Michael Montgomery- Doubtful
Ryan Pickett- Questionable
Aaron Rodgers- Probable
Scott Wells- Questionable
Charles Woodson- Probable

Ouch! Still don't know if Harrell is going to play this week

RagingColt
10-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Thought I'd drop in on the Packer section here to see what you guys thought of this weeks game agaisnt us. Do the Pack have the ability to put points up for 4 straight quarters? Our D is missing about half of it's starters from last year with Sanders and Hayden out in the secondary. Think Manning is finally healthy for the first time as well this year. I'm thinking first team to score 35 will be the winner.

ChezPower4
10-17-2008, 09:05 PM
I don't really see ethier team scoring 35 points. But I think if we can run the ball and controll the clock, keeping Manning off of the field we'll have a good chance to win the game.

GB12
10-17-2008, 09:54 PM
This was one of the games I marked off as a lose all of season, but I actually like our chances on Sunday.

RockJock07
10-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Addai not playing is huge plus the colts run defense is just about as bad as the packers.

I'd like to steal this game, and I think this is a very beatable Colts team.

NickCollins36
10-18-2008, 01:50 PM
our d line is f-ed

TitleTown088
10-18-2008, 08:20 PM
I'd expect to see a lot of Chillar tomorrow, Hopefully he can do something to shut down Clark. I doubt it, but hopefully.

Goatboy1717
10-18-2008, 09:10 PM
I'd expect to see a lot of Chillar tomorrow, Hopefully he can do something to shut down Clark. I doubt it, but hopefully.

I expect the same too.

We need Grant to break out in this one. Colts run defense is really struggling this year and we need to keep Manning off the field as much as possible.

Goatboy1717
10-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Ryan Pickett will play for the Packers today. Fellow defensive tackle Justin Harrell won't.

Pickett was listed as questionable on the injury report because of a triceps injury, but he'll suit up for today's game against Indianapolis. That's probably at least part of the reason Harrell's season debut will have to wait at least two more weeks, as he was not activated from the physically unable to perform list.

Center Scott Wells (shoulder/chest) also will start, as expected despite being listed as questionable.

Here are the Packers' inactives: No. 3 QB Brian Brohm, S Atari Bigby, CB Al Harris, DE Jason Hunter, OL Breno Giacomini, OL Allen Barbre, WR James Jones and DE Michael Montgomery. The only mild surprise is Barbre, who generally is active on special teams.

Aaron Rouse will start for Bigby (hamstring) and rookie Jeremy Thompson at least is the announced starter in place of Montgomery (ankle). Harris (spleen), Hunter (hamstring) and Jones (knee) also are out because of injuries.

* For the Colts, inactive are: S Bob Sanders, CB Kelvin Hayden, RB Joseph Addai, TE Gijon Robinson, LB Buster Davis, T Dan Federkeil, WR Roy Hall and DE Curtis Johnson. The most notable among the slew of lineup changes are Tim Jennings starting for Hayden, Melvin Bullitt starting for Sanders and Dominic Rhodes starting for Addai.

* The sun just peaked through for a second, then ducked behind the clouds again on an overcast, windy afternoon here at Lambeau Field. According to weather.com, the rain won't arrive until after the game, but winds could be gusting close to 30 mph. That could make passing a challenge for two offenses that rely heavily on that aspect.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

UK_Cheesehead
10-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Tough game for the Pack today, wasn't feeling totally confident the other day and I had the Colts down to win it, but now it's getting closer to kickoff I'm actually feeling like we can pull this off.

Colts D is beat up and Addai is out, hopefully Grant can brake out and have a big game, our passing game will as good as usual imo.

I'll go Pack 27-21 Colts

EvilMonkey
10-19-2008, 03:28 PM
wow, gutsy onside kick attempt...

at least we got to re-kick it...........................

jackalope
10-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Grant is looking like he did last year. He's hitting the hole hard and getting into the second level.

GB12
10-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Grant is looking like he did last year. He's hitting the hole hard and getting into the second level.
Last year Ryan Grant broke out in our 7th game, coincidence?

Goatboy1717
10-19-2008, 04:53 PM
That ball fell right into Collins' lap. Still a nice run back.

rumfinator
10-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Nick Collins is becoming that Safety we need him to be!

Hawk
10-19-2008, 05:14 PM
nice hurdle, mr. hall

GB12
10-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Too bad Nick Collins can't make plays.

jackalope
10-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Nick Collins is becoming that Safety we need him to be!

Yeah, he's finally broke out this year after barely improving since his rookie year. He had a great deflection down by the endzone as well.

