PDA

View Full Version : Which team is in the biggest hole?

Splat
10-14-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm not talking just players but coaching staff,FO and players as a whole and not just for this season but in the long run?

Bruce Banner
10-14-2008, 08:30 PM
The ******* Lions.

Bengals1690
10-14-2008, 08:30 PM
The bengals and lions, always and forever.

BufFan71
10-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Lions because once they get a new GM he will prob get another coachin staff

they arent strong in the trenches, no franchise QB, dont use kevin smith, seems like no1 wants to play there

no need to discuss the bengals

BrownsTown
10-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Lions. Not even close. At least the Bengals have a legit franchise QB.

Splat
10-14-2008, 08:34 PM
If you saw the PC from Herm Edwards today its hard to not pick the Chiefs he has lost the team for sure.

princefielder28
10-14-2008, 08:37 PM
The Bengals have had limited success for past decade and although the Lions have struggled even more, they've taken two steps in the right direction with getting rid of Millen and are starting to accumulate picks.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-14-2008, 08:42 PM
To avoid "Easy and obvious targets" like the Raiders, Lions, and Chiefs I think it is two teams from the AFC North the Ravens and Bengals who are in huge holes. The Bengals are obvious. This team needs a complete make over which won't happen over night. Similar to the Portland Trailblazers. It took them a good time including liquidating all of their character issue guys before they could get on track. The way I look at it the Bengals are built poorly from top to bottom. In terms of the football side of it their defense is pathetic and while they have guys like Keith Rivers and Leon Hall they don't have a ton of young talent in comparison to the rest of the league to say that they have a good defense in building. On offense their RB position is a bit of a joke. As far as the Ravens people probably won't realize that but I think they are a team on a big decline. Ray Lewis is about the only older guy who is still playing at a high level. If you look at it their defense is set for a monumental decline over the next few years. Chris McCalister has lost a step, Samari Rolle is almost out the door, Ed Reed is going to playing the rest of his career with a serious nerve injury, Bart Scott is trash, Terrell Suggs has digressed or at least not improved much at all since his rookie season, and Trevor Pryce is near the end of the line. While guys like Haloti Ngata, Antwaan Barnes, Harkuri Nakamura, Jim Leonhard and such prove they still have young talent, I see this defense taking huge steps backwards the next few years. And if the Ravens don't have a dominant defense anymore, that immediately makes them the worst team in the league. Hurts too that Matt Stover their most valuable offensive weapon in franchise history is soon to hang up his cleats as well. Their offense as it has always been looks bleak. I will give to them that they have a solid young O-line to build around. That will definitely help them down the line. Grubbs and Jason Brown will be elite interior lineman and Jared Gaither shows lots of promise. Not sold though on Adam Terry and Marshall Yanda. WR is a huge question mark. Derrick Mason will retire any time within the next few years. After that Mark Clayton has been a pretty big bust. Will make a play here and there but he runs questionable routes and drops easy balls. He is also undersized. Demetrius Williams shows potential but hasn't put it all together. Beyond that there is not much. Yamon Figurs is a good returner but hasn't developed the receiving skills yet despite making major strides this past offseason. Marcus Smith is tall and young, but that's about it. TE is another area of issue. Todd Heap is overpaid and over the hill. Hard to get rid of them though. Will be interesting to see if they keep Quinn Sypnewski in their long term plans but TE is still an area of issue. The running game is another issue. Is Willis Mcgahee the answer? His contract means he better be and while he is a top 10 back in terms of talent, his laughable work ethic and offseason conditioning prevents him in being in any sort of discussion of elite NFL backs. I question if Ray Rice can be anymore than an NFL change of pace back. LeRon McClain though at FB is nice. Last but not least is the QB position. While Flacco has all the tools and shows flashes you have to wonder if this season will ruin his career. He shouldn't have been thrown into the wolves but was forced to with awful QB planning. You have to worry that this season will kill his confidence and develop poor habits for him. The way I see it the Ravens are in for a depressing next 3-5 seasons. They are old and have questions all across the board. Am I sold on John Harbaugh as a coach right now? Can't say I am, and you have to wonder if Rex Ryan sticks around.

