PDA

View Full Version : K Rivers likely out for the year.

TitleTown088
10-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Bengals coach Marvin Lewis revealed that LB Keith Rivers has a broken jaw and is likely out for the season.
Rivers suffered the injury on a brutal (but perfectly legal) blindside block by Hines Ward, who obviously has not been deterred from physical play by his recent fines. The rookie Rivers had been one of the few bright spots in a leaky Bengals defense. Expect Brandon Johnson to take over at the WILL linebacker spot going forward.
Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

Per rotoworld.com

Sucks for an already struggling cinci team.

JETS5128
10-19-2008, 08:38 PM
opens up the DROY race

Vernon Gholston FTW!!!

Xiomera
10-19-2008, 08:38 PM
This makes the battle for the #1 pick much closer.

Too bad the Lions and Bengals don't play each other . . .

PoopSandwich
10-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Why? The Lions would win and erase your chance for #1.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Things can't get much worse for Cincy.

Bruce Banner
Aqib Talib for ROTY.

The Unseen
Lions and Bengals playing in the Un-Super Bowl.

All's right with the world.

Xiomera
10-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Why? The Lions would win and erase your chance for #1.

I wouldn't mind picking #2 if the Bengals are at #1. Anything to lower the price of Matt Stafford's contract if fine by me. The Bengals don't need a QB.

brat316
10-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Yes Ward don't let fines slow you down. Keep being the best blocking WR. Wr are suppose to block, so people should be expecting it.

But anyways sucks more for the bungles. Maybe they can trade COC for a 1 and 3. and try and compete with the Lions, next season.

FloridaSkinzFan
10-19-2008, 08:53 PM
opens up the DROY race

Vernon Gholston FTW!!!

ummmm Chris Horton FTW.

Bruce Banner
10-19-2008, 08:55 PM
ummmm Chris Horton FTW.

Ummmmm. Aqib Talib?

/erection

JETS5128
10-19-2008, 08:57 PM
ummmm Chris Horton FTW.

Twas a little joke

DeathbyStat
10-19-2008, 09:00 PM
If I had the dough i'd gladly pay all of hine's fines.

bernbabybern820
10-19-2008, 09:09 PM
For people who didn't see the play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23hFKCzD5n0

BlindSite
10-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Good block, Rivers helmet on a bit too tight.

Geo
10-19-2008, 09:21 PM
That really sucks.

Rivers was my DROY pick too.

Staubach12
10-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Sucks for Rivers, he's a good player.

10-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Aqib Talib for ROTY.

That's my pick. I like my chances but I just hate to see another Trojan go down. :(

Menardo75
10-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Thats too bad he was having a great start.

themaninblack
10-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Didn't seem like too bad a hit from that angle.

Saints-Tigers
10-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Lol at that video calling that play dirty. I assume most football fans played football competitively at least at some point in their life right? Did they wear skirts on the field?

d34ng3l021
10-19-2008, 10:23 PM
There goes my DROTY pick too. Oh well. Opens things for Falcons sweeping the rookie awards.

brat316
10-19-2008, 10:23 PM
I like the title of it, Hines Ward is a dirty player. AHahha because he does his job of blocking like ur suppose to instead of like a *****.

TitleTown088
10-19-2008, 10:27 PM
There goes my DROTY pick too. Oh well. Opens things for Falcons sweeping the rookie awards.

Why? Chris Johnson has OROY wrapped up. ;)

d34ng3l021
10-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Why? Chris Johnson has OROY wrapped up. ;)

lol. Damn bye weeks...

illmatic74
10-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Hines Ward is a beast.

Babylon
10-19-2008, 10:51 PM
That's my pick. I like my chances but I just hate to see another Trojan go down. :(

You know he got hit harder than that at SC practices, it didnt look that bad to me but far be it that the Bengals would retaliate. They are a pretty pathetic bunch there from the coaching staff on down.

Vox Populi
10-19-2008, 10:55 PM
It was a pretty ridiculous hit. Made Rivers bleed out the mouth. I just don't like the Steelers or Bengals though, otherwise it would have pumped me up. That was just such a boring game. I think the Bengals jerseys make games boring... or maybe its Ryan Fitzpatrick...

