PDA

View Full Version : Non-Titan sports discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

Titans10
03-02-2007, 01:07 PM
I decided to make an off topic area where we can discuss other things or other sports like Vandy, the Vols or the Predators

Cashmoney
03-03-2007, 07:18 PM
IDK who likes vandy or tennessee in here, but the vols played some pretty good basketball today, havent heard bout the vandy game. I think the preds won today too.

smittyjs
03-03-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm a HUGE vandy fan, as you can tell by my sig. Can't wait till CFB starts back up.

Pit Bull #53
03-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Ramar Smith is gonna be a star in a couple of years. Just wait. Kid attacks the basket like no one I've seen

Cashmoney
03-03-2007, 07:47 PM
ramar smith has guts, but sometimes him and the other freshmen make me nervous. especially when crews and chism start jacking up 3s like theyre shooting guards. smitty im not a vandy fan, but i have high hopes that you guys will finally make a bowl this year. theyre getting some good players back.

Pit Bull #53
03-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Vols got alot of questions once football season rolls around. I can't wait.

Who's gonna grab the starting WR spots?
Rico McCoy gonna play MLB?
Demonte Bolden and JT Mapu better step it up BIGTIME.
Who starts at corner? Fellows? Eric Berry maybe after a few games.
Who's gonna take Morley's spot? Maybe Nevin McKenzie, he is a JUCO transfer after all.
Who's the starting tailback? Coker or Foster

Cashmoney
03-03-2007, 08:05 PM
yea they do have alot of questions, im not very good with college players names especially the younger ones but apparently they have a few top incoming players ar wr that might be able to step in. ive heard good things about slick shelley and lucas taylor played well at times last year. idk bout austin rogers. at tailback id like to see coker get the start if he stays out of the doghouse. he's a gamebreaker for sure.

Titans10
03-04-2007, 11:10 AM
smitty im not a vandy fan, but i have high hopes that you guys will finally make a bowl this year. theyre getting some good players back.

Thats what I told my dad earlier this week...Vandy is going to be very talented on both sides of the ball this year with a lot of playing experiance, I think this could be the year we finally go to a bowl. it all depends on how Nickson plays this year to whether they are successful

smittyjs
03-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Thats what I told my dad earlier this week...Vandy is going to be very talented on both sides of the ball this year with a lot of playing experiance, I think this could be the year we finally go to a bowl. it all depends on how Nickson plays this year to whether they are successful
If Nickson doesn't make stupid mistakes, we will make a bowl this year.

Titans10
03-04-2007, 01:41 PM
If Nickson doesn't make stupid mistakes, we will make a bowl this year.

Coudnt agree more...hopefully he got all those mistakes out of his system last year. I like what Nickson brings to the table athletically at quarterback that boy can really run. He needs to work on his accuracy some though, he is very sportatic at times

Cashmoney
03-04-2007, 02:30 PM
plus you guys have that beast linebacker whos name slips my mind right now, and stamper got another yea of eligibility.

Titans10
03-04-2007, 02:59 PM
plus you guys have that beast linebacker whos name slips my mind right now, and stamper got another yea of eligibility.

Jonathon Goff

Cashmoney
03-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Yea, jonathon goff is a football player, he's huge too. If only UT had earl bennett, then we wouldn't have to worry bout our passing game.

Pit Bull #53
03-05-2007, 08:33 PM
If you're interested you can go here:

http://utsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/022207aab.html

And watch some of the highlight videos from Spring Practice. Watchin those gets you pumped up for football season. Too bad it's still a long ways away, lol.

Cashmoney
03-05-2007, 11:26 PM
thanks for the link. good stuff

smittyjs
03-07-2007, 10:58 PM
# 8,000 :eek:

Pit Bull #53
03-08-2007, 08:54 PM
By the way....Erik Ainge has torn his meniscus.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070308/SPORTS0601/70308043

From what I've read, the most likely route is to just remove the torn piece, which, as the article says, would put him back by the end of May/start of June.

Titans10
03-08-2007, 09:00 PM
By the way....Erik Ainge has torn his meniscus.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070308/SPORTS0601/70308043

From what I've read, the most likely route is to just remove the torn piece, which, as the article says, would put him back by the end of May/start of June.

That really sucks, thats going to slow the progress of Ainge and his new recievers getting on the same page. Hopefully he doesnt miss to much football time

smittyjs
03-09-2007, 10:57 PM
One and done for both the Dores and UT:(

Cashmoney
03-09-2007, 11:08 PM
About the sec tourney for the dores and vols..... oh well. they were both already locks for the tournament so its not like they needed to win. im sure theyll both do better in the tournament that counts.

Pit Bull #53
03-09-2007, 11:32 PM
I was so pissed at the LSU-UT game. JaJuan needed to stop shooting the #$*&# ball, he couldnt hit the ocean if he fell out of a boat. I don't know why the hell Wayne Chism thinks he can shoot 3s, especially in crunch time. Same with Bradshaw. Big Baby manhandled our "big men." This team would be lost with Ramar Smith and Lofton.

Titans10
03-10-2007, 02:46 PM
One and done for both the Dores and UT:(

man i was hoping that the vandy men could win the tourney too, that would of been sweet...I didnt watch the game cause I was busy but it looks like neither foster or byars played well

Pit Bull #53
03-12-2007, 03:11 AM
New sig...I made it. First one I've ever made. Thoughts?

smittyjs
03-12-2007, 07:19 AM
New sig...I made it. First one I've ever made. Thoughts?
I really like it. :)

Cashmoney
03-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Thats pretty sweet, man i need a sig bad....

Pit Bull #53
03-12-2007, 11:42 AM
I'll probably be playin around in photoshop a little, I can try to make you something in the next day or 2. It might not be great though because I don't know many techniques yet. Any certain player you want?

Pit Bull #53
03-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Whoever wants this sig can take it if they like it.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2250/lendalesigzl2.png

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2250/lendalesigzl2.png

I think that one turned out nice.

I need stephenson to comment on these...he used to be our resident sig maker

Cashmoney
03-12-2007, 04:56 PM
the lendale sig is awesome

But for some reason its not showing up.

Pit Bull #53
03-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Copy the link in between the tags [img][/ img] ....just leave out the space in the 2nd one.

Pit Bull #53
03-12-2007, 07:15 PM
New one, if anyone wants it. First come, first serve.

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/8576/bullucksigbt6.png

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/8576/bullucksigbt6.png

Titans10
03-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Pitt, I like the sigs, its about time I got a new one

Vandy with the 1st round domination of GW, hopefully it will carry over to the Washington State game. I hope we get to play Georgetown again because I think we will beat them this time around

TitanHope
03-16-2007, 01:08 AM
If you have the time, Pit Bull, a Chris Hope banner would be amazing. No other sig makers seem to be willing to make one.

Pit Bull #53
03-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Ok, I can try, but it might be a while. Reason being, the hardest part of making sigs is cutting the picture, which I am horrible at. So I have to find pre-cut pictures online, and there's not a Chris Hope one at the place I get them at. So I can either try to find someone to cut one for me (which might take a while) or I can try a different style of sig that doesn't involved cutting the pic out. I'll search for some pictures and see what I can do.

Pit Bull #53
03-16-2007, 03:49 PM
UT dropped 121 pts muahah!

Cashmoney
03-16-2007, 07:55 PM
UT has a tough draw against virginia sunday, im hopeful they can make the sweet sixteen, but itll be tough.

smittyjs
03-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Damn one hell of a game Vandy won today!!!!!!!!

Pit Bull #53
03-17-2007, 07:47 PM

I was laughing my ass off at WSU. They completely gave that game away at the end, LOL. That was a great game and a great win by Vandy

Titans10
03-17-2007, 09:32 PM

Hell yeah smitty we're going to the sweet 16. DB is unstopable, I hope we can seek some revenge on Georgetown.

Who ya wit...VU

Cashmoney
03-17-2007, 10:05 PM
hopefully UT will join vandy in the sweet 16 after tomorrow, and i guess memphis too to give tennessee 3 teams in the sweet 16, even though im not particularly fond of memphis.

smittyjs
03-18-2007, 12:38 AM
hopefully UT will join vandy in the sweet 16 after tomorrow, and i guess memphis too to give tennessee 3 teams in the sweet 16, even though im not particularly fond of memphis.I'm more of a Memphis fan than UT fan myself, I have family down there and they follow Memphis alot, i'm also down there alot. So i'm pulling for them also, i think UT can win tomorrow, but it will be a hard battle against UVA.

smittyjs
03-18-2007, 12:42 AM
Hell yeah smitty we're going to the sweet 16. DB is unstopable, I hope we can seek some revenge on Georgetown.

Who ya wit...VUFeel good to be going to the sweet 16, i have faith we can beat georgetown if we can keep it close and don't turn the ball over and actually get some damn rebounds.

neko4
03-18-2007, 03:58 AM
Hey Titans fans new "fantasy offseason-type" game starting up
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4174

smittyjs
03-18-2007, 12:14 PM
I would sign up, but i'm working on a research paper right now, and its a *****. :(

Pit Bull #53
03-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Jesus christ that was too close for comfort, but we are SWEET SIXTEEN BOUND BABY!

