PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl voting has begun.....

Pages : [1] 2

SeanTaylorRIP
10-13-2008, 06:07 PM
http://www.nfl.com

Who from your team do you think will make the pro bowl?

Be realistic here.

Jason Campbell-Far,far, far, far, far outside chance. Romo, Eli and Brees are locks basically with Aaron Rodgers, Kurt Warner, Donovan McNabb, and with the media maybe even Matt Ryan in front of Campbell. However if Garrard can make the pro bowl who knows. If Skins win 11 or 12 games and Campbell has say 18 TD's and 2 INT's who knows.

Clinton Portis-Great chance. Clearly the best back in the NFL right now. Leads the league in rushing by a pretty big chunk despite playing the tough part of their schedule already. Unlike Turner he seems to play even better against tough competition. Sealed the win against Dallas and rushed for over 140 against the #1 run defense in the NFL the Eagles, in Philly. 6 rushing TD's is 2nd in the NFL behind Ronnie Brown and he is the only back in the NFL to be averaging 100 yards a game. He is averaging 107 right now. 4.7 ypc.

Santana Moss-Slight chance. Could still make it with some big games but right now Fitz, Greg Jennings, Plex, Quan, TO, Roddy White, Steve Smith would all get more votes than him.

Chris Cooley-Great chance. Clearly the #2 TE in the NFC behind Witten, but no one else in the conference really comes close to him. Cooley made it last year and is pretty popular with fans across the league. He is second in the entire NFL behind Witten in receptions and yards.

Chris Samuels. Good chance. The skins staple as a pro bowler, has played at a high level since he entered the league.

London Fletcher-Slight chance. Any Rams or Bills fan will agree with me that it is an absolute shock and shame that Fletcher has never made a pro bowl in his career. He is arguably the best active player right now to never make a pro bowl. He has the most tackles of any NFL player this decade, more than Ray Ray or Urlacher or anyone else. He is 7th in the league right now in tackles and should make the pro bowl but unfortunately will probably be overlooked again.

Carlos Rogers-Slight chance. Has come back from injury and stepped his game up, but will be hard to make the pro bowl.

Laron Landry-Good chance-Should be getting recognition for what he has done so far.

Chris Horton-Small chance. His name is starting to catch on around the league. The kid is an absolute ball hawk. Tackles and blitzes like a backer, runs like a corner.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Vote Turner, Abraham, and White!

Splat
10-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Chiefs - Dustin Colquitt is the only player that has a chance but it will be hard so many great punters in the AFC.

AntoinCD
10-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Patriots

I voted for Portis and Cooley. Don't see anyone else making it. Maybe London Fletcher but that would be tough.

AntoinCD
10-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Vote Turner, Abraham, and White!

I did. Was tempted to put Ryan as well but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Go_Eagles77
10-13-2008, 06:14 PM
McNabb has a chance, possibly Juqua Parker but he is pretty unknown. Quintin Mikell should go but like Parker his is relatively unknown but he's playing lights out. Possibly Asante Samuel. Sav Rocca is one of if not the best punter in the NFL right now.

Splat
10-13-2008, 06:17 PM
I was just looking over the list an the AFC is slacking this year at RB the top 6 rushers are all NFC.

Edit: Does any one else feel it is kinda early to be voting?

Yatta!
10-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Greg Jennings, Aaron Kampman and Charles Woodson should make it for the Packers.

And yes it is ridiculously early to be voting. We're not even half way yet.

The Unseen
10-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Rashean Mathis and Josh Scobee are the only guys I can think of for the Jaguars.

Flyboy
10-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Drew Brees? Just maybe?

SeanTaylorRIP
10-13-2008, 06:19 PM
McNabb has a chance, possibly Juqua Parker but he is pretty unknown. Quintin Mikell should go but like Parker his is relatively unknown but he's playing lights out. Possibly Asante Samuel. Sav Rocca is one of if not the best punter in the NFL right now.

As a skins fan with the worst punter in the league Durant Brooks I can appreciate the importance of a punter and Rocca I think is pro bowl deserving in the NFC. But I do think Scifres is clearly the best punter in the NFL.

Draft King
10-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Michael Turner - Great Chance, lead the league in rushing yards going into Sunday and sure to continue to carry the rock.

John Abraham - Great Chance, lead the league in sacks going into Sunday, brings constant pressure despite the double-team.

Roddy White - Medium Chance, third in the league in receiving yards going to Sunday, one of the most talented young receivers in the league, he will only improve. Downside is the casual fan doesn't know his name.

Michael Boley - Small Chance, after one of the best years out of the linebackers last season, Boley is playing just above-average, and not great. He will most likely improve as the season goes on.

Hopefully one of our O-Lineman can get their name out there, they are playing great. (Sam Baker anybody?)

djp
10-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Vikings

Steve Hutchinson, Kevin Williams

in the maybe department, Chad Greenway and Antoine Winfield.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-13-2008, 06:23 PM
I did. Was tempted to put Ryan as well but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Turner, Abe, and White all deserve it. I think they make it in because people will see their stats on NFL.com and vote them in. And Ryan might have a shot now. He's been all hyped up now as the next great one leading the Falcons to 4-2 as a rookie. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in there.

The Dynasty
10-13-2008, 06:24 PM
I did the Voting earlier, I had some Homer picks such as Hutch, McKinnie, Birk, AD, Sharper, Williams Brothers, Allen, Winfield and Greenway. Out of those I think Hutchinson, Birk, AD, Pat and Kevin Get in and Winfield. Allen is possible. Also living around Buffalo i had to vote for Lynch and Edwards and couple others.

AntoinCD
10-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Vikings

Steve Hutchinson, Kevin Williams

in the maybe department, Chad Greenway and Antoine Winfield.

I'd say so far Winfield is a certainty

Malaka
10-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Giants

Eli Manning: If he keeps up the good play I think he is a lock, if he slumps or stumbles near the end of the season I do not think he gets in. If he can reach 30 TDs I think he gets in.

Brandon Jacobs: He has a very small chance but not impossible, if he keeps making highlight reels of great players like Laron Landry he can get in. If he stays consistent, keeps up his great play and does not get injured he has a shot.

Plaxico Burress: If Eli does good Burress does good as well. He will benefit from Eli, and also suffer from Eli. If Eli makes the pro bowl I think he has a very good chance of getting in, if Eli does not get in he does not get in simply put.

Chris Snee: The anchor of a very good Giants O-line, I think he gets snubbed every year but he should have been in the pro bowl at least two years now. Probably won't get in, a Cowboys will probably get in over him, he should be in though.

Justin Tuck: If he can get 10 sacks he is a lock to get in, the media hype and all that he just needs to not get inured and keep his steady production and he will be in the pro bowl.

Fred Robbins: Our best player on defense right now, he probably will get snubbed because people do not know too much about him, but he has the most sacks on our team with four. Fred Robbins is a very good pass rushing DT, who is having an excellent season.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-13-2008, 06:30 PM
If there are only 3 RB's who get in I think that Portis and Peterson based on production and media attention are close to locks so long as they don't slump or get hurt and for the last spot I would have Turner leading right now, with Gore, Marion Barber, then Jacobs following. Barber will surely get a bigger workload now with Romo hurt and Felix possibly also. My prediction at the end of the day is Portis, Peterson, and Barber making the squad. Oh yeah for Skins forgot about Mike Sellers. IMO he is the best FB in the NFL. NFL Network is recognizing him for that but pro bowl FB is random. It's basically the name people now most, Sellers probably isn't that. But if it were fair I think that Sellers and LaRon McClain would be the two FB pro bowlers in the AFC and NFC.

wicket
10-13-2008, 06:30 PM
For the Saints IMO!!!!!

Drew Brees: Our only sure fire Pro bowler

Jamaal Brown: Perhaps, is playing really good but not great.
Jahri Evans: Our only offensive lineman that should make it.
Jonathan Vilma: He has just been awesome and is getting better each week. Dont think he'll make it but he should make it.
Mike McKenzie: One of the best corners in the game, however I dont think he'll get the recognition he deserves.

Reggie Bush: Will have a chance making it as a return guy, returns to few kicks perhaps?

If Colston and Shockey had been fit all season they would stand a good chance.

Guys missing out but deserving a mention: Big Will Charles Grant Patrick Karney and Lance Moore (yes Lance Moore, he has looked awesome thusfar)

SeanTaylorRIP
10-13-2008, 06:33 PM
As solid as Lance Moore has been I would bet my car he wouldn't make the pro bowl. I could name 10+ off the top of the dome in the NFC that would make it over him.

AntoinCD
10-13-2008, 06:33 PM
For the Saints IMO!!!!!

Drew Brees: Our only sure fire Pro bowler

Jamaal Brown: Perhaps, is playing really good but not great.
Jahri Evans: Our only offensive lineman that should make it.
Jonathan Vilma: He has just been awesome and is getting better each week. Dont think he'll make it but he should make it.
Mike McKenzie: One of the best corners in the game, however I dont think he'll get the recognition he deserves.

Reggie Bush: Will have a chance making it as a return guy, returns to few kicks perhaps?

If Colston and Shockey had been fit all season they would stand a good chance.

Guys missing out but deserving a mention: Big Will Charles Grant Patrick Karney and Lance Moore (yes Lance Moore, he has looked awesome thusfar)

Moore has played well but I think mentioning him in pro bowl terms is maybe jumping the gun a little.

49ersfan_87
10-13-2008, 06:34 PM
49ers

-Frank Gore, RB. Leading the league in yards from scrimmage. He's still a stud.

-Andy Lee, P. Still a studly punter.

-Brian Jennings, LS. You all wish you had him.

Yeah...not much else. Willis has been alright but our DL is so poor that he keeps getting swallowed by Offensive Lineman.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Patrick Willis.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Also, it won't happen because he isn't a Dallas Cowboy. But Stephen Nicholas should be all over that ST player. He's made quite a few big plays for us already.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-13-2008, 06:38 PM
If there are only 3 RB's who get in I think that Portis and Peterson based on production and media attention are close to locks so long as they don't slump or get hurt and for the last spot I would have Turner leading right now, with Gore, Marion Barber, then Jacobs following. Barber will surely get a bigger workload now with Romo hurt and Felix possibly also. My prediction at the end of the day is Portis, Peterson, and Barber making the squad. Oh yeah for Skins forgot about Mike Sellers. IMO he is the best FB in the NFL. NFL Network is recognizing him for that but pro bowl FB is random. It's basically the name people now most, Sellers probably isn't that. But if it were fair I think that Sellers and LaRon McClain would be the two FB pro bowlers in the AFC and NFC.

I think Ovie Mughelli, Sellers, Greg Jones, and McClain are all very close.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-13-2008, 06:39 PM
I think Gary Stills deserves to be the ST's player for the NFC, for AFC I don't know I guess Brendan Ayanbendejo since he was the pro bowler last year.

CashmoneyDrew
10-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Titans:

Albert Haynesworth
Cortland Finnegan
Michael Griffin
Rob Bironas

Maybes:

Kyle Vanden Bosch
Tony Brown
Keith Bulluck (name recognition)
Michael Roos
Chris Johnson

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Marshall should probably get in, but 2 years ago Walker should have as well, and didn't. Then I looked at who got in over him and realised there are so many good WRs in the AFC.

Cutler has a good chance himself, I'd say with Brady being out. So far it looks like Rivers is the only lock, although Peyton might be rebounding now, and if he has any semblance of a good season voters will put him in. That leaves Cutler and, most likely, Favre. If Denver fizzles and the Jets do well, Favre might sneak in over him. If both teams fizzle, Cutler should be safe over Brett. If both teams do really well though, the NY fanbase combined with the Favre worshippers in GB might put him in(not saying everyone in GB is, but it is a demographic). I dunno though, Jay is on the front page of NFL.com for the PB thing.

EDIT: Also Clady has been lights out, but we'll need to stay hot in order for him to get recognition. Champ Bailey will get in as well.

