PDA

View Full Version : Same Old Minny

Fck JC, He got off e.z
10-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Hype. Hype. Hype.

"Super Bowl contender". That phrase was used MANY times in the preseason when discussing the Minnesota Vikings.

Guilty parties, step forward.

You should have listened. They can't pass the ball. They can't stop the pass. You don't win in today's NFL with that combination.

Paper champions...

tjsunstein
10-20-2008, 06:28 PM
hahahahaha

MetSox17
10-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Hype. Hype. Hype.

"Super Bowl contender". That phrase was used MANY times in the preseason when discussing the Minnesota Vikings.

Guilty parties, step forward.

You should have listened. They can't pass the ball. They can't stop the pass. You don't win in today's NFL with that combination.

Paper champions...

I don't think a lot of people were saying that they would be Superbowl contenders. Playoffs, yes, but i wouldn't have gone that far. The Vikings aren't half bad. They wasted two games of the season with Jackson. They're not a bad team at all, even though they played pretty ugly against Chicago.

They shut down the Colts and the Panthers, and had a shot at beating the Packers with Jackson. They shouldn't have lost to Indy, but that's how those breaks go.

They still have the team to make a little run here and compete for a wild card spot. They need a quarterback bad though.

bored of education
10-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Party Boat Champs need JDB as the Skipper!

steelersfan43
10-20-2008, 06:37 PM
I don't think a lot of people were saying that they would be Superbowl contenders. Playoffs, yes, but i wouldn't have gone that far. The Vikings aren't half bad. They wasted two games of the season with Jackson. They're not a bad team at all, even though they played pretty ugly against Chicago.

They shut down the Colts and the Panthers, and had a shot at beating the Packers with Jackson. They shouldn't have lost to Indy, but that's how those breaks go.

They still have the team to make a little run here and compete for a wild card spot. They need a quarterback bad though.
They lost to the colts...

MetSox17
10-20-2008, 06:41 PM

They shouldn't have lost to Indy

Thanks for pointing out what was already stated.

bantx
10-20-2008, 06:41 PM

maybe u should keep reading

AlexDown
10-20-2008, 06:42 PM

You stopped reading after that didn't you?

MetSox17
10-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Interesting.

Word is the Vikings offered the Browns their 2009 and 2010 first-round draft picks for quarterback Brady Quinn, but Cleveland, after consideration, said no thanks.
http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#3

Wow.

TitleTown088
10-20-2008, 07:15 PM
I don't think a lot of people were saying that they would be Superbowl contenders. Playoffs, yes, but i wouldn't have gone that far. The Vikings aren't half bad. They wasted two games of the season with Jackson. They're not a bad team at all, even though they played pretty ugly against Chicago. Oh There were PLENTY of posters on here who picked Minny from the NFC after Allen went there, plenty. Not to mention scrubs from ESPN ( ex.Greeny) and SI who picked them.

But they didn't. Good teams find ways to win those games. If the Vikings were impressive like many believed they would have won those games.

Interesting.

Wow. Old news. Proven false already I believe.

Vikings offering their first-round picks in 2009 and 2010 for Brady Quinn. Checking with some Browns operatives, the Vikings never made that type of offer -- or had any serious talks with the Browns. In fact, the Browns have no interest in any trade talks about Quinn. Kansas City did inquire about him, too. The Browns are playing Anderson now, but they are pleased with Quinn and believe he could be a starter. They also want depth at the QB position, and for good reason. Consider that New England's Tom Brady, Dallas' Tony Romo, Cincinnati's Carson Palmer, Seattle's Matt Hasselbeck, Detroit's Jon Kitna and Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers already have missed games -- and we are not at the halfway point of the season.

MetSox17
10-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Oh There were PLENTY of posters on here who picked Minny from the NFC after Allen went there, plenty. Not to mention scrubs from ESPN ( ex.Greeny) and SI who picked them.

Okay, lets not generalize the whole board

But they didn't. Good teams find ways to win those games. If the Vikings were impressive like many believed they would have won those games.

That's about the crappiest logic i've ever heard

Old news. Proven false already I believe.
Okay.

Responses in bold.

