PDA

View Full Version : Sean Weatherspoon

AkiliSmith
10-20-2008, 05:54 PM
He is putting up some pretty insane numbers this season: 72 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, 3 passes defended, 3 interceptions.

Do you think he has the ability to slide inside and play middle linebacker in the NFL?

He's listed as 6'1 235, about the same size as Jon Beason. I don't know how stout he is against the run or how good he is at shedding blocks.

What round would you project him in?

holt_bruce81
10-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Eh, I think he's best suited for WLB. probably a mid 1st-early 2nd round pick.

rockio42
10-20-2008, 06:43 PM
No doubt he is a much better WLB guy than at MLB, no doubt

D-Unit
10-20-2008, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't limit him to just a WLB. Players transition all the time from WLBs in the 4-3 to WILBs in the 3-4. Weatherspoon has the capability to do it if you ask me.

TACKLE
10-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Weatherspoon is the best defensive player right now imo. This does not necessarily translate into being a top pick but I'll be surprised if he doesn't end up in the Top 25. He may not be the biggest LB but he is extremely athletic and a instinctive playermaker.

SuperKevin
10-20-2008, 09:26 PM
He's the one guy I want to declare so Buffalo can grab him in the end of round 1. A LB corps of Weatherspoon, Paul Poz, and Kawika Mitchell would be awesome.

D-Unit
10-20-2008, 09:38 PM
He's the one guy I want to declare so Buffalo can grab him in the end of round 1. A LB corps of Weatherspoon, Paul Poz, and Kawika Mitchell would be awesome.
I thought he was a Senior...

SuperKevin
10-20-2008, 09:42 PM
I thought he was a Senior...

Nope. Weatherspoon is a junior.

CashmoneyDrew
10-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Sorry SuperKevin, but I really don't think he'd fall to where the Bills will be drafting. But hey, who am I to rain on your parade?

SuperKevin
10-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Sorry SuperKevin, but I really don't think he'd fall to where the Bills will be drafting. But hey, who am I to rain on your parade?

Well I think I'd be happy with any combination of him, Aaron Curry, and James Laurinaitis(who I think is an OLB in the NFL).

ToldLikeItIs
10-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Iowa's MLB Pat Angerer's stats:

62 tackles
4 INT
5 Pass Break-ups
2 Sacks
4 TFL

6'1 240 JR.

holt_bruce81
10-21-2008, 01:55 AM
Iowa's MLB Pat Angerer's stats:

62 tackles
4 INT
5 Pass Break-ups
2 Sacks
4 TFL

6'1 240 JR.

But this isn't a Pat Angerer thread.....nice try though.

jbeans187
10-21-2008, 02:12 AM
Spoon runs in the high 4.5's and can rep 225 over 30 times, so his combine numbers are solid and shouldnt help or hurt him too much whenever he decides to come out

STARHEATHER
10-21-2008, 07:53 PM
he got manhandled, run over and destroyed vs tex and ok st.. i used to like him but hes just not physical enough. too easily taken out of plays. too many gaping holes and huge up the gut runs. maybe olb, late rds, but hes always going to be a liability in the run game. i would not be happy if weatherspoon was playing lb for my team. i cant see how anyone could like him considering his recent performances. i see this guy getting erased and run over at the nfl level

CLong4Heisman
10-21-2008, 07:57 PM
he got manhandled, run over and destroyed vs tex and ok st.. i used to like him but hes just not physical enough. too easily taken out of plays. too many gaping holes and huge up the gut runs. maybe olb, late rds, but hes always going to be a liability in the run game. i would not be happy if weatherspoon was playing lb for my team. i cant see how anyone could like him considering his recent performances. i see this guy getting erased and run over at the nfl level

Who hasnt gotten ran over and destroyed by Texas and OK State? Your boy William Moore has too.

STARHEATHER
10-21-2008, 09:55 PM
i agree moore has not played up to specs. but its not an excuse. if ok st and tx are blowing you up, whats going to happen at the nfl level when its ladanian tomlinson not chris ogbanaya running the ball and its tom brady playing qb not colt mccoy or alan faneca is blocking him not henry ulatoski. ill never like a player who doesnt do his prescribed duties at the college level. becuase if they cant do it at the collge level, they surely wont at the nfl level

CashmoneyDrew
10-21-2008, 10:06 PM
i agree moore has not played up to specs. but its not an excuse. if ok st and tx are blowing you up, whats going to happen at the nfl level when its ladanian tomlinson not chris ogbanaya running the ball and its tom brady playing qb not colt mccoy or alan faneca is blocking him not henry ulatoski. ill never like a player who doesnt do his prescribed duties at the college level. becuase if they cant do it at the collge level, they surely wont at the nfl level

IDK. I was at a Titans game when they lost to Craig Krenzel once. Yeah, that wasn't a good day.

