PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Rogers

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2008, 02:02 AM
This is 3 games now I've seen him cheapshot the QB with no flag or fine.

Is he trying to end Careers?

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6410/nybrownsmnfes1.png

Bruce Banner
10-14-2008, 02:03 AM
This is 3 games now I've seen him cheapshot the QB with no flag or fine.

Is he trying to end Careers?

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6410/nybrownsmnfes1.png

That last one doesn't look fun. Palmer's injury instantly comes to mind.

Which reminds me.....what is a Steelers fan doing accusing another team of trying to end QB careers?

locseti
10-14-2008, 02:06 AM
The OLinemen was called for a hold on that play because he basically tackled Rogers, sending him falling into Eli's knee.

Turtlepower
10-14-2008, 02:08 AM
The OLinemen was called for a hold on that play because he basically tackled Rogers, sending him falling into Eli's knee.

Yeah, I'm a Giants fan and it was completely Seubert (or O'hara) who held him into Eli. It was not Rogers fault at all for tackling low on that play.

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2008, 02:08 AM
That last one doesn't look fun. Palmer's injury instantly comes to mind.

The difference being that Kimo was actually trying to not injure Palmer.

Looks near identical to brady's injury.

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2008/09/08/image4427884.jpg

Turtlepower
10-14-2008, 02:09 AM
So I guess it is safe to assume that you know when someone is trying to injure a player and when someone isn't. Good to know that you can read minds.

Bruce Banner
10-14-2008, 02:09 AM
Stiller, it's time to confront the other posts in the thread. Then crawl back into your hole when you realize that you failed at trying to make a divisional rival look bad.

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Eh, I'm sure the Lineman tackled him, But He clearly had no problem rolling INTO the knee, as opposed to the clear fall..

Much Like Wilforks Elbow to the knee last year no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3POT8n2Qk3g

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2008, 02:11 AM
Stiller, it's time to confront the other posts in the thread. Then crawl back into your hole when you realize that you failed at trying to make a divisional rival look bad.

WTF?

Seriously? I could give a crap about the Browns, They make themselves look bad, I don't need to bag on them.

I just think it's ridiculous this guy is getting free shots at QB's.

God forbid I have a ******* opinion.

locseti
10-14-2008, 02:19 AM
Eh, I'm sure the Lineman tackled him, But He clearly had no problem rolling INTO the knee, as opposed to the clear fall..

Much Like Wilforks Elbow to the knee last year no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3POT8n2Qk3g

No, it doesen't look anything like that play because Wilfork intentionally elbowed Losman as he was falling and Rogers was tackled into the Qb. Why would any defensive player go out of his way to try and avoid hitting the QB when it was the olinemen's force that propelled him towards the QB?

Bruce Banner
10-14-2008, 02:22 AM
WTF?

Seriously? I could give a crap about the Browns, They make themselves look bad, I don't need to bag on them.

Calm down Stiller.

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2008, 02:35 AM
No, it doesen't look anything like that play because Wilfork intentionally elbowed Losman as he was falling and Rogers was tackled into the Qb. Why would any defensive player go out of his way to try and avoid hitting the QB when it was the olinemen's force that propelled him towards the QB?

I'm not saying they don't.. but look at the pics.

Rogers was far enough away that he could have made any effort to avoid attacking Mannings knee, but he went full on trying to roll into it as well..

When he's coming down he's in the front of the knee, hits on the side, rolls into the back of the knee.

kalbears13
10-14-2008, 03:20 AM
From the pictures it looks like he's pulling Eli's foot back which wouldn't hurt as much as him rolling onto his knee sideways with his body weight.

Saints-Tigers
10-14-2008, 03:21 AM
Dude, his head is facing the ground in every frame, how does he know if the ball is out? Should he just assume its out and stop?

BlindSite
10-14-2008, 06:11 AM
If you're hitting a player who's standing still and not adjusting their body for the hit there's always going to be the potential for injury.

Number 10
10-14-2008, 07:06 AM
Neither of Rogers hits on Manning were dirty. The play pictured above was a result of Rich Seubert tackling Rogers into Manning.

themaninblack
10-14-2008, 11:35 AM
I didn't think they were dirty either. In the first pic Seubert basically grabbed his leg and tackled him, causing him to fall forward into Eli's knee. I don't recall the other one.

ironman4579
10-14-2008, 11:43 AM

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2008/09/08/image4427884.jpg

Funny how the blocker on his back looks nearly identical as well. He was clearly blocked into Manning on the play. I'm not a Browns fan really, although I love BE as a former Wolverine, but I'm sorry, that wasn't a dirty play.

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2008, 11:44 AM
I didn't think they were dirty either. In the first pic Seubert basically grabbed his leg and tackled him, causing him to fall forward into Eli's knee. I don't recall the other one.

That was the only one I saw in the Giants Game. I know he's lowered his helmet into a chest twice this season.

Watching the replay I'd like to thank people for point out Seubert, I honestly didn't see him tackling him.. looked like he gave the old "Look out" Block

ironman4579
10-14-2008, 11:49 AM
That was the only one I saw in the Giants Game. I know he's lowered his helmet into a chest twice this season.

Watching the replay I'd like to thank people for point out Seubert, I honestly didn't see him tackling him.. looked like he gave the old "Look out" Block

Not that I definately know what two plays you're talking about, but wouldn't you rather have him plant his helmet in a chest than go helmet to helmet? I'm pretty sure that's kind of the general area where you might want your helmet as a defender. Or do you mean as he was taking them to the ground/had them on the ground? Because that would be a different story.

keylime_5
10-14-2008, 12:26 PM
shaun rogers is awesome, he's having a great year in cleveland, great trade so far. that is all.

yourfavestoner
10-14-2008, 12:38 PM

Oh please...don't tell me you actually bought that act that Kimo did at the end of the play.

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Not that I definately know what two plays you're talking about, but wouldn't you rather have him plant his helmet in a chest than go helmet to helmet? I'm pretty sure that's kind of the general area where you might want your helmet as a defender. Or do you mean as he was taking them to the ground/had them on the ground? Because that would be a different story.

After the QB released the ball on both occasions, he took 2 steps and just Rhino'd the QB In the Chest/Shoulder area.

400Lbs in a small area, led with a helmet.. it's going to cause problems whether he drove them to the ground or not. But both times the QB "launched" For lack of a better term.

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Oh please...don't tell me you actually bought that act that Kimo did at the end of the play.

...You know that Kimo and Palmer were/are friends?

And If there was a guy in the league that I couldn't contemplate with intent to injure it would be him.

if he wasn't trying to get out of the way he would've landed on Palmer when he went down, not behind him.

awfullyquiet
10-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Wah wah wah wah wah.

Seriously dude. You come in, try to make a stink. And everyone tells you you're wrong.

Logical Options on why:

A) because they're all homers
B) because you're the smartest guy in the room
C) because you're completely blind (no offense to blind people)

Jvig43
10-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Im going with B.

PoopSandwich
10-14-2008, 04:22 PM
He was tackled into Eli, good job of taking a screen shot after the tackle and making it look like a cheap shot... Maybe it seemed to escape your mind that the player that blocked Rogers on that play got called for holding.

skinzzfan25
10-14-2008, 04:27 PM
WTF?

He's pushing 400 lbs.

I'm sure if he could stop on a dime, he would have done it.

robert pancake gallery
10-14-2008, 04:39 PM
shaun rogers what a cheap shot there, he should have let them hold him... i agree +rep. he should learn from troy polamalu and make good clean hits like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac-JYp25Bx0