PDA

View Full Version : John Mccargo ----> Colts: TRADE VOIDED

Tampa 2 4 life
10-14-2008, 04:58 PM
per PFT:

As it turns out, the Bills were involved in some trade-deadline maneuverings. But it didn’t involve the player for whom Bills fans were pining.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports defensive tackle John McCargo has been shipped from Buffalo to Indianapolis. Compensation currently isn’t known.

McCargo was one of three North Carolina State defensive linemen taken in the first round of the 2006 draft, along with defensive end Mario Williams (No. 1 overall to the Texans) and defensive end (now linebacker) Manny Lawson (No. 22 overall to the 49ers). The Bills selected McCargo with the 26th overall pick.

In two-plus years, McCargo had 25 games appearances but no starts.

For the Colts, McCargo likely will be an immediate starter, given their struggles at the position. Quinn Pitcock, a third-round pick in 2007, quit football prior to training camp. Ed Johnson, an undrafted free agent, was cut after being arrested for possession of marijuana.

McCargo is signed for three more seasons, at salaries of $572,500 in 2008, $835,000 in 2009, and $685,000 in 2010.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Mccargo gets his shot.

KCJ58
10-14-2008, 04:59 PM
great underrated trade for Indy a young DT

TheBuffaloBills
10-14-2008, 05:00 PM
He is a helluva player that is lazy and lacks motivation. I was going to buy a jersey of his before the season started. When he was out there, he played very well. I wouldnt be surprised if he makes a big impact early with the Colts.

Geo
10-14-2008, 05:01 PM
I am excited too, but I want to curb expectations. Let's see how it goes.

I've done some numbers work, and think the Colts will get a 4th round (at worst a 5th) compensatory pick for Jake Scott, so that might help give the team the leeway to make a move now.

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 05:02 PM
I think he'll make a bit of an impact but the Colts really need a stud DT and McCargo aint that. I couldn't believe he was taken in the first 3 years ago

TheBuffaloBills
10-14-2008, 05:03 PM
I think he'll make a bit of an impact but the Colts really need a stud DT and McCargo aint that. I couldn't believe he was taken in the first 3 years ago

He is young and has all the tools to be that stud DT.

TheBuffaloBills
10-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Anyone know what the Bills will get for him? Predictions?

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Probably a 4th or a 5th

d34ng3l021
10-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Hm. I always thought he performed well. He should be a good player for the Colts who are hurting badly at that position.

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 05:06 PM
4th round pick according to Schefter

Geo
10-14-2008, 05:08 PM
I remember him doing some good things last season, although obviously he fell out of favor with the team this season. Of course, they were able to get Marcus Stroud from the Jags, which was a super move. And I remember them signing a promising depth tackle from the Vikings this offseason.

awfullyquiet
10-14-2008, 05:08 PM
He is young and has all the tools to be that stud DT.

Agreed.

He's got time, a change of scenery and the colts D scheme would very well benefit him.

Geo
10-14-2008, 05:10 PM
4th round pick according to Schefter
I like that. As I said, I think the Colts will get a 4th round comp pick, plus McCargo is signed through 2010.

Of course, hopefully he and the team makes the most of this opportunity.

CC.SD
10-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Hm. Odd little move; these are the kinds of moves at the deadline I like, and not just because they got rid of a DT right before Ladainian comes to town.

This could be a good deal for Indy, it certainly smells like the Booger McFarland deal.

SuperMcGee
10-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Well, he was very clearly behind Stroud, Williams, and Johnson. Still very surprising to me. Not at all consistent and rarely fully healthy in his first two years, but not even Johnson could knife through the line like he did when he was on his game. Thought he could've been good, but Kyle Williams was the one to break out and I'm very happy with the three guys we have there at the moment.
I'm guessing Corey Mace will just be promoted from the practice squad now?

BlindSite
10-14-2008, 05:40 PM
4th for a former 26th overall. Call me crazy but I'd rather keep the young talented defensive tackle.

Brent
10-14-2008, 05:46 PM
I dont know how you could go to a team with Peyton Manning/Bob Sanders/Dungy/others and not get your act together and stop being lazy.

MaxV
10-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Love the move.

I hope he makes a difference.

Bruce Banner
10-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Dungy and that coaching staff will make him a winner.