GB12
10-19-2008, 05:20 PM
So when will Woodson get his pick? I'm placing my bet at 6:32 in the 4th.

dunagan15
10-19-2008, 05:27 PM
I love watching the Colts lose..thankyou

Twiddler
10-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Is it just me, or is Phil Simms really ******* annoying while announcing? Can't believe I just noticed it now.

dunagan15
10-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Is it just me, or is Phil Simms really ******* annoying while announcing? Can't believe I just noticed it now.

Always, especially when your team is winning

rumfinator
10-19-2008, 05:52 PM
So....when can Jeremy Thompson (barring he is not injured) become a three down lineman. I mean are the Packers just using KGB because they are paying for him?

On a side note: What kind of beard / mustache does Brandon Chillar have? It looks wicked when I see him.

GB12
10-19-2008, 05:59 PM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/oct08/chillar1016.jpg

How bad ass is that picture.

rumfinator
10-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Badass and beautiful

Bruce Banner
10-19-2008, 06:01 PM
That mother ****** looks crazy.

and good win guys. I love to see the Colts lose.

rumfinator
10-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Always, especially when your team is winning

Simms is dumb IMO. He wanted to know why the Packers defense was not as dominating this year as they should be......errr...how about our injuries.

dunagan15
10-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Great win today guys. No offense, it just makes me happy that we won in Lambeau and the Colts couldn't. Even though you guys played balls out today. Again great game.

princefielder28
10-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Nice performance today and a good way to head into the bye week on a high note

PackerLegend
10-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Wayne 2 catches, Harrison 2 catches... One had 11 yards the other 24 yards. Our D played great and our team really showed alot more emotion then Ive seen.

TitleTown088
10-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Thank the refs for this win Guys. Apparently the won it for the Packers.

EvilMonkey
10-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Wayne 2 catches, Harrison 2 catches... One had 11 yards the other 24 yards. Our D played great and our team really showed alot more emotion then Ive seen.

Yeah, I cant even express how thrilled I've been with our secondary the last couple games. Collins is finally starting to improve and Tramon and Blackmon have looked pretty good. Dont think either one of them is a future stud or anything, but they're definitely nice CBs to have in the future.

Favre4ever
10-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I cant even express how thrilled I've been with our secondary the last couple games. Collins is finally starting to improve and Tramon and Blackmon have looked pretty good. Dont think either one of them is a future stud or anything, but they're definitely nice CBs to have in the future.

Tramon is starting to look like a stud and hes learning from one of the best in the business.

GB12
10-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Tramon Williams is in our future. I wouldn't have said it before the season, but I feel confident that we have a long term answer for one of our corner spots in Williams. Initially I thought that Harris getting hurt was the end for us, but now I don't even look at Williams as a weakspot. He has definitely proved himself, especially after holding down the Colts.

Goatboy1717
10-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Packers played great today. Fantastic way to head into the bye week. Grant looked good today. Kept Manning on the sideline and our defense played phenomenal when he was in. Secondary was lights out.

rumfinator
10-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Tramon Williams is in our future. I wouldn't have said it before the season, but I feel confident that we have a long term answer for one of our corner spots in Williams. Initially I thought that Harris getting hurt was the end for us, but now I don't even look at Williams as a weakspot. He has definitely proved himself, especially after holding down the Colts.

Compared to Tramon...I look at Al Harris as our weakspot.

NickCollins36
10-19-2008, 10:13 PM
how bout ma boi!
NICK COLLIN BETHUNE COOKMAN!!

bearsfan_51
10-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Congrats Packers fans, you've stopped Peyton Manning, but can you stop...

The man....

The myth.....

The legend.....

http://sorryigotdrunk.com/images/orton%20and%20sweet%20tits.jpg

The NECKBEARD!!!

*cue ominous sounding music*

GB12
10-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Still 4 weeks away. Late season matchups can be nice, but I wish we didn't have to wait until week 11 for the first Packers-Bears game.

tjsunstein
10-20-2008, 12:20 PM
absolutely huge win. going into the bye with this kind of win is promising. I thank ryan grant for what he did today, hope he continues it and props to our secondary again. aaron rodgers doesnt make mistakes we win and hes pretty good at not making mistakes.

umphrey
10-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Our running game still sucks. Grant's YPC vs Indy was 3.38, that is unacceptable. His YPC for the year is 3.4. Everyone's healthy, Grant shouldn't be rusty, the passing game is keeping 8 out of the box. I don't know what we have to do to get him going.