IceKubes
10-13-2008, 06:44 PM
For the Texans:

Andre Johnson: Started off slowly but has really come on the last couple of weeks and I expect him to have his best season as a pro this year. He can really change a game.

Mario Williams: I really can't imagine a scenario where he doesn't make it this year.

Fringe guys

Kris Brown: This guys has just been near automatic since the start of last year. He is a perfect 10/10 on FGs this year.

DeMeco Ryans: He has been making some nice plays in the passing game but hasn't been in the opposing backfield as much as his first two seasons. He might make it on name recognition though (that feels weird to say about someone on the Texans).

Eric Winston: He won't make it but he has really played at a high level this year and I expect him to make a few pro bowls before his career is over.

Owen Daniels: He is such a weapon in the passing game and an underrated blocker. Hasn't found the end zone yet and it will probably keep him out of the pro bowl as well as the other fantastic TEs in the AFC but like Winston I expect he will make it one of these years.

Go_Eagles77
10-13-2008, 06:46 PM
I just realized how stacked the NFC is at DE.

The Dynasty
10-13-2008, 06:49 PM
I just realized how stacked the NFC is at DE.

Yeah I voted:

Justin Tuck
Jared Allen
Aaron Kampman

Although I completely forgot about John Abraham.

cowboyz
10-13-2008, 06:49 PM
cowboys

qb romo
wr owens
te witten
rb barber
g davis

lb ware
dt ratliff

k folk

CC.SD
10-13-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't think we'll be sending the whole committee this year, but you never know. Here are the locks.

1. Ladainian Tomlinson. Yes he will. Shut up. Yes he will. I think he's actually leading all AFC RBs in yards from scrimmage so far anyway. That's with all this "he's old", "he's hurt" shenanigans going on.

2. Philip Rivers. See my sig. He'll be selected to his 2nd pro bowl without a doubt at this rate. Maybe I'm a homer but I still think he's an MVP candidate with the way he's been hucking it, he has truly taken his game to the next level.

3. Antonio Gates. He's still racking up TDs, and like LT is getting healthier every week. He's still a monstrous threat anywhere on the field and I don't think there are two TEs in the AFC playing better than him. A pro bowl without Gates would be odd to say the least.

Guys who should go:
Quentin Jammer--flawless this season, and our best defender.
Jamal Williams--He's been rounding into form the last couple weeks and is looking dominant again.
Shaun Phillips--If he gets the sack numbers he'll be tough to keep out.
Marcus McNeill: When you start your career off with 2 PB years and play lights out in your third, it's tough to get snubbed. He's missed a couple games, but has also looked great since his return.
Kris Dielman: For my money, the roughest toughest guard in the league. I don't hold my opinion as fact though.
Mike Scifres: I've never seen a punter with so much power and yet so much accuracy when it comes to corner kicks. A true weapon.

Guys who might go but probably won't deserve it:
Antonio Cromartie: Step it up son. Deion's mentorship may have seriously screwed with his head. That said, he's still extremely deadly.
Kassim Osgood: The two time PB Gunner is in serious danger of losing his spot.

wicket
10-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Moore has played well but I think mentioning him in pro bowl terms is maybe jumping the gun a little.

I didnt wanna mention him in pro ball terms, but he is one of the most pleasant surprises for me this season and i just wanted to mention him in the awesome department ;)

BlindSite
10-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Vote Gamble, Thomas Davis and Beason both of those guys are playing awesome.

Vox Populi
10-13-2008, 07:24 PM
AFC
QB: Brett Favre, Jay Cutler, Peyton Manning
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Ronnie Brown, Ladanian Tomlinson
WR: Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Lee Evans
FB: LeRon McClain
TE: Tony Gonzalez, Owen Daniels
C: Samson Satele, Jeff Saturday
G: Derrick Dockery, Alan Faneca, Justin Smiley
T: Michael Roos, David Stewart, D'Brickshaw Ferguson
DE: Robert Mathis, Mario Williams, Haloti Ngata
DT: Albert Haynesworth, Marcus Stroud, Jamal Williams
OLB: Keith Bulluck, Thomas Howard, Derrick Johnson
ILB: Ray Lewis, Paul Posluszny
CB: Nnamdi Asomugha, Rashean Mathis, Quentin Jammer
SS: Donte Whitner
FS: Ed Reed
K: Rian Lindell
P: Brian Moorman
ST: Montell Owens
RS: Do they still have this or did I click too fast?

Brent
10-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Alex Smith! Yeah! hahahahaha... wait... [sad face].

TheBuffaloBills
10-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Does anyone want to start a campaign like the Rory Fitzpatrick all star mishap last year? For those that do not know, over 100,000 people voted for Rory Fitzpatrick, who isnt a good hockey player to go to the Allstar game.

Who would the Rory Fitzpatrick of the NFL be? They have to be on that list though.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-13-2008, 07:40 PM

Ya McNabb definately has a chance only he has to beat out Romo, Warner or Brees which will be hard considering the great seasons those guys are having. And I agree with what you said about Jaqua Parker and Quinton Mikell playing great, but like you said pretty unknown to most people. Samuel might make it because he is having a pretty good season, but people maight vote for him based solely on his name and his reputation. And for Sav Rocca, he is hands down the best punter in the league which was shown in the Eagles Cowboys game.

Strongside
10-13-2008, 07:41 PM
LaMarr Woodley and James Harrison will be the AFC's starting OLBs

Vox Populi
10-13-2008, 07:41 PM
AFC

HawkeyeFan
10-13-2008, 07:42 PM
I think Gary Stills deserves to be the ST's player for the NFC, for AFC I don't know I guess Brendan Ayanbendejo since he was the pro bowler last year.

Yeah Gary Stills is an animal.

Chris Horton definitely deserves a Pro Bowl.

He's playing insane right now.

Quietly one of my favorite players.

GB12
10-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Greg Jennings - Near Lock - Leads the NFL in receiving by 100 yards over second place. Also has 4 TDs, league leader is 5. 19.2 average, which places him 3rd among players with at least 20 catches (first is 19.8).

Charles Woodson - Near Lock - Has been one of if not the best corners this season. He leads the league in interceptions and defensive touchdowns so that can't hurt.

Aaron Kampman - Near Lock - He's one of the best DEs in the game and has been living up to that this season. He's been great against the run as always and has 6 sacks, one short of John Abraham's league leading 7. Plus we have another game against the Lions.

While it seems kind of homerish to have three listed as near locks all three are very derserving. I don't think anyone could argue against any of them. I'd be shocked/pissed if they don't get in.

Nick Collins - Deserving - Some Packer fans thought that Rouse should have started over him, but oh how wrong are they. After some solid but unspectacular seasons he has broken out to his potential. His 3 INTs put him one behind the NFL leader. With 36 tackles he's third among NFC FS in that area. They haven't been cheap down field tackles either like it's often the case for safties, he's coming up to the ball carrier on the majority of them. Probably won't make it, but would be deserving if he did.

Aaron Rodgers - Outside Shot - 5th in the NFC in QB rating, 4th in TDs, 5th in yards, 3rd in completion percentage, and a low INT number. He's not far behind in those categories and could easily make it up in a couple games especially with Romo out and some weak secondaries on our schedule. It's most likely a no as Romo will still get a spot, Brees is having a great season, and McNabb, Manning, and Warner also going for the last spot. Could possibly make it as a reserve if someone doesn't go.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah Gary Stills is an animal.

Chris Horton definitely deserves a Pro Bowl.

He's playing insane right now.

Quietly one of my favorite players.

Yeah Stills is one of those guys that seems to make every single special teams tackle.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Personally I think the fans should have no say in who makes the pro bowl.To many so called sports fans find out whos good by watching E!SPN.The coaches,players, and GMs should be the only ones that have any say in this.

As for Oakland probably no one will get in, but I think Lechler,Aso,Howard,and Morrison have all played like pro bowlers.Maybe Warren to.

tylerb929
10-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Does anyone want to start a campaign like the Rory Fitzpatrick all star mishap last year? For those that do not know, over 100,000 people voted for Rory Fitzpatrick, who isnt a good hockey player to go to the Allstar game.

Who would the Rory Fitzpatrick of the NFL be? They have to be on that list though.

I'd be down for that. It'd have to be someone who really sucks though. At first I was thinking Jason David, but he's not on their. Then I thought maybe Roy Williams for the Cowboys (strong safety) but then again he might get voted on for some dumb reason other than us, who know he's some how made it to the probowl before.

Saints-Tigers
10-13-2008, 09:03 PM
If voting started today, Drew Brees should be a stone cold lock to start in the NFC, I don't see any reason he wouldn't be.

Reggie is an interesting case to me, he's not blowing it up as a runner, but leading the NFL in TD's, and his all around numbers has to get him in there somewhere I guess.

Jammal Brown has outplayed Jahri Evans to me, he's the only linemen blocking really well in space, and his pass protection has been wonderful.

Jonathan Vilma looks better each week, we are steadily moving up the defensive rankings with him being a big reason.

Martin Gramatica should be taken to the probowl and shot at midfield.

GB12
10-13-2008, 09:10 PM
If voting started today, Drew Brees should be a stone cold lock to start in the NFC, I don't see any reason he wouldn't be.
Cowboys fans.

Xonraider
10-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Nnamdi should go... he's the games best corner, no joke.

Maybe Lechler...

and

uh

yeah

Mr. Stiller
10-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Ben Roethlisberger: With Peyton having a slow start, Brady out, if he gets into his rythym I expect a good chance for him going to the Pro Bowl...

P. Manning, J. Cutler, P. Rivers main competition.

Casey Hampton: More for namesake than play. Then again his contributions as well as Wilforks/Williams go unpublicized and I'm sure Shaun Rogers name will guarantee him a spot.

James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley: These guys are bringing incredible pressure. With the Pro Bowl seemingly geared toward sacks I can see both making if it they continue on the tirade they're going on.

J. Porter, K. Bulluck, A. Thomas...

Troy Polamalu: On Hair alone.

I don't think Parker, Farrior, Aaron Smith, Hines Ward, or Santonio Holmes makes it.

A guy that should make it but won't is Heath Miller. He's a complete TE but won't make it over Receiving Only TE's in Gates/Winslow.

Am I the only one thinking that Pro-bowl voting should be staved off until like.. Week 12 at the earliest?

Mr. Stiller
10-13-2008, 09:52 PM
AFC

Howard and Johnson over Harrison or Woodley?

Whitner over Polamalu?

yourfavestoner
10-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Like Unseen said, only Mathis and Scobee.

10-13-2008, 09:59 PM
I hope Aso makes it for real this year. Also Lechler should make it.

Bruce Banner
10-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Buccaneers (If I had to pick four potentials)

Matt Bryant- His son died and everyone seemed to take notice....pair that with him not sucking and I think he is pro bowl bound.

Tanard Jackson- Big hitter. High intensity guy that will have a few picks.

Barrett Ruud- Ball hawking LB that will rack up a few tackles. He's a no-name at this point, so meh.

Gaines Adams- Has a couple of picks, a TD, and will have some sacks.

Notice no position players on offense?

Gay Ork Wang
10-13-2008, 10:14 PM
yea prolly umm Lance Briggs. And, yea prolly Hester as a returner. Id love to see Forte but not gonna happen

GB12
10-13-2008, 10:21 PM
yea prolly umm Lance Briggs. And, yea prolly Hester as a returner. Id love to see Forte but not gonna happen
No way Hester should go as the returner as of now. I mean I'm sure he will, but he doesn't deserve it.

22.6 KR average, 5.4 PR average, 0 TDs

That's not good.

Gay Ork Wang
10-13-2008, 10:25 PM
No way Hester should go as the returner as of now. I mean I'm sure he will, but he doesn't deserve it.

That's not good.
yea but reputation is a ***** and we get the ball at the 30-40 constantly.

Seriously would people stop bringing up averages? its not that easy with KR/PRs

21ST
10-13-2008, 10:28 PM
49ers

-Frank Gore, RB. Leading the league in yards from scrimmage. He's still a stud.

