PDA

View Full Version : Myron Rolle

iloxygenil
10-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Well, where are the haters now? The last 2 games the kid has played he's been absolute money. Tackling like a machine, not missing anything, getting in there forcing pass break ups. He's been a man amongst boys of late against a quality opponent, and NC State. If he keeps playing like this...well look out NFL here he comes. There's no question that he was struggling in football because his focus was on school. Now it's football...look out folks...

jnew76
10-18-2008, 10:13 AM
He has been extremely impressive at times throughout his career. I am not surprised that Rolle has seemed to turn the corner this season. He has all the talent in the world. I am curious as to what position he projects to in the pros. I think he could even play LB on a defense like the Colts. He has a frame to play at 225-230lbs. I think he could play safety at the NFL level, but would not fair well in a defense that asked him to frequently match up one-on-one in the slot. He would be a nice fit in a zone package, IMO where he can play facing the line of scrimmage and play down hill.

I do still question his commitment to football. He has the world as his feet as a Rhodes Scholar. He has opportunities that people only dream of in front of him. Until Rolle declares for the draft and officially makes it his profession, I will not have him ranked. He may have already answered these questions, as I have not kept up on his situation this year. I won't have him ranked until the day I know he is going PRO. Right now he is a Student Athlete that has always had academics as his first and foremost priority.

BackwoodsBoy
10-18-2008, 10:20 AM
If he was really so wrapped up in academics to the point that football was not in his future plans then why in God's name did he go to Florida State? Just the fact that way back then when he decided on Florida State tells me that no matter how great of a mind ro student he is that he is still thinking football is in his future.

Geo
10-18-2008, 10:30 AM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24684

ThaU4Life
10-18-2008, 10:46 AM
lol, look out two good games.

BuddyCHRIST
10-18-2008, 10:48 AM
If he was really so wrapped up in academics to the point that football was not in his future plans then why in God's name did he go to Florida State? Just the fact that way back then when he decided on Florida State tells me that no matter how great of a mind ro student he is that he is still thinking football is in his future.

your an idiot, FSU has a brand new top flight medical school and an excellent exercise science program with all new facilities and equipment and tons of distinguished professors to do research under. Myron is in the honors program which means he spends alot of time working under professors doing research and FSU is an excellent research institution.

foozball
10-18-2008, 12:24 PM
your an idiot, FSU has a brand new top flight medical school and an excellent exercise science program with all new facilities and equipment and tons of distinguished professors to do research under. Myron is in the honors program which means he spends alot of time working under professors doing research and FSU is an excellent research institution.

I'll agree that FSU is a reputable university, but if you're going to call someone an idiot, use proper grammar...which means start using "you're" instead of "your." You kinda lose your credibility when you call someone ELSE an idiot.

Sniper
10-18-2008, 01:10 PM

I asked the same question when he committed to FSU instead of the other finalists, but you're right, BC. FSU's medical school is supposed to be outstanding.

BuddyCHRIST
10-18-2008, 02:59 PM
I'll agree that FSU is a reputable university, but if you're going to call someone an idiot, use proper grammar...which means start using "you're" instead of "your." You kinda lose your credibility when you call someone ELSE an idiot.

i actually apologize for calling him an idiot, but I have the same major as Myron and had a class with him so its a little personal when you call out my school.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Very good to see he's playing well know. I've always liked him since he hails from NJ.

Malaka
10-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Well, I have always backed Myron, and in one or two of my mock drafts I had him in the first. Then looking at his production, and I also question whether or not he will play football, I think he is an early-mid 2nd round prospect in my eyes. I did however say that if Myron has a big year this year, he will easily get a first round grade, he has good speed, size, and is a very good tackler, but his instincts are lacking at times, he over-thinks things, and is a James Butler with more potential, and in some schemes he might be able to make the move to linebacker.

BuddyCHRIST
10-18-2008, 04:40 PM
One thing I will say about Myron is that he is an outstanding tackler, I don't know if i've ever seen anyone break his tackle or bounce off him because he wraps up so well. He can play safety in the pro's he's just an in the box type guy, i mean he plays rover for FSU.

BackwoodsBoy
10-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Florida State is still no, nor will it ever be, a Duke, Vandy, Stanford, Harvard, Yale ect. Schools you guy to when you have ZERO intention on a sports career. All I'm saying is he wouldn't have chosen FSU if he didn't at least have the thought of playing pro football.

mqtirishfan
10-19-2008, 01:14 AM
i actually apologize for calling him an idiot, but I have the same major as Myron and had a class with him so its a little personal when you call out my school.

At least you aren't an English major.

iloxygenil
10-19-2008, 11:13 AM
The way I've seen him in a lot of Cover 1 as the deep Safety, he's got more than enough speed to play DB at the pro level. He's going to be a Strong Safety type, and the perfect fit for him, The Atlanta Falcons. Why? Look at the role that Lawyer Milloy plays on that team. The enforcer in the box. Not only does Myron bring that skill set, he actually has ability to cover as well, which Lawyer at this point in his career is lacking. The Falcons need to replace Milloy at some point SOON, and I don't care if it's Myron for sure, but man I think he fits what Atlanta is doing now perfectly. Brilliant players who are good in the classroom. Matt Ryan, Harry Douglas. Those seem to be what the Falcons are really targeting.

Ozzy
10-19-2008, 02:39 PM
I made this comment before, he is not that great in pass coverage. Yes he could be a good OLB prospect in a Tampa 2 defense, but seriously I question his pass coverage ability as a SS

Safeties than kind of fit the mold that Rolle is in physically.
Adam Archuleta
Darnell Bing
Greg Blue

All three of those players were pretty weak in pass coverage in college, played around the line of scrimmage a lot and all three either never really made it in the NFL or were always kind of a issue on defense, especially Archuleta later in his career.

There are not many Sean Taylor (may he rest in piece) type safeties around.

These two are Rolle's saving grace in terms of comparing players, but I have never really seen Page much on Kansas City and Sensabaugh is only really a backup. Page in college was not great in coverage but was very fast.

Jarrad Page
Gerald Sensabaugh

What will be interesting to see is his 40 time, because on the field he does seem a step slow a lot in coverage. At times he does seem very stiff on the football field in coverage.

And I wouldn't consider Rolle a LaRon Landry type because Landry was all over the field in college, and was rarely a step slow. Rolle can tackle with the best of them but they are tackles in the box and because of his outstanding athletic ability and strength, not because of his speed as a coverage safety.

As for his mind, yes that is a huge upside to him as a overall prospect. However if could also be a huge negative because he might not take the game as seriously as players who have this as their main option of employment and having a rich life. Just saying those players might actually be more driven and motivated than he is possibly. If you just look at his abilities shown in pass coverage currently I question his potential as a SS in the NFL.