PDA

View Full Version : Ovie Mughelli

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Adam Schefter was just saying its basically a done deal that he'll go to ATL for big dollars, this loss really makes me angry he was a guy who ran hard caught well out of the backfield and blocked great.......this is a true loss.

dcarey20
03-02-2007, 01:40 PM
yup this loss really, really irks me. i think we should have made more of an effort to resign him. if we needed more money we should have restructured keydrick vincent's and mike flynn's contracts. both are garbage and are making over 2 millions bucks a year. ovie was one of the really good guys in the locker room and was turning into one of the best blocking fullbacks in the nfl.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Doesn't ATL have Justin Griffith?

ccB
03-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Doesn't ATL have Justin Griffith?

Thats what i was just thinking.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Oh nevermind saw on the free agent list and Griffith is one guess they are letting him walk but I don't want him cause he can't block, but one name on that list really attracted me, Alan Ricard.

Shiver
03-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Oh nevermind saw on the free agent list and Griffith is one guess they are letting him walk but I don't want him cause he can't block.

That's basically why we'd pay Mughelli and let Griffith go. He couldn't lead block.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-02-2007, 03:28 PM
I want Ricard Back.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 03:39 PM
1 question, if Pashos is gone, Mughelli is gone, JJ is leaving, why the hell didnt we franchise AD? I thought we let AD walk so we could re-sign these guys.

Bohleive
03-02-2007, 03:41 PM
1 question, if Pashos is gone, Mughelli is gone, JJ is leaving, why the hell didnt we franchise AD? I thought we let AD walk so we could re-sign these guys.

I'd have to guess that one more time other teams vastly overpaid for our FA's picking us clean. On the other hand, this does leave us in much better cap shape for the future and AD is 30.

jkpigskin
03-02-2007, 03:43 PM
gah.... i loved ovie....

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 03:44 PM
I'd have to guess that one more time other teams vastly overpaid for our FA's picking us clean. On the other hand, this does leave us in much better cap shape for the future and AD is 30.

I think we can basically abandon any hopes of being a true contender next year IMO. We might be able to stay around 9-7 but our whole backfield could be new which is gonna take time to adjust, and all this has got to be lowering the morale of the team.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-02-2007, 03:46 PM
If we had franchised Adalius it would be a sign that we are stacking our chips for a year or 2 but now by letting these guys go and the age of our team don't expect Baltimore to be a championship contending team for atleast the next 5 years.

Bohleive
03-02-2007, 03:53 PM
I think we can basically abandon any hopes of being a true contender next year IMO. We might be able to stay around 9-7 but our whole backfield could be new which is gonna take time to adjust, and all this has got to be lowering the morale of the team.
I wouldn't start jumping ship just yet. RT is not that pivotel a role on this team and it never has been. Pashos could be replaced rather cheaply, maybe even Terry will turn a corner this year and actually progress to being able to put his hand down on the right side. If we can get a legit runner either through trade or FA or the draft we are very much in business. A good RB will take us a long way. Mike Anderson could likely replace the touches Mughelli gave us, if not Green, again if he is in fact gone. Same goes for AD. We still have Cody and plenty of fire power from a passrush standpoint. AD was never a great passrusher until Scott emerged and we signed Pryce. IMO our best passrushers are still on the team and that is the crux of our defense. Lighten up. This team went 13-3 and lost to the SB champs by essentially 6 pts last season. The thing that hurt us the most was the lack of a good runner, all of our other strengths remain basically intact. Like I said if we get that runner and stay healthy again we are fine. Damn it's early to be writing this kind of post.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't start jumping ship just yet. RT is not that pivotel a role on this team and it never has been. Pashos could be replaced rather cheaply, maybe even Terry will turn a corner this year and actually progress to being able to put his hand down on the right side. If we can get a legit runner either through trade or FA or the draft we are very much in business. A good RB will take us a long way. Mike Anderson could likely replace the touches Mughelli gave us, if not Green, again if he is in fact gone. Same goes for AD. We still have Cody and plenty of fire power from a passrush standpoint. AD was never a great passrusher until Scott emerged and we signed Pryce. IMO our best passrushers are still on the team and that is the crux of our defense. Lighten up. This team went 13-3 and lost to the SB champs by essentially 6 pts last season. The thing that hurt us the most was the lack of a good runner, all of our other strengths remain basically intact. Like I said if we get that runner and stay healthy again we are fine. Damn it's early to be writing this kind of post.

