PDA

View Full Version : Sintim Bandwagon

ammandss
10-14-2008, 01:29 PM
UVA OLB 3-4
Clint Sintim 6'3" 245 lbs

I was originally a bit skeptical about Sintim's prospects as an NFL player and saw him as a more rounded Darryl Blackstock but with less pass-rushing skills. I didn't see him step up in the big games his junior year and he seemed sluggish at times, especially as a top pass rusher.

However, he came into the spring 10 pounds lighter and was working out a lot with his best friend, Chris Long. He didn't have a good performance against USC but then they were running all day and he didn't get to show off his pass rushing skills.

However, since then he has really stepped up his game. Here are his stats so far:

Tack Sol-Ast TFL Sacks
USC 5 2-3 0 0
Richmond 7 3-4 1.0 1.0
UConn 5 2-3 0 0
Duke 6 5-1 3.5 3.0
Maryland 7 6-1 1.0 1.0
E. Car 7 3-4 2.0 2.0

7 sacks on the season

He has really been getting to the QB and even doing a lot better in coverage too. He actually had two half sacks against Richmond and should have had a 4th sack against Duke (incorrectly ruled an incomplete pass but QB's knee was down). He seems to have taken the next step just as Chris Long did in his senior year. He is the only 3-4 OLB prospect that plays the position full time in college and he's really improved his coverage skills too.

However, the story will be told in the upcoming big games as UVa has UNC, GT, Miami, Wake, Clemson and VT left on the schedule. But keep an eye on Clint Sintim because if he continues to perform he could sneak into the back end of the first round.

BuckDawg23
10-14-2008, 01:39 PM
What do you think of Virginia Freshman LB Steve Greer?

SeanTaylorRIP
10-14-2008, 08:01 PM
I think Sintim will be an underrated prospect in the draft pro process. One of those guys who goes 3rd of 4th round and becomes a starter for a long time. He has been almost unblockable this season.

BackwoodsBoy
10-15-2008, 03:28 AM
I watched 6 or 7 Virginia games last season watching Chris Long and Clint Sintim was hands down the 2nd best player on the defense. I haven't seen him much other than that and one big thing I would like to know about him before coming to any conclusions would be his versitility. Does he have the ability to play inside for added insurance? Can he play special teams? Is he equally good against the run as the pass? The more things you can do for an NFL club the more valuable you are.

In the games I saw he reminds me a lot of Mike Vrable. I would like to see more and if he can be as interchangable as Vrable has been for the Patriots then a lot of 34 teams are going to love him.

ammandss
10-15-2008, 12:48 PM
I think Sintim has improved a lot in pass coverage and in interviews stated that he has spent most of the off-season working on that particular skill. I like how he plays against the run a lot better than Darryl Blackstock and he has the body to improve against the run too.

Right now I see him as a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

As for Greer, I haven't seen much of him this season but I know Groh listed him as the backup at inside LB for the North Carolina game. Also, Groh must like him if he's playing as a true freshman too (Pastzor and Mihalik are the only other one I can think of - well, Cam Johnson is playing but only because of injury). I remember him because he was oddly one of three Ohio recruits that Virginia got (along with Mihalik and another O-lineman). But I'm definitely going to keep an eye on him.

And lastly Sintim was not the 2nd best player on Virginia's defense last year. That honor goes to Jeffrey Fitzgerald. He was a beast.

SenorGato
10-15-2008, 09:56 PM
I think Sintim will be an underrated prospect in the draft pro process. One of those guys who goes 3rd of 4th round and becomes a starter for a long time. He has been almost unblockable this season.

Agreed. He's one of those mid-round pick types that teams feel lucky to get. If he has a good combine, he might even have a shot at the second.

CW99
10-18-2008, 02:21 AM
I went to school with Clint back when he played under poythress and he is a hardworker oe of the best I have seen in my whole Athletic career. I really Hope Clint makes it and does as well at the next level as I think he can. The boy can flat out play.

ammandss
10-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Against UNC, Clint Sintim did not look good on the first drive. He was out of position on 2 big run plays and just wasn't getting any pass rush. However, after that first drive he was a beast. He was unstoppable rushing the passer. He played extremely well in pass coverage too. He was also solid in run D on his side and pursuing from the backside. He has really stepped up and was a game changer against UNC.

Final Stats for the game:

8 tack, 3 solo, 5 ass, 1.0 TFL, 1 sack (on an intentional grounding call)

That's 8.0 sacks on the season now.

ammandss
10-20-2008, 09:45 AM
As for Steve Greer, I'm not sure if he played but Darren Childs came into the game for Antonio Aplleby (who got injured early) and was a force. That was a definite pleasant surprise.

naruto613
10-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Sintim seems similar to Selvie as an OLB. Both killer prospects.

ammandss
10-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Sintim against GTech:
2 solo, 2 assists, 3.0 TFL, 1 FF and 1.5 sacks.

He is up to 9.5 sacks now and was a beast in the Georgia Tech game. He continues to be absolutely dominant.