PDA

View Full Version : DeMarco Murray

DcmRulz
10-18-2008, 03:07 PM
If he elects to come out early, do you think he could be in the 1st day discussion?

He had a big Freshman year last year, and looks pretty good this year as a RS soph (not as good as last year, but still solid)

BuddyCHRIST
10-18-2008, 04:41 PM
eh depends on who declares and probably not, he's coming off a major injury and is really just a scat back type right now.

adschofield
10-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Well, I def. could see him going around the 2nd-3rd range based on his athleticism and production up to date, but I could see him going higher if he produces more either the rest of this year or next year.

LonghornsLegend
10-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Fred Taylor clone when I watch him, cuts on a dime, great lateral agility, I have some durability concerns but feel like he is a 2nd rd talent, his stock could increase if he was having the type of year he was last year but his numbers have cooled off...Still he will be a playmaker at the next level, pair him with a bruiser type back in a RBBC and he's a threat an offense would love to have.

DcmRulz
11-22-2008, 10:33 PM
does this game help his stock some, or destroy any that TT's defense had?

ElectricEye
11-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Damn...I didn't see this thread and literally just made another one...

DcmRulz
11-22-2008, 10:36 PM
ditto, as soon as i brought up my old topic, your's popped up...

sorry

ElectricEye
11-22-2008, 10:42 PM
No, no it fine haha. I was actually thinking about how somebody would probably beat me to the punch right before I clicked the button haha.

Edit: What I had said in the other thread.

With the game winding down, I figured now was as good a time as any to make this thread. DeMarco Murray was really great tonight. Granted, it was against Texas Tech, but they haven't exactly been the easiest team to run on this year either. Hunter ripped them up similarly last week, but he didn't look anywhere near as good as Murray.

He's got pretty good size and a surprising amount of strength to go along with what looks like great speed as well. Offers some value returning and catching passes as well. He has some durability issues, but he looks REALLY good when he's completely healthy as he is tonight. He looks poised to have some real big games down the stretch. He has a real good chance to shoot his stock up. How high can he go though? Personally, I really haven't thought about him coming out much until tonight, but I think he could wedge himself in ahead of CJ Spiller in the underclassmen ranks. I'm not really sure what the general opinion of him is, but he looks like he can be a first round pick to me. I'm curious to hear everyones thoughts on him.

Anyone know how fast he'll run? He looks like a 4.4 type of guy.

SuperKevin
11-22-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't think he declares for some reason.

Cigaro
11-22-2008, 11:14 PM
I've got him in front of Spiller. Both are the same style players, but Spiller brings no inside game at all.

ElectricEye
11-22-2008, 11:17 PM
I've got him in front of Spiller. Both are the same style players, but Spiller brings no inside game at all.

That was pretty much my thought right away as well. He has significantly more power than Spiller as well. I think I would have him behind McCoy and Wells still though, but he has a chance to make a run at McCoy....and maybe I'm overreacting, but perhaps Wells as well. It's way too say though. He might not even come out anyway.

He has some very real durability concerns though. Besides that, there isn't much not to like.

DcmRulz
11-22-2008, 11:26 PM
i think whether he comes out would depend on whether bradford comes out or the entire o-line being replaced.

DcmRulz
11-22-2008, 11:26 PM
gets replaced, sorry

Menardo75
11-22-2008, 11:43 PM
If he came out this year he would probably be in the late second early third round range. He is not a complete back yet. He needs to keep hitting the holes hard like he did tonight, and work on his blocking. I think in the end Chris Brown might be a better pro. He is the most complete back on the roster.

D-Unit
11-22-2008, 11:51 PM
I'd take him over Beanie Wells... but he wouldn't get drafted ahead of him.

Menardo75
11-22-2008, 11:52 PM
I'd take him over Beanie Wells.

Who wouldn't :)

LonghornsLegend
11-22-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm too lazy to look for the exact one, but he easily has one of the sickest HS highlight tapes, just ridiculous.

11-23-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm too lazy to look for the exact one, but he easily has one of the sickest HS highlight tapes, just ridiculous.

YES ! It sucks that he's often injured because when healthy I think most would agree he's easily a top five RB talent.

jayceheathman
11-23-2008, 12:29 AM
He would be first day off of athleticism. If Michael Johnson can be a potential top 10 pick then anything can happen. He's got huge national recognition after tonights game as well. He had great O-line push but he definitely made a ton of people miss tonight. Granted, Tech's defense got pushed around all night.

ElectricEye
11-23-2008, 12:29 AM
If he came out this year he would probably be in the late second early third round range. He is not a complete back yet. He needs to keep hitting the holes hard like he did tonight, and work on his blocking. I think in the end Chris Brown might be a better pro. He is the most complete back on the roster.

I think that's underestimating him quite a bit. He does need to work on his blocking...but that issue hasn't deterred other guys from going high. He's very fast and he's a lot stronger than a lot of people seem to think. He has some durability issues, but I really don't see any problem with the way he runs. He's productive with the ball in his hands and there's a lot of ways to get it to him. He's not a complete back yet, but neither is Chris Brown, Shonn Greene, CJ Spiller, McCoy, hell, even Beanie isn't really a complete back. Really, no one is coming out of college. The entire complete back thing is a bit overrated in todays NFL anyway, considering most teams use two back systems. It's a big deal, but it's livable to have a guy that can't block. Late second is way too low IMO. He's not the scat back a lot of being think he is.

LonghornsLegend
11-23-2008, 12:36 AM
If he can show he stays healthy he will go late 1st, his talent and production is enough to warrant that selection...He will probably time as a high 4.3 low 4.4 in the 40 like Felix Jones did, but he will probably have one of the best shuttles out of every draft eligible RB.

ElectricEye
11-23-2008, 12:41 AM
If he can show he stays healthy he will go late 1st, his talent and production is enough to warrant that selection...He will probably time as a high 4.3 low 4.4 in the 40 like Felix Jones did, but he will probably have one of the best shuttles out of every draft eligible RB.

A lot of the durability problems could potentially be solved with putting on a bit of weight. If he can get up to around 215, that would probably go a long way towards helping him survive the wear and tear of the season.

One thing I'll say about him is he'll probably be much better with a compliment back. Maybe not a fulltime guy, but he should defiantly have a guy to spell him a bit. He'll have to work his way up to getting more carries.

11-23-2008, 12:45 AM
He just looks like a natural out there and maybe sometimes that athleticism can actually mask the deficiences of his game. He's far from a complete RB and is nowhere near maxing out his potential there so it would be unfortunate if he did in fact did declare this early. That being said I have a hard time believing he sneaks into the first unless he comes back for his junior season. Not to mention he must overcome these constant durability issues ..

SenorGato
11-23-2008, 01:15 AM
I think he stays another year, puts on weight, and becomes next years hit RB prospect.

He's a very good talent, but he can afford staying another year.

Race for the Heisman
11-23-2008, 01:22 AM
Late first day/early second day if he were to declare this year. Ahead of all of the seniors but behind McCoy, Moreno, Wells, and maybe Johnson (Stafon) if they all come out.