PDA

View Full Version : If it was your choice...

BrownsTown
10-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Who would you take at QB to run your franchise? I noticed all the QB threads and thought I'd combine the discussion. It seems a lot of people are split on what QBs will succeed in the NFL. So who do you think is the best out of the ones that could potentially come out this year? (No Seniors included because they suck) I took the big 5 that seem to be talked about the most and threw in Dan Lefevour, since I think he'll be great but I haven't really gotten a gauge on people's opinion of him, and Josh Freeman since I've seen some drastically different views on him.

I would go, personal opinion:
1. Sam Bradford
2. Matt Stafford
3. Dan Lefevour
4. Mark Sanchez
5. Colt McCoy
6. Josh Freeman
7. Tim Tebow

I think with juniors/RS sophmores declaring it could be a darn good QB class. No real clear cut #1 but plenty of people who could potentially become QBs of the future. More than previous classes though, some of these QBs will pretty much have to sit out a year before playing, especially people like Bradford, Tebow, McCoy who would have to work out some kinks in their mechanics and Mark Sanchez who just hasn't started very long.

Bearsfan123
10-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Im going to go with Stafford. I havent seen a ton of him, and I dont know too much about his weaknesses, but it was a tough choice between him and Sanchez for me.
1.Stafford
1b Sanchez
3 Bradford
4 Colt McCoy
5 Dan Lefevour (he would be four but his name is too hard for a QB. Lefevour scores! it just sounds wrong lol)
6. Tim Tebow (I hate his motion. I hate his accuracy. I love his desire to win)
7. Josh Freeman (Too big of an unknown, and I really dont like Daunte Culpepper, or Jamarcus Russel clones)

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Tebow better not have one vote.

illmatic74
10-12-2008, 11:42 PM
I will wait till 2010
1. Sam Bradford
2. Jimmy Clausen
3. Matthew Stafford (should stay)

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 11:45 PM
I will wait till 2010
1. Sam Bradford
2. Jimmy Clausen

You seem knowledgeable. How does Clausen project?

SenorGato
10-12-2008, 11:54 PM
I will wait till 2010
1. Sam Bradford
2. Jimmy Clausen

Word.

I really like Sam Bradford. He seems to grow with every start.

Stafford really does seem like a similar prospect to Cutler. Time will tell with him. I hope/think he does stay.

Nice to see I'm not the only one extremely impressed with Clausen. He's looked great and it doesn't hurt to be a student under Weiss.

illmatic74
10-12-2008, 11:56 PM
You seem knowledgeable. How does Clausen project? Thank you if you weren't sarcastic. Clausen has been carrying Notre Dame an awful team last year. He has made major strides over just the last few weeks. He has taken a pounding behind a questionable offensive line. His mechanics, release and footwork are top notch that goes along with good but not great arm. He will need to bulk up by next year but if he keeps improving like he is he should consider entering the draft next year since he will be 22 by next year I think.

Bruce Banner
10-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Thank you if you weren't sarcastic. Clausen has been carrying Notre Dame an awful team last year. He has made major strides over just the last few weeks. He has taken a pounding behind a questionable offensive line. His mechanics, release and footwork are top notch that goes along with good but not great arm. He will need to bulk up by next year but if he keeps improving like he is he should consider entering the draft next year since he will be 22 by next year I think.

No sarcasm, and thanks for the info.

Babylon
10-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Word.

I really like Sam Bradford. He seems to grow with every start.

Stafford really does seem like a similar prospect to Cutler. Time will tell with him. I hope/think he does stay.

Nice to see I'm not the only one extremely impressed with Clausen. He's looked great and it doesn't hurt to be a student under Weiss.