AntoinCD
10-14-2008, 09:05 PM
The Raiders. While Davis is there they will never have continuity in coaching staffs. They will continue to overpay for inferior talent and will always take the athletic freak in the draft even if it isn't a necessary pick

Xiomera
10-14-2008, 09:09 PM
I vote for the Michigan Wolverines.

ChezPower4
10-14-2008, 09:10 PM
I vote for the Michigan Wolverines.

Good Call!

Bengals1690
10-14-2008, 09:10 PM
SeanTaylorRIP, i have to disagree about our defense. Players like Leon Hall, Johnaton Joesphm Ndukwe, Marvin White, Keith Rivers, Geathers, and Peko all have shown plenty of talent, and will only get better. Our problem this year is our offensive line, RB play, and attitude. There is no reason for us to be 0-6 this year. We have the talent. We need new coaches (but keep zimmer!!) especially an OC thats not ********. I like Lewis but hes run his course, its obvious the players aren't behind him.

P-L
10-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Over the last 17 years the Lions have made the playoffs 6 times and the Bengals have made the playoffs 1 time. Not completely relevant, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

The Lions are in the biggest "hole." We have a horrible owner, no GM (at least not one for next year), an awful coach who will be fired at the end of the season, and the worst defensive coordinator in NFL history. Now, go look at our roster...

GB12
10-14-2008, 09:13 PM
The Lions have absolutely nothing. Well they do have Calvin Johnson, but that's it. No QB, no OL except for maybe Cherilus and we have to see with him, no TE, now no #2 WR, I don't think much of Kevin Smith but we'll give that some time, no DL except Cory Redding who hasn't lived up to his contract, no LBs except Ernie Sims, no corners, no safeties, no coach, and no GM.

I don't know what could possibly make someone pick another choice. A new team could enter the league without an expansion draft and have the same amount of talent as Detroit.

Xiomera
10-14-2008, 09:15 PM
The Lions have absolutely nothing. Well they do have Calvin Johnson, but that's it. No QB, no OL except for maybe Cherilus and we have to see with him, no TE, now no #2 WR, I don't think much of Kevin Smith but we'll give that some time, no DL except Cory Redding who hasn't lived up to his contract, no LBs except Ernie Sims, no corners, no safeties, no coach, and no GM.

I don't know what could possibly make someone pick another choice. A new team could enter the league without an expansion draft and have the same amount of talent as Detroit.

Daniel Bullocks says "Hi."

diabsoule
10-14-2008, 09:18 PM

Sad but true.

scottyboy
10-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Ravens have Raymell Rice, they're set for life.

Rams have Brian Leonard, same situation.

Lions, however, cut Clark Harris. The football gods will smite them for their ultimate sin

Xiomera
10-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Ravens have Raymell Rice, they're set for life.

Rams have Brian Leonard, same situation.

Lions, however, cut Clark Harris. The football gods will smite them for their ultimate sin

Damn it! We're just now breaking free of the 50 year curse of Bobby Layne. We don't need a Clark Harris curse too . . .

scottyboy
10-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Damn it! We're just now breaking free of the 50 year curse of Bobby Layne. We don't need a Clark Harris curse too . . .

don't worry. I've been putting off my Rutgers application while filling out mine for the Lions GM job. Pretty sweet resume. Don't worry, I'll get you guys back on track, bringing Clark back, getting a better WR than Roy in Britt, have the best WR duo EVER, and draft a franchise QB in Mike Teel. And trade him to the Vikings. They'd never win a single game ever! such an awsome plan

M.O.T.H.
10-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Rams would have been my choice last week but, Haslett has them playing hard and fired up...wouldnt be too surprised to see that interim tag wiped away.

