PDA

View Full Version : Non-Titan sports discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Cashmoney
03-25-2008, 11:28 PM
After tonight's predators game I have decided the Titans need to draft Jordin Tootoo to play MLB. That kid is fearless.

Cashmoney
03-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Apparently UT's secondary is going to be really good this year according to the Tennesseean's article this morning.

TitanHope
04-04-2008, 10:34 PM
The Vols were given a verbal commitment by 5-star SG/SF recruit Scotty Hopson (http://tennessee.scout.com/a.z?s=7&p=8&c=1&nid=2637717). Hopson's recorded from 6-5 to 6-7 heigth range and wieghs around 180-190 lbs, but it seems that his measurables change from article to article. Hopson's a Top 10 talent, and was a McDonald's HS All American. He'll will probably start right away at Chris Lofton's void left at Shooting Guard. Though Hopson isn't as good of a 3-point shooter, he adds more of a rebounding presence and can get to the rim better than Lofton could. He can pass well too it seems, but not a ball-handling Point Guard by any stretch. Seems like the sky's the limit for this cat and his buttloud of potential. I'm guessing he'll be in the mold of a Chris Douglas-Roberts.

Along with Hopson, we have a 4-star Center Philip Jurick, who's 6-11, 255 and will give us a physical post who will grab those rebounds that we could never grab this year. We also have a 4-star Shooting Forward Renaldo Woolridge, who's 6-8, 205 but probably won't see much time over the likes of Tyler Smith, Chism, and Crews. We also have a verbal commit from a 2/3-star Point Guard Daniel West, but I dunno much about his ability. Still, I'll accept any PG who'll come to Rocky Top.

I would have hoped to get a highly rated Point Guard, but landing a talent like Scotty Hopson is awesome. I mean, the dude's name is friggin' Hopson! He'll give us the star-power, and Jurick and Woolridge will give us post presence. If we run J.P. Prince at PG, we could field an entire starting five of 6-6+ height players. Not likely, but cool nevertheless.

Next year's team may be even better than this year's. We'll just miss the clutchness of Lofton and Jajuan.

Cashmoney
04-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Yeah, I'm just worried about the three point shooting ability. Looking down the roster there's not really much of a threat there at all.

TitanHope
04-06-2008, 03:50 PM
But, all we need is one guy to be the 3-point range threat. This year, we had two of those guys in Lofton and JaJuan and they were strict wing guys at that. If they weren't nailing their shots, we'd struggle since we couldn't rebound well. But now that we'll have a greater post presence and two guards who can take it to the rim in Prince and Hopkins, we won't be dependent on hitting 3-pointers. But like I said: If we're down 2 with 3 seconds lefts, who gets the ball? If don't matter if Lofton is 1-8 from the field. He can make the one clutch shot.

Cashmoney
04-06-2008, 07:17 PM
But, all we need is one guy to be the 3-point range threat. This year, we had two of those guys in Lofton and JaJuan and they were strict wing guys at that. If they weren't nailing their shots, we'd struggle since we couldn't rebound well. But now that we'll have a greater post presence and two guards who can take it to the rim in Prince and Hopkins, we won't be dependent on hitting 3-pointers. But like I said: If we're down 2 with 3 seconds lefts, who gets the ball? If don't matter if Lofton is 1-8 from the field. He can make the one clutch shot.

Probably Tyler Smith at this point. If he stays that is.

TitanHope
04-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I think Tyler Smith stays. He led us in almost every statistical category, yet he wasn't even the focal point of our offense. This year, he'll be the 1st post option, and likely the 1st option period for at least the first part of the season. His NBA stock should be better after next season, if my thinking is right.

Cashmoney
04-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Am I correct in understanding that Tyler Smith is 23 years old?

TitanHope
04-10-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm not sure, but I do know that his father passed away from cancer a few months ago. He also transferred from Iowa. So with a tragic death in his family, a transfer, and a possible red-shirt, he could be a 23-year old junior if he missed just a season due to those events. Though, a 24-year old senior isn't rare.

What's the significance of his age?

Cashmoney
04-10-2008, 01:01 AM
I feel like the older he is the more chance of him declaring for the draft there is.

TitanHope
04-11-2008, 03:10 AM
Well, Tyler was born 9/4/84, so I believe he's 23. But, this year's draft class is full of talented big men: Joe Alexander (#12 SF), Ryan Anderson (#6 PF), Chase Budinger (#4 SF), Earl Clark (#17 PF), Donte Green (#8 SF), Richard Hendrix (#11 PF), J.J. Hickson (#23 PF), Brook Lopez (#3 PF), Robin Lopez (#15 C), Trent Plaisted (#7 C), Brandon Rush (#1 SF), Marreese Speights (#10 C), and Robert Vaden (#7 SF)...all according to Rivals.

Now, Rivals has Tyler as the #2 Small Forward in the nation too and there's no doubt that Tyler would be in the upper tier of that previous list, but that list does not include seniors, and it doesn't include players who haven't declared like: Michael Beasley (#1 PF), Hasheem Thabeet (#8 C), Kevin Love (#1 C), Tyler Hansbrough (#2 PF), and Darrell Arthur (#13 PF). I'd say at least two of those guys declare. How many Guards have declared? Three: O.J. Mayo, Eric Gordon, and Jerryd Bayless.

There's major depth at Forward this year among juniors. Factor in seniors and europeans players, and I don't think Smith, a SF who only averaged 13 pts, has proven enough to be a lottery pick. He should stay another year, avg. 18+ pts and 8+ rebounds, and then declare.

...But, note that I do post on a football site, sooo...

Cashmoney
04-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Well, Tyler was born 9/4/84, so I believe he's 23. But, this year's draft class is full of talented big men: Joe Alexander (#12 SF), Ryan Anderson (#6 PF), Chase Budinger (#4 SF), Earl Clark (#17 PF), Donte Green (#8 SF), Richard Hendrix (#11 PF), J.J. Hickson (#23 PF), Brook Lopez (#3 PF), Robin Lopez (#15 C), Trent Plaisted (#7 C), Brandon Rush (#1 SF), Marreese Speights (#10 C), and Robert Vaden (#7 SF)...all according to Rivals.

Now, Rivals has Tyler as the #2 Small Forward in the nation too and there's no doubt that Tyler would be in the upper tier of that previous list, but that list does not include seniors, and it doesn't include players who haven't declared like: Michael Beasley (#1 PF), Hasheem Thabeet (#8 C), Kevin Love (#1 C), Tyler Hansbrough (#2 PF), and Darrell Arthur (#13 PF). I'd say at least two of those guys declare. How many Guards have declared? Three: O.J. Mayo, Eric Gordon, and Jerryd Bayless.

There's major depth at Forward this year among juniors. Factor in seniors and europeans players, and I don't think Smith, a SF who only averaged 13 pts, has proven enough to be a lottery pick. He should stay another year, avg. 18+ pts and 8+ rebounds, and then declare.

...But, note that I do post on a football site, sooo...

Ha, well you obviously know more about the NBA and the NBA draft than I do or you at least did your research, so kudos to you sir. I really do hope he stays and our big men progress some more. We could be really good again next year.

TitanHope
05-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Tyler Smith is staying for his senior season! :)

Also, I wrote this up in the Draft forum. Want to share it with ya'll and get your thoughts/criticisms.

Tennessee Vols '09 NFL Prospects:

DeMonte' Bolden, DT (6'5, 290) - Has all the talent you need, but he's struggled academically. His senior season will be his 2nd full season starting, and 3rd full season seeing significant playing time. The ideal 5-technique for a 3-4 team. I'd say he's a 2nd RD pick now.

Arian Foster, RB (6'1, 215) - Foster is a strong, physical back that can also receive the ball very well. Rushed for 1,193-yds and 12 TD's last season in the SEC, averaging 4.9 YPC. Also had 340-yds receiving and 2 TD's. Averaged 117.9 all-purpose yards. Has started since he was a freshman, has never missed a game, and has the program pedigree. Biggest questions would be ball security and mileage. Probably a 2nd-3rd RD pick.

Ramon Foster, RT/G (6'6, 325) - Started every game last season at RT, but has experience at G and LT too. Excellent size to add with versatility and experience. Broke a finger during warmups before the Vandy game last season, and played through it. First full season starting was last year, and was part of an OL unit that led the country is least sacks allowed, blocked for a 3,000-yd passer, and 1,000-yd rusher. Program pedigree works for him too. OL are hard to project, but I'd say 3rd-4th RD.

DeAngelo Willingham, CB/S (6'0, 200) - 5-star JUCO transfer who started 8 games last season. Has all the physical tools to play the position, and could even play FS. Good in run-support, but gave up the deep ball a few times. Should be much better this season, and is apparently having the best spring of any player. Could shoot up draft boards by adding a productive season to good workout numbers (runs a 4.4 40 in combo. with ideal size). Could be a 2nd-3rd RD pick.

Anthony Parker, LG (6'3, 300) - '07 3rd Team All-American (Rivals), and 1st Team All-SEC (Coaches, AP, Rivals). Started all 14 games last season at LG, and all 12 game in '06 at RG. Was part of an OL unit that led the country is least sacks allowed, blocked for a 3,000-yd passer, and 1,000-yd rusher. Program pedigree works for him too. Great pass-blocker who may best project to LG. Another OL prospect out of UT. Again, hard to project, but probably a 4th-5th RD pick.

Robert Ayers, DE (6'3, 270) - Ayers may improve his stock the most out of all the UT players. He didn't start a game last season, but still tallied 34 TOT's, 12 TFL, and 4 sacks. Has great athletisicm, and could play 3-4 OLB pending his triangle numbers. Has been "unblockable" this spring, and will be the starter at DE opposite Ben Martin/Wes Brown. Could have a great year with the talented secondary helping him. He could be a 3rd RD'er or UDFA. I can't really say.

*Rico McCoy, WLB (6'1, 221) - The next great Volunteer LB. Played alongside Jerod Mayo last season in his 1st season as a starter, and still put up enough numbers to out-produce Keith Rivers (106 TOT, 1 sack, 4.5 TFL, 1 FF, 5 PD, 1 INT, game high 14 TOT). Led or tied for team lead in TOT's in 6 of 13 games last season. Outstanding athleticism. He should have another outstanding year, and would probably come out early like Mayo. Still needs to bulk up, but if he can put on 15 lbs., he's a late-1st RD pick.

*Demetrice Morely, FS (6'2, 195) - Missed entire '07 season due to academics, but has returned for his junior year after using redshirt. 5-star recruit out of HS who earned 2nd Team Freshman All-American (Rivals) and 1st Team Freshman All-SEC (Sporting News) honors. Teams up with Eric Berry to provide one of the most talented S tandems in football. Has taken on a leadership role this spring, and his athletic ability is unquestioned. As a sophomore in '06, he tallied 51 TOT's (44 solo), 1 sack, 7 TFL, 8 PD, and 2 INT's. He has the ability, but probably should stay for his senior year. If he declares, he has the ability to be a 1st Day pick in the likely talented '09 Safety class.

*Chris Scott, LT (6'5, 310) - Started 8 games at RG last season, and 6 games at LT. It was his first year starting. Has shown that he can play any position on the offensive line. Again, was the Left Tackle of a unit that allowed only 4 sacks last season season, and blocked for a 3,000-yd passer and 1,000-yd rusher. Program pedigree. Has ideal size and athleticism for the LT position. But, with next year's OT class, he should probably stay for his senior season and become one of the best LT prospects in '10. If he does declare, he could go 1st Day despite talented OT class.

That's all I got for now, and allow room for error on the Round projections as I'm not yet familiar with all the other '09 prospects.

