PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think declares?

SuperKevin
10-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Who all do you think could declare this year and why? I think we'll see a record number of underclassmen declare this year with the lack of overall talent in the senior class and the new rookie pay scales looming on the horizon.

Quarterbacks

Matt Stafford Jr Georgia- The hype and the potential are going to force him to declare. While I think it might be in his best interest to return for a shot at a national title, it'll be hard to pass up being in the mix for the #1 QB

Mark Sanchez Jr USC- There are a ton of reasons why this guy could come out. The guy has battling fairly minor injuries all year and the thought of that one big injury has to be in the back of his mind. It must also be hard having to look over your shoulders at former #1 player in the country Mitch Mustain and current #1 high school recruit Matt Barkley. Also don't rule out him noticing how hard Matt leinart was hit by staying in school for his senior season.

Colt McCoy RSJr Texas- A little undersized but I think his stock is at an all time peak right now. He's proved he has tremendous leadership and accuracy to go with the ability to buy time and make plays with his feet.

Sam Bradford RSSoph Oklahoma- Tall pocket passer that has shown he can make all the throws at least at the college level. Has excellent footwork and accuracy. Could be a product of the system but appears to have less of a learning curve than some of the other guys.

Tim Tebow Jr Florida- He's already accomplished just about everything there is to accomplish in college football. He has a national championship and a Heisman trophy. He may be a project in the NFL but it might be in his best interest to leave now before scouts get another year to dissect and criticze him.

Running backs

Chris Wells Jr Ohio State- Big bruising back with speed that is arguably in the mix for best RB in the 2009 draft if he declares. A poor junior season marred by injury and lofty expectations could be enough to keep him in Columbus but it's doubtful.

CJ Spiller Jr Clemson- Do I think he SHOULD come out? No but given there could be a drastic change in the offense depending on who takes over as coach, he might choose to bolt now rather than see his production drop even further

Shonn Green Jr Iowa- I don't know why I'm throwing this name out but I've heard rumors that he's willing to test the waters. He's a big back that could stand out with good workouts.

Javaris James/Craig Cooper Jr/Soph Miami- One of the two running backs will likely declare seeing how they are bringing in more talented running backs next year and there simply might not be enough carries to go around.

LeSean McCoy RSSoph Pittsburgh- Dynamic runner in the Reggie Bush mold. Could choose to leave now while his stock is high rather than stick around for potential Big East titles.

Wide Recievers

Michael Crabtree RSSoph Texas Tech- Has absolutely smashed most of the recieving records for players after 2 years. He'll be losing his QB this year and he might not be willing to try his luck with someone else slinging the pigskin.

Jeremy Maclin RSSoph Missouri- Talented WR who is dangerous however he manages to touch the ball. He's in the same boat as Crabtree in the fact that he's losing the only QB he's ever played with and might not want to try playing with someone new

Percy Harvin Jr Florida- Doesn't have the size of some of these other WRs but is just as explosive if not moreso than pretty much everyone else in the draft.

Darius Heyward-Bey RSJr Maryland- Tall, fast WR who's numbers are misleading due to poor QB play. He's my #1 WR going into the 2009 NFL draft.

Tight End

Jermaine Gresham Jr Oklahoma- He's everything you look for in a tight end and will very likely be the #1 TE if he declares and a certain 1st round pick.

Offensive Line

Andre Smith Jr Alabama- A monster at OT and in my opinion the best OT going into the 2009 draft. Some peopel have doubts about his ability to play LT in the NFL but I think he'll do just fine.

Defensive End

Greg Hardy Jr Ole Miss- Incredible athlete and all around DE for Ole Miss. Could be a top 10 pick and #1 overall DE if he declared

George Selvie Jr South Florida- Has very little future as a DE in the NFL but could be a tremendous 3-4 OLB. USF's failure to get to that next level of college football teams could lead him to bolt for the 1st round in the 2009 draft.

Everette Brown Jr Florida State- Tremendous player who will also probably be a 3-4 OLB in the pros. With FSU floundering as of late he could choose to leave rather than wait for things to turn around.

Ricky Sapp RSSoph? Clemson- Another player with excellent potenial as a 3-4 OLB. Sapp could be another player who chooses to leave Clemson now rather than deal with a new coaching regime.

Defensive Tackle

Vince Oghobasse RSJr Duke- He'd be my #1 DT if he declared in 2009. He's a complete player with excellent size. Is on pace to graduate after this year so he really has nothing left to do in college unless he thinks Duke has a shot at turning things around next year.

Linebacker

Brandon Spikes Jr Florida- I don't think any linebacker has been playing as well as he has so far this year. Absolute beast who should be a 1st round pick

Sean Weatherspoon Jr Missouri- Talented playmaker at OLB who could choose to leave while Missouri is on a good note. The Tigers lose a ton of seniors and he may not want to stick around.

Cornerback

DJ Moore Jr Vanderbilt- He's played at an All SEC level for 2 years now while at Vandy and may feel it's time to move on to bigger and better things. He could however choose to stay and continue to help turn Vandy into a legitimate SEC team.

Vontae Davis Jr Illinois- Fast CB who's probably a 1st rounder if he declares. I don't like him as much as others do but his stock likely won't be much higher.

Chris Chancellor Jr Clemson- Another player who could choose to bolt rather than deal with a new head coach at Clemson.

Safety

Taylor Mays Jr USC- Could be a top 10 pick and he could be a late 1st rounder. You don't really know with this kid. He has all the potential in the world right now though.

Kam Chancellor Jr Virginia Tech- Big athletic safety who realistically has a shot at being one of the top safeties if he declares.

More to come later. I'm feeling pretty lazy right now.

Babylon
10-13-2008, 11:51 PM
QBs
Stafford (gone)
Tebow (gone)
Bradford (stays)
McCoy (stays)
Sanchez (on the fence)

I think Sanchez is the hardest to predict. He'll only have about 15 starts by the end of this season which isnt a lot. But as you mentioned he has had some injury concerns, and he's been there for 4 years. I think in the end if he can get a 1st round grade from scouts he'll probably go.

Geomar
10-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Javarris James will probably be staying. He's been injured all year. High Ankle injurys are a *****! Possibilty we could go medical redshirt with him if he doesnt come back soon.

Graig Cooper could leave early. He has been very impressive this year with the added muscle. If he continues to make plays he could leave early this year as sophomore. (BTW for anyone who did not know he went to prep so he can leave this year if he wants to as a sophomore.) (Also, nice tidbit to add, He beat out LeSean McCoy for the starting rb job in prep school at Milford)

BTW LeSean McCoy is a true sophomore. (Just add an asterisk saying that he went prep and could leave early.)

Also Ricky Sapp is a junior.

ElectricEye
10-14-2008, 12:28 AM
I'll just do offense for now.

Quarterbacks;

Matthew Stafford, Georgia
He has all the reason in the world to declare right now. I think he might drop a bit once people start trying to look for something besides disgusting arm strength, but he should capitalize on the weak senior class.

Mark Sanchez, USC
He's waited his time, but everyone really knew how talented he was since the second he set foot on campus. He still needs more experience, but conversely he has a pro-style game. Another guy who can feast on the weak crop of seniors.

Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
Might as well go with his offensive line. To me, he looks like the best out of the bunch right now though. Probably the best combination of passing instincts, experience, and talent out of the bunch.

I think McCoy and Tebow stay. McCoy loves Texas, and while another year under his belt may expose a few things about his game, it's nothing that wouldn't get exposed during the combine and workouts with teams. I think Tebow, despite the accolades, will to pull a LaPorta here. He's having a real down year this year. Doesn't look like the same player. He has a lot to prove to pro-scouts as a lefty with an awkward release and playing in a pure college offense. Another monster year and some work with his mechanics could help his cause a lot. The opposite is true to a certain extent as well; he's a project no matter what and another year in the NFL can help, but I think he won't be happy with what the early buzz is and is the type who will want to prove people wrong. The wildcard in all of this is Josh Freeman. He has first round talent and is starting up to it a bit, but he needs more experience. He's built like a tank and fires like one as well, but it's kind of painfully obvious that he isn't NFL ready yet. He has a bit of a hitch in his delivery that scouts won't be entirely fond of as well.

