-Find seem and gets north not dancing or studdaring, great hands, decent speed
2. Orion Martin DE Virginia Tech
-hardworker, explosive, experienced and productive
3. Xavier Fulton OT Illinois
-raw but playing great for this only being his 2nd year on the OLine
4. Clay Matthews OLB USC
-walk on who worked his way to the top, good off the edge strong at POA
5. Clint Sintim OLB Virginia
-Vrable type good with hand down and standing, equally good against run and pass rushing
6. Antoine Caldwell C Alabama
-People are starting to notice, but hes recoginition is still too low for me. Best center in the class. Agile, powerful and experienced in big conference
7. John Parker Wilson QB Alabama
-Experience, great manager, decent arm and won't lose you games.
8. Tyler Roehl RB North Dakota State
-Rich man's Hester/Leonard Power, Speed and Vision
9. Otis Wiley S Michigan State
-Ball Hawk is somewhat mistake prone because he takes chances for big hit and big interception
10. Scott McKillop ILB Pittsburgh
-very good pass rusher from inside and wraps up well.

discusion...

Bruce Banner
10-15-2008, 07:36 PM
I like Lucky. Good call.

thenewfeature06
10-15-2008, 07:44 PM
yeah lucky has the potential to b something special he is a downhill runner and will deliver a blow if needed

STARHEATHER
10-15-2008, 07:44 PM
underrateds
like antoine caldwell. id be more inclined to say scott mckillop was overrated. john p wilson wont play qb at the nfl level. im not liking the sound of a brian leonard jacob hester clone before rd 5 maybe. amrlon lucky and clay matthews are not good. i have a tape of mich st im going to try to watch wiley hes crating some buzz. not a huge stintim fan. had a hard time dealing with the speed of usc

overrateds
the only one id say not overrated is duke robinson. i still like v davis, loadholt,heyward bey, although they may be a bit overrated at this point. the rest put them in the g file.
james laurinitis is a glaring omission although i could probably find 50 guys id say were overrated. ive seen laurinitis as high as second ranked player overall

Sniper
10-15-2008, 07:52 PM
9. Taylor Mays S USC

Absolutely not. He's asked to play the deep safety, and he excels at it. He's got terrific range. There's a reason no one throws deep against USC.

STARHEATHER
10-15-2008, 07:56 PM
you must have been watching different games. ive never seen him break up a pass or make a pick, let alone using his hulkish frame to actually hit or tackle anyone. i dont know if mays is a wimp or just not that good a player or what the problem is. ive seen plenty a team succesfully exploit usc downfield

iBoldin
10-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Could I get an explanation on why you think DHB is overrated? He puts up fabolous numbers on a team who I believe runs the ball 65 to 70% of the time. He has awesome attributes, good size, excellent speed, has the body control to be a threat going up for balls against good receivers. I really don't have a major knock on DHB.

illmatic74
10-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Overated- Underated/Overated lists can we think of something else please?

BackwoodsBoy
10-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Overated- Underated/Overated lists can we think of something else please?

I could careless about overrated. I just want the names of some overlooked and seemingly forgotten great prospects to get out there more and people discusion them. Notice I didn't comment on any of my overrated list?

Bengals1690
10-15-2008, 08:20 PM
you must have been watching different games. ive never seen him break up a pass or make a pick, let alone using his hulkish frame to actually hit or tackle anyone. i dont know if mays is a wimp or just not that good a player or what the problem is. ive seen plenty a team succesfully exploit usc downfield

no, you haven't.

Zyro_1014
10-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Overrated:

6. Rey Maualuga ILB USC

9. Taylor Mays S USC

if you are saying that Maualuga is overrated im sorry but Laurenitis is as well. Rey is a better linebacker than Laurenitis hands down. If you watch Laurenitis more than half the tackles come from him jumping on top of the pile when someone else has already made the tackle. Maualuga gets double teamed on more than half the plays.

Also, someone mentioned this in an earlier post. People need to realize that Taylor Mays is our Free Safety, he plays "centerfield" for us. He is not asked to roam around the line of scrimmage (as much as i would love to see that). That is Kevin Ellisons job and he does it very well. Taylor Mayes is good at what we ask him to do, and anyone who says they have seen teams throw the ball down the field successfully against us doesnt know what they are talking about.