TitleTown088
10-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Responses in bold.
Plenty is far from a generalization.

Good teams find ways to win games stupid logic? Gee, would I completely illogical to say bad teams find ways to lose games?

Sounds perfectly logical to me.

nfrillman
10-20-2008, 07:26 PM
I will gladly say that I did not drink that ridiculously stupid kool aid. I had three "against the grain" predictions that I was very confident in prior to the year. Minnesota is not going to be good, Favre will not make that much difference for the Jets (they aren't going to playoffs), and the Bills would have a better record than the Jets.

MetSox17
10-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Plenty is far from a generalization.

Good teams find ways to win games stupid logic? Gee, would I completely illogical to say bad teams find ways to lose games?

Sounds perfectly logical to me.

No, your logic of "Minnesota couldn't find a way to win a game that a good team would win, therefore they're not a good team".

They dominated a game where Tarvaris Jackson was playing pretty horrible.

Bruce Banner
10-20-2008, 07:31 PM
That piece of **** hack-adastical prick Peter King had them winning it all.

TitleTown088
10-20-2008, 07:32 PM
No, your logic of "Minnesota couldn't find a way to win a game that a good team would win, therefore they're not a good team".

They dominated a game where Tarvaris Jackson was playing pretty horrible.

Did they have Tom Brady waiting to come off the bench? They don't have a an adequate QB on the roster. Until they do(amongst other things), they're not a good team.

MetSox17
10-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Cool, already mentioned that before.
They need a quarterback bad though.

FuzzyGopher
10-20-2008, 08:55 PM
I seriously doubt that you will find a Viking fan that thought we are a Super Bowl caliber team. Most will say playoff caliber but not Super Bowl. Just because media guys like Dr. Z and Greenberg (whose combined IQ is less than room temperature) said we would go does not mean the whole world thought we were Super Bowl contenders. We made some key acquisitions in the off-season that fans thought would make us a legit team, but by no means were the Vikings anointed Super Bowl champs before the season by anyone other than those two idiots.

Canadian_draft_fan
10-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Personally, I never bought the hype. QB issues and their WR/TE core is just average. I thought their defense would be great but that appears to be disproved.

Once again the Vikings do what they do best - deliver bitter disappointment to their fans.

yo123
10-21-2008, 12:08 AM
I seriously doubt that you will find a Viking fan that thought we are a Super Bowl caliber team. Most will say playoff caliber but not Super Bowl. Just because media guys like Dr. Z and Greenberg (whose combined IQ is less than room temperature) said we would go does not mean the whole world thought we were Super Bowl contenders. We made some key acquisitions in the off-season that fans thought would make us a legit team, but by no means were the Vikings anointed Super Bowl champs before the season by anyone other than those two idiots.

Thank you. No need to lump rational fans in with the dumbass homers.

We've had a tough schedule so far, and with how horrible we've played we should be ecstatic to be 3-4. There is no reason to think that we are even out of the division race, no one team is going to run away with it and we are still only 1 game behind.

BTW, whats up Moses?

BlindSite
10-21-2008, 12:24 AM

They won by 3 points and that was because a blocked field goal was cancelled by a time out, a freaky fumble was run back for a TD and an 80 yard return was disallowed by a bad ref's call. Three things you don't normally see happen had to bounce minnesota's way for them to squeak out by three points.

LonghornsLegend
10-21-2008, 12:26 AM
Thank you. No need to lump rational fans in with the dumbass homers.

That happens quite a bit around here.

tjsunstein
10-21-2008, 12:30 AM
Did you really think that the people who did pick the Vikings would come forward?

Dr. Gonzo
10-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Did you really think that the people who did pick the Vikings would come forward?

Find a post where a rational Vikings fan came out and said they would be in the superbowl. They don't exist because nobody did. I mean I said that the playoffs are well within reach if Childress improves as a coach and our QB play improved. Neither happened and we have struggles mightily. Stop being such a fudgepacker homer and accept that just because the media were predicting the Vikings in the superbowl it does not mean all Vikings fans were.

tjsunstein
10-21-2008, 12:39 AM
Find a post where a rational Vikings fan came out and said they would be in the superbowl. They don't exist because nobody did. I mean I said that the playoffs are well within reach if Childress improves as a coach and our QB play improved. Neither happened and we have struggles mightily. Stop being such a fudgepacker homer and accept that just because the media were predicting the Vikings in the superbowl it does not mean all Vikings fans were.