Runningbacks;
Chris Wells, Ohio State
No brainer. He was probably ready for the NFL physcially last year. He has the prototypical NFL game as a runner. Top back in the class, easily.

CJ Spiller, Clemson
He's been thinking NFL since his explosive freshman season. To me, he has a lot a lot left to prove. He's a fringy first round pick right now, but he just seems like the type of guy who is going to jump ship early. Would be wise to return for his senior season.

LeSean McCoy, Pitt
Good triangle numbers and production should buy him a ticket to being selected somewhere in the mid-to late first round/early second. The runningback class this year has depth, but is overall pretty weak, so he might as well jump in. His stock is only going to go up if he declares.

Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
People are already keying in on him this year. He's not going to be any better with another year, so with Stafford presumably gone as well he should probably bolt before his production suffers.

Receivers;

Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech
What does he have to prove this season even? His 40 time is the chink in the armor. He's facing tougher coverage this year, and his numbers are only going to drop off despite the respect he commands. He's probably going to catch another 20 TD's this year. 40 touchdowns in 2 years is pretty ungodly. Might as well go out on that note. Doesn't hurt he's a surefire first round pick either.

Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland
He's going to put up some freakish combine numbers and look like a stud in workouts. The Anti-Crabtree will probably be a mid-first rounder based on physical attributes alone, but everyone knows he has nobodies throwing to him. 6'3/200/ with supposed 4.2 speed. Looks very good on paper. I would like to see more of production before I buy in though.

Jeremy Maclin, Missouri
Daniel goes, so Maclin will probably follow. He has gamebreaking speed and return ability...and doesn't look bad as a receiver either. Good hands from what I've seen. Looks like a more honest version of Ted Ginn to me.

Tight End
Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
He'll probably go regardless of Bradford. The only real true, Pro Bowl mold type tight end in the draft. Has everything you look for out a first round tight end, including production, which is a rarity amongst college tight ends. Should mid-first, with the potential to rise even higher.

Line
Andre Smith, LT, Alabama
He's having a dominant season and he'll have to answer question about his weight sooner or later, so he might as well answer them while he knows he's playing his best.

Matthew Jones
10-14-2008, 01:01 AM
Here's my list. I included all the guys mentioned so far and added in a few guys of my own. I'll update this if anyone else wants me to touch on some other players. New additions are marked in bold.

QB:

Will:
Davis - Even though he wouldn't be a first rounder, could establish himself as #4 quarterback
Freeman - Could capitalize on QB class and go in the first round despite consistency concerns
Stafford - Most people see him as #1 QB prospect this year, would be stupid to stay
Tebow - Wouldn't be benefitted by playing at Florida again, main issue is system QB tag

Won't:
Bradford - Only a sophomore, experience really counts at quarterback, could be #1 next year
Grothe - Has a lot of concerns that he should work on before he even considers coming out
LeFevour - Doubt he comes out unless he gets a first-round grade, small school hurts him
McCoy - Academic guy who cares about his degree, and Texas players usually don't declare
Sanchez - Could potentially be #1 next year, but needs a bit of work and some consistency

RB:

Will:
James - Could benefit from another year but would lose carries, could redshirt
McCoy - Could go in the first round if he comes out, has played well this year so far
Moreno - If Stafford does, I think he ends up coming out as well, defenses will focus on him
Wells - Might as well come out rather than risk injury again, could go as high as Peterson

Won't:
Brown - Should stay with Connecticut, although he is a potential first-round pick this year
Cooper - Could build stock significantly by coming back, likely first rounder barring setback
Green - I don't think his name has gotten out there enough yet to be a first round pick
Hill - Has had a very down year so far and should probably stay to try and turn it around
Scott - Needs another year as the feature back to go in the first, has durability concerns
Spiller - Could establish himself as top-10 as focal point of offense without Harper/Davis

WR:

Will:
Crabtree - He's young, productive, and Harrell is leaving after this year, stock is at peak
Harvin - Might be a mistake but Tebow is leaving and Meyer hasn't utilized him well thus far
Maclin - Same thing as Crabtree, stock is at all-time high with Daniel, could go top-10 this year

Won't:
Heyward-Bey - Should stay in school and work on finer points to avoid Troy Williamson comparisons

TE:

Won't:
Gresham - Should stick with Stafford, could develop into his #1 target and definite #1 TE next year

OL:

Will:
Render - Won't be the #1 guard but could definitely be the #2 and land in the second round

Won't:
Black - Hasn't really played as well as expected this year and isn't a likely first round pick at this point
Smith - Could go top-10 this year, but potential #1 next year with no competition from Oher/Monroe

DE:

Will:
Hardy - Probably needs to stick around, stay healthy for a year, and stop playing lazy to be #1 DE
Selvie - Probably the #1 DE right now and there's no point staying around, potential top-10 pick

Won't:
Brown - His name hasn't gotten out there enough, would compete with Selvie and probably lose
Evans - Should stay and get his degree, if he doesn't get in trouble again he could go fairly high
Middleton - Hasn't been playing that well as of late and could potentially be a high pick next year
Sapp - Should stay around and develop his game even under new coaches to be a first round lock

DT:

Will:
Marks - Has been a key part of Auburn's defense this year and is a potential top-15 pick in the draft
Oghobasse - Doesn't have much to stick around for, could be the #1 tackle and a first rounder

Won't:
Cody - Hasn't established himself as a surefire first round pick yet, should stay and develop his game
Jean-Francois - Just don't see him as a polished enough player to come out - needs to gain weight

LB:

Will:
Witherspoon - Has been playing very well and could be #2 outside linebacker this year over Cushing

Won't:
Spikes - Risky to stay with his play but shouldn't declare unless he passes Laurinaitis or Maualuga

CB:

Will:
Moore - Has looked like Revis so far and could potentially go in a similar draft spot due to versatility

Won't:
Chancellor - Might not even be best cornerback in his conference, should really stay and develop
Davis - Really needs to stick around and work some more on his game after mediocre year, #3 CB right now
Munnerlyn - I don't see him as being a high pick this year, but he could be next year with continued play

S:

Will:
Mays - Might as well leave, as he probably won't develop a mean streak in his senior year

Won't:
Chancellor - Has been playing a bit poorly as of late and would benefit from another year in school
Rolle - Is too invested in school and his studies to leave, plus is only #3 safety this year if he leaves

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 06:38 AM
Here's my list. I included all the guys mentioned so far and added in a few guys of my own. I'll update this if anyone else wants me to touch on some other players.