CashmoneyDrew
05-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Ramar Smith and Duke Crews were kicked off the UT basketball team this weekend. There goes even more depth for us. We probably went from being one of the deepest teams in the nation this year to being pretty thin this coming year.

CashmoneyDrew
05-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Apparently we (UT) got the top JC PG in the nation to commit. Big for us especially after Ramar Smith getting kicked off.

TitanHope
05-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Hmmm, dismissing Ramar and then getting the JC PG's commit only days after is concerning. No doubt the new PG committed when he learned of Ramar's dismissal, and thus a hole at PG and open scholarship.

I heard Ramar was upset at the recruitment of a freshman PG in Daniel West, so he could have asked to be dismissed. But still...

More likely that Ramar wanted to be dismissed, and Coach Pearl kept the JC PG informed and learned he'd commit if the scholly came open.

CashmoneyDrew
05-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Yea I thought it was kind of suspicious at first too, but Duke Crews getting released at the same time as ramar smith makes it just an odd coincidence IMO.

TitanHope
05-11-2008, 08:51 PM
True. Pearl bent over backwards for Crews too. Plus, if word got around that Pearl sweeps the rug out from under players in favor or better recruits, then he'd be done at the collegiate level for quite some time.

Just my overactive mind I guess, but I know I wasn't alone in that thinking. Just one of those shady coincidences, as you said.

TitanHope
07-17-2008, 07:15 PM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008/jul/17/tennessee-vols-getting-strong-and-shape-fall/?sports

A really exciting read that was posted on VolQuest. Gets a guy excited for college football. Some key quotes:

Former Baylor School star Jacques McClendon has been ordered to cut back after bench-pressing 645 pounds earlier this summer, according to Vols strength and conditioning coach Johnny Long.

“That’s hard to roll,” Long said. “If that’s on the ground, it’s hard to push.”

To the utter astonishment of his coaches and teammates, McClendon easily smashed Albert Toeina’s old record of 575 pounds. Vladimir Richard, UT’s other budding offensive guard star, also cleared 600 on the bench.

No Vols have exceeded McClendon’s jaw-dropping bench mark — or his 730-pound back squat — but several have surpassed program position records. Senior Demonte Bolden from Tyner Academy set a new defensive line mark with his 565-pound bench press, while sophomore tight end Luke Stocker (565) and walk-on sophomore linebacker Nick Reveiz (640) set new squat marks at their positions.

Sophomore All-American kicker Daniel Lincoln breezed past the program’s records with his 370-pound bench press, 405-pound squat and 275-pound power clean.

“We’ve got the buffest kicker in America, no doubt,” sophomore defensive end Chris Walker said through fits of laughter.

Long praised several Vols for what he called a “great offseason” to this point. He said sophomore All-American safety Eric Berry has added 15 pounds of “lean muscle mass,” now tipping the scales at 210 pounds. He also singled out Ayers, Stocker, Bolden, Richard, junior offensive tackle Chris Scott and senior linebacker Adam Myers-White. He said redshirt freshman defensive tackle Donald Langley was probably the team’s most improved lifter.

“But I could sit here all day and throw out a bunch of names,” Long said. “The guys have worked hard.”

Also, to comprehend the lifting numbers by McClendon and Richardson...

For reference: McClendon's (supposed) lift would take over the 15th spot on the all time unassisted bench press list, right behind Vladimir Kravtsov of Russia, 2001. Vlad would also make the "600-club," which contains 43 names, worldwide, as far as I can tell.

Maybe we do have competitors for powerlifting world records on our football team, maybe we don't.

As for Berry gaining muscle mass...if the dude retained his speed and acceleration, then we're gonna see a lot of players take the Tyler Donovan punishment like we saw in last year's Outback Bowl.

Titans10
07-18-2008, 03:47 PM
WOW!!!! The Vols are going to punish some people this year!!

TitanHope
07-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Yep! Great to hear about the strides that Demonte Bolden is making. Think about all of the great DT's we've had - from Reggie White to Big John and Fat Al - and Bolden just outlifted all of 'em!

Maybe he'll finally live up to his potential. I know I'm rootin' for him.

TitanHope
07-31-2008, 11:25 AM
Ben Martin is running with the DB's at 250-lbs. His ability alone will reserve him a spot in the first 3 RD's of the Draft as a 3-4 OLB.

I wish the Vols would run a 3-4 DEF.

LDE: DeMonte Bolden
NT: Dan Williams
RDE: Robert Ayers
SLB: Ben Martin
ILB: Ellix Wilson
ILB: Chris Donald (Not really, but a guy can hope!)
WLB: Rico McCoy

With our secondary, we could blitz all day....silly Chavis...

CashmoneyDrew
07-31-2008, 09:44 PM
Let's just hope they aren't losing any speed and agility with all this weight-lifting and also focusing on other areas as well. Bench pressing only does so much....

TitanHope
09-02-2008, 03:42 AM
VolNation is in full blown panic. It's pathetic. I hope you guys aren't drinking the cyanide-laced Koolaid either. Tonight sucked, but I'll wait until after the first game to decide whether Fulmer deserves to be fired after a spectacular '07 season or if tonight's game was just a bad showing.

CashmoneyDrew
09-02-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm one of those people indeed.... :(

smittyjs
09-02-2008, 02:53 PM
I don't why every season vol fan jump ship, Fat phill as done well with the team and this year team is just not that good, defense is good, but on offense its weak all around only good thing about the offense is the RB's, but was not surprise by the lost last night, always make me smile alittle when i see them lose, sorry i just can't help myself guys.

CashmoneyDrew
09-02-2008, 04:02 PM
The offense should not be as weak as it was made to look last night. We have a great group of playmaking WR's with experience, a balanced crew of RB's that can do a bunch of different things for us, and a veteran offensive line group. The only weakness is at QB. Crompton has the talent but needs to be brought on slowly. The offensive gameplan last night was atrocious and didn't use our strengths on offense enough.

TitanHope
09-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Spoken like a true Vandy fan, Smitty. ;) I try to root for Vandy whenever I see them play. It kinds feels like rooting for your kid brother! :D

As for the Vols, I really do think this was a fluke. One quote by Fulmer that keeps ringing in my ears is, "A lot of questions will be answered in our first game." The convenience of that is that this game does not matter. It had no bearing on the SEC, and that's what we care about. We weren't going undefeated, so losing to UCLA only affects us in that aspect. There's still the SEC and Florida, which is still 3 weeks away. We can correct flaws that we found against UCLA in that time. Like appropriate and unpredictable playcalling for Clawson, which was a great learning experience for him, and how much pressure Crompton can handle. If the zone that Chavis uses so stubbornly is shredded by friggin Kevin Kraft, then Tebow will rape it. Our DB's are too good to play zone. I think Ellix Wilson was in coverage too much, even though blitzing is his specialty. The OL played poorly too.

There wer some flaws in playcalling, and we were definitely outcoached. But, our team was in position to win twice at the end of the game, and we allowed Kraft to pass to his TE multiple times in a TD drive and Lincoln misses a very makeable FG. I think it's 65 on the players, 35 on the coaches.

But hey, look at the bright side. At least we're not Clemson or Virginia Tech...

CashmoneyDrew
09-04-2008, 05:45 PM
I think there's a really good chance of us starting 1-3.... and finishing 6-6.

TitanHope
09-04-2008, 06:04 PM
SEC games are a whole nother beast, my friend. Rival teams who play each other yearly will have a closer game than two teams who are meeting each other for the first time in a while. I'd be surprised if we win less then 8 games this year. One sucky game, let alone the very first game under a new QB and offensive scheme, doesn't make us a bad team.

My math teacher always told me I over-thought things. It's not that I didn't understand, but because I would try to go beyond the initial problem. I think that's what Vols fans are doing. We're just too smart for our own good really...

CashmoneyDrew
09-04-2008, 06:52 PM
We're just too smart for our own good really...

It is our only downfall....

smittyjs
09-04-2008, 11:37 PM
yeaaahhhhhh :)

CashmoneyDrew
09-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Vandy ranked after this weekend?

TitanHope
09-05-2008, 05:39 PM
So much for South Carolina being the SEC sleeper... :D

smittyjs
09-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Vandy ranked after this weekend?
I really don't think, but it would be pretty cool.

TitanHope
09-20-2008, 06:05 PM
I need a hug...

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Come here buddy...

Titans10
09-22-2008, 01:50 PM
How 'bout them 'Dores!!!!!! #21 in the nation and have Auburn at home on ESPN after their bye week!!

Good year so far for my football teams
Vandy 4-0
Titans 3-0
Broncos 3-0 and Cutler is shredding defenses!!!

CashmoneyDrew
09-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah well, the vols are doing their best to even out the joy I get from the Titans. At least my second favorite NFL team is doing well, and MTSU has had it's moments.

CashmoneyDrew
09-27-2008, 05:45 PM
If this game doesn't open the coaching staffs eyes about how horrible Crompton really is, then I don't know what to think. Our offense just really has no chance with him at QB.

Pit Bull #53
09-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Vince Young laughs at Jon Crompton's passing ability

CashmoneyDrew
09-27-2008, 06:46 PM
I seriously think I could step on the field and do better than Crompton. I'm quarterbacking an intramural game on monday so I'll get back to you guys with my stats. :)

TitanHope
09-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Vince Young laughs at Jon Crompton's passing ability

Ahahahahahaha! Ya gotta wonder what Peyton was thinking while on the sideline.

Edit: No Josh Nunes for Heismanz!!!

CashmoneyDrew
10-25-2008, 11:18 PM
God the offense is sucking so hard this year. Something about Clawsons offense has made the offensive line go from one of the best to pretty bad. We can't run the ball, they're getting called for a lot of penalties. We move backwards when we get in opponents territory. The WR's seem to have regressed as well. The defensive talent is being wasted because they have to stay on the field for far too long. They just fade towards the end because they're so tired. Special teams has been atrocious as well. How can a team with the funds that Tennessee has not have a special teams coordinator when it's been a bugaboo for so long now? Ughhh, I'm so frustrated. I feel bad for Eric Berry. I wish he could be playing for a contender.

TitanHope
10-26-2008, 02:42 AM
Well, the current guys on the OL weren't recruited to play in Clawson's spread offense. That's part of the reason why so many plays get blown up or fail horribly. Second part is QB play. Cutcliffe made Ainge get rid of the ball hella' quick, so that's why the OL only gave up 4 sacks. Plus, Ainge was a senior QB with very good accuracy, and may have been a bit under-valued by Vols fans when compared to guys like Stafford and Tebow. Crompton busted harshly, and though Stevens has been an upgrade, he's not the ideal fit.

Plus, how many offensive coaches left when Cutcliffe went to Duke? I miss Trooper Taylor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Tee Martin is right! We have to decide what we want to do. Clawson won't able to show what kind of OC he can be until he gets his recruits. But, UT has such a high standard that patience may run out before he has that chance. We can either commit to Clawson until the turn around for the offense comes, or we can overhaul the coaching staff.

As for me, I prefer to commit to Clawson. Look, we are having a great recruiting class so far this season - despite having our worst season since '05! Fulmer, Clawson, and Co. have landed verbal commit from touted skill position players in 4* WR Je'Ron Stokes, #1 All-Purpose RB David Oku(4*), #2 All-Purpose RB Jarvis Giles(4*), and speedy ATH Damien Thigpen(4*). Stokes is a good WR, which is welcome to matter what, but Oku and Giles are perfect for the spread. Four OL's have given verbals too. And to think, Oku commited even though Giles had committed and the Vols were losing? Someone's telling the recruits something they want to hear.

