PDA

View Full Version : Patriotsí Harrison out for the season, maybe career

Matthew Jones
10-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Per Adam Schefter, Rodney Harrison will not be back this year and most likely is out for the rest of his career:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/10/21/patriots-harrison-out-for-the-season-maybe-career/

This is bad news. At least Meriweather looks capable, but the Pats are losing team leaders left and right. Maroney is out for the season as well with a shoulder injury.

iloxygenil
10-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Per Adam Schefter, Rodney Harrison will not be back this year and most likely is out for the rest of his career:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/10/21/patriots-harrison-out-for-the-season-maybe-career/

This is bad news. At least Meriweather looks capable, but the Pats are losing team leaders left and right. Maroney is out for the season as well with a shoulder injury.
Good, I hate to see anyone injured, but I love to see the Pats fall apart. I wish Brady was at the helm during this so he wouldn't get a free pass. But Harrison is dirty and nasty and it did my heart good to see him lose the Superbowl by allowing that catch. See ya Rodney.

TitleTown088
10-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Is it wrong to be happy? I can't help it.

On a side note. Brady, Maroney, Harrison, and some others. Jeeez.

Gay Ork Wang
10-21-2008, 10:31 AM
I called the Superbowl Curse

regoob2
10-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Steroids ends careers. It's just that simple. Anyone who roids is stupid.

eating perogies baked
10-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Steroids ends careers. It's just that simple. Anyone who roids is stupid.

Do you have absolutely any idea what you're talking about? Explain how this injury had ANYTHING to do with steroid use. Further, most performance-enhancers are actually beneficial in preventing injury.

Menardo75
10-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Guess a team can't stay healthy every year.

CashmoneyDrew
10-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Do you have absolutely any idea what you're talking about? Explain how this injury had ANYTHING to do with steroid use. Further, most performance-enhancers are actually beneficial in preventing injury.

Hmmmm.... I thought they helped you recover from injury faster. Not necessarily help prevent them.

Luis Castillo?

eating perogies baked
10-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Hmmmm.... I thought they helped you recover from injury faster. Not necessarily help prevent them.

Luis Castillo?

Yes, they are often used for recovery as well. Still, steroids and HGH are like anti-aging for older players. If anything, Harrison would be in better shape physically if he used PEDs hence they would not be a negative in terms of possibility of injury.

nrk
10-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Do you guys think he is a hall of famer?

eating perogies baked
10-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Do you guys think he is a hall of famer?

No. He has two pro-bowls. He has never been the best safety in the league or really even in that category.

nrk
10-21-2008, 12:16 PM
No. He has two pro-bowls. He has never been the best safety in the league or really even in that category.

He is the only player in NFL history with 30 ints and 30 sacks that article says. That is pretty impresive, but I wonder if his rep as being one of the dirtiest players effect his chances.

Matthew Jones
10-21-2008, 12:16 PM

I think he should be. Pro Bowls are not an indicator of how good a player is, it's mostly just based on reputation.

eating perogies baked
10-21-2008, 12:17 PM
He is the only player in NFL history with 30 ints and 30 sacks that article says. That is pretty impresive, but I wonder if his rep as being one of the dirtiest players effect his chances.

That is an impressive statistics but there's no way he makes it because he was never a dominant player. Hall of Famers are players who were at the very top of their position for a number of years.

regoob2
10-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Not when you stop taking them. Read a book.

HawkeyeFan
10-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Anything to give my Rams a better chance of going into NE and beating them!

thebow305
10-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Do I sense a John Lynch sighting in New England in the very near future?

Smooth Criminal
10-21-2008, 01:32 PM
**** now who am I going to cite when people call Ward the dirtiest player in the game?

tjsunstein
10-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Nothing dirty about Hines Ward. His hits are always clean, he's respectable. If Rivers could talk right now I think he would agree. haha.

I hate Rodney Harrison but what good is hating him now that his career might be over. Its more fun to hate someone when theyre actually playing.

Donno
10-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Dude after Drew Bledsoe got injured they werent even suppose to be that good with a 6th round pick QB. If you want to hear someone who would be greatful for 4 super bowls go talk to the Lions or something.

FlyingElvis
10-21-2008, 02:18 PM
yeah, steroids are bad, m-kay?

Not when you stop taking them. Read a book.
true. sadly, at least for your point, Rodney got busted buying HGH rather than steroids.

Anything to give my Rams a better chance of going into NE and beating them!
bwahahahahahahahahaa!!

FlyingElvis
10-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Is it wrong to be happy? I can't help it.

On a side note. Brady, Maroney, Harrison, and some others. Jeeez.

Nope - go on and be happy.

As long as you can refrain from stupid comments like "serves them right", "it's Karma!" or some other idiocy that connotes a player deserving an injury it's all good.

