PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod Taylor

DcmRulz
10-18-2008, 10:14 PM
(I think this topic was done already, but...)

You know, I get a feeling Tyrod Taylor could go either in the 1st round or last round of whatever draft he comes out of, if only because of the potential/floor, playmaker ability/readiness and the Mike Vick comparisons (similar completion % [TT is more accurate], similar height [TT is slightly taller], and dynamic running ability [I think Vick is faster]), and as far as i see, TT's got a clean rap sheet.

Sure, he isn't the greatest decision-maker, or has an NFL arm like Vick, is still pretty short, and is extremely raw, and he did have that foot injury his freshman year, but the potiential is there for some team to take a flyer on/run away from.

I mean, it's been done before (VY, Vick, McNabb, McNair, Akili Smith, some others).

Babylon
10-18-2008, 11:47 PM
(I think this topic was done already, but...)

You know, I get a feeling Tyrod Taylor could go either in the 1st round or last round of whatever draft he comes out of, if only because of the potential/floor, playmaker ability/readiness and the Mike Vick comparisons (similar completion % [TT is more accurate], similar height [TT is slightly taller], and dynamic running ability [I think Vick is faster]), and as far as i see, TT's got a clean rap sheet.

Sure, he isn't the greatest decision-maker, or has an NFL arm like Vick, is still pretty short, and is extremely raw, and he did have that foot injury his freshman year, but the potiential is there for some team to take a flyer on/run away from.

I mean, it's been done before (VY, Vick, McNabb, McNair, Akili Smith, some others).

Granted he doesnt have much for receivers there but wouldnt it make sense to start a thread about someone when they actually have a good game?

DcmRulz
10-19-2008, 12:04 AM
I just started this because i looked up stats for Michael Vick (wondering what made him #1 worthy) and i saw that Tyrod had pretty similar stats.

That and that I have an unusually good feeling about him.

BamaFalcon59
10-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Yeah, definitely not the time to start a thread on him. It's very hard to get a read on a player when he has no supporting cast. Generally we have a nice power running game, but Boston College matched up well against us.

His top four receivers are freshman, three of which are true freshman, and his top two runningbacks are redshirt freshman. His offensive line has been a major disappointment. Tyrod himself looks great when comfortable, but not so great passing when the whole defense is set to stop him.

He most definitely has the talent, though.

BBIB
10-19-2008, 04:59 PM
I just started this because i looked up stats for Michael Vick (wondering what made him #1 worthy) and i saw that Tyrod had pretty similar stats.

That and that I have an unusually good feeling about him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxR-IjIvdI4

LOL

I don't know maybe because he was the most physically gifted QB in NFL history. He ran a 4.3 40 and had one of the strongest arms in the league.

I love Tyrod Taylor but there is no comparison in terms of physical gifts.

I can tell you are too young to remember Vick in college. Remember how good of an athlete that Bush was at USC? THat's how Vick was from the QUARTERBACK position. It was pretty unprecedented. There may never be a QB that physically gifted. It's really a dang shame it went to waste.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-19-2008, 05:34 PM
I remember last year he absolutely ripped through that FSU defense like it was nothing. 3rd and 20? No problem, I'll jog to the first down. The kid is a very good runner and a better passer than people give him credit for. He has NO weapons to work with right now and he has at times single handedly carried his team to a win. Only a true sophomore, he has a lot of time to get better and look at Juice Williams. A year ago he was one of the worst starters of a D-1 school and now he looks worlds better and is starting to become a top QB.

BamaFalcon59
10-19-2008, 05:41 PM
I remember last year he absolutely ripped through that FSU defense like it was nothing. 3rd and 20? No problem, I'll jog to the first down. The kid is a very good runner and a better passer than people give him credit for. He has NO weapons to work with right now and he has at times single handedly carried his team to a win. Only a true sophomore, he has a lot of time to get better and look at Juice Williams. A year ago he was one of the worst starters of a D-1 school and now he looks worlds better and is starting to become a top QB.

It was actually third and 31. Haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIQ1S1jyqQE

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 06:27 PM
more likely last rd. you cant win in the nfl with these types. hell be in a similar scenario to pat white by the time its done

BamaFalcon59
10-19-2008, 06:36 PM
more likely last rd. you cant win in the nfl with these types. hell be in a similar scenario to pat white by the time its done

Lol ok. Besides the fact that he has thirty pounds on White as a true sophmore, he has a bigger arm, and his passing game is pro style.