CBS gave player of the game to JaJuan, but it was definately Ryan Childress

Cashmoney
03-18-2007, 02:22 PM
ryan childress saved our butts, lofton was off today and i think he needs to be on for us to have a chance against ohio state.

Titans10
03-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Feel good to be going to the sweet 16, i have faith we can beat georgetown if we can keep it close and don't turn the ball over and actually get some damn rebounds.

Yeah its going to be hard to stop Hibbert down in the post, if we can I really like our chances

Titans10
03-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Dont know if y'all have heard this or if has been posted yet but Ainge is scheduled to have surgery on his knee

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee starting quarterback Erik Ainge will have surgery next week on his right knee to repair or remove torn cartilage, team officials announced Wednesday.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10062064

smittyjs
03-19-2007, 12:34 AM
This could hurt UT alot and kill the hype around his draft stock.

Pit Bull #53
03-19-2007, 12:37 AM
It's not a long term injury though. Usually 2.5 months at the max.

Cashmoney
03-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Speaking of erik ainges draft stock, what do you guys think of his chances of being a first rounder next year if he has another great year like he did last year? that would show some great consistency in him because of losing his top three targets, plus he has the size at over 6'5 220+. im not a big fan of colt brennan and im pretty positive brohm will be the top qb, so to me that leaves ainge maybe henne and possibly sam keller. im probably leaving some guys out.

MicktheGreat
03-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Have any of you read this article about the Nashville Predators???

LINK:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2804125

The Stars' management has some pretty harsh things to say about our organization. Here's a quote from the Stars' president, I believe...

"[The Predators] get more money from revenue sharing than any team in the league, they voted against the new schedule because they wanted to have an easier schedule for themselves. They take and take and take and take and never give back, and I'm sick of it."

Ouch...I wonder if this will result in a fine from the NHL for such open criticism of one of its franchises...

Cashmoney
03-19-2007, 04:17 PM
I saw that, sounds like a sore loser to me, really and truly i dont care what he says or thinks, its not our responsibility to be aware or prepare for other teams milestones.

Pit Bull #53
03-19-2007, 11:04 PM
It's not a long term injury though. Usually 2.5 months at the max.

Matter fact, Ainge just had the surgery today, they removed the meniscus, and he will only be out 3-6 weeks. Thank god this happened during the spring, even though I think Crompton will be good, I'd rather wait a year to find out, lol.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070319/SPORTS0601/70319046/1035

Titans10
03-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Have any of you read this article about the Nashville Predators???

LINK:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2804125

The Stars' management has some pretty harsh things to say about our organization. Here's a quote from the Stars' president, I believe...

"[The Predators] get more money from revenue sharing than any team in the league, they voted against the new schedule because they wanted to have an easier schedule for themselves. They take and take and take and take and never give back, and I'm sick of it."

Ouch...I wonder if this will result in a fine from the NHL for such open criticism of one of its franchises...

Sounds like they are bitter from Tootoo knocking the sh!t out of Modano and then turning and puching whoever that other player was who was charging him. They're just mad we are on top of the league and we spend our money wisely and draft well...oh well

Tootoo suspended 5 games for the punch
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2805040

Pit Bull #53
03-22-2007, 02:18 AM
Sooo....opinions. v1 or v2? I made v1 originally, but wasn't crazy about the coloring on the background...so I went and played around a little, but I may have went overboard, lol.

v1 - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Travis23/Meach_sig2.png

v2 - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Travis23/Meach_sig.png

TitanHope
03-22-2007, 02:21 AM
Ok, I can try, but it might be a while. Reason being, the hardest part of making sigs is cutting the picture, which I am horrible at. So I have to find pre-cut pictures online, and there's not a Chris Hope one at the place I get them at. So I can either try to find someone to cut one for me (which might take a while) or I can try a different style of sig that doesn't involved cutting the pic out. I'll search for some pictures and see what I can do.

Ok, but its not a top priority or anything, so don't feel pressured to. Just if you ever get in a banner making mood, one would be greatly appreciated. I'm more than fine with the Meachem one I have now in the meantime.

Speaking of erik ainges draft stock, what do you guys think of his chances of being a first rounder next year if he has another great year like he did last year? that would show some great consistency in him because of losing his top three targets, plus he has the size at over 6'5 220+. im not a big fan of colt brennan and im pretty positive brohm will be the top qb, so to me that leaves ainge maybe henne and possibly sam keller. im probably leaving some guys out.

It all depends on the year he has. He has all the physical tools you'd look in a quarterback. Teams may be turned off by his lack of mobility, and that he's a bit injury prone. His inconsistency is an issue, and he gets easy flustered. Other than that, he has a lot of upside. A first day pick definitely, but probably not a first rounder. As of now, he may be the 4th best behind Brohm, Brennan, and Henne. Maybe throw Nate Longshore into the discussion aswell, if he declares. Also watch for Andre Woodson out of Kentucky. I'm hearing a lot of buzz about him. I'm sure there are more good QB's out there, but its 3 am and my memory isn't kickin in.

TitanHope
03-22-2007, 02:23 AM
Gotta go with v2, Pit Bull. The first one's color reminds me of pee pee for some reason...but that may very well be more of an issue with me than with the sig...

Pit Bull #53
03-22-2007, 02:25 AM
I thought that too lol. I like v2 better, but I might tone it down a little tomorrow. Btw, I got a cut out Chris Hope render, so I might get you a sig in the next couple days.

TitanHope
03-22-2007, 02:32 AM
Btw, I got a cut out Chris Hope render, so I might get you a sig in the next couple days.

Sweet!!!

You must spread some reputation before giving it to Pit Bull #53 again.

Man...

smittyjs
03-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Me and Pitbull are the Titans team leaders now. :)

TitanHope
03-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Congrats guys. :)

smittyjs
03-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Damn good start by the Vols

Ewing
03-22-2007, 10:27 PM
I actually live in Maryland and I'm a Titans fan. When I was getting into football the Tennessee Oilers(Yes, they were the Oilers for two years in Tennnesse) were my best friend's favorite team so I decided to root for them and I've been a Titans fan ever since. I'm telling you this incase I talk about sports in the Maryland area. Don't worry, it's not a Ravens fan on the wrong board.

Cashmoney
03-23-2007, 09:47 AM
So about the osu, vols game last night..... im heartbroken.

Titans10
03-23-2007, 08:56 PM
vandy got screwed

Pit Bull #53
03-23-2007, 10:36 PM
UT is going to be very good next year. One HUGE thing they need to work on though is FT shooting. I see no reason at all why Ramar, JaJuan, Chism, and Childress can't be decent FT shooters. JaJuan has improved alot every year, and could probably be an 80% guy next year. Ramar seemed like he improved over the course of the year a little. He can be a deadly player if he becomes a good FT shooter with his ability to draw contact at the rim. There's no reason Chism and Childress can't be good FT shooters, both guys have soft touches and good rotation, they just need to work at it. I don't think Duke Crews will ever be a good shooter, lol. His motion is just wayyy to herky jerky, and his shot is flat. He looks like he's throwing a shot put.

But, Ramar will have a year of PG experience under his belt (if you didn't know, he's never played PG before....I'm telling you, kid is gonna be good), JaJuan and Lofton will be seniors. Chism got alot better over the course of the year, and he should continue. Childress will be a good roleplayer/3pt shooter.

The only senior on the entire team is Dane Bradshaw, and frankly, I'm glad he's leaving. Yeah, all the announcers want to do is slurp up to him about how he "does all the little things," and I commend him for that - he plays hard and gives it his all. But what good is it to have a player that's good at all the little things if he's TERRIBLE at all the big things. He's a 6'4 forward that is a horrible defender and a flat out liability on offense. His starting spot can be much better utilized by a more athletic guy that can actually defend and shoot.

Ewing
03-23-2007, 11:01 PM
vandy got screwed

My Georgetown fanboyism will not allow me to admit such things...

smittyjs
03-23-2007, 11:56 PM
vandy got screwedI was at a buddy house, so i din't see the game, but i heard the last shot by GT was very questionable....:(

Cashmoney
03-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Im glad someone finally has the same as me on dane bradshaw pitbull, ive always said he is a liability for us on offense and he proved it thursday night with his layup misses. i think were getting a transfer by the name of prince from arizona next year, correct me if im wrong, so hopefully he can step in and be an upgrade immediately. If noah and horford leave early, we have a great shot to take over the east and possibly the sec.

Titans10
03-24-2007, 03:06 AM
I was at a buddy house, so i din't see the game, but i heard the last shot by GT was very questionable....:(

yeah it was, whoever he was, i forgot his name, changed pivot foots before he took the shot so it should of been a walk

plus Gordon got fouled when he tried the final shot

Pit Bull #53
03-29-2007, 01:17 AM
Scratch this post

Pit Bull #53
03-29-2007, 02:03 PM
TitanHope, I made you a sig last night, but I wasn't very happy with it. I can post it if you want, and you can decide if you want it or not. I'll make another one if you don't like it...and don't hold back, it don't bother me to make another one, I enjoy it. So if you don't like it, don't take it.

TitanHope
03-29-2007, 04:56 PM
I'd love to see it Pit Bull.

Pit Bull #53
03-29-2007, 05:11 PM
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/3685/chopesiglg1.png

I think it's missing something. I think his face stands out too much. If you like it, you can take it. If not, I'm gonna make another one either tonight or tomorrow morning.