Gotta go Lions now, today's trade is an obvious step in the right direction, though. Get rid of a headache and get more than market value in the process.

LonghornsLegend
10-14-2008, 09:27 PM
If you saw the PC from Herm Edwards today its hard to not pick the Chiefs he has lost the team for sure.

Really? How did that happen so soon after the upset of the Broncos? I figured they knew they were in store for a 2-4 win season, if you show some heart against some of the better division foes I think thats all you can and should ask for.

holt_bruce81
10-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Rams would have been my choice last week but, Haslett has them playing hard and fired up...wouldnt be too surprised to see that interim tag wiped away.

Gotta go Lions now, today's trade is an obvious step in the right direction, though. Get rid of a headache and get more than market value in the process.

The "Interim" tag has already been wiped away.

LonghornsLegend
10-14-2008, 09:45 PM
I voted Oakland, Detroit is already in the right direction by firing Millen and picking up extra picks that were much needed, that puts them in a much better position then the have ever been in, first draft without Millen will be huge and now they have ammo.

Oakland can't fire Al Davis, so that is going to follow them around for alot longer.

Vox Populi
10-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Bungles by far. They actually have some highly paid and talented players that they need to deal with rather than a group of young nobodies and people on rookie contracts still.

princefielder28
10-14-2008, 10:10 PM

so does Leigh Bodden

GB12
10-14-2008, 10:13 PM
I kind of forgot about him. He's getting there.

so does Leigh Bodden
Leigh Bodden sucks.

B-Dawk
10-14-2008, 10:42 PM
lions are setting themselves up to get out of it, but right now they have the least pieces in place

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Oakland.We actually have some pretty good talent and some good coaching.Or we did when Kiffin was HC and Cable was our Oline coach.Although Rathman is good to.But Al ruins everything.He has his puppet Rob Ryan as DC.It seems like every year going into the draft we have the same needs as we did the draft last year and we make no attempt to fix em.Al's scouting is horrible,there's never ever any stability,there's no discipline,and nobody wants to come here coaches or players other than the greedy players like Deangelo Hall who don't care about winning just about money.

PackerLegend
10-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Lions have a better chance of going 0-16 then the Bengals, unlikely either does but yea. And Bodden does suck and cant adjust to the Lions defensive scheme.

MarioPalmer
10-14-2008, 11:38 PM
The most disgusting franchise is the Bengals right now. They have the main building blocks.

What other team here has a Franchise QB who has proven to be an elite talent? What other team has a franchise LT, even thought he seems really lazy now? What other team has 2 Pro-Bowl WRs that have proven to be big time game changers? What other franchise has 2 1rst round CBs that have huge upside but can't be consistent enough to progress correctly? What other squad has an elite talent at OLB who is strating from day one and has a legit chance of going to the Pro-Bowl in his rookie year? What other team has cut 2 guys way before they should have in Rudi and Willie? What other squad franchise tags a 4th rounder who never ever started significant time and is now playing like a 4th round nobody that never deserved that kind of money? What other squad has 2 cast aways starting at MLB and SLB in Jones and Blackstock? What other squad has one of the softest centers ever to play the position? What other team lets go of an elite OG in Steinbach? What other team drafts countless morons? What other team in the NFL has no members of their 1rst or 2nd round from the 2005 NFL Draft? What other team dropped the ball on the Shaun Rogers and Dwayne Robertson trade because of signing issues? What other team decides that Chad Johnson wasn't worth a 1rst round pick and probably a 3rd? What other team won't trade a huge headache because of the issues of pride? What other team relyes on a RB that hasn't ever played a 16 game season especially the most important seaosns...THE LAST 2!? What other team decides that Mediau Williams wasn't worth keeping when it was obvious that the safety spots were incrediably weak going into the season? What other team cuts a guy because of legal problems, then resigns him because of the fact that everynot named T.J. and Chad are pure suckage? What other team has MIKE BROWN as their head coach?