Geo
10-14-2008, 06:24 PM
I hope so, but motivation mainly comes from within I think. Hopefully he makes the most of this fresh start.

I suspect how he'll be used is on first and second downs, if/when he is active.

BufFan71
10-14-2008, 06:43 PM
He is a helluva player that is lazy and lacks motivation. I was going to buy a jersey of his before the season started. When he was out there, he played very well. I wouldnt be surprised if he makes a big impact early with the Colts.

helluva player? yes he has the tools, but so did Brian Bosworth
he was a 1st round pick who couldnt even get on the field over players who were brought up from the practice squad.
ive seen him make 2 plays so far in his 3 year career.

hes been injured constantly, and hes come into camp (and fined) each year overweight.
im kinda happy he got traded
Im happy that the organization is ok with admitting they made a mistake in that the drafted mccargo
this give possibly gives us a little ammo for possibly trading up this year in the draft.

scottyboy
10-14-2008, 06:45 PM
he's not even half the player Eric Foster is

Gay Ork Wang
10-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Well apparently he sucks, since the colts picked up a DT to start over him

scottyboy
10-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Well apparently he sucks, since the colts picked up a DT to start over him

he's playing out of position, how the bloody hell do you start an undersized(yet ******* awesome) UT to begin with and put him at NT? Foster should be the starting UT in Indy, and he's the best ever

Gay Ork Wang
10-14-2008, 06:50 PM
If he was that awesome he couldve played every position.

Jordy could, he just decides not to

Bruce Banner
10-14-2008, 06:51 PM
he's playing out of position, how the bloody hell do you start an undersized(yet ******* awesome) UT to begin with and put him at NT? Foster should be the starting UT in Indy, and he's the best ever

Mccargo vs Zuttah

Who wins?

Gay Ork Wang
10-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Mccargo vs Zuttah

Who wins?
U mean Foster vs Zuttah

Bruce Banner
10-14-2008, 06:53 PM
U mean Foster vs Zuttah

What you said.

MaxV
10-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Foster is far from "best ever", but Scottyboy is right about him playing out of position at NT.

With McCargo, perhaps Eric will be moved to his natural position.

This is a good move. 4th round isn't a low pick, especially considering Polian's history of finding gems in that round, but Colts need a good NT right NOW.

tylerb929
10-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Foster has actually played surprisingly well at NT, but he will probably be more of a UT now who goes to NT during pass rushing downs.

Dam8610
10-14-2008, 07:22 PM
helluva player? yes he has the tools, but so did Brian Bosworth
he was a 1st round pick who couldnt even get on the field over players who were brought up from the practice squad.
ive seen him make 2 plays so far in his 3 year career.

hes been injured constantly, and hes come into camp (and fined) each year overweight.
im kinda happy he got traded
Im happy that the organization is ok with admitting they made a mistake in that the drafted mccargo
this give possibly gives us a little ammo for possibly trading up this year in the draft.

I don't like seeing this, considering that Colts DTs have had trouble playing for more than 1 season, especially when they make an impact, at least recently. For example:

Corey Simon: Played entire 2005 season (Colts ranked 2nd in scoring defense on the season), retired during 2006 season due to injury.
Anthony "Booger" McFarland: Was traded to the Colts for a 2nd round pick, helped the team to a championship, then suffered a knee injury in training camp 2007. Hasn't retired (to my knowledge) but hasn't played a down since 2006.
Quinn Pitcock: 3rd round pick in 2007 draft. Had a solid rookie season, retired for reasons known only to himself at the start of training camp this year.
Ed Johnson: Undrafted Free Agent in 2007, had a great rookie campaign, was released from the team after run-in with the law.

Hopefully McCargo can buck the trend, make an impact, and stay around for more than a year. For a 4th round pick, it's a very low risk/high reward situation for the Colts, at the very least.

BufFan71
10-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Hopefully McCargo can buck the trend, make an impact, and stay around for more than a year. For a 4th round pick, it's a very low risk/high reward situation for the Colts, at the very least.

mccargo has all the tools
i was realling thinking he would become very good
esp with the addition of stroud

but since Kyle Williams has played so great this year, and spencer johnson being not to shabby, i guess McCargo became expendable

its a good trade for the Colts, if he ends up succeeding, then Polian once again looks good
and if he doesnt play good, then its only a 4th

SuperKevin
10-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Sad news for me. I've always been a huge McCargo supporter for the Bills. I felt people put a lot of unrealistic expectations on him ever since we traded up to get him in round 1. I think he'll be REALLY good in Indy and well worth a 4th round pick.