TitanHope
03-29-2007, 05:21 PM
I'd very much like to use it now, so take your time whenever you get around to making another. A second option would be very much appreciated, since I agree its missing something... Maybe un-blurr the jersey or add in his number/position? The font "Hope" is written in is looks a bit feminine, but I actually think it fits well. Anyway, entirely up to you, but this one is very nice! You. Are. Awesome!

Pit Bull #53
03-29-2007, 06:37 PM
I had a few minutes to spare....this better?

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/1592/chopesig2ry8.png

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/1592/chopesig2ry8.png

I like this one better than the first.

TitanHope
03-29-2007, 06:51 PM
I do too. Amazing job, Pit Bull! Thank you very much!

smittyjs
03-30-2007, 01:55 AM
Nice job on the Sig Pitbull

smittyjs
04-05-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm back...... :)

Titans10
04-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Smitty, I got a question for ya

Do you think this is the year that Vandy finally has a winning record, and goes to a bowl game?

Richmond-W
Alabama-?
Ole Miss-W
Eastern Michigan-W
at Auburn -L
Georgia-L
at South Carolina-?
Kent-W
Miami-OH-W
at Florida-L
Kentucky-?
at Tennessee-L
Wake Forest-W

There are 6 games that Vanderbilt SHOULD win and three games that are VERY winnable...even a couple of games i have them losing they could win

I think this is going to be Vanderbilt's all around most athletic team on both sides of the ball. Just having Bennett, Goff are huge and I really like Langford. Nickson has experiance under his belt, I think it all henges on the play of Nickson, IF he doesnt turn the ball over, they have a chance of beating anybody they play

Bears_Fan
04-09-2007, 06:35 PM
There is a new game and we need someone for the Titans.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5898

smittyjs
04-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Smitty, I got a question for ya

Do you think this is the year that Vandy finally has a winning record, and goes to a bowl game?

Richmond-W
Alabama-?
Ole Miss-W
Eastern Michigan-W
at Auburn -L
Georgia-L
at South Carolina-?
Kent-W
Miami-OH-W
at Florida-L
Kentucky-?
at Tennessee-L
Wake Forest-W

There are 6 games that Vanderbilt SHOULD win and three games that are VERY winnable...even a couple of games i have them losing they could win

I think this is going to be Vanderbilt's all around most athletic team on both sides of the ball. Just having Bennett, Goff are huge and I really like Langford. Nickson has experiance under his belt, I think it all henges on the play of Nickson, IF he doesnt turn the ball over, they have a chance of beating anybody they play
Vandy's biggest ? mark is Nickson as you stated, if he improve and doesn't make stupid turnovers(AKA Kentucky and Ole Miss game last year), i think we can win up to 8 games, but to answer your question yes i do think we will make a bowl game this year, I feel we can beat Bama, i have my doubts about beating the Gamecocks, but i also feel we can upset Georgia again and also i think we will give the gators one hell of a game and maybe even upset them also. The good thing that vandy has this season is the fact that almost all of the "Key players" are returning and we were very young at CB last year, with the experiance they were able to get last year from playing time will help alot this season.

BiggerFoot
04-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey Titans fans, this is just a question about the University of Tennessee or UT. I am a junior in HS and am considering UT for college. What are your opinions on UT campus, campus life, education, and the overall experience if any of you are grads or go to Vol games?
Thanks for the info

Titans10
04-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Hey Titans fans, this is just a question about the University of Tennessee or UT. I am a junior in HS and am considering UT for college. What are your opinions on UT campus, campus life, education, and the overall experience if any of you are grads or go to Vol games?
Thanks for the info

Well i went to school their my freshman year, so i can be of some good help.

First year you are required to live in dorms, which depending on who you get stuck with, could be bad or good, unless you know somebody going there. Overall the dorms are small, but so are most colleges. Dorms can be a lot of fun, just dont smoke weed in the rooms it can be done very risky.

Campus life is fantastic, there are always activities going on around campus...plus UT is always a top 10 party school in the nation which is the sh!t. weekends during football season are some of the craziest experiances you will ever have if you like to party. Sports in Knoxville are the almost the best in the nation, with football, basketball(mens and womens) plus the baseball team is good. The best thing about knoxville is definatly game day, you get Shithoused and go to Neyland Stadium with 106,000 fans to watch the best football in the nation, NOTHING beats that trust me.

The education is very good, its the top public college in the state and one of the top 40 in the nation. The business and nursing programs are some of the best in the nation

The overall campus is kind of ugly, it is pretty much a concrete city, built on steep hills

The overall experiance was fantastic. If you go there you will love it.

Just dont party to much and miss class, it will cost you

if you have anymore questions you can pm me

Pit Bull #53
04-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Sounds like the Vols are having OL and WR trouble during spring ball. Pretty much knew the WR's were gonna be bad unless the recruits step up. Taylor, Hancock, Briscoe, Rogers, and Shelley could be solid, but I don't know if they can be gamebreakers. Hopefully Kenny O'Neal, Vinson and Gerald Jones or Ahmad Paige can step in a make some noise. O'Neal and Vinson are fast as blazes, Jones has great agility and cutting ability with good speed, and Paige is tall and lanky.

OL just isn't gettin it done. Knew it would be a lil bit of a problem with Sears moving on, leaving a hole at LT. Still not sure who's gonna fill that. I read earlier that Eric Young might...he was our starting RT last year. Chris Scotts an option too. I was really hoping the interior OL would shape up with guys getting older and stronger. McNeil should be fine at center, but our OGs need to get it done.

I'll pick my breakout players this year as:

Arian Foster on offense. He's bigger, stronger and faster now. Up to 225 solid pounds and by all accounts, is more explosive than he's been since he got here at Tennessee. He seems to be very determined to shine.

Xavier Mitchell on defense. Chavis said he's had the best spring that any DE has had around here in a long time, so that's a good sign. He played well last year despite average numbers. I think he can be as good as Parys Haralson was. I almost picked Rico McCoy here. He's a wildman playmaker. Hoping he starts at WLB. When he came in against Vandy last year he was amazing.

BiggerFoot
04-10-2007, 10:19 PM
haha thanks for the info pitbull it was much appreciated

smittyjs
04-21-2007, 11:40 AM
:eek: Just got the NFL channel in my room :), also i should have on demand up today, in which you can wathc old titans games, The do a different GOW of the week every week. This week it is the Titans and Ravens 2003 playoff game. SWETTTTTTTTTTT

stephenson86
04-21-2007, 02:12 PM
:eek: Just got the NFL channel in my room :), also i should have on demand up today, in which you can wathc old titans games, The do a different GOW of the week every week. This week it is the Titans and Ravens 2003 playoff game. SWETTTTTTTTTTT

FUCKKKKKKK THATS MY FAVOURITE GAME OF ALL TIME

GARY ANDERSON IS A GOD

Pit Bull #53
05-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Time to bring this back, hahaha

http://homepage.mac.com/ilincoln/adamsfamily.jpg

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/adamsfam.jpg

stephenson86
05-03-2007, 08:41 AM
the second one is amazing

Forzy
05-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Haha **** Pacman cracks me up on that second one.

TitanHope
05-20-2007, 09:05 PM
I just got back from my school trip to New York City. I had a blast, but its good to be back!

aNYtitan
05-20-2007, 11:05 PM
I just got back from my school trip to New York City. I had a blast, but its good to be back!

Where did you go in the city? If they let you roam around, its a great city to be in if you never have

TitanHope
05-21-2007, 02:02 PM
This was my second trip to NYC. We basically stayed on Manhattan in a hotel on East 39th street...I forget the name...Murray Hills East hotel? Or something like that... We did all the tourist things. Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Times Square, Grand Central Terminal, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and saw The Lion King on Broadway. We saw Avril Lavigne(sp?) play live in Times Square for Jimmy Kimmel Live, which was cool. And a bunch of my friends got stuck in an elevator at the ESPN Zone, which I personally found hilarious...they disagreed. We also took a ferry and bus tour, which I fell asleep on my girlfriend's shoulder on (A lot of walking + Waking up very early = Me very tired). We didn't have much freedom to roam around, but aside from that, it was a lot of fun. I'm wanting to go back again.

aNYtitan
05-21-2007, 02:58 PM
This was my second trip to NYC. We basically stayed on Manhattan in a hotel on East 39th street...I forget the name...Murray Hills East hotel? Or something like that... We did all the tourist things. Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Times Square, Grand Central Terminal, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and saw The Lion King on Broadway. We saw Avril Lavigne(sp?) play live in Times Square for Jimmy Kimmel Live, which was cool. And a bunch of my friends got stuck in an elevator at the ESPN Zone, which I personally found hilarious...they disagreed. We also took a ferry and bus tour, which I fell asleep on my girlfriend's shoulder on (A lot of walking + Waking up very early = Me very tired). We didn't have much freedom to roam around, but aside from that, it was a lot of fun. I'm wanting to go back again.