I can go on for ever guys with the Bengals, but you see where I'm going with this. Palmer is going to die in Cincy and will never fulfill his HoF potential. Now that is truely sad.

Vox Populi
10-14-2008, 11:42 PM
I dont think you could add much more actually and ran out of things to say...

I agree though and just decided not to write what everyone already knows in a wall of text ;)

MarioPalmer
10-15-2008, 12:16 AM
I dont think you could add much more actually and ran out of things to say...

I agree though and just decided not to write what everyone already knows in a wall of text ;)

No, I could go into the coaching staff and how T.J. is Chads little puppy and whatever Chad says T.J. follows. I could also say that the fans in Cincy are actually mad at Carson. I can also add that this team has made 2 big FA signings in the last 2 years, but both were horribly over the hill and not worth the paper their contract was signed on. Just take a look at Sam Adams and Dexter Jackson, they are just pathetic signings. I mean, if you got Kenny Watson as your leading rusher, your in trouble. If your hitting up Cedric Benson your in trouble. When your starting QB doesn't trust your medical staffs diagnosis and gets a 2nd opinion from a baseball doctor then your franchise is obviously lacking in something. If you owner has actually had the worst history of holdouts then your in trouble. If your owner is not moving up to select Sedrick Ellis becuase he doesn't want to pay that slots guarenteed salary then something is wrong. When your franchise has a history of not holding on to it's valuable players after their original contracts then there is something wrong.

Dude, the Bengals are one of the most dysfunctional squads ever. No kidding.

FlyingElvis
10-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Even when Wacky Al drafts athletes instead of football players (or at least positional needs) he still ends up stocking the Raiders with more actual talent than Millen managed to in his [too many] years with Detroit.

Detroit has precious little talent on their roster, and that is something that takes a long time to correct. Give it 3 years and if Al Davis hasn't died, been assasinated, or been run out of Raiderville by an angry mob complete w/pitchforks and torches I will reconsider.

giantsfan
10-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Cincy's F'd in the A by their FO, that said there D has become Decent and on they still have Carson Palmer and a lot of young receiving talent. If they were competently run I'd them for the playoffs within the next 2 seasons. SO Cincy's in a big hole, that said I picked Detroit as we still don't know how they're going to be run, that D is a joke and offensively they need an upgrade at LT, QB, C and RG before even becoming decent.

If I were their GM I'd look for Monroe and Mack with their first round picks and then in the second a DE like Michael Johnson. If they rebuilt they're lines quick they'd be much closer to being decent, although they'd still suck this season and give themselves a shot at a top QB next season.

Xiomera
10-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Cincy's F'd in the A by their FO, that said there D has become Decent and on they still have Carson Palmer and a lot of young receiving talent. If they were competently run I'd them for the playoffs within the next 2 seasons. SO Cincy's in a big hole, that said I picked Detroit as we still don't know how they're going to be run, that D is a joke and offensively they need an upgrade at LT, QB, C and RG before even becoming decent.

If I were their GM I'd look for Monroe and Mack with their first round picks and then in the second a DE like Michael Johnson. If they rebuilt they're lines quick they'd be much closer to being decent, although they'd still suck this season and give themselves a shot at a top QB next season.

Upgrade at Center? Dominic Raiola is no Pro Bowler but he's really the least of the Lions problems offensively.

When was the last time you heard anyone say, "Man, if only we had a good Center. That'd make us a contender!"

?

Menardo75
10-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Between the Lions and the Bengals I have to say the Lions are in the deeper hole. Sure the Bengals are disfunctional but atleast they have some playmakers on both sides that can win some games, and good ones at that. The Lions though, almost nothing. They have a long road ahead.

giantsfan
10-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Upgrade at Center? Dominic Raiola is no Pro Bowler but he's really the least of the Lions problems offensively.