1. You are so defensive it's not even funny.
2. Where did I say Viking fans? I said people.
3. Saying nobody did is unrealistic.
4. Fudgepacker homer? I dont know if youre bitter about that loss week 1 or whats the deal there? Stay classy.
5. Again I didn't say Vikings fans. I said people. How many people do you know have no problem admitting they were wrong?

tjsunstein
10-21-2008, 12:40 AM
And I'm not a homer at all I cant tell you our weaknesses and have no problem with it. Im not picking the Packers to go to the Super Bowl although I want them to.

DMWSackMachine
10-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Gotta love the old school Viking/Packer hatred. Nummy.

I think the Vikings are the sort of team that could make some under-the-radar type moves and suddenly become a dominant team overnight. They need one difference maker in the secondary and a solid, reliable veteran QB who can make a few plays while not killing the team with mistakes. If they had that, I think we wouldn't even recognize them.

It does seem like Childress is a douchebag who will never get it together, though, and that is not a good sign. That DL is phenomenal though. I <3 Kevin Williams.

giantsfan
10-21-2008, 03:43 AM
I hate Brad Childress. That team has the pieces but they just aren't prepared well enough or competent enough to adjust from a coaching perspective. I still have faith in Tarvaris Jackson because he really hasn't gotten help from his coaching staff. That said hope they consider a coaching change and bringing in a veteran QB, McNabb???, to make a more serious push next season.

giantsfan
10-21-2008, 04:08 AM
The Vikings still have the pieces in place to make a run that could see them winning the SB, like the giants did last year, but as this season wears on I'm more and more convinced at how bad of coach Brad Childress is. With him leading the team onto the field they're doomed.

AkiliSmith
10-21-2008, 06:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbEtv74Ze-Q

Kige Ramsey > All

Gay Ork Wang
10-21-2008, 07:24 AM
well, they wish they had someone as awesome as Kyle Orton

DeathbyStat
10-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Interesting.

Wow.

I would have taken that in a heart beat

TitleTown088
10-21-2008, 09:13 AM

Who said anyone was referring to Viking fans in particular? The Vikings were a very hot pick on here to go deep into the playoffs( even SB) by many fans of other teams as well was some Viking fans( not necessarily any I remember on here in particular). Go back and look at some of the prediction threads, you'll find it. I sure remember it.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Who said anyone was referring to Viking fans in particular? The Vikings were a very hot pick on here to go deep into the playoffs( even SB) by many fans of other teams as well was some Viking fans( not necessarily any I remember on here in particular). Go back and look at some of the prediction threads, you'll find it. I sure remember it.

I remember it as well! I think we had a pre season ranking thread, and Minny was top 3. And their fans were going down the list comparing them to various teams position by position and then using that as a gauge to say they belonged in the conversation for being one of the best.

Dr. Gonzo
10-21-2008, 10:14 AM
I remember it as well! I think we had a pre season ranking thread, and Minny was top 3. And their fans were going down the list comparing them to various teams position by position and then using that as a gauge to say they belonged in the conversation for being one of the best.

They were number 10 I think in the preseason rankings thread, maybe 9. Sure some people picked them to go to the superbowl and I am sure people went position bu position and used their awesomness at many positions to call them a great team but nobody had them in the top 3.

TitleTown088
10-21-2008, 10:15 AM
They were number 10 I think in the preseason rankings thread, maybe 9. Sure some people picked them to go to the superbowl and I am sure people went position bu position and used their awesomness at many positions to call them a great team but nobody had them in the top 3.