If you could go back you should, there is a bunch of little places to go to that have the best things(food, entertainment, shopping) and it aint necesairally mainstream in the city. And yup, u do alot of walking in the city if you do all the tourist things.

stephenson86
05-21-2007, 06:34 PM
i went to new york in 99, beautiful place

Titans10
05-24-2007, 03:31 PM
dont know if anyone cares, but the Nashville Predators were sold and im really pissed about it because they will probably be leaving town :(

that means i will no longer have a team to root for

smittyjs
06-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Went to my first AFL game last weekend, Kats won 57 to 54 against Grand Rapids, LOL there starting QB was Adrian mcPherson, the same guy that sued the Titans last year for getting ran over by or Mascot.....LOL

TitanHope
06-28-2007, 08:40 PM
I never paid much attention to hockey, but I tried to keep track of the Preds the best I could.

McPhearson was a very good QB in the AFL, but entered the draft a few years back. I'm guessing he'd rather be a starter in the AFL then a 3rd string QB in the NFL.

Speaking of other sporting news, the Grizzlies just drafted Mike Conley Jr., Point Guard out of Ohio State. This is a great pick, especially since PG and C may be the most important positions in basketball, but compared to Oden and Durant, it seems like a settlement.

Cashmoney
06-29-2007, 03:33 PM
I wanted Brewer, but i dont know the positions of need for the grizz

islandboy843
06-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Most of yall live in Tenn right?

Cashmoney
06-30-2007, 12:42 AM
straight outta cashville

Titans10
06-30-2007, 06:52 PM
yeah im from Franklin but i currently live in Chattanooga

TitanHope
07-01-2007, 09:27 PM
I wanted Brewer, but i dont know the positions of need for the grizz

They're great offensively, horrible defensively. So Brewer would have been a great fit, but they invested in a Forward in last year's draft by drafting Rudy G.ay(Stupid filter). I'm not a Grizzly expert, or basketball for that matter, but Mike Conley Jr. was the best PG in the draft and I guess he's an upgrade over Stoudamire.

MicktheGreat
07-02-2007, 01:24 AM
They're great offensively, horrible defensively. So Brewer would have been a great fit, but they invested in a Forward in last year's draft by drafting Rudy G.ay(Stupid filter). I'm not a Grizzly expert, or basketball for that matter, but Mike Conley Jr. was the best PG in the draft and I guess he's an upgrade over Stoudamire.

If we can somehow manage to keep Gasol (he was involved in lots of trade-talk last season and seemed unhappy), then we could have a pretty decent offensive core with Gasol, Conley, and Miller.

The problem is that the Grizzlies are still terrible down-low for the most part. Other than Gasol, nobody on our team rebounds worth a crap. I'd love it if the Grizzlies went out and signed a rebounding/defensive type of low-post player. Probably won't happen though...

Titans10
07-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Grizz suck and so does the NBA(my 2 cents)

smittyjs
07-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Most of yall live in Tenn right?Hendersonville

TitanHope
07-10-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm not a HUGE basketball fan, but I do my best. Its not as big of part of my life as football, but its the solid #2. I dunno if the Grizzlies are my favorite team either, but I'm a TN homer so I like 'em.

And you're right, Mick. When Pao Gasol is your only post presence, you're not looking too great.

Pit Bull #53
08-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Looks like the starting lineups are set for the Cal game. Worried about our WR situation. O'Neal and Vinson have apparently been unimpressive and neither are in the 6 deep lineup. Can't wait for the game

TitanHope
08-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Could you give a link for a website that has the lineups, Pit Bull? And where online do you go to learn/discuss about the Vols?

Pit Bull #53
08-23-2007, 12:30 PM
www.volnation.com/forum (http://www.volnation.com/forums)

Pit Bull #53
08-23-2007, 10:50 PM
I think the starters will be:

QB: Erik Ainge

RB: Arian Foster

FB: ?? David Holbert is out for the year

WR: Damn, I don't know. Some mix of Austin Rogers, Lucas Taylor, Josh Briscoe, and Quintin Hancock. Hopefully eventually O'Neal, Vinson, and Gerald Jones.

TE: Chris Brown

LT: Eric Young
LG: Anthony Parker
C: Josh McNeill
RG: Chris Scott
RT: Ramon Foster

DE: Xavier Mitchell
DT: JT Mapu
DT: Demonte Bolden
DE: Antonio Reynolds

WLB: Rico McCoy
MLB: Jerod Mayo
SLB: Ryan Karl

CB: Eric Berry
FS: Jon Hefney
SS: Jarrod Parrish
CB: Either Marsalous Johnson or Antoino Gaines. I'll say Johnson

Cashmoney
08-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Senior TE Brad Cottam is gonna miss the next 2-3 months according to the tennessean. sorry if thats already been stated.

Pit Bull #53
08-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Tennessee released a depth chart today. It's basically the same as my guesses were with a couple exceptions. No FB since Holbert is out. 2 TE set will be with Chris Brown and Jeff Cottam since Brad is out for a little. Jeff is huge also. Starting WRs are listed as Austin Rogers, Josh Briscoe, and Lucas Taylor. Not too confident about that but we'll see. No one was confident about Meach, Swain and Smith last year even though they were infinitely more talented than the top 3 this year are.

Eric Berry is also listed as the backup CB behind Marsalous and Gaines. He's gonna play alot though. He's been impressive as hell during practices and scrimmages.

Coker was also reinstated to the team. He will start practice immediately but won't make the trip to Cal.

TitanHope
08-26-2007, 11:49 AM
I see many familiar names on your Depth Chart, Pit Bull. But do you know anything about the corners? I don't recognize either starters. To VolNation!

Pit Bull #53
08-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Gaines and Johnson are both smallish, 5'9 each I think. Marsalous Johnson has apparently be one of the more impressive guys during practices, I think he got the most improved award on defense this spring. Not much else to go on but that.

Eric Berry will be starting sooner rather than later anyway.

TitanHope
08-27-2007, 03:17 PM
So 3 of our starting four DB's are 5'9? I know what Hefney brings, but these other two better be faster than Moses.

Pit Bull #53
08-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Won't matter. Berry is about 6'0 195 and IS fast as hell. He'll be in alot.

TitanHope
08-27-2007, 03:41 PM
He's still a freshman... I hope he's up to speed and starting for the Florida game. We beat Cal 28-17 last year, right?

Pit Bull #53
08-27-2007, 03:56 PM
35-18

But most of their points came at the end against our backups

TitanHope
08-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah. I think EVERYONE knew it was over after the 3rd quarter.

Titans10
08-27-2007, 07:55 PM
35-18

But most of their points came at the end against our backups

Yeah I was at that game and Fulmer pulled most of the starters in the 3rd quarter...It was the biggest domination I have seen in a while. Cal looked like they got ran over by a train, they couldnt handle our size, speed and the atmosphere that day at Neyland

hope it isnt the other way around this year...im scared about the unknown this year

TitanHope
09-02-2007, 12:35 AM
45-31... *sigh*

A few things I realized:

1) Our defense definitely declined from last year. They'd miss tackles, and didn't look fast at all. Got little pressure from the front four, and the potential loss of Xavier Mitchell will make that even worse. Every where else looked average at best. If this unit doesn't improve, Tim Tebow is gonna have a field day.

2) Our secondary showed their size. They covered fairly well, especially against those WR's, aside from a pass interference penalty. But, they could not shed a block to save their lives! Add that to their poor tackling skills, and they made Forsett look like a Mack truck. Which leads me to...

3) START ERIC BERRY!!!

4) We have absolutely no play makers at WR. Taylor, Briscoe, and Rogers were ok, but there were no threats when it came to a big play. Just a 10 yard pass, and hopefully a missed tackle for an extra 5 yards. Someone better emerge or its going to be a long season. I mean, the RB was a bigger threat to score when he was receiving out of the backfield. Which also brings me to...

5) When did Ainge become Captain Checkdown?! A Piece of advice for Mr. Ainge: When its 3rd and 12, don't, for the love of everything holy, throw the ball 3 yards to your RB who's got a man covering him! I know you have little to work with when it comes to your receivers, but c'mon! You're down by two TD's! Maybe, and I know this sounds crazy, but maybe throwing the ball to someone who's past the 1st down marker, even if they're covered fairly well, has a better chance of making the 1st down than hoping your 230 pound RB can break a tackle, and then run the extra 9 yards to prolong your drive?

6) It was very unwise to punt it to Desean Jackson. If he even got a relatively good return, the crowd would be pumped up for at least 2 more possessions. Let alone score a TD on it! Way to show your arrogance and challenge him, and then wuss out the rest of the game by pooching it out of bounds.

7) Are Herbstreit and Musberger(sp?) on California's payroll? I mean, they were making the game sound like it was over after Cal's first 2 scores. Not to mention all the "Wow!"s, "What an amazing play!"'s, "The Wizard of Returns!", and any other superlative after almost every other positive play Cal produced. I never really bought into the "West Coast Bias" argument, but after seeing replay after replay of Cal plays, and all the attention paid to their players, I'm a believer.

That was sloppy playing. It was not Tennessee football. But hey, it could be worse. We could be Michigan.

smittyjs
09-02-2007, 01:26 AM
EB = BEAST!!! Great game tonight had one hell of a time.

Ewing
09-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Most of yall live in Tenn right?

Maryland. Lived here my whole life. When I first started getting into football the Oilers were my best friend's favorite team so I've stuck with them the whole time.

Pit Bull #53
09-02-2007, 12:47 PM
New year, same problems. Time for Fulmer and Chavis to go. We need new blood in our coaching staff.

