one of the best in the game, but he's showing signs of slowing down.

I know people will be quick to say "he's being double covered and pressed" blah blah blah, but who cares? He's seen that coverage his entire career and has eaten it up his entire career. But not anymore.

He's starting to slow down. And thats putting a hamper on this passing attack. Even as a slowed down TO, he's still one of the best in the game. But he has shown signs of slowing down, and it has seriously effected this offense.

If Jason Witten wasn't having such a clutch/huge season right now, the Cowboys couldve been 3-3, maybe worse. Witten is carrying that passing attack.

Number 10
10-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Actually....

From the 4 games I have watched, TO is not getting doubled as often as he was last year. His straight line, top speed is still near or at the top in the league. But in terms of getting in and out of cuts, he doesn't seem to be lethal anymore.

Witten has scared me more than TO in that offense the past few years anyway.

bigbluedefense
10-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Actually....

From the 4 games I have watched, TO is not getting doubled as often as he was last year. His straight line, top speed is still near or at the top in the league. But in terms of getting in and out of cuts, he doesn't seem to be lethal anymore.

Witten has scared me more than TO in that offense the past few years anyway.

Thats true. But I think the reason why we've seen this is bc he went against 3 teams who have faith in their CBs to play press on an island with him. Springs, Hood and Hall all are capable of doing that. Theyre all big and strong enough to pull it off.

When he plays a team like Bills however (just an example), I expect more doubles. Same with the Bears, who use smaller CBs.

Number 10
10-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Thats true. But I think the reason why we've seen this is bc he went against 3 teams who have faith in their CBs to play press on an island with him. Springs, Hood and Hall all are capable of doing that. Theyre all big and strong enough to pull it off.

When he plays a team like Bills however (just an example), I expect more doubles. Same with the Bears, who use smaller CBs.

Yeah those teams are zone based...

Cards, Eagles, Skins all trusted man coverage on TO and outside of Lito Shappard, TO was handled.

bigbluedefense
10-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Yeah those teams are zone based...

Cards, Eagles, Skins all trusted man coverage on TO and outside of Lito Shappard, TO was handled.

Curious to see if we put Webster or Ross on him.

I think Webster has been lights out this year.

Number 10
10-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Curious to see if we put Webster or Ross on him.

I think Webster has been lights out this year.

I would think Webster most of the time. He has been across from the opposing #1 since the playoff run began and he has yet to be beat except for the two times he tripped (Driver, Moss).

The 180 he has taken.....holy cow

bigbluedefense
10-13-2008, 08:19 AM
I would think Webster most of the time. He has been across from the opposing #1 since the playoff run began and he has yet to be beat except for the two times he tripped (Driver, Moss).

The 180 he has taken.....holy cow

i know. i can't explain it. the guy went from one of the worst corners ive ever seen to playing like a top 5 CB in the league since the playoffs. it just doesn't make any sense.

we need to extend him asap.

Number 10
10-13-2008, 08:24 AM
i know. i can't explain it. the guy went from one of the worst corners ive ever seen to playing like a top 5 CB in the league since the playoffs. it just doesn't make any sense.

we need to extend him asap.

And he was Jerry Reese's guy in the 2005 draft too. Giants almost traded up back into the 1st round to get him but Accorsi said no.

Staubach12
10-13-2008, 09:35 AM
He'll come back, I have faith.

(Romo)

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Apparently it was a broken finger.

MetSox17
10-13-2008, 10:49 AM

Lol you beat me to it. I was gonna post the exact same thing.

bigbluedefense
10-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Well...i guess this question has been answered lol.

Turtlepower
10-13-2008, 10:52 AM

The report says he broke his finger in overtime, so probably not.

MetSox17
10-13-2008, 11:01 AM
The report says he broke his finger in overtime, so probably not.

Did it just fly by you?

M.O.T.H.
10-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Not quite...Tony suffered the injury in OT. He was healthy up until then so, it's not even related. But anyway, this is devastating...could be 3 games w/ the bye, could be much worse. This completely changes the dynamic of our team. Now we have a statue back there w/ our o-line coming off of their worst game...time to pound rock. Gotta ride Marion and Felix. This is going to be real interesting...I'm really the unhappiest guy on the planet right now. ugh. Only good that may come from this...Tony will have plenty of time to get his head together but, who knows what kind of record he'll be coming back to.

Number 10
10-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Ouch, tough break for a team that needs wins these next few weeks.

That wasn't the problem with his early struggles but maybe these next 3-4 weeks will help him catch up with whatever he is behind on.

LonghornsLegend
10-13-2008, 06:03 PM
I think one of the underlying problems as well is Terrell Owens. Don't get me wrong, TO is still one of the best in the game, but he's showing signs of slowing down.

I know people will be quick to say "he's being double covered and pressed" blah blah blah, but who cares? He's seen that coverage his entire career and has eaten it up his entire career. But not anymore.

He's starting to slow down. And thats putting a hamper on this passing attack. Even as a slowed down TO, he's still one of the best in the game. But he has shown signs of slowing down, and it has seriously effected this offense.

If Jason Witten wasn't having such a clutch/huge season right now, the Cowboys couldve been 3-3, maybe worse. Witten is carrying that passing attack.

How many games have you caught this year? TO looks faster to me out there, again I'm pretty sure he's not the same WR as he was in San Fran but he still blows past defenders pretty easily even when he doesn't get the ball, I don't get how that seriously affects our offense...Garrett takes alot of blame, we haven't seen alot of TO going in motion like last year, or some of the creativity to find ways to get him open...He's doing his job, and looks every bit as good of a WR as he has been since he came here, just a few weeks ago he was running past everyone on SNF so whys that change now.

Those DB's have been doing a great job jammimg him at the line and pressing, but last year you saw him in the slot off the line, or going in motion and snapping the ball with him already moving towards the inside...This year, not so much for some reason, I think our coaching staff is still trying to figure this team out and how to put everyone in a position to perform.

Injuries don't bother me, I kinda felt we were due for our fair share, it's been too long since we have had a year like some other teams so we are due...Although it's ironic that everyone around here still wants to call Barber's running style damaging and saying he's the one whose going to break down yet he's been here 4 years and I can't remember one minor or major injury he's sustained *knock on wood* don't want to jinx him but he is probably more dependable then anyone on the team...Guess we really see if he can handle 25-30 carries because thats what he probably gets for a few weeks.

steelersfan43
10-13-2008, 06:12 PM
awwwe little tony's pinky hwurts him.

skinzzfan25
10-13-2008, 08:30 PM
The worst injury is McBriar.

That dude is money.