-Andy Lee, P. Still a studly punter.

-Brian Jennings, LS. You all wish you had him.

Yeah...not much else. Willis has been alright but our DL is so poor that he keeps getting swallowed by Offensive Lineman.

Sorry but Ethan Albright>Brian Jennings. Albright made it a pro bowl postion.

10-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Ya McNabb definately has a chance only he has to beat out Romo, Warner or Brees which will be hard considering the great seasons those guys are having. And I agree with what you said about Jaqua Parker and Quinton Mikell playing great, but like you said pretty unknown to most people. Samuel might make it because he is having a pretty good season, but people maight vote for him based solely on his name and his reputation. And for Sav Rocca, he is hands down the best punter in the league which was shown in the Eagles Cowboys game.

HI TODD ! :)

p.s. You are so overrated.

Michigan
10-13-2008, 10:45 PM
For the Lions:

Vikes99ej
10-13-2008, 11:06 PM
The NFC part is easy!

Sniper
10-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Possibilities from the Eagles

Donovan McNabb
Brian Westbrook
DeSean Jackson
Juqua Parker
Asante Samuel
Quintin Mikell
Sav Rocca

Todd Bertuzzi
10-13-2008, 11:20 PM
HI TODD ! :)

p.s. You are so overrated.

Why thank you(this coming from a guy with JT in his signature jk).

themaninblack
10-13-2008, 11:20 PM
TJ Houshmanzadeh is pretty much the only Bengal who should even have a CHANCE at making it unless CJ explodes.

This probably won't happen but Chinedum Ndukwe has been playing lights out this season and IMO deserves a mention. If he doesn't get it this year I expect him to in the future.

yo123
10-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Will Make It
Adrian Peterson
Kevin Williams
Steve Hutchinson

Should Make It
Antoine Winfield
Chad Greenway

Might Make It
Darren Sharper (strictly name recognition, he better not make it again)
Jared Allen

Saints-Tigers
10-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Cowboys fans.

Well, I was going more on who should go, and not who will go.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-13-2008, 11:23 PM

Too bad Ryan Fitzpatrick's not on the ballot.

Sniper
10-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Todd, why do you suck now? You used to be one of my favorite players.

brat316
10-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Why is voting so early?

AFC rb is in shambles this season, either injured or just not doing it. If LT and Willie don't step it up, Steve Slaton, Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown will go.

Ronnie Brown should make it, with all those TD he has.

Menardo75
10-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Frank Gore and Patrick Willis with honerable mention to Justin Smith and Andy Lee

Caddy
10-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Buccaneers (If I had to pick four potentials)

Matt Bryant- His son died and everyone seemed to take notice....pair that with him not sucking and I think he is pro bowl bound.

Tanard Jackson- Big hitter. High intensity guy that will have a few picks.

Barrett Ruud- Ball hawking LB that will rack up a few tackles. He's a no-name at this point, so meh.

Gaines Adams- Has a couple of picks, a TD, and will have some sacks.

Notice no position players on offense?

The only one I would add is possibly Derrick Brooks due to his popularity and solid stat line this season.

Our offense is pretty stinky but I could see some lineman making the team because our line has been great.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 06:57 AM

I don't know what Cole has done so afar stats-wise, but he has a great shot. I honestly don't see too many pro-bowlers this year. Maybe Bunk gets the recognition he deserves as well.

Hines
10-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Big Ben (name alone)
Parker (maybe if he gets in another rythem)

Aaron Smith should make it, but probably wont.

Woodley and Harrison better make it.

Troy Polamalu should and probably will make it.

I would love to see Hines, Holmes, and Heath make it, but they probably wont.

Sniper
10-14-2008, 09:58 AM
I don't know what Cole has done so afar stats-wise, but he has a great shot. I honestly don't see too many pro-bowlers this year. Maybe Bunk gets the recognition he deserves as well.

Bunkley's stats won't be pretty enough for him to go. The level of play is there, and he is a huge part of the Eagles' tenth ranked rush defense, but the stats aren't there.

Sniper
10-14-2008, 10:00 AM
EATW, Cole has 27 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles.

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 10:01 AM
AFC

Im pretty sure at this rate Cortland Finnegan will be there. And also James Harrison is playing like the best OLB in the league right now.

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 10:05 AM

That's not good.

I think Reggie Bush will make it as a kick returner. He's a big named guy he definitely won't go as a runner with people like Portis, AD, Turner, Gore etc. Plus he has 3 punt return TDs

P-L
10-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I don't see any reason as to why Reggie Bush should not make the Pro Bowl as their returner. He hasn't been returning kickoffs, but Bush averages 4 yards more per punt return than Hester does per kickoff return.

Splat
10-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah Stills is one of those guys that seems to make every single special teams tackle.

Yep Stills is a beast on SP teams can't believe the Chiefs let him walk.

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I don't see any reason as to why Reggie Bush should not make the Pro Bowl as their returner. He hasn't been returning kickoffs, but Bush averages 4 yards more per punt return than Hester does per kickoff return.

And he should've got 3 TDs against the Vikes if he hadn't fallen over.

aNYtitan
10-14-2008, 10:16 AM
As a Titans fan I would have to say Cortland Finnegan looks like he is a lock, with Albert Haynesworth having a pretty good shot, KVB having an outside shot along with Keith Bulluck. Also, if Michael Griffin keeps going on the pace he is in interceptions and sacks for a safety, he would be the starting safety.

Sniper
10-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Haynesworth is a lock. If he keeps this up and doesn't make the Pro Bowl, I might stop watching football.

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 10:20 AM
As a Titans fan I would have to say Cortland Finnegan looks like he is a lock, with Albert Haynesworth having a pretty good shot, KVB having an outside shot along with Keith Bulluck. Also, if Michael Griffin keeps going on the pace he is in interceptions and sacks for a safety, he would be the starting safety.

Michael Griffin is my favourite young safety in the league and I really had hoped he fell to the Patriots but sure watching Merriweather make 1 play every 3 games will have to do. He should make it this year definitely, I think he's joint leader in the league for INTs and he's got a sack

Jvig43
10-14-2008, 10:25 AM
They allow you to vote as many times as you want? They even encourage it. weird.

aNYtitan
10-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Michael Griffin is my favourite young safety in the league and I really had hoped he fell to the Patriots but sure watching Merriweather make 1 play every 3 games will have to do. He should make it this year definitely, I think he's joint leader in the league for INTs and he's got a sack

Yeah tied in the league lead with Finnegan and Charles Woodson. I remember I liked the pick the year he was drafted, but a lot of analysts were wondering why the hell we took a safety. Luxury pick my a$$, it turned out the be the right one

Flyboy
10-14-2008, 10:27 AM

Not a chance that Bush gets in imo.

CJSchneider
10-14-2008, 10:41 AM
I won't post who I voted for, I will say that I didn't vote for just N.O. players, but those who I would like to see play and/or players whos play this year has been far above par. I hate Pro-Bowl and All-Star popularity contests.

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Not a chance that Bush gets in imo.

10 RET
2 FC
26.9 ave-21 yards longer than Hester's ave.
71 long
3 TD(should've been 4)

The only way he doesn't make it is if Payton stops using him in case he gets hurt.

The closest to his ave in the NFC with 10 or more returns is Will Blackmon-11.8. The league ave seems to be about 6.5/7. No one comes close to Reggie at this point in the season.

Jvig43
10-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Anyone else always feel like its way to early to open the polls? I mean remeber the commercials with Rexy sexy after he had a few good games. We all remeber what happened after that.

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Anyone else always feel like its way to early to open the polls? I mean remeber the commercials with Rexy sexy after he had a few good games. We all remeber what happened after that.

The voting for the pro bowl in general is a joke. You seen it last year when Jason Taylor got in ahead of Mario Williams. A lot of times its not how good the player is that year but a lot on how big their reputation is.

Flyboy
10-14-2008, 12:09 PM
10 RET
2 FC
71 long
3 TD(should've been 4)

The only way he doesn't make it is if Payton stops using him in case he gets hurt.

The closest to his ave in the NFC with 10 or more returns is Will Blackmon-11.8. The league ave seems to be about 6.5/7. No one comes close to Reggie at this point in the season.

The anti-Bush campaign will keep him from getting in.

Sniper
10-14-2008, 12:14 PM
10 RET
2 FC
71 long
3 TD(should've been 4)

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/football/ncaa/10/02/scary.movie1008/p1_jackson.jpg

Hi DeSean! How are you today?

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 12:21 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/football/ncaa/10/02/scary.movie1008/p1_jackson.jpg

Hi DeSean! How are you today?

Sorry missed him out. Even still he's 13 yards less per ave than Bush

gsorace
10-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Wallace Wright for the Jets as a special teamer

d34ng3l021
10-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Haynesworth is a lock. If he keeps this up and doesn't make the Pro Bowl, I might stop watching football.

Who cares. Its just the pro bowl. Its some nice accolades, but if a player misses out then its not a big deal.

Vikes99ej
10-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Who cares. Its just the pro bowl. Its some nice accolades, but if a player misses out then its not a big deal.

Do you think a player who never makes Pro Bowl in his career, but does his job every day has a legitimate shot at making the Hall of Fame?

IceKubes
10-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Do you think a player who never makes Pro Bowl in his career, but does his job every day has a legitimate shot at making the Hall of Fame?

If Fred Taylor had not made it last year it would have been a great case study for that theory. In a lot of ways it still is.

d34ng3l021
10-14-2008, 02:27 PM

You have got to do more than just do your job to be in the HOF. Your play better stand out regardless of which team you are on and how much publicity your market gets. That's a dominant player who is worthy of HOF.

I agree that having a resume of x amount of pro bowls made consecutively helps a lot, but thats when you are looking at their whole career. If you dominate without going to the pro bowl for a year its understandable. Two years? Maybe. If you continue your great play for 3 or more years and have yet to make the pro bowl, then something is wrong. Other than that, I do not think its such a big deal.

If a player is Hall of Fame worthy, their play will get noticed. Thats just my opinion. If not by the casual fans, then by the analysts and associated press. All-Pro teams are a lot more legit in my opinion.

CC.SD
10-14-2008, 02:33 PM
They allow you to vote as many times as you want? They even encourage it. weird.

It has everything to do with advertising and overall page views. The entire system is a gimmick.

Bruce Banner
10-14-2008, 06:34 PM
The NFL should do what the MLB did in the 30's. Take it out of the fans' hands.

Smooth Criminal
10-14-2008, 06:37 PM
For the Steelers defense, Harrison, Woodley, Polamalu, and Aaron Smith should all make this team. I'm expecting Woodley and Smith to get screwed tho.

I can see Ben making it because the afc QBs are having a weak year. Parker can make it if he comes back ready to go.

GB12
10-14-2008, 07:46 PM
The anti-Bush campaign will keep him from getting in.
If it was just this forum voting then that'd be a good point, but the general public is still on Reggie's side.

Matthew Jones
10-14-2008, 07:49 PM
For people voting for Eli Manning:

Tarvaris Jackson has a higher career completion percentage. So does Michael Vick. He has 80 turnovers in 60 starts. He has thrown TDs against the Rams, Seahawks, Bengals, and Browns this year. He led the NFL in interceptions last year. Was just looking through and found that. Unfortunately, I already voted for him. :(

Sportsfan486
10-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Packers - Rodgers, Jennings, Kampman, Woodson.

bored of education
10-14-2008, 07:53 PM
vote Dustin Colquitt as punter. He is a god.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-14-2008, 07:54 PM
vote Dustin Colquitt as punter. He is a god.

Scifres>All.

JETS5128
10-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Jets- Kris Jenkins, Darrelle Revis, Leon Washington for KR/PR, Favre if he keeps it up, Kerry Rhodes

SeanTaylorRIP
10-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Jets- Kris Jenkins, Darrelle Revis, Leon Washington for KR/PR, Favre if he keeps it up, Kerry Rhodes

I think Darren Sproles will be the KR/PR in the AFC.

