PDA

View Full Version : jay glazer reports favre helped lions prepare for packers

russie
10-19-2008, 11:42 AM
FAVRE HELPED LIONS PREPARE FOR PACKERS
Posted by Mike Florio on October 19, 2008, 12:14 p.m.
Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

To the extent that any doubt remained regarding the status of the relationship between the Packers and former quarterback Brett Favre, itís now completely gone.

Per Jay Glazer of FOX, Favre spent 60-to-90 minutes before the Week Two game between the Lions and the Packers educating the Detroit coaching staff regarding the Packersí offensive strategies.

Did we say wow?

Glazer says that Favre initially called former CEO Matt Millen, who then put Favre in touch with the coaches.

In our view, Brettís legacy with the Packers has officially been forever stained, if not completely destroyed Ė unless Favre immediately denies the report, and unless people believe it.

Wow.

The next question is whether and to what extent Favre shared similar information with the Vikings (where his former position coach is the offensive coordinator) before Week One, or with the Seahawks (where his former head coach is the head coach) before Week Six.

If so, Brettís advice didnít work. The Packers won all three games.

TitleTown088
10-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Yeah just saw this. If it's true I'd be very disappointed in Lord Favre. My question is how does he know? Favre must really really be mad at teddy @ co.

Gay Ork Wang
10-19-2008, 11:46 AM
he prolly fooled them and gave them false information

nrk
10-19-2008, 11:49 AM
he prolly fooled them and gave them false information

He's gotta stick it to the Lions some how now that he's out of the division.

Babylon
10-19-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm calling BS on this one.

princefielder28
10-19-2008, 11:56 AM
worked out well for detroit...haha

Number 10
10-19-2008, 12:01 PM
I would be more down on Detroit than Favre if this were true.

There are Pro Personnel guys that get paid full time salaries to know the Packers inside and out. But then again......

TitleTown088
10-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah, If this in fact did happen the Lions really suck. They gave up three first quarter TD's when the knew " ofensive secrets"?

Twiddler
10-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Wow. I hope this wouldn't be true. However, if many of the other stories that I've heard in the past few months about Brett were true than I probably wouldn't put it past him to do this. Still, ouch.

yourfavestoner
10-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Surprise surprise.

regoob2
10-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Does it matter? Its not like he calls every team the pack plays.

Xiomera
10-19-2008, 01:56 PM
If the Lions wanted Favre's help they should have just traded to get him.

WTF.

BBIB
10-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Packer fans will always love Favre.

I don't think they will nearly hold a grudge against him like per say Falcon fans have done vs Michael Vick.

At least ultimately releasing Favre was a management decision.

CashmoneyDrew
10-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Packer fans will always love Favre.

I don't think they will nearly hold a grudge against him like per say Falcon fans have done vs Michael Vick.

At least ultimately releasing Favre was a management decision.

Really? Seemed like there was a lot of damn support for Mike Vick after the incident. Seems like there still is. Hell, there's probably some fans that'll want him back when he's out of prison.

Brent
10-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Well, it was good info...

P-L
10-19-2008, 06:46 PM
The Lions had the lead in that game with 5:00 left. The Packers just padded the score off of 3 straight Kitna interceptions.

princefielder28
10-19-2008, 06:47 PM
The Lions had the lead in that game with 5:00 left. The Packers just padded the score off of 3 straight Kitna interceptions.

That lead was thanks to the Packers defense letting it up, not so much the Lions possibly "knowing" what the offense had in mind.

P-L
10-19-2008, 06:55 PM
That lead was thanks to the Packers defense letting it up, not so much the Lions possibly "knowing" what the offense had in mind.
The Packers got up 21-0 and then the offense did nothing significant the rest of the game until the drive when they took the lead back. The Packers got more than half of their yards on those three drives. They averaged 14 yards per drive between the time they went up 21-0 and the time they went up 27-25.

illmatic74
10-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Don't Care

cowboyz
10-19-2008, 07:32 PM
but how much could he tell them?

he was only with them a little this season. and it's not like he had the gameplan against the lions.

bernbabybern820
10-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Peter King reported that Brett Favre told him that the allegations were total B.S.

Twiddler
10-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Peter King reported that Brett Favre told him that the allegations were total B.S.

Maybe the accusations are false, but I'm going to wait until I hear it from a reporter who isn't all over Brett Favre's nuts.

Menardo75
10-19-2008, 09:32 PM
I seriously doubt that is true.