Pit Bull #53
09-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Hefney looked lost out there. Mayo had a few TFL, but whiffed on a couple tackles. Ryan Karl didn't do jack ****. Tackling was terrible, and they gashed us on outside runs, especially when they faked the handoff to the FB and pitched to the RB. Bolden and Mapu got owned all night. DE's got no pass rush at all and didn't play contain, though Mitchell had a couple decent plays. We could have used Ben Martin. And yes, Eric Berry needs to be starting immediately.

Special teams are terrible just like they are every since year. Yet we still have no special teams coach after all these terrible seasons. It would have been even worse if Foster hadn't had a couple nice returns. Lincoln has a very weak kickoff leg. Every kickoff was fielded at the 15 or better, then returned to around the 40-45.

The only issue on offense appears to be crappy wide receivers. Lucas Taylor was alright, but he's not gonna command special attention. The older WR's are all average and best, and that is being kind. We DESPERATELY need the young WR's to get their asses in gear. O'Neal, Vinson, GJones, and Paige all have 10x the talent that Rogers, Taylor and Briscoe have. I thought the OL and RB's looked fine. Run blocking could have been slightly better, but it wasn't bad. Pass blocking was great.

Pro scouts will be very impressed with Ainge's command of this offense. He ran the no huddle flawlessly. No delay of game penalties, no wasted timeouts that I can remember. He was in total control and seemed mentally sharp. He was very accurate on his throws as well. He needs to work on throwing on the move. Would like to see him go deep a few more times, but I don't see the talent at WR to get deep separation consistently. We don't have a Robert Meachem. We don't even have a Jayson Swain. Not yet anyway. Chris Brown did look solid last night though. That's all I got.

TitanHope
09-02-2007, 07:28 PM
The red-zone offense was bad. No more "Wild Cat"-esque formations involving Lucas Taylor; I'd like to see Eric Berry in his role.

The reason Fulmer has kept his job thing long is because of his recruiting abilities. I think Chavis and Cutcliffe are excellent coordinators. No one should be fired after this. It'd sad that the posters on Volnation are calling for Fulmer's head. It was poor execution by our inexperienced players, and none of our experienced players stepped up. The coaching was poor at times, but I'm putting the blame on the player's shoulders.

Pit Bull #53
09-02-2007, 07:49 PM
No one is calling for his head after this game that wasn't doing the exact same thing after the 05 season. What good is great recruiting if the players aren't being developed? Where has this great recruiting gotten us the past handful of years? How many SEC titles have we won?

TitanHope
09-02-2007, 11:27 PM
You're right. We heven't won a SEC Championship since '98, which is when we won the National Championship. But its not like we haven't been successful. Not to mention we have Georgia and Florida to contend with, just to win the East! And I think the players are being developed pretty well. We send player after player into the NFL. I don't think development is an issue. If not winning the SEC every year is blamed on under-development, then that must mean most coaches suck. Because lets face it. Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida think they'll win the East every year, and the same with LSU, Alabama, and Auburn in the West. Not to mention the other teams on national scene. But, obviously, one team will win it and the others don't. You win some and you lose some. We beat Cal last year, and they beat us this year. That's football. The only issue I have with Fulmer is his motivation skills. He just doesn't seem to get the players motivated. That's the biggest factor in why we lose the big games, in my opinion. When Joe Paterno is leading a pep rally for Penn St., what is Fulmer doin? Leading his spirited speeches of, "We gotta go beat the heck out of that team!" or "Lets go play Tennessee football!"

I like Fulmer, Cutcliffe, and Chavis. We tried new blood, and it led to a 5-6 season. I just don't see any obvious upgrades to our coaching staff that could be available next year. Who would you like to hire to replace what we already have, Pit Bull?

Pit Bull #53
09-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Jarrod Parrish and JT Mapu have been benched.

Dan Williams will be taking Mapu's place at DT next to Bolden, and taking Parrish's spot at SS will be......................

Eric Berry :)

TitanHope
09-04-2007, 06:00 PM
...can't say that I'm ecstatic about him being the SS, but at least he's on the field. I just hope he improves the defense.

I don't know nuttin' about Dan Williams...

Pit Bull #53
09-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Berry played safety in high school. That's where he primarily played against Cal the other night. We always have our DBs learn multiple positions. Jason Allen did it. Hefney did it.

As long as he's on the field, it's a good thing.

TitanHope
09-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Can't argue about any of that. I actually think M. Johnson played well. Coverage didn't bother me. Tackling did. But Berry seemed like he was in on almost every tackle, so hopefully he'll bolster the defense...Man, we have a small secondary...

TitanHope
09-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I listened to the Vols game over the radio. Well, I had something to go to so I missed the 2nd Qtr and part of the 3rd. We started out slow, then dominated in the 2nd half. Not unusaul I guess. I can't wait to watch a re-airing of it.

Pit Bull #53
09-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Berry will start at CB this week I bet. All signs point to it anyway.

Can't wait until Ben Martin gets healthy. He's gonna be a force rushing the QB.

TitanHope
09-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Motha' truckin' Tim Tebow...

Pit Bull #53
09-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Still have the same opinion of Fulmer and Chavis? Cause I sure do.

TitanHope
09-15-2007, 06:34 PM
I'll post my thoughts on the game later on tonight. About to leave, and if I get started, I'm not gonna stop... The team should feel bad about themselves, and Fulmer should be thinking about his future without the University of Tennessee.

TitanHope
09-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Well, I think I'm coming to the dark side.

This is the second game this season that our defense looked horrible. I think we gave up over 550 yards on defense? Thats inexcusable, no matter how good the opponent. The players looked like they had no clue about what they needed to do. Tebow had no trouble at all torching us whether through the air or with his feet. All he had to do was dip his shoulder, and he could bomb it to whoever he wanted. That's pathetic.

As for offense, so much for the "best offensive line in recent memory," according to Fulmer. 38 yards net rushing? Against a D-Line that struggles against the run? Thats not good. Not to mention, we never tried to establish the run. I mean, did we have an offensive game plan? Arian Foster looked bad...he played great his freshman year, but since then, I've not been impressed. Too slow, and thinks he can make spin moves and dodge tacklers. And Ainge needs to get over this finger... I actually think sitting him out of the Arkansas St. game and letting Crompton play will be a good idea. Its a game we can win without him, and we have a bye week afterwards. That gives him 3 weeks to heal.

And for Fulmer, I think he may be gone after this year. The California game wasn't a big loss, to me. It was a vengeance game for them, and our guys didn't want it as badly as they did. But with the Florida blowout, we're 1-2 and we have just started SEC play. We could very well lose to Georgia(Home), 'Bama(Away), South Carolina(Home), Arkansas(Home), and Kentucky(Away). Thats 5 possible losses, though they are very winable, we could lose with the way we've played defense. Not to mention, Fulmer only has a .600 or so winning percentage in the 2000's. I don't think he's a bad coach, but a change is needed. And if we do make that change, I'd totally be for getting a young, offensive minded HC. Try to bring more quality skill players here. I know our bread and butter is a good defense and running game, but how well has that worked for us? And look at the past SEC and National Champions? Yeah...for once I'd like us to put up 50+ against an opponent that we're supposed to smash, instead of a 21-10 game.

Also, I miss Robert Meachem!!! :(

Pit Bull #53
09-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Fulmer is 26-26 against current SEC coaches. Settling for mediocrity.

I'd love to get an innovative offensive mind. I'd love for us to get a coach that uses the spread offense.

Our version of "innovative" is using the no-huddle. Which is fine, but when we have no wide receivers that can get separation deep, then no one is gonna respect it.

Pit Bull #53
09-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Want to see something alarming? Copied this from another post:

Fulmer is 15-14 for the last 29. He's 26-26 against current SEC coaches, 1-4 against his last 5 ranked teams, 4-15 against his last 19 SEC teams with winning records, and 2-5 in bowl games with all losses being by double digits.

Let that sink in.

Cashmoney
09-16-2007, 10:47 PM
fat phil has got to go. ive never been more embaraassed. im with you guys on the young innovative head coach. who are some guys that you all would suggest as replacements? boise states coach? rutgers coach? idk. one guy i think we should kind of ask in secret maybe would be bob stoops. i mean tennessee has got to be an upgrade in terms of living area over oklahoma right?

TitanHope
09-17-2007, 12:35 PM
That, or wait until Bobby Petrino bombs with Atlanta...

TitanHope
09-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Here's a good article about Fulmer and the possible coaching situation. (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/sep/20/hes-got-to-go/)

You think that the University of Tennessee could somehow pry Norm Chow from the Titans? Or am I speaking heresy for think that my favorite college team should take a great coach from my favorite professional team?

Eh, I don't even know anymore. One week I'm fine with our offense, and the next I'm frustrated with it. I remember when we went with Randy Shannan as our OC, and we sucked. Then we bring back Cutcliffe, and our offense can score. But ball control offense doesn't work if the defense sucks and the special teams blows. And the fact the Fulmer and Cutcliffe are sticking to it is frustrating me. But I could only listen to the game on the radio, and half the time I actually didn't care. I instead talked on the phone for an hour during the second half cause I wasn't interested. And I love football and hate talking on the phone. So I dunno how well it went or what the play calling was. Ugh...just some creativity and adaptation the coaching staff would do wonders for this team. As of right now, I have no confidence in it or the staff.

