PDA

View Full Version : "Code Blue" on MNF

TitanHope
10-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Fans challenged to wear Titans light blue to celebrate Monday Night Football game.
(http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=6200)

NASHVILLE, TN, Oct. 20, 2008 — The Tennessee Titans are encouraging their fans in the region to wear Titans light blue this Monday to work, school and the game to celebrate this week’s Monday Night Football game. The promotion is named “Titans Code Blue” and is believed to be the first ever “call to action” of its kind for fans on the NFL level. LP Building Products and CMT have joined together to provide light blue T-shirts to all of those attending the game to commemorate the return of Monday Night Football to Tennessee.
“We want to show the country what our fans are all about and their passion for the Titans,” said Titans Executive Vice President Don MacLachlan. “This is the first time this has been done on the NFL level and a great way to showcase Tennessee Titans fans in front of a national television audience on Monday Night Football. We hope this becomes a region-wide event with businesses and schools encouraging people to wear light blue to work and school on Monday to support the Titans.”

This week’s game against the Indianapolis Colts marks the first home Monday Night Football game for the Titans since 2004.

It doesn't sound as cool as "Black out," but it's still gonna be AWESOME!!!

Geo
10-20-2008, 06:42 PM
That's cool, just the other day I was thinking the Colts should do a "white out" at home. Looking forward to the crowd, who should be very psyched for this game.

Hopefully the Titans start 0-1 with the Code Blue though. :p

TitanHope
10-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Lol, it's on like Donkey Kong, Geo! We gonna beat you so bad, you gonna wish that...uh...that we didn't go and beat you so bad!!!

But seriously, it's gonna look like a giant bowl full of smurfs. :D

aNYtitan
10-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Cool, sounds lke a great idea. I'll rock the Titans blue all the way from NYC

CashmoneyDrew
10-20-2008, 09:46 PM
I wish I could go to this game sooooo bad. It's gonna be loud. And Blue.

smittyjs
10-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Nice im hoping to have a ticket to the game by this weekend.

CashmoneyDrew
10-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Code Blue was officially successful. Go ahead and pencil it in again for next season.

diabsoule
10-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Sounded like an awesome idea. I'm glad it was successful.

The Saints could do a "Gold Out" or a "Black Out". Chances are we'd lose the game though.

The Unseen
10-29-2008, 04:36 PM
and is believed to be the first ever “call to action” of its kind for fans on the NFL level.

Actually, the Jaguars have had a few Teal Nights - the Steelers MNF game two years ago, the Colts MNF game last year, and this year's Steelers SNF game.

TitanHope
10-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Yeah, some Titans fans pointed that out on TitansCentral by pointing out that the Texans have a "Red Day," or something like that.

The Vols really need to get in on this trend while it's hot. Neyland is one of the most packed stadiums in college, and is second to only the Big House.