Matthew Jones
10-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Patriots players:

Matt Light, Richard Seymour, Adalius Thomas

JETS5128
10-14-2008, 08:20 PM
I think Darren Sproles will be the KR/PR in the AFC.

Just looked at the stats and there almost dead even, except Leon doesn't have a TD yet, but he still beats Sproles on AVG, so either one is justified, and I'm a jets fan so Leon gets the nod

Also add Faneca and Mangold as very likely jet pro-bowlers

SeanTaylorRIP
10-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Just looked at the stats and there almost dead even, except Leon doesn't have a TD yet, but he still beats Sproles on AVG, so either one is justified, and I'm a jets fan so Leon gets the nod

Also add Faneca and Mangold as very likely jet pro-bowlers

Yeah I didn't say Leon isn't deserving because he is, but due to popularity I think Sproles makes it. I mean I can't think of anyone who doesn't like that little man return kicks, although Washington is far from big himself.

d34ng3l021
10-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Falcons:

John Abraham (for sure)
Roddy White could sneak in as an alternative.
Michael Turner maybe.

Flyboy
10-14-2008, 08:41 PM
If it was just this forum voting then that'd be a good point, but the general public is still on Reggie's side.

Not really outside of Saint fans.

ChezPower4
10-14-2008, 08:45 PM

Sounds right

JETS5128
10-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Yeah I didn't say Leon isn't deserving because he is, but due to popularity I think Sproles makes it. I mean I can't think of anyone who doesn't like that little man return kicks, although Washington is far from big himself.

Agreed, although if more people watched the Jets they would love Leon just as much, dude has some of the best jukes around, makes people look plain silly

SeanTaylorRIP
10-14-2008, 08:57 PM
He had a kick return last year maybe it was against the Ravens can't quite remember but he looked straight out of Madden.

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 09:08 PM

I don't think Rodgers will make it with Brees, Warner, Romo, McNabb etc all playing well(except Romo but he's a Cowboy)

ChezPower4
10-14-2008, 09:16 PM
I think that Haloti Ngata should make the Pro Bowl. He's been one of the best DL in the NFL the last season and half IMO. Not really a guy that piles up huge stats but if you watch him play he is just unblockable against the run and is a pretty good pass rusher. Which is proably why he did make the PB last year. It seems that the sexy stat to have is sacks when it comes to the PB.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-14-2008, 09:32 PM
He really is dominant a key part as to why Ray Lewis has had this resurgence to dominance. Ray Lew lobbied for the Ravens to take Ngata in the draft, and that sure paid off. I'd want Ray Lew as a talent evaluator when he retires. He could interview any prospect and get a true sense of what kind of player they are. (Work Ethic, Attitude, Morals, etc.)

CC.SD
10-14-2008, 09:44 PM
For the Steelers defense, Harrison, Woodley, Polamalu, and Aaron Smith should all make this team. I'm expecting Woodley and Smith to get screwed tho.

I can see Ben making it because the afc QBs are having a weak year. Parker can make it if he comes back ready to go.

I donno I think the AFC is looking strong at QB.

Peyton always makes a good case and would be very tough to leave out under any scenario.

Rivers is playing out of his skull.

Garrard made it last year and is rock solid.

Ben's the total package.

Cutler aka ESPNbabyJesus

Some guy named FAVRE

Even Chad freaking Pennington is playing great football.

Only 3 of those guys make it.

BlindSite
10-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Cutler Rivers and Manning will be the AFC PB QBs

GET LOOSE
10-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Bret Farve, Cotch or Coles, Fanaca, Jenkins, Revis, Rhodes, and hopefully Leon as well.

FloridaSkinzFan
10-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Clinton Portis
Chris Cooley

Its still early, but Jason Campbell has yet to throw an interception and is playing good ball but whatever...

BlindSite
10-15-2008, 04:45 PM
I like Campbell's play I reckon he should get in there. I know for a fact though the Dallas homers will likely get Romo in there and Bressus deserves it more than anyone.

indyfan1985
10-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Peyton Manning
Reggie Wayne
Dwight Freeney
Robert Mathis
Bob Sanders(only if he gets back soon and stays healthy the rest of the year)
Jeff Saturday

Some others that have a smaller shot of making it...

Antoine Bethea
Gary Brackett
Freddy Keiaho
Marvin Harrison
Anthony Gonzalez

MetSox17
10-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Peyton Manning
Reggie Wayne
Dwight Freeney
Robert Mathis
Bob Sanders(only if he gets back soon and stays healthy the rest of the year)
Jeff Saturday

Antoine Bethea
Gary Brackett
Freddy Keiaho
Marvin Harrison
Anthony Gonzalez

No homer? :rolleyes:

ChezPower4
10-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Cutler Rivers and Manning will be the AFC PB QBs

I don't see how Favre gets left out, I'd put him over Cutler although I think that all 4 really deserve to go.

Sniper
10-15-2008, 05:24 PM
I don't see how Favre gets left out, I'd put him over Cutler although I think that all 4 really deserve to go.

You are out of your goddamn mind if you're putting Favre ahead of Cutler.

Gay Ork Wang
10-15-2008, 05:25 PM
lol both DEs

yo123
10-15-2008, 05:26 PM

Take a look at his avatar and you will discover why his opinion on all things relating to Brett Favre doesn't matter.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Favre will beat out Cutler if he and the Jets do well, and the Broncos fizzle.

yo123
10-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Favre will beat out Cutler if he and the Jets do well, and the Broncos fizzle.

Yes, but as of now Cutler is ahead of Favre, and he was arguing that he wasn't.

Either way though with fans voting there is no way Favre doesn't make it.

Shane P. Hallam
10-15-2008, 06:42 PM
I chose all Chiefs and Lions.

bored of education
10-15-2008, 07:40 PM
I chose all Chiefs and Lions.

/me mounts JBond :)

GB12
10-15-2008, 09:15 PM

Take a look at his avatar and you will discover why his opinion on all things relating to Brett Favre doesn't matter.

Favre will make the pro bowl. There's nothing homerish about that. I'd be shocked if he didn't. All that media attention in the offseason and a good season so far puts him in Hawaii already.

AntoinCD
10-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Peyton Manning-probably will
Reggie Wayne-probably will but hasn't been as impressive this year
Dwight Freeney-shouldn't get in but might
Robert Mathis-should be there before Freeney but prob won't
Bob Sanders(only if he gets back soon and stays healthy the rest of the year)-not this year
Jeff Saturday-has only played like what 1 game

Antoine Bethea-very little chance
Gary Brackett-no chance
Freddy Keiaho-less chance than Brackett
Marvin Harrison-one good game
Anthony Gonzalez-no chance

Only Manning and Wayne will be there IMO.

thebow305
10-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Ronnie Brown and Joey Porter

Prowler
10-16-2008, 03:48 PM
john kitna-we're just resting him up to avoid further punishment

....seriously though....this is a joke for lions fans right?

calvin johnson-no chance with orlovsky now
jason hanson-still perfect 6/6 fg on the year
nick harris-34 punts 43.5 avg 2 touchbacks 13 inside the 20

defensive team leaders
dewayne white-3 sacks
leigh bodden-1 interception(sole possession of team lead in category)
ernie simms-42 tackles

CC.SD
10-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Yes, but as of now Cutler is ahead of Favre, and he was arguing that he wasn't.

Either way though with fans voting there is no way Favre doesn't make it.

Right now I think it's Favre, Rivers and Cutler, but Peyton has plenty of time to make up some ground.

jth1331
10-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Broncos:
Brandon Marshall and Champ Bailey are locks if they continue, Champ hasn't even had a pass thrown at him for like 4 straight games.
Jay Cutler has a chance, but the AFC QB's are fricken insane.
Ryan Clady is playing amazing.
No one else really at this point.

Geo
10-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Only Manning and Wayne will be there IMO.
I'll add Freeney and Saturday. Outside chance on a linebacker if they have the tackle numbers, but I doubt it.

AFC RB is a complete toss-up. Marshawn Lynch is the only guy I can think of, although maybe Ronnie Brown gets in for his first too if he stays healthy.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Is there a place that gives updates on the results?

Sniper
10-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I'll add Freeney and Saturday. Outside chance on a linebacker if they have the tackle numbers, but I doubt it.

AFC RB is a complete toss-up. Marshawn Lynch is the only guy I can think of, although maybe Ronnie Brown gets in for his first too if he stays healthy.

The AFC RBs are lucky that Mike Hart is hurt, otherwise he would have taken all three spots.

Gay Ork Wang
10-16-2008, 07:28 PM
The AFC RBs are lucky that Mike Hart is hurt, otherwise he would have taken all three spots.
Mike who?

Anyways i could see Ronnie Brown, lynch and LT make it. LT just because he is still just as good as all the others in the AFC and dumb people will vote for him anyways

yo123
10-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Favre will make the pro bowl. There's nothing homerish about that. I'd be shocked if he didn't. All that media attention in the offseason and a good season so far puts him in Hawaii already.

I never said he wouldn't make it, in fact I said he would make it. I just said Cutler has been better this year.

AntoinCD
10-17-2008, 10:55 AM

I'd really prefer Mathis over Freeney to go

Geo
10-17-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't discount the likelihood of that, Mathis has also been very effective and come up with big plays himself. Obviously he sees more one-on-one matchups than Freeney, but he can take advantage of that which is what you want to see.

I mentioned AFC RBs earlier, hey, how about AFC WRs?

Chad Johnson's streak definitely ends this season, and right now, Randy Moss and TJ Houshmandzadeh look like they will be joining him. Braylon Edwards had a big game against the Giants, if he fully bounces back he might make up lost ground in time.

We could see some major upheaval there too, other than Reggie Wayne who I think definitely deserves to get back. Brandon Marshall (what a talent) looks like he'll get his first nod, and Andre Johnson has bounced back in a big way these last two weeks.

DiG
10-17-2008, 12:08 PM
just did my voting.

QB - Rivers, Favre, Cutler
QB - A. Rodgers, Brees, Campbell

RB - LT, Chris Johnson, Ronnie Brown
RB - Portis, Turner, A Pete

WR - Marshall, A. Johnson, Wayne, Housh
WR - Fitz, Jennings, Roddy, Santana

FB - McClain
FB - Sellers

TE - Gates, Daniels
TE - Witten, Cooley

*Skepped O Line this time.

DE - Mario, Mathis, Ellis
DE - Abraham, Kampman, Peppers

DT - Haynesworth, Henderson, Stroud
DT - K. Williams, Dockett, P. Williams

OLB - Harrison, DJ Williams, Phillips
OLB - Sims, Briggs, McIntosh

ILB - Demeco, Peterson
ILB - Vilma, Fletcher

CB - Finnegan, Cro, Asomugha
CB - Woodson, Gambell, Rogers

SS - Harrison
SS - Horton

FS - Reed
FS - Landry

K - Prater
K - Elam

P - Colquitt
P - Jones

KR - Sproles
KR - Rossum

Gay Ork Wang
10-17-2008, 12:14 PM
umm how about MoJo Drew for AFC RB? and i thought Cro has been beaten a lot this year

CashmoneyDrew
10-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Everyone must vote Michael Roos. Do it.

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/d/8/f/d8fd09408953ae082df9aab7d1e00b4d.jpg

Vikes99ej
10-17-2008, 12:30 PM
just did my voting.

FB - McClain
FB - Sellers

TE - Gates, Daniels
TE - Witten, Cooley

ILB - Demeco, Peterson
ILB - Vilma, Fletcher

SS - Harrison
SS - Horton

FS - Reed
FS - Landry

K - Prater
K - Elam

P - Colquitt
P - Jones

KR - Sproles
KR - Rossum

If Rocky McIntosh and Ernie Sims make it over Greenway, I'm going to kill someone.

LonghornsLegend
10-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Why do people like to vote so early? It's just way too soon for me, the guys who start fast end up getting so many votes and the guys who come on late(Mario Williams last year) end up getting screwed.