The hate just makes it sweeter when the Cassel-lead, secondary & RB depleted Patriots win each week. ;)

Don Vito
10-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Harrison has been the heart and soul of our defense and probably the whole team during his time here. He has definitely lost his step but he loves the game and I have always loved to watch him because he always goes all out. Say what you want about him being dirty but he was a great football player.

Bruce Banner
10-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Celebrating injuries!

Sweet!

HawkeyeFan
10-21-2008, 03:01 PM
bwahahahahahahahahaa!!
Laugh it off, thats why I said BETTER chance numb nuts.

FlyingElvis
10-21-2008, 03:05 PM
So touchy. The Patriots haven't been consistent enough for me to truly count any opponent out. Except maybe the Lions. 2 in a row for a Rams team that has plenty of talent.

HawkeyeFan
10-21-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm not touchy. Considering all the crap that went down in the 1st part of the season, after Haslett went over the Rams opened up the NEW season with new mentality. So far we're 2-0.

Went into Washington and beat them (First game as Rams HC for Haslett), and then just whooped up on a very talented Cowboys team.

People can say it was Johnson, we just went out and completely made plays.

The offense was rolling and Jim Haslett said "we could have scored 50, but we decided to slow it down"

Rick Venturi has been calling perfect games so far.

I'm really looking forward to Randy Moss vs Ron Bartell.

Bartell has shut down two big receivers the last few weeks (Terrell Owens and Santana Moss)..

Also, the Rams Defensive Line vs the Patriots.

Should be a damn good game.

Wish the best of luck to you.

BTW Steven Jackson is playing this week (very minor quad pull) so it'll be fun to see how he does against the Patriots strong run Defense.

I do expect Wilfork to pwn the Rams center Nick Leckey however.

FlyingElvis
10-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Don't worry too much about Wilfork. It's a pretty safe bet he'll give Leckey a finger poke at a crucial moment, giving the Rams an automatic first down.

:)

HawkeyeFan
10-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Haha, who knows. But honestly, I think this is going to be one hell of a game man.

FlyingElvis
10-21-2008, 03:29 PM
lol. You'll only get the one personal foul call, though. Like the thread title says - Rodney is out - so you don't get his 15 yarder.

Should be a good game. I can't see the Patriots shutting down Jax like they did Pittman. Jax is on a roll now that he's finally in game shape.

HawkeyeFan
10-21-2008, 03:31 PM
After watching the Rams blow up on offense, through the air as well.

Do you think your defense can handle the speed of our receivers and power of Jackson? Nice little mix up.

Also, how much different is your offense than the 'boys?

CC.SD
10-21-2008, 03:43 PM
If this is it for Hot Rod, he's got a lot to be proud of. Always was one of my favorite players, even when he slowed down and started killing games with his penalties. I'll never approve of the way the FO kicked him and Junior out the door because a new regime was in town.

It really sucks that his resurgence with New England will be associated with his steroid bust; he's had a great career and that shouldn't taint it.

BTW interesting that there's a lot of Rams talk in this thread given that Rodney is arguably the player who sparked their championship run. :D

rockio42
10-21-2008, 04:11 PM
**** now who am I going to cite when people call Ward the dirtiest player in the game?

Any of like 5 other Patriots

I hate to be happy, but I never liked Harrison, I do feel bad it might be his career though

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't think too many people are gonna miss him.

bantx
10-21-2008, 04:23 PM
After watching the Rams blow up on offense, through the air as well.

Do you think your defense can handle the speed of our receivers and power of Jackson? Nice little mix up.

Also, how much different is your offense than the 'boys?

lets see 2 CBs out and Bulgers 1st decent game and you guys are already a threat in the air.

So beating a team with a decent amount of starters injured, you're already hyping up the Rams after one game really? Jackson has 2 100 rushing yd games this season, im not saying 160 yds and 3 TDs isnt impressive but its not like hes gonna do it all the time.

Lets stop with all this overhyping crap because its been 2 games.

BlindSite
10-21-2008, 04:27 PM
I usually feel bad for players who have their career's ended, but someone in their late thirties with 3 superbowl rings it's hard to see the tragedy in it.

Bruce Banner
10-21-2008, 04:30 PM
I usually feel bad for players who have their career's ended, but someone in their late thirties with 3 superbowl rings it's hard to see the tragedy in it.

Meh. That's better than saying you're happy his career is over because he was dirty.

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Meh. That's better than saying you're happy his career is over because he was dirty.

Which is what he really meant.

Bruce Banner
10-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Which is what he really meant.

lol, yeah, probably.

CC.SD
10-21-2008, 04:35 PM
By the nature of the position a safety is going to deliver some big hits on unsuspecting wide receivers. Rodney had his gameplan down from very early on in his career and he never quit on it. A lot of people call him dirty but let me tell you he was fun as hell to watch week in and week out in his prime. People forget, but the Charger defenses during the 90s were really great. Our offenses were so abysmal that it never ended up mattering, but between Junior and Rodney we had quite a presence on D.