Im not jumping ship I love my team Ravens fan for the rest of my life, but Im just facing reality, what FB are we gonna find better than Ovie? Cody I think can be good replacing AD but he isnt as good as AD. JO and Ray get another year older as does Samari and C Mac which at there ages is when you start to see declines by the year. McNair sucks and is old and getting older and more useless by the second, if we bring back Jamal then our running game sucks again, and we'll be the same ol team that loses games when our defense only gives up 14 points. 9-7 was sugar coating it btw cause I was looking at the schedule when I thought we would get Ovie back and some other guys and was having trouble coming up with 7 wins in it, now I look at it and I think to myself maybe Darren McFadden here we come cause we will be picking in the top ten next year if we dont do something soon to stop the bleeding.

Bohleive
03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Im not jumping ship I love my team Ravens fan for the rest of my life, but Im just facing reality, what FB are we gonna find better than Ovie?
I meant jumping ship in terms of totally losing hope for the season, I wasn't questioning your loyalty as a Ravens fan. As far as the things you said, I just don't think a FB is that pivotal a position, and it's not like we don't have guys in place- Justin Green, Mike Anderson, both of whom are known for their ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. The big ? is can we find a legit runner. Call me an optimist I guess, but if we find one and we stay healthy then I think we'll be fielding a better team than last year. Replacing Pashos isn't that big a deal. Hell, we might even find someone who can run block to replace him.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 04:14 PM
I meant jumping ship in terms of totally losing hope for the season, I wasn't questioning your loyalty as a Ravens fan. As far as the things you said, I just don't think a FB is that pivotal a position, and it's not like we don't have guys in place- Justin Green, Mike Anderson, both of whom are known for their ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. The big ? is can we find a legit runner. Call me an optimist I guess, but if we find one and we stay healthy then I think we'll be fielding a better team than last year. Replacing Pashos isn't that big a deal. Hell, we might even find someone who can run block to replace him.

WHO CARES ABOUT PASHOS!!! I told you he sucks I hate him glad he's gone!!!!!! JOE STALEY!!!!!! And concerning jumping ships I said we were gonna take a huge step back this year before FA even started.......keep this on the down low but I think last year was a MAJOR fluke! So Ive never technically been on this we're gonna compete for a Superbowl bandwagon, we will never win anything big with Steve McNair!

ATLDirtyBirds
03-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Sounds like Atlanta made a good pickup here. Thanks for him :P

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Sounds like Atlanta made a good pickup here. Thanks for him :P

EAT ONE YOU SMUG TURD!!

.........sorry dude its been a rough day I had to lash out at someone!!!!

Bohleive
03-02-2007, 04:20 PM
WHO CARES ABOUT PASHOS!!! I told you he sucks I hate him glad he's gone!!!!!! JOE STALEY!!!!!! And concerning jumping ships I said we were gonna take a huge step back this year before FA even started.......keep this on the down low but I think last year was a MAJOR fluke! So Ive never technically been on this we're gonna compete for a Superbowl bandwagon, we will never win anything big with Steve McNair!

Well then it seems we'll have to agree to disagree. Like I said I think it all hinges on finding a RB and staying healthy and we should be right in the thick of things.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-02-2007, 04:31 PM
EAT ONE YOU SMUG TURD!!

.........sorry dude its been a rough day I had to lash out at someone!!!!