I'd love for us to get a coach that uses the spread offense.

Is the "spread offense" you're referring to the "spread-option offense," Pit Bull? I don't want to hire a coach that runs the option offense, for some reason.

Cashmoney
09-23-2007, 07:52 PM
the name i keep hearing pop up in the replacement of fulmer is jon gruden, but one i thought of earlier today, how about steve mariucci? he's kinda of an offensive guru and a pretty young guy. plus he seems like he'd be a very good college coach.

Cashmoney
09-26-2007, 01:18 AM
also, do any of you guys have a favorite nfl team besides the titans. the titans are definitely my favorite team but before we got the titans i was always a cowboys fan, and i still am to this day they are just my second favorite.

Pit Bull #53
09-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Not really any others in the pros. I guess if I had to pick one, I like the Broncos alright.

In college I always like to see Oklahoma win. Also love watching West Virginia play, but that's mainly just because of Slaton and White and not the actual team.

TitanHope
09-26-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm very much a Titans homer. But, I do have other teams that I like, and they chance every year. I play a lot of fantasy football too, so I get interested in other teams too.

I have a good friend who is a Hurricane Katrina refugee, and he's a big Saints/LSU fan. So I root for them, especially now that they drafted Meachem. I rooted for Al Wilson and the Broncos the year Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl. I love Chad Johnson, so I watch the Bengals when I can. I also like Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning, so the Colts are tolerable. ;) I like Tomlinson too, but kinda neutral the Chargers.

I guess I like teams based on the players I like. I think I can say that even if I didn't live in Tennessee, I would still be a Titans fan based on Vince Young.

Titans10
09-26-2007, 11:51 PM
also, do any of you guys have a favorite nfl team besides the titans.

Broncos

just because they drafted Cutler, Im a huge Vandy fan

Pit Bull #53
09-27-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm very much a Titans homer. But, I do have other teams that I like, and they chance every year. I play a lot of fantasy football too, so I get interested in other teams too.

I have a good friend who is a Hurricane Katrina refugee, and he's a big Saints/LSU fan. So I root for them, especially now that they drafted Meachem. I rooted for Al Wilson and the Broncos the year Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl. I love Chad Johnson, so I watch the Bengals when I can. I also like Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning, so the Colts are tolerable. ;) I like Tomlinson too, but kinda neutral the Chargers.

I guess I like teams based on the players I like. I think I can say that even if I didn't live in Tennessee, I would still be a Titans fan based on Vince Young.

MANNING?! :eek:

TitanHope
09-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Yup. He's a Vol, after all. Him and Dungy are why I don't hate the Colts with a passion. Which gives me more hate to expend on the Jags and Texans. ;)

Ewing
09-27-2007, 05:45 PM
also, do any of you guys have a favorite nfl team besides the titans.

The Lions because I enjoy watching trainwrecks. No matter what that team does they'll never be above .500 and it's hilarious. If they ever make the playoffs I'll probably caring but until then it's a blast.

Pit Bull #53
10-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Very good article here on the Vols and their problems:

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2007/oct/05/pennington-former-players-have-concerns/

TitanHope
10-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Well, the Vols aren't very problematic today!

Pit Bull #53
10-06-2007, 08:18 PM
CBS' HD channels freakin blow chunks. I was watchin the game today on a 52" Samsung 1080p and it was blurry as hell. Switch it to something like ESPN HD and it was crystal clear.

TitanHope
10-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Fuzzy or no fuzzy, we stomped the Bulldogs! And if Florida loses, both Georgia and Florida will have 2 SEC losses. And Georgia and Florida still play each other, and Tennessee has played both teams.

TitanHope
10-10-2007, 01:08 AM
I posted a Mock in the Mock Draft forum. I picked Malcolm Kelly for the Titans. Earl Bennett was off the board (Sorry smitty) and I picked Kelly over Jonathan Stewart (Sorry Steph).

TitanHope
10-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Tennessee 33, Miss. St. 21. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore;_ylt=ApXETm1x176n.V2sThRRQfYcvrYF?gid=200 710130078) It wasn't televised, so I have no real info aside from stats.

Scoring Leaders:

E. Ainge: 22-36 for 255 yds, 61.1% comp., 2 TD 1 INT
A. Foster: 22 rushes for 140 yds, 6.4 avg, 1 TD
L. Taylor: 11 catches for 187 yds, 17.0 avg, 1 TD

Chris Brown also had a TD catch. And Vandy is currently taking it to Georgia.

Pit Bull #53
10-13-2007, 10:54 PM
I watched it. Defense was TERRIBLE in the 1st half. We couldn't tackle for ****. Did much better in the 2nd, but they still moved the ball somewhat.

Offense looked good. Ainge was sharp and the INT was on a play where the WR and DB were 1 on 1 and he just threw a fade route and the DB outjumped the WR.

Austin Rogers is a bum. He dropped a TD pass where there was noone within 5 yards of him. Hit him right between the numbers. He is terrible at catching the ball. Multiple drops every week it seems.

TitanHope
10-20-2007, 02:48 PM
17-41... I feel sick...

Ewing
10-20-2007, 05:12 PM
I posted a Mock in the Mock Draft forum. I picked Malcolm Kelly for the Titans. Earl Bennett was off the board (Sorry smitty) and I picked Kelly over Jonathan Stewart (Sorry Steph).

I'd cut off one of my toes if we could get Jonathan Stewart. Enough of LenWhale. We can use Henry as a punt returner.

TitanHope
10-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Where is Ben Martin? Tennessee's front 4 can't get a pass rush to save their lives...

Pit Bull #53
10-27-2007, 09:24 PM
The pass rush isn't great, but right now the biggest problem is the pass coverage. And it doesn't help that we are playing extremely soft on the outside to help cover their deficiencies which is completely backfiring.

TitanHope
10-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Pass rush and pass coverage go hand in hand. We have 2 freshmen starting in the secondary, and if the QB gets 5 seconds to throw it, they'll be successful. Vinson doesn't look like he knows what he's doing, and he's soft in his physicality and coverage.

I don't know how we won tonight...

Pit Bull #53
10-27-2007, 11:12 PM
I agree they go hand in hand but the problem tonight was the coverage. Our linebackers are useless when they drop back. Look at how many throws went to the middle of the field, then look how WIDE OPEN the middle was. Jerod Mayo looked like a damn fool on that 4th down play in the end zone. It was a blatant pass interference and we are lucky it wasn't called. He never even knew where the ball was.

And onto our corners. Big problems there. We play them 10 yards off very frequently and Blake Mitchell saw that and attacked it. Then on the occasion that we do put them up on the line in press, they get whipped. Look at the Willingham forced fumble that we recovered. The receiver ran a slant, Willingham tried to jam him and completely whiffed. Luckily he didn't give up on the play.

Another thing I noticed with our corners is that when we play them up, they bail on routes immediately. They don't even go into their backpedal. As soon as the receiver starts his route, they would turn and run which is great if the WR is running a deep route, but there is NO WAY you can stop underneath routes if you turn your hips and bail on it that quickly.

We were very lucky that our secondary wasn't exposed more than it was. Mitchell misfired on alot of throws to open WR's downfield.

Pit Bull #53
10-27-2007, 11:17 PM
By the way all of those issues that I talked about are technique related. I'll let you figure out where that comes from.

TitanHope
10-27-2007, 11:26 PM
Yeah, Chavis isn't making himself look good at all out there. I wish he was more passionate. When Auburn beat Florida, their DC was all over the sideline yelling and clapping. Whenever a positive play happened, he jump up and down and pump the defense up. Meanwhile, The Chief is relaxing on the sideline and hoping they'll be ok.

Pit Bull #53
10-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Larry Slade is terrible also.

Don't you get a lil tired of Cutcliffe's Horizontal Offense, too? I mean, he has improved Ainge since he got here, but the offensive playcalling seems awful conservative. We have to run the safest routes in the country. Everything is a 5 yard out, or a comeback, or a swing route by the HB, or even a drag route. We throw 1 fade to Lucas Taylor per game it seems.

Every aspect of our team just seems so conservative and soft it drives me insane. Conservative on offense, conservative on defense, ****** on special teams (except tonight), soft on both lines of scrimmage.

Quote of the day from Fulmer - "There won't be a letdown in this game"

Ok Phil whatever you say. I think the sign of bad coaching is that we are terrible after halftime when the other teams have a chance to adjust.

Pit Bull #53
10-27-2007, 11:36 PM
I also thought it was hilarious when after the game Phil said "The defense kept us in the game"

What the hell was he watching?

TitanHope
10-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Phil's one liners are great. I remember the comback at LSU. It was the first game back for LSU after Katrina, and the place was crazy. Ainge was cracking, so Rick Clausen was put in and he led us to a comeback. Then after the game, Fulmer was interviewed and said the Clausen leading the comback against his former team was the top story in football right now. Afterwards, commentators everywhere trashed him for not mentioning Katrina, LSU's character, or anything. Fulmer lives in his own world.

Who is Larry Slade? The DB coach? The playcalling in conservative, but it has to be. Lucas Taylor seems to be our only quality receiver, and everyone else are average at best. I don't understand why we don't hammer the ball when we have 3 quality backs. But, it's an improvement over Randy Sanders so I'm ok with it. Besides, we've put up a lot of points this year with less than stellar offensive talent. If only our defense would prevent the other team from putting up 40+.

