PDA

View Full Version : This 13 year old is better than us

SuperKevin
10-17-2008, 07:01 PM
http://www.tricitiessports.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=78&twindow=Default&mad=No&sdetail=29495&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1131&hn=tricitiessports&he=.com

This 13 year old was appointed a volunteer scout for the Atlanta Falcons last year. He gave the Falcons 100 pages of reports on 45 of his sleepers. 43 of them ended up making NFL rosters.

Bruce Banner
10-17-2008, 07:05 PM
I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I wouldn't want my kid doing this!

http://www.tricitiessports.com/clients/tricitiessports/FryeRyan.jpg

^ Confirmation.

Go_Eagles77
10-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Matt Millen's future replacement?

Brent
10-17-2008, 07:08 PM
four were first-round picks, seven were second-round picks, seven were third-round picks, eight were taken in the fourth round.
are they really sleepers?

Bruce Banner
10-17-2008, 07:09 PM

Pft. This kid is a hack.

"He runz reeeaaaallllyyyy fast!, their 4, 2nd round pick"

lol jk

CashmoneyDrew
10-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Must be something in the water in that area. I'm originally from East Tennessee. ;)

TitleTown088
10-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Hey you know what my friendly uncle always used to tell me " If you're old enough to go to the store your old enough to get bread." Oh wait...... Creepy. :(

steelersfan43
10-17-2008, 07:56 PM
"Of that number, four were first-round picks, seven were second-round picks, seven were third-round picks, eight were taken in the fourth round."

Wow. This is ******** he didnt do anything he wrote down players that were going to get drafted and they got drafted. woooooooo!

Gay Ork Wang
10-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Scott Wright did it!

Xonraider
10-17-2008, 08:06 PM
"Of that number, four were first-round picks, seven were second-round picks, seven were third-round picks, eight were taken in the fourth round."

Wow. This is ******** he didnt do anything he wrote down players that were going to get drafted and they got drafted. woooooooo!

He turned in 100 pages!!! I wouldn't ever do that!

yourfavestoner
10-17-2008, 09:14 PM
He turned in 100 pages!!! I wouldn't ever do that!

Well, with 47 prospects, it's only about two pages per prospect.

Gay Ork Wang
10-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Well, with 47 prospects, it's only about two pages per prospect.
which is still a lot

Brothgar
10-17-2008, 09:23 PM

We can only hope :D

Brothgar
10-17-2008, 09:27 PM

Well Dwayne Brown could be considered a sleeper. Chris Johnson was a sleeper first rounder noone including me (I was a huge slappy for him) though he would go in the first to anyone but Dallas.

TheBuffaloBills
10-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Either way, its still impressive for any 13 year to write 100 pages, let alone college players.

BTW happy B-day *** Ork Wang

BlindSite
10-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Not to sound jealous but its not overly impressive. I used to do a draft guide every year for the Panthers huddle and MVN from the age of 15 up and they'd usually end up around 10,000 words sometimes more.

That being said, this kid is light years ahead of where most scouts were at 13 and though yes, one could argue most of his prospects were likely mulligans, its a good effort for a kid to write 100 pages of profiles and be accurate with his predictions, especially when a lot of 13 year olds look at inflated stats and play NCAA football.

the_legend_killer
10-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Didn't Mel Kiper do something similar when he was 18?

steelernation77
10-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Didn't Mel Kiper do something similar when he was 18?

if he did, it would be more impressive because kiper didn't have near the amount of information about prospects we do now

Paranoidmoonduck
10-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Good for him. He's way more dedicated than I think I could ever be when it comes to the draft.

NIN1984
10-18-2008, 02:33 AM
Good read. That's a lot of passion he has for football.

the_legend_killer
10-18-2008, 08:03 AM
if he did, it would be more impressive because kiper didn't have near the amount of information about prospects we do now

I thought when he turned 18 he sent a big ass binder full of prospect info out to all *However many teams their were at the time* teams, ESPN got ahold of one and the rest is shiny haired history.

Malaka
10-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Being 14, not to sound jealous, but I lol, at this kid... he really must have zero things to do or friends to do this... I am too lazy/busy to right a 5 page essay for Chemistry... 100 pages, damn... he must be dedicated to the draft whether or not 75% of his picks were in the 1st four rounds.

Well I guess he loves football, good for him, maybe he can make something out of what he is doing one day, because god knows he won't be playing football even in high school...

http://i33.tinypic.com/11748p4.jpg

nuff said... I am an @$$hole, but w/e I guess I am still pissed about MNF and Eli >.<

Gay Ork Wang
10-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Being 14, not to sound jealous, but I lol, at this kid... he really must have zero things to do or friends to do this... I am too lazy/busy to right a 5 page essay for Chemistry... 100 pages, damn... he must be dedicated to the draft whether or not 75% of his picks were in the 1st four rounds.

Well I guess he loves football, good for him, maybe he can make something out of what he is doing one day, because god knows he won't be playing football even in high school...

http://i33.tinypic.com/11748p4.jpg

nuff said... I am an @$$hole, but w/e I guess I am still pissed about MNF and Eli >.<
he has a ******* kidney disease. Do people even read those articles? making fun of kids with diseases? classy

Malaka
10-18-2008, 04:06 PM
he has a ******* kidney disease. Do people even read those articles? making fun of kids with diseases? classy

Damn, I skimmed through the article, i'd take that one back, I truly am an ass... I should go back into that hole I was hiding in for the last week.

EDIT: I feel like **** about that last post now, god damn...