I can only hope we do something good with this 4th rounder.

scottyboy
10-14-2008, 08:49 PM
What you said.

impossible, world explosion. can't ever happen. They'd engage in the trenches and the universe would explode with so many awesome molecules in such a small space.

tylerb929
10-14-2008, 09:20 PM
impossible, world explosion. can't ever happen. They'd engage in the trenches and the universe would explode with so many awesome molecules in such a small space.

Good thing the Colts don't play the Bucs for another 3 years.

Vox Populi
10-14-2008, 10:25 PM
He was good in spurts for the Bills. Wildly inconsistent. If the Colts can get a consistent effort out of him though they'll be getting a pretty good and versatile tackle who can play the nose and 3-tech in that style of defense.

locseti
10-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Good move for the Colts.

LonghornsLegend
10-14-2008, 10:34 PM
4th for a former 26th overall. Call me crazy but I'd rather keep the young talented defensive tackle.

I agree but for all we know they could of been on the cusp of releasing this guy...Very smart move on both ends, I like this deal.

Vox Populi
10-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Well, considering he was a first round pick and pissed about not getting any playing time I'm not surprised hes gone for that price. Kyle Williams has VASTLY out played him since their rookie years and now that we've got Marcus Stroud eating up the interior and Spencer Johnson rotating in as well he was getting upset about his playing time, so in typical Dick Jauron fashion he and the management got rid of a potential locker room headache. I liked what McCargo brought to the field because he was good for one big play in the back field every once in a while, but his inconsistency in performance, training and everything else was a bit much.

tylerb929
10-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Well, considering he was a first round pick and pissed about not getting any playing time I'm not surprised hes gone for that price. Kyle Williams has VASTLY out played him since their rookie years and now that we've got Marcus Stroud eating up the interior and Spencer Johnson rotating in as well he was getting upset about his playing time, so in typical Dick Jauron fashion he and the management got rid of a potential locker room headache. I liked what McCargo brought to the field because he was good for one big play in the back field every once in a while, but his inconsistency in performance, training and everything else was a bit much.

Maybe being traded for a 4th will knock him down a peg or two. A reality check to let him know to get his ass in gear.

MarioPalmer
10-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Wow, what a great pickup and McCargo will fit in perfectly with the Colts and the Cover 2 scheme and I think being around guys like Bob Sanders, Gary Bracket, Dwight Freeney, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and of coarse Peyton Manning I think his work ethic and habots will change. I wish the Texans or Bengals would have gotten him.

Vox Populi
10-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Wow, what a great pickup and McCargo will fit in perfectly with the Colts and the Cover 2 scheme and I think being around guys like Bob Sanders, Gary Bracket, Dwight Freeney, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and of coarse Peyton Manning I think his work ethic and habots will change. I wish the Texans or Bengals would have gotten him.

To be real... I doubt any place promotes high intensity play and work ethic like Buffalo does. The amount of production and performance that the Bills get out of average players is astonishing and I don't think that a change of scenery will get more out of him over the long term. He played with guys who worked their asses off every day in Buffalo with Posluszny, Mitchell, Whitner, Schobel, Williams, Stroud, etc. etc. There aren't many if any teams that work harder and that the Bills and I don't think any team squeezes talent out of its players like the Bills can as evidenced by last season's 7-9 season with 17 players on IR. A true working mans team and if McCargo couldn't get motivated by them, I have a hard time believing he will be able to get more motivated in Indy...

Menardo75
10-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Really good pickup for Indy worth a shot.

Number 10
10-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Polian rarely makes personnel errors.

I guarantee McCargo has a nice impact for the Colts.

Vox Populi
10-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Polian rarely makes personnel errors.

I guarantee McCargo has a nice impact for the Colts.

He might be a steady starter but hes not going to be the stud that people in the thread are claiming he will be just because "ITS THE COLTS" its a system defense and its similar to what the Bills run, not a whole lot is going to change other than his playing time which will make his numbers look better compared to what they were like for the Bills where he was stuck behind a guy picked 4 rounds later than him in the same draft.