LonghornsLegend
10-19-2008, 11:10 PM
I think Jerod Mayo can take home the DROY award, he's been lights out, he might of beat out Rivers as is.

TitleTown088
10-19-2008, 11:19 PM
lol. Damn bye weeks...

What's " lol" about that? He's been beast mode on an undefeated team. Is it "lol" because he dosen't wear a red jersey with a bird on it?

MarioPalmer
10-19-2008, 11:29 PM
The one good that will come out of this is that we will get to see where the rest of our LB corps stands. As far as I'm concerned, the rest of the year is try-outs for next season. Lewis has alreayd said that Carson is all but shelved for the season, and with Rivers now most likely out that leaves our two best players on both sides of the ball done for the year.

Now, I'f I the Bengals front office, I start the bidding on Chad and who ever offers a top 15 pick then I would sell that minute.

Babylon
10-19-2008, 11:33 PM
The one good that will come out of this is that we will get to see where the rest of our LB corps stands. As far as I'm concerned, the rest of the year is try-outs for next season. Lewis has alreayd said that Carson is all but shelved for the season, and with Rivers now most likely out that leaves our two best players on both sides of the ball done for the year.

Now, I'f I the Bengals front office, I start the bidding on Chad and who ever offers a top 15 pick then I would sell that minute.

I guess if Detroit could get a #1 for Williams then maybe the Bengals could get one for Chad but not sure he isnt damaged goods right now. No?

d34ng3l021
10-19-2008, 11:34 PM
What's " lol" about that? He's been beast mode on an undefeated team. Is it "lol" because he dosen't wear a red jersey with a bird on it?

The lol is the fact that he doesnt play the hardest position in the NFL (in fact, he plays the easiest position to transition into from college to NFL) and is not leading the team that was said by multiple sources to be the worst in the league to a 4-2 record. Nor is he replacing the previous face of the franchise who went to jail.

MarioPalmer
10-19-2008, 11:36 PM
I guess if Detroit could get a #1 for Williams then maybe the Bengals could get one for Chad but not sure he isnt damaged goods right now. No?

I see a team like Seattle, Redskins, and maybe even the Eagles dropping a 1rst for him. He's practically a HoF receiver with at least 6 good years left. So a 1rst for him is more than reasonable, and he is not really damaged goods because of the Randy Moss trade to the Pats. That there will make the Bengals negotiations with any team that much tougher. So a 1rst is a must. Still can't believe they passed on a 1rst for him from the Skins. Complete non sense.

Babylon
10-19-2008, 11:42 PM
I see a team like Seattle, Redskins, and maybe even the Eagles dropping a 1rst for him. He's practically a HoF receiver with at least 6 good years left. So a 1rst for him is more than reasonable, and he is not really damaged goods because of the Randy Moss trade to the Pats. That there will make the Bengals negotiations with any team that much tougher. So a 1rst is a must. Still can't believe they passed on a 1rst for him from the Skins. Complete non sense.

It won't be Seattle. They got burned on the Branch trade from New England and their season is over whether they want to admit it or not. Is Johnson's shoulder healthy?

thebow305
10-20-2008, 01:04 AM
ummmm Chris Horton FTW.

I agree. Guy is an absolute monster.

But don't even bother, Kendall Langford has this thing sealed up! ;)

JonasBlane
10-20-2008, 02:11 AM
Some Bengal players are complaining about it being a dirty hit as well. Surprise surprise!

Here's a tip for LB's playing on Hines Ward's side of the field. Keep your damn head up before whining about Hines playing dirty!

soybean
10-20-2008, 02:19 AM
ummmm Chris Horton FTW.

you're obviously pretty terrible at detecting sarcasm.

Mr. Stiller
10-20-2008, 03:10 AM
Even though this is a clean hit.. I'm expecting Ward to get a 12.5-15k fine for this.

Shiver
10-20-2008, 04:29 AM

Tiebreak goes to the QB. Just like how Maurice Jones-Drew was snubbed for Vince Young.

UK_Cheesehead
10-20-2008, 07:33 AM
I think it was a good hit by Hines, nothing wrong about it at all IMO.

Sucks for the Bengals though, things seem to be going from bad to worse for them, but I agree with MarioPalmer, I'd start the bidding on Ocho straight away and see what you can get for him.