Horrible comparison by a horrible talent evaluator.

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 06:42 PM
i just didnt see any games today with a tyrod taylor type at qb. i guess hes the one to usher in the era of the spread option in the nfl

BamaFalcon59
10-19-2008, 06:43 PM
i just didnt see any games today with a tyrod taylor type at qb. i guess hes the one to usher in the era of the spread option in the nfl

Really? That would be cool, but he's never ran the spread option, so it may have some difficulties.

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 06:47 PM
so how do you see him being utilized, all 6' of him. i just didnt see any tyrod taylor types today. so im assuming hes so good hes going to change the nature of the qb position at the nfl level. i guess hes the next step in the evolution?

BamaFalcon59
10-19-2008, 06:54 PM
He's a true sophmore with no weapons. But a 6'1" 225 pound QB, four year starter at a major school with great athleticism and a good arm, that is something NFL teams will be interested in.

It is far too early to give him a draft grade, but passing him off because he is 6'1" is not smart. Then again, I'm sure you dislike Favre, Brees, Rodgers, Cutler, etc etc..

You are overly criticizing, because you think you make yourself sound smart. The thing is, when asked for a list of top ten players you named CJ Spiller, Duke Robinson, Tyson Jackson, etc.. You know very little.

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 07:04 PM
i know its always someone elses fault. im just telling you why i dont like tyrod taylor. im not sure what cj spiller has to do with it. so again ill ask, please tell me how hes going to revolutionize the nfl qb position, since he doesnt look or play like the players that played today. and i didnt name cj spiller in any top 10. and youre right, i do love duke robinson whos team is averaging about 600 per game on offense. and i do love tj as well with his 5 sacks and his dropping into coverage etc. now if you would please tell me how tyrod taylor is going to revoulitionize the position rather than change the subject to some post that i may or may not have made

BamaFalcon59
10-19-2008, 07:10 PM
You haven't refuted anything I have said.

- 6'1" 225 (projected)
- 4 year starter at a major program
- Not a spread option
- Conventional passing offense
- Athletic

I'm not seeing the downside. You are a sad excuse for a want to be scout. Like I said, you overcriticise to appear intelligent.

Why am I arguing with a person who does not recognize that a player does not need to be the prototype (seeing how you want every QB to be 6'4" 230 with a rocket arm and lazer accuracy, and every top RB needs to be 6'0" 225 with 4.4 speed) to be successful in the NFL.

Come back to this subject in two years, when a player is actually a senior and not surrounded by all freshman. And yes, that is a valid excuse. No QB is going to succeed with an average offensive line, four freshman receivers, and two freshman runningbacks.

BamaFalcon59
10-19-2008, 07:13 PM
i know its always someone elses fault. im just telling you why i dont like tyrod taylor. im not sure what cj spiller has to do with it. so again ill ask, please tell me how hes going to revolutionize the nfl qb position, since he doesnt look or play like the players that played today. and i didnt name cj spiller in any top 10. and youre right, i do love duke robinson whos team is averaging about 600 per game on offense. and i do love tj as well with his 5 sacks and his dropping into coverage etc. now if you would please tell me how tyrod taylor is going to revoulitionize the position rather than change the subject to some post that i may or may not have made

in no particular order

tyson jackson
terrence cody
sergio kindle
brian orakpo
duke robinson
darius heyward bey
josh freeman
eugene monroe
cj spiller
michael oher
william moore

is that 10? im sure ill have more as the season goes along. its still early. there are still those hidden that will reveal themselves, i just havent seen them yet, but i will at some point

I guess you didn't remember your own post.

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 07:26 PM
ok he was in the top ten. and again, tell me why hes going to revolutionize the position, becuase he doesnt look like any of the guys who played today. so hes going to have to change the nature of the position. so id like to hear it.unless you just have previous posts about other players. but i thought we were talking about how great tyrod taylor is for the nfl game. i have some downsides

1. too short
2. skinny and frail, although your projecting hes going to put on 30lbs aof muscle.
3. not nfl caliber throwing arm
4. offense isnt really any good
5 goes to va tech

BamaFalcon59
10-19-2008, 07:32 PM
ok he was in the top ten. and again, tell me why hes going to revolutionize the position, becuase he doesnt look like any of the guys who played today. so hes going to have to change the nature of the position. so id like to hear it.unless you just have previous posts about other players. but i thought we were talking about how great tyrod taylor is for the nfl game. i have some downsides

1. too short
2. skinny and frail, although your projecting hes going to put on 30lbs aof muscle.
3. not nfl caliber throwing arm
4. offense isnt really any good
5 goes to va tech

1. He won't revolutionize it; players like Jeff Garcia, Cunningham, Steve Young, Donovan McNabb, Brett Favre, and More have been 'undersized' at 6'2" or under or lacked a lot of weight and succeeded. All of the players mentioned were also improvisors and mobile.