QB:

Will:
Freeman - Could capitalize on QB class and go in the first round despite consistency concerns
Stafford - Most people see him as #1 QB prospect this year, would be stupid to stay
Tebow - Wouldn't be benefitted by playing at Florida again, main issue is system QB tag

Won't:
Bradford - Only a sophomore, experience really counts at quarterback, could be #1 next year
LeFevour - Doubt he comes out unless he gets a first-round grade, small school hurts him
McCoy - Academic guy who cares about his degree, and Texas players usually don't declare
Sanchez - Could potentially be #1 next year, but needs a bit of work and some consistency

RB:

Will:
James - Could benefit from another year but would lose carries, could redshirt
McCoy - Could go in the first round if he comes out, has played well this year so far
Moreno - If Stafford does, I think he ends up coming out as well, defenses will focus on him
Wells - Might as well come out rather than risk injury again, could go as high as Peterson

Won't:
Brown - Should stay with Connecticut, although he is a potential first-round pick this year
Cooper - Could build stock significantly by coming back, likely first rounder barring setback
Green - I don't think his name has gotten out there enough yet to be a first round pick
Scott - Needs another year as the feature back to go in the first, has durability concerns
Spiller - Could establish himself as top-10 as focal point of offense without Harper/Davis

WR:

Will:
Crabtree - He's young, productive, and Harrell is leaving after this year, stock is at peak
Harvin - Might be a mistake but Tebow is leaving and Meyer hasn't utilized him well thus far
Maclin - Same thing as Crabtree, stock is at all-time high with Daniel, could go top-10 this year

Won't:
Heyward-Bey - Should stay in school and work on finer points to avoid Troy Williamson comparisons

TE:

Won't:
Gresham - Should stick with Stafford (i think you meant Bradford), could develop into his #1 target and definite #1 TE next year

OL:

Won't:
Smith - Could go top-10 this year, but potential #1 next year with no competition from Oher/Monroe

DE:

Will:
Hardy - Probably needs to stick around, stay healthy for a year, and stop playing lazy to be #1 DE
Selvie - Probably the #1 DE right now and there's no point staying around, potential top-10 pick

Won't:
Brown - His name hasn't gotten out there enough, would compete with Selvie and probably lose
Middleton - Hasn't been playing that well as of late and could potentially be a high pick next year
Sapp - Should stay around and develop his game even under new coaches to be a first round lock

DT:

Will:
Oghobasse - Doesn't have much to stick around for, could be the #1 tackle and a first rounder

Won't:
Cody - Hasn't established himself as a surefire first round pick yet, should stay and develop his game

LB:

Will:
Witherspoon - Has been playing very well and could be #2 outside linebacker this year over Cushing

Won't:
Spikes - Risky to stay with his play but shouldn't declare unless he passes Laurinaitis or Maualuga

CB:

Will:
Moore - Has looked like Revis so far and could potentially go in a similar draft spot due to versatility

Won't:
Chancellor - Might not even be best cornerback in his conference, should really stay and develop
Davis - Really needs to stick around and work some more on his game after mediocre year, #3 CB right now

S:

Will:
Mays - Might as well leave, as he probably won't develop a mean streak in his senior year

Won't:
Chancellor - Has been playing a bit poorly as of late and would benefit from another year in school
Rolle - Is too invested in school and his studies to leave, plus is only #3 safety this year if he leaves

Very good list IMO I think Smith leaves though, just my opinion. Think you had a typo there with "Stafford", but overall, that is very agreeable for me.

Matthew Jones
10-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah, meant Bradford. I don't think it's a huge deal though.

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 10:36 AM
QBs
Stafford (gone)
Tebow (gone)
Bradford (stays)
McCoy (stays)
Sanchez (on the fence)

I think Sanchez is the hardest to predict. He'll only have about 15 starts by the end of this season which isnt a lot. But as you mentioned he has had some injury concerns, and he's been there for 4 years. I think in the end if he can get a 1st round grade from scouts he'll probably go.

I think if Texas wins the National Championship and therefore McCoy will prob win the Heisman then he'll leave because his stock will never be higher

Babylon
10-14-2008, 10:49 AM
I think if Texas wins the National Championship and therefore McCoy will prob win the Heisman then he'll leave because his stock will never be higher

I think them winning it all and him winning the heisman (real possiblilty) could make his decision easier but not sure that has a bearing on his draft stock. If Sanchez and Bradford stay then he may see a chance to take advantage of that.

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 11:47 AM
I think them winning it all and him winning the heisman (real possiblilty) could make his decision easier but not sure that has a bearing on his draft stock. If Sanchez and Bradford stay then he may see a chance to take advantage of that.

I think of the big 3 QBs(Stafford, Bradford and Sanchez), 2 will stay in college. The other probably goes to the Chiefs in the first. I think if McCoy wins it all this year he could be the next QB picked and prob too early by a team like Minnesota-not necessarily in the mid-1st but late first/early 2nd which in my opinion is too high for him

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 12:03 PM
out
qb
josh freeman
mattg stafford
ryan perriloux

rb
cj spiller
chris wells

wr
d heyward bey
j maclin
m crabtree
p harvin

te
j gresham

ot
a smith
c black

de/olb
g hardy
g selvie
s kindle
e brown

cb v davis
t lindley

s
t mays

Babylon
10-14-2008, 12:31 PM
I think of the big 3 QBs(Stafford, Bradford and Sanchez), 2 will stay in college. The other probably goes to the Chiefs in the first. I think if McCoy wins it all this year he could be the next QB picked and prob too early by a team like Minnesota-not necessarily in the mid-1st but late first/early 2nd which in my opinion is too high for him

I have heard that the Chiefs have really scouted Stafford hard but i'm sure they all have. I really cant see him getting past KC no matter who declares. Stafford can make all the throws and everyone knows he has a cannon for an arm. He gets so beat up with their O-line being in shambles at UGa that he might as well get paid for getting his clock cleaned every weekend. McCoy could somehow slide into that #2 spot if several guys return but i agree with you that late 1st to early 2nd seems too high.

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 12:37 PM
its not a good sign if the chiefs are scouting you heavily.they dont do a good job scouting. he needs to go to a good team and not play right way. throw him to wolves right away on that offense and i see a david carr like ending

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Because I'm sure none of the other NFl teams will scout him now that they know the Chiefs are looking at him. Christ man, the Chiefs don't even have an opinion on him yet.

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 01:09 PM
if they dont. they should. probably why they are amongst the worst in the league when it coms to assesing talent, and they have no qb. they should be working on trade down scenarios so they dont have to pick him high and can get some players around him so he doesnt visit david carr land.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 01:15 PM
if they dont. they should. probably why they are amongst the worst in the league when it coms to assesing talent, and they have no qb. they should be working on trade down scenarios so they dont have to pick him high and can get some players around him so he doesnt visit david carr land.

So if a team likes a prospect (say the Patriots, for example), but the Chiefs also bring him in for a workout, then The Pats should just completely throw out the idea of picking that prospect? Just becuase they are looking at a possibility? That is what you just said.

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 01:18 PM
thats going a little overboard. but when the chiefs like a player that generally lowers their value. theyre not good at it. they havent made good decisions in the area of drafting recently

Babylon
10-14-2008, 01:19 PM
its not a good sign if the chiefs are scouting you heavily.they dont do a good job scouting. he needs to go to a good team and not play right way. throw him to wolves right away on that offense and i see a david carr like ending

I dont see why he couldnt start right away, he's played at the highest level in the SEC and he'll have well over 30 starts there by the end of the year. KC doesnt have that bad of a line in my opinion and they can add to that in the draft. Matt Ryan started right away for the Falcons and i love Ryan but he cant make all the throws that Stafford can.

I actually see some similarities between the two. The knock on Ryan was he didnt have the greatest receivers and always seemed to throw a high number of interceptions. Stafford doesnt have great receivers either and suffers from an atrocius O-line in front of him. If i had to choose between the two i would take Stafford.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 01:20 PM
thats going a little overboard.

Hmm, story of your life...

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 01:26 PM
right throw matt stafford to the wolves on a bad offense. you think thats the best course of action. that hes so good he can go out there right away, seeing what hes done in the games this yr. i smell brodie croyle part deux

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Listen, I don't like Stafford much either, but the fact that you are saying for sure he will fail is ignorant.

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 01:34 PM
im saying he will not live up to the expectations of a highly drafted qb. im saying on a bad team if he has to play right away it will be ugly. its not ignorant to say a player will not meet expectations. the odds are highly in my favor

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 01:38 PM
I agree, there is a chance of failure, but when you are assuring everyone that he will fail it is completely different than saying he may fail.