STARHEATHER
10-21-2008, 10:11 PM
you saw it once in how many games. i just saw two games in a row weatherspoon not just play ok or not that good. he got owned. i dont like dudes who get owned at the college level. you dont see sergio kindle getting owned out there. he does the owning.

eaglesalltheway
10-22-2008, 07:19 AM

You have to understand there aree different types of players at each position. Weatherspoon is a finesse guy at LB and would succeed well in the WILL in a 4-3 where he can roam around and make plays in space. He is very good in coverage. Yes stopping the run is a weakness for him, but if he is in a defense that has a solid front 4 and a solid LB corp, he will be allowed to roam around and make plays, weather it be in the passing game or in the running. Sure, more times than not he will lose the battle to an OG blocking him, but he isn't asked to be that type of player. Stoppng the run first isn't his duty. From what I've seen of Mizzou the last two years, they ask their D-line to stop the run and rush the passer to less of an extent. The OLB (can't remember his name) and some of the secondary guys do some blitzing as well, and Weatherspoon is out there roaming around, defneding the pass first and the run if it is near him.

eaglesalltheway
10-22-2008, 07:21 AM
you saw it once in how many games. i just saw two games in a row weatherspoon not just play ok or not that good. he got owned. i dont like dudes who get owned at the college level. you dont see sergio kindle getting owned out there. he does the owning.

You are not the one to tell someone how valid an argument is based off of limited games. Sure it happened once, but you do the same thing, and it isn't like VDM was too serious about it. You base your opinion solely off one or two games.

CashmoneyDrew
10-22-2008, 12:37 PM
You are not the one to tell someone how valid an argument is based off of limited games. Sure it happened once, but you do the same thing, and it isn't like VDM was too serious about it. You base your opinion solely off one or two games.

Glad someone caught my sarcasm.

STARHEATHER
10-22-2008, 01:54 PM
two games in a row. theres no such thing as a finesse linebacker at the nfl level. if you can shed blocks and you cant tackle you cant play. thats why maaluga, laurinitis, weatherspoon cant play. they get eliminated. you just cant allow teams to gouge you in the run game in the nfl. your lbs have to make plays. in order to win in the nfl you must be able to stop the run. regardless of scheme to stop the run your lbs have to tackle. these guys they miss tackles, they get eliminated by blockers. weatherspoon late rds maybe for me. i know hes going to get run over at the nfl level. i would never pick a lb who misses tackles and gets eliminated from plays with a high pick. i saw the mock draft. james laurinitis 2nd best player. i sure hope it goes that way because youre going to see a lot of players better than the ones at the top of the draft available to steal later. sergio kindle, aaron curry, eric norwood, and some other guys out there are far better players than weatherspoon.

eaglesalltheway
10-22-2008, 03:18 PM
You do understnad that he doesn't always miss tackles. Let me guess, you saw two or three missed tackles in a game and badabing badaboom he can't play because he misses tackles. I've got news for you every player misses tackles. Patrick Willis, Laron Landry, they miss tackles. Every defender misses tackles. It hasn't become a consistent problem for Weatherspoon, so it shouldn't be a big deal in the NFL.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
10-22-2008, 03:49 PM
two games in a row. theres no such thing as a finesse linebacker at the nfl level. if you can shed blocks and you cant tackle you cant play. thats why maaluga, laurinitis, weatherspoon cant play. they get eliminated. you just cant allow teams to gouge you in the run game in the nfl. your lbs have to make plays. in order to win in the nfl you must be able to stop the run. regardless of scheme to stop the run your lbs have to tackle. these guys they miss tackles, they get eliminated by blockers. weatherspoon late rds maybe for me. i know hes going to get run over at the nfl level. i would never pick a lb who misses tackles and gets eliminated from plays with a high pick. i saw the mock draft. james laurinitis 2nd best player. i sure hope it goes that way because youre going to see a lot of players better than the ones at the top of the draft available to steal later. sergio kindle, aaron curry, eric norwood, and some other guys out there are far better players than weatherspoon.
U ever heard of Cato June??