2. He is 6'1" 215, which is fine for a true sophmore. I am predicting 15 pounds in two and a half years, which is completely reasonable.

3. Ignorant. He lobs too many passes, but when he winds up he can throw it 60, and there have been much worse arms in the NFL.

4. No duh. An offense pertaining of all first and second year players at the skill positions will do that. Check it out when he is a senior.

5. Where a first overall pick was selected at QB; Virginia Tech. also had the second most players drafted in the most recent draft.

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 07:36 PM
theres that someone elses fault thing again. so youre loking for the next jeff garcia. good luck winning super bowls with that. as for va tech, i dont like players from their program.its a loose program. they may have had all these players drafted, but not many of them are any good. and i dont see donaovan mcnabbs size or throwing arm.

BamaFalcon59
10-19-2008, 07:38 PM
theres that someone elses fault thing again. so youre loking for the next jeff garcia. good luck winning super bowls with that. as for va tech, i dont like players from their program.its a loose program. they may have had all these players drafted, but not many of them are any good. and i dont see donaovan mcnabbs size or throwing arm.

Of course you ignored the name Steve Young and many others I listed, which were just examples.

Lol you are faulting a player for coming from a specific school, and one that produces NFL talent every year! Pulling for straws.

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 09:03 PM
right now hes the next steve young. certain programs dont produce the quality of "student athletes" youd like to see. va tech is one of them. a player from va tech is devalued always. its a loose loose program. they take anyone. like i said, i didnt see any tyrod taylor clones out there. he looks a lot to me like pat white

BamaFalcon59
10-19-2008, 09:12 PM
right now hes the next steve young. certain programs dont produce the quality of "student athletes" youd like to see. va tech is one of them. a player from va tech is devalued always. its a loose loose program. they take anyone. like i said, i didnt see any tyrod taylor clones out there. he looks a lot to me like pat white

Do some homework before you post. You seem uninformed, and in this situation you are. Tyrod has every possible leadership and personality intangible a team could want. Where as players like DHall, Jimmy Williams, and others were known as players with bad personality traits, Taylor is a model leader. VT is aware of the perception that some players give off, and we are fixing it.

Also, don't say student athletes. Plenty of kids each year can not be Hokies because of grades. #1 prep player in the country Bobbie Massie would be a Hokie, but instead he has to head to the SEC because of porous grades.

Staubach12
10-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Fight! Fight! Get him Bama! Punch the ignorance out of him!

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 09:37 PM
and you know these things how? are you on the coaching staff? know him etc? va tech produces an inordinate many players with questionable character
this dude couldnt beat me at chess. hes way way way way out of his league. i mean just the belief that tyrod taylor is an nfl qb pretty much says everything that needs to be said.

illmatic74
10-19-2008, 09:43 PM
and you know these things how? are you on the coaching staff? know him etc? va tech produces an inordinate many players with questionable character
this dude couldnt beat me at chess. hes way way way way out of his league. i mean just the belief that tyrod taylor is an nfl qb pretty much says everything that needs to be said. I don't think Tyrod Taylor will be a good QB either. But chess seriously. You know what they should add chess to the combine to see who are the real players

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 09:47 PM
im not very good at chess. i havent played it much at all and its been 20 yrs probably. that was the point to clarify. let alone try to convince me that this dude is an nfl qb. that hes more donovan mcnabb than pat white

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-19-2008, 10:23 PM
It was actually third and 31. Haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIQ1S1jyqQE

=(, don't remind me

RaiderNation
10-19-2008, 10:56 PM
I cant wait for Terrelle Pryor.....

BamaFalcon59
10-20-2008, 04:22 PM
this dude couldnt beat me at chess. hes way way way way out of his league. i mean just the belief that tyrod taylor is an nfl qb pretty much says everything that needs to be said.

I never said he was a NFL QB at this point. Several times in this thread I have said wait and see. He is a true sophmore with no supporing cast.

But you neglected me saying that, didn't you?

Staubach12
10-20-2008, 04:32 PM

http://nonphotographer.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/_dsc0782-a.jpg

Best. Football player. Ever.