PDA

View Full Version : Brady Possibly Out A LOT Longer:

thebow305
10-21-2008, 10:44 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/21/bradys-infection-could-have-serious-consequences/

Article says the infection could possibly lead him being out for the 2009 season as well as 2010.

Taken with a HUGE grain of salt here, but this is pretty shocking if true!

vidae
10-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Meh, gotta look at the source. Would suck if this really does end up being the case though.

Gay Ork Wang
10-21-2008, 10:57 AM
wow that would really really suck

Jvig43
10-21-2008, 11:06 AM
.........BS, He already underwent a second surgery and had it taken care of. ESPN and NFL.com have already reported it. Chances are espn or nfl would have reported problems long before this site did.

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 11:10 AM
.........BS, He already underwent a second surgery and had it taken care of. ESPN and NFL.com have already reported it. Chances are espn or nfl would have reported problems long before this site did.

Again, not a very credible source, but just because they cut him up to help with the infection doesn't mean that it's automatically gone. Ask Terry Glenn.

kwilk103
10-21-2008, 11:21 AM
just a question:

why does everyone post info from this site, then say "consider the source"; why post anything from this site at all then?

oh, and dont hate on florio; hes a wvu fan :)

BuddyCHRIST
10-21-2008, 11:24 AM
even if this did happen, there's no way they could determine right now that he would be out 09 and 10.

ElectricEye
10-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Profootballtalk.com! Because someone will always read us!

Menardo75
10-21-2008, 11:33 AM
I doubt it. That would really suck though.

Shane P. Hallam
10-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Again, not a very credible source, but just because they cut him up to help with the infection doesn't mean that it's automatically gone. Ask Terry Glenn.

They did break McCargo failing his physical.

LonghornsLegend
10-21-2008, 12:15 PM
If he is even remotely close to missing the next 2 years, I would like to think someone else breaks this story...I'll believe it if/when another source reports the same because this is huge news and Tom Brady news is going to get out there.

Matthew Jones
10-21-2008, 12:54 PM
This isn't exactly credible. I will reserve any comments for a more official announcement, other than that at this point I expect Tom Brady to be ready for the beginning of next season.

TitleTown088
10-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Was the second surgery not for an infection though? I seem to remember a infection being mentioned.

Also, I really never want to have an ACL replaced. Icky.

thebow305
10-21-2008, 01:30 PM

Very true.

tjsunstein
10-21-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't believe it. That would be huge for not only the patriots but the league.

FlyingElvis
10-21-2008, 02:05 PM
ahhh . . . I love rumors.

The rest of the "news" outlets will pick it up and run it because it will boost ratings.

Steps recommended to be incredibly, um, un-credible:

1. Cite someone else for the news being reported
2. Spew it out as loud as possible
3. Blame the original source cited if report is false
4. Wipe hands of any wrong-doing.
5. Tell yourself you're a credible source. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with reporting whatever the hell you want, as long as you qualify it with "so-and-so is reporting . . . " It's not like it is YOUR reponsibility to ensure the validity of your report.

oh, and step 6 - only to be used under severe duress - the retraction!

Crickett
10-21-2008, 03:29 PM
I'll say this. We'll know next April if this is true.

If the New England Patriots draft a quarterback in the first round....... then its true.

One thing I keep wondering. Why didn't Daunte Culpepper try out in New England? Didn't Randy want here there a while back or something? :confused:

Sportsfan486
10-21-2008, 03:35 PM
It's a bunch of blind speculation with no factual support that Brady is in such a situation.

CC.SD
10-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Honestly my first thought ran to Belichick mind games.

Bruce Banner
10-21-2008, 03:41 PM
It's a bunch of blind speculation with no factual support that Brady is in such a situation.

Such is PFT.

CC.SD
10-21-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm surprised this "rumor" didn't surface a while ago, actually. Why not? Throw it out there. Knee surgeries=serious business.

Xonraider
10-21-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm simply glad the Pats beat the Broncos

holt_bruce81
10-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Damn that would be horrible news for the Patriots and the NFL.

giantsfan
10-21-2008, 07:50 PM
PFT has been better lately, they used to be like NY beat writers and just post everything they heard as going down, but now they've been more selective and up'd their accuracy, that said it's impossible for anyone to know for sure that Brady'd be out for 2009-2010. Hope he isn't though, hate the pats all you want but they're a great team and elevate the level play in this league.

bored of education
10-21-2008, 08:04 PM
I could care less. Who cares about his impact on the league. It sucks being injured but christ its not like he died.

BlindSite
10-21-2008, 08:53 PM
PFT isn't bad, but you've got take everything they say with a grain of salt. They were the first to report Jenkins trade to the jets, but a year earlier said Jenkins was going to St Louis.

They're good for picking up stuff early but other than that they miss as many stories as they hit.

PoopSandwich
10-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Like the Winslow balls thing... But at least that was funny.

Breaker
10-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Wow... that superbowl curse sure do knows how to break some balls.

Dam8610
10-21-2008, 09:12 PM
All this is is medical information followed by conjecture of a hypothetical scenario, it's not like it said "Tom Brady will be out until 2010". It's not fact, just an interesting possibility.