Some problems I've noticed:
Negative runs. I see way too many 4 or 5 yard losses plenty of 0, -1 yard gains.
Motivation. Sometimes Grant looks like he takes plays off. Especially when he gets the rock two plays in a row. I've seen it happen a ton of times this year where a defender gets a push and even though he has a blocker in front of him Grant just plods into his blocker or the guy he's blocking and falls down for no gain.
Reads. He misses a lot of holes and runs into defenders for no reason.

He's getting more carries which is a good thing. It keeps the passing game open. But we are relying on Rodgers to convert 3 and 7s way to much. We have such little faith in him on short yardage that we'd rather have our injured QB dive into a body mass for a yard than give it to our "power" back.

UKfan
10-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Great win yesterday Pack. Your secondary was lights out, most impressive.

drowe
10-20-2008, 01:15 PM
secondary deserves all the credit in the world. we didn't get a lot of pressure on manning, but he still had no where to throw. in the end, he was just trying to force it. and, my god does he complain to the refs a lot. hate that clown. glad he'll never win at Lambeau.

TitleTown088
10-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Congrats Packers fans, you've stopped Peyton Manning, but can you stop...

The man....

The myth.....

The legend.....

http://sorryigotdrunk.com/images/orton%20and%20sweet%20tits.jpg

The NECKBEARD!!!

*cue ominous sounding music* Shaking in my boots. Woodson is goof for a pick or two off him. Forte is the one who worries me, since they can't stop the run well. Perhaps Harrell, can lend a fat banana hand.

I can't wait for this game at Lambeau. My ticket better have been worth the 300 bucks I paid for it.

I wish I could throw the rock so I could touch some boobs like that on a regular basis.

RagingColt
10-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Congrats on the win. The Pack whipped us bad in about every way possible. No excuses here.

TitleTown088
10-20-2008, 02:31 PM
on manning, but he still had no where to throw. in the end, he was just trying to force it. and, my god does he complain to the refs a lot. hate that clown. glad he'll never win at Lambeau.
I wonder why most packer fans seem to dislike manning? Is it the long sleeves?

RCAChainGang
10-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah you guys gave the NFC a big name!

I didn't like the refs, but it didn't matter because we wern't going to win...

drowe
10-20-2008, 02:38 PM
I wonder why most packer fans seem to dislike manning? Is it the long sleeves?

yeah, my hatred of peyton manning exists for several reasons.

1-He be whiney. seriously. ****. not every incompletion you throw is somebody else's fault.

2-hate playing against him in Madden. takes most of the play clock to run a play because he always audibles. SERIOUSLY, GENIUS. I RUN THE SAME DEFENSE EVERY PLAY. DON'T ACT SO SHOCKED.

3-threat to break Favre's record when it's all said and done.

umphrey
10-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Yeah you guys gave the NFC a big name!

I didn't like the refs, but it didn't matter because we wern't going to win...

Yeah if I was calling it a lot of calls against the Colts wouldn't have been called. It went both ways, to some degree, but definitely more our way. The refs would have had to been flat out incompetent and biased to cause a 3 TD swing.

ChezPower4
10-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Nice performance today and a good way to head into the bye week on a high note

I agree, I think that our game on Sunday was the best that we've played all year. I hope we can build off of that game and improve on the things that we did wrong. I can't wait till our next game!

PackerLegend
10-21-2008, 10:44 PM
yeah, my hatred of peyton manning exists for several reasons.

1-He be whiney. seriously. ****. not every incompletion you throw is somebody else's fault.

2-hate playing against him in Madden. takes most of the play clock to run a play because he always audibles. SERIOUSLY, GENIUS. I RUN THE SAME DEFENSE EVERY PLAY. DON'T ACT SO SHOCKED.

3-threat to break Favre's record when it's all said and done.

quoted for the truth... plus his forehead ****ing huge. He needs a caution sign or something on that *****

umphrey
10-22-2008, 11:25 AM
I was looking at the highlights of Woodson vs. Reggie Wayne. They should save that video and show it to rookie corners. It was that good.

johbur
10-30-2008, 01:14 AM
I was looking at the highlights of Woodson vs. Reggie Wayne. They should save that video and show it to rookie corners. It was that good.

Woodson is being mentioned slightly in the national press, but the guy hasn't been practicing during the week, has a fractured toe and then comes out and stuffs Wayne in a bag. I hope he's able to kick it up another notch with Harris and Bigby coming back and his body getting healthy. He's not only throwing up great coverage, he's reeling in balls. TT gets props for loading the Pro Bowl riders into his contract.