PDA

View Full Version : Best Big 12 QB?

KCStud
10-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Which one will make the best pro?

Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, Chase Daniel, Graham Harrell, Todd Reeseman?

Whatcha got?

CashmoneyDrew
10-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Bradford easy. I don't even think it's close.

Staubach12
10-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Sam Bradford. He's the best QB prospect in a very, very long time. I LOVED Culter, so I liked Cutler a bit more than I like Bradford right now. However, before that... You could make a case that Carson Palmer was a better prospect. Then there's Peyton Manning. So, Bradford is fantastic.

Babylon
10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm glad someone started this thread so i could jump in. I find it very difficult to get a read on B-12 QBs because of the run and shoot nature of their offenses, they pretty much only run underneath routes to their tightends and wideouts.

Clearly as Voodoo pointed out Bradford is the top prospect, although i think he should stay another year, but McCoy is intriguing to say the least. He moves around so well he can buy himself time. Wasnt Joe Montana an undersized QB that could move around????

CashmoneyDrew
10-19-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm glad someone started this thread so i could jump in. I find it very difficult to get a read on B-12 QBs because of the run and shoot nature of their offenses, they pretty much only run underneath routes to their tightends and wideouts.

Clearly as Voodoo pointed out Bradford is the top prospect, although i think he should stay another year, but McCoy is intriguing to say the least. He moves around so well he can buy himself time. Wasnt Joe Montana an undersized QB that could move around????

Lol. I guess you just jinxed any chances he had by comparing him to Montana.

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 06:13 PM
for the nfl?josh freeman. and its not close for 2nd. these guys arent even close remotely in the same atmosphere. freeman doesnt play every snap from the gun for that other guys point.

princefielder28
10-19-2008, 06:46 PM
for the nfl?josh freeman. and its not close for 2nd. these guys arent even close remotely in the same atmosphere. freeman doesnt play every snap from the gun for that other guys point.

Freeman is soooooooooo overrated; Bradford has the arm strength to make pretty much any throw and his vision and decision making is elite

bspen4
10-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Which one will make the best pro?

Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, Chase Daniel, Graham Harrell, Todd Reeseman?

Whatcha got?

Bradford will be the best pro. Not to be a homer but how do you have Todd Reesing on there and not Josh Freeman?

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 06:52 PM
sam bradford is the one who is overrated. freeman is underrated. best qb prospect in a while, you mean since last week? or 5 minutes ago when you said that? put this dude under any type of duress and he curls up in the fetal position and dies. he has a below average nfl throwing arm, height is way over stated. just because his offensive line dominates at will and 90% of the teams they play cant cover their receivers and they run the ball at will and he never gets touched in most of their games doesnt show anything. getting 400 when you throw it 50 times in a game doesnt prove anything either. i was excited about him, until wvu last year. they got pressure, he was inneffective. texas got pressure in the 2nd half, he was ineffective. i would say

1. freeman
2. zac robinson
3 bradford

the rest avoid like the plague

Babylon
10-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Lol. I guess you just jinxed any chances he had by comparing him to Montana.

If i actually thought that i had the ability to influence anything i'd be down in Vegas cashing in.

adschofield
10-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Bradford will be the best pro. Not to be a homer but how do you have Todd Reesing on there and not Josh Freeman?

Todd>Josh...Todd would make a great back-up, although I doubt he wants to go that route.

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 07:17 PM
todd would make for good cannon fodder. never no chance none not a shot ever of playing the position effectively in the nfl. could you imagine your team out there and theyre playing todd reesing in an nfl game? the horror would just be too much to bear.

illmatic74
10-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Sam Bradford by far.

STARHEATHER
10-19-2008, 07:28 PM
colt mccoy has been far better than bradford

Cigaro
10-19-2008, 07:30 PM
todd would make for good cannon fodder. never no chance none not a shot ever of playing the position effectively in the nfl. could you imagine your team out there and theyre playing todd reesing in an nfl game? the horror would just be too much to bear.

Bear?

http://www.americanbear.org/shared/images/homepage/black-bear.jpg

illmatic74
10-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Robinson is my number 3 right now. Against Mizzouri he showed some potential. I have to get some more looks at him next year.

bspen4
10-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Todd>Josh...Todd would make a great back-up, although I doubt he wants to go that route.

Ha thats funny. There is no way Reesing is even comparable to Freeman as an NFL prospect

illmatic74
10-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Todd>Josh...Todd would make a great back-up, although I doubt he wants to go that route. He will make a great backup in the AFL2

DeathbyStat
10-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Best College QB-Colt McCoy

Best Pro Prospect-Sam Bradford

jnew76
10-19-2008, 08:05 PM
For the NFL

1. Sam Bradford
2. Josh Freeman
3. Colt McCoy
4. Chase Patton
5. Zac Robinson

Daniel and Reesing have no chance to play in the NFL IMO.

illmatic74
10-19-2008, 08:08 PM
For the NFL

1. Sam Bradford
2. Josh Freeman
3. Colt McCoy
4. Chase Patton
5. Zac Robinson

Daniel and Reesing have no chance to play in the NFL IMO. I think Daniel can be that Dorsey, Berlin type backup. Meaningit will take a miracle for them to get in.

jnew76
10-19-2008, 08:13 PM
I think Daniel can be that Dorsey, Berlin type backup. Meaningit will take a miracle for them to get in.

I am a huge Missouri fan (and I love Chase Daniel), but if I was running an NFL franchise, Daniel would not be in my plans. He might be able to run the practice squad for a couple years. Could play in the CFL for sure, but I don't think he has a future in the NFL.

illmatic74
10-19-2008, 08:14 PM
I am a huge Missouri fan (and I love Chase Daniel), but if I was running an NFL franchise, Daniel would not be in my plans. He might be able to run the practice squad for a couple years. Could play in the CFL for sure, but I don't think he has a future in the NFL. He has to be better than Dorsey and Berlin.

Staubach12
10-19-2008, 09:31 PM
for the nfl?

No, we love to talk about how good they would be in the CFL in the 2009 NFL Draft Forum.