When was the last time you heard anyone say, "Man, if only we had a good Center. That'd make us a contender!"

?

I over-rate the center positions value and was under the impression that Raiola has been regressing the past 2 seasons. Don't watch enough o the lions to really focus on specific lineman but you're entire oline just doesn't seem to be on the same page and that's typically the centers most important job, keeping everyone together mentally on the oline, which is also why I regularly over-rate the importance of a truly quality center.

awfullyquiet
10-15-2008, 02:03 PM
The most disgusting franchise is the Bengals right now. They have the main building blocks.

TL; DR

No, but i do agree. the Bengals are the absolute worst... Then the raiders and THEN the lions...

The bengals have to sell every piece they have. Every one. Every piece on D. On O. And start over again.

drowe
10-15-2008, 02:47 PM
they all have things working against them. and things working for them.

the Lions have the fewest pieces in place, but stockpiling draft picks like they did will help for the future. but, really, all levels of the defense need major work, the offensive line is bad and they have no QB. where do you even start? they need to make this draft count in a big way. QB of the future first, and more immediate needs later. and if the QB fails, repeat the process after several more years of early picks.

The Bengals have some pieces in place. the secondary is young and promising, the offense has potential to be explosive. but, it could be a situation where they get one aspect fixed, just in time for a previously strong area to start to fail. kinda like a beater car. spend a boat load of money to fix one thing just in time for something else to break down. with the WRs pushing their prime, this could easily happen.

the Chiefs may be ok. they did a decent job starting to build up front early in the draft. that should pay off when they start to add more pieces, but it may take time. a passable QB could make a lot of difference.

the Rams are in trouble. a couple years ago, they looked read to build around Bulger, Holt and Jackson. they're all regressing now and the rest of the team is in shambles. the only other area they can build around is the young d-line which includes Chris Long and Adam Carriker. i thought they'd be the team to give us the best chance at 0-16 this year. i was wrong, but things are still rough.

the Raiders...are just a (lack of) heartbeat away.

ChezPower4
10-15-2008, 02:52 PM
TL; DR

No, but i do agree. the Bengals are the absolute worst... Then the raiders and THEN the lions...

The bengals have to sell every piece they have. Every one. Every piece on D. On O. And start over again.

The Bengals are in trouble and are in much better shape than the Raiders, The Raiders will not win with Al Davis running the team. The Bengals can bring in a new GM and be way better of than the Raiders. Even if Al does bring in a GM, Al will still be the one picking the players.

awfullyquiet
10-15-2008, 03:17 PM
The Bengals are in trouble and are in much better shape than the Raiders, The Raiders will not win with Al Davis running the team. The Bengals can bring in a new GM and be way better of than the Raiders. Even if Al does bring in a GM, Al will still be the one picking the players.

The Bengals can't keep their team. The raiders at least have all the pieces to win and don't need a complete overhaul.

Put it this way. if al davis is dead, the raiders will start winning in two years.

The bengals, best case scenario need a 4 year rebuilding plan that cannot involve 85, housh, or palmer... garnering draft picks, 2 to 3 years in the future would be paramount to bring the bungles out of ****. If they continue what they're doing now, the bengals will be worse than the lions for far longer. the raiders are bad, but they have a complete team on offense and defense. they just have no heart and a coaching system with no brain.

FlyingElvis
10-15-2008, 03:20 PM
. . .
the Lions have the fewest pieces in place, but stockpiling draft picks like they did will help for the future. but, really, all levels of the defense need major work, the offensive line is bad and they have no QB. where do you even start? they need to make this draft count in a big way. QB of the future first, and more immediate needs later. and if the QB fails, repeat the process after several more years of early picks.
. . .
the Chiefs may be ok. they did a decent job starting to build up front early in the draft. that should pay off when they start to add more pieces, but it may take time. a passable QB could make a lot of difference.

What a great way to develop a rookie QB - throw him on the field with . . . nothing. Calvin can only do so much.