It's going to be a year where alot of young new talent emerges as pro bowlers and will make the game fun to watch...Greg Jennings and Roddy White could represent the NFC at WR, Chris Johnson is looking like he may make it, alot of new guys.

I just hope Barber goes, he's been doing well this year with the workload he's been given.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-17-2008, 12:38 PM
I am not a Brandon Jacobs fan but for having only 79 carries as of now, and avging 5.7 yards per carry, that has to be pro bowl worthy. He will never be there in terms of yards because he is only is avging 15.8 carries per game. But roughly 200 yards back from the pace of leading the league, and having 57 less carries is still pretty good. I don't think it's a stretch to say he could be pro bowl worthy.

d34ng3l021
10-17-2008, 12:43 PM
I think its a stretch in a conference with Adrian Peterson, Clinton Portis, and Michael Turner, and Frank Gore

NY+Giants=NYG
10-17-2008, 12:55 PM
I think its a stretch in a conference with Adrian Peterson, Clinton Portis, and Michael Turner, and Frank Gore

I don't think so. I mean look at those guys you mentioned except for Gore. They lead the league in carries 1.2. & 3. Granted Portis and Peterson have great stats, but I don't see why Jacobs can't get in.

79 carries 447 yds. 5.7 avg 5 20+ runs 1 40 + run and ZERO fumbles.

That's not bad at all considering all the guys you mentioned except for Gore have. 136, 129, and 128 carries. Even Gore has a 107 carries, 26 more than Jacobs, and only has 77 yards more! Like I said it's not as cut and dry as people make it out. If Jacobs had equal carries as the guys above, with our offensive line, he'd probably be up there, but I am just saying due to lack of carries compared to the others, one could make a case he is pro bowl worthy for the amount of carries he has. I am saying this as a Giants fan who is not a Jacobs fan, but gotta give him props for having a great year so far, with only 79 carries.

DiG
10-17-2008, 12:57 PM
i dont think its out of the question for jacobs to make it. same goes for barber. there are a lot more games to play. of the top 6 rbs in the nfc, portis, apete, turner, gore, jaocbs, and barber. i think any of the 3 could end up there come season end. bush could potentially get in that mix too.

ChezPower4
10-17-2008, 01:07 PM
i dont think its out of the question for jacobs to make it. same goes for barber. there are a lot more games to play. of the top 6 rbs in the nfc, portis, apete, turner, gore, jaocbs, and barber. i think any of the 3 could end up there come season end. bush could potentially get in that mix too.

I think that Barber has a great chance, not only has Barber been playing well this year. He plays for the Cowboys, still the most popular team in the NFL and cowboys fans always vote their guys to the pro bowl.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-17-2008, 01:16 PM
I think that Barber has a great chance, not only has Barber been playing well this year. He plays for the Cowboys, still the most popular team in the NFL and cowboys fans always vote their guys to the pro bowl.

That's the sad part. I think Jacobs had better all around stats, and I don't think he deserves to make it. Avging 4.0 yards isn't really pro bowl worthy when compared to guys like Turner, Portis, Peterson and Jacobs. All have lot more 20 + yard runs, more 40 plus, and better avg. But I agree on one thing, just because he plays for Dallas he will get voted in.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Don't underestimate Cowboys voters, Barber probably will make the pro bowl. Barber last year made the pro bowl and didn't even rush for a thousand and shared carries with Julius Jones. He made the pro bowl over Portis, even though Portis had more receiving yards, over 300 more rushing yards, 11 rushing TD's which was more than Barber, and Portis led his team to the playoffs, a team with little offensive weapons at all.

thebow305
10-17-2008, 10:30 PM
just did my voting.

FB - McClain
FB - Sellers

TE - Gates, Daniels
TE - Witten, Cooley

ILB - Demeco, Peterson
ILB - Vilma, Fletcher

SS - Harrison
SS - Horton

FS - Reed
FS - Landry

K - Prater
K - Elam

P - Colquitt
P - Jones

KR - Sproles
KR - Rossum

Anyone who votes Ronnie in is ok in my book! :)

POST # 3,000 !!!

LonghornsLegend
10-17-2008, 11:25 PM
That's the sad part. I think Jacobs had better all around stats, and I don't think he deserves to make it. Avging 4.0 yards isn't really pro bowl worthy when compared to guys like Turner, Portis, Peterson and Jacobs. All have lot more 20 + yard runs, more 40 plus, and better avg. But I agree on one thing, just because he plays for Dallas he will get voted in.

Are you serious? Come on man, enough of the "Cowboys players get in just because its not fair" crap, Barber and Jacobs have nearly identical rushing stats, all the while Barber has 25 receptions, 234 receiving yards, and 2 receiving TD's, just to break down their rushing stats:

Brandon Jacobs: 447 rushing yds, 4 TD's
Marion Barber: 440 rushing yds, 4 TD's

Lets count total numbers:

Brandon Jacobs: 446 Total yards, 3 receptions, 4 TD's
Marion Barber: 674 Total yards, 25 receptions, 6 TD's

So Jacobs has all-around better stays as you say? Your right, its so so sad that Cowboy players only get voted in because their fans just go flood the polls:rolleyes: I'm not speaking on behalf of all players, but you have no gripes if Barber gets more votes then Jacobs does.

Burns336
10-18-2008, 03:34 AM
Also Barber is 2nd in the league in big play rushes. Not sure why you said he's got way less 20+ yard runs than everyone

http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/bigplayrushes.html

anyway -- Roy L. Williams 08, Keep the streak alive!

Bruce Banner
10-18-2008, 03:47 AM
Ruud > Fletcher

/homer

and NFC corner is the hardest position for me to choose.

Burns336
10-18-2008, 11:37 AM
If Rocky McIntosh and Ernie Sims make it over Greenway, I'm going to kill someone.

Over Greenway... How about over Ware?

NY+Giants=NYG
10-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Are you serious? Come on man, enough of the "Cowboys players get in just because its not fair" crap, Barber and Jacobs have nearly identical rushing stats, all the while Barber has 25 receptions, 234 receiving yards, and 2 receiving TD's, just to break down their rushing stats:

Brandon Jacobs: 447 rushing yds, 4 TD's
Marion Barber: 440 rushing yds, 4 TD's

Lets count total numbers:

Brandon Jacobs: 446 Total yards, 3 receptions, 4 TD's
Marion Barber: 674 Total yards, 25 receptions, 6 TD's

So Jacobs has all-around better stays as you say? Your right, its so so sad that Cowboy players only get voted in because their fans just go flood the polls:rolleyes: I'm not speaking on behalf of all players, but you have no gripes if Barber gets more votes then Jacobs does.

You are very, very naive if you think cowboys players don't get voted in because you guys are the cowboys. That's not hard to figure out. As for Jacobs, their rushing stats are identical but compare the rushing attempts and yards per carry. Barber blows for the amount of carries he is getting. 4.0 yards per carry isn't quite pro bowl worthy. Check the avg of the other backs like Turner, Portis and Peterson. They have a LARGE # of rushing attempts as well, but have a good rushing avg too.

As far as reception yards, we don't throw the ball to Jacobs as much. In fact that's not really part of our game. So Jacobs or the other backs aren't going to get thrown the ball alot. And when we do we spread the ball around to Jacobs, Ward, Bradshaw and the FB M.H.

You have to be out of your skull to think barber is pro bowl worthy this season. But don't worry he will get in. I would bet he gets in just because you're fan base will make sure of that.

Geo
10-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Hopefully it was noted that Barber has played one more game than Jacobs has. Cowboys haven't had their bye week yet.

d34ng3l021
10-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Even though Jacobs is doing a great job, people will overlook his number of carries probably.

Man. I hope Roddy White can make the pro bowl. I would love for that to happen.

LonghornsLegend
10-18-2008, 07:14 PM
You are very, very naive if you think cowboys players don't get voted in because you guys are the cowboys. That's not hard to figure out. As for Jacobs, their rushing stats are identical but compare the rushing attempts and yards per carry. Barber blows for the amount of carries he is getting. 4.0 yards per carry isn't quite pro bowl worthy. Check the avg of the other backs like Turner, Portis and Peterson. They have a LARGE # of rushing attempts as well, but have a good rushing avg too.

As far as reception yards, we don't throw the ball to Jacobs as much. In fact that's not really part of our game. So Jacobs or the other backs aren't going to get thrown the ball alot. And when we do we spread the ball around to Jacobs, Ward, Bradshaw and the FB M.H.

You have to be out of your skull to think barber is pro bowl worthy this season. But don't worry he will get in. I would bet he gets in just because you're fan base will make sure of that.

First off I never denied Cowboys players getting voted in just because, I never argued that point, I directly quoted you as saying "Jacob has better all around stats" now you want to argue how you don't throw to your Rb's thats why they don't have receptions, ok? Finally, I never not once said Barber was pro bowl worthy so lets not assume, I just said he is worthy of getting more votes then Jacobs up to this point, when did I say he deserved to go over Portis, AD, Turner etc?

You can keep using the Cowboy cop out if you want to, it's a lazy argument that people like to use when they don't have anything solid to go off of...Facts are you said Jacobs had better all around stats then Barber, that in itself has nothing to do with the rest of the NFC backs.

RaiderNation
10-18-2008, 08:50 PM
If Aso doesnt get into the pro bowl this year Im going to be pissed

yo123
10-19-2008, 02:04 AM
just did my voting.

FB - McClain
FB - Sellers

TE - Gates, Daniels
TE - Witten, Cooley

ILB - Demeco, Peterson
ILB - Vilma, Fletcher

SS - Harrison
SS - Horton

FS - Reed
FS - Landry

K - Prater
K - Elam

P - Colquitt
P - Jones

KR - Sproles
KR - Rossum

Anyone who doesn't vote for Antoine Winfield is dead to me. He's been so beastly this year.

JT Jag
10-19-2008, 03:17 AM
Greg Jones: Close to a lock. He's been the best fullback, not just in the AFC but in the entire NFL so far.

Rashean Mathis: A lot of talent at corner in the AFC, but he's close to is All-Pro form again and already has two interceptions for touchdowns.

Josh Scobee: Not sure if he'll make it, but he darn well deserves it. Most valuable kicker in the NFL so far this year

After that, it gets spotty. Brian Witherspoon might have had a spot--- he's played lights out as a returner--- but the NFL was stupid and he's not even on the ballet for reasons beyond my understanding. Maurice Drew could make if if he has a strong finish, and no reason why he won't.

JonasBlane
10-20-2008, 03:06 AM
Steelers:
QB - Ben could make it as the #3 QB, but may get beaten out by Peyton because of fame.
RB - Willie could make it if he comes back strong after injury.
TE - Heath Miller should make it, but definitely won't.
DL - Aaron Smith should make it, may not though based on name recognition.
LB - Harrison and Woodley should be locks.
S - Troy Polamalu will make it because of name recognition and solid play thus far.

Shiver
10-20-2008, 04:20 AM
If Roddy White doesn't make it I will go postal.

Caddy
10-20-2008, 04:29 AM
If Roddy White doesn't make it I will go postal.

The statistics are there, but I don't know if he gets enough publicity. Most Falcons related positive news seems to focus more on Matt Ryan than anything else.

Shiver
10-20-2008, 04:42 AM
Unfortunately you may be right. By merit he and Greg Jennings have been the best in the NFC, but the old names may sneak in purely on name value.

d34ng3l021
10-20-2008, 05:15 AM
The statistics are there, but I don't know if he gets enough publicity. Most Falcons related positive news seems to focus more on Matt Ryan than anything else.

There are some positive articles on White. Lots of them talking about his consistent play. People started noticing him after a 1200 yard season last year. He is on pace for 1500 yards this season. A 2nd consistent season should be good I hope.