Babylon
10-14-2008, 01:59 PM
right throw matt stafford to the wolves on a bad offense. you think thats the best course of action. that hes so good he can go out there right away, seeing what hes done in the games this yr. i smell brodie croyle part deux

I said he could start right away but ideally all rookie QBs sit for a year or so. Economics are such they usually dont want big money rookies sitting on the bench. Do you really want to hint that Brodie Croyle is in the same hemisphere as Stafford?

CashmoneyDrew
10-14-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm working on a list of about 50 underclassmen that I think have a good shot of declaring. I'll post later. Oh yes, get excited.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm working on a list of about 50 underclassmen that I think have a good shot of declaring. I'll post later. Oh yes, get excited.

I think I peed a little...

keylime_5
10-14-2008, 02:09 PM
I think only beanie wells from Ohio State. Lawrence Wilson just tore his acl against Purdue this past weekend and CB Donald Washington (who believe it or not still might leave due to getting in trouble a couple times already here) is the #3 CB behind malcolm jenkins and chimdi chekwa (who has been absolutely stellar this year), so I doubt Washington leaves.

Babylon
10-14-2008, 02:17 PM
I think only beanie wells from Ohio State. Lawrence Wilson just tore his acl against Purdue this past weekend and CB Donald Washington (who believe it or not still might leave due to getting in trouble a couple times already here) is the #3 CB behind malcolm jenkins and chimdi chekwa (who has been absolutely stellar this year), so I doubt Washington leaves.

I dont think there is any doubt Wells leaves, backs are sort of unique in that they have a certain shell life and a whole year is a huge percentage of that time they have to run the ball.

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 02:21 PM

They done okay in this years draft. One or two more good drafts and they'll be contenders. Of course in one of those drafts they need a franchise signal caller

STARHEATHER
10-14-2008, 05:57 PM
well if theyve done so well how come their team isnt any better. theyll be back up in the top 10 next year again. theyre the best draft class on paper in the medica guides. but none of them are making them a better football team on the field. in many places, theyre worse

AkiliSmith
10-14-2008, 06:52 PM
QB - Matt Stafford, Josh Freeman
RB - Chris Wells, Knowshon Moreno, C.J. Spiller
WR - Darius Heyward-Bey, Jeremy Maclin, Michael Crabtree, Percy Harvin
TE - Jermaine Gresham, Ed Dickson
OT - Andre Smith

DE - Greg Hardy, George Selvie, Everette Brown, Ricky Sapp
DT - Sen'Derrick Marks, Vince Oghobaase, Terrence Cody
OLB - Sean Weatherspoon, Antonio Coleman
ILB - Brandon Spikes
CB - Vontae Davis, D.J. Moore, Captain Munnerlyn
S - Taylor Mays, Emmanuel Cook

Crimson79
10-14-2008, 07:42 PM
I think DT Demarcus Granger declares

Solomon
10-14-2008, 07:49 PM

If you do here are a couple other guys that haven't been mentioned in this thread that should be considered.

RB - Donald Brown, UConn. Having an All-American season. Doesn't translate to the NFL well on paper but his stock won't possibly get any higher.

WR - Kenny Britt, Rutgers. Rutgers won't be contending for a Big East title this year and Britt could jettison before being put in a worse situation next year. He will be one of the best (if not the best) big receivers available. Many junior WRs tend to declare early every year.

DE - Brandon Graham, Michigan. Has improved greatly this season. Still has alot to work on but pass rushers (even raw ones) are always a hot commodity on draft day and Michigan's terrible season might not motivate Graham to return.

DE - Auston English, Oklahoma. Underrated end may choose to declare if his stock is high enough, I think he is a better prospect than Dan Cody was.

DT - Demarcus Granger, Oklahoma. Very talented tackle is having a good year at OU. Had a run in with law off the field and this year had a scare with a foot injury that could've been worse. He might not take a chance by coming back for another season.

DT - Geno Atkins, Georgia. Disruptive interior lineman having another good year. He played next to Jeff Owens who came back for his senior year and suffered a season ending injury. I wonder if that'll be at the back of his mind when he makes his decision.

DE/LB - Antonio Coleman, Auburn. Is having a career year playing with Sen'derrick Marks, may be more inclined to leave if his more touted teammate leaves early as well.

OLB - Gerald McRath, Sothern Mississippi. The depth at OLB this year really isn't very impressive and McRath projects there at the next level. McRath might take advantage of that and come out early.

CB - Trevard Lindley, Kentucky. Tall, fast, corner is having a great year and could sneak up draft boards with his physical tools.

josh07039
10-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Based on his attitude and his pretty good yardage numbers despite ****** team play, Kenny Britt seems gone.

SuperKevin
10-14-2008, 07:59 PM
If Kenny Britt declared I'd put him in the early to mid 2nd round as of right now unless some of these other juniors stay in school.

SuperKevin
10-14-2008, 08:07 PM
So here is the list I think of potential underclassmen we've all come up with so far

QB
Stafford
Sanchez
Tebow
McCoy
Bradford

RB
Spiller
Wells
Moreno
Cooper
McCoy

WR
Crabtree
Harvin
Maclin
Heyward-Bey
Britt

TE
Gresham
Dickson

OL
Black
Smith

DE
Hardy
Selvie
Brown
English
Graham
Sapp

DT
Granger
Oghobasse
Marks
Atkins

LB
McRath
Spikes
Coleman
Weatherspoon

CB
Moore
Lindley
Munnerlyn
Chancellor
Davis

S
Mays
Chancellor
Cook

BackwoodsBoy
10-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Keiland Williams may end up declaring since Les Miles clearly doesn't want much to do with him. Even if Charles Scott leaves early I think Les Miles would use Richard Murphy over Keiland Williams at this point. Another thing to take into consideration is that he is already 22 and will be 23 before the start of next regular season. Shelf life is very important when considering running backs.

SMoore
10-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Keiland Williams may end up declaring since Les Miles clearly doesn't want much to do with him. Even if Charles Scott leaves early I think Les Miles would use Richard Murphy over Keiland Williams at this point. Another thing to take into consideration is that he is already 22 and will be 23 before the start of next regular season. Shelf life is very important when considering running backs.

Williams doesn't really have much wear on his body though.

Solomon
10-15-2008, 12:08 AM
So here is the list I think of potential underclassmen we've all come up with so far

Maybe Donald Brown at RB too.

CashmoneyDrew
10-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Sorry I couldn't get to my list tonight. Thursday night fo sho.

B-Dawk
10-15-2008, 09:25 AM
honestly i hope DB comes out after this year

Solomon
10-15-2008, 11:21 AM
honestly i hope DB comes out after this year

Seriously, I know UConn's playing well this year but Brown's stock probably can't get much higher right now and I don't think he should take the risk by coming back to school and toting the ball another 250 times. He's already had a pretty significant workload in his first two and a half seasons.

SuperKevin
10-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Seriously, I know UConn's playing well this year but Brown's stock probably can't get much higher right now and I don't think he should take the risk by coming back to school and toting the ball another 250 times. He's already had a pretty significant workload in his first two and a half seasons.

Yeah but it didn't reall work out for Kevin Smith who I feel is a very similar player. He still fell all the way to the 3rd round.

CroomDawgs
10-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Top Underclassman

QBs:
1. Sam Bradford (Stays)
2. Matt Stafford (Leaves)
3. Josh Freeman (Leaves)
4. Tim Tebow (Leaves)
5. Mark Sanchez (Stays)
6. Dan Lefevour (Stays)
7. Nate Davis (Stays)
8. Colt McCoy (Leaves)-I think He'll win the heisman and NC, prompting him to leave.