MarioPalmer
10-14-2008, 11:42 PM
To be real... I doubt any place promotes high intensity play and work ethic like Buffalo does. The amount of production and performance that the Bills get out of average players is astonishing and I don't think that a change of scenery will get more out of him over the long term. He played with guys who worked their asses off every day in Buffalo with Posluszny, Mitchell, Whitner, Schobel, Williams, Stroud, etc. etc. There aren't many if any teams that work harder and that the Bills and I don't think any team squeezes talent out of its players like the Bills can as evidenced by last season's 7-9 season with 17 players on IR. A true working mans team and if McCargo couldn't get motivated by them, I have a hard time believing he will be able to get more motivated in Indy...

My bad, I didn't know the mentality of the Bills and their coaching staff. Sorry man. Hey, how is Ko Simpson doing up their? I remember him having a really fine rookie season then geting hurt last year and being on IR. Is he progressing nicely? Or has he regressed?

Vox Populi
10-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Hes an average starter right now. He screws up an assignment every once in a while, but nothing drastic. Hes solid covering his half of the field, and hes pretty invisible on the field for the most part which could be a good thing, but he doesn't make many plays and is about at the same level as when he was a rookie. He was a good value where we picked him up and is certainly better than George Wilson or Bryan Scott. He just doesn't play in the box very well when we could use some help stopping the run. I know the Bills haven't been beaten deep at all this year though, so he must be doing something right and keeping teams going short against us, and thats what we let teams do. We'll give them the flats.

MarioPalmer
10-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Yeah, he was one of the guys that I had wished the Texans could have grabbed in the 2006 draft. Pissed me off a little, I remember his 1rst year in college playing for a D1 program. He was being considered 1rst rounder, but he started to show some weaknesses and dropped. But still, you got to be happy that you find a solid starter in the 4th when most teams are just desperate to have a stop gap from the 4th.

Anyway, McCargo was a bit of a reach, but I liked his potential and he had great athloetci ability but your right, I think he felt like he was on the same level as Lawson and Mario when in reality he was a 2nd rounder that was picked in the 1rst. I think that hurt him because it inflated his ego and made him a bit lazy. No 1rst rounder should be a backup going into their 3rd year.

Number 10
10-15-2008, 12:18 AM
He might be a steady starter but hes not going to be the stud that people in the thread are claiming he will be just because "ITS THE COLTS" its a system defense and its similar to what the Bills run, not a whole lot is going to change other than his playing time which will make his numbers look better compared to what they were like for the Bills where he was stuck behind a guy picked 4 rounds later than him in the same draft.

He didn't have Freeney playing next to him, he had Schobel.

I don't think he'll be a "stud"...whatever that means...but he will make a nice impact for that team.

indyfan1985
10-15-2008, 10:43 AM
As a die hard Colts fan, Im just glad they made a move to get a talented DT. No he probably wont come in an be a stud for us, although that would be very nice. I do believe though that he will be a solid DT for us and I think could be better than Ed Johnson was. He certainly has the talent to be a good Tampa 2 DT. I still believe we will target a DT early in the 09 draft even after this deal. Hopefully we will get someone like Sen Derrick Marks.

MaxV
10-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Colts don't need a stud DT, just someone who holds his ground well vs. the run.

Vox Populi
10-15-2008, 12:09 PM
He didn't have Freeney playing next to him, he had Schobel.

I don't think he'll be a "stud"...whatever that means...but he will make a nice impact for that team.

And you think he'll get a better chance to defend the run on that defensive line? He might get better opportunities against the pass, but Freeney isn't near as good at defending the run as Schobel is. Freeney isn't a top 3 defensive end like he was a few years ago, and is better than Schobel by a pretty fair margin, but hes on a much worse run stuffing line now and that is what they are going to need him to do primarily.

BufFan71
10-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Colts don't need a stud DT, just someone who holds his ground well vs. the run.

mccargo is not the DT u want against the run

The Dynasty
10-15-2008, 07:20 PM
MCCARGO FAILS PHYSICAL
Posted by Mike Florio on October 15, 2008, 8:16 p.m.

A league source tells us that defensive tackle John McCargo has failed his physical in Indianapolis, voiding the trade that sent the 2006 first-rounder from the Bills to the Colts for a fourth-round pick and a half-eaten Kit Kat.

