PDA

View Full Version : Rivers done for year with Broken Jaw

rickscott
10-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Hines Ward gave him a blindside hit (helmet to helmet) breaking his jaw. He's done for the year. No penalty was thrown, but I'm willing to bet he gets a heavy fine and a small suspension. Others can disagree, but he's been fined twice already and with Antwan Bolden's hit bringing a suspension, I expect this one too also.

themaninblack
10-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Really unfortunate for Keith. An early ending to an impressive debut season.

Bruce Banner
10-19-2008, 10:00 PM
**** Hines Ward. **** Him.

10-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Yes, I respect him but Hines is borderline dirty.

themaninblack
10-19-2008, 10:01 PM
**** Hines Ward. **** Him.

We know. I really liked what Ndukwe said about him after the game and the fact that he stood up for his teammate like that.

steelersfan43
10-19-2008, 10:04 PM
It was a clean hit, he got his head around the front side and it wasnt helmet to helmet, and kieth was About to tackle the ball carrier. Cry all you want but it was legal and a damn good block.

StripedWalrus
10-19-2008, 10:38 PM
IDK man...it looks like Helmet to Helmet...its hard to tell...it was a big hit though...It looks like the top of Hines helmet hits the bottom part of Rivers helmet...

here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXxc9OxIJyc&eurl=http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/10/19/bengals-keith-rivers-out-for-season-after-brutal-hit-from-steel/

Smooth Criminal
10-19-2008, 10:39 PM
There was no helmet to helmet. It was a clean hit where Hines lead with his shoulder. If Rivers didn't get hurt no one would be mentioning this play.

Or if Rivers put that hit on Ward people would be celebrating it. Offensive players are allowed to hit too.

hobbes2053
10-19-2008, 10:41 PM
I cannot stand Hines Ward. One more reason for me to hate Pittsburgh. ****.

Smooth Criminal
10-19-2008, 10:42 PM
IDK man...it looks like Helmet to Helmet...its hard to tell...it was a big hit though...It looks like the top of Hines helmet hits the bottom part of Rivers helmet...

here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXxc9OxIJyc&eurl=http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/10/19/bengals-keith-rivers-out-for-season-after-brutal-hit-from-steel/

When you have to get that close to call it your getting way to ticky tacky on calls. There are going to be hits where one players helmet might contact another players. Helmet to helmet was made to prevent players from leading with their helmet into another players helmet.

This isnt even in the top 10 worst hits I've seen all season. Nothing illegal about this one at all.

themaninblack
10-19-2008, 11:33 PM
I didn't think it was a bad hit either. I just hate Hines Ward with an undying passion. Though I respect the way he plays the game for the most part.

BengalMedic
10-20-2008, 11:15 AM
What bothers me more is the fact that this is the type of hit that after being dealt out should be retaliated for. I don't care if the hit was legal or not, when your player gets blown up, go out there and blow the guy up yourself. Yet another reason this team gets the "soft" tag. THEY DESERVE IT.

Stop with all the "Man that guy is great and I respect him so much" BULLSH*T and f*cking hit him in the mouth when your team mate gets smacked in the mouth. For Christs sake F*CKING HIT SOMEONE !!!

Oh yeah, hate to see it happen to you Rivers, but try f*cking paying attention next time...

hobbes2053
10-20-2008, 12:06 PM
No team ever DESERVES to get blown up, but we do tend to be soft at times. We are getting more aggressive [on defense at least] and in the near future, I can see you with a nasty team.

No need to hate on Rivers for doing his job. He was coming up to make the tackle and got blindsided. That has nothing to do with him paying attention because, in reality, he was - to the play.

Shere Khan
10-26-2008, 02:27 PM
What bothers me more is the fact that this is the type of hit that after being dealt out should be retaliated for. I don't care if the hit was legal or not, when your player gets blown up, go out there and blow the guy up yourself. Yet another reason this team gets the "soft" tag. THEY DESERVE IT.

Stop with all the "Man that guy is great and I respect him so much" BULLSH*T and f*cking hit him in the mouth when your team mate gets smacked in the mouth. For Christs sake F*CKING HIT SOMEONE !!!

Oh yeah, hate to see it happen to you Rivers, but try f*cking paying attention next time...

lol, yeah, he takes his eyes off the ball carrier and then what happens?

He was in a lose lose situation right there.