Stafford will most likely leave and probably the only one right now with a 1st round grade. Some people question juniors leaving but Stafford will end up with about 32 starts at UGA after this year which is the same number that Matt Ryan had at BC. I think Bradford will stay till 2010 and he needs to show he isnt just benefiting from being a by product of the pass happy big-12

brat316
10-13-2008, 12:29 AM
I don't know, I like qb who have a certain swagger and can lead a team. But having the tools also helps. I would go Colt or Sanchez, I like Sanchez just because he does thing for his team that you wouldn't expect the qb to do. Throw a block, get in a defenders face, some other things. Colts good also he just can get it down, trying to do things by any way possible.

djp
10-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Sam Bradford is the best QB prospect... it's just a matter if he comes out or not. The guy will have only played 2 years and my cousin goes to OU and says he absolutely loves it and would bet he doesn't leave...

I think the $$$ will come calling and he'll declare. Especially once he hears how high his draft stock is.

Bengals78
10-13-2008, 12:44 AM
I went Stafford but it was a toss up between him, McCoy and Bradford. I think Jimmy Claussen will be a top pick when his time comes, then after him Montana's boy lol. I think Clausen will be a lot better than Quinn when all is said and done. Give one more year with the new weapons he has this year and we will see him rise as a top QB prospect.

Babylon
10-13-2008, 12:52 AM
I went Stafford but it was a toss up between him, McCoy and Bradford. I think Jimmy Claussen will be a top pick when his time comes, then after him Montana's boy lol. I think Clausen will be a lot better than Quinn when all is said and done. Give one more year with the new weapons he has this year and we will see him rise as a top QB prospect.

I think Clausen has come a long way this year but i'm not sure about him being as good as Quinn. Brady has the advantage as far as size and arm strength. You're right about the weapons there at ND but teammates arent going to make anyone a top prospect.

brat316
10-13-2008, 12:53 AM
What happened to the other qbs that came out of the 06 class with Tebow, Stafford and Freeman. The Elite 11.

Babylon
10-13-2008, 01:00 AM
What happened to the other qbs that came out of the 06 class with Tebow, Stafford and Freeman. The Elite 11.

Mitch Mustain- USC
Jevan Snead- Ole Miss

not sure about others

holt_bruce81
10-13-2008, 02:50 AM
I'd go with Stafford.

Scott Wright
10-13-2008, 03:01 AM
I can tell you right now that out of those seven guys listed Colt McCoy should rank 6th or 7th.

Think next year's Chase Daniel.

Bruce Banner
10-13-2008, 03:04 AM
I can tell you right now that out of those seven guys listed Colt McCoy should rank 6th or 7th.

Well, that should put all of the moronic Colt in the first! posts, out of their misery.

wicket
10-13-2008, 04:19 AM
max hall for me

Saints-Tigers
10-13-2008, 05:19 AM
I'll take my chances with Stafford. Even if he busts, I don't think any of the others will be good enough to make me regret it.

eaglesalltheway
10-13-2008, 06:28 AM
I went with Bradford, but I don't think he comes out this year, so that means I would be waiting. I like Sanchez too, but Bradford, especially with another year under his belt, would be my choice. Honestly, I don't really like the others out of that (I really like McCoy, but not so much as a prospect) including Stafford, but that is just my opinion.

Yatta!
10-13-2008, 07:06 AM
I'll go with Stafford. He seems a bit boom or bust to me and hasn't played to expectations yet but I still think he could be really special.

the_legend_killer
10-13-2008, 07:16 AM
As long as he'd get a year or two to sit and watch, I voted for Dan Lefevour.

georgiafan
10-13-2008, 07:27 AM

I take it you don't think he should be the 1st overall pick in the draft like d-unit.

P-L
10-13-2008, 09:21 AM
I think I'd take Matt Stafford, but barely over Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez.

Staubach12
10-13-2008, 09:27 AM
1. Sam Bradford
2. Matt Stafford
3. Mark Sanchez
4. Colt McCoy
5. Dan Lefevour
6. Josh Freeman
7. Tim Tebow

Babylon
10-13-2008, 11:04 AM
I'd go with Stafford.

In the context of this argument or for the Rams?

MetSox17
10-13-2008, 11:31 AM
I took the homer route :D