The offensive turn around will come very soon. Michigan is going through this same problem goin from Carr to Rodriguez. This is what our possible future skill position depth chart could look like:

QB: ?
RB: David Oku (4*)
RB: Jarvis Giles (4*)
WR: Gerald Jones (4*)
WR: Denarius Moore (3*)
WR: Je'Ron Stokes (4*)
WR: Ahmad Paige (4*)
TE: Branden Warren (5*)

Alas, the all crucial QB position is a question mark! But fear not, for we are in luck with dual-threat QB recruits! Rivals #3 Dual-Threat QB Tahj Boyd (4*; 6'1, 208, 4.7 40, 4.4 shuttle, 24-in vertical) and #4 Dual-Threat QB Kevin Newsome (4*; 6'3, 217, 4.57 40) have the Vols in their list of schools. Boyd has us in his list of 9 schools, and Newsome has only 4 listed schools: Boston College, Penn St., Tennessee, and Virginia Tech. Plus, both players are in Virginia, with Newsome at Hargrave Military Academy, a recent recruiting pipeline for the Vols. The Vols already have a history of recruiting well in Virginia, especially with the Hargrave connections, but Dave Clawson has a history there by being Richmond's former HC. So, I am pretty hopeful of getting one of these two guys. Forget Josh Nunes!

Clawson still has work to do on his play-calling, but with the personnel he has, his play-calling is probably kinda limited. Growing pains are what we're goin through now, and that's fine - we weren't going to win a National Championship this year. One losing season won't discredit our national image. We're still the University of Tennessee, and we can suck ass on offense and still bring in highly touted skill players! Slow and steady wins the race, and if we want to return to being a team in the national scene year in and year out, we gotta show patience.

Urban Meyer came in and landed Tebow and Harvin right off the bat. Clawson came and inherited Crompton and Foster...

CashmoneyDrew
10-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Do you post on VolNation? I don't. Just wondering if you do.

TitanHope
10-27-2008, 01:14 AM
I do my best just to browse forums like VolNation and TitansCentral, but I do post occassionally.

On those forums, there's really only fellow fans to talk to, unlike on DraftCountdown where all 32 teams are represented. We have to defend our team here from criticism by other fans, so I think that kinda has built up a fondness of players who are targets of slights, jokes, or whatever, like LenDale and Vince. We have to look at their positives instead of their negatives in order to defend them. We don't have the time to say we rock, rah, rah, rah! They do, so when they don't rock, it's someone else's fault because everyone is in the concensus that they in fact should rock.

When I go to TitansCentral, I can find threads started by Titans fans whose sole purpose is to try to convince others why a certain player is bad by listing all of the negatives about the player. The only time they have to defend the team is when a troll comes in. Because of that, it's only natural to look at the downsides of things, but it's still ridiculous - especially when the team is winning.

The same goes on at VolNation. The only forum there I enjoy is the Recruiting Forum, because there's actually positivity there (Well, aside when some downer comes in and says, "Well, USC or Ohio St. will prolly get him cuz they're contendors.") Other than that, it's just an entire fandom simultaneously *****ing. Look at the top threads on the Vols Forum: "Fulmer is GONE," "Put Crompton Back In," "My TN coaching staff replacements." There are still players to root for, but there's not one, "Eric Berry for Thorpe Award!" thread or anything. Just the same ole same old complaining about problems, and no one pointing out the positive or pointing out solutions besides firing the entire coaching staff.

I try to just hang around these parts. I think the group of Titans fans here have more logic, reasoning, and ideas than some entire boards around the internet. I get along with ya'll guys better. I get into too many fights on the other ones.^^

CashmoneyDrew
10-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Hahaha. Yeah. I've only browsed Volnation a couple of times, but I see exactly what you're talking about.

TitanHope
11-01-2008, 01:57 AM
Anyway, what are your thoughts on the Fulmer situation, VDM? I respect your opinion.

CashmoneyDrew
11-01-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm actually pretty torn. I want to give him another shot, but at the same time I don't.
I really like Fulmer as a person. He's done a lot of good things for the University and for people in general. He usually brings in excellent recruiting classes, and the players really seem to like him.
At the same time, I feel like Tennessee has become less competitive with the nations top teams lately. I also feel like sometimes he's a push over when it comes to discipline. One of the major things that has always annoyed me though is the tendency to let special teams slip. I couldn't even tell you the last time Tennessee has returned a kickoff for a TD. They're punt coverages always seem to get them burned as well.
I feel like if the AD chooses to go in a new direction after this season, I'm OK with that, but I think with the money that they're going to have to pay him either way, I'm also OK with them keeping him at least one more year. I think he's earned the right to go out with his head held high instead of being forced out. If he does return, I would like for the AD or somebody close to him to push for a special teams coach hire so that that part of the game will quit biting them in the butt.
One more thing. If we do go with a new coach for whatever reason, I think we should hire new young blood that's not necessarily tied to the program. A guy like Chris Petersen from Boise St. really intrigues me.

TitanHope
11-03-2008, 02:13 AM
Chris Peterson would be interesting. But, with the success of like programs such as BYU and Utah, it's hard to gauge whether his success is relatively over-rated. I would prefer him over BYU's Bronco Mendenhall due to Peterson's prolonged success.

In recruiting news, Tahj Boyd, 4* Dual-Threat QB, has commited to the Vols! (http://tennessee.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=870782&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=)

Tennessee currently has the nation's 6th best recruiting class. LSU is the only SEC team better at #4. Bama is #7. Georgia is #8. Auburn #10. Arkansas #13. South Carolina #15. Florida #20. Miss. State #21.

CashmoneyDrew
11-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Fulmer is officially announcing today that he will step down as head coach after this season. I have a feeling that recruiting class is going to fall apart.

TitanHope
11-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Recent recruits like David Oku and Tahj Boyd will likely stay comitted, as they made their decision keeping the chance that Fulmer would not be there in mind.

Though, recruits like Jarvis Giles and guys who comitted early will look at other schools and switch if they feel it's in their best interest.

Bottom line is that they need to get their new guy quickly. They can't wait until two weeks before recruiting ends to bring in a guy like they did with Clawson last year.

And the thing is that guys at other programs like Chris Peterson will not want to show interest in the UT job because they have current ranked teams to attend to and won't want to give his the players the feeling that he'll ditch them for a better job. So we'll have to wait til season's end to make that kind of hire official, and recruits will have made their minds up by then.

My candidate is Will Muschamp. He's coaching at Texas, but he's not the HC or even a coordinator. We can bring him in earlier than a head coach from another school. He's a SEC guy who's coached in the conference and knows these offenses and how to stop them. Saban was a defensive mind, and he's done wonders for Alabama. And Titans fans can appreciate a great defense over a great offense. Plus, UT's AD Mike Hamilton took a fiery personality like Bruce Pearl to coach basketball. I don't think Muchamp jumping around on the sidelines will turn him off, and that type of personality will draw recruits in.

CashmoneyDrew
11-08-2008, 03:00 PM
So.... the Vols got beat at homecoming by Wyoming today. Now there will be no bowl game. I didn't get to see the game but for them to lose 13-7 to Wyoming is just pitiful. Looking over the box score just makes my eyes want to bleed. Hopefully they just suck and didn't completely give up on the season.

TitanHope
11-08-2008, 10:26 PM
I didn't even know Wyoming had a football team...

After all, no one remembers that Wyoming's a state except for people who live in Wyoming. You remember when you were in school and labeling a map of the U.S. by memory for Geography class? And there was always like that one state that you're like, "Oh, that's Montana!," but then realize you have Montana labeled? Yeah, that state is Wyoming dude.

CashmoneyDrew
11-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Well, well, well. A UT win today. Eric Berry is still a baller, and our QB situation is still in a shambles, but we still find a way to win. Too bad they couldn't beat Wyoming or they'd still be in bowl contention.

TitanHope
11-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Eric Berry, Malcolm Jenkins, and Taylor Mays are the finalists for the Thorpe Award.

Hope Berry isn't passed over just because he's the underclassmen of the bunch.

CashmoneyDrew
11-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Eric Berry>Malcolm Jenkins>Taylor Mays

That should be the final order.

CashmoneyDrew
11-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Lane Kiffin is the new head coach at Tennessee. Apparently Monty Kiffin and Ed Orgeron are coming with him on the staff.

Hawk
11-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Lane Kiffin is the new head coach at Tennessee. Apparently Monty Kiffin and Ed Orgeron are coming with him on the staff.

That would be a pretty stout coaching staff with the three of them. Lane calling the offense, Monte and Ed Oregeron controlling the defense.

TitanHope
11-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Hard to see Kiffin leave the Pros for NCAA, even with the prospect of coaching with his son. But, it could happen, and UT could pay just as much, if not more, than the Pro teams do.

Ed Ogeron is a tremendous recruiter. Maybe we can finally land some big time DL's with him as DC/DL coach, and hopefully he can use Ben Martin and Dan Williams to their potential.

Nevertheless, Chavis is a damn good DC, and has the Vols DEF ranked in the Top 10 in the NCAA, if I'm not mistaken.

CashmoneyDrew
11-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Nevertheless, Chavis is a damn good DC, and has the Vols DEF ranked in the Top 10 in the NCAA, if I'm not mistaken.

The announcer just said we are #6 in the nation in total defense. Just think how good they could've been with some semblance of an offense to keep them off the field.

CashmoneyDrew
11-29-2008, 11:23 PM
What team kidnapped the Vols offense and played instead tonight?

TitanHope
11-30-2008, 12:25 AM
I dunno man, but it sure feels right to send Fulmer out with a win!

CashmoneyDrew
11-30-2008, 12:55 AM
I dunno man, but it sure feels right to send Fulmer out with a win!

Yeah, I was very happy for Fulmer. I also liked how the players seemed really happy for him too. But hey, I wouldn't care if I got fired from my job if it meant I could be interviewed by Erin Andrews that much. :D

TitanHope
12-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Ah, Erin... <3

Oh, and did anyone catch the Kiffin interview on the ESPN CFB show? He said he was on the phone recruiting last night, and that after the interview he'd be on a plane to Memphis to watch a basketball game.

Gotta think he was referring to 5* WR Marlon Brown who's a two-sport star in football and basketball. Word is that Brown very much wants to play both in college.

CashmoneyDrew
12-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Ah, Erin... <3

Oh, and did anyone catch the Kiffin interview on the ESPN CFB show? He said he was on the phone recruiting last night, and that after the interview he'd be on a plane to Memphis to watch a basketball game.

Gotta think he was referring to 5* WR Marlon Brown who's a two-sport star in football and basketball. Word is that Brown very much wants to play both in college.

Definitely. He's getting started on building that "fence around Tennessee" that he was talking about in his presser.

TitanHope
12-02-2008, 07:57 AM
I missed the presser, unfortunately. Hoping to catch it on YouTube when someone gets it up.

But, I did see part of it on ESPN where Kiff ripped Al Davis, lol! Priceless!

aNYtitan
12-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Alright since I don't live in the Music City I don't really know what the opinions are but would like to know. What do you guys think about the Vols signing of Lane Kiffin? Good move? Bad move? If he brings his pops to run the defense?

CashmoneyDrew
12-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Alright since I don't live in the Music City I don't really know what the opinions are but would like to know. What do you guys think about the Vols signing of Lane Kiffin? Good move? Bad move? If he brings his pops to run the defense?

I'm iffy. I know his recruiting abilities are top notch and so is the staff that he's putting together. I only question his gameday coaching abilities, but I will give him his fair shot before I judge him on that. I also question whether or not he's here for the long haul. I kinda think this is more of a stepping stone in his journey as opposed to where he wants to be long-term like Fulmer did. Most people around here seem to like the hire.