Sniper
10-15-2008, 08:48 PM
If you watch Laurenitis more than half the tackles come from him jumping on top of the pile when someone else has already made the tackle.

YES YES YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES! Thank you!

P-L
10-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Overrated
1. Pile Jumper, LB, Ohio State
2. Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
3. Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma

Sniper
10-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Overrated
1. Pile Jumper, LB, Ohio State

Is there a way to change his name to that whenever someone posts it?

illmatic74
10-15-2008, 09:03 PM
I could careless about overrated. I just want the names of some overlooked and seemingly forgotten great prospects to get out there more and people discusion them. Notice I didn't comment on any of my overrated list? I respect that

Sniper
10-15-2008, 09:05 PM
7. Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech

You should be stabbed repeatedly for this.

keylime_5
10-15-2008, 09:05 PM
you have no clue. Laurinaitis' problems have been him taking a first step back instead of forward (no no for a MLB) and being too conservative. A lot of times the defense calls for him to line up way far away from the line of scrimmage and he's too often called for to drop into the middle zone so he's far away from the snap which is a real weird thing that you hardly see on any other defense. Watch the Purdue game and you'll see him much more aggressive though and attacking the LOS. On a 4th and short in the 2nd half Purdue ran it up the middle and had Sheets jump over the pile to get the first down but James hit him pretty good in the air and kept him from getting more than the half a yard his Oline gave him. james played very physical against Wisconsin too surprisingly which is a good sign, though he reverted back to not being physical on a couple plays.

James is a much more disciplined and fundamentally sound 'backer than Rey right now and just more effective. Rey is very physical and aggressive and if he gets straight once he's in the NFL his potential is sky high, but right now Maualuga is a guy who will get you 60 tackles b/c he overshoots too many plays.

illmatic74
10-15-2008, 09:13 PM
I respect that As I respect that the overated facet of the debate takes over. People need to realize if everyone says Mays, Mauluaga, Lauranatis, Crabtree, etc are overated THEY CAN'T BE OVERATED

Sniper
10-15-2008, 09:15 PM
you have no clue.

Has he shed a block yet?

Bruce Banner
10-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Would James L. start for Michigan?

Sniper
10-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Would James L. start for Michigan?

Of course. As would a ******** monkey, a one-legged dog, and a limbless cat. How is that relevant at all to the discussion?

Zyro_1014
10-15-2008, 09:19 PM
James is a much more disciplined and fundamentally sound 'backer than Rey right now and just more effective. Rey is very physical and aggressive and if he gets straight once he's in the NFL his potential is sky high, but right now Maualuga is a guy who will get you 60 tackles b/c he overshoots too many plays.

No, he'll get you 60 tackles because hes got guys like Keith Rivers and Brian Cushing that have been playing right next to him. Keith Rivers maybe had 75 tackles last year but its for the same reason Rey's stats arent all that impressive but Keith Rivers was still taken in the top 10 because they knew how special he was.

Laurenitis plays too soft, and that isnt gonna cut it in the NFL. And as you said. Rey's potential is SKY high, which right there gives him the edge

Bruce Banner
10-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Of course. As would a ******** monkey, a one-legged dog, and a limbless cat. How is that relevant at all to the discussion?

I was just wondering.

Sniper
10-15-2008, 09:21 PM
I was just wondering.

I never claimed Michigan was good this year.

Bengals1690
10-15-2008, 09:23 PM
No, he'll get you 60 tackles because hes got guys like Keith Rivers and Brian Cushing that have been playing right next to him. Keith Rivers maybe had 75 tackles last year but its for the same reason Rey's stats arent all that impressive but Keith Rivers was still taken in the top 10 because they knew how special he was.

Laurenitis plays too soft, and that isnt gonna cut it in the NFL. And as you said. Rey's potential is SKY high, which right there gives him the edge

keith rivers is better than rey though. hes faster, smarter, and a better tackler. Notice i said tackler, not hitter. Rivres is the prototypical WLB. Rey needs to work on his speed and his play recognition.