Also, if Arian Foster fumbles on one more crucial point in a game, I'ma go crazy.

Cashmoney
10-28-2007, 01:15 AM
good lord, the vols have no place being anywhere near the SEC championship...

Pit Bull #53
10-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Montario Hardesty needs more carries. But he may have gotten injured last night cause I remember him limping off.

Cashmoney
10-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Eric Berry is our best defensive player as a freshman. just think when he's a junior or senior.

Cashmoney
11-03-2007, 12:16 AM
lamarcus coker was dismissed from the team. apparently he failed his FOURTH DRUG TEST...

TitanHope
11-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah, Coker's gone. I don't know if he failed another drug test, but he did miss his drug counseling/rehab meeting. It may have been a combo of both though.

It looks like Hardesty and Creer will get more carries. I love the way Hardesty runs, and I think Creer can be the big play back that Coker was.

As for the win this past Saturday, it was a good ego booster and stat padder. Arkansas will be a different story though, and frankly, I'm not looking forward to seeing our defense falling over itself while attempting to tackle Darren McFadden and Felix Jones...

Cashmoney
11-05-2007, 09:31 AM
we need to put 9 in the box against arkansas, because frankly casey dick throwing the ball doesnt scare me. anyone know if monk is back and 100%? he dominated us last year.

Cashmoney
11-05-2007, 04:06 PM
i put a mock up in the mock forum. check it out if youre curious.

Pit Bull #53
11-07-2007, 07:38 PM
God I can't wait for the college basketball regular season to start. If we don't do extremely well this year it's gonna be a huge disappointment.

TitanHope
11-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Memphis and Tennessee both in the Top 10...Gotta love it!

Pit Bull #53
11-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Played sluggish, Lofton had an off night, and we got by comfortably in the 2nd half. Need to pick up the intensity, but when we're firing on all cylinders it's gonna be tough for many teams to play 94 feet with us.

TitanHope
11-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Holy crap... We played Defense!!!

Cashmoney
11-10-2007, 04:09 PM
nice to know we can win without lofton.

Pit Bull #53
11-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Eric Berry is a baller.

Can't believe Mayo got a pick with how stiff he is in pass coverage.

TitanHope
11-10-2007, 11:15 PM
I was actually confused by that too. Not as much by an ILB catching the ball, which in itself is an accomplishment for him. But by the way he ran. His strides seemed very, very small to me...

TitanHope
11-16-2007, 06:28 AM
Joey Dorsey was a beast late night for Memphis. He had 9 points, 12 rebounds, and 5 blocks. The guy was ballin' on defense.

Also, Derrick Rose is phenomenal. Him, Dorsey, and Chris Douglas-Roberts are playing UConn tomorrow at 8:30 PM EST for the Coaches against Cancer tournament championship. Should be a good game.

The Lady Vols also beat the Lady Sooners. It was the #1 team vs the #8 team, and we scored an impressive win.

I've yet to been able to see the mens Vols team this year... :(

Cashmoney
11-16-2007, 11:29 AM
havent the mens vols only played one game?

Pit Bull #53
11-16-2007, 11:32 AM
2...we played some cupcake division II team the other night. The first game we played against Temple was on FSN South. I watched it while I was at work.

TitanHope
11-16-2007, 09:28 PM
By the way, Parys Haralson is starting at OLB for the 49ers. I saw him on Monday Night, and he played well. He had a roughing the passer penalty, but other than that he held his own. It was cool to see what had happened to him after graduation from UT.

Pit Bull #53
11-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Haralson was my favorite player on that whole 05 Vols team.

Pit Bull #53
11-16-2007, 10:03 PM
And yet again this year we can't shoot FT's for ****

Pit Bull #53
11-17-2007, 07:48 PM
I ******* hate our offense gameplans. Cutcliffe tries to get so cute with his playcalling and it just pisses me off to no end. Look at Arian Foster's numbers this year. Look at his game by game breakdown. With the exception of 2 games or so, you will notice 1 reason why he doesn't put up big yardage. WE DON'T RUN THE BALL ENOUGH.

vs. Cal - 6.8 YPC and he gets 13 carries
vs. Ark St. - 4.8 YPC and he gets 12 carries
vs. Georgia - 5.8 YPC and he gets 17 carries
vs. Alabama - 7.0 YPC and he gets 13 carries
vs. Arkansas - 6.4 YPC and he gets 13 carries

He's only had 20 or more carries 3 times this year.

Instead we are content with throwing these stupid ass bubble screens to our WRs that NEVER work, 3 yard outs, and little flares to the TEs.

Sorry...I am glad that we won, but this just pisses me off and we continue to do it week after week. I know Foster has his shortcomings, mainly ball security, but he is a workhorse and has the big body to take a pounding, so why the hell do we not pound the rock with him?

I like Cut as a QB coach, but I hate him as a playcaller

TitanHope
11-17-2007, 08:16 PM
I remember the '05 season. I loved Haralson then too, as well as the rest of the defense. They played outstanding, but the offense was terrible. Randy Sanders tried to get fancy, and it cost him his job. I don't think Cutcliffe will get fired easily, but he needs to learn from the past.

I'm glad that we won, but it should have been better. Vanderbilt is a good team, and has a great defense. But our team knows that if we win, we go to the SEC Championship. If we lose, there goes the season. I didn't watch the game, but they should have played their hearts out and won handily.

I'm not a huge Foster fan, especially due to him fumbling in crucial situations. But he can play, and finds a way into the endzone. Thankfully, Kentucky is awful against the run. Hopefully Foster and Hardesty and pound it, and Creer can be the big play guy. We should have a productive day, but it depends on if the Volunteer team that played Georgia and Arkansas shows up, or the Vols team that played Alabama, South Carolina, and Vandy shows up.

Pit Bull #53
11-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Don't get your hopes up. We will throw the ball 45 times, 50% of those being WR screens or some route approximately 5 yards away from the LOS.

Cutcliffe hasn't shown me that he knows HOW to commit to the run.

TitanHope
11-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Hey, if we win then I won't be complaining. Heh, if you asked me after the Florida game that we'd have a shot at the SEC Championship with one game left, I would have laughed...

Pit Bull #53
11-18-2007, 11:24 AM
I will be happy as hell too.

This is just something that I can't stand. You see Foster or Hardesty out there getting 5 or 6 yards per pop, then on the very next series, Cutcliffe sends them out in their cute little no huddle with 4 wides and an empty backfield.

Currently our offensive identity is that we are a bunch of pussyfooters.

Pit Bull #53
11-24-2007, 06:00 PM
What a boring game

TitanHope
11-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Well, I didn't watch the 2nd Half cuz I went to the movies, but it appears that I missed a good one. It shouldn't have been that hard, but as I said, at least we won.

Honestly, who would have thought we'd make the SEC Championship at the beginning of the season?

TitanHope
12-01-2007, 12:26 AM
SEC Championship tomorrow! I'm not sleeping tonight...unless I get tired at like 5 AM...then I'll probably sleep...but it will be a sleep of excitement!

Pit Bull #53
12-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Thank God we are rid of that chokejob QB for good. That game basically sums up his career. The bigger the game, the shittier the Ainge.

TitanHope
12-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Basically. LSU has a great DEF, but we were the better team for 3 QTR's. Then Ainge gave it away on two different occasions. It's a shame, but I think LSU with Dorsey, Flynn, and Doucet, all of which were injured for all of or a big bulk of the game, are the better team. Just getting to the SEC Champ was an accomplishment, and I didn't see it coming at the beginning of the year. Without Ainge, we wouldn't have come close.

The question now is who's the QB next season? Crompton? I hope we manage to land Terrelle Pryor, a 5-star Dual-Threat QB and also a 5-star basketball recruit as well.

TitanHope
12-03-2007, 03:53 PM
The Vols accepted the bid for the Outback Bowl vs Wisconsin.

Cashmoney
12-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Hopefully we can we it this year.

TitanHope
12-03-2007, 10:06 PM
P.J. Hill will be tough. Penn State had a big RB last year, and he tore us up.

TitanHope
12-08-2007, 11:58 PM
The Championship Subdivision National Championship game in Chattanooga, TN is this Saturday! Its Appalachian St. vs Delaware. I'm going, and it looks like it could be a good game. We all know about Appy St.'s Armanti Edwards, Dexter Jackson, and Kerry Brown. I also really like Cory Lynch, their SS. But Delaware also has Joe Flacco, who is a legit NFL QB prospect. He's a 6'6 pocket passer who can make all the throws, but had to transfer from Pittsburgh. He should be fun to watch in person, and so should the rest of the game.

Last year it was UMass and Appy St. A conglomerate of rednecks and yankees, and it was entertaining. The Appy fans were in their camo with painted faces screaming the entire game, and the UMass fans sat quietly the entire time while the men would occasionally yell and clap when their team did something good. The Appy fans were almost as entertaining as the fans, so I expect the same things this year. :)

So, are any of you guys coming by any chance?