TitleTown088
10-20-2008, 07:57 AM
The lol is the fact that he doesnt play the hardest position in the NFL (in fact, he plays the easiest position to transition into from college to NFL) and is not leading the team that was said by multiple sources to be the worst in the league to a 4-2 record. Nor is he replacing the previous face of the franchise who went to jail.
Adrian Peterson played " the easiest position" to translate to... How's he fare? I don't mean Chris Johnson has it wrapped up, but he's got a shot at it. But yeah like said before QB probably wins it even if he's outplayed. With that said it's week 7, your play boy doesn't have it just yet.

d34ng3l021
10-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Adrian Peterson played " the easiest position" to translate to... How's he fare? I don't mean Chris Johnson has it wrapped up, but he's got a shot at it. But yeah like said before QB probably wins it even if he's outplayed. With that said it's week 7, your play boy doesn't have it just yet.

I never said he had it. I just said that it opens things for Falcons to sweep the rookie award with Ryan possibly winning OROTY and Lofton possibly winning DROTY. But you are right, Ryan doesnt have it yet.

TitleTown088
10-20-2008, 01:14 PM
I never said he had it..

Well you "lol" at Chris Johnson, who is a legit contender for it. Thus, insinuating Ryan has it...

ThePudge
10-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Sad to see Rivers out. He was the most fun part of watching the Bengals. I find myself rooting for Pat Sims to be on the field all the time now. He's had a nice couple weeks and should help us shore up the run.

I wouldn't call it a dirty hit, it was perfectly legal. It was unnecessary considering the play... but not dirty. I hate Hines Ward though, and I'm pretty glad Dexter Jackson gave him a little piece of his mind after Ward's Td in the 4th. Excited for the Thursday night game against the Steelers, we could go 1-15 and I'd be happy with the season if we beat the Steelers in prime time in Pittsburgh. Ryan Fitzpatrick won't do it though...

d34ng3l021
10-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Well you "lol" at Chris Johnson, who is a legit contender for it. Thus, insinuating Ryan has it...

That wasnt what I meant by the lol. It was just a "lol-damn-bye-weeks-allow-other-players-to-catch-up-to-Ryan" lol. I didnt say he had it wrapped up, but after the Bears win he was my, along with many others, favorite for OROTY.

Smooth Criminal
10-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Sad to see Rivers out. He was the most fun part of watching the Bengals. I find myself rooting for Pat Sims to be on the field all the time now. He's had a nice couple weeks and should help us shore up the run.

I wouldn't call it a dirty hit, it was perfectly legal. It was unnecessary considering the play... but not dirty. I hate Hines Ward though, and I'm pretty glad Dexter Jackson gave him a little piece of his mind after Ward's Td in the 4th. Excited for the Thursday night game against the Steelers, we could go 1-15 and I'd be happy with the season if we beat the Steelers in prime time in Pittsburgh. Ryan Fitzpatrick won't do it though...

Thats the best part about Hines. He got us an extra 15 yards for taking that hit.

And he got up smiling.

bored of education
10-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Hines is ******* awesome. HWjr that is :)

MetSox17
10-20-2008, 05:59 PM
I hate Hines Ward. I hope one day someone gets to blindside him like he does to a lot of players. It's easy when everyone is chasing the ball and no one's paying attention to you, right a-hole?

steelersfan43
10-20-2008, 06:29 PM

How was it unnecessary? Rivers was about to make the tackle.

thenewfeature06
10-20-2008, 06:33 PM
it wasnt unesssary at all... hines is a head hunter and i like how he said he is going to b fined all year if they fine him after that

steelersfan43
10-20-2008, 06:40 PM
I hate Hines Ward. I hope one day someone gets to blindside him like he does to a lot of players. It's easy when everyone is chasing the ball and no one's paying attention to you, right a-hole?
Its called a block, and hes trying to win a football game. What do you want him to do tap the guy on his shoulder so he knows hines is there and then block him? This is football, Man up.

MetSox17
10-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Its called a block, and hes trying to win a football game. What do you want him to do tap the guy on his shoulder so he knows hines is there and then block him? This is football, Man up.

I never said it was undeserving or that he shouldn't have done it. Maybe you should actually sit and read what is posted before you hit the reply button, it seems to be a common occurrence with you.