Per the source, McCargo has a bad disk in his back.

So now McCargo is returning to the Bills, where (if they keep him) he’ll have to play for a position coach who has called him out publicly.

“It’s like we’ve said from Day One, you’ve got to really want to play,” Bill Kollar told the Buffalo News. “It’s real easy to go and talk about it. But what you have to do is work and get better on the practice field and take it into the game.

“He’s got the ability. But deep inside yourself you’ve got to want to end up getting it done. You’ve got to end up doing it on the field.”

McCargo won’t be doing it on the field for the Colts. Whether he ever does it on the field for the Bills or anyone else remains to be seen.

There goes the trade. McCargo on the way back to Buffalo.

Vox Populi
10-15-2008, 07:20 PM
I guess he really won't be helping the Colts much at all then...

SuperKevin
10-15-2008, 07:21 PM
There goes the trade. McCargo on the way back to Buffalo.

I guess I'm happy about this. Hopefully he can use this as motivation and he can play his way back into a meaningful role for us

Bruce Banner
10-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Too good to be true.

BufFan71
10-15-2008, 07:23 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ails-physical/

MCCARGO FAILS PHYSICAL

A league source tells us that defensive tackle John McCargo has failed his physical in Indianapolis, voiding the trade that sent the 2006 first-rounder from the Bills to the Colts for a fourth-round pick and a half-eaten Kit Kat.

So now McCargo is returning to the Bills, where (if they keep him) he’ll have to play for a position coach who has called him out publicly.

“It’s like we’ve said from Day One, you’ve got to really want to play,” Bill Kollar told the Buffalo News. “It’s real easy to go and talk about it. But what you have to do is work and get better on the practice field and take it into the game.

“He’s got the ability. But deep inside yourself you’ve got to want to end up getting it done. You’ve got to end up doing it on the field.”

McCargo won’t be doing it on the field for the Colts. Whether he ever does it on the field for the Bills or anyone else remains to be seen

scottyboy
10-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Eric Foster is pissed. I feel bad for the interior OL and RB's of the next team the Colts play(hot damn I'm lazy)

SuperKevin
10-15-2008, 07:24 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ails-physical/

MCCARGO FAILS PHYSICAL

McCargo won’t be doing it on the field for the Colts. Whether he ever does it on the field for the Bills or anyone else remains to be seen

About 3 minutes too late :(

MaxV
10-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Oh well. Get Ramsey back, I guess.

Bills2083
10-15-2008, 07:39 PM
with the news that McCargo wanted out, I'm sure he'll gain a few enemies in the locker room.

Geo
10-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Well that's a downer.

Dam8610
10-15-2008, 07:43 PM
That's Florio. I refuse to believe that until I see it from a real source.

scottyboy
10-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Well that's a downer.

I swear, you guys better utilize the god known as Eric Foster. Him with Dwight and Mathis? ohhh bonerific DL

Dam8610
10-15-2008, 07:45 PM
I swear, you guys better utilize the god known as Eric Foster. Him with Dwight and Mathis? ohhh bonerific DL

Scotty, what was it like for you when Raymell Rice collided with Gary Brackett this past Sunday?

scottyboy
10-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Scotty, what was it like for you when Raymell Rice collided with Gary Brackett this past Sunday?

pants explosion.

Geo
10-15-2008, 07:50 PM
That's Florio. I refuse to believe that until I see it from a real source.
Good point. I came back to the comp and saw this, but I'm looking around and can't find any confirmation.

The closest thing is an AP story about McCargo waiting to pass his physical before he can practice, and that he's excited to join the Colts. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/wire/chi-ap-fbn-colts-mccargo,0,2718429.story)

I really hope he passes his physical and stays.

Dam8610
10-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Good point. I came back to the comp and saw this, but I'm looking around and can't find any confirmation.

The closest thing is an AP story about McCargo waiting to pass his physical before he can practice, and that he's excited to join the Colts. (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/wire/chi-ap-fbn-colts-mccargo,0,2718429.story)

I really hope he passes his physical and stays.

Exactly, I looked anywhere I could think of, only Florio is reporting this, and over the years he's proven to know very little to nothing about the Colts. If I see this from a real source, I'll be upset, until then, John McCargo is the Colts' new DT wearing #97.

Dam8610
10-15-2008, 07:56 PM
pants explosion.

