PDA

View Full Version : Chase Holbrook

iBoldin
10-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Could he silently be sneaking back up big boards, especially with the added fact that there has been such animosity as to who is the top senior quarterback? He has good stats playing on a non contender in New Mexico State. He has six picks, has 13 touchdown passes and he's passed for just over 1500 yards.

He has great size in 6'5" and 240 lbs for a quarterback, I think he has good attributes and he's had production in the past. I know he was up there with Harper and Painter going into the season, but somehow he dropped off. Could he cement himself as a top three senior quarterback when the dust settles? I really like the kid, he passed for 400 yards this past weekend over Nevada.

Thoughts?

Bengals78
10-13-2008, 01:29 AM
While it may not be the best, he could be the best senior QB if he keeps it up. I personally havent seen him play but the senior QB class is weak so he could benefit from that. Should be interesting to see how he does the rest of the year.

jayceheathman
10-13-2008, 10:25 PM
I have seen the majority of his games and I think he is a great prospect. I am bias about this since I go to New Mexico State though. A lot of his picks came at the hand of Nebraska since the OL doesnt have the strength or athleticism to keep their defenders off for 1 second. The WR's he has are also like 5'9 but really fast. That Nevada game was awesome. There was like 4 4th down plays where Holbrook was able to keep the drive going with great passes. He can also take a hit pretty well.

Smokey Joe
10-13-2008, 10:43 PM
he's my no. 3 senior QB.

jayceheathman
10-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Holbrook>>>>>>>>>>>>>Stafford

ElectricEye
10-14-2008, 12:30 AM
I think he's pretty underrated right now. I wouldn't draft him personally, but he should be a factor in the senior rankings...as meaningless as they are.

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 12:18 PM
i think so. hes playing good foot ball right now. hes a good arm, not great, prototype size, decent athlete. has shown ability to operate under center. could be a 2nd rd all the way to rd 5. see how he progresses. hes right in that second tier under freeman and stafford

JT Jag
10-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Too many guys named Chase are coming out.

jayceheathman
10-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Too many guys named Chase are coming out.

Holbrook is the best out of all of them. :)

Menardo75
10-25-2008, 02:08 AM
He has tools the only thing that worries me is the system he is coming out of.

SuperKevin
10-25-2008, 02:50 AM
He has tools the only thing that worries me is the system he is coming out of.

That is alarming but he has the size and arm strength to break the system QB mold

Gribble
10-25-2008, 10:08 AM
I also go to NMSU, I'm not so hot on Chase. He had 2 picks for TDs against San Jose last Saturday and basically played terrible against an average team. A lot of his stats and yards come off of long runs after the catch by his receivers... His arm strength isn't showcased much as Mumme has a bizarre refusal to throw down the field, which would open up the "Air Raid" much more than 5 straight short/screen passes. He makes a LONG time to make decisions on occasion... I dunno... Have you guys watched much of him this year?

Menardo75
10-25-2008, 11:00 AM
I think he is a perfect candidate for a late round QB project.

jayceheathman
10-26-2008, 12:13 AM
I also go to NMSU, I'm not so hot on Chase. He had 2 picks for TDs against San Jose last Saturday and basically played terrible against an average team. A lot of his stats and yards come off of long runs after the catch by his receivers... His arm strength isn't showcased much as Mumme has a bizarre refusal to throw down the field, which would open up the "Air Raid" much more than 5 straight short/screen passes. He makes a LONG time to make decisions on occasion... I dunno... Have you guys watched much of him this year?

I have watched a lot of him. :) You know he is talented enough to be the #1 pick Gribble.

giantsfan
10-26-2008, 12:22 AM
i think so. hes playing good foot ball right now. hes a good arm, not great, prototype size, decent athlete. has shown ability to operate under center. could be a 2nd rd all the way to rd 5. see how he progresses. hes right in that second tier under freeman and stafford

Wait so you haven't seen enough of him to pass judgement on his NFL prospects? What have you seen of him, a youtube clip?

Race for the Heisman
10-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Of the system guys, I'd prefer Harrell. He seemingly has everything. The only thing I question about him is his mental toughness and his attitude. Obviously huge factors, but he's physically enough and he would appear to have all the mental faculties. He just seems like a bit of a pansy to me and not a true leader.

jayceheathman
10-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Of the system guys, I'd prefer Harrell. He seemingly has everything. The only thing I question about him is his mental toughness and his attitude. Obviously huge factors, but he's physically enough and he would appear to have all the mental faculties. He just seems like a bit of a pansy to me and not a true leader.

Harrell or Holbrook?

Brent
10-26-2008, 01:18 AM
I take Chase Holbrook over Graham. I think he's done far more with less around him.

Race for the Heisman
10-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Harrell or Holbrook?

Harrell. I think he could be the steal of the draft, a la Trent Edwards, if he lands the the right situation.

jayceheathman
11-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Harrell. I think he could be the steal of the draft, a la Trent Edwards, if he lands the the right situation.