RBs:
1. Knoshon Moreno (Leaves)
2. Beanie Wells (Leaves)
3. Shady McCoy (Leaves)
4. CJ Spiller (Leaves)
5. Donald Brown (Leaves)
6. DeMarco Murray (Stays)
7. Charles Scott (Stays)
8. Shonn Green (Leaves)
9. Graig Cooper (Stays)
10. Anthony Dixon!!!! hahaha (Stays)

WR/TE
1. Jeremy Maclin (Leaves)
2. Darrius Heyward-Bey (Leaves)
3. Jermaine Gresham (Leaves)
4. Michael Crabtree (Leaves)
5. Percy Harvin (Leaves)
6. Kenny Britt (Leaves)
7. Damian Williams (Stays) A name I wanted to throw in there, of all the SC receivers he's been the best IMO.
8. Austin Collie (Stays) Havign a great year but I think he'll stay.

OL
1. Andre Smith (Leaves)
2. Ciron Black (Stays)
3. Sam Young (Stays)- Notre Dame's offense is worlds improved and He's a big part of it, but I think he stays a year to improve his stock.

DE:
1. Greg Hardy (Leaves)
2. George Selvie (Leaves)
3. Everette Brown (Leaves)
4. Brandon Graham (Stays)
5. Maurice Evans (Stays)
6. Greg Middleton (Leaves)
7. Auston English (Stays)
8. Ricky Sapp (Leaves) Everyone top underclassman on that team I think will bolt
9. Marcus Tillman (Leaves) Another good end on Ole miss, and I hope i never see him or Hardy in a OLe Miss uni after this year again.
10. Jermaine Cunningham (Stays)
DT:
1. Sen'Derrick Marks (Leaves)
2. Vince Oghobasse (Leaves)
3. DeMarcus Granger (Stays)
4. Geno Atkins (Stays)
5. Terrence Cody (Stays)

LB:
1. Brandon Spikes (Leaves)
2. Sean Weatherspoon (Leaves)
3. Gerald McRath (Stays)
4. Antonio Coleman (Stays)
5. Sergio Kindle (Leaves) Doesn't seem invested in school and is a freak who's having a good year, but prolly shouldn't leave.

CB:
1. Vontae Davis (Leaves)
2. Trevor Lindley (Leaves)
3. Asher Allen (Stays)
4. Chykie Brown (Stays)
5. Chimidi Chekwa (Stays)

S:
1. Myron Rolle (Stays)- Very attached to school doubt he leaves.
2. Taylor Mays (Leaves)
3. Kam Chancellor (Leaves)
4. ReShad Jones (Stays)

RET:
Brandon James (Stays)- Although I think he stays its worth throwing him out here he's a dynamic returner and the impact of Hester and Cribbs makes this a valueble position.

Babylon
10-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Top Underclassman

QBs:
1. Sam Bradford (Stays)
3. Josh Freeman (Leaves)
4. Tim Tebow (Leaves)
5. Mark Sanchez (Stays)
6. Dan Lefevour (Stays)
7. Nate Davis (Stays)
8. Colt McCoy (Leaves)-I think He'll win the heisman and NC, prompting him to leave.

RBs:
2. Beanie Wells (Leaves)
3. Shady McCoy (Leaves)
4. CJ Spiller (Leaves)
5. Donald Brown (Leaves)
7. Charles Scott (Stays)
8. Shonn Green (Leaves)
9. Graig Cooper (Stays)

WR/TE
5. Percy Harvin (Leaves)
6. Kenny Britt (Leaves)
7. Damian Williams (Stays) A name I wanted to throw in there, of all the SC receivers he's been the best IMO.

I'll finish up later...

I think you're spot on with most of these guys. I think if Sanchez can get a good projection as a 1st round pick i think he'll leave. I know he doesnt have a ton of game time but he's 22 and he has been there 4 years.

Solomon
10-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Oh yeah there's another name I wanted to add to the list of WRs. North Carolina's Hakeem Nicks, who appears to be in the same boat as Geno Atkins. He's having a very good junior season (33 catches, over 500 yards and 4 TDs) and just saw his teammate Brandon Tate get severely injured during his senior year. He's big, athletic and seems similiar to Malcolm Kelly. He might not want to take a chance on an injury by coming back for his senior campaign.

ChezPower4
10-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Top Underclassman

QBs:
1. Sam Bradford (Stays)
3. Josh Freeman (Leaves)
4. Tim Tebow (Leaves)
5. Mark Sanchez (Stays)
6. Dan Lefevour (Stays)
7. Nate Davis (Stays)

RBs:
2. Beanie Wells (Leaves)
3. Shady McCoy (Leaves)
4. CJ Spiller (Leaves)
5. Donald Brown (Leaves)
7. Charles Scott (Stays)
8. Shonn Green (Leaves)
9. Graig Cooper (Stays)

WR/TE
5. Percy Harvin (Leaves)
6. Kenny Britt (Leaves)
8. Austin Collie (Stays) Havign a great year but I think he'll stay.

OL
1. Andre Smith (Leaves)
2. Ciron Black (Stays)
3. Sam Young (Stays)- Notre Dame's offense is worlds improved and He's a big part of it, but I think he stays a year to improve his stock.

DE:
1. Greg Hardy (Leaves)
2. George Selvie (Leaves)
3. Everette Brown (Leaves)
4. Brandon Graham (Stays)
5. Maurice Evans (Stays)
6. Greg Middleton (Leaves)
7. Auston English (Stays)
8. Ricky Sapp (Leaves) Everyone top underclassman on that team I think will bolt
9. Marcus Tillman (Leaves) Another good end on Ole miss, and I hope i never see him or Hardy in a OLe Miss uni after this year again.
10. Jermaine Cunningham (Stays)
DT:
1. Sen'Derrick Marks (Leaves)
2. Vince Oghobasse (Leaves)
3. DeMarcus Granger (Stays)
4. Geno Atkins (Stays)
5. Terrence Cody (Stays)

LB:
1. Brandon Spikes (Leaves)
2. Sean Weatherspoon (Leaves)
3. Gerald McRath (Stays)
4. Antonio Coleman (Stays)
5. Sergio Kindle (Leaves) Doesn't seem invested in school and is a freak who's having a good year, but prolly shouldn't leave.

CB:
1. Vontae Davis (Leaves)
2. Trevor Lindley (Leaves)
3. Asher Allen (Stays)
4. Chykie Brown (Stays)
5. Chimidi Chekwa (Stays)

S:
1. Myron Rolle (Stays)- Very attached to school doubt he leaves.
2. Taylor Mays (Leaves)
3. Kam Chancellor (Leaves)
4. ReShad Jones (Stays)

RET:
Brandon James (Stays)- Although I think he stays its worth throwing him out here he's a dynamic returner and the impact of Hester and Cribbs makes this a valueble position.

If Myrone Rolle does not get accepted for the Rhodes Scholarship I see know reason why he'd stay. He already has his degree and He'd be a first round pick IMO.

yourfavestoner
10-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Percy Harvin, Brandon Spikes will declare. Jermaine Cunningham might, too.

Staubach12
10-15-2008, 03:35 PM

This is ridiculous, the Chiefs had a good draft last year and they're rebuilding, what do you expect?

And the notion that the chiefs looking at you makes you a worse prospect is... mind-blowingly stupid.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
10-15-2008, 03:48 PM
There is no way Rolle stays...He already has a degree...And he is constantly asked "NFL or Rhodes Scholarshitp NEXT YEAR"....Im 100% sure he wont be back...

But I have a fellin Preston Parker is goin to declare for the draft...i dont know why he would...But I have that feeling...

Definitely gone...
Everette Brown
Patrick Robinson- Needs another year though
Budd Thacker - For some reason our D-line like to leave early

May leave-
Markus White- See Budd Thacker
Dekota Watson- NeComing back will help his draft stock for the simple fact that he will be a SR...But I dont think he will get any better in college
Recardo Wright- May be just as good...if not better than Derek Nicholson...May leave to get off the bench at FSU

CroomDawgs
10-15-2008, 04:51 PM
This is ridiculous, the Chiefs had a good draft last year and they're rebuilding, what do you expect?

