PDA

View Full Version : Which Week 8 game are you looking forward to the most?

Geo
10-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Some very interesting and exciting games in next week's slate, those listed above and then some.

Which game are you looking forward to the most and why?

LonghornsLegend
10-20-2008, 09:40 PM
LOL there is the Wilfork we all know and love.

princefielder28
10-20-2008, 09:43 PM
As much as I hate the Giants, themselves and the Steelers may be the top two teams in football

iowatreat54
10-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Chicago Bears vs. Bye

:(

Geo
10-20-2008, 09:44 PM
That Saints/Chargers game looks really interesting imo, beyond just the London factor, because both teams desperately need to win before heading into their byes. Whoever loses that game could have very tough sledding ahead in terms of making the playoffs.

I can't help but pick the Colts/Titans game, obviously bias factors in but also because it will be physical as all as usual. And Tennessee hasn't hosted MNF in a while, as far as I can remember, so it should be nuts to start the game. Plus this is a big game for the Colts.

Obviously every game is very interesting, hence listed.

iloxygenil
10-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Falcons @ Philly I'm stoked for that game, could mean good or bad news (prolly the later) for the Falcons, but I'm pumped for it.

CC.SD
10-20-2008, 09:50 PM
it's got to be the London game. Besides the legit drama behind both teams needing a win, it's the Brees/Rivers showdown.

Number 10
10-20-2008, 09:52 PM
I have had this matchup between the Giants-Steelers since the game they had in 2004. Big Ben and Eli put on a show that year at the Meadowlands and they only see each other once every 4 years, barring the Super Bowl of course. On top of that, one could make the argument that these two are the 2 of the top teams behind Tennessee right now. Both play physical, smashmouth football...both can rush the passer...both like the deep ball. Going to be very entertaining.

But other than that game, I am looking forward to the Titans and Colts. Are the Colts this bad? Are the Titans this good? Plus, I love watching albert Haynesworth more than any defensive player in the game right now.

Number 10
10-20-2008, 09:52 PM
And yes to back loxy up....the Philly-Atlanta will be the 1 PM game I primarily watch.

rainbeaukid2
10-20-2008, 10:00 PM
obviously the niner/seahawk game will be the best one

Caddy
10-20-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm hoping the Bucs will be able to go into Dallas and take advantage of a banged up Defense and questionable Tony Romo.

Geo
10-20-2008, 10:21 PM
it's got to be the London game. Besides the legit drama behind both teams needing a win, it's the Brees/Rivers showdown.
Man, that completely slipped my mind. zomg drama

Menardo75
10-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Definitly the Pittsburgh game gotta love seeing two physical teams coming after eachother.

iloxygenil
10-20-2008, 10:27 PM
And yes to back loxy up....the Philly-Atlanta will be the 1 PM game I primarily watch.

Its super easy to overlook this game this week though. However if the Falcons pull off a highly unlikely victory @ Philly...imagine the possibilites. The following week @ Oakland...long road trip, but a winnable game no doubt about it. Then back home, where they've defended the dome very well...I expect the Falcons to lose Sunday, but I'm hoping its a good game.

fenikz
10-20-2008, 11:01 PM
I just hope that the Cards can get over the 10 am start time, damn you east coasters get on normal time

WMD
10-20-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm looking forward to every Cowboys game this year, and rooting against them. Each game they lose is a better pick for the Lions!

tjsunstein
10-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Its a toss up for me between the Steelers - Giants for obvious reasons and the Bucs - Cowboys game since the Packers are on bye. Should be a good week.

Bruce Banner
10-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Probably the BUCS. If they beat the Cowboys that could be the nail in the coffin.

Sniper
10-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Its super easy to overlook this game this week though. However if the Falcons pull off a highly unlikely victory @ Philly...imagine the possibilites. The following week @ Oakland...long road trip, but a winnable game no doubt about it. Then back home, where they've defended the dome very well...I expect the Falcons to lose Sunday, but I'm hoping its a good game.

If Jim Johnson doesn't blitz the ever loving piss out of Matt Ryan, I will likely throw my remote at my television.

Andy Reid is 9-0 after the bye, FWIW.

Paul
10-20-2008, 11:28 PM
I picked NY vs. PIT, but the IND vs. TEN game was a very close second. I really believed Peyton and company were on the turn around after they demolished a good Ravens' D last week, and they still could be, even after the GB game. Plus the fact this would be the first time I will see this Titans team live and not just in the highlights. But I couldn't vote against two teams who are playing as well as they Steelers and Giants are right now.

CashmoneyDrew
10-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Titans vs. Colts game should be awesome. Two divisional rivals. One undefeated, one with their backs against the wall. First Monday night home game for the Titans in a long time. The "code blue" from the fans who will probably be loud as hell. Fun game.