True, but he also has the #1 wide receiver in college right now and an OL playing really well. I cant hype my boy Holbrook much the last few weeks because he has been awful. You cant compare Michael Crabtree to Chris Williams though. Williams is NMSU's #1 wideout and is 5'8 163 pounds.

Race for the Heisman
11-05-2008, 01:42 PM
True, but he also has the #1 wide receiver in college right now and an OL playing really well. I cant hype my boy Holbrook much the last few weeks because he has been awful. You cant compare Michael Crabtree to Chris Williams though. Williams is NMSU's #1 wideout and is 5'8 163 pounds.

True. As much as I believe Harrell can be a success in the NFL, Crabtree is just a monster. Like #2 overall-type monster.

jayceheathman
12-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Chase > Brett Favre

STARHEATHER
12-05-2008, 08:37 PM
very disapointing. if he was an nfl qb in that conference they should have gone to a bowl if hes an nfl qb. maybe a late rd gamble at this point. looks the part. decent arm not great.

princefielder28
12-05-2008, 08:38 PM
very disapointing. if he was an nfl qb in that conference they should have gone to a bowl if hes an nfl qb. maybe a late rd gamble at this point. looks the part. decent arm not great.

terrible logic

STARHEATHER
12-05-2008, 08:43 PM
care to elaborate. theyre offense has benn garbage at the end of he yr against less than stellar competition.he doesnt have agreat throwing arm. for me that equals a late rds pick

STARHEATHER
12-05-2008, 08:45 PM
too many picks

princefielder28
12-05-2008, 08:47 PM
care to elaborate. theyre offense has benn garbage at the end of he yr against less than stellar competition.he doesnt have agreat throwing arm. for me that equals a late rds pick

He surrounded by absolute $hit talent, and if you don't have the talent upfront or spilt out then it doesn't matter if you can throw the ball a mile and as accurate as Tom Brady

STARHEATHER
12-05-2008, 08:52 PM
i hear ya. thats why hes even draftable because its not a good team. he ust doesnt throw the ball well enough for a high pick. i actually at once in my life had him rated very highly. he hasnt progressed as i expected and i always knew he wasnt a great thrower

Menardo75
12-06-2008, 02:54 AM
i hear ya. thats why hes even draftable because its not a good team. he ust doesnt throw the ball well enough for a high pick. i actually at once in my life had him rated very highly. he hasnt progressed as i expected and i always knew he wasnt a great thrower

He plays at NM St.

giantsfan
12-06-2008, 03:14 AM
care to elaborate.

NFL QBs aren't allowed to play in the NCAA.

Gribble
12-06-2008, 01:00 PM

NMSU cannot run the ball at all. We averaged less than 3 yards a carry this year, so Chase was the offense along with Chris Williams. The last game of the year against Utah St. we lost 47-2. The coaching staff quit on the players and Utah St. still commented that Chase was one of the few guys showing any emotion out there. He has a real competitive fire and that translates to the next level. Plus we had basically no offensive line at the end of the year due to the terrible job we did in strength and conditioning. I don't blame Chase at all for what happened this year.

CashmoneyDrew
12-06-2008, 01:06 PM
NFL QBs aren't allowed to play in the NCAA.

That's just mind bottling.

jayceheathman
12-06-2008, 01:10 PM
NMSU cannot run the ball at all. We averaged less than 3 yards a carry this year, so Chase was the offense along with Chris Williams. The last game of the year against Utah St. we lost 47-2. The coaching staff quit on the players and Utah St. still commented that Chase was one of the few guys showing any emotion out there. He has a real competitive fire and that translates to the next level. Plus we had basically no offensive line at the end of the year due to the terrible job we did in strength and conditioning. I don't blame Chase at all for what happened this year.

That Utah State game was brutal. Usually I dont blame the coaches because they arent playing but the play calling by Hal Mumme was just plain horrible. The only times we got completions during the year is when we took deep passes down the middle and we completely went away from that after the first couple of games. For some reason Mumme turned to doing screens and our WR's dont know how to block if their life depended on it. I hate how Mumme always tried establishing the run when we dont know what possitive rushing yards mean. I wouldnt be surprised if it was less than 3 yards a carry. I also hate our stupid 3-3-5 defense. Does the new Defensive Coordinator think we have huge and athletic front group? Then he wonders why defenses run for at least 200 yards a game on us. All he has to do is look at our safety being the leading tackler on the team and that should make you cringe and change your scheme.

princefielder28
12-06-2008, 02:12 PM
That's just mind bottling.

mind bottling?

see mind-boggling

CashmoneyDrew
12-06-2008, 02:14 PM
mind bottling?

see mind-boggling

I was making fun of Starheather. He said that once.

princefielder28
12-06-2008, 02:15 PM
I was making fun of Starheather. He said that once.

makes sense then....sorry for calling you out on that