BBIB
10-21-2008, 09:56 PM
That site is a joke.

But it is possible he could struggle next year. A lot of guys take more than a year to fully recover from that type of injury

P-L
10-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Way, way too many "Ifs."

CC.SD
10-21-2008, 11:35 PM
The real test isn't going to come when Brady first comes back, it'll be the first time he takes a helmet to that reconstructed knee. He's a QB, it'll happen, and how well the knee holds up after that will be a big deal.

TitleTown088
10-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Way, way too many "Ifs."

" Ifs" , or denial PL? ;)

Jvig43
10-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Was the second surgery not for an infection though? I seem to remember a infection being mentioned.

Also, I really never want to have an ACL replaced. Icky.

Yeah i think thats what i meant to say. Espn reported he underwent a second surgery to take care of it, but as someone else stated earlier, that dosent mean its completely better. Im praying this isnt true, I dont know how much more i can handle from Cassell.

Jvig43
10-22-2008, 10:56 AM
That site is a joke.

But it is possible he could struggle next year. A lot of guys take more than a year to fully recover from that type of injury

Phillip Rivers would have something to say about that........

Double post

MetSox17
10-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Brady has underwent three procedures AFTER the reconstruction. If the infection continues, the reconstructive process will have to be re-done.

Link coming soon.

Edit -
According to the source, the fear is the patellar tendon graft used to replace Brady's anterior cruciate ligament is in danger of becoming compromised and may have to be removed. A new reconstruction would push back his rehabilitation, effectively forcing him to start from scratch, and could delay his return to the field.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8710758/Report:-Brady-has-additional-surgery-on-left-knee

tylerb929
10-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Brady has underwent three procedures AFTER the reconstruction. If the infection continues, the reconstructive process will have to be re-done.

Link coming soon.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/23/three-surgeries-and-counting-for-brady-infection/

there you go

MetSox17
10-23-2008, 09:03 AM
I got a reliable one already ;)

tylerb929
10-23-2008, 09:05 AM
I got a reliable one already ;)

Yeah, but they both are just reporting what the Boston Herald reported. And I posted it while you were editing.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/2008_10_23_Brady_suffers_setback:_Infection_leads_ to_2_more_procedures/srvc=home&position=1

TitleTown088
10-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Uh o. Golden boy isn't doin so hot.

iloxygenil
10-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Is anyone else happy? I mean I hate to see it go down like this, I'd much rather his demise came on the field. But part of me is just happy to know that cheaters truly do get what's coming to them.

TitleTown088
10-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Is anyone else happy? I mean I hate to see it go down like this, I'd much rather his demise came on the field. But part of me is just happy to know that cheaters truly do get what's coming to them. Not particularly. I'm no Brady fan, but I don't want to see him injured. He's not the one who cheated it was the coaches and such. Quarterbacking in the NFL is going downhill, real fat. This doesn't help it one bit.

thebow305
10-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Well, I guess it is true after all.

Karma really is a ***** isn't it!?

On a serious note though, people joke about this, but you never want to see this happen to anyone. Even as a Dolphin fan and someone that truly has hatred in his blood for the New England Patriots, I would much rather not have Brady on the field of course, but not for this reason. Take it from someone who has had this operation done personally, it's not fun and it doesn't always work out how it should, evidenced by this news.

I do HATE the New England Patriots and up until this point I have said that they deserved everything that is happening to them because of that scumbag roaming the sidelines in his cut off hooded sweatshirts, but as for Tom Brady, he is truly a GREAT player. He's probably one of the best to ever play this game and I have a TON of respect for that guy when it comes down to it. So in the end I hope for his full recovery.

10-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Quarterbacking in the NFL is going downhill, real fat. This doesn't help it one bit.

Not at all. The new influx of young star QBs ( Cutler, Rodgers, Rivers, Ryan, Edwards ) is keeping things afloat. :)

awfullyquiet
10-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Not particularly. I'm no Brady fan, but I don't want to see him injured. He's not the one who cheated it was the coaches and such. Quarterbacking in the NFL is going downhill, real fat. This doesn't help it one bit.

Agreed. Just because he's part of the evil empire doesn't mean you have to wish for his career to be ruined. Like wishing cool joe's death... and being like. Steve Young? Ha, at least not joe montana...

Tom Brady was great to watch. Not watching him kind of sucks.

Twiddler
10-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah, as glad as I am to see the Patriots have to grind it out for a year without him, the league needs him back next year.

draftguru151
10-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Brady's deal with the devil is up.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Is anyone else happy? I mean I hate to see it go down like this, I'd much rather his demise came on the field. But part of me is just happy to know that cheaters truly do get what's coming to them.

Nope, the rest of us aren't evil and are sad to see one of the greatest QBs to ever play in danger of never playing again, or even potentially have serious lifelong complications in his knee.

Crickett
10-23-2008, 11:01 AM

No, I'm not happy. I didn't wish injury on Tom Brady and I certainly didn't want to see his career end like this. He doesn't deserve this nor does any other NFL player. Other than Leonard Little.