Shane P. Hallam
10-21-2008, 12:22 AM
I'm going to the Giants/Steelers game, so I am REALLY pumped.

Bruce Banner
10-21-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm going to the Giants/Steelers game, so I am REALLY pumped.

Have fun. I expect the Steelers to thoroughly kick some G-Men ass. Eli should be on his back all day. Get him running scared and it will be pick city. Steelers by 17 if they can keep Roethlisberger protected.

BlindSite
10-21-2008, 12:27 AM
Panthers v Cards, best Pass defense in the NFC (second in the NFL) against Warner and the boys should be good watchin'

Sniper
10-21-2008, 12:30 AM
Have fun. I expect the Steelers to thoroughly kick some G-Men ass. Eli should be on his back all day. Get him running scared and it will be pick city. Steelers by 17 in they can keep Roethlisberger protected.

Pittsburgh's offensive line is atrocious. The Giants should definitely be able to get some pressure on Roethlisberger.

Bruce Banner
10-21-2008, 12:32 AM
Pittsburgh's offensive line is atrocious. The Giants should definitely be able to get some pressure on Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger could die. Hopefully they can do better than they have been.

brat316
10-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Eli could die as well with Harrison and Woodley being the masters of duo sacking. Combined they have 16 sacks, and then add to that the number of qb pressures they have and hits.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-21-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm going with the Colts and Titans game. Indianapolis has been shaky at best this season, but I still think that of all the teams struggling, they are easily the most dangerous. These AFC South games are always fun to watch and almost always close, and the matchups are intruiging.

Any news on whether Sanders will be active? I'd love to see him and Chris Johnson meet.

Diehard
10-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Broncos vs the Bye. If we can just limit the turnovers on offense, I think we have a chance...

DMWSackMachine
10-21-2008, 01:20 AM
What an amazing slate of games. Of course, I voted for the Cowboys (in the upset of the century!) vs. Bucs, but if that was eliminated, I would take the Giants/Steelers in a slight victory over the Colts/Titans. That Chargers/Saints game is also looking pretty awesome. I wish I could watch all four of those games in prime time, one after another.

Turtlepower
10-21-2008, 01:44 AM
Roethlisberger could die. Hopefully they can do better than they have been.

Over/Under the combined sacks in the game: 35?

d34ng3l021
10-21-2008, 01:59 AM
If Jim Johnson doesn't blitz the ever loving piss out of Matt Ryan, I will likely throw my remote at my television.

I am so excited for this game, you have no idea. If Ryan can do decently well against the Philly blitz, he can do anything in the world. We might come crashing down back to earth, but you bet your ass I am going to take any tiny thing done well and amplify it.

And theres always a first for everything. ;)

EvilMonkey
10-21-2008, 02:28 AM
gotta go Giants-Steelers, but Falcons-Eagles definately intrigues me too. Can Philly recover and I'm still not convinced in Atlanta (dont jump on me falcons fans, i'm like 80% convinced but still wanna see).

d34ng3l021
10-21-2008, 02:40 AM
gotta go Giants-Steelers, but Falcons-Eagles definately intrigues me too. Can Philly recover and I'm still not convinced in Atlanta (dont jump on me falcons fans, i'm like 80% convinced but still wanna see).

wtfz mang! completely uncalled for!

diabsoule
10-21-2008, 03:03 AM
Who wins the Chargers/Saints game?

Chargers travel to London after traveling East where the Bills beat them? Or is it the Saints who just lost Reggie Bush and Jonathan Goodwin for up to six weeks and got their asses handed to them by Carolina?

Tough call. I'll put my money on SD. New Orleans is dead in the water.

SaintsMan
10-21-2008, 03:07 AM
Saints are most likely going to lose.

giantsfan
10-21-2008, 03:22 AM
If our oline can keep Hampton from being as disruptive as Shaun Rogers was on MNF I like the giants to win. If we keep hampton in check our running game should be able to wear down the steelers and open things up for eli. Defensively spags has to hit the **** out of Big Ben and with that oline we have a good chance of breaking him in half. Should be a physical back and forth battle.

UK_Cheesehead
10-21-2008, 05:03 AM
I'm really looking forward to the Cards - Panthers game. It's a game where both teams are legit SB contenders, and this game could go a long way to defining just how good both teams actually are. If the Cardinals go into Carolina and pick up a W, I think they make a big rise up most people's top 3 teams to contend for the NFC.