He gets credit for being such a tough guy and a good blocker, but it's a lot easier to make those nasty blocks when guys are running and looking the other way. With the right leverage and angle, i can do that to most of the guys as well. There's no chance in hell that those guys go flying like that if they square up and deliver some hit in return.

steelersfan43
10-20-2008, 06:49 PM
I never said it was undeserving or that he shouldn't have done it. Maybe you should actually sit and read what is posted before you hit the reply button, it seems to be a common occurrence with you.

He gets credit for being such a tough guy and a good blocker, but it's a lot easier to make those nasty blocks when guys are running and looking the other way. With the right leverage and angle, i can do that to most of the guys as well. There's no chance in hell that those guys go flying like that if they square up and deliver some hit in return.

You called him an "a-hole" for it, which means you think he shouldn't have done it... Maybe you should be consistant in your arguments.

Did you see the block he had on ed reed? They were facing each other in open field and he just ran up and cracked reed. he was looking right at him.

MetSox17
10-20-2008, 06:56 PM
You called him an "a-hole" for it, which means you think he shouldn't have done it... Maybe you should be consistant in your arguments.

Did you see the block he had on ed reed? They were facing each other in open field and he just ran up and cracked reed. he was looking right at him.

Yeah, i called him an a-hole, i didn't say i felt that way towards him because the block now, did i? Reading comprehension is not that hard a concept to grasp. How exactly am i inconsistant, with my arguments?

And i've seen the Ed Reed block. He shifted his weight and started running after he saw that Ward was gonna engage the other guy, then just slipped past the guy he was behind and decked Reed. You'll go flying like that every time if you're not ready for the hit.

CC.SD
10-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Helloooooooooooooo who are these little girls complaining about hard hits? Hines Ward plays football like it's meant to be played, he is 100% beast.

MetSox17
10-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Helloooooooooooooo who are these little girls complaining about hard hits? Hines Ward plays football like it's meant to be played, he is 100% beast.

No one is complaining about hard hits. I love hard hits. Hines Ward isn't "100% beast" just because he has big blocks. That's like saying a boxer is straight beast when he knocks the other guy out when he isn't looking.

steelersfan43
10-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah, i called him an a-hole, i didn't say i felt that way towards him because the block now, did i? Reading comprehension is not that hard a concept to grasp. How exactly am i inconsistant, with my arguments?

And i've seen the Ed Reed block. He shifted his weight and started running after he saw that Ward was gonna engage the other guy, then just slipped past the guy he was behind and decked Reed. You'll go flying like that every time if you're not ready for the hit.

"It's easy when everyone is chasing the ball and no one's paying attention to you, right a-hole?"

Anyone reading that sentence is going to take from it that you think he is an a hole because he hits people that are not looking. If thats not what you wanted to convey then you should have written it differently. Reading comprehension is not a concept, its a skill...

MetSox17
10-20-2008, 07:12 PM
"It's easy when everyone is chasing the ball and no one's paying attention to you, right a-hole?"

Anyone reading that sentence is going to take from it that you think he is an a hole because he hits people that are not looking. If thats not what you wanted to convey then you should have written it differently. Reading comprehension is not a concept, its a skill...

A skill that you lack very much of, apparently.

TitleTown088
10-20-2008, 07:19 PM

I concur. He does play the game correctly. However, I still dislike him immensely. I'm more of a Hunts man.

Mr. Stiller
10-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I see a lot of Cheers when a WR isn't looking and gets decked by a waiting safety.

but... When a defender gets knocked, the offensive blocker is an A-hole?

MetSox17
10-20-2008, 07:24 PM
I see a lot of Cheers when a WR isn't looking and gets decked by a waiting safety.

but... When a defender gets knocked, the offensive blocker is an A-hole?

No, when a WR gets decked by a safety, he gets fined. I never said he was an a-hole because of the block, i just think he's an a-hole, period. I'm entitled to that at least, right? :rolleyes:

Mr. Stiller
10-20-2008, 08:51 PM
No, when a WR gets decked by a safety, he gets fined. I never said he was an a-hole because of the block, i just think he's an a-hole, period. I'm entitled to that at least, right? :rolleyes:

Yeah, You're entitled to that. I'd be pissed if some 6'0 200lb WR kept kicking my ass, and when I finally hit him, he gets up unphased with a smile.. god that has to piss people off.

skarocksoi
10-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Yeah, You're entitled to that. I'd be pissed if some 6'0 200lb WR kept kicking my ass, and when I finally hit him, he gets up unphased with a smile.. god that has to piss people off.

