PDA

View Full Version : vikings made offer for quinn?

russie
10-19-2008, 11:41 AM
VIKINGS MADE OFFER FOR QUINN?
Posted by Mike Florio on October 19, 2008, 12:25 p.m.
Charley Walters of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Vikings offered the Browns a first-round pick in 2009 and a second-round pick in 2010 to the Browns for quarterback Brady Quinn.

Per Walters, the Browns passed.

Walters cites no source, named or unnamed, to support the story, using instead the vague “word is” preface.

Walters also suggests that the Browns might ultimately trade Derek Anderson to the Vikings, if they choose not to move Quinn.

the_legend_killer
10-19-2008, 12:22 PM
No thank you.

yo123
10-20-2008, 01:07 PM
If we trade for Derek Anderson, I don't know if I could continue to follow the Vikings. He's just as bad as Gus.

The_Dude
10-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Charlie Walters likes to make stuff up..... he must have gone to the Sid Hartmann school of Journalism

The Dynasty
10-20-2008, 02:41 PM
If we trade for Derek Anderson, I don't know if I could continue to follow the Vikings. He's just as bad as Gus.

Oh come on...Gus has been average so far and he was 3-1. We didnt lose yesterday because gus..we lost because of Special Teams. I agree I dont want Derek Anderson. Some dont want this but I want just to draft a Franchise QB. If we want to win a superbowl you have to draft one IMO. In the past Decade 8 of the 10 winners have drafted the QB or Either traded before taken a snap for drafted team( Manning, Elway.)

Then look at this year the teams that are doing well are Bills, Steelers, Redskins, Giants, Broncos, Falcons, and Titans....all of them drafted the franchise QB except Titans.

yo123
10-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Oh come on...Gus has been average so far and he was 3-1. We didnt lose yesterday because gus..we lost because of Special Teams. I agree I dont want Derek Anderson. Some dont want this but I want just to draft a Franchise QB. If we want to win a superbowl you have to draft one IMO. In the past Decade 8 of the 10 winners have drafted the QB or Either traded before taken a snap for drafted team( Manning, Elway.)

Then look at this year the teams that are doing well are Bills, Steelers, Redskins, Giants, Broncos, Falcons, and Titans....all of them drafted the franchise QB except Titans.

I never said that the problem was Gus, he's part of it, but he's far from the biggest part. That doesn't mean he's a good quarterback.

FuzzyGopher
10-20-2008, 05:33 PM
I was at the Redskins game on Sunday and I made it a point to watch Brady Quinn on the sidelines. He was the one interacting with the other players and coaches and after halftime he was warming up with Winslow. When Anderson came the the sidelines he would stand by himself and not talk with the other players or coaches. He just seemed to isolate himself and it seemed more like Quinn's team than Anderson's.