The Lions need to do what the Chief did this year (and you seem to approve of) - draft lineman. Shore up the trenches, rather than bringing in a young, inexperienced QB to get killed by their total lack of protection. They're better off trying to get one more year out of Kitna and at least have some semblance of veteran leadership for the rebuilding process.

BlindSite
10-15-2008, 05:00 PM
They can shore up fairly quickly

1. Legit LT - Move the bum they've got there now inside to guard, get Cherilus on the RT spot immediately.

2. DT - Shaun Rogers was a huge loss and having someone in there will make DE's jobs easier.

3. DE - Even if its a pass rushing specialist

4. OG - Big mauler

Then look for sleeper linebackers and corners from then on out so your defense can at least tackle.

In FA you can generally pick up a safety or a cornerback who's good enough as a stop gap. Don't even thing QB until the lines are sorted/

yo123
10-15-2008, 05:51 PM
They can shore up fairly quickly

1. Legit LT - Move the bum they've got there now inside to guard, get Cherilus on the RT spot immediately.

2. DT - Shaun Rogers was a huge loss and having someone in there will make DE's jobs easier.

3. DE - Even if its a pass rushing specialist

4. OG - Big mauler

Then look for sleeper linebackers and corners from then on out so your defense can at least tackle.

In FA you can generally pick up a safety or a cornerback who's good enough as a stop gap. Don't even thing QB until the lines are sorted/

Cherilus is already playing RT, at least he started there last week. I remember because I was disappointed when I didn't see George Foster in the starting lineup.

MetSox17
10-15-2008, 06:00 PM
I think that for all the expectations and hype the Dallas Cowboys got pre-season, they're in the biggest hole right now.

The team seems like it's falling apart by the day. Our All-Pro CB is down to injury, our second best CB after that is gone for at least four games, Anthony Henry is playing like trash and the safeties aren't doing much to cover it up.

Our Pro-Bowl quarterback is hurt and out for four weeks, our outstanding rookie RB is out for a few weeks also, and if the offensive line keeps playing like they did last week, Brad Johnson will be sacked 9 times against the Buccaneers.

When you look at that, and we were supposed to be a Superbowl team, that's a pretty big hole to get out of to get there.

princefielder28
10-15-2008, 06:04 PM
MetSox, get outta here. The Cowboys in the biggest hole? They have a franchise QB, top tier RB, one of the league's best receiving corps, above average OL, and promising young talent on defense with veterans mixed in. Just because they have suffered a few injuries and are dealing with Mr. Jones doesn't mean that they're in the "hole."

MetSox17
10-15-2008, 06:06 PM
MetSox, get outta here. The Cowboys in the biggest hole? They have a franchise QB, top tier RB, one of the league's best receiving corps, above average OL, and promising young talent on defense with veterans mixed in. Just because they have suffered a few injuries and are dealing with Mr. Jones doesn't mean that they're in the "hole."

This season, right now, they're in a pretty damn big hole. Who in their right minds expected anything at all out of the Chiefs, Lions, Rams, etc. ?

Did you watch the Arizona game? This team is playing pretty damn crappy for all the talent it has. If we don't make the playoffs, you know how much s_ _ _ we'll be taking from everyone?

ChezPower4
10-15-2008, 06:11 PM
This season, right now, they're in a pretty damn big hole. Who in their right minds expected anything at all out of the Chiefs, Lions, Rams, etc. ?

Did you watch the Arizona game? This team is playing pretty damn crappy for all the talent it has. If we don't make the playoffs, you know how much s_ _ _ we'll be taking from everyone?

There's now way that you can really believe that the 4-2 Cowboys are in a big hole. Their one game back in the division the NFC is right now wide open yea the injuries hurt but the Boys have so much talent and Johnson is no slouch at QB. On top of all that the Cowboys just added another recieving threat in Williams who WILL take some pressure off of TO. The Cowboys are far from being in a big hole, they just hit a bump in the road.

princefielder28
10-15-2008, 06:14 PM

The team is 4-2, last time I checked that's nothing to panic about. Granted they didn't play the best against Arizona, but I would say that has a bit to do with the Cardinals' gradual improvement.