The Unseen
10-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Brady's deal with the devil is up.

Brady: "O lente lente currite noctis equi!"

jnew76
10-23-2008, 01:09 PM
If Brady's career ended today is he a HOF'er? I would assume so.

cdub11
10-23-2008, 01:29 PM

i think so, 3 super bowl wins, 1 mvp & single season passing TD Record

Gay Ork Wang
10-23-2008, 01:31 PM
better question is: does Rodney harrison make it?

Shane P. Hallam
10-23-2008, 01:35 PM

That's been discussed before Georg.

But yes, Brady is no doubt a HOF and still would be a Top 3-5 QB of all-time.

d34ng3l021
10-23-2008, 01:37 PM

Serious? He is already one of the greatest QBs to play the game in my opinion, and to see his career cut short 5-6 years is a travesty. I hate to see the Patriots dominate and am pretty bored of seeing them in SBs all the time, but to be happy that the career of one of the greatest is done? No way. The Colts-Patriots rivalry is probably my favorite because you see the 2 of the best QBs go at it against each other, while each brings a different element to the game (Manning - statistical beast. Brady - winner).

Being happy about a season long injury might be okay (even then, it has its ethical concerns), but happy about a possible career ending injury? No matter who it is, you cannot be happy about that.

Gay Ork Wang
10-23-2008, 01:39 PM
dude that guy thinks Brady sucks but Redman is good

d34ng3l021
10-23-2008, 01:47 PM
I actually like Redman. He did well for us last season. Plus, his birthday is 7/7/77. Brady is good though. Have to give props where they are due.

Gay Ork Wang
10-23-2008, 01:51 PM
I actually like Redman. He did well for us last season. Plus, his birthday is 7/7/77. Brady is good though. Have to give props where they are due.
yes but he made it sound like Redman is better than Brady

d34ng3l021
10-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Oh i see. That isnt true.

Menardo75
10-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Oh i see. That isnt true.

That should not even be a conversation open for debate.

Gay Ork Wang
10-23-2008, 02:35 PM
well for him it is

RCAChainGang
10-23-2008, 02:35 PM
I admit that I hate Brady.

But this is terrible and I hope he comes back because the Colts - Patriots rivalry isn't the same.

10-23-2008, 02:47 PM
That should not even be a conversation open for debate.

You just wonder sometimes ...

I'm sure it's just blown out of proportion though.

Menardo75
10-23-2008, 02:49 PM
You just wonder sometimes ...

I'm sure it's just blown out of proportion though.

I hope so since Brady has more TD passes in a season than Redman has starts in a career.

Matthew Jones
10-23-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't see why people couldn't like the Patriots super bowl games. All of the other ones this decade have been pretty lopsided. Ravens, Buccaneers games were blowouts, Colts game was a game where almost everyone predicted the Colts to win and it wasn't super close, and Steelers game is more known for awful referee performance than being exciting on the field. Even the one the Patriots lost was better to me than watching those games. Face it, no one other than fans of those two teams would have watched those other Super Bowl games if they took place in the regular season - Patriots super bowl games were all exciting games with last minute finishes.

Gay Ork Wang
10-23-2008, 03:13 PM
but the Patriots are in it...

10-23-2008, 03:23 PM
but the Patriots are in it...

and the "Tuck Rule" .. man I must get over it .. :rolleyes:

iloxygenil
10-23-2008, 03:40 PM
yes but he made it sound like Redman is better than Brady

Quote me on that please, find it. If you can that's fine. There's no way to compare the two other than their physical attributes, what about Brady is far superior? Nothing...he's had the best coach and one of the best offensive lines in the world since coming in. I hate how overplayed up Brady is. Given that situation most NFL caliber QBs could succeed. Is Redman > Brady? No, but he could have had similar success given the team put together and the fact they knew what the other team was running. I mean knowing which side the blitz is coming from because your coach can call it in to you is a massive advantage.

I hate the Patriots for cheating, and Brady goes right in with that. But Redman's not better than Brady...but given the same set of circumstances...there's no telling how close the race could be.

iloxygenil
10-23-2008, 03:42 PM
well for him it is

Again you get to decide things for me? Since when? I think at this point you should just add me to your ignore list, it would make it a lot better. You speak about me as if I don't know myself as well as you do. Which makes you come across as pompous and arrogant.

Gay Ork Wang
10-23-2008, 03:45 PM
you make it sound like. You say Brady is bad but Redman is good. that sounds like Redman is better than brady

10-23-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't like hypothetical situations .

awfullyquiet
10-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Nope, the rest of us aren't evil and are sad to see one of the greatest QBs to ever play in danger of never playing again, or even potentially have serious lifelong complications in his knee.

Or death. As has happened before.

Gay Ork Wang
10-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Quote me on that please, find it. If you can that's fine. There's no way to compare the two other than their physical attributes, what about Brady is far superior? Nothing...he's had the best coach and one of the best offensive lines in the world since coming in. I hate how overplayed up Brady is. Given that situation most NFL caliber QBs could succeed. Is Redman > Brady? No, but he could