TitanHope
12-03-2008, 08:57 PM
It's a popular pick here in Chattanooga too.

I reflect VDM's caution about Kiffin's long-term desires. He's young, and from what I gather, ambitious. He's not an alumnus, so there's no sentimental attachment. If he has the success like Nick Saban has at Bama, will he return to the NFL? He was fired by Al Davis, and didn't leave voluntarily like Saban and Petrino did. Though, that type of experience may have given him perspective, and he may have decided that college is best for him. Especially now that he's making more money than he did at Oakland. Even if he does leave after a couple of seasons, at least he'll have recruited top talent for his replacement.

Kiffin was my 2nd choice. My rank went Will Muschamp, Kiffin, and then Mike Leach. I think he has good character, is a great recruiter, and will be surrounded by an amazing coaching staff. He'll be fine.

The real question is - Will he be an improvement over Fulmer?

TitanHope
12-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Poor Eric... He deserved that award.

CashmoneyDrew
12-12-2008, 12:25 AM
The fact that Mauluga won best defensive player proves the awards are a joke. Eric Berry was unfairly penalized for the rest of his teams play.

TitanHope
12-12-2008, 08:21 PM
The Vols ranked 4th in the nation in total defense, so it's not like he was an amazing player on a horrendous DEF. He was the leader of one of the best defenses in the nation.

On the other hand, these awards are highly advantageous towards upperclassmen. As a sophomore, Berry was at a big disadvantage going up against Jenkins who's been a stalwart on OSU's DEF for four years.

TitanHope
12-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Goin to the Vandy/Boston College bowl game in Nashville today! Whoo! It may not be a Titans game, but it'll feel good to be in LP Coliseum!

CashmoneyDrew
12-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Nice. I need BC to win for my bowl pick 'em so you know who I'll be rooting for! ;)

TitanHope
12-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Lol, I have a feelin' you may have a safe pick there. Oh, and if you guys hear a lot of screaming for DJ Moore, that's me so don't talk bad about me, mkay? :D

CashmoneyDrew
12-31-2008, 11:47 AM
As long as you convince him to tell every team not named the Titans to pass on him during the draft.

CashmoneyDrew
12-31-2008, 07:45 PM
How was it TH? Did you hear D.J. Moore declared in a post-game interview with ESPN? Boston College may have screwed me out of some money.

TitanHope
01-01-2009, 07:48 AM
DJisaGOD!

I heard rumors of that as I was leaving the stadium, but no one knew if it was true or not. Stoked to learn that it's true! I thought he had an excellent game. Which brings me to...

I nearly had a ******* heart attack when he injured his ankle on that INT play. It was an unbelievable play though! DJ was in a deep zone and the BC receiver ran a slant route. So the receiver was in front of him, and I thought he was gonna be out of position. The BC QB passed to the receiver, and all of the sudden DJ was on him, deflected the ball towards one of his teammates, and the ball was INT. It was crazy! The Vandy fans went crazy, but I kinda just sat and clapped after seeing a good play. But, I was the first and maybe only one who was paying attention to the players leaving the field, and I saw DJ hoping on one leg to the sideline. So while all the Vandy fans were celebrating and high-fiving each other, I was the one guy screaming, "DEEEEE JAYYYYYzzz!!! NoesZZzZz!!!"

Needless to say, I was hella relieved to see DJ come back into the game for a few more plays, but he was eventually taken out around the mid-3rd QTR. Boy is this kid good. He's not a Titans CB though, but that isn't necessarily a knock on him. I'm just saying he's not a Finnegan, Harper, or a King and possesses that physicality that those guys have. But, PacMan wasn't that kind of CB either, and that's who DJ reminds me of. Not the most physical guy, but is lockdown in coverage and will come up and make the tackle when he needs to. DJ is a better tackler than PacMan too. We all know how good PacMan would have been if he wasn't a headcase, and if DJ is that caliber of player in the NFL, then we'd have a stud.

The game itself was a lot of fun. BJ Raji really impressed, and though I've heard a lot of this Herzlich LB from BC, he was invisible for most of the game - at least until he was called for two consecutive personal fouls that put Vandy in position to kick their GW field goal.

But God was it cold...

CashmoneyDrew
01-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Tennessee basketball is in for a loooong season.

TitanHope
01-14-2009, 05:25 PM
The team isn't having the same success as last season, but hopefully taking their lumps early will pay off later.

Also, I have news of the awesomeness variety!

Lane Kiffin and wife give birth to baby boy, named Monte Knox Kiffin! (http://govolsxtra.com/news/2009/jan/13/kiffins-have-baby-boy-knox/?partner=RSS)

TitanHope
01-15-2009, 09:43 PM
UT hires Alabama linebackers coach Thompson
By Drew Edwards (Contact)
Originally published 01:48 p.m., January 15, 2009
Updated 04:27 p.m., January 15, 2009

Tennessee added another high-profile recruiter to its staff on Thursday, a source close to the situation confirmed.

Alabama outside linebackers coach Lance Thompson is expected to join UT coach Lane Kiffin's staff, perhaps as linebackers coach.

Thompson, 43, was named Rivals.com's recruiter of the year in 2008 for his efforts in helping the Crimson Tide land the recruiting Website's No. 1-rated class last year.

Thompson recruited primarily in South Alabama and helped the Tide land wide receiver Julio Jones, the SEC's freshman of the year in 2008.

According to Rivals, Thompson recruited 10 of Alabama's 32 signees last year.

"I appreciate this recognition from Rivals, but it should really go to our entire staff and to the University of Alabama," Thompson said at the time through Alabama's media relations office.

UT's plane spent part of Thursday in Tuscaloosa, Ala., and returned to Knoxville early Thursday afternoon.

The Vols have room for at least two more coaches, depending on the status of running backs coach Stan Drayton, the only remaining member of last year's staff.

Thompson has been at Alabama since January 2007, although the Georgia native also coached the defensive line there from 1999-2000.

He was a member of Nick Saban's LSU staff in 2002 and 2003, serving as the Tigers' assistant head coach in charge of recruiting for one year before becoming defensive coordinator at UCF from 2004-06.

Thompson's longest stay was at Georgia Tech, where he was a graduate assistant from 1988-89, a volunteer assistant from 1990-91 and director of football of football operations from 1992-94 before becoming an on-field assistant in 1995.

All told, The Citadel graduate spent 11 years on the staff at Georgia Tech.

2008 Recruiter of the year, and has brought in a couple of 5-star recruits for Bama this year. Certainly an excellent hire by Kiffin!

CashmoneyDrew
01-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Yeah, next years draft class should be sick.

TitanHope
01-16-2009, 06:28 AM
I'm calling it right now. Next season, we're gonna have the #1 recruiting class in the SEC. Every coach that's been brought in, aside from Monte Kiffin, is an elite coordinator. Lane Kiffin, Ed Ogeron, the Purdue dude, Lance Thompson, and Reeves from South Carolina was one of their top recruiters. I think only the OL coach Kregg that Kiffin brought from Oakland isn't a great recruiter. Heck, I think we're the only school that currently has 2 Recruiter of the Year's.

I admit, I thought Fulmer didn't deserve to be fired. But, I'm STOKED about the future now!

CashmoneyDrew
01-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Damn, I said next years draft class meaning recruiting class. I'm an idiot!

TitanHope
02-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Here's my current Vols depth chart:

QB: Coleman, Crompton, Stephens
RB: Hardesty, Creer, Poole/Freshman
WR1: Gerald Jones, Quintin Hancock/Ahmad Paige
WR2: Denarius Moore, James Green
Slot: Marsalis Teague, Nuke Richardson
TE: Branden Warren, Jeff Cottam/Luke Stocker, Aaron Douglas
LT: Chris Scott, JerQuari Schofield
LG: Vlad Richardson, Cody Sullins
C: Josh McNeil, Cody Pope
RG: Jacques McClendon, Preston Bailey
RT: Darius Myers, Jarrod Shaw

RE: Ben Martin, Chris Walker
NT: Dan Williams, Donald Langley
UT: Andre Mathis, Chase Nelson
LE: Wes Brown, Gerald Williams
WLB: Rico McCoy, Savion Frazier
MLB: Chris Donald, Rod Wilks
SLB: Jerod Askew, LaMarcus Thompson
CB1: Dennis Rogan, Marsalous Johnson
CB2: Brent Vinson, Art Evans/CJ Fleming
NB: Janzen Jackson, Eric Gordon
FS: Demetrice Morely, Nyshier Oliver
SS: Eric Berry, Darren Myles

This is the rough draft, but spring will give us a clearer idea on who'll likely start and who won't. Especially curious to see which freshman redshirt and which don't. Personally, I love Jerod Askew and think he can start at SLB day one. I hope Chris Donald can work his way into the starting MLB role, or at least get playing time this season. I wonder how the OL fits Kiffin's scheme. Vlad Richards should take over LG easily, but RT is up for the best man to take. Janzen Jackson is a huge get for us, and I wouldn't be surprised if he takes over Vinson's starting CB spot.

CashmoneyDrew
02-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Looks like a pretty solid depth chart. The only thing that might change is at TE. I think Kiffin might tinker with moving Brandon Warren to WR. I've also heard slight rumbling of Aaron Douglas being moved to OT but that just might be someone starting a false rumor.

TitanHope
02-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks ya kindly!

I've heard the rumor about Douglas moving to OT too, but I've also heard one about him moving to DE. *shrug* I have no clue what Kiffin will decide to do, but thankfully TE recruits can transfer to many different positions easily.

As for Warren, I've heard about him moving to WR, moving to DE, or bulking up and staying at TE. I gots no clue, but I left him at TE for convenience sake - even if he's a slot receiver or something.

CashmoneyDrew
02-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Just when the men's basketball team looks like they are starting to get it together, they go and lose to Auburn....

ugh.

TitanHope
02-07-2009, 09:03 PM
They're a big ******* tease is what they is! Grrrrrrr!!!

TitanHope
02-12-2009, 03:34 PM
This is a hilarious read guys - Kiffin's apology to Urban Meyer. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/122259-breaking-news-lane-kiffins-letter-of-apology-to-urban-meyer-leaked)

But that's not all, Urbie. I’m coming into your backyard. I’m going after your recruits, and I swear to Pete Carroll that if we are bombing you by 40 and I have all of my timeouts with less than a minute left, I will call all three timeouts while Ed Orgeron power-bombs Albert the Gator and the entire team gets Kiffy with it in the end zone. I have never been more serious about anything in my life.

Anyways, I've got to run. Got a study session on SEC rules and regulations. Nu'Keese and Marsalis send their best.

:D

In NBA news, apparently the Grizzlies were wanting to trade for Amare Stoudemire (sp?). The Suns wanted Rudy *** (I love Ruday, but Amare is worth it), Hakim Warrick (Has exploded this season, so him an Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Ruday(!) would be rough), and Mike Conley Jr. (Oh hell to the naw). Basically trade the future of the franchise aside from OJ Mayo for one player. Amare is a beast, but I'm glad they passed.

CashmoneyDrew
02-13-2009, 03:06 AM
I haven't been following the Grizzlies. How are they dealing having Conley and Mayo at the same time?

TitanHope
02-13-2009, 01:14 PM
They're managing well for a freakishly young team. They've been playing Conley at PG, Mayo at SG, and Rudy Goulet at SF. Conley actually just earned the starting spot away from Kyle Lowry, so if we did deal Conley, it wouldn't be a big deal.

CashmoneyDrew
02-15-2009, 02:01 PM
TH! I created a profile over at VN finally. I'd been lurking there for a while. I saw one of your posts and figured I should just go ahead and sign up.