You are overracting

MetSox17
10-15-2008, 06:17 PM
There's now way that you can really believe that the 4-2 Cowboys are in a big hole. Their one game back in the division the NFC is right now wide open yea the injuries hurt but the Boys have so much talent and Johnson is no slouch at QB. On top of all that the Cowboys just added another recieving threat in Williams who WILL take some pressure off of TO. The Cowboys are far from being in a big hole, they just hit a bump in the road.

I stopped taking you seriously after that.

Everyone in the division is tough. We have to play our next three games with a very depleted team . Five of our last eight games are against New York (2), Washington, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. Two of the other ones against Baltimore and San Francisco, both teams that have been playing pretty well recently.

Brad Johnson is horrible. He has no want whatsoever to throw the ball farther than 10 yards from the LOS. The offensive line is playing horrible, i don't want to see the result of having blitzers take free shots at that statue.

MetSox17
10-15-2008, 06:18 PM
The team is 4-2, last time I checked that's nothing to panic about. Granted they didn't play the best against Arizona, but I would say that has a bit to do with the Cardinals' gradual improvement.

You are overracting

I'm not overreacting, i am ,though, trying to add a different element to the constant "Lions, Chiefs, Bengals blow", threads.

princefielder28
10-15-2008, 06:18 PM

Everyone in the division is tough. We have to play our next three games with a very depleted team . Five of our last eight games are against New York (2), Washington, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. Two of the other ones against Baltimore and San Francisco, both teams that have been playing pretty well recently.

Brad Johnson is horrible. He has no want whatsoever to throw the ball farther than 10 yards from the LOS. The offensive line is playing horrible, i don't want to see the result of having blitzers take free shots at that statue.

Romo is gonna try to play, if that makes you feel better

princefielder28
10-15-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm not overreacting, i am ,though, trying to add a different element to the constant "Lions, Chiefs, Bengals blow", threads.

The question was "biggest hole" not just any hole. I agree that the Cowboys may be in a little hole but they are not close to the biggest hole

yo123
10-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Johnson is no slouch at QB.

Don't sell him short. He's a tremendous slouch.

I am really considering sig quoting this.

Bruce Banner
10-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Brad Johnson is a statue with a noodle for an arm. There will be no deep threat. 8 in the box!

princefielder28
10-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Brad Johnson is a statue with a noodle for an arm. There will be no deep threat. 8 in the box!

The fact that there's a QB in the NFL with an arm weaker than Chad Pennington and that guy is Johnson says enough

MetSox17
10-15-2008, 06:23 PM

Since i got stuck with the last post of the previous page. God i hate when that happens.

Bruce Banner
10-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Since i got stuck with the last post of the previous page. God i hate when that happens.

That is annoying. Especially when you think it was a beast ass post.

(I just ruined someone's chance)

MetSox17
10-15-2008, 06:41 PM
That is annoying. Especially when you think it was a beast ass post.

(I just ruined someone's chance)

Exactly. There has been a few times where i waited to post on a thread, just so i wouldn't be stuck at the bottom lol.

(Oh look, so did i :D)

GB12
10-15-2008, 09:11 PM
By talking about the Cowboys? That's a breath of fresh air :rolleyes:

FlyingElvis
10-16-2008, 09:26 AM
^ yeah, that's waht I was thinking. Stupidest excuse/argument I've heard in a long time, especially considering the simplest response "to the constant "Lions, Chiefs, Bengals blow", threads." would have been to simply ignore it.

Hell, if you're that tired of the same old thing at least make an attempt to put forth another team that could actually be considered in any sort of hole.

The Cowboys?? Seriously??