And the notion that the chiefs looking at you makes you a worse prospect is... mind-blowingly stupid.

Yea I mean they are horrible at scouting. Bernard Pollard 3rd round starter now worthless. What were they thinking??? Tamba Hali and Dwayne Bowe? Total first round busts guys. I mean Hali has 16 sacks in two and a half years, and Bowe is the best WR, but they both are horrible.

Mythbusta and all of his infinitie wisdom, aren't we so lucky

STARHEATHER
10-15-2008, 07:26 PM
how many games have they won with said great picks. how many pro bowls have their draftpicks went to the pro bowl the last 4 yrs drafts. the proof is in the pudding. all this greatness seems to be leading to an inordinate amount of losses since theyre doing such a great job. youd figure theyd win with superstars like tamba hali and glenn dorsey.

SuperKevin
10-15-2008, 07:28 PM
how many games have they won with said great picks. how many pro bowls have their draftpicks went to the pro bowl the last 4 yrs drafts. the proof is in the pudding. all this greatness seems to be leading to an inordinate amount of losses since theyre doing such a great job. youd figure theyd win with superstars like tamba hali and glenn dorsey.

You don't really understand the whole concept of a learning curve do you? Not every rookie is going to be an All-Pro from day 1. It can take weeks, months, sometime years for college players to pick up on NFL schemes. To declare a player a bust before he's logged any signifigant amount of time in the league is ridiculous.

STARHEATHER
10-15-2008, 07:33 PM
a learning curve sounds like an excuse. lots of players go out there and play great right away. some it takes a litle longer. being paid an awful lot of cash to get run over out there. id expect since he was the next warren sapp hed be able to go out there and be respectable. from what i saw on tape last year im not surprised hes getting gouged. it happened in college so one would expect it to happen in the nfl where the players are better. this dude is a never was jump off the train now before its too late.

illmatic74
10-15-2008, 10:42 PM
a learning curve sounds like an excuse. lots of players go out there and play great right away. some it takes a litle longer. being paid an awful lot of cash to get run over out there. id expect since he was the next warren sapp hed be able to go out there and be respectable. from what i saw on tape last year im not surprised hes getting gouged. it happened in college so one would expect it to happen in the nfl where the players are better. this dude is a never was jump off the train now before its too late. You are right they have maid a lot of mistakes Croyle for instance. But it is too early to call Dorsey a bust. It usually takes defensive tackles the longest to develop.

CashmoneyDrew
10-16-2008, 10:14 AM
I really wish I didn't have to spread around rep before everytime I can neg rep you.

CroomDawgs
10-16-2008, 10:57 AM
a learning curve sounds like an excuse. lots of players go out there and play great right away. some it takes a litle longer. being paid an awful lot of cash to get run over out there. id expect since he was the next warren sapp hed be able to go out there and be respectable. from what i saw on tape last year im not surprised hes getting gouged. it happened in college so one would expect it to happen in the nfl where the players are better. this dude is a never was jump off the train now before its too late.

You are so stupid its unbelievable. Yea the rookies who come in and play great right away usually are great players but look at Michael Clayton, ROY now a bust. Or how about Drew Brees? Everyone was given up on him and now he's lookin like an MVP. Mario Williams? Albert Haynesworth? Both got slow starts but hit the learning curve and now are stars.

I really hope you are never hired as a scout because whoever you scout for will have dismal years ahead for them.

Sniper
10-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Chris Wells Jr Ohio State- Big bruising back with speed that is arguably in the mix for best RB in the 2009 draft if he declares. A poor junior season marred by injury and lofty expectations could be enough to keep him in Columbus but it's doubtful.

Wait, what? He's averaging 6.75 ypc.

eaglesalltheway
10-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Wait, what? He's averaging 6.75 ypc.

I think that was a hypothetical...

CashmoneyDrew
10-16-2008, 04:03 PM
My best guess right now....

QB
Matt Stafford, Georgia
Tim Tebow, Florida
Josh Freeman, Kansas St.
Nate Davis, Ball St.

HB
Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
Chris Wells, Ohio St.
CJ Spiller, Clemson
Lesean McCoy, Pitt
PJ Hill, Wisconsin
Donald Brown, UCONN
Charles Scott, LSU
Mike Goodson, TAMU

WR
Mike Crabtree, Texas Tech
Percy Harvin, Florida
Jeremy Maclin, Mizzou
Kenny Britt, Rutgers
Hakeem Nicks, North Carolina
Preston Parker, FSU
Jacoby Ford, Clemson
Brandon LaFell, LSU

TE

OL
Andre Smith, Alabama

DL
George Selvie, USF
Greg Hardy, Ole Miss
Greg Middleton, Indiana
Ricky Sapp, Clemson
Everette Brown, FSU
Jeremy Jarmon, Kentucky
Vince Oghobaase, Duke
Sen'Derrick Marks, Auburn
DeMarcus Granger, Oklahoma

LB
Brandon Spikes, Florida
Eric Norwood, South Carolina
Sean Weatherspoon, Mizzou
Sergio Kindle, Texas
Rico McCoy, Tennessee

CB
Vontae Davis, Illinois
Trevard Lindley, Kentucky
Patrick Robinson, FSU
Asher Allen, Georgia
DJ Moore, Vandy
Captain Munnerlyn, South Carolina
Chris Chancellor, Clemson
Jairus Byrd, Oregon

S
Myron Rolle, FSU
Taylor Mays, USC
Kam Chancellor, Virginia Tech
Emanuel Cool, South Carolina

Just my guess. There'll be more than 49 that'll declare.

brat316
10-16-2008, 04:16 PM
I don't know I think Rolle might stay in college, to finish his degree, or graduate early. I am pretty sure he knows that not everyone becomes a success in the NFL, and he is going to need something to fall back on. He already is uber ultra smart, no reason he comes out early unless he finish college early.

Sniper
10-16-2008, 04:23 PM
I don't know I think Rolle might stay in college, to finish his degree, or graduate early. I am pretty sure he knows that not everyone becomes a success in the NFL, and he is going to need something to fall back on. He already is uber ultra smart, no reason he comes out early unless he finish college early.

His degree will be finished at the end of this year. Actually, by January IIRC.

Sniper
10-16-2008, 04:25 PM
From his FSU bio...

Rolle is on pace to complete his undergraduate degree before he steps on the field for his third season of college football...will have completed his bachelor degree in exercise science in just two-and-a-half years...will pursue a master's in public administration starting this fall...conducts research in the lab of biochemistry professor Tim Logan

http://seminoles.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/rolle_myron00.html

brat316
10-16-2008, 04:33 PM
From his FSU bio...

http://seminoles.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/rolle_myron00.html

If he really is going after that master then he might stay.

SuperKevin
10-16-2008, 08:42 PM
My best guess right now....

QB
Matt Stafford, Georgia
Tim Tebow, Florida
Josh Freeman, Kansas St.
Nate Davis, Ball St.

HB
Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
Chris Wells, Ohio St.
CJ Spiller, Clemson
Lesean McCoy, Pitt
PJ Hill, Wisconsin
Donald Brown, UCONN
Charles Scott, LSU
Mike Goodson, TAMU

WR
Mike Crabtree, Texas Tech
Percy Harvin, Florida
Jeremy Maclin, Mizzou
Kenny Britt, Rutgers
Hakeem Nicks, North Carolina
Preston Parker, FSU
Jacoby Ford, Clemson
Brandon LaFell, LSU

TE

OL
Andre Smith, Alabama

DL
George Selvie, USF
Greg Hardy, Ole Miss
Greg Middleton, Indiana
Ricky Sapp, Clemson
Everette Brown, FSU
Jeremy Jarmon, Kentucky
Vince Oghobaase, Duke
Sen'Derrick Marks, Auburn
DeMarcus Granger, Oklahoma

LB
Brandon Spikes, Florida
Eric Norwood, South Carolina
Sean Weatherspoon, Mizzou
Sergio Kindle, Texas
Rico McCoy, Tennessee

CB
Vontae Davis, Illinois
Trevard Lindley, Kentucky
Patrick Robinson, FSU
Asher Allen, Georgia
DJ Moore, Vandy
Captain Munnerlyn, South Carolina
Chris Chancellor, Clemson
Jairus Byrd, Oregon

S
Myron Rolle, FSU
Taylor Mays, USC
Kam Chancellor, Virginia Tech
Emanuel Cool, South Carolina

Just my guess. There'll be more than 49 that'll declare.