Funny story, I had a teacher in High School who actually almost hit Hines Ward with his car as Hines was crossing the street. I'm not sure how close he actually came to hitting him, but I guess Hines had to kinda jump out of the way. And when he got up, he gave my teacher a "WTF?" look and my teacher pointed to the hot girl crossing the street in front of Ward that he was staring at instead of paying attention to the road. Hines gave him an "I understand" nod and then smiled like he does after getting hit.

Not sure how true the story really is, but the guy wasn't really a big BS'er and either way, its still kinda funny.

Bruce Banner
10-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Funny story, I had a teacher in High School who actually almost hit Hines Ward with his car as Hines was crossing the street. I'm not sure how close he actually came to hitting him, but I guess Hines had to kinda jump out of the way. And when he got up, he gave my teacher a "WTF?" look and my teacher pointed to the hot girl crossing the street in front of Ward that he was staring at instead of paying attention to the road. Hines gave him an "I understand" nod and then smiled like he does after getting hit.

Not sure how true the story really is, but the guy wasn't really a big BS'er and either way, its still kinda funny.

That story is amazing!

Hines is still a dirty prick.

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 09:18 AM

That doesn't piss me off at all actually, the fact that people like you think he's such a bad ass for blindsiding guys every game is what really gets to me. How does that make him a tough guy? Seriously. If people bragged about how he gets up smiling after taking a big hit, or making a catch in traffic or what not, i'd be completely fine with that.

But he's not cool, or 100% beast, or a bad ass because he lays guys out when they're not looking. Stop bragging about it.

Smooth Criminal
10-21-2008, 01:43 PM
I concur. He does play the game correctly. However, I still dislike him immensely. I'm more of a Hunts man.

hunts is some nasty ****. Gotta go with heinz

Mr. Stiller
10-21-2008, 01:43 PM
That doesn't piss me off at all actually, the fact that people like you think he's such a bad ass for blindsiding guys every game is what really gets to me. How does that make him a tough guy? Seriously. If people bragged about how he gets up smiling after taking a big hit, or making a catch in traffic or what not, i'd be completely fine with that.

But he's not cool, or 100% beast, or a bad ass because he lays guys out when they're not looking. Stop bragging about it.

I wasn't bragging about it.

2) There's plenty of guys that Ward doesn't blindside.

3) People cheer when a S/CB Blindside a helpless WR, but when a WR gives it back, on a legal block then it's a travesty.

Maybe we consider him a tough guy because he "actually" blocks... I can't think of one person who truly wouldn't love to have someone like him as a blocker on their team in some capacity.

From AskVic (Jaguars Reporter):

Pure gold from Mr. Ketchman on this one...

Kevin from Orange Park, FL
Whatís your reaction to Hines Ward breaking rookie LB Keith Riversí jaw? I, for one, think Hines Ward is a dirty player. Seems to me most games he purposely stirs up trouble and takes cheap hits.

Vic: Iíve watched the hit up close and in slow motion several times. Iíve even stopped the action at the point of impact. The block is clearly made with his right shoulder and there are no signs of using the helmet as a weapon. Wardís feet are on the ground and he is in no way guilty of launching. At first I thought the block might be unnecessary but, on further review, it clearly springs the ball-carrier around the corner and denies Rivers the ability to make the tackle. Dirty? Whatís dirty about it? There was no flag thrown. Fine him? They should pin a medal on him. In my time covering this game, I have seen head-hunting defensive backs try to cripple defenseless receivers. I saw Jack Tatum and George Atkinson target Lynn Swann; head-shot him repeatedly and even attack him from behind and karate chop him in the back of the neck. I saw Tatum cripple Daryl Stingley for life in a preseason game. I saw Thom Darden hit a receiver over the middle so hard I thought the guy was dead. I remember seeing Jaguars cornerback Dave Thomas crush Jerry Rice in a preseason game and celebrate as though it was the play that won the Super Bowl. In the preseason? How about the launch job on Anquan Boldin a few weeks ago? Well, finally, a wide receiver has come along who has decided to hit back. Ward is striking a blow for all the defenseless receivers over the years whoíve been targeted by defensive players with an intent to punish. All of a sudden, the hunters have become the hunted. I think everyone in the league is waiting to see what the league does about the Rivers hit. Itís going to define what the game has become and where itís going.