Caddy
10-20-2008, 05:18 AM
There are some positive articles on White. Lots of them talking about his consistent play. People started noticing him after a 1200 yard season last year. He is on pace for 1500 yards this season. A 2nd consistent season should be good I hope.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is deserving. He has definitely stepped up his play the last few seasons. I think if the Falcons keep winning finish with an 8-8 or above record then he might get the publicity and media coverage to make the Pro Bowl. If the Falcons start to lose a few I'm just not sure he makes it over guys who have established names.

d34ng3l021
10-20-2008, 05:27 AM
Don't get me wrong, I think he is deserving. He has definitely stepped up his play the last few seasons. I think if the Falcons keep winning finish with an 8-8 or above record then he might get the publicity and media coverage to make the Pro Bowl. If the Falcons start to lose a few I'm just not sure he makes it over guys who have established names.

Yeah. I know you dont doubt him. Hopefully this early Falcon buzz along with him being 3rd in the NFL in receiving yards could turn some heads.

21ST
10-20-2008, 07:42 AM

check the sig

BlindSite
10-20-2008, 07:47 AM
http://www.wcnc.com/images/slideshow/101908-saints/images/300_8341.jpg

NY+Giants=NYG
10-20-2008, 08:36 AM
First off I never denied Cowboys players getting voted in just because, I never argued that point, I directly quoted you as saying "Jacob has better all around stats" now you want to argue how you don't throw to your Rb's thats why they don't have receptions, ok? Finally, I never not once said Barber was pro bowl worthy so lets not assume, I just said he is worthy of getting more votes then Jacobs up to this point, when did I say he deserved to go over Portis, AD, Turner etc?

You can keep using the Cowboy cop out if you want to, it's a lazy argument that people like to use when they don't have anything solid to go off of...Facts are you said Jacobs had better all around stats then Barber, that in itself has nothing to do with the rest of the NFC backs.

Well then it's my bad I am going with the premise that you think he is pro bowl worthy. If that's not the case then my bad, and also we have nothing to debate. Ok so he has more recpetions meaning Jacobs doesn't have more in that department. Then this whole debate is a waste of time for the both us. But my bad for interpreting in correctly.

johnstonolb
10-20-2008, 08:42 AM
Please no more Roy Williams, SS. I beg.

umphrey
10-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Nick Collins!!!!

He's been playing lights out this year. A blanket in coverage and he's making the biggest plays when we need them. Tied for first in interceptions and he ran 2 of them back for touchdowns.

I'm plugging him as much as I can because he has no name recognition and after 3 crappy developmental years he's finally breaking out.

BlindSite
10-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Chris Harris deserves a safety spot this year.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Yeah. I know you dont doubt him. Hopefully this early Falcon buzz along with him being 3rd in the NFL in receiving yards could turn some heads.

That's what I'm hoping. We need our guys to stay top 5 in things. I'm willing to bet most fans (other then the douchebags who only vote for guys on their team), looks at the NFL stat leaderboard when he makes a vote. So, naturally, if our guys are up there, they've got a better shot despite not being the "names".

giantsfan
10-20-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm going to just mention Brandon Jacobs for RB in the NFC, Portis is far and away the top RB in the NFL, but Jacobs is right behind him, 516 yards on 5.4 YPC with 6 TDs and only one fumble. And he's been an actual running back this year, being patient and showing vision instead of just trying to hurt people like last year. his blocking has been more consistent also, he still blows people up but now he's wiffing a lot less, still happens but it's much rarer. Best YPC amongst all RB in the top 20 yardage wise, 7th in total yards, 6th in yards per game, tied for fourth in TDs.

And Tuck's doing a good job although he's been inconsistent with 5 sacks, 2 FF 1 INT and a defensive TD.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-20-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm going to just mention Brandon Jacobs for RB in the NFC, Portis is far and away the top RB in the NFL, but Jacobs is right behind him, 516 yards on 5.4 YPC with 6 TDs and only one fumble. And he's been an actual running back this year, being patient and showing vision instead of just trying to hurt people like last year. his blocking has been more consistent also, he still blows people up but now he's wiffing a lot less, still happens but it's much rarer. Best YPC amongst all RB in the top 20 yardage wise, 7th in total yards, 6th in yards per game, tied for fourth in TDs.

And Tuck's doing a good job although he's been inconsistent with 5 sacks, 2 FF 1 INT and a defensive TD.

There can only be 3 NFC RB's. Portis is a lock, AD is a lock probably will be top fan getter, for the last spot I am sure the Cowboys fans will send Barber over Jacobs. That isn't to say Barber isn't worthy though because he is, but yeah I'd still take Michael Turner over them because of how good the Falcons are and also I'd put Jacobs slightly above Barber. With fan voting however Barber will make it for sure. I mean he made it last year and didn't even rush for 1,000 yards. Also for that 3rd spot don't sleep on Frank Gore who leads the league in all purpose yards, or Steven Jackson if he continues his tear and the Rams end up with 7 or 8 wins. Too many good RB's, too few spots. Many deserving will be left out.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Robert Gallery should see some consideration for Pro Bowl.Hes been playing at a Pro Bowl level this year.

MetSox17
10-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Robert Gallery should see some consideration for Pro Bowl.Hes been playing at a Pro Bowl level this year.

It took him a good, what, five years?

TitanHope
10-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Even though Roy William is out for the year, he'll still make the Pro Bowl. :D

For the Titans...

Offense:

Chris Johnson, RB - Currently leading the AFC in rushing yards and YPG (though he's only 5th in the AFC in amount of rushes). CJ's the only RB in the AFC with over 75 rushes that has averaged 5+ YPC. He also has yet to fumble the ball. He's done all of this while splitting carries with LenDale White too. The only downside to this is that LenDale gets the goal line carries, which will leave CJ with fewer TD's than some of the other AFC RB's.

*Ahmard Hall, FB - I know FB is pretty random, but Hall has been great all year and doesn't get enough credit for what he does for the running game. Not only is he an outstanding blocker, but he is also a very good receiver for a FB. Though, LeRon Mclain probably gets the nod due to his higher amount of rushes.

Michael Roos, LT - David Stewart, RT - They've been great since last season, and they deserve to go to Hawaii. Not only are they opening holes wide enough for LenDale White to run 80-yards, but they're also doing a tremendous job at protecting the QB: Kerry Collins has been sacked only ONCE this season! It's Kerry friggin' Collins for Pete's sake!!!

Defense:

Albert Haynesworth, NT - Best defensive player in the league, and likely DPOY winner.

Kyle Vanden Bosch, DE - He's only got 3 sacks so far, but is a key part to the best DL in the league. His name will certainly help in his campaign. Plus, voters inside and out of the NFL love his effort and motor, so that alone gives him an edge. Don't forget that KVB made the Pro Bowl last year over Mario Williams despite Williams having more sacks.

*Tony Brown, UT - Brown is one of the most under-rated UT's in the game, and that is greatly due to being over-shadowed by the surrounding stalwarts on his DL. Brown has notched 3.5 sacks this season which is 2nd most in the AFC by a DT (Haynesworth is #1), and has missed a game in the process. His name isn't as known throughout the NFL, but he is the 3rd best DL on the Titans defensive line and has made as many plays as AH and KVB this season.

Cortland Finnegan, CB - Finny is tied for 1st in the NFL in INT's with 4, and shares the lead in the AFC with team-mate Michael Griffin. He returned one of those for a TD, and has 100 return yards. Along with his picks, he has 7 PD's that ties him for 5th in the AFC, and his 2 stuffs are the most out of DB's with 2+ INT's. He's been outstanding this season in coverage, and is one of the best tackling CB's in the NFL.

Michael Griffin, FS - A rising star, Griff has exceeded expectations since his first start, and has the most talent of all the Titans DB's. As I stated before, his 4 INT's share the lead in the AFC with Finnegan. He's defended 6 passes this season, and even has 1 sack. His coverage abilities have allowed SS Chris Hope to play closer to the LOS where he excels. At this point, he may very well be playing better than the 1st RD safeties of the '07 Draft, which include LaRon Landry, Reggie Nelson, and Brandon Merriweather.

9 Pro Bowlers may be a bit excessive for the Titans, but this only halfway through the season and there's still a long way to go. Players with asterisks next to their names are players who are less likely to get in, but I felt they deserved a little recognition.

iloxygenil
10-23-2008, 10:06 PM
http://www.wcnc.com/images/slideshow/101908-saints/images/300_8341.jpg

I agree...Drew Brees should be in the Pro Bowl.

iloxygenil
10-23-2008, 10:08 PM
There can only be 3 NFC RB's. Portis is a lock, AD is a lock probably will be top fan getter, for the last spot I am sure the Cowboys fans will send Barber over Jacobs. That isn't to say Barber isn't worthy though because he is, but yeah I'd still take Michael Turner over them because of how good the Falcons are and also I'd put Jacobs slightly above Barber. With fan voting however Barber will make it for sure. I mean he made it last year and didn't even rush for 1,000 yards. Also for that 3rd spot don't sleep on Frank Gore who leads the league in all purpose yards, or Steven Jackson if he continues his tear and the Rams end up with 7 or 8 wins. Too many good RB's, too few spots. Many deserving will be left out.

Portis is going if he continues his play, Turner should go, and the third back at this point has to be Peterson. Its a stacked year for NFC Runningbacks.

bantx
10-23-2008, 10:13 PM
It will be Portis Barber and AD for NFC

tjsunstein
10-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Nick Collins!!!!

He's been playing lights out this year. A blanket in coverage and he's making the biggest plays when we need them. Tied for first in interceptions and he ran 2 of them back for touchdowns.

I'm plugging him as much as I can because he has no name recognition and after 3 crappy developmental years he's finally breaking out.

As well as Woodson, please. How can you know honestly?

tjsunstein
10-23-2008, 10:47 PM
It will be Portis Barber and AD for NFC

Turner over AD as of right now.

bantx
10-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Turner over AD as of right now.

how? their stats are pretty close and as of right now and AD is the more popular with people anyways.

Toneloc498
10-24-2008, 12:53 AM
All I am going to say is if Chris Snee does not make the Pro Bowl this year it will be total horseshit. He could very well be the best RG in the game let alone the NFC. The man is just a beast, run blocks extremely well and just mauls people in the passing game, might be the MVP so far for the Giants.

Menardo75
10-24-2008, 12:53 AM
It took him a good, what, five years?

Better late than never.

cunningham06
10-27-2008, 05:46 PM
It's a crime if Mario doesn't make it to the probowl this year. He is making a legitimate case for being the best defensive end in the NFL.

Rayray52
10-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Hopefully Charles Woodson makes it this year after the Al Harris debacle last year.

Sniper
10-27-2008, 10:58 PM
All I am going to say is if Chris Snee does not make the Pro Bowl this year it will be total horseshit. He could very well be the best RG in the game let alone the NFC. The man is just a beast, run blocks extremely well and just mauls people in the passing game, might be the MVP so far for the Giants.

Not even the best RG in the NFC Beast.

MetSox17
10-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Not even the best RG in the NFC Beast.

All three NFC "Beast" RG's we're thinking of should be in the Pro-Bowl. Chris Snee is definitely under-appreciated amongst casual fans, Andrews is a stud and Davis is still eating people alive. All three are PB players, maybe they won't all get in though.

Menardo75
10-27-2008, 11:52 PM
It sucks I think Frank should be in it he is having a great year, but all the other great years right now are being had by backs in the NFC.

Caddy
10-28-2008, 12:18 AM
All three NFC "Beast" RG's we're thinking of should be in the Pro-Bowl. Chris Snee is definitely under-appreciated amongst casual fans, Andrews is a stud and Davis is still eating people alive. All three are PB players, maybe they won't all get in though.

I hope Arron Sears/Davin Joseph get some consideration this year. They have been beastly.

Menardo75
10-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Patrick Willis might be the only one for San Fran depending on how the rest of the season goes.

Don Vito
10-28-2008, 01:19 AM
Patriots

-Either Moss or Welker should make it. Neither are putting up near the numbers they did last year but they still have been playing their roles well. Moss is the fruntrunner out of the two.
-At least one of Seymour/Wilfork/Warren should make it. They are all outstanding but they each seem to overshadow eachother at times.
-Jerod Mayo has a small chance but I doubt he makes it.
-Adailus Thomas has a good chance.
-Steven Gostokski is having a great year so far, he has a decent chance.