Pit Bull #53
12-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Looks like Cutcliffe is expected to take the HC gig at Duke. I for one am glad that he won't be our OC anymore if he takes the job. I like him as a QB developer, but as you probably already know...I freaking HATE the design of our offense. Hate hate hate hate hate it. That short dink and dunk **** pisses me off to no end. I hate the fact that we throw bubble screens to our WR's 5 times per game, I hate the fact that the main route we have our WR's run is a 5 yard out, and I hate the fact that we completely abandon the running game when it is averaging 5-7 yards a pop just so we can go no huddle, empty backfield with 5 wides, throw a screen to one of them and let him run behind our other WR's that can't block for crap.

/rant

Cashmoney
12-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Duke??? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That'll probably be the end of his career.

TitanHope
12-20-2007, 04:52 AM
Also, Trooper Taylor is in the running for Offensive Coordinator position at Baylor, his alma mater.

I really, really, REALLY hope Troop doesn't leave... He's our best recruiter, and is important to the players. You guys think he could be the OC at Tennessee?

Cashmoney
12-20-2007, 12:25 PM
why not? most of our coaching positions are inbred anyway. there probably going to give it to someone alread within the program so troop makes sense to muah

Pit Bull #53
12-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Troop has already agreed to go to OK St.

I would have been really disappointed if we would have made him our OC. We can do ALOT better than Trooper Taylor as an OC. I like him as a position coach though. Get someone at OC who is proven.

TitanHope
12-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Ok, so who's returning next season from the offensive coaching staff? We lost our coordinator and best recruiter now, and I'm not seeing much of a silver lining...

Pit Bull #53
12-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Change isn't always bad. What did we ever accomplish with them as coaches?

TitanHope
12-20-2007, 08:57 PM
I think they were successful. There's a reason why Cutcliffe is heading into his 2nd HC job after being a coordinator at UT, and why Taylor is upgrading to OK. St.'s OC.

Cashmoney
12-21-2007, 01:16 AM
rico mccoy declared academically ineligble for the bowl game.

TitanHope
12-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Yup, Rico McCoy and DeMonte Bolden may be ruled inelligible when Fall Semester grades come out.

If thats the case, and P.J. Hill plays...well, prepare for a long day...

TitanHope
12-21-2007, 06:31 PM
1,000 posts!

*dances*

Cashmoney
12-21-2007, 06:32 PM
im tired of these lame ass talented players that dont care about the school part and their talent ends up getting wasted. see demetrice morley

Pit Bull #53
12-21-2007, 08:36 PM
More than that. Bolden, McCoy, Chris Donald, Kenny O'Neal, Lucas Taylor, and Ricardo Kemp are out.

Cashmoney
12-21-2007, 08:40 PM
glad I picked wisconsin in my bowl picks

Cashmoney
01-01-2008, 01:01 PM
new year, same story. the vols are ******* up.

Pit Bull #53
01-07-2008, 08:59 PM
D Morley has raised his grades and re-enrolled at UT. Looks like he's gonna be back on the field come next year.

Cashmoney
01-07-2008, 11:42 PM
D Morley has raised his grades and re-enrolled at UT. Looks like he's gonna be back on the field come next year.

Holy crap thats good news. With Hefney, and Mayo now leaving we could really use some defensive help. I hope Bolden, Chris Donald, and Rico McCoy all get their grades back up as well.

Cashmoney
01-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Found a link that says Ryan Mallett is considering Tennessee as a transfer option and that Tennessee might hire michigans former O-coordinator.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/01/09/michigan.exodux.ap/index.html

TitanHope
01-10-2008, 06:28 PM
A bundle of sources (WRCB-NBC affiliate in Chatt. (http://www.wrcbtv.com/news/index.cfm?sid=1982) and CSTV (http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/011008aay.html)) have stated that Dave Clawson, former HC for the Richmond Spiders, has accepted the OC position for the Vols. Clawson took an 0-12 and turned it into a 10-3 team in 3 years, and took a 3-8 team to a 9-4 team. This past year, he took Richmond into the FCS Playoffs, but lost to Appy St., who eventually won the 'Ship.

Richmond averaged 35 points a game, and seems to be run oriented. I don't know much else about Clawson, though...

Also, Stan Drayton has been hired as the RB Coach. We stole him from Florida, where he was the RB Coach too. Check this out too:

Drayton was named one of the nation’s top 25 recruiters in the nation in 2007 by Rivals.com after the Florida signing class was ranked No. 1 in the country by multiple media outlets.

:D

Pit Bull #53
01-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Love the fact that we are bringing in new, young blood to the coaching staff and not going with the safe boring hires.

TitanHope
01-20-2008, 09:00 PM
So with Morley back on the team, I assume we switch Berry to FS and place Morley back at SS? I'm kinda worried about that, as Berry is so good at the LOS. Not that it matters. As long as he's on the field, Berry can make a play.

Cashmoney
01-21-2008, 01:45 PM
So is Chris Donald going to be ready to step in and play next year since Mayo is leaving? And if he does step in, what's our starting LBs going to look like?
Starting Defense =
DE- Wes Brown, Robert Ayers
DT- Demonte Bolden, Dan Williams
LB- Rico McCoy, Ellix Wilson, Chris Donald?
CB- Bret Vinson, Marsalous Johnson?
S- Eric Berry, Demetrice Morley

Titans10
01-29-2008, 12:36 AM
who is going to be qb next year for the Vols?

Cashmoney
01-29-2008, 02:25 AM
who is going to be qb next year for the Vols?

I thought it was going to be crompton but who knows...

Cashmoney
02-06-2008, 09:59 PM
The vols really sucked it up in recruiting this year.

TitanHope
02-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Recruiting is more about needs than it is about ranking. I mean, yeah we could be Miami and picked up the top 7 OLB's in the class, but whats the point? We had an outstanding year last year, and have pieces in place for the next two seasons. One poor class won't hurt, especially considering the poor showing was due to only having a partial coaching staff. We're always solid in recruiting. This year was just a fluke due to coaching changes.

Cashmoney
02-06-2008, 11:34 PM
I know. I just don't want it to become habit.

Cashmoney
02-20-2008, 01:45 PM
#1 Memphis vs #2 Tennessee this weekend. Whos everyone got? Ill go Memphis by 5 only since theyre at home.

Cashmoney
02-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Tough break for the preds last night. I still havent been to a game this year but hopefully i will soon.

TitanHope
02-23-2008, 01:35 PM
This one game where I'm truly in the mindset of, "Just hopin' for a clean game with no injuries." I'm a Tigers and Vols fan, so I'm just hoping for a fun game.

As for who wins, I dunno. Tigers probably have a bit better starting talent, but Vols are a bit deeper. I give Memphis the edge, as they're home in the FedEx Forum. I used to live in Memphis, and still go back regularly, and let me tell you, they treat the Tigers as their pro team and the Grizzlies as their college team. If you go to a Grizzlies game, you'll see just as many guys in Memphis Tigers hats as you'll see people in Rudy "Gizay", Brad Miller, or their old Pau Gasol jersies. They love their team, and that arena will be rocking. For the Vols to have a chance to win tonight, they need Chris Lofton to have an outstanding game and need someone, whether Chism or Williams, to be able to hold up Joey Dorsey on both offensive and defensive ends. If the Vols get Dorsey in foul trouble, they'll be in great shape as Memphis is a different team with Dorsey on the bench. Nevertheless, it should be a great game.

Cashmoney
02-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Yea, im not a memphis fan so im definitely rooting for the vols, but I feel like Memphis will win it.

Cashmoney
02-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Go vols! only down one at the half! Bruce pearl definitely groped erin andrews too. He is my hero.

Cashmoney
02-23-2008, 10:28 PM
I cant believe the vols won while jujuan smith and chris lofton pretty much did zip on offense in this game.

TitanHope
02-24-2008, 01:18 AM
Yup, great game. Found out I'm a bigger Vols basketball fan when I jumped up after Tyler Smith made that GW jumper. :)

Cashmoney
02-25-2008, 09:13 PM
How ya'll like the new sig?

TitanHope
02-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Looks awesome bro! Big pimpin' for cashmoney! ;)

Staubach12
02-25-2008, 10:06 PM
That was one hell of a game the other night. I really didn't think UT would pull it out...

Cashmoney
02-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Staubach, I know youre not a Titans fan, but are you a UT fan perhaps?

smittyjs
02-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Hell yeah, Vandy beat UT,, i'm lovin it :)..

TitanHope
02-27-2008, 01:19 AM
Vandy got lucky. You could tell that UT was still fatigued from the Memphis game, and the game was still close. But I don't want to take anything away from Vandy. Kudos to them. Shan Foster is a great player.

#1 for 29 hours! w00t!!!

Cashmoney
02-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Figures they would lose right after I get my Bruce Pearl sig...

Cashmoney
03-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Tennessee is taking it to Kentucky right now, 22-9. Hopefully if we kill Kentucky today we wont fall past number 3.

Cashmoney
03-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Glad to see Tennessee pull it out today. I was getting nervous.

Cashmoney
03-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Tough loss for UT today. Hope it doesn't cost em a one seed.

TitanHope
03-15-2008, 08:59 PM
No post presence, no point guard, and no defense... That'll cost us a national championship.

We should be a 2 Seed, unless Texas loses in the Big 12 Tourney. If Texas is the Big 12 champ, they'll have a win over Kansas on their resume'. North Carolina, UCLA, Memphis, and Texas are the favorites in my book.