TitanHope
02-17-2009, 01:48 AM
Righteous! Righteous!

Same name? What post of mine did ya find, lol?

CashmoneyDrew
02-17-2009, 01:57 AM
Yeah. Same name and avy and sig. I saw you in the NFL potential thread in the recruiting section mixing it up so I figured I'd join as well. Hawk is a member over there as well. Don't know his handle though. We could start a DraftCountdown revolution!

TitanHope
02-17-2009, 02:01 AM
DC Revolution FTW!

Lol, I remember that thread! After seeing guys list half of the Vols draft class as future NFL picks, I couldn't help myself...

CashmoneyDrew
03-08-2009, 01:56 PM
God. Tennessee couldn't hit a free throw to save their lives today. The 3 point buzzer beater was basically poetic justice.

TitanHope
03-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Vols are wearing Black uni's tonight! :D

Also, cool news on Dan Williams:

Dan Williams began spring practice as Tennessee’s first team nose guard in Vols’ new defensive system, not a tackle. Instead of lining up across from the offensive guard, the nose guard will line up off one of the center’s shoulders. The position is expected to be easier to learn than in the previous system.

He's gonna be the anchor - no surprise there. We need to get someone to create us a Dan Williams banner in order to advertise his greatness! :D

CashmoneyDrew
03-14-2009, 12:42 AM
Dan Williams is the next great Tennessee DT. While other draftniks were salivating over Demonte Bolden's potential, I was praising the almighty greatness of Dan Williams!

Also, nice win by the Vols tonight.

TitanHope
03-14-2009, 03:32 PM
So Volnation's frontpage totally psyched me out about teh black uni's... :(

Vols are lookin good so far...

CashmoneyDrew
03-14-2009, 04:32 PM
SEC Championship! Here we come! What seed do you reckon we'll get if we win tomorrow TH?

TitanHope
03-14-2009, 05:37 PM
It's hard to say. We'll be winning a major conference tourney, but we're unranked as of now. But, we have the ability to play with almost any team in the nation when the guys are on. Tyler Smith and Chism are men amongst boys.

I'll say a 5th seed, +/- 1. If we win the SEC Champ. and end up getting ranked, then I can see a 4 seed being possible. But, with all the top seeds getting upset, other teams are gettin' nice wins under their resume. But, we had a hard schedule, have quality wins, may win our conference tourney, and possibly ranked in the Top 25 at the end of if. I think that says a lot in our favor.

TitanHope
03-15-2009, 02:55 PM
General Neyland's chest hair! That sucked!

CashmoneyDrew
03-15-2009, 03:34 PM
General Neyland's chest hair! That sucked!

You said it best brother.

CashmoneyDrew
03-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Yucky 9 seed for the Vols with OK St. in the first round. If they somehow happen past them their prize that awaits them is Pitt. Bleh....

CashmoneyDrew
03-16-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm doing my Bryce Brown happy dance right now TH! haha

TitanHope
03-16-2009, 03:39 PM
w00t!!!

After landing him, the Vols finished with the #10 class on Rivals and the #8 class on Scout. Oh, and we leapfrogged Florida. :D

Kiff had only 3 and a half months, starting from scratch, having to assemble a coaching staff, and having all the negattention, yet still ends up with a HUGE recruiting class! No clue how he did it, and while he's said some things that've garnered criticism, he's backed it up so far.

David Oku + Bryce Brown = Beast. Wonder if Oku redshirts, and Hardesty/Brown handle the carries with Creer getting some carries.

TitanHope
04-06-2009, 05:41 AM
Lennon Creer is transferring. :(

Also, new sig! <3

It was a tough call between Rogan, Hardesty, and Ben Martin.

CashmoneyDrew
04-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Lennon Creer is transferring. :(

Also, new sig! <3

It was a tough call between Rogan, Hardesty, and Ben Martin.

Sweet sig. I probably would've went with Martin but that's just me. Looks pretty flippin sweet though.

I'm not too worried about Creer TBH. We've got quite a log jam at HB and I've been anticipating one of our current HBs perhaps transferring. Apparently he was being outperformed by Toney Williams, Tauren Poole, and Montario Hardesty. Plus he's a bit of a fumbler I've heard. Not to mention I've also heard he's been butting heads with the new staff. We'll be good at HB TH. I promise!

TitanHope
04-06-2009, 06:59 PM
He was like lightning tho. Hopefully Oku (<3) and Brown come in and just light it up!

Here are the other sigs I was choosin' from:

Ben Martin
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5853/sigbenmartin.jpg

Montario Hardesty
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3245/sighardesty1.jpg

Hardesty is the sharpest one, but Dennis Rogan is like a BOSS!!! You can use the Martin one, Drew.

CashmoneyDrew
04-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Yeah, on second thought after looking at those sigs, you chose well. While Martin is my favorite player out of the 3, his sig is probably the least appealing out of those 3.

TitanHope
04-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I know, right? That's what I thought when I saw it. He's not in an action pose. Hardesty is running the ball, and Rogan looks like he's back in coverage. But Ben Martin is just like, "Why hello! I'ma choo-choo!" Not very cool...

TitanHope
04-09-2009, 08:42 AM
I take full responsibility for Morely leaving. He must've seen my new sig, realized Rogan's greatness was inevitable, and decided to leave before he became the 3rd best DB.

TitanHope
04-09-2009, 11:25 PM
New, new sig! Hitman D is THA BOSS!!

Triple-post...dang.

TitanHope
04-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Quadruple post...yeah, I'm cool. :cool:

The Orange 'n White game was today. It should air tomorrow at 8 PM EST on CSS, or something like that. 50,000 were supposed to be in attendance. Ben Martin sustained what looked to be a bad knee injury. Hopefully, it's not an ACL. :(

CashmoneyDrew
04-18-2009, 05:34 PM
I got to hear the second half of the game on the Internets and such. Is it just me or did it seem like every other play, the pass was "almost intercepted"? Not a good sign IMO. Running game sounded like it did solid though, and seemed as if some WRs stepped up.

TitanHope
04-18-2009, 06:03 PM
All I'm goin' by is VolNation posts, which is a dangerous place to base one's information from. ;)

Maybe our Berry-less secondary was just that good? *laughs nervously*

CashmoneyDrew
04-23-2009, 03:32 PM
B.J. Coleman (QB) and Darris Sawtelle (OL) are both leaving the Tennessee football program.

Hawk
04-23-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm going to join the party in this thread.

TitanHope
04-23-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm going to join the party in this thread.

Finally! Ya post on VolNation, Hawk?

Sucks Coleman is leaving. Hope the best for him. I was wanting him to be the starter this year, but I guess the writing is truly on the wall for Cro to be the starter.

Hawk
04-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Finally! Ya post on VolNation, Hawk?

Sucks Coleman is leaving. Hope the best for him. I was wanting him to be the starter this year, but I guess the writing is truly on the wall for Cro to be the starter.

I do mostly reading, but I chime in every now and then.

CashmoneyDrew
04-23-2009, 07:12 PM
I take it that Coleman understands that a true freshman is probably going to get the job next year.

Hawk
04-23-2009, 08:49 PM
I decided to upload all the UT pictures on my computer to photobucket. 95% of them are high resolution professional pictures taken by Getty Images. They are great for getting them developed into posters or 8x10s. I had ones of Hardesty, Moore, and Gerald Jones developed and autographed at the O&W game. I figured I'd share them with you. They might have been resized slightly by Photobucket because they were that big, so if you want the original full resolution just PM me.

http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv305/elliottwalker3/

TitanHope
04-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Awesome stuff, Hawk!

Now that the Draft is over, I'm seeing a lot of Taylor Mays and Eric Berry hype. It seems the board is split!

CashmoneyDrew
04-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Anyone who likes Taylor Mays over EB is dead to me. DEAD!

TitanHope
05-04-2009, 12:42 AM
Dan Williams is now listed as 327 on the Vols roster, though his profile page still lists 310.

CashmoneyDrew
05-04-2009, 12:58 AM
Dan Williams is now listed as 327 on the Vols roster, though his profile page still lists 310.

Beefing up a bit, eh? He's gonna be a top NT prospect in next year's class. (I hope!)

TitanHope
05-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Oh, he will be... He will be...

Only other one is Mount Cody.

CashmoneyDrew
05-04-2009, 01:34 AM
Oh, he will be... He will be...

Only other one is Mount Cody.

There's a couple of others he'll have to beat out as well as Cody, but I have faith in the big fella.

CashmoneyDrew
05-20-2009, 01:21 AM
For the whole other 2 vols fans on this forum ( :D ), the Vols picked up a commitment from Georgia native defensive end J.C. Copeland today. He's listed at 6'2 240 and as recently as a week ago had stated that Auburn was his favorite. That shows how persuasive our staff can be. He's a 4 star recruit on rivals and the 19th overall ranked DE right now.

TitanHope
05-20-2009, 01:26 AM
We also landed a guy named Jose Jose.

Need not know a thing about the guy, for Jose Jose is destined for greatness.

CashmoneyDrew
05-20-2009, 01:42 AM
Alls I know about Jose ole is that apparently there's like 30 other guys in his family with the same name. Oh, and he's got a chest that would make Pamela Anderson blush.

Burger
05-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Kiffin is trying to recruit a Qb in the 2010 Class. Tennessee also has 3 Linebackers from the 2010 class.

CashmoneyDrew
05-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Kiffin is trying to recruit a Qb in the 2010 Class. Tennessee also has 3 Linebackers from the 2010 class.

Really? I saw they just picked up a commitment from a JUCO LB this weekend, but I was pretty sure he was the only one so far for the 2010 class, unless you're counting Jacques Smith who I think will be an end.

Burger
05-24-2009, 12:09 AM
We picked up 2 linebackers, one being Ralph Williams, and the other is the JC guy.

CashmoneyDrew
06-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Tennessee picked up two sorely needed offensive linemen today with Marques Pair and Zach Fulton.

TitanHope
06-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Tennessee also got a verbal commitment from Evan Berry, EB's 13-year old little brother!

http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20090629/118071.gif

Gotta love LSUfreek! :D

Burger
07-03-2009, 06:36 PM
We got a commit from Palardy!!!! Also , Jeff Luc is visiting Tennessee

Burger
07-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Volnation.com is greatness, join the forum.

CashmoneyDrew
07-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Volnation.com is greatness, join the forum.

Me, TitanHope, and Hawk are already on there. And that about covers the NFLDC Vols fans.

Burger
07-03-2009, 07:47 PM
I am on there also. I really like Lamiason.

TitanHope
07-03-2009, 08:00 PM
We got a commit from Palardy!!!! Also , Jeff Luc is visiting Tennessee

Jeff Luc is a machine!

Burger
07-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Jeff Luc is a machine!

Exactly, I hope we get Scroggins also. Gran and Orgeron are machines.

CashmoneyDrew
07-03-2009, 08:10 PM
I am on there also. I really like Lamiason.

I don't know too much about him, but any help at QB is good help obviously.

TitanHope
07-03-2009, 08:18 PM

I failed your FaceBook quiz Voodoo... :(

I was surprised Diora Baird wasn't your celebrity crush.

CashmoneyDrew
07-03-2009, 08:23 PM
I failed your FaceBook quiz Voodoo... :(

I was surprised Diora Baird wasn't your celebrity crush.

Haha, it's cool brotha. It was pretty hard I must say. And Diora Baird is definitely top 3. I've just been in a Carrie Underwood type of mood recently. And you weren't way off with your wrong answers either.

