PDA

View Full Version : 3-Team-Trade Possibility

thebow305
10-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Didn't see this posted anywhere. Seems like an interesting possibility involving Miami, Dallas, and Detroit to keep our eyes on as the deadline approaches.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/13/cowboys-to-sniff-around-the-other-roy-williams/

Thoughts!?

Turtlepower
10-14-2008, 12:00 AM
There is no way in hell that this trade happens.

Bruce Banner
10-14-2008, 12:01 AM
a three-way trade would become a possibility

Once again PFT makes a baseless statement. Where is the sauce PFT?

Joeyjr09
10-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Seems like a guy fishing for stories. It will never happen.

I much more interested to see if Dallas hops in an offers us back our 6th rounder for John Beck now that Romo is going to be out for over a month.

They were interested in us before and Brooks Bollinger ain't anything special. Beck could be their longterm backup.

thebow305
10-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Seems like a guy fishing for stories. It will never happen.

I much more interested to see if Dallas hops in an offers us back our 6th rounder for John Beck now that Romo is going to be out for over a month.

They were interested in us before and Brooks Bollinger ain't anything special. Beck could be their longterm backup.

Very true. I'm still hoping for that as well, as this seems like really our best shot at making that deal.

Also, I know Crayton is nothing special, but looking at our WR corps, I wouldn't be opposed to sneaking him away from Dallas if he could be had for cheap.

CashmoneyDrew
10-14-2008, 12:55 AM
There is no reason the Cowboys would trade for Beck. What would be the point? Romo's probably going to miss 3 games. By the time Beck got in and learned the system it would be Romo time again anyways. If they want Beck that badly, they'll just wait until the offseason and pick him up when the Dolphins cut him. I don't see the Cowboys trading for a WR either. They really don't need that much more to worry about on offense.

Joeyjr09
10-14-2008, 01:38 AM
There is no reason the Cowboys would trade for Beck. What would be the point? Romo's probably going to miss 3 games. By the time Beck got in and learned the system it would be Romo time again anyways. If they want Beck that badly, they'll just wait until the offseason and pick him up when the Dolphins cut him. I don't see the Cowboys trading for a WR either. They really don't need that much more to worry about on offense.

Don't think the Dolphins would cut Beck anytime soon.

He still has some value and you could do alot worse for a number 3 QB. Dolphins can afford to sit on him for awhile if they don't get an offer they want.

And despite his setbacks, Beck still has some talent and could at the very least be a solid backup in this league, ala Trent Dilfer.

ElectricEye
10-14-2008, 01:40 AM
http://www.profootballtalk

Stopped reading.

Menardo75
10-14-2008, 02:23 AM
wow some peoples kids

Scotty D
10-14-2008, 03:10 AM
Honestly, it makes sense. Maybe because its 4 am and I've had 4 monsters and a box of honey buns. But has a three way trade ever actually even happened in the NFL? I'm pretty sure its allowed but I can't remember one in my lifetime. I think Dallas making a move for both Roy Williams and John Kitna makes a lot of sense. But you need to get it done soon. Start Brad Johnson this week and let Kitna learn as much as he can before next Sunday. Then you can squeeze 3-4 starts out of Kitna. I think Kitna can still play, but the misery of Detroit football has swallowed the life out of him. Compensation is a good debate, but I think Dallas should do it.

Hawk
10-14-2008, 09:08 AM
This isn't baseball. Three way trades don't happen in the NFL, much less midseason.

MetSox17
10-14-2008, 09:10 AM
While i would love for something like this to happen, there's no sense to even think about something as cynical as this.

Hines
10-14-2008, 09:46 AM
I would love to give the Cowboys either Leftwhich or Batch for a pick.

MetSox17
10-14-2008, 09:51 AM
I would love to give the Cowboys either Leftwhich or Batch for a pick.

Neither of them would be of any use to us this year, so there's no chance we give up anything for a QB. Maybe in the off-season.

CJSchneider
10-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Not gonna happen.

Brent
10-14-2008, 11:37 AM
I love baseless speculation.

Flyboy
10-14-2008, 12:11 PM
What is this? The NBA? Lawlz.

Vikes99ej
10-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Can we just make a "Things We Heard on PFT" Thread?

Menardo75
10-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Honestly, it makes sense. Maybe because its 4 am and I've had 4 monsters and a box of honey buns. But has a three way trade ever actually even happened in the NFL? I'm pretty sure its allowed but I can't remember one in my lifetime. I think Dallas making a move for both Roy Williams and John Kitna makes a lot of sense. But you need to get it done soon. Start Brad Johnson this week and let Kitna learn as much as he can before next Sunday. Then you can squeeze 3-4 starts out of Kitna. I think Kitna can still play, but the misery of Detroit football has swallowed the life out of him. Compensation is a good debate, but I think Dallas should do it.

It actually has when the Niners traded T.O. to the Ravens then they traded him to Philly. I believe the Niners got Brandon Whiting and the Ravens got a third round pick.

BlindSite
10-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Yeah, that deal was funny. The Ravens were like "YAY, a receiver!" then the NFL just went "lol no!" and they got a 3rd round pick.

Gay Ork Wang
10-14-2008, 05:13 PM
I think there was also that biggest draft trade that included 11 picks that was like Broncos and 2 other teams