Aside from that, I'll say the Chargers - Saints game, mainly because it's in London, but aswell as that both teams need a win so bad, and you never know, whoever wins (I think SD) it could be the catalyst for them to go on and do something for the rest of the season, just like when the Giants came to town and won last year.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-21-2008, 05:03 AM

Yeah. Even non-biased that's my 1pm game. Overall though, G-Men Steelers.

Matt Ryan eats blitzes like a ************. FWIW, Mike Smith is undefeated after the bye as well.

Sniper
10-21-2008, 05:43 AM
Matt Ryan eats blitzes like a ************. FWIW, Mike Smith is undefeated after the bye as well.

I'm sure Jim Johnson has got a few tricks up his sleeve for Matt Ryan ;)

Brent
10-21-2008, 06:08 AM
other: Seattle @ San Francisco

DraftMichaelHuff
10-21-2008, 07:36 AM
I'm sure Jim Johnson has got a few tricks up his sleeve for Matt Ryan ;)

Thats what Monte Kiffin did. Scared the crap out of everyone (myself and Matt Ryan included) haha, Ryan was 0/9 with 2 INTs in the first part of the game. He adjusted and played well later in the game but it was too late. Id love for a D to really come out and throw something new at us again to see if Ryan has improved at seeing something new on the defense and overcoming it quickly OR if the teams since Tampa have all just been doing variations of the same thing and he has gotten used to it.

He has been killing it against the blitz though. Only QB in the NFL to not be sacked of a blitz yet

Cant wait.

Philly's passing game will shred us though. Jackson will get a 5-10 yard cushion so could guys should just WR screen all day and hope for a missed tackle eventually

iloxygenil
10-21-2008, 07:42 AM

Matt Ryan remains the only QB in the NFL not sacked when blitzed...blitzing him may not be the best idea. However...JJ can really put some serious stuff together with the playmakers he has, we haven't seen a blitz package that good yet. So I do expect to see a lot of blitzes, but even more disguised blitzes where they fake, but then drop into coverage hoping to force him to think too quick and get the int.

That being said, now that the game is closer, and we're not on a bye week anymore...yeah I'm getting more and more pumped. The prospect of what a win could mean for Atlanta is insane!

iloxygenil
10-21-2008, 07:46 AM
other: Seattle @ San Francisco

Other than being a San Fran fan, what's interesting about this game? I'm pissed at the 9ers for firing Nolan, too soon imo, and the NFL is getting on my nerves with all these firings, stick it out with someone for once! But the Seahawks are a bad team, injuries have ended their season early. San Fran is a decent team, and should win this game at home. I do like the prospect of Singletary as a HC though, that's what a lot of Atlanta people were hoping for.

Sniper
10-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Thats what Monte Kiffin did. Scared the crap out of everyone (myself and Matt Ryan included) haha, Ryan was 0/9 with 2 INTs in the first part of the game. He adjusted and played well later in the game but it was too late. Id love for a D to really come out and throw something new at us again to see if Ryan has improved at seeing something new on the defense and overcoming it quickly OR if the teams since Tampa have all just been doing variations of the same thing and he has gotten used to it.

He has been killing it against the blitz though. Only QB in the NFL to not be sacked of a blitz yet

Yeah, I think Johnson will show Ryan a few things. Not that Matt Ryan hasn't played well, because he has, but giving Jim Johnson two weeks to prepare blitz packages for a rookie isn't really fair. I don't know if the Eagles will win, but I think they will get to Ryan a lot.

iloxygenil
10-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I think Johnson will show Ryan a few things. Not that Matt Ryan hasn't played well, because he has, but giving Jim Johnson two weeks to prepare blitz packages for a rookie isn't really fair. I don't know if the Eagles will win, but I think they will get to Ryan a lot.

I think the Eagles are going to win this game, they're at home and they're tough there anyway. Westbrook is going to be back, so your offense will be insane, and our defense isn't a unit that can put a stop to Donovan's passing attack. I love Abe, and I think he'll get a lot of pressure, but McNabb's skill set is so good I don't like playing the Eagles, especially not with Westbrook. I'm glad we have Boley on the field to stick with him, but man Westbrook is nasty.

DiG
10-21-2008, 09:02 AM
It's gotta be the Giants at Pitt.

FloridaSkinzFan
10-21-2008, 09:08 AM
Redskins Vs Lions!!!!!