Awesomeness at many positions? What RB and DT? :o

tjsunstein
10-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Dont forget QB. Only the most important position on the field. Minnesota is tops there. :)

FuzzyGopher
10-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Awesomeness at many positions? What RB and DT? :o

And C, LG, DE, MLB but your a Packer fan so we probably suck at all those positions.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-21-2008, 10:54 AM

Maybe you're right, but I could have swore I saw someone rank them 3rd. Now not an official one from a media source, but usually the trend goes someone posts an article and then 129381939 members decide they want to create their top 10. That's where I am guessing I saw it. Not from a media source but from a fan on here.

djp
10-21-2008, 11:50 AM
This thread is basically just Packer fans calling the Vikings horrible, lmao.

I can't think of one Viking fan who picked them to make the Super Bowl.

My prediction was 9-7. Check our team forum. Everyone who posted in our "Predict our season" thread said 10-6, 9-7, or 8-8. The one person who picked us to go to the SB wasn't a Viking fan.

You guys act like we were blinded by the acquisitions of Allen, Berrian, and Williams and out of nowhere thought we were gonna walk through the NFC.

We know Childress sucked, we know we have no pass D. I didn't think Tarvaris would be benched after 2 games, but The Bald Eagle had to try to save his job since he'll be fired anyways.

eating perogies baked
10-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Number 10
Vikings in NFC Championship
NFC Championship

Vikings @ Saints Saints
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25105

Jbond93
Vikings in Super Bowl
Conference

Indianapolis vs. New England: Winner: New England

Minnesota vs. Dallas: Winner: Minnesota
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24786

Shiver
Vikings could be 2000 Ravens
Minnesota could be 00' Baltimore reborn.

In 2000 the Ravens rode a great defense, a steady running game to a championship. I think this year's Vikings could do the same thing, especially in a very weak division. They have on paper the best D-Line in a long time, with Jared Allen adding a dominant pass rush presence and he is a very good run defender as well. They will dominate opposing offenses up front, freeing up an underrated LB corp. and covering up holes in their secondary. On offense I actually like this unit in comparison with the '00 Ravens. I think Tarvaris Jackson is not terrible, which is all he really has to do, and he will do better with Rice and Berrian. Any improvement in the passing game will allow Peterson and Taylor to steamroll opponents. And finally I think they can rack up easy wins against the Bears, Lions, and maybe even the Packers, and lock up home field advantage while the NFC East teams beat eachother up.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24700

The Dynasty
Vikings have talent to make the Super Bowl
We have the talent to make the Superbowl but like everyone has said the question is the QB Spot. I think Tarvaris will do better than last year in his progression and he will become an establish QB. I said this in the Minnesota Vikings Discussion. He has no reason not to succeed. They got him a Deep Threat and Sidney Rice is a Tall Receiver to compliment Berrian. Adrian and Chester in the backfield pounding the run one first and second. The defense should be better than last year. We finally have a guy who can rush the QB and will give Kevin and Pat 1 on 1 battles. It's just good to see the Vikings players knowing what they need to do because of what the Organization has done last year and this year.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23108

Byrd430
Vikings making Super Bowl is a realistic goal
The NFC is wide open and Minnesota is among the top teams in the NFC. Getting to the Super Bowl is a realistic goal, ESPECIALLY if Jackson steps up. They've brought him some help and this is year 2 under Childress. A smart veteran like Gus Frerotte is in the backup "clipboard QB" spot, so Jackson doesn't have any excuses now.

the Kid
IMO the vikings have a very realistic shot at making the super bowl depending on how well T-Jack plays. If he just needs to play well enough so that teams see our passing game as somewhat of a threat. That way opponents will stop stacking 8 men in the box allowing AD and Chester to run free.

If that happens i think it is a two horse race between us and Dallas

BengalsPwn
Vikings have a legitimate shot at Super Bowl
The Vikes are the best at stopping the run and are probably the best running team so with that said I believe they have a legit shot at the super bowl in the NFC. There division is quite weak with GB losing Farve, Chicago has no O, and Detroit is well, the lions. No reason they couldn't get a bye in the playoffs even with Jackson playing mediocre. If Rex can nab the bears the #1 seed in the NFC then Tavaris certainly can with a exponentially better run game.

Rolling Moss
Vikings will do damage in playoffs
Contrarianism is fun people, but if you don't think the Vikings have a legitimate chance at doing damage in the playoffs, you're taking it too far.