Shiver
10-20-2008, 04:25 AM
If this is true then I have even less respect for Favre than I did. Normally I would dismiss something like this, but Favre has shown nothing but pettiness and selfishness over the course of the past few years so I am not sure what to think.

PACKmanN
10-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Does it matter? Its not like he calls every team the pack plays.

"In addition, there have been rumors that Favre has spoken to other teams giving them information, but most of those teams insist they have not heard from the famed gunslinger."

Boston
10-20-2008, 07:10 PM
The Packers got up 21-0 and then the offense did nothing significant the rest of the game until the drive when they took the lead back. The Packers got more than half of their yards on those three drives. They averaged 14 yards per drive between the time they went up 21-0 and the time they went up 27-25.

Do you really think that was a result of the Lions D getting their **** together just like that? Don't you think it's a bit coincidental that on the drive the Packers needed the go ahead TD, they got it with ease?

Xonraider
10-20-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm just glad Oakland finally beat him..

D-Unit
10-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Was this before or after he told Romo to play through injury? HHAHAHAHA.

Hawk
10-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Was this before or after he told Romo to play through injury? HHAHAHAHA.

"I played with a god-dang broken thumb, you only broke your pinkie, go out there and fling it boy"

Saints-Tigers
10-21-2008, 12:39 AM
worked out well for detroit...haha

Maybe when he passed the info, it got intercepted.

Whistler6
10-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Jay Glazer was just on Dan Patrick's radio show..

I don't have a link, but he said several things including:

"I back up my reports 1000%, 1000%"

and

"I would not have released this story if I wasn't completely positive. I have
3+ sources confirming this"

vidae
10-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Maybe when he passed the info, it got intercepted.

This made me laugh.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Yeah just saw this. If it's true I'd be very disappointed in Lord Favre. My question is how does he know? Favre must really really be mad at teddy @ co.

Wow you guys really must have hurt his feelings OR he is that much of a diva type. If he did that here he'd get the Tiki Barber treatment. We stopped showing highlights with him now at the stadium, because everytime they'd show it on the jumbotron, the whole stadium would boo. So now, no more from the games i went to.

GB12
10-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Who cares?

Twiddler
10-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Who cares?

I'd say a good amount of Packer fans and some of the Packer players. Seriously, it wouldn't be so bad if the allegations weren't that Brett contacted the Lions, instead of vice-versa.

Also, another interesting tidbit on this is how ESPN seemingly hasn't touched it at all (at least from what I've seen). They apparently are not reporting it at all because of how they have been told that it is completely false and they don't report erroneous reports. Yeah, that's stopped them before... :rolleyes:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=475948

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 06:30 PM
I'd say a good amount of Packer fans and some of the Packer players. Seriously, it wouldn't be so bad if the allegations weren't that Brett contacted the Lions, instead of vice-versa.

Also, another interesting tidbit on this is how ESPN seemingly hasn't touched it at all (at least from what I've seen). They apparently are not reporting it at all because of how they have been told that it is completely false and they don't report erroneous reports. Yeah, that's stopped them before... :rolleyes:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=475948

You would think they'd contribute to the dirtying of the reputation of their golden media boy?

Twiddler
10-21-2008, 06:38 PM
You would think they'd contribute to the dirtying of the reputation of their golden media boy?

Well yeah, obviously. I just found it humorous...

BlindSite
10-21-2008, 06:40 PM
If you read ESPN and only ESPN you'd think the NFL consisted of the Dallas Cowboys the New England Patriots and the New York Favres

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 06:46 PM
If you read ESPN and only ESPN you'd think the NFL consisted of the Dallas Cowboys the New England Patriots and the New York Favres

But.... it does.

Mr.Regular
10-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Wow Favre.... he just admitted it... I love him and all as my childhood hero, but he sure has turned into a (or is just showing now) real dick.

Hawk
10-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Wow Favre.... he just admitted it... I love him and all as my childhood hero, but he sure has turned into a (or is just showing now) real dick.

There's a certain Bears fan that is going to say he has always been one.

Can't say I disagree with him anymore.

MetSox17
10-22-2008, 11:27 AM

Apparently all he said was that Millen asked him about the offense and how they attacked them previously, and that Favre "didn't tell him much" cause he "hadn't been in that offense for over a year".

Twiddler
10-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Apparently all he said was that Millen asked him about the offense and how they attacked them previously, and that Favre "didn't tell him much" cause he "hadn't been in that offense for over a year".

Yeah, he denied any information was shared. So we're basically at the same point that we were before, the only difference is that we now know they talked, about what nobody knows.