Yeah, He blindsides some Defenders. He also hits them straight up (Bart Scott, Ed Reed).

Bengalsrocket
10-21-2008, 02:07 PM
As a bengals fan I'm -ok- with what Hines did. I think the smirk afterward (I know he always does it) was a little unnecessary considering he is messing with someone's lively hood.

But even now, I'm not upset at Hines Ward or think it was "unfair" I just think that he could have showed more sportsmanship.

brat316
10-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Is it a dirty play this encludes all WRs, when the WRs has to crack the Lb on a run play, like a counter. Because the LB isn't looking to be blocked, he falls for the first step of the rb, and then when he goes to change direction bam WR block. Dirty Play? or good block?

holt_bruce81
10-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Hines Ward is the man. Shame on you people calling him a "dirty" player.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-21-2008, 06:15 PM

Is it Ward's fault that these guys are running around carelessly? No. It's the job of the PLAYER to defend HIMSELF. If he has his head down, he's gonna get rocked. I dunno about where you're from, but where I'm from, they teach athletes this from the very beginning. Keep your head up or you won't get up.

Bruce Banner
10-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Is it Ward's fault that these guys are running around carelessly? No. It's the job of the PLAYER to defend HIMSELF. If he has his head down, he's gonna get rocked. I dunno about where you're from, but where I'm from, they teach athletes this from the very beginning. Keep your head up or you won't get up.

Football doesn't exist in Canada.

The CFL is a fake organization made by Canada to recruit semi talented hacks to be made into Canadian secret service agents.

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 06:18 PM

It's easy to misinterpret my posts mid discussion, so i'll clear things up for you. I never said that it was wrong to be blocking guys like that. Not once did i say that, or that he was dirty, or that he's a cheap shot artist. I said that i don't like him, or the pub he gets for being a "tough" guy because he blindside blocks guys. That doesn't make him a tough guy. All these guys d-ride him so much saying he's a bad ass because he gets big blocks, but it's a lot easier to do so when guys are chasing the ball instead of worrying about the midget WR running around blindsiding guys.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Football doesn't exist in Canada.

The CFL is a fake organization made by Canada to recruit semi talented hacks to be made into Canadian secret service agents.

Well I meant hockey(countless nights watching Don Cherry yell "KEEP YOUR HEAD UP EH"), but the premise remains the same. And I saw defensive coaches get the same message to defensive players on my high school team.

BlindSite
10-21-2008, 06:38 PM
It's easy to misinterpret my posts mid discussion, so i'll clear things up for you. I never said that it was wrong to be blocking guys like that. Not once did i say that, or that he was dirty, or that he's a cheap shot artist. I said that i don't like him, or the pub he gets for being a "tough" guy because he blindside blocks guys. That doesn't make him a tough guy. All these guys d-ride him so much saying he's a bad ass because he gets big blocks, but it's a lot easier to do so when guys are chasing the ball instead of worrying about the midget WR running around blindsiding guys.

Its a fair point. He gets props for being such a tough guy when he takes easy angles. Its like saying someone should be Def MVP for intercepting Orlovsky.

That said, if I was an offensive player I'd take every chance I got to light guys up.

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Its a fair point. He gets props for being such a tough guy when he takes easy angles. Its like saying someone should be Def MVP for intercepting Orlovsky.

That said, if I was an offensive player I'd take every chance I got to light guys up.

You just responded to my post becausae i said 'blindside' a lot and it reminded you of your name.

steelersfan43
10-21-2008, 08:48 PM

If it is that easy then why arent there more recivers doing it? Why not help your team and make a good hit? Because other recievers are not as tough as him or dont want to sacrifice themselves to make a block. Maybe the defenders should show some awareness and, uh I dont know maybe pay attention to blockers.

BlindSite
10-21-2008, 08:50 PM
You just responded to my post becausae i said 'blindside' a lot and it reminded you of your name.

The Carolina Panthers agree.