PDA

View Full Version : Quan Cosby, WR, Texas

Monomach
10-18-2008, 10:48 PM
This fella looks pretty decent very time I see him, but he'll turn 27 during his rookie season in the NFL. That's got to be hell for his draft stock.

Anyone think he can break out of the 6th-7th round?

LonghornsLegend
10-18-2008, 11:19 PM
To be honest he's probably more of an AFl/CFL type of WR anyway, there are always tons of college WR's who are good but don't end up playing at the next level...Quan has some of the best hands you will find and being a baseball player its not surprising, but he's got age against him where by the time he hits a WR learning curve he will be 25 going into the draft already.

He certainly could get picked up later in the draft and provide some immediate help as a return man, and in the right system he could be a nice slot guy, but if I had to guess I'd say we see him in the CFL, I don't want to bet against the guy because he's a fine WR but I am not sure yet.

*edit he's 25 not 27.

Monomach
10-19-2008, 10:08 AM
To be honest he's probably more of an AFl/CFL type of WR anyway, there are always tons of college WR's who are good but don't end up playing at the next level...Quan has some of the best hands you will find and being a baseball player its not surprising, but he's got age against him where by the time he hits a WR learning curve he will be 25 going into the draft already.

He certainly could get picked up later in the draft and provide some immediate help as a return man, and in the right system he could be a nice slot guy, but if I had to guess I'd say we see him in the CFL, I don't want to bet against the guy because he's a fine WR but I am not sure yet.

*edit he's 25 not 27.

Of course he's 25...but he turns 26 in a couple of months and as I said, will turn 27 during his rookie season. His birthday is in December 1982.

I ask because he's somehow rated 13th in this site's rankings. With the catches he's pulled down and hung onto, you'd think that someone would take him in the second or third as a possession type if he were 4 years younger.

MetSox17
10-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Of course he's 25...but he turns 26 in a couple of months and as I said, will turn 27 during his rookie season. His birthday is in December 1982.

I ask because he's somehow rated 13th in this site's rankings. With the catches he's pulled down and hung onto, you'd think that someone would take him in the second or third as a possession type if he were 4 years younger.

He doesn't have NFL speed. Reminds me a lot of BJ Johnson a few years back.

LonghornsLegend
10-19-2008, 10:33 AM
He doesn't have NFL speed. Reminds me a lot of BJ Johnson a few years back.

Me too, and I almost mentioned him but I didn't think too many people would remember him, BJ jumped around a bit and got picked up by the Broncos but never got a career started and he was a damn good WR for us, was one of my favorite Longhorns...Quan would be a starter in another league so he may opt to do that anyway.

Geo
10-19-2008, 10:34 AM
The age isn't that much of an issue, wide receivers probably have a longer shelf life in the league than any other position.

He really caught my eye in the Oklahoma game, moreso than his teammate Shipley who the announcers like to hype up.

MetSox17
10-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Me too, and I almost mentioned him but I didn't think too many people would remember him, BJ jumped around a bit and got picked up by the Broncos but never got a career started and he was a damn good WR for us, was one of my favorite Longhorns...Quan would be a starter in another league so he may opt to do that anyway.

Yeah, BJ was definitely one of my favorites as well. That trio of BJ, The Legend, and Sloan Thomas was killer. I see Quan having a similar fate in the league as Johnson, because he just doesn't have the size to be slow, or the speed to be small. He has very solid reliable hands, and can shift around a bit in the return game, but i doubt he'll ever be a starter.

Prowler
10-19-2008, 10:42 AM
he is the ambassador of quan

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 07:32 PM
i like him. makes lots of plays. good athlete, catches the ball properly. little old. i could see him turning into a nice value 3rd rd or later. i dont see an nfl star, but he could be an effective player