I read Jeremy Jarmon might forego pro football to pursue an acting career

mancl
10-16-2008, 09:18 PM
2010 is an uncapped year which means the rules for rookie contracts could be out the door. Because of that, according to something I read in PFW recently, a lot of underclassmen are expected to go in 2009 because of the more certain environment. One person predicted as many as 100 could declare early. Obviously a lot of those people will be making a mistake but...

STARHEATHER
10-16-2008, 09:54 PM
sergio kindle is flying up boards. two weeks ago, he was a mid rd. now hes moved all the way up to a rd 2 prospect. by the time saturday night is over he could be one of the ones at the top with problems some of the other guys (selvie, hardy) are having at the moment. i think he comes out and i think hes the first lb taken. the spotlight is on time to take the stage and take of the business in prime time. i feel good. he played well against ou, i expect him to do the same against the inferior competition. im excited to see chase daniel try to tuck and run against sk. he aint gettin far.this could be a breakout night for sk. even got a plug from charles davis on college football now, which was shocking i almost fainted as they rarely concentrate on anyone but the hyped guys. time to take your rightful place at the top.

SuperKevin
10-16-2008, 09:54 PM
2010 is an uncapped year which means the rules for rookie contracts could be out the door. Because of that, according to something I read in PFW recently, a lot of underclassmen are expected to go in 2009 because of the more certain environment. One person predicted as many as 100 could declare early. Obviously a lot of those people will be making a mistake but...

Could mean big things for the UFL if it atually does get underway in August 2009

Smokey Joe
10-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Could mean big things for the UFL if it atually does get underway in August 2009
Is the UFL suppossed to be like a minor leagues for the NFL?

SuperKevin
10-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Is the UFL suppossed to be like a minor leagues for the NFL?

More of an alternative to the NFL

Smokey Joe
10-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Anyone think Stafon Johnson might declare? It's not like his no. of carries will increase at all, and in fact, they will probably decline. He wouldn't be a first rounder most likely, but I could see him going in the 2-3 round range.

Jonny
10-19-2008, 09:35 AM
I don't think any of the QBs will declare. None of them will get high grades, even Stafford.

Kenny Britt is probably leaning towards declaring, even though his stats would be way better if his QB wasn't having a terrible year. Still don't understand why he isn't hyped more here, he's one of the top players in the junior class.

Sniper
10-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Anyone think Stafon Johnson might declare? It's not like his no. of carries will increase at all, and in fact, they will probably decline. He wouldn't be a first rounder most likely, but I could see him going in the 2-3 round range.

He should. He needs to get in a system that actually gives him the ball like the tank he is.

SuperKevin
10-20-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm going to add Reggie Carter the LB at UCLA to the list. He's been vocal this year about his displeasure with his role in the defense at UCLA. He's a solid player and with good workouts could be a guy who rises up into that 2nd round mix.

SuperKevin
10-22-2008, 12:08 PM
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20081021/SPORTS0101/810210382/1013/NEWS05

CJ Spiller says he's not declaring and that he hopes Dabo Swinney gets the permanent head coaching gig

illmatic74
10-22-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't think any of the QBs will declare. None of them will get high grades, even Stafford.

Kenny Britt is probably leaning towards declaring, even though his stats would be way better if his QB wasn't having a terrible year. Still don't understand why he isn't hyped more here, he's one of the top players in the junior class. I think it will be to tempting for Bradford, Stafford and Freeman. I see all 3 of them entering. Kiper called Stafford the 2009 #1 pick over the summer. Todd Mcshay named Bradford his #1 overall prospect. Also, with Ron Prince telling Freeman he is #1 pick in the draft. Special that there might not be a senior QB drafted on the first day.

CashmoneyDrew
10-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Eh, I'm not sure I can believe anything a player says about declaring or not this early. I think he'll reevaluate after the season and could change his mind.

P-L
10-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Kenny Britt is probably leaning towards declaring, even though his stats would be way better if his QB wasn't having a terrible year. Still don't understand why he isn't hyped more here, he's one of the top players in the junior class.
Wide receiver is stacked. Darrius Heyward-Bey and Percy Harvin are more highly touted juniors and then you have the redshirt sophomores Michael Crabtree and Jeremy Maclin. Also, the fact that he doesn't have a TD (even if Teel is awful) isn't helping his case.

SuperKevin
10-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Wide receiver is stacked. Darrius Heyward-Bey and Percy Harvin are more highly touted juniors and then you have the redshirt sophomores Michael Crabtree and Jeremy Maclin. Also, the fact that he doesn't have a TD (even if Teel is awful) isn't helping his case.

Yes but his size/speed combination is probably only second to DHB of the underclassmen. I think Britt bolts as long as he gets a 3rd round projection.

Babylon
10-22-2008, 01:39 PM
I think it will be to tempting for Bradford, Stafford and Freeman. I see all 3 of them entering. Kiper called Stafford the 2009 #1 pick over the summer. Todd Mcshay named Bradford his #1 overall prospect. Also, with Ron Prince telling Freeman he is #1 pick in the draft. Special that there might not be a senior QB drafted on the first day.

Of those 3 predictions i would listen to Mel and Todd, no offense to coach Prince but what else is he supposed to say about his player. He actually pulled out probably whatever hair he had left last season as i thought Josh struggled to win games, especially in the area of getting the ball downfield.

Predicting what QBs will leave early usually has a lot to do with number of games played in as opposed to what class they're in. Of the current group the most experienced would be Stafford followed by guys like Freeman, McCoy, Tebow and Bradford. The least experieced would be Sanchez in terms of games started but he is in his 4th year there at SC. just my take.

eaglesalltheway
10-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Personally, I am a big fan of Kenny Britt, and think he could get a lot of attention in the first two rounds. If his stats were better he may get more hype, but I think once scouts see him in action on tape he may rise back up draft boards. He fits very well in a WCO, he has good size and quickness (notice I didn't say speed) and gets a ton of YAC yards.

illmatic74
10-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Of those 3 predictions i would listen to Mel and Todd, no offense to coach Prince but what else is he supposed to say about his player. He actually pulled out probably whatever hair he had left last season as i thought Josh struggled to win games, especially in the area of getting the ball downfield.

Predicting what QBs will leave early usually has a lot to do with number of games played in as opposed to what class they're in. Of the current group the most experienced would be Stafford followed by guys like Freeman, McCoy, Tebow and Bradford. The least experieced would be Sanchez in terms of games started but he is in his 4th year there at SC. just my take. I thnk Aaron Rodgers only had 23 starts. I think it is mostly decided by their draft position except for rare cases (P.Manning, E.Manning, M.Leinart)

Babylon
10-22-2008, 09:24 PM
I thnk Aaron Rodgers only had 23 starts. I think it is mostly decided by their draft position except for rare cases (P.Manning, E.Manning, M.Leinart)

Those last 3 were all seniors, my point about experience was in response to who should leave early and who shouldnt.

illmatic74
10-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Those last 3 were all seniors, my point about experience was in response to who should leave early and who shouldnt. I was saying the Mannings and Leinart were projected high picks who came back to school which were rare cases. If the player is projected high they usually enter (Leaf,Rothelisberger,Young,Rodgers,A.Smith

SuperKevin
10-25-2008, 03:38 PM
So much for Kenny Britt not being able to score. 5 catches 143 yards and 3 TDs in the 1st half

ElectricEye
10-25-2008, 10:21 PM
So much for Kenny Britt not being able to score. 5 catches 143 yards and 3 TDs in the 1st half

Why in the HELL is this kid so underrated? I mean god, he has everything. I saw the game today. He was flying around. Shut out in the second half, but it was a route. Explosive, explosive guy when his game is on. This might be partial hyperbole, but I don't think I see a better receiver than Britt besides Crabtree, out of the eligible guys anyway.