Burger
07-03-2009, 08:30 PM

He can throw.

smittyjs
07-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Its been awhile, been busy with work and friends and my computer has been broken all summer, so i thought i would drop in and say hello.

CashmoneyDrew
07-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Its been awhile, been busy with work and friends and my computer has been broken all summer, so i thought i would drop in and say hello.

You're the Godfather of Titans fandom along with Pitbull here. We are blessed by your presence Smitty. Hopefully you and Pitbull will be back in full swing once training camp and preseason starts. :)

CashmoneyDrew
08-18-2009, 09:03 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4408191

Bryce Brown facing NCAA investigation over eligibility.......... FML.

TitanHope
08-19-2009, 06:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4408191

Bryce Brown facing NCAA investigation over eligibility.......... FML.

Was bound to happen because of his "advisor"...

Hopefully, nothing will come of it that damages him or the school. Worst comes to worst, he can redshirt as this is considered a rebuilding year by most.

TitanHope
08-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I accidentally missed the NFLDCFF Draft, but thankfully I didn't get replaced. Here is how the computer picked for me:

QB: Tony Romo
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Santana Moss
RB: Michael Turner
RB: Darren Sproles
TE: Antonio Gates
W/R: Deion Branch
BN: Jon Kitna
BN: Michael Crabtree
BN: Miles Austin
BN: Josh Cribbs*
BN: Lamont Jordan
BN: Greg Jones*
BN: Chase Coffman

K: Stephen Gostkowski
BN: John Kasay

D: Keith Bulluck*
DB: Bob Sanders*
DB: Ron Bartell*
DL: Kyle Vanden Bosch*
DL: Derrick Burgess*
BN: Calvin Pace*
BN: Curtis Lofton
BN: Daniel Manning
BN: Ryan Denney

Guys with an asterisk next to their name were players I picked up in FA. I was hoping for more Titans DEF players, but Finnegan, Hope, Griffin, Harper, and Jason Jones were drafted. Was ecstatic that no one picked up Bulluck or KVB. Thornton, Brown, Kearse, Tulloch, Jacob Ford, and Jovan Haye are current FA's. I believe we have the most DEF players on rosters. :D

CashmoneyDrew
08-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Looks like a pretty solid starting roster. You're bench is kinda meh though, but you're in an extremely deep league so that's to be expected. In my league I have Tony Romo and Santana Moss as well, so it looks like you and I will be following other games together outside of the Titans. :D
The only Titans on my team are Lendale and Griff as an IDP.
Good luck to ya TH! I hope you win it all!

TitanHope
08-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Looks like a pretty solid starting roster. You're bench is kinda meh though, but you're in an extremely deep league so that's to be expected. In my league I have Tony Romo and Santana Moss as well, so it looks like you and I will be following other games together outside of the Titans. :D
The only Titans on my team are Lendale and Griff as an IDP.
Good luck to ya TH! I hope you win it all!

Thank ya kindly! Hope your team goes beastmode too. :cool:

I almost got kicked out since I missed the Draft. Thankfully, I wasn't one of the ones to get booted. Sent a PM to JB apologizing. I got the feeling that he really wasn't happy that I wasn't there (he said I was the only one not there, but I think UKfan wasn't either). Fantasy Football ain't no joke.

But yeah, I was concerned about my WR's. Brandon Marshall is a crazy motha' trucka', Santana Moss is good, Deion Branch is injury prone, Miles Austin is ok, Michael Crabtree is a greedy punk who who's holding out all preseason, and Josh Cribbs is hit or miss. Sooo, I'm trading with UKfan, who doesn't have a Kicker cause autopick never got him one. I'm sending him John Kasay and Miles Austin for Chris Chambers. He's loaded at WR with Greg Jennings, TJ Houshmandzadeh, and Anthony Gonzalez, plus Chambers and Amani Toomer on the bench.

I get a 70-pt WR for depth, and he gets a 130-pt K starter and a 40-pt WR for depth. Perfect trade for both sides who kinda got screwed by Autopick. :)

TitanHope
08-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Picked up Nick Harper off waivers on my NFLDC team! :D

The Skol Dynasty (dunno who that is off the top of my head, but our team names reflect our forum names - I'm the Hopeful Titans :cool:) dropped him in favor of Bears S Kevin Payne, so I scooped him up. Tackles are the big points makers, and Harper's good for them.

TitanHope
09-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Jarvis Giles ain't lookin' too hot for South Carolina right now...

*Day dreams about Bryce Brown and David Oku* :cool:

CashmoneyDrew
09-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Jarvis Giles ain't lookin' too hot for South Carolina right now...

*Day dreams about Bryce Brown and David Oku* :cool:

Can't wait to see them in action on Saturday. Hopefully I'll be "recovered" from my party by then.

TitanHope
09-05-2009, 03:43 PM
63-7...

Holy crap!

CashmoneyDrew
09-05-2009, 06:02 PM
63-7...

Holy crap!

It was a pretty good game. They still need to work on a few things though.

Hawk
09-05-2009, 07:09 PM
It was a pretty good game. They still need to work on a few things though.

Like fumbles and slow starts. Other than that, we looked alright.

Crompton looked 100x times better despite the two interceptions, albeit tipped ones.

TitanHope
09-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Apparently, Tyler Bray, a 4* Pro Style QB according to Rivals (http://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/football/recruiting/player-Tyler-Bray-94999), will be committing. He was at the game today visiting, and his dad was in the stands. A fan yelled to his dad towards the end of the game saying, "We need him!" and dad yells back, "You got him!" For now it's just a rumor, but it's been said by two fans who were there.

Anyway, early miscues or not, there were ranked teams who played equal or worse teams than we did today, and even they didn't handle themselves like we did. Love the new offense. The early swing passes had me worried about more dink and dunk, but by the end I was in love. Defense looks just as dominant as last year, but with a better pass rush. Wes Brown moving inside with his quickness looks like a genius move, and Ben Martin and Chris Walker had great games.

UCLA next week will be the barometer, and if we do well, I think we can definitely compete for 2nd in the SECEast with improved QB play, stable of RB's, and stellar defense.

CashmoneyDrew
09-05-2009, 09:17 PM
I wanted Eric Berry to make that INT on that first pass sooooooo bad.

CashmoneyDrew
09-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Bryce Brown was Scott's runner-up for breakout pro prospect this season behind USC's Chris Gallappo in his blog. I thought that was interesting. Hope he proves him right! :D

TitanHope
09-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Bryce Brown was Scott's runner-up for breakout pro prospect this season behind USC's Chris Gallappo in his blog. I thought that was interesting. Hope he proves him right! :D

I saw his blog earlier, but I didn't notice his shoutout to BB til ya pointed it out. That's awesome!

Naturally, I had to post kudos in the thread over in the Scott Wright's Corner forums, along with a Hardesty plug. :cool:

Whistler6
09-07-2009, 02:44 PM
I wanted Eric Berry to make that INT on that first pass sooooooo bad.

Did Berry do anything big during the game? Living up in WI, I didn't get to see anything but highlights

CashmoneyDrew
09-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Did Berry do anything big during the game? Living up in WI, I didn't get to see anything but highlights

3 tackles and a pass breakup. The pass breakup was on the first throw of the game and may have been a pick 6 if he got his hands on it. After that play WKU didn't throw it anywhere near Berry. Not they they could have if they wanted to with the way our front seven was getting pressure on them. He was also pretty much done by half time. Expect to hear more from him in a more evenly matched UCLA game.

Whistler6
09-07-2009, 07:09 PM
3 tackles and a pass breakup. The pass breakup was on the first throw of the game and may have been a pick 6 if he got his hands on it. After that play WKU didn't throw it anywhere near Berry. Not they they could have if they wanted to with the way our front seven was getting pressure on them. He was also pretty much done by half time. Expect to hear more from him in a more evenly matched UCLA game.

Appreciated, thanks.

Burger
09-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Atleast we only gave up 80 yards against WKU. I am looking forward to the defense against UCLA. Freshmen are bound to thrown to Eric Berry.

TitanHope
09-12-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm watchin' the game here: http://www.justin.tv/deathtorivals

Incase any of ya'll don't have the channel (It's on ESPN 360, I think), there's the link!

CashmoneyDrew
09-12-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm watchin' the game here: http://www.justin.tv/deathtorivals

Incase any of ya'll don't have the channel (It's on ESPN 360, I think), there's the link!

It's on regular ESPN here.

TitanHope
09-12-2009, 03:20 PM
It's on regular ESPN here.

My cable went out, so I don't have either... /cray

CashmoneyDrew
09-12-2009, 05:08 PM
New year, same Crompton. :(

A zebra can't change it's spots..... hehe

TitanHope
09-12-2009, 05:10 PM
New year, same Crompton. :(

A zebra can't change it's spots..... hehe

:(

If Cro was a zebra, he'd be the one that gets picked out of the herd by predators.

CashmoneyDrew
09-12-2009, 06:03 PM
I knew we should've ran play action on that 4th and goal.....

TitanHope
09-12-2009, 06:26 PM
I really can't find one positive from the Vols today... Ugh...

CashmoneyDrew
09-12-2009, 06:27 PM
I really can't find one positive from the Vols today... Ugh...

The defense played pretty well. But this game was almost pure 08 deja vu. Crompton could very well be the worst starting QB in Tennessee history. Tyler Bray can't get here soon enough.

TitanHope
09-12-2009, 06:43 PM
The defense played pretty well. But this game was almost pure 08 deja vu. Crompton could very well be the worst starting QB in Tennessee history. Tyler Bray can't get here soon enough.

Volnation has crashed... I'm not joking.

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Did you see the UCLA players when they were leaving the stadium? Practically the entire team was taunting the fans by waving at them and skipping...

I didn't really like the defense. Got burned by screens all game, and didn't hold their gaps in the run game. But, the offense definitely cost us the game. The OL got abused, and Crompton is back to his old tricks (and making the same faces). Makes me wanna punt a baby.

CashmoneyDrew
09-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Volnation has crashed... I'm not joking.

Did you see the UCLA players when they were leaving the stadium? Practically the entire team was taunting the fans by waving at them and skipping...

I didn't really like the defense. Got burned by screens all game, and didn't hold their gaps in the run game. But, the offense definitely cost us the game. The OL got abused, and Crompton is back to his old tricks (and making the same faces). Makes me wanna punt a baby.

Yeah, I have a few thoughts about the game and the rest of the season.......
1) We should probably go ahead and put Nick Stephens in and get him ready for the gauntlet of the 2010 season. No way in hell Crompton has enough confidence left after this game to lead us the rest of the season.
2) We abandoned the run for far too long in the second and third quarters.
3) We didn't do enough play-action passing. And the play-calling was waaaaaay too predictable by the second half.
4) Have we thrown it deep over the middle yet this season? And by deep I mean more than 12-15 yards.
5) We should probably go ahead and start some of our younger linebackers. Jerod Askew and Greg King would upgrade size and athleticism against the pass.
6) Our offensive line is garbage. The bad thing about it is, we don't really have any backups to turn to as we have zero depth as well.
7) We should have kept Tahj Boyd, regardless if he was hurt or not.
8) I hope this doesn't kill the roll we've been on recruiting wise.
9) We'll probably finish 6-6 this season.
10) Receivers need to get more physical and box out their defenders better.