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
10-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Good read. Very cool opportunity for the kid and a good opportunity for some positive publicity for the Atlanta Falcons organization. I hope for the best for all parties involved here.

d34ng3l021
10-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Thats awesome. I want to be a volunteer scout for some team. I guess thats how it all starts.

Bruce Banner
10-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Thats awesome. I want to be a volunteer scout for some team. I guess thats how it all starts.

You should see some of the Bucs scouts. You can tell by the way they talk that they simply raid draft sites for information. When the Bucs drafted Aqib Talib the Bucs website pulled a scout out of the war room for a quick interview, they asked him why they chose Aqib....I swear to god he recited Scott's scouting report.

The man just didn't seem knowledgeable. Usually I am dazzled by the knowledge of actual NFL employees but it was utter fail in that aspect.

d34ng3l021
10-18-2008, 04:55 PM
You should see some of the Bucs scouts. You can tell by the way they talk that they simply raid draft sites for information. When the Bucs drafted Aqib Talib the Bucs website pulled a scout out of the war room for a quick interview, they asked him why they chose Aqib....I swear to god he recited Scott's scouting report.

Yeah I am sure sites like these immensely help. Probably even do the work for you.

robert pancake gallery
10-18-2008, 11:08 PM
i love how people are jealous of a 13 year old

Xiomera
10-18-2008, 11:10 PM

The not too distant future I expect.

TitleTown088
10-18-2008, 11:56 PM

The man just didn't seem knowledgeable. Usually I am dazzled by the knowledge of actual NFL employees but it was utter fail in that aspect. You should see Ted Thompson in interviews after draft picks. He usually dosen't even refer to them by name or the round they were taken in. Seems like rolled out of bed drunk and though he was playing Keno with people.

jballa838
10-19-2008, 12:17 AM
I wonder if one of his sleepers was Matthew Ryan?

ChiFan24
10-19-2008, 12:41 AM
Prefacing your post with "not to sound jealous" doesn't make you sound any less jealous. It actually just confirms that you are, indeed, jealous. Which is pathetic. The Atlanta Falcons actually listen to what he has to say. Or at least pretend to. Raise your hand if any NFL team cares what you have to say. Didn't think so.

illmatic74
10-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Prefacing your post with "not to sound jealous" doesn't make you sound any less jealous. It actually just confirms that you are, indeed, jealous. Which is pathetic. The Atlanta Falcons actually listen to what he has to say. Or at least pretend to. Raise your hand if any NFL team cares what you have to say. Didn't think so. I am jealous of that kid. If the jets listened to me they still would have drafted D,Brickshaw Freguson damn I suck.

soybean
10-20-2008, 11:18 PM
so after all this help he provided the Atlanta falcons, they still only make him a VOLUNTEER scout?

they AREN'T cheap enough to take his advice but they ARE cheap enough to not pay him.

illmatic74
10-20-2008, 11:20 PM
so after all this help he provided the Atlanta falcons, they still only make him a VOLUNTEER scout?

they AREN'T cheap enough to take his advice but they ARE cheap enough to not pay him. Because he is 13

giantsfan
10-21-2008, 03:41 AM
Great success!!!...???

d34ng3l021
10-21-2008, 03:44 AM

they AREN'T cheap enough to take his advice but they ARE cheap enough to not pay him.

I would rather pay a non 13 year old scout to scout for me. If he wants to send me **** for free and make a name for himself, he can do it. I am not paying him for it his 13 year old advice.

skinzzfan25
10-21-2008, 05:51 AM
He probably wrote 99 pages on Jordy Nelson and then threw in a cover page or a works cited.

Gay Ork Wang
10-21-2008, 07:18 AM
He probably wrote 99 pages on Jordy Nelson and then threw in a cover page or a works cited.
the other guys are just names of guys that he is superior to

iloxygenil
10-21-2008, 07:55 AM

For real, I don't get it, why are people so insanely jealous about a POSITIVE news story? This is a GOOD thing, if you want to get some press quit downing the kid who did work scouting, you don't know what those 100 pages contained, and you don't know exactly WHEN he gave that information when they were sleepers. He could have picked those players before the season even started which would make it impressive, he could have done it mid way, doesn't matter. Applaud the kid's work and work ethic, something most adults don't have the patience to do, write 100 pages about ANYTHING.

Gay Ork Wang
10-21-2008, 07:57 AM
For real, I don't get it, why are people so insanely jealous about a POSITIVE news story? This is a GOOD thing, if you want to get some press quit downing the kid who did work scouting, you don't know what those 100 pages contained, and you don't know exactly WHEN he gave that information when they were sleepers. He could have picked those players before the season even started which would make it impressive, he could have done it mid way, doesn't matter. Applaud the kid's work and work ethic, something most adults don't have the patience to do, write 100 pages about ANYTHING.
umm, i meant malaka... called reading comprehension. I even quoted his post

anyways, i never said i dont appreciate his work

iloxygenil
10-21-2008, 08:47 AM
umm, i meant malaka... called reading comprehension. I even quoted his post

anyways, i never said i dont appreciate his work

I was agreeing with you. I know it's not normal for us, I was calling out the haters alongside you...just was referencing your post as one to build from, not one that was a problem...sorry if that was too confusing to understand.

Gay Ork Wang
10-21-2008, 08:48 AM
haha then its okay lol

iloxygenil
10-21-2008, 08:56 AM
No worries, I have a feeling this isn't the first time things were misunderstood between us lol.