Zyro_1014
10-15-2008, 09:27 PM
keith rivers is better than rey though. hes faster, smarter, and a better tackler. Notice i said tackler, not hitter. Rivres is the prototypical WLB. Rey needs to work on his speed and his play recognition.

oh i agree with you 110%, dont get me wrong. Keith Rivers is prolly one of the best to ever come out of SC skill wise. He was a much more polished linebacker than Rey was comin out of college, but i do believe that Rey's potential is higher than anyones ive ever seen.

Bengals1690
10-15-2008, 09:29 PM
oh i agree with you 110%, dont get me wrong. Keith Rivers is prolly one of the best to ever come out of SC skill wise. He was a much more polished linebacker than Rey was comin out of college, but i do believe that Rey's potential is higher than anyones ive ever seen.

and what determines a players potential, exactly? im not trying to be a dickhead, but i don't see how rey has any more potential than any other linebacker.

Zyro_1014
10-15-2008, 09:36 PM
and what determines a players potential, exactly? im not trying to be a dickhead, but i don't see how rey has any more potential than any other linebacker.

If you look at linebackers some of them have peaked by the time they have come out of college, like i believe that is the case with Laurenitis. I honestly cant see him getting much better than he already is. Thats not the case with Rey.

When ya look at Rey, look at all his intangibles and all his measurables. Hes huge at 6'4" around 260? and he is very fast. He's still learning the game and has a lot of things he needs to work on which is hard to imagine with how much good he is and how much teams scheme against him.

There are alot of things he is still learning and once he puts them all together he is gonna be scary!....already is!

BackwoodsBoy
10-15-2008, 10:01 PM
So yeah Orion Martin, Marlon Lucky, Otis Wiley, Xavier Fulton...those guys yeah.

keylime_5
10-15-2008, 10:03 PM

no doubt the guy has a world of potential. However the reason for him not putting up big stats is not b/c of the talent around him. He needs to be more disciplined in a nutshell.

keylime_5
10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Has he shed a block yet?
not being that physical is a flaw in JL's game while it is Rey's biggest strength. However James is way better in coverage, way more disciplined, and he is never out of position unlike Rey so it proves there is more to playing the position that being physical, though I wish he would be more physical so he'd be in the elite tier of OSU linebackers instead of just below that.

name of the game is upside, I think Rey should be drafted first b/c of that, but that's not the point in this thread is it? Laurinaitis is a great linebacker and there's a friggin' reason he's gonna be drafted in the top 20 maybe top 10.

Menardo75
10-15-2008, 10:23 PM
It is really hard for me to pick between the two of them, they both bring good things to the table.

Babylon
10-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Who's overrating these guys, the internet? All high profile guys are overrated to an extent.

By the way can i start a team with the overrated guys.

Bruce Banner
10-15-2008, 11:08 PM
not being that physical is a flaw in JL's game while it is Rey's biggest strength. However James is way better in coverage, way more disciplined, and he is never out of position unlike Rey so it proves there is more to playing the position that being physical, though I wish he would be more physical so he'd be in the elite tier of OSU linebackers instead of just below that.

name of the game is upside, I think Rey should be drafted first b/c of that, but that's not the point in this thread is it? Laurinaitis is a great linebacker and there's a friggin' reason he's gonna be drafted in the top 20 maybe top 10.

Tampa 2. Give me JL.
Anything else. Give me Rey.

well.

T2 ILB
JL
T2 OLB
JL
3-4 MLB
Rey
3-4 OLB
hmm. Rey?
4-3 MLB
Rey
4-3 OLB
JL

Geason Noceur
10-16-2008, 01:36 AM
[QUOTE=BackwoodsBoy;1263591]Underrated:
7. John Parker Wilson QB Alabama
-Experience, great manager, decent arm and won't lose you games.

If you've watched Alabama play the last three years, you would know that even thought Wilson is a good game manager and does not make too many mistakes, those that he does make tend to be of the backbreaking variety (i.e. fumbles or pick 6s when the game is on the line).