DMWSackMachine
10-28-2008, 01:52 AM
I can't believe a single Cowboys fan hasn't given a breakdown in this entire thread. Fine, I'll stick my neck out.

Offense:

Tony Romo: Near Lock
Of course, this assumes a clean bill of health after he comes back from the pinkie. Two weeks ago this would have been as close to a lock as possible. Oh how things change. As much as Brees is getting tons of hype--and he's playing very well, and deserves a PB trip no questions asked--I find it funny how people discredit what Romo does and only ever give the dude back handed compliments. He's posting elite numbers in YPA, and TD%, along with excellent comp% and solid Int%. Besides that, he's 4-2 as a starter, even with a beat up supporting cast and an OL that began to deteriorate as the season went along and is leading an offense that was--at the time of his injury--right at the top of the league. What more do you want?

Meanwhile, Brees is putting up some very nice numbers, but let's not ignore that his totals are inflated by a system that actually runs via the pass, and that he is throwing the ball at a breakneck pace. He is elite in comp% and YPA(which is usually a weakness in his game), solid in Int%, and mediocre in TD%...something that would shock the average fan who only looks at total TDs. Finally, he is leading a team that is just 4-4, though he has admittedly dealt with injuries to key players as well. More importantly, he has failed to produce points late in games at least twice against two mediocre (if not terrible) defenses this season--though one might quible with the Denver game; personally, I say if all you can get Gramatica is an iffy 43 yard field goal--and time isn't what stopped you--then you weren't good enough to win. But that's just me. I see a case for him making it as a starter, and I think he actually will do so, but there is no basis--should he be passed over in favor of Romo--for calling it a "snub" or waxing bitter about over zealous Cowboy fans. Ok, I'm done now, I swear.

Marion Barber: 50-50
I personally see him as no better than 5th in the NFC right now. AP hasn't quite been the world-beater we expected, but he's still the best talent in the league, and having a solid year considering the attention he receives. Portis looks to be a shoe-in, obviously. That leaves Turner, Gore, Barber, Jacobs, Bush and Westbrook, in that order. Westbrook has been the best in the league when completely healthy (yes, Skins fans, better than Portis) except that has only happened 3 times so far this year. He will gain should he stay in the game. Turner has been great-to-bad on a surprising team, Gore has been excellent on a bad team, and what Barber lacks in efficiency he makes up for in versatility, game changing plays and volume as opposed to Jacobs. I'd have him slightly above the big guy. All that said, I do not expect him to make it, as I think at least one of those other guys will really separate themselves in the 2nd half of the year.

Flozell Adams: Decent chance
Unfortunately, his name and his team might get him in. Started strong, picking up where he left off last year, had the best camp of his life, and then began to fade. Inexplicable. Has been a huge reason for the Cowboy's struggle.

Andre Gurode: Excellent
Has been a rock inside, for the most part. Has regressed a little from is peak to my eye, though it could be my imagination. Still very good and has the name recognition from making it the last two years. Injuries or a total team collapse are the only things that will keep him out. Interesting, though, that a team with two maulers like him and the next guy on my list would have such a hard time getting consistent push up the middle vs. the run. Hmmm.

Leonard Davis: Excellent
Again, name recognition here, but he's been superb again. Still, a step back from last year's dominating performance, but he just eats people up. Slightly less of a chance than Gurode because of the competition he faces at the position. Andrews, Snee, Evans, Joseph and Hutchinson all play the position. But if he holds strong he should make it...again, pending a natural-disaster by the team.

Jason Witten: Lock
The dude was having an all-time season before Tony went down. Might be the best all-around TE I have ever personally witnessed, with a devastating combo of receiving skills and blocking ability. Unfortunately, his name has now been added to the list of Cowboys who are fighting through injury. Only way he doesn't make it is if he goes out for an extended period with another injury.

TO: Long Shot
People are thinking, "wtf, TO is a lock, he will get in no matter what". Wrong. He's made a lot of enemies, who immediately emerge from the woodwork when he is found amidst adversity. The fan vote will not be enough to overcome the general bad feeling among coaches towards him, and the players, imo, are 50-50 for-and-against him. Without the numbers, he won't make it. At this point, he would have to have a mind-boggling end-of-season run to repair the damage already done to them.

Patrick Crayton:Lock
Making sure you're still paying attention.

All 5 of you.

Defense

Category I: The Pretenders

Zach Thomas: Decent
The dude just makes Pro Bowls. His fate will be determined by the team. He's been good but not great for us so far, and has actually provided a solid upgrade at his position, but isn't playing on the same level as the Willis', Beasons, and Urlachers (even in a down year, I put him up there) of the conference...and even not up to what Fletcher, Pierce and Harris are doing.

Brady James: Long shot
I think he's been close for the last two years. Doesn't deserve it, but he's one of those guys that can sneak through under the right circumstances. (you all know who I'm talking about......yeah, that's right DeAngelo :P)

Ken Hamlin: Decent
The guy has been a solid spot in a sea of turmoil this year. Its hard to tell exactly how good he's been in coverage because of the breakdowns all over the field, but he hasn't been getting posterized a la RW vs. the Rams. I think he's been good, but won't get recognized unless the team turns it around and makes a positive splash.

And yes, he's the only member of the best secondary of this decade who even has a shot at making the PB. So there's that.

Category II: The Real Deal

Jay Ratliff: Decent
This pick brings me to a point I'd like to make. Often times, a poster seizes on a position of less notoriety or one in which a player's contribution is difficult to quantify and says "(fill in name of player on said poster's favorite team) should make it, he is soooo underrated".

This is not that. You have to believe me. The man has put up 4 sacks, 15 solo tackles, 8 assists and 4 PDs playing undersized at the NT position in a 3 man line, where he is a marked man on every play. He has 2 recorded TFL, though that stat is unreliable and I have it closer to 5, maybe 6. I could not find the stat for QB pressures, but he has been getting after the QB every game. He's 4th among all DTs in sacks, but of the 3 ahead of him (Haynesworth, Robbins and Williams) two play the 3 tech, and the other one is in another conference. More than anything, he's been an absolute dog on every play of every game. Sadly, I don't know that he will get the recognition, but I would be by far the most excited about him making it out of anyone on the team.

DeMarcus Ware: Lock
I said before the season that I needed to see a little more consistency from game to game, and something resembling that "other gear" that great players go into when their teams need them the most in order to put him among the top 5 defensive players in the game. Now, he's earned it. The dude was an unstoppable force against St. Louis in every facet of the game, and harrassed the hell out of Garcia all day long against the Bucs. Of course, he also tied the record for most consecutive games with a sack, and has been a regular force versus the run with 4 recorded TFLs. I think that covers it.

All told, here is the breakdown from the team:

Lock:
Ware
Witten

Near-Lock:
Romo

Excellent:
Gurode
Davis

50-50:
Barber

Decent:
Hamlin
Thomas
Ratliff

Long Shot:
TO
James

That's 11 total. If we finish the season on fire, I think at least 9 of them make it, and maybe another 1 or 2 that aren't on the list but that emerge unexpectedly. If we fall apart and go 7-9, only Ware, Witten and probably Romo make it. If its in the middle, then we have a possible embarrassing situation in which Dallas has more Pro Bowlers than wins. That would be he ultimate slap in the f***ing face.

+ rep to anyone who makes it all the way through the post...without reading this line first. :D

Caddy
10-28-2008, 02:19 AM
I read it all!. Props for the Patrick Crayton thing.

Menardo75
10-28-2008, 02:46 AM
I read it too very indepth good stuff.

Sniper
10-28-2008, 06:46 AM

Andrews won't go. He's been hurt all year except for one or two games.

Sniper
10-28-2008, 06:49 AM
Not bad. Ratliff is very, very good.

Dirk360
10-28-2008, 08:55 AM
sack machine, hate to break it to you but romo is not very respected by head coaches around the league. they think he is soft and a walking fumbling machine. i read that in the preview mag. of pro football weekly. he has also missed 2 games (going on 3) and won't have the cumulative stats to get in.

the 3 qbs that will make it:
nfc
drew brees
kurt warner
jason campbell

NY+Giants=NYG
10-28-2008, 09:34 AM
When does the voting close? I forgot.

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 11:49 AM
sack machine, hate to break it to you but romo is not very respected by head coaches around the league. they think he is soft and a walking fumbling machine. i read that in the preview mag. of pro football weekly. he has also missed 2 games (going on 3) and won't have the cumulative stats to get in.

the 3 qbs that will make it:
nfc
drew brees
kurt warner
jason campbell

There's no way in hell Jason Campbell makes the Pro Bowl over Tony Romo. I'm not being a homer at all, but c'mon, you have to take into consideration who votes these guys in. Romo is respected by players AND coaching staffs, contrary to what PFW tells you. He fumbles a lot, but hey, so does Kurt Warner. Fans voted Roy Williams in for three years before they realized how much of a bum he is (oh wait, they still haven't cause he made it last year), so there's no way they don't vote in the (arguably) most popular quarterback in the league not named Favre.

Not bad. Ratliff is very, very good.
As an eagle fan, you should know. :D
jk

Dirk360
10-28-2008, 12:34 PM
There's no way in hell Jason Campbell makes the Pro Bowl over Tony Romo. I'm not being a homer at all, but c'mon, you have to take into consideration who votes these guys in. Romo is respected by players AND coaching staffs, contrary to what PFW tells you. He fumbles a lot, but hey, so does Kurt Warner. Fans voted Roy Williams in for three years before they realized how much of a bum he is (oh wait, they still haven't cause he made it last year), so there's no way they don't vote in the (arguably) most popular quarterback in the league not named Favre.

As an eagle fan, you should know. :D
jk

but here is the thing, peyton manning and brady are still more popular than romo. also, mcnabb.

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 12:35 PM
but here is the thing, peyton manning and brady are still more popular than romo. also, mcnabb.

Peyton yes, Tom Brady is popular but not as recognizable as Romo. McNabb is fat.

Sniper
10-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Peyton yes, Tom Brady is popular but not as recognizable as Romo.

You cannot be serious.

McNabb is fat.

McNabb is fat? Really? Um, how exactly, because I'm not seeing it. McNabb's completing 62.5% of his passes. Not too shabby considering everyone around him has been hurt.

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 12:41 PM
You cannot be serious.

Romo's face is on Sportscenter just about every freakin' day. He doesn't shy away from attention or cameras. Tom Brady is seen everywhere with a ball cap slouched low, always looking down. I don't think it's that much of a stretch to assume that Romo has a more recognizable face than Brady. He makes commercials too.

McNabb is fat? Really? Um, how exactly, because I'm not seeing it. McNabb's completing 62.5% of his passes. Not too shabby considering everyone around him has been hurt.

I'm not too sure how to react to this lol.

Sniper
10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Romo's face is on Sportscenter just about every freakin' day. He doesn't shy away from attention or cameras. Tom Brady is seen everywhere with a ball cap slouched low, always looking down. I don't think it's that much of a stretch to assume that Romo has a more recognizable face than Brady. He makes commercials too.

Your Cowboys homerism has reached an alarming high.

ElectricEye
10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Peyton yes, Tom Brady is popular but not as recognizable as Romo. McNabb is fat.

Uhhhh. No. Not that it matters, but no.

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Your Cowboys homerism has reached an alarming high.

Lol and your Cowboys hate has as well. How is that even being a homer? All i'm saying is that the Cowboys get a ton of media coverage, Romo does commercials and is stalked by photographers. What the hell does that exactly have to do with me being a homer?

Sniper
10-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Lol and your Cowboys hate has as well. How is that even being a homer? All i'm saying is that the Cowboys get a ton of media coverage, Romo does commercials and is stalked by photographers. What the hell does that exactly have to do with me being a homer?

