PDA

View Full Version : Simoni Lawrence JR OLB Minnesota

Ozzy
10-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Simoni Lawrence JR OLB/SS Minnesota

I am not being a total homer here either, yes he goes to the University of Minnesota but seriously I have proven that I do not only watch and follow Gopher games, and with that wide range of scouting that I do, this is what I see in him...

Lookout for this kid, a former safety and JUCO transfer is playing wonderful football on Minnesota. Yes he is a smaller linebacker, but he plays much bigger than his size. He is a big time hitter and yes a big time pass rusher, can really get his pads low, get under the offensive tackle and get the corner quite easily. Not only that, he plays really well against the run, can flat out stone a running back in the hole and with his speed he can cover a lot of ground in the open field.

He will be a standout prospect come next years draft. I doubt he moves back to SS though, he will probably stay at OLB, gain some weight and be the perfect Tampa 2 linebacker. He kid is a stud, and is easily the best linebacker to play at Minnesota in the past ten years. Looked flat out amazing against Illinois and was almost always in the backfield when he rushed the passer.

Not sure about how legitimate this statistic is, but according to Scout.com he supposedly has 4.45 speed, enough said.

https://admin.xosn.com/pics12/640/XG/XGXAXSHHLMFXWLB.20080924135610.jpg

eaglesalltheway
10-16-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't know much about him, but I will keep an eye on him when I can, if indeed he does have that speed, or close to it, he will garner some early attention as long as he produces consistently. I like these things you do, sort of makes me look ahead more at future guys.