PDA

View Full Version : James Hall to STL

Xiomera
03-02-2007, 01:12 PM
It's being reported that the Lions sent James Hall to STL for yet another 5th round pick.

We now have 4!?

I gotta think Detroit will use some of them to position themselves better to get who they want.

asmitty45
03-02-2007, 01:21 PM
I really hope so, I like the fact that Millen is making some decent trades and that he's already adressed 2 major needs.

We can only hope they trade down and get Gaines/Willis

detroit4life
03-02-2007, 02:54 PM
yea good job by millen getting something for him. 4 fifth round picks i wonder where they're going with this a trade up? I hope so move into the third or second and get some more starting quality players. DO you guys see any other trades going down before the draft cuz i think he may be done until trying to move down from #2

P-L
03-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Decent trade. Although I think this could put pressure on Millen to take Gaines Adams in the 1st Round and he could lose some leverage in trying to trade down. I'm not sure how much Millen is going to be able to sell the idea that he plans on taking Thomas (after we traded for Foster and got rid of Hall) or Johnson (I still think no one will believe he has an interest in taking 4 receivers in 5 years).

TacticaLion
03-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Decent trade. Although I think this could put pressure on Millen to take Gaines Adams in the 1st Round and he could lose some leverage in trying to trade down. I'm not sure how much Millen is going to be able to sell the idea that he plans on taking Thomas (after we traded for Foster and got rid of Hall) or Johnson (I still think no one will believe he has an interest in taking 4 receivers in 5 years).Actually, Millen doesn't have to sell ANYTHING anymore, because every pick becomes an option. The Browns would probably take JThomas as well, which means that if someone wants him, they have to trade with us. Same with any top player left after the first pick.

So, I think we're in great shape. We've filled holes and improved the team and STILL have a lot of leverage in the draft.

Iamcanadian
03-02-2007, 11:53 PM
I'd say he working hard to get a trade with either Arizona, Minny or Miami. However, they are all rebuilding team who will be very reluctant to give up picks, so we'll have to see what he can accomplish. It's down to Quinn, Johnson or Adams with Adams no doubt Marinelli's desire.

detroit4life
03-02-2007, 11:59 PM
he was going to cut hall anyway that was known so getting a fifth round pick for a player we woulda cut on sat. is a great deal

WMD
03-03-2007, 05:06 AM
Not a bad deal.. Having four Round 5's is pretty damn interesting.

Xiomera
03-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Not a bad deal.. Having four Round 5's is pretty damn interesting.

Millen is trying to get all of the 5th round picks . . . it's a genius strategy if you ask me, lol.

Just for fun, I present to you Matt Millen's history of 5th round picks:

2006 - Jonathan Scott
2005 - Dan Orlovsky
2004 - Alex Lewis
2003 - James Davis
2002 - John Owens
2001 - Scotty Anderson, Mike McMahon

Not bad, not good. I have to think Millen can hit on two or three of those picks if we keep them all.