Why me? (Sadness)

iloxygenil
03-02-2007, 04:32 PM
A lot of Atlanta fans are pissed off that we paid him 3 mil / year for 6 years. What do you guys think? I mean obviously you guys are all pretty upset, but I've never seen much of him. His value isn't in rushes or receptions, is he a pile mover? What do you guys like about him? What does he need to work on?

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Why me? (Sadness)

I apologize, Im just bitter about the realization of truth happening today!

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 04:34 PM
A lot of Atlanta fans are pissed off that we paid him 3 mil / year for 6 years. What do you guys think? I mean obviously you guys are all pretty upset, but I've never seen much of him. His value isn't in rushes or receptions, is he a pile mover? What do you guys like about him? What does he need to work on?

He hits like a freight train when he blocks, he is great out of the backfield, and when he got the ball he looked better than any RB looked at any time for us last year. I wouldn't worry about the money too much.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-02-2007, 04:43 PM
I apologize, Im just bitter about the realization of truth happening today!

Haha. It's fine, my teams make me mad sometimes as well.

JDB7821
03-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Hey, the Ravens owe us one after Hartwell. Your scheme made him look good and we bought it.

Bohleive
03-02-2007, 05:18 PM
So my theory pans out:
I'd have to guess that one more time other teams vastly overpaid for our FA's picking us clean
Just like Kemo and Weaver. Anyways, he looks like he might become a premier FB, but he's only produced for one season and may think a little too highly of himself. Regardless I'd never pay a FB that type of money. He's a good blocker and he catches the ball well out of the backfield.

YouNeverKnow
03-02-2007, 05:24 PM
As well as Mughelli played last year I wouldn't want to be paying him that much money for how often we used him, though we did use him more as the year went on. I worry a little about him being a one year wonder or something since before I thought he was about as good as monkey hurlage.

Yung Flippa
03-02-2007, 05:56 PM
It's Ok That He Left Because
I Still Think That Justin Green Can Be As Good If Not Better
If He Just Stayed healthy

Troj2man
03-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Mughelli had one good season. He's getting way too much money for just one good season. Would have liked to have him back, but not at that price.

bmoreravens5289
03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
It's Ok That He Left Because
I Still Think That Justin Green Can Be As Good If Not Better
If He Just Stayed healthy

I agree...is that a poem or a rap??

BigDawg819
03-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Yes Ovie really only has this past year on his resume. Yes the Falcons overpaid for him. Thats a ridiculous statement about Hartwell, no one told you to over pay for him. Most likely Ovie and Pashos will fail in their new surroundings as do most players who leave us. Yes we missed an opportunity this past season. Yes we are getting older. Yes I feel like a yes man.

Plain and simple its the first day of free agency, lets let the dust settle and focus on what Ozzie does when he does it. He's not going to let us have a major drop off like the Steelers did after stealing the Super Bowl from the Seahawks. I'm preaching patience here fellas because I have faith in Ozzie as well we all should...

ChefMike
03-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I have to agree with Big Dawg here... have faith !! Ozzie is not going to let us fall on our faces ! its totally a cost benefit analysis here... nothing more... then want to pay Ovie that much let them ! Justin Green will do just nicely... Pashos ??? Yes he is good... but not at the prices he will get on the open market... you have to know when to say I can find cheaper or a rookie will do !

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 11:46 PM
As long as Steve McNair starts at QB for this team my faith will not be in them to do anything other than break our hearts and spirit if we make the playoffs.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Ive never had a FB leaving us just completely ruin my day like this has, Ive been a s**t awful piece of garbage c**t of a human being today. I've gotten into so many petty arguments, I've never had 1 day effect me so badly as today did.

niel89
03-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Ive never had a FB leaving us just completely ruin my day like this has, Ive been a s**t awful piece of garbage c**t of a human being today. I've gotten into so many petty arguments, I've never had 1 day effect me so badly as today did.

smile we still have clarence :D

EdReedUnstoppable
03-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Not even Clarence Moore jokes can cheer me up today sorry niel.

