PDA

View Full Version : Report: Lions ready to put Kitna on IR if no trade works out

Matthew Jones
10-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Apparently his "back spasms" are worse than expected. I applaud the Lions for trying to move him, because he's really not a good quarterback and I was appalled by his willingness to give up on the Green Bay game earlier this year, walking off the field rather than tackling Al Harris after throwing an interception. I have no idea who would trade for him. Hopefully Drew Stanton gets a shot - he's a former second-round pick who's never really got a shot but has a lot of tools to work with.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3642616

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 11:25 AM
I don't think thats the best way to entice a team to trade for him by saying if nobody takes him he's going on IR. I do think it's a good thing for the future of the Lions though because Orlovsky will become the starter and that will not last so they will play Stanton sooner rather than later.

BlindSite
10-14-2008, 04:16 PM
I really liked Stanton coming out, he wasn't my number one rated QB, but he was my favorite prospect. I know he's not been doing well in Detroit so far, but I want to see how he goes.

ChezPower4
10-14-2008, 06:13 PM
I think that Kitna's days as a starter in the NFL are over. I think that Jon would make a awesome back up though