JonasBlane
10-19-2008, 08:22 PM
I'd say Bengals are in the least of a hole. They do have quite a few bright spots. Such as already having a franchise QB. One of their key WR's should turn into an additional draft pick. Bright spots as mentioned earlier on defense such as Keith Rivers and Leon Hall. I do think they need to get rid of Marv though.

rainbeaukid2
10-19-2008, 10:42 PM
the niners. they will be looking for a new head coach, possibly a new GM because they were like butt buddies, a new qb, and need help at a bunch of positions

MarioPalmer
10-19-2008, 11:58 PM
I'd say Bengals are in the least of a hole. They do have quite a few bright spots. Such as already having a franchise QB. One of their key WR's should turn into an additional draft pick. Bright spots as mentioned earlier on defense such as Keith Rivers and Leon Hall. I do think they need to get rid of Marv though.

Not just Leon Hall and Keith Rivers. But Jonathon Joseph, Demeto Peko, Chinedum Ndukwe, and Antwan Odom. Robert Geathers is an excellent 3rd down pass rusher is their can be a consistent push up the middle and a consistent pressure from the opposite side. All the Bengals need on defense is 3 more players, 2 of which need to be highly skilled and 1 that is a solid starter.

On offense, this is one of the most potent offenses in the NFL when healthy, clicking and game plan is up beat high tempoed. Carson Palmer is an elite QB, an elite wide out in T.J. Houshmandzadeh, an up and coming elite OG in Andrew Whitworth, a legit franchise OLT in Levi Jones (even though he has been lazy and not focused this year), a very good FB when not being fat in Jeremi Johnson, and a great 3 rd down back in Chris Perry. Also Cedric Benson has been quite the surprise since joining the Bengals before the Dallas game. So I think that the rest of this year is a good indicator of what the Bengals might get from Benson in the future if he plays like he has somehting to prove and if he can live up to that enormous potential that had him drafted in the top 5 of the 2005 Draft.

So the Bengals are missing a pass catching TE, a solid NFL center, a NFL caliber ORT, a RB (for now, we don't know with Benson yet), and another WR.

Personally the Bengals need to look at the best OT's for their top 5 pick in the upcoming draft and Center for their early pick in the 2nd. There are no elite 4-3 DE's in this draft and niether are there any elite DT's. So picking one in the top 5 would be reaching way to high. If they can trade Chad and get a first then they can draft a DT or DE worthy of a mid 1rst rounder. In FA they need to do what ever it takes to get Karlos Dansby to man their MLB spot. He would bring a legit impact player to play next to Rivers and he would be a huge upgrade and be the leader of this defense that this team so desperately needs. Also, maybe get Darren Sproles from SD. He would give them a KR/PR while also giving them a weapon to use out of the back field. Why not?

From there, they need to cut the bad character players from this team. Anyone that has ever had a problem needs to go. Make this about Carson and Rivers and build from there. Thats 2 elite building blocks on this team.

Menardo75
10-20-2008, 12:08 AM
the niners. they will be looking for a new head coach, possibly a new GM because they were like butt buddies, a new qb, and need help at a bunch of positions

I disagree there is no reason to ditch the GM. The Niners need a coach to put it all together.

DMWSackMachine
10-20-2008, 12:13 AM
There is only one franchise on this list who is owned by a decaying corpse. I'm pretty sure that breaks all ties.

While the Raiders might have more talent than some of these teams, the entire franchise is infested with an attitude, with a mindset, call it whatever you want, that will absolutely, unequivocally prohibit success in any form from happening. Not just that, but they also have several high priced FAs who are grossly overpaid, and have a QB that they invested millions upon millions into who is doomed to failure. Any team on that list, with the possible exception of the Lions, could potentially turn it around within the next 3 years. I would literally bet my life and everything I own, while giving 10-1 odds, that the Raiders will be in the same position in 5 years (barring the possibility of new ownership or the second coming of Christ). That's how sure I am.