CashmoneyDrew
09-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Oh yes, how could I forget Volnation? This puts major **** in all of those homers faces. I couldn't believe the audacity of our "fans" over there who actually thought we would roll over UCLA by the likes of 3 scores and up. Now I definitely wanted revenge for last season and would have liked to have seen that, but I was a realist and recognized that we'd be lucky to just get a win. I can't stand all of the homers on that website and I can't wait until all of those idiots over there that thought we would beat Florida this season eat crow. Believing in your team is fine, but it got to the point where a lot of them were calling this a "season of destiny" and saying we'd go undefeated or 10-2 at worst. That's bad, but what is truly bad about that, was that anyone who tried to talk sense or maintain realism were name called and their "fanhood" was called into question. God that site pisses me off sometimes. I can't wait to laugh at all the idiots that start calling for Kiffin to be fired and all of that nonsense.

TitanHope
09-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. Volnation truly lives in their own little world. Same thing can happen at TitansCentral. One prominent poster says something, another agrees, and a thought starts snowballing until it just gets ridiculous.

I'll say it again: I love SWDC! If you say something stupid, there's always a guy to challenge it. Then it becomes you vs that guy. The other posters don't take sides and gang up on one guy. There's checks and balances here, which makes the community more realistic and insightful.

DoughBoy
09-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Ugh I used to post on the board on titansonline.....Those guys were mad controll freaks...

DoughBoy
09-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Crompton is terrible, he very well may be a good practice QB but he blows in meaningful games. Nick Stephens isnt great either but I will take anyone over Crompton. BTW at least my Blue Raiders destroyed Memphis.....Sun Belt Champions BABY!!!!!1!!!!!!

DoughBoy
09-12-2009, 10:52 PM
BTW Crompton missed 2 easy TD passes and one that could have been atleast a long gain. I've heard of guys that can only read one side of the field but Crompton cant make it through his first progression.

CashmoneyDrew
09-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Crompton is terrible, he very well may be a good practice QB but he blows in meaningful games. Nick Stephens isnt great either but I will take anyone over Crompton. BTW at least my Blue Raiders destroyed Memphis.....Sun Belt Champions BABY!!!!!1!!!!!!

MTSU Baby!!! Did you go to the game?

TitanHope
09-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Ugh I used to post on the board on titansonline.....Those guys were mad controll freaks...

Lol, I have to be careful when I visit TC. I always get in arguments.

DoughBoy
09-12-2009, 11:23 PM
MTSU Baby!!! Did you go to the game?

Yeah I went after the Tennessee game, Domination Station!!! It goes to show you that our team is as good a Dwight Dasher wants it to be.

Hawk
09-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Fire Kiffin!!!!!!!!!! ZOMGzzzzzzzzzz

I swear I thought I was watching a replay of a game from last year. No protection from the offensive line, Crompton drops back, has time to quickly scan the field and then either forces a pass somewhere or takes off to gain an astounding two ******* yards. Running game was very average, and we can't win because that is our greatest strength on offense.

I thought the defense was solid, and they kept us in that game. The two stops before we got the ball back (and ultimately turned it over on downs) were very impressive.

We do have some players on both side of the ball. I think Teague and Nuke need to have the ball in their hands more, along with a healthy Gerald Jones. Teague didn't have any catches this week. That said, Florida is still going to eat our lunch. Crompton can't handle any pressure whatsoever and Florida is going to bring it every snap. That doesn't bode well for us. I was overly optimistic after the WKU game, and impressed with Crompton, but UCLA really showed us where we stand and that's no better than we were last year. It's a rebuilding year for us.

TitanHope
09-13-2009, 11:06 PM
4* DL Corey Miller (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Corey-Miller-82809), 4* DL Brandon Willis (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Brandon-Willis-77275), and 4* ATH DeMarco Cobbs (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-DeMarco-Cobbs-86387) have all committed to the Vols.

Miller and Willis's pages have been updated to show the Vols, but Cobbs's citation is according to ESPN - Link. (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=2633&page=briefingroom&season=2010&id=11750&action=login&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school%3fschoolId%3d2633%26page%3dbriefingroom%26s eason%3d2010%26id%3d11750)

Wowie wow wow...

CashmoneyDrew
09-14-2009, 01:30 AM
4* DL Corey Miller (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Corey-Miller-82809), 4* DL Brandon Willis (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Brandon-Willis-77275), and 4* ATH DeMarco Cobbs (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-DeMarco-Cobbs-86387) have all committed to the Vols.

Miller and Willis's pages have been updated to show the Vols, but Cobbs's citation is according to ESPN - Link. (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=2633&page=briefingroom&season=2010&id=11750&action=login&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school%3fschoolId%3d2633%26page%3dbriefingroom%26s eason%3d2010%26id%3d11750)

Wowie wow wow...

Wowzers! I knew we lead for Cobbs, but to get him and the other 2 at the same time, after this loss this weekend.... well, at least it softens the blow.

TitanHope
09-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Wowzers! I knew we lead for Cobbs, but to get him and the other 2 at the same time, after this loss this weekend.... well, at least it softens the blow.

Definitely softens the blow. Vols are now ranked 3rd on Scout and 4th on Rivals. Great job by the coaching staff, and no doubt they'll bring in even more talent.

Also, on DeMarco Cobbs's facebook, he posted "Help is on the way Tennessee.." Thought that was cool. :D

TitanHope
09-16-2009, 05:03 PM
It's officially Lane Kiffin week on ESPN! :D

TitanHope
09-19-2009, 06:24 PM
I don't care what that score was, the Vols and Lane Kiffin were a winner today.

Especially in recruiting. When Tebow, Hernandez, Riley Cooper, Carlos Dunlap, Brandon Spikes, Major Wright, Joe Haden, and whoever else declares for the Draft from Florida, who wins this game in Knoxville next season?

"We'll see them next year."

CashmoneyDrew
09-19-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't like to believe in moral victories, but with incrompetence at QB I guess I'll have to for at least one season until Tyler Bray gets here. A couple of other things I noticed.....
-Art Evans needs to be benched in favor of Vinson or a freshman because he was definitely the weak link in our secondary.
-Gerald Jones is probably our most overrated player. He shouldn't be starting. Any other of our WRs would have hopefully not just walked out of bounds on that one play like he did. His route running in the UCLA and UF games were atrocious.
- Montario Hardesty is a beast. Just think how crazy he'd be going if he had just a decent QB to take that 8th man out of the box, or if he had a better o-line.
- Our defense is pretty legit.

DoughBoy
09-19-2009, 06:48 PM
MTSU won a great game today!!!! I hope we win a bowl game becuase my brother will get a ring!

CashmoneyDrew
09-19-2009, 11:57 PM
MTSU won a great game today!!!! I hope we win a bowl game becuase my brother will get a ring!

Is your brother on the team?

I bet Maryland won't be scheduling us anymore.

TitanHope
09-20-2009, 12:02 AM
Chattanooga won today too!

*high fives himself*

TitanHope
09-23-2009, 09:54 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/TSB/Kiffin_SlapShot.gif

I lol'd.

TitanHope
09-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Link for the Vols/Ohio game: http://www.atdhe.net/8977/watch-ohio-vs-tennessee

CashmoneyDrew
09-26-2009, 08:00 PM
We look pretty bad so far IMO.

CashmoneyDrew
10-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Wow, so after tonight Jonathan Crompton actually has more TDs than INTs. The world might explode. Too bad he and the wrs were on different planets tonight or we might have actually been able to move the ball and our defense might have gotten some breathers. Our defense is good, but with little depth, so they can't be on the field as much as they were tonight. Oh yeah, Daniel Lincoln is to kicking what Jonathan Crompton is to passing.

CashmoneyDrew
10-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Who is this guy and what has he done with Jonathan Crompton?

TitanHope
10-10-2009, 03:29 PM
So, fluke game or can we expect more of this from Cro?

Also,

45-19

I live like 15 minutes away from the Georgia border, so that makes this sooo sweet!

CashmoneyDrew
10-10-2009, 04:19 PM
The biggest thing about this win is that it more than likely gets us in a bowl seeing as how we still have Memphis, Vandy and Kentucky on the schedule. I really hope we can push for wins against South Carolina and Ole Miss as well. I'm not holding my breath for a win against Bama even though we have a bye week to prepare for them. Maybe that will help us to stay competitive with them.

TitanHope
10-10-2009, 11:58 PM
We won't even have to watch the game against Bama. We can just get the play-by-play from JT Jag and LizardState in the gameday thread! :D

TitanHope
10-23-2009, 02:14 PM
I have the most amazingly excellent news everyone!

Paul dropped Chris Hope in the SWDCFF League, and I'm picking him up!

And if anyone, and I mean anyone, outbids me and gets him instead, I will hunt them down and...express my disdain for their action! :D

CashmoneyDrew
10-23-2009, 02:24 PM
I have the most amazingly excellent news everyone!

Paul dropped Chris Hope in the SWDCFF League, and I'm picking him up!

And if anyone, and I mean anyone, outbids me and gets him instead, I will hunt them down and...express my disdain for their action! :D

What's your record? My team started 0-2(I kind of expected that with my work-horse runningback Marshawn Lynch suspended). But since then I've won 4 straight and I'm now pushing for first place in my league if I win this weekend.

TitanHope
10-23-2009, 02:42 PM
What's your record? My team started 0-2(I kind of expected that with my work-horse runningback Marshawn Lynch suspended). But since then I've won 4 straight and I'm now pushing for first place in my league if I win this weekend.

I'm 4-2 too, but I'm only 8th in the standings. I lead my division though, which has CJSchneider, YAYareaRB, UKFan, and sbh15. Only Skol Vikings has made more moves than me, lol.

I love the IDP slots. I probably have the best group out of everyone with Keith Bulluck/Mike Peterson, Tyvon Branch/Ron Bartell/Daniel Manning/Bob Sanders, and Kyle Vanden Bosch/Robert Geathers/Tony Brown/James Hall. I scored 86.90 points last week, and Bulluck/Branch/Bartell/KVB/Hall contributed for 32 of it. Lots of tackles! :D

In my other league, I did exactly like you. Drafted Lynch in the 2nd, and lost my first 2 games. I'm on a 4-game win streak there too and am 7th. I'll move up if I win too.

CashmoneyDrew
10-23-2009, 02:48 PM
I love IDPs as well. I started a coalition to push to get them put in our league this year as we haven't done them in years. It's been awesome so far. Jared Allen is killing it for me.

DoughBoy
10-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Over/Under- Jonathan Crompton throws for 500 yards and 7 TDs?

CashmoneyDrew
10-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Over/Under- Jonathan Crompton throws for 500 yards and 7 TDs?

Waaaaay over.

TitanHope
10-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Third Saturday in October! Whoo!

Lame of Bama not to allow us to wear the orange uni's. UCLA and USC did it, but nooooo...

Hardesty > Ingram.

Crompton > McElroy.

Berry > McClain.

Mrs. Kiffin > Mrs. Saban. :cool:

DoughBoy
10-24-2009, 02:38 PM
I wonder if Lane calls Monte Dad or coach? Maybe a little a both?

DoughBoy
10-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Alabama cheating right now.

DoughBoy
10-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Dumb Alabama player is dumb.

TitanHope
10-24-2009, 02:52 PM
I wonder if Lane calls Monte Dad or coach? Maybe a little a both?

Papa Kiffin? Big daddy Kiffin?

TitanHope
10-24-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm thinking about asking for a Hardesty sig. Here are the best images I've found:

http://www.nppa.org/competitions/monthly_news_clip_contest/thumbnails/19256_SAF_60927_85669_a028.jpg

http://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2009/09/25/26d8a_t607.jpeg

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/knx/perez/Hardesty.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

http://img.fannation.com/images/getty/2009/10/10/21/20091010214144827353000-gyi.jpg

Love the Power T on the football on that one.

Which do ya'll like?

CashmoneyDrew
10-24-2009, 05:02 PM
I kind of like that third one the best.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Dennis Rogan really impressed me today from what I saw.