Addict
Vikings have good shot at Super Bowl
Defense wins championships and the vikes do have a pretty good shot. Sure there's other teams in the NFC who could make it far but I don't think that 'an extreme longshot' really describes the Vikes' chances. The Lions are an extreme longshot, the Vikes? They probably have a good shot.

The Great Escape
Vikings have a good chance to win Super Bowl
I honestly think that the vikings can really get hot once in the playoffs, their defense can dominate when on and their offense can make plays and and run the ball. Therey've got a good chance and it wouldn't surprise me to see them beat the giants, cowboys or anyone else in the playoffs.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Good stuff. See I knew I was crazy remembering some of the hype the Vikings got on here.

djp
10-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Number 10

Jbond93
Vikings in Super Bowl

Shiver

The Dynasty

Byrd430

the Kid

BengalsPwn

Rolling Moss

Addict

The Great Escape

Like I said, one Viking fan in that group and even he said he depended on the QB play...

I'm glad that you're able to use the search button effectively, bro. Now, why don't you go back and find all the other ridiculous posts talking about how the Cowboys would go 16-0, the Raiders and Rams making the playoffs, etc?

The Vikings are very, very talented and play in a relatively weak division. I don't blame the uneducated for picking them to go far. However, they failed to realize the ineptitude of Childress and the absolutely horrendous pass defense. Some thought the addition of Jared Allen would try to cover those blemishes (Cedric Griffin is the worst starting CB in football), but that hasn't happened. Childress has the lowest approval rating in the NFL for a reason. He's simply awful. Imagine going into a gunfight with a water pistol...

Like last year, we appear to be very top-heavy in terms of talent. This isn't to say I think our season is over. We're already through the toughest part of our schedule and like last year it's possible we go 6-3 to reach 9 wins.

TitleTown088
10-21-2008, 01:04 PM
And C, LG, DE, MLB but your a Packer fan so we probably suck at all those positions.

The vikings are Far from " awesome" at Mike, DE( one of them is supposidly " awesome" but even started out slow).

LG is true, i forgot that.
Like I said, one Viking fan in that group and even he said he depended on the QB play...

No, Exaclty NOT like what you said...

I can't think of one Viking fan who picked them to make the Super Bowl.
For the record, if you read the " Packer" posts in here ( me) I never mentioned the damn viking fans' predictions, they did. Was not even mentioned until Viking fans brought it up. I only implied the Vikings were a sexy pick this off season, which is completely true.

Dr. Gonzo
10-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Number 10

Jbond93
Vikings in Super Bowl

Shiver

The Dynasty

Byrd430

the Kid

BengalsPwn

Rolling Moss

Addict

The Great Escape

I mean defence wins championships and we have a good defence. Dwight Smith was horrendous last year and he was replaced by the much better player in Madieu Williams. Jared Allen was also supposed to help wit hthe pass rush. People also thought Tarvaris Jackson (who spends a huge amount of time in the film room and looks great sometimes in practices) would be better. JBond predicted we would be in the superbowl for that reason and everyone else said we had a shot which I don't think was completly delusional. We did not improve in the areas we should have and we have the worst coaching staff in the league, that is why we suck. The fact that Moses felt the need to create a thread about how all Vikings fans are idiots and really just making fun of how bad the team is shows me why the idiot was banned in the first place. Why don't you go make a Cowboys suck thread? how about a Patriots suck thread? You for sure have to make a Colts suck thread. A San Diego sucks thread would be a good idea as well. Those were the consensus top 4 teams before the season. While you are at it call all their fans idiots and everyone who said they would do well stupid. Get a life Moses and stop making stupid ******* threads.

Dr. Gonzo
10-21-2008, 01:14 PM
The vikings are Far from " awesome" at Mike, DE( one of them is supposidly " awesome" but even started out slow).

LG is true, i forgot that.

No, Exaclty NOT like what you said...

For the record, if you read the " Packer" posts in here ( me) I never mentioned the damn viking fans' predictions, they did. Was not even mentioned until Viking fans brought it up. I only implied the Vikings were a sexy pick this off season, which is completely true.