YouNeverKnow
03-03-2007, 12:41 AM

Sadly enough losing Pashos and Mughelli doesn't seem too bad, its actually an improvement over the last few days. Now if we had traded Ray Lewis, our heart and soul I would have had to jump off the proverbial sports bridge to make the pain go away. We lived through Weaver and Kemo leaving last year, we will make it this year, though that was subtracting from an already strong unit, not subtracting to a barely still above water unit...

EdReedUnstoppable
03-03-2007, 12:49 AM
What really is making me upset and depressed is the amount of these contracts and our cap situation, who the hell are we gonna sign? We can't afford anybody.

YouNeverKnow
03-03-2007, 01:20 AM
What really is making me upset and depressed is the amount of these contracts and our cap situation, who the hell are we gonna sign? We can't afford anybody.

No kidding, I'm glad we signed C-mac long term when we did. If Clements, who is a pretty damned good corner can get 10 million a year, I wonder what Chris would have demanded on the open market.

Even worse is the fact that Dockery a pretty good guard got 49 Million, even the typical 'cheap' positions in the league are getting expensive for the top players. I'm happy we have a few good young guards cause we aren't signing any young premium guards any time soon by the looks of things.

ChefMike
03-03-2007, 03:17 AM
Don't fret everyone...We have one of the most solid cores of players in the league from top to bottom... even when you look at the World Champs...If we hadnt had that int on the goal line against Indy we would have beaten San Diego or New England to goto the Super Bowl and we could have beaten Chicago just as easy as Indy did !!
No we don't have the most cap room right now compared to San Fran or Arizona or New England but I am content with where we are... last year if you asked anyone they would have told you our OL was our weakness and what happened it turned out to be a strength..Have faith everyone... Ovie and Pashos are not the end of the world to lose... we still have Terry and Brown and Chester and Justin Green. Plus we have Michael Kracalik (6'8" 335lbs) who has been playing in NFL Europe and getting some seasoning plus Ikechuku Ndukwe (6'4" 340lbs) that is on the roster as well... we will be fine I wouldnt pay anyone from the Deadskins a penny to play for us or any of those other high priced OG's on the market !!!

niel89
03-03-2007, 04:27 AM
Not even Clarence Moore jokes can cheer me up today sorry niel.

yeah i know it hurts to lose them but we'll make it through. just wait untill the draft, everything will look a lot better. we have a great coaching staff and ozzie is amazing at drafting.

we will survive. even though next year looks really tough and it looks like we will barely win. the same thing happend last year too. i thought if we went 8-8 that it would be a miracle. i thought we were not gonna be that good but low and behold we had a great year

BigDawg819
03-03-2007, 09:41 AM
I like all the support on my theories, it makes me proud and cheers me up a bit to know that maybe I'm getting a little respect around here... :) Anyway lets not worry too much now about losing Ovie, yes he was a great lead blocker for us but that was only once Coach took over the play calling and Justin Greens' injury basically put him on the spot. Speaking of Green, I like the kid but he's not the type of bulldozing blocker that we need for a smashmouth running game. Now good new is that we have a Mike Anderson who is an ultimate team player and has experience as a fullback. Also I was looking through the rankings on the page and look what I found:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/fb/leronmcclain.html

Sounds eerily similar to a Ovie and will be cheaper and might not even cost us a draft pick. Seriously why am I not in the front office?

The Legend
03-03-2007, 10:09 AM
i have faith in green

ccB
03-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Im not worried about losing Ovie. The Falcons overpaid him, I would be pissed more if we signed him to a deal that big than losing him. I mean he is a FB, not the most important position on the field. For being such a good blocker or whatever Jamal didnt seem to do much running behind him. I say we bring back Ricard, Jamals glory years came running behind Ricard.

jkpigskin
03-03-2007, 12:38 PM
I Want Ovie Back!@!!!