Gay Ork Wang
10-21-2008, 09:11 AM
since the bears are on a bye id say Panthers - Cardinals, it will give me a better idea of how the teams are in the NFC

terribletowel39
10-21-2008, 09:13 AM
If our oline can keep Hampton from being as disruptive as Shaun Rogers was on MNF I like the giants to win. If we keep hampton in check our running game should be able to wear down the steelers and open things up for eli. Defensively spags has to hit the **** out of Big Ben and with that oline we have a good chance of breaking him in half. Should be a physical back and forth battle.
I don't think it is even set in stone that Hampton will play. I know he is questionable at the moment. It isn't him you have to worry about in the running game anyway. The anchor to our whole defense and especially the running game is Aaron Smith. I think Eli is going to have to beat the Steelers with his arm. With Aaron Smith playing, I have confidence that the Giants won't be able to effectively run on us.

And with what Turtle said, I honestly think there could be as many as 13-16 sacks between both defenses by the end of the game. We have 25 on the year and yall have 21. There will be many a sack.

TitleTown088
10-21-2008, 09:14 AM
The giants Getting clobbered by the first good team they play should be entertaining. ;)

P-L
10-21-2008, 09:59 AM
I said the Colts and Titans. With that said, Peyton is going to need to bring his "A" game or it could get ugly.

Sniper
10-21-2008, 10:03 AM
The giants Getting clobbered by the first good team they play should be entertaining. ;)

Don't be so sure. If Philly can annihilate Pittsburgh's O-line, I don't see why the Giants can.

TitleTown088
10-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Don't be so sure. If Philly can annihilate Pittsburgh's O-line, I don't see why the Giants can.

I was being sarcastic. Hence the wink.Many say the only reason the Giants have win this season is because they play crap teams. Remember? We'll see if it's true now.

iloxygenil
10-21-2008, 10:21 AM
The Giants are good, they've had a little easier road so far this season, but they're playing together, and playing with heart. Losing some of their key players has made their team better. Wow, that's a well coached football team.

Sniper
10-21-2008, 10:35 AM
I was being sarcastic. Hence the wink.Many say the only reason the Giants have win this season is because they play crap teams. Remember? We'll see if it's true now.

Right. E-sarcasm...I don't always pick up on it.

brat316
10-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Steelers line has improved after the Ravens games. The week links on the Oline have got injured. Not a great line, but much better than it was with Simmons over paid ass, and Marvel and his back problems. Still though if the running game gets going it might be a long day, and maybe a less sacked Ben.

Kemo, Hartwig, Staplton are doing a good job in the middle, and these three are good run blockers so it depends on them to set the game tone.

Mr. Stiller
10-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Steelers line has improved after the Ravens games. The week links on the Oline have got injured. Not a great line, but much better than it was with Simmons over paid ass, and Marvel and his back problems. Still though if the running game gets going it might be a long day, and maybe a less sacked Ben.

Kemo, Hartwig, Staplton are doing a good job in the middle, and these three are good run blockers so it depends on them to set the game tone.

Yeah but now we're possibly down: Hampton, Polamalu
and We're definitely down: Marvel Smith, Bryant McFadden.

thebow305
10-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Bills & Phins... I'm going!!

critesy
10-21-2008, 06:50 PM
the redskins game cause they're my fav :)

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how the Cowboys come out and play this week. This game could set them up nicely for the Giants one, or it could just confirm what we're all thinking already; that this team is falling apart by the minute.

bored of education
10-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Chiefs v. Jets!

Smooth Criminal
10-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Steelers Giants of course. Looks like it should be a great game. Giants really need a win in that competitive NFCE.

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Everyone's talking about how great the Giants game will be, i'll go on record right now and say that it'll be a blowout in favor of the Giants. The Steelers are so overrated.

PoopSandwich
10-21-2008, 07:30 PM
I cant wait to watch Winslow and the Browns.

Oh wait....

Brent
10-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Other than being a San Fran fan, what's interesting about this game? I'm pissed at the 9ers for firing Nolan, too soon imo, and the NFL is getting on my nerves with all these firings, stick it out with someone for once! But the Seahawks are a bad team, injuries have ended their season early. San Fran is a decent team, and should win this game at home. I do like the prospect of Singletary as a HC though, that's what a lot of Atlanta people were hoping for.
They fired Nolan too late. There is an article that kind of lists out all the crap he did here (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?&entry_id=31733). And it's interesting because I want to see how the team responds to a new coach.

Xonraider
10-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Mini Owls vs. Mini Raiders

The Unseen
10-21-2008, 08:29 PM
I cant wait to watch Winslow and the Browns.

Oh wait....

I can't wait either ;) .

BRAVEHEART
10-21-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm looking forward to every Cowboys game this year, and rooting against them. Each game they lose is a better pick for the Lions!

sounds awesome.

yodabear
10-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Rams at Patriots why? Well, we can be right back in it with being victorious!

awfullyquiet
10-22-2008, 12:17 PM
I"m about the saints chargers game.

If the saints lose. They're screwed. if the chargers lose. They're probably screwed to.