It happened a few times, I was concerned for your well being. :D

scottyboy
10-15-2008, 07:59 PM
It happened a few times, I was concerned for your well being. :D

yea, it was a little rough on little scotty. I didn't get it live, so I got it from my aunt who gets it online(she watches the Colts games for all her clients) and was able to give lil' scotty a break between collisions

Shane P. Hallam
10-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Report in that he failed his physical, the trade is voided.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/15/mccargo-fails-physical/

Bruce Banner
10-15-2008, 08:24 PM
No one reads threads.

Tampa 2 4 life
10-15-2008, 08:25 PM
No one reads threads.

Did you know the Mccargo trade was voided?

Bruce Banner
10-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Did you know the Mccargo trade was voided?

Like 5 people posted the same link an hour ago.

Shane P. Hallam
10-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Haha. Well, at least I updated the title!

Dam8610
10-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Report in that he failed his physical, the trade is voided.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/15/mccargo-fails-physical/

Again, Florio. Florio's track record in regard to the Colts is TERRIBLE. This is not Glazer. This is not Schefter. This is not even Clayton. Find it on any reputable website, and I'll believe it. Until then, this is just Florio trying to "break" yet another story that hasn't happened. IMO, this is far more legit at this point:

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=roster

See: #97 McCargo, John DT 6-2 307 3 North Carolina State TR-08 (BUF)
See Also: Updated 10-15-2008

Bruce Banner
10-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Again, Florio. Florio's track record in regard to the NFL is TERRIBLE.

Fixed. I hope to never have to do this again.

Dam8610
10-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Fixed. I hope to never have to do this again.

True, I just narrowed to what was an undoubted truth in my mind. Not that I thought he had any sort of credibility outside of Indianapolis, I just knew he had absolutely none when reporting on the Colts.

Menardo75
10-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Thats too bad. I guess the Colts can just sign him after the Bills cut him then.

SuperKevin
10-15-2008, 08:58 PM
I never thought a thread about John McCargo would generate 4 pages worth of posts

KCJ58
10-15-2008, 09:15 PM
I never thought a thread about John McCargo would generate 4 pages worth of posts

only on a North Carolina State board, but it somehow makes it way over here

Shane P. Hallam
10-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Some other links:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txbillsmccargo&prov=st&type=lgns

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/sns-ap-fbn-colts-mccargo,0,1368671.story

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081015/SPORTS03/81015057

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/464589.html

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2008-10-15-mccargo-physical_N.htm

Dr. Gonzo
10-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Some other links:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txbillsmccargo&prov=st&type=lgns

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/sns-ap-fbn-colts-mccargo,0,1368671.story

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081015/SPORTS03/81015057

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/464589.html

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2008-10-15-mccargo-physical_N.htm

Stop posting these fake links! I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!!!!!

LonghornsLegend
10-15-2008, 10:25 PM
I never knew this:

In an interview late in the afternoon, McCargo acknowledged he was waiting to take a physical and said he was eager to show he could succeed in a new defensive system.

While he showed no real concerns about passing the exam, the former first-round draft pick does have a history of foot problems. He broke his left foot in college, then again in his rookie season and doctors had to re-break it during his rehabilitation process in the spring of 2007.

That sounds painful as hell, maybe this is why his career never got off to a fast start, I'm sure the Colts weren't interested in just wasting a 4th rd pick.

SuperKevin
10-15-2008, 10:26 PM
I never knew this:

That sounds painful as hell, maybe this is why his career never got off to a fast start, I'm sure the Colts weren't interested in just wasting a 4th rd pick.

It would give them one less pick to waste on a center. They drafted like 72 of them last year

Shane P. Hallam
10-16-2008, 02:18 AM
True, I just narrowed to what was an undoubted truth in my mind. Not that I thought he had any sort of credibility outside of Indianapolis, I just knew he had absolutely none when reporting on the Colts.

Well, looks like he was credible here.

Bruce Banner
10-16-2008, 02:22 AM
Well, looks like he was credible here.

Sling enough **** and some of it's bound to stick.

Shane P. Hallam
10-16-2008, 02:37 AM
Sling enough **** and some of it's bound to stick.

Not if you make stuff up in reporting :P

I know PFT used to be pretty much crap, but they have been doing fairly well this season.