STARHEATHER
10-22-2008, 03:49 PM
i am yet to see sergio kindle miss one tackle. the top nfl level guys dont miss tackles. missing tackles is one of thje main ingredients in defeat at the nfl level. if you miss tackles at the nfl level, you pay big. backs atre good enough they beat tht first guy its big yards. you cant have lbs getting erased and missing tackles on a consistent basis. you will lose. a lot

DreadedDatSkinsFan
10-22-2008, 03:54 PM
i am yet to see sergio kindle miss one tackle. the top nfl level guys dont miss tackles. missing tackles is one of thje main ingredients in defeat at the nfl level. if you miss tackles at the nfl level, you pay big. backs atre good enough they beat tht first guy its big yards. you cant have lbs getting erased and missing tackles on a consistent basis. you will lose. a lot
hahahaha.....Dahani Jones has been in the league 8 years and he constanly whiffs at backs....Oh and he is another finesse 'backer

STARHEATHER
10-22-2008, 03:55 PM
dhani jones is terrible. so thanks for validating my point.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
10-22-2008, 03:59 PM
I didnt validate anything....I know he is a bum...My point is u said "nfl level guys dont miss tackles"....Im saying why post that if bum ass Jones is a prime exapmle of bums that miss tackles lasting in the league....A finesse bum at that....

D-Unit
10-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Since you haven't seen it, then it must not have ever happened.

Do you have a comedy act someplace?

STARHEATHER
10-22-2008, 04:01 PM
you said dhani jones misses tackles well so do laurinitis and maaluga so since hes terrible and you agreed hes terrible i believe they will be similar to dhani jones and thats not very good. i dont think theyre even as good as dhani jones and thats bad

D-Unit
10-22-2008, 04:02 PM
dhani jones is terrible. so thanks for validating my point.
You have no point. Every LB to ever play the game has missed tackles.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
10-22-2008, 04:08 PM
you said dhani jones misses tackles well so do laurinitis and maaluga so since hes terrible and you agreed hes terrible i believe they will be similar to dhani jones and thats not very good. i dont think theyre even as good as dhani jones and thats bad

Be honest...have u actually sat down and watched Rey Rey or Baby Animal play...Granted they are both having down years...But they are both by far the best players on their team...respectively....And thats saying a lot considering who the play for....Both Laurinaitis and Rey Rey have flaws...but what player doesnt??? they play LB how its supposed to be played...I dont know what u are watching man....If you are really watching anything....

STARHEATHER
10-22-2008, 08:17 PM
yes. like 6 times each at least. they both can shed blocks, get run straight at, and miss tackles. you obviously have never watched them play. see lsu, usc, ohio, illinois, wisconsin for laurinitis. just ran it right up the gut right at him. maaluga, see oregon, virginia, ohio st, oregon st.. he got eliminated and ran over. right at him. you can continue to believe but these two are terrible. an nfl defense with maaluga or laurinitis is going to be soft and bad against the run. they are soft read and react, they dont hit, they can beat blockers, and they miss tackles. thats what really happens in the games. all you see is the unblocked run at the qb and the pass thrown roight to them on the spotscenter highlights. keep up the hype by all means these will be waste picks and better talent will be available later. there a reason why the same teams pick at the top of the draft yearly. laurinitis and maaluga, like glenn dorsey and chris long before them, are the reason. hyped undertalent midgrade athletes with high picks. i hope it happens

AkiliSmith
10-23-2008, 04:25 AM
yes. like 6 times each at least. they both can shed blocks, get run straight at, and miss tackles. you obviously have never watched them play. see lsu, usc, ohio, illinois, wisconsin for laurinitis. just ran it right up the gut right at him. maaluga, see oregon, virginia, ohio st, oregon st.. he got eliminated and ran over. right at him. you can continue to believe but these two are terrible. an nfl defense with maaluga or laurinitis is going to be soft and bad against the run. they are soft read and react, they dont hit, they can beat blockers, and they miss tackles. thats what really happens in the games. all you see is the unblocked run at the qb and the pass thrown roight to them on the spotscenter highlights. keep up the hype by all means these will be waste picks and better talent will be available later. there a reason why the same teams pick at the top of the draft yearly. laurinitis and maaluga, like glenn dorsey and chris long before them, are the reason. hyped undertalent midgrade athletes with high picks. i hope it happens
Wow. Why do NFL teams even hire scouts? They should just employ the mythbusta because he can see busts from a mile away. Here is what your big board would look like:

1. Sergio Kindle

ToldLikeItIs
10-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Busta,

Check out Pat Angerer sometime, and tell me what you think. He's Iowa's MLB, but he's white. I know that's usually an issue with you.

eaglesalltheway
10-23-2008, 06:28 AM

Except Weatherspoon makes tackles a whole lot more often than when he misses them. Once again you are either missing or ignoring the point.

eaglesalltheway
10-23-2008, 06:33 AM
yes. like 6 times each at least. they both can shed blocks, get run straight at, and miss tackles. Question, before talking about laurinitis you said that the guy can never shed blocks. You've said it with Rey as well. Now you say they do, but miss tackles. Which is it? Huh, you keep changing your "facts"depending on the argument.
you obviously have never watched them play. see lsu, usc, ohio, illinois, wisconsin for laurinitis. just ran it right up the gut right at him. maaluga, see oregon, virginia, ohio st, oregon st.. he got eliminated and ran over. right at him. you can continue to believe but these two are terrible. an nfl defense with maaluga or laurinitis is going to be soft and bad against the run. they are soft read and react, they dont hit, they can beat blockers, and they miss tackles. thats what really happens in the games. all you see is the unblocked run at the qb and the pass thrown roight to them on the spotscenter highlights. keep up the hype by all means these will be waste picks and better talent will be available later. there a reason why the same teams pick at the top of the draft yearly. laurinitis and maaluga, like glenn dorsey and chris long before them, are the reason. hyped undertalent midgrade athletes with high picks. i hope it happens

You are not the one to accuse people of not watching someone play, when you are just as bad if not worse.

Its Maualuga.

By the way, there are few and far between sums of people here who rely on sportscenter for their opinions on prospects. That being said, as crappy as ESPN is, I would believe that before I believe anything you say. You have zero credibility, that is why your rep is low, not because you have different opinions.

STARHEATHER
10-23-2008, 08:43 PM
the facts remained the whole time. and they are also true with weatherspoon.
they cant shed blocks, they miss tackles, they are midgrade or worse physcially, they dont hit, they have no pass rush skills and they get eliminated in the run game ie teams run right over them. heres a stat. in 08 rey maaluga has 1 yes 1 tackle for a loss and 0 sacks.

eaglesalltheway
10-24-2008, 07:08 AM
the facts remained the whole time. and they are also true with weatherspoon.
they cant shed blocks, they miss tackles, they are midgrade or worse physcially, they dont hit, they have no pass rush skills and they get eliminated in the run game ie teams run right over them. heres a stat. in 08 rey maaluga has 1 yes 1 tackle for a loss and 0 sacks.

But you didn't answer any of my questions. You ne ver do, because it will sho your hypocrisy. The plain and simple truth is you lie and maipulate using stats as your backup and your opinion. Stats only tell a piece of the story, especially in college football, and your opinion is just that, an opinion, stop trying to pass it off as fact and answer my question.

Sniper
10-24-2008, 07:53 AM
Wow. Why do NFL teams even hire scouts? They should just employ the mythbusta because he can see busts from a mile away. Here is what your big board would look like:

1. Sergio Kindle

2. Terrance Cody
3. Josh Freeman

DreadedDatSkinsFan
10-24-2008, 03:28 PM

1. Sergio Kindle

HAHAHAHAAHAA

eaglesalltheway
10-24-2008, 03:32 PM
So busta will just be called heather now...? (going off of eliminating the first syllabel)

DreadedDatSkinsFan
10-24-2008, 03:34 PM
So busta will just be called heather now...? (going off of eliminating the first syllabel)

hahahahahahaha

STARHEATHER
10-25-2008, 06:48 PM
ive already answered your question. this is why these guys are duds.
1. they are midgrade athletes
2. they have no pass rush skills
3. they miss tackles
4. they cant shed blocks
for me a lb that has all these faults cant play at a high level in the nfl. im not getting into contests about unrelated players or some fact from a previous post. this is why i see that they are not going to have a high level of nfl success. you can agree or disagree thats fine. but if you think im being drawn into these pissing contests about technicalities or answering derogatory posts in aint happening. im on here to post my information love it hate it whatever name you want to call me today. people get their jollies out of disparaging peopel and revealing peoples identities like it was not obvious anyway are just a waste of my time. so iboldin, if youre out there congrats i hope you got your rocks off. some people are here to discuss information. obviously youre here for another reason. so anyone have information or want to discuss prospects ill be more than happy to oblige. thats all ive been doing since ive been here and thats what i plan on continuing to do.