SuperKevin
10-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Why in the HELL is this kid so underrated? I mean god, he has everything. I saw the game today. He was flying around. Shut out in the second half, but it was a route. Explosive, explosive guy when his game is on. This might be partial hyperbole, but I don't think I see a better receiver than Britt besides Crabtree, out of the eligible guys anyway.

Darrius Heyward-Bey is better than both of them.

ElectricEye
10-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Eh. He should prove it on the field, Chris Turner or not.

scottyboy
10-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Kenny Britt is the ******* man, I love him so much.

And before everyone else gets on his jock, remember me and gf1080 were there first!!

SuperKevin
10-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Eh. He should prove it on the field, Chris Turner or not.

He has with some amazing catches on the year. He's also be excellent on reverses. He's a Randy Moss clone in my opinion.

ElectricEye
10-25-2008, 10:51 PM
He has with some amazing catches on the year. He's also be excellent on reverses. He's a Randy Moss clone in my opinion.

He's close to being the same caliber of athlete. I've been a big Heyward-Bey guy ever since we all watched him light up Miami like a firecracker. He hasn't progressed much since though. It's tough. I wish Maryland had a legitimate quarterback so we could see what he can really do. I'm just not sure yet though. I would like to see at least one game this year where he plays up to his ability. There's something to be said for leading your team with 25 receptions though.

giantsfan
10-26-2008, 12:48 AM
tim Tebow gains nothing by staying in Gainesville. Everyone knows how good he can be in that offense. What teams want to know is can he speed up his release, can he learn to work from under center and make NFL reads. He should come out now and end up picked somewhere between 15 and 25 to a team where he can sit this year while the work on his throwing mechanics and footwork and then next year you really get him into the playbook.

CashmoneyDrew
10-26-2008, 12:50 AM
Tim Tebow will need to sit at least two year's IMO before he should see significant playing time in the NFL.

Sniper
10-26-2008, 12:57 AM
Tim Tebow will need to sit at least two year's IMO before he should see significant playing time in the NFL.

Years, not year's. But you're right.

CashmoneyDrew
10-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Years, not year's. But you're right.

Thank you kindly sir.

giantsfan
10-26-2008, 01:30 AM
I agree as a rookie you start slowly teaching him how to read defense but focus mostly on his mechanics and footwork, in year two you start focusing more on the mental aspects and learning the playbook while continuing to get repetition with the new mechanics and in season you let him loose.

SuperKevin
11-14-2008, 02:30 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/aggies/34378099.html

An article explining the depth at RB for Texas A&M that could force Mike Goodson to delcare as a junior

Menardo75
11-14-2008, 02:36 PM
I would say declaring-

Matt Stafford, Mike Crabtree, Andre Smith, Sen'derrick Marks, Lesean Mccoy, Knowson Moreno, Percy Harvin, Brandon Spikes, and Tim Tebow.

SuperKevin
11-14-2008, 02:39 PM
http://www.pe.com/sports/college/ucla/stories/PE_Sports_Local_S_ucla_fb_notes_13.4587769.html

UCLA LB Reggie Carter is said to be considering declaring. If it weren't for USC, Carter would be an all PAC 10 first team linebacker. He's playing OLB right now but is probably better suited to play inside. I've seen him play a few times and really like him as a 2nd round pick

CashmoneyDrew
11-14-2008, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few Tennessee underclassmen declare now. A lot of them are really disappointed how the Phil Fulmer situation turned out.

Menardo75
11-14-2008, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few Tennessee underclassmen declare now. A lot of them are really disappointed how the Phil Fulmer situation turned out.

What about the Clemson players do you think they are in the same situation?

CashmoneyDrew
11-14-2008, 08:05 PM

I don't know how they felt about Bowden. Cullen Harper didn't seem to like him too much.

Menardo75
11-15-2008, 01:04 AM
I don't know how they felt about Bowden. Cullen Harper didn't seem to like him too much.

Yeah Harper already had a red flag for getting benched. I can't imagine how much he is sought after now, after bashing his former head coach.

SuperKevin
11-15-2008, 01:06 AM

I think you'll see a lot of the Clemson defensive guys declare for some reason.

Menardo75
11-15-2008, 01:13 AM
I think you'll see a lot of the Clemson defensive guys declare for some reason.

Ricky Sapp FTW!

SuperKevin
11-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Ricky Sapp FTW!

I like the CBs Chris Chancellor and Crezdon Butler to declare for some reason as well.

Menardo75
11-15-2008, 01:19 AM
I like the CBs Chris Chancellor and Crezdon Butler to declare for some reason as well.

Seems like there is one more guy that we are forgetting about? Is it Mike Hamlin that plays for Clemson?

SuperKevin
11-15-2008, 01:21 AM
Seems like there is one more guy that we are forgetting about? Is it Mike Hamlin that plays for Clemson?

He's a senior. So is the other safety Chris Clemons

Menardo75
11-15-2008, 01:22 AM
He's a senior. So is the other safety Chris Clemons

You think Spiller goes? What do you think about Aaron Kelly? I think he could be a mid round steal good size and hands.

SuperKevin
11-15-2008, 01:23 AM
You think Spiller goes? What do you think about Aaron Kelly? I think he could be a mid round steal good size and hands.

Kelly's a senior. He's a twig which could affect his draft stock.

I really think Spiller stays in school to prove he can be a feature back.. If anyone on that offense declares I think it'll be Jacoby Ford the WR/KR

Menardo75
11-15-2008, 01:26 AM
Kelly's a senior. He's a twig which could affect his draft stock.

I really think Spiller stays in school to prove he can be a feature back.. If anyone on that offense declares I think it'll be Jacoby Ford the WR/KR

Do you think James Davis is an over rated RB? I think spiller is a way better RB and more complete.

SuperKevin
11-15-2008, 01:27 AM
Do you think James Davis is an over rated RB? I think spiller is a way better RB and more complete.

I actually like James Davis more than Spiller. He runs very hard and has adequate speed. I don't know if he's ever going to be a star but he's still my top senior RB at this point.

Menardo75
11-15-2008, 01:32 AM
I actually like James Davis more than Spiller. He runs very hard and has adequate speed. I don't know if he's ever going to be a star but he's still my top senior RB at this point.

Sad how they have had so much talent and done nothing, but dissapoint.

SuperKevin
11-15-2008, 01:35 AM
Sad how they have had so much talent and done nothing, but dissapoint.

The offensive line minus Jr C Thomas Austin has been awful

Menardo75
11-15-2008, 01:39 AM
The offensive line minus Jr C Thomas Austin has been awful

Is that why Harper has not performed well?

SuperKevin
11-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Is that why Harper has not performed well?

That and shoulder problems

Menardo75
11-15-2008, 01:42 AM
That and shoulder problems

Oh ok he really needs to do well at the senior bowl and combine(interview well) otherwise he is done for.

SuperKevin
11-15-2008, 01:46 AM
Oh ok he really needs to do well at the senior bowl and combine(interview well) otherwise he is done for.

He's still likely going to be drafted regardless unless his shoulder is done.

Menardo75
11-15-2008, 01:48 AM
He's still likely going to be drafted regardless unless his shoulder is done.

I ment to say his first day status but yeah. Willy Korn will be better anyway though.