TitanHope
10-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Dennis Rogan really impressed me today from what I saw.

That's cause Rogan is the friggin' man!!!

Proud of the team, despite the loss. Should've won that one, but Kiffin has been a God send. Play Florida tough, blowout Georgia, and then nearly beating Bama.

FG blocking and Lincoln blew it, but everyone else played like warriors. Can't say I've been prouder after a loss, and I'm very happy for Crompton - Kiffin and Co. are doing wonders with him.

CashmoneyDrew
10-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Crompton played so well today. I never thought I'd see a day where he could play this well and we still lose. If he keeps it up we should win out.

TitanHope
10-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Volnation crashed again... :D

CashmoneyDrew
10-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Volnation crashed again... :D

Over/under 50 different threads started with regards to special teams costing us this game?

TitanHope
10-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Over/under 50 different threads started with regards to special teams costing us this game?

I'll definitely take the over.

Parlardy supposedly has a thunderfoot. Hopefully, he can unseat Lincoln as a freshie.

CashmoneyDrew
10-24-2009, 06:23 PM
I'll definitely take the over.

Parlardy supposedly has a thunderfoot. Hopefully, he can unseat Lincoln as a freshie.

Hehe, after this game the only thing Palardy has to do as a true freshman to win the job is just step foot on campus.

TitanHope
10-24-2009, 08:59 PM
I'll go ahead and say it:

With how Crompton has played against Georgia and Alabama, I kinda wish he wasn't a senior. :D

CashmoneyDrew
10-24-2009, 09:46 PM
I'll go ahead and say it:

With how Crompton has played against Georgia and Alabama, I kinda wish he wasn't a senior. :D

I'm still not 100% sold on Crompton, but we'll find out against a tough South Carolina defense next week.

TitanHope
10-24-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm still not 100% sold on Crompton, but we'll find out against a tough South Carolina defense next week.

What I liked is how he played despite the lack of a running game. This was the first game that the running attack wasn't making plays and consistent gains, and Cro was forced to beat them through the air - and he responded with great down the field passes.

The Bama defense is much better than South Carolina's, and Hardesty and Brown will be able to run more effectively on that Front 7.

The receivers also deserve credit. If it was catchable, they caught it. The re-emergence of Denarious Moore is huge, and he absolutely abused Kareem Jackson, who I think is Bama's best CB. Stocker's catch was HUGE, and he got clobbered good by the Bama S. Seems like Gerald Jones is back to his normal self too.

Rogan and Berry played a great game too. They forced Ingram's 1st fumble of the year, Berry had tons of PD's, and Rogan went 100% against Julio Jones. I laughed at Doughie's "Berry just killed someone" post in the Gameday thread after EB knocked McElroy on his ass.

Also, thought Saban's comments on the team being "tired...playing like they're tired" were priceless. Surprised none of 'em had the flu. :D

TitansCJftw
10-25-2009, 03:18 PM
wow i had vernon davis on my bench in fantasy football cause shaun hill sucks, that turned out well:( :mad:

TitanHope
10-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Lol, that's nothin! I forgot about my ESPN league, and left Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, and a few others on my bench... DOH! :D

TitansCJftw
10-25-2009, 03:28 PM
i got peyton too bummer he did aight today, i played shiancoe who scored 2.7, vernon davis-27.3 he outscored manning!

DoughBoy
10-25-2009, 03:30 PM
I started Darren McFadden for 4 weeks. None of your fantasy blunders can match mine!!!!

TitanHope
10-25-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm beating CJ by 15.72 points, 93.54-77.82. He's got David Akers (9.05 proj) and DeAngelo Hall (4.51 proj) left to play. I've got Santana Moss (7.51 proj) left to go. If I win, I could move up from 8th to about 6th, depending on how many points some other guys get.

My IDP's sucked, aside from Bartell and Branch, who are tackling machines. Mike Peterson = 2.50 points. James Hall = 0 points, DNP. Robert Geathers = 0 points. Can't wait to get Bulluck and KVB back.

I play JBond next week. :D

Oh, and I got CHRIS HOPE!!!

DoughBoy
10-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Am I the only one here that hates when Gary Estwick uses the word "nugget" in his column? I always get a flashback of my pokemon days.

CashmoneyDrew
10-25-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm just trying to figure out who the hell Gary Estwick is.

TitanHope
10-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Am I the only one here that hates when Gary Estwick uses the word "nugget" in his column? I always get a flashback of my pokemon days.

5,000 credits, b*tches!!!

TitanHope
10-26-2009, 09:15 AM
My IDP's sucked, aside from Bartell and Branch, who are tackling machines. Mike Peterson = 2.50 points. James Hall = 0 points, DNP. Robert Geathers = 0 points. Can't wait to get Bulluck and KVB back.

I take this back cause they updated the stats overnight. Ron Bartell got me 8 points (6 solo's, 1 FF) and Tyvon Branch got me 9.50 (7 solos, 1 asst, 1 FF). Peterson and Geathers stayed the same though...chumps. :p

At 99.54 points now and CJ went up to 78.82. Increased my lead from 15.72 points to 20.72. :cool:

CashmoneyDrew
10-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Unless Santana Moss gets me like 40 points, I'm getting my first loss in over a month. ******* Brett Favre. I knew I should've started Romo.

TitanHope
10-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Made an Eric Berry gif! :D

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/50267/eb360-s.gif (http://www.gifsoup.com/view/50267/eb360.html)

CashmoneyDrew
10-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Hahaha, I love your sig.

TitanHope
10-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Hahaha, I love your sig.

I swaggerjacked it from Acreboy in the Funny Pic thread. :D

TitanHope
10-31-2009, 11:37 PM
You know it's great, to be, a Volunteer!!! :D

CashmoneyDrew
10-31-2009, 11:41 PM
I hope we win out and get a really good bowl. I'm gonna need one since the Titans aren't going anywhere past the regular season.

TitanHope
11-01-2009, 12:02 AM
If we win out, we'll be 2nd in the SEC East with wins over Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky. We'll be 5-3 in the SEC and hold tie breakers over the likes of South Carolina and Georgia.

I'd say Outback Bowl, Cotton Bowl, or Chick-Fil-A Bowl are most likely. Vols, LSU, and Auburn will probably fill out those three. Alabama and Florida will meet in the SECCG, with the winner going to the National Championship and loser going to a BCS Bowl. Georgia to the Capitol One Bowl, and Mississippi/South Carolina to the Music City Bowl.

CashmoneyDrew
11-01-2009, 12:08 AM
IDK about the Cotton bowl. I'd love to play in it, but don't they take SEC west teams for the most part?

DoughBoy
11-01-2009, 12:08 AM
How good do you guys think we will be next year with Dan Williams,Eric Berry,Montario Hardesty,Jonathan Crompton,Rico McCoy and Chris Scott going to the NFL?

CashmoneyDrew
11-01-2009, 12:24 AM
How good do you guys think we will be next year with Dan Williams,Eric Berry,Montario Hardesty,Jonathan Crompton,Rico McCoy and Chris Scott going to the NFL?

I'll break it down player by player....
-Dan Williams-
Good player, should get drafted somewhere between the 3rd and 4th. I think Tennessee will be able to fill his spot well though with Montori Hughes being a sophomore and bringing in a couple of JUCOs.
-Eric Berry-
I don't need to tell you all how great he is. We'll obviously miss him, but our secondary should still be strong as we return all of our other starters in the secondary as well as many of the key backups.
-Montario Hardesty-
Montario has been great and the new staff has resurrected his career as well as him staying healthy. We should still be strong though as we'll have Bryce Brown, David Oku, Tauren Poole, Toney Williams and probably a fairly high rated recruit coming in. Throw in the fact that we have two really good fullbacks and our backfield should still be very strong.
-Jonathan Crompton-
He has improved quite a bit as the season has come along, but he still won't be drafted and he still makes a few plays a game where I'm left scratching my head. We have Tyler Bray coming in and probably a JUCO in Matt Simms. Both will enroll in January so that will go a long way towards helping their progression. Throw in a redshirt senior in Stephens who has been in the system for a year and you have a pretty good competition that can hopefully make all of them better.
-Rico McCoy-
Rico McCoy has been very good this year but I think we'll recover fine next year at linebacker. We'll be returning Lamarcus Thompson, Savion Frazier and Greg King as well as hopefully a healthy Nick Reveiz. That's four guys who have gotten good playing time and starting experience this season. Throw in Jerod Askew coming off a redshirt year and Herman Lathers, as well as some talented freshman and we should be fine at linebacker.
-Chris Scott-
This dude has been money this season. Vastly improved. This will probably be our biggest loss. We lose 6 senior offensive lineman leaving so we'll be shaky up front next season. Hopefully whoever replaces the Sullins twins next season will be bigger, faster, stronger and overall more talented. Aaron Douglas will hopefully put on some more weight and gain some more experience seeing as how this is his first season as a lineman. Throw in JerQuari Schofield and hopefully some jucos and we'll have a bigger and more talented line next season. Although it will obviously take some time for 4 new starters to gel with each other. It sure would be nice if we could somehow get another year of eligibility for Josh McNeil.

Just my $.02.

CashmoneyDrew
11-01-2009, 09:11 PM
The Vols picked up two JUCO commits today. TE Ken Adams and WR Kenbrell Thompkins. Both enroll in January.

TitanHope
11-06-2009, 05:54 AM
Don't mind me...

The idea of stealing is inherently wrong. After all, one of God’s Ten Commandments is,

“Thou shall not steal.” I believe this is one moral stance that has stood the test of time. Lying is

commonplace in today’s world. Cheating is practiced by people at all stages of life; whether they

are a professional athlete taking steroids or an elementary student cheating on a spelling quiz.

But the action of actually taking something that belongs to someone else is something that is

difficult to rationalize. It greatly depends on the conscience of the person and their situation. If a

young boy who steals a toy from a store is wrong for doing so, then is a homeless boy who steals

food from a grocery store also wrong?

The ability to rationalize something causes a person’s moral compass to become

depolarized. A hungry person who has no money may steal in order to survive, so the misdeed of

stealing is no longer a completely bad thing to do. It is still bad, but just not as bad as someone

taking something they do not need. But, an analogy of a homeless child needing something to eat

is sympathetic. What about an analogy of a man stealing gasoline to put in his car? It is really

wrong if the guy is using the gas for him to get to the mall, but it is less wrong if the man is using

the gas in order to get himself to work so he can provide for himself. The scenario becomes more

justifiable if the man has a family to provide for.

The moral compass no longer just has the poles of right and wrong, north and south, but

also has less right and less wrong, northeast and southeast. The concept of absolute right and

wrong are lost essentially due to a person’s rationalization that there are no absolutes, especially

in the discernment of wrong. If one looks at the previously presented analogies and reverts them,

then who is more right: a person who does not steal food or a person who does not steal

gasoline? That is not something that has to be rationalized because there is no reason to justify an

honorable action.

Philosophically, there is no reason to justify stealing. There is no way to rationalize an

unethical act into being something other than unethical. There is no gray area between absolute

right and absolute wrong. Practically, it is not so easy. While the act may still be wrong, the

consequences of it may be better than the consequences of being honest. In one person’s eyes,

someone who dies of starvation after refusing to steal food is seen as a martyr. In another

person’s eyes, they are seen as a fool.

In the end, the extremes prevent philosophy from coinciding with practicality. Stealing is

an unjustifiable act, but it may still be necessary in extreme situations; just like it is necessary for

a person to hurt or kill another person if it is in self-defense or if they are a member of an army

that is in combat. Fortunately, those situations are rare for a person to go through.

Can't connect to my printer from my laptop. :D