If you truly and honestly think that Tony Romo is more recognizable than Tom Brady, you need to check yourself into the nearest mental hospital.

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 12:45 PM
If you truly and honestly think that Tony Romo is more recognizable than Tom Brady, you need to check yourself into the nearest mental hospital.

As should you to treat your un-merited hate towards anything Cowboys-related.

Sniper
10-28-2008, 12:46 PM

Oh, like when I've said Jason Witten is the best TE in the league? Or when I say I'd still take Terrell Owens on my team any day? Or when I say Marion Barber is one of the most entertaining RBs in the league? Or maybe it's when I think Terrence Newman is one of the most, if not the most, underrated corner in the league? Um, okay.

Turtlepower
10-28-2008, 12:48 PM

No, he is right here. Have you seen the millions of Stetson ads for Tom Brady. Or what about the huge amount of hype he got last season. The only reason you don't see him as much as Tony Romo is because 1 of them is out for the entire season.

Take this trophy, you've earned it.

http://www.donthaveacowman.com/Simpsons/Promo%20Homerism.jpg

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Oh, like when I've said Jason Witten is the best TE in the league? Or when I say I'd still take Terrell Owens on my team any day? Or when I say Marion Barber is one of the most entertaining RBs in the league? Or maybe it's when I think Terrence Newman is one of the most, if not the most, underrated corner in the league? Um, okay.

Oh okay, i apologize, i didn't realize you were the only one entitled to use hyperbole in your posts.

iowatreat54
10-28-2008, 12:50 PM

it's funny that you are actually serious about this

Brady has been the poster boy for the NFL for like the last 5 seasons, Romo is best known for not being able to hold a ball down for a kicker

Brady prolly has the most recognizable face in the entire NFL, if not it is 2nd to Peyton

Brady has done many more ads, has been in newspapers/magazines like a celebrity almost weekly up until this year, and ESPN has sex with him weekly, and when he isn't available they take give a hand job to Romo

please tell me you do not honestly think Romo is more recognizable than Brady

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 12:52 PM
it's funny that you are actually serious about this

Brady has been the poster boy for the NFL for like the last 5 seasons, Romo is best known for not being able to hold a ball down for a kicker

Brady prolly has the most recognizable face in the entire NFL, if not it is 2nd to Peyton

Brady has done many more ads, has been in newspapers/magazines like a celebrity almost weekly up until this year, and ESPN has sex with him weekly, and when he isn't available they take give a hand job to Romo

please tell me you do not honestly think Romo is more recognizable than Brady

I realize that BSPN loves them some Tom Brady, but you all are making it seem as if Tony Romo could walk into a room with a sign that says "I'm Tony Romo" and no one would care.

Sniper
10-28-2008, 12:53 PM
I realize that BSPN loves them some Tom Brady, but you all are making it seem as if Tony Romo could walk into a room with a sign that says "I'm Tony Romo" and no one would care.

No, we're not. We're disputing the completely ridiculous notion that Tony Romo is more popular than Tom Brady.

ElectricEye
10-28-2008, 12:55 PM
This is completely useless, but yeah, Brady has twice the national exposure Romo has. Maybe regionally Romo gets more, but Brady is twice the public figure Romo is right now. More than that, probably.

iowatreat54
10-28-2008, 12:55 PM

not at all...just that if you polled 10 average Americans, I bet at least 5 would recognize Brady (or some variation of that QB/Football player) and maybe 2 would recognize Romo, maybe.

again, Brady is the NFL poster boy, and for a while was tabloids poster boy, to think he isn't more popular and more recognizable is ridiculous

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 12:56 PM
No, we're not. We're disputing the completely ridiculous notion that Tony Romo is more popular than Tom Brady.

There's a difference between popular and recognizable. Everyone knows who Tom Brady is, i'm not sure i'd bank on a woman from Utah being able to pick him out of a lineup though.

Besides, what the hell is up with all you anyway? My initial argument was that Jason Campbell wasn't gonna get in over Romo and it turns into this. Go flame the guy that thinks Campbell will get in.

Turtlepower
10-28-2008, 12:56 PM

Most recognizable QBs in NFL according to Turtlepower:

1a. Peyton Manning
1b. Brett Favre
1c. Tom Brady
4. Tony Romo

Sniper
10-28-2008, 12:57 PM
There's a difference between popular and recognizable. Everyone knows who Tom Brady is, i'm not sure i'd bank on a woman from Utah being able to pick him out of a lineup though.

Besides, what the hell is up with all you anyway? My initial argument was that Jason Campbell wasn't gonna get in over Romo and it turns into this. Go flame the guy that thinks Campbell will get in.

Completion percentage of 66%, QB rating of 100.5 7.6 ypa, 8 TD and only one turnover (a fumble). Um, Campbell's good.

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Completion percentage of 66%, QB rating of 100.5 7.6 ypa, 8 TD and only one turnover (a fumble). Um, Campbell's good.

Never said he wasn't. Just said he wasn't gonna get into the Pro-Bowl, barring a catastrophic injury to Romo, Brees, or Warner.

iowatreat54

oh and he's on the better team, and not hurt

and sorry, back to Romo vs. Brady, that's a much more ridiculous statement than Campbell being in the Pro Bowl over Romo, so that's why it's being contended more

and seriously? A random woman in a bank would be more likely to pick out Romo than Brady? Are you really serious?

Turtlepower
I still am hesitant to put Campbell above the other 3 QBs in the NFC East, but he definitely deserves a Pro Bowl spot this season above all of them. To say that Romo deserves it more (even without considering him missing 3 games) is asinine.

Turtlepower
10-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Never said he wasn't. Just said he wasn't gonna get into the Pro-Bowl, barring a catastrophic injury to Romo, Brees, or Warner.

Romo is missing 3 ***** games. He is injured. End of story.

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 01:01 PM
I still am hesitant to put Campbell above the other 3 QBs in the NFC East, but he definitely deserves a Pro Bowl spot this season above all of them. To say that Romo deserves it more (even without considering him missing 3 games) is asinine.

And we all know how deserving players always make the Pro-Bowl, so why the hell are we arguing this? He's not getting in.

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Romo is missing 3 ***** games. He is injured. End of story.

Who the hell cares. Roy Williams played like complete garbage for three straight seasons and he was in Hawaii at the beginning of February every single time. Geezus, what the hell is up with you people. Realize the point i'm arguing here.

Turtlepower
10-28-2008, 01:02 PM
And we all know how deserving players always make the Pro-Bowl, so why the hell are we arguing this? He's not getting in.

You underestimate the amount of Redskins fans in America and how quickly people will start jumping off the Cowboys bandwagon.

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 01:05 PM
You underestimate the amount of Redskins fans in America and how quickly people will start jumping off the Cowboys bandwagon.

And you underestimate the amount of Cowboys fans as well as casual fans in the whole country that will click the little box next to a name as soon as they recognize it. It's not always about the best players getting in, the only people that realize how good Jason Campbell has been playing are Redskins fans and the real football nuts.

TimD
10-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Jets-
Good Chance:
Alan Faneca (Run game has improved and a big part of it is him.)
Kris Jenkins (If you watch the Jets you know how big of an impact he has. When he isn't in our run defense is pitiful. creates a push every time)
Darrelle Revis
Kerry Rhodes

Dirk360
10-28-2008, 03:14 PM

I'm not too sure how to react to this lol.

please, brady is the mvp and was on espn EVERY DAY last year! they were airing his RADIO APPEARANCES ON SPORTSCENTER! IF BRADY SAID something (for example "we want to kill teams") it was on espn! romo isn't the best qb in his own division! my mom could not tell you who romo is! she could tell you who brady is though!

Dirk360
10-28-2008, 03:17 PM
also, you are dumb if you think romo should get in the pro bowl. that would be as dumb as in 06 when he got in when he only played 11 games!

DMWSackMachine
10-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Anyone who thinks Campbell has a snowball's chance in hell of making it over a healthy Tony Romo is delusional. Don't know why we even have to deal with stupidity like this.

And its not a stretch to say that Romo is the most recognizable QB in the league. Its not true, but I think it is fairly close. The dude has crossover appeal that Peyton and Favre can't touch. Only Brady is close, with his off the field antics. I would rank them like this:

1. Brady
2. Romo
3. Favre
4. Manning

Now if we're talking about exposure INSIDE the league, or within the circle of the football community, than that list looks more like the one that turtlepower posted. Still, Romo is charging fast. At the current pace, he will be the most recognizable figure in the NFL in two years. He just has the perfect storm of factors in his favor.

Again, not that it matters, though. I'd give all that up in a heartbeat in exchange for a win this weekend vs. the G-Men.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Very true anyone who thinks there is any chance in hell Jason Campbell makes the pro bowl is dead wrong. I am obviously his biggest fan but I can tell you not only will he not make it, but I wouldn't put him there if I had a chance. A pro bowl QB is one who is a gun slinger and puts up huge stats. Campbell is not that, pro bowl does not award efficient QB's. Campbell is a game manager who is the reason why we are 6-2 but in no way does he deserve the pro bowl. There is no rewarding for being efficient, but for me I could care less. The skins only true pro bowlers are Clinton Portis, Chris Cooley, Mike Sellers and maybe Chris Samuels and Santana Moss. Guys who "should" make it like Landry and London Fletcher among others will not make the pro bowl. I will say though that it is a shame London Fletcher has never made a pro bowl. He's the new Fred Taylor. The guy is only behind Ray Lewis in most tackles this decade but has yet to be recognized. Maybe it's because he's short and stocky, but I'm sure he hasn't minded being under the radar his entire career.

Menardo75
10-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Campbell will be an alternate for sure. He is having a very good season if Romo does not make it, then it will probably be him.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-28-2008, 05:37 PM
I was worried as hell on draft day that we wouldn't get Jason. It was one of the stupidest things I had ever seen. Basically the Skins traded back into the first a day before the draft and declared that they were going to get Campbell. I was scared the whole day that a team that was interested in him like the Browns who really wanted him at 34 would jump ahead of us. All the analysts said that it was just smokescreen so we could take Matt Jones at 25. Luckily Jones went at 21 and we will never know if we would have taken him, God forbid. It was definitely one of the drafts worst kept secrets.

MetSox17
10-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Very true anyone who thinks there is any chance in hell Jason Campbell makes the pro bowl is dead wrong. I am obviously his biggest fan but I can tell you not only will he not make it, but I wouldn't put him there if I had a chance. A pro bowl QB is one who is a gun slinger and puts up huge stats. Campbell is not that, pro bowl does not award efficient QB's. Campbell is a game manager who is the reason why we are 6-2 but in no way does he deserve the pro bowl. There is no rewarding for being efficient, but for me I could care less. The skins only true pro bowlers are Clinton Portis, Chris Cooley, Mike Sellers and maybe Chris Samuels and Santana Moss. Guys who "should" make it like Landry and London Fletcher among others will not make the pro bowl. I will say though that it is a shame London Fletcher has never made a pro bowl. He's the new Fred Taylor. The guy is only behind Ray Lewis in most tackles this decade but has yet to be recognized. Maybe it's because he's short and stocky, but I'm sure he hasn't minded being under the radar his entire career.

SOMEONE, gets it.

Anyone who thinks Campbell has a snowball's chance in hell of making it over a healthy Tony Romo is delusional. Don't know why we even have to deal with stupidity like this.

And its not a stretch to say that Romo is the most recognizable QB in the league. Its not true, but I think it is fairly close. The dude has crossover appeal that Peyton and Favre can't touch. Only Brady is close, with his off the field antics. I would rank them like this:

1. Brady
2. Romo
3. Favre
4. Manning

Now if we're talking about exposure INSIDE the league, or within the circle of the football community, than that list looks more like the one that turtlepower posted. Still, Romo is charging fast. At the current pace, he will be the most recognizable figure in the NFL in two years. He just has the perfect storm of factors in his favor.

Again, not that it matters, though. I'd give all that up in a heartbeat in exchange for a win this weekend vs. the G-Men.

Make that two someones.