They are indeed awesome at Mike, when EJ is playing. EJ could very well be the best Mike in the division (although that is very debateable).

Twiddler
10-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Alright, I made a list of all the Packer fans in this thread who were saying that Viking fans thought there team would go to the Super Bowl. Here it is...

*cricket chirps*

That should be about it. Honestly, all the other Packer fans were saying was that some people picked the Vikings as a Super Bowl contender, which was true. They said nothing about Vikings fans so there is no reason to be upset. Deal?

TitleTown088
10-21-2008, 01:16 PM
They are indeed awesome at Mike, when EJ is playing. EJ could very well be the best Mike in the division (although that is very debateable).

At run defense, yeah, he's great. The same cannot be said for pass defense. He's a major part of their struggles in that department.

Also, EJ over Urlacher...?

Heck, I'd put EJ alongside Barnett, and Barnett, while good, is far from " awesome"

eating perogies baked
10-21-2008, 01:17 PM
I mean defence wins championships and we have a good defence. Dwight Smith was horrendous last year and he was replaced by the much better player in Madieu Williams. Jared Allen was also supposed to help wit hthe pass rush. People also thought Tarvaris Jackson (who spends a huge amount of time in the film room and looks great sometimes in practices) would be better. JBond predicted we would be in the superbowl for that reason and everyone else said we had a shot which I don't think was completly delusional. We did not improve in the areas we should have and we have the worst coaching staff in the league, that is why we suck. The fact that Moses felt the need to create a thread about how all Vikings fans are idiots and really just making fun of how bad the team is shows me why the idiot was banned in the first place. Why don't you go make a Cowboys suck thread? how about a Patriots suck thread? You for sure have to make a Colts suck thread. A San Diego sucks thread would be a good idea as well. Those were the consensus top 4 teams before the season. While you are at it call all their fans idiots and everyone who said they would do well stupid. Get a life Moses and stop making stupid ******* threads.

Boohoo.

There was reason to believe teams like New England, San Diego, Dallas, etc. would be good. They have the talent and showed their potential last season.

The Vikings were mediocre last season. They couldn't pass the ball and they couldn't stop the pass. They add one or two guys and all of a sudden you think that's going to change? Tavaris is still going to be Tavaris. Childress is still going to be Childress. And that pathetic receiving core is still not going to get open or catch the ball.

I expected the Vikings to get better and I think they are better. I think they have a shot at the playoffs. However, to say they are Super Bowl contenders or anything other than a team trying to claw their way into the playoffs is completely delusional. That was true before the season and it's true now.

Dr. Gonzo
10-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Alright, I made a list of all the Packer fans in this thread who were saying that Viking fans thought there team would go to the Super Bowl. Here it is...

*cricket chirps*

That should be about it. Honestly, all the other Packer fans were saying was that some people picked the Vikings as a Super Bowl contender, which was true. They said nothing about Vikings fans so there is no reason to be upset. Deal?

I am just a really angry person and I hate Moses.

At run defense, yeah, he's great. The same cannot be said for pass defense. He's a major part of their struggles in that department.

Also, EJ over Urlacher...?

Heck, I'd put EJ alongside Barnett, and Barnett, while good, is far from " awesome"

EJ has improved every year and while he is not Urlacher good he is getting there. As far as me saying the Vikings are awesome at many positions I went a little overboard. Really their only weaknesses though are RT, TE, QB, number two CB and because nobody has really stepped up RE. Also we don't have great WR's but I still don't think that is a weakness. The thing about the team is they are very big weaknesses. Combine that with terrible coaching and we have a problem. I mean I was incredible excited going into this season because I thought the good would outweigh the bad. I was wrong.

Twiddler
10-21-2008, 01:24 PM
I am just a really angry person and I hate Moses.

Fair enough.

PACKmanN
10-21-2008, 01:28 PM
until Sharper is replaced, you will always be weak at SS or FS, where ever you guys are playing him.

TitleTown088
10-21-2008, 01:31 PM
EJ has improved every year and while he is not Urlacher good he is getting there.

No, he's not. I like EJ, and think he's a solid MIKE overall, but he'll never ever be in Urlacher's league, not many are.

Dr. Gonzo
10-21-2008, 01:32 PM
until Sharper is replaced, you will always be weak at SS or FS, where ever you guys are playing him.

He is no doubt on the decline. I would not call it a big weakness yet but it is getting there. Next year I think he is gone and we will have Williams and Johnson starting. That would be an incredibly atheletic and fast couple of S's. Until then we are stuck with Sharper who because he is not making playes is doing not a whole lot for us. He does have the potential to be a huge playmaker though which is nice.

Dr. Gonzo
10-21-2008, 01:33 PM
No, he's not. I like EJ, and think he's a solid MIKE overall, but he'll never ever be in Urlacher's league, not many are.

Oh don't think that I am trying to say that EJ will have a career as good as Urlacher. I do think that as Urlacher declines with age (still hasn't happened yet) and EJ continues to improve they will be in the same league. I would call EJ a definite strength on this team.

eating perogies baked
10-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Oh don't think that I am trying to say that EJ will have a career as good as Urlacher. I do think that as Urlacher declines with age (still hasn't happened yet) and EJ continues to improve they will be in the same league. I would call EJ a definite strength on this team.

Great player against the run but he'll never be in Urlacher's league against the pass. Henderson is a classic thumper in the middle.

tjsunstein
10-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Cool this turned into a Packers>Vikings thread. To end this, here goes nothing.

Fact: Vikings were the 'sexy' pick this year.
Fact: Vikings fans didn't need to pick them for them to be a sexy pick.

Honestly. Vikings fans, stop. You have nothing to say. You can come back with your childish wordplay because I expect nothing more, but the Vikings were picked to advance in the playoffs no matter what you say. You're wrong. And lastly, PEOPLE picked the Vikings, not Vikings fans. Contrary to your belief not all people are Vikings fans.

Dr. Gonzo
10-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Cool this turned into a Packers>Vikings thread. To end this, here goes nothing.

Fact: Vikings were the 'sexy' pick this year.
Fact: Vikings fans didn't need to pick them for them to be a sexy pick.

Honestly. Vikings fans, stop. You have nothing to say. You can come back with your childish wordplay because I expect nothing more, but the Vikings were picked to advance in the playoffs no matter what you say. You're wrong. And lastly, PEOPLE picked the Vikings, not Vikings fans. Contrary to your belief not all people are Vikings fans.

Ok and my rebuttle to that is they were a sexy pick because if a lot of things went their way they would have had a shot at the superbowl. In fact if for some reason this team can overcome the coaching they still do. I don't think it will happen but this year for sure it is possible. The Vikings were a talented team last year and should have won more games. Because they improved this year people thought they would win thos games they should have won last year and more. **** Childress. That is all.

TitleTown088
10-21-2008, 01:45 PM
He is no doubt on the decline. I would not call it a big weakness yet but it is getting there. Next year I think he is gone and we will have Williams and Johnson starting. That would be an incredibly atheletic and fast couple of S's. Until then we are stuck with Sharper who because he is not making playes is doing not a whole lot for us. He does have the potential to be a huge playmaker though which is nice.
Sharper always has been a bit of a gambler of defense. This is really going to start hurting him in the near future because with getting older he's going to slow down and not be able to gamble for the big play like he likes to, he'll get toasted.

**** Childress. That is all. Yes sir, He's the problem. As long as he's around it will be more of the same story. SO, keep him around please.

Dr. Gonzo
10-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Sharper always has been a bit of a gambler of defense. This is really going to start hurting him in the near future because with getting older he's going to slow down and not be able to gamble for the big play like he likes to, he'll get toasted.

Yes sir, He's the problem. As long as he's around it will be more of the same story. SO, keep him around please.

I completly agree about Sharper that bastard. Also, I hope Childress dies in a fire. If we do not fire him this offseason I will cry and predict 0-16 seasons until he is gone. I have gotten to the point where I am either cheering for the win or in close games I cheer for the huge loss because we can't ******* finish games.

Jvig43
10-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Were ruling out the vikes already, one thing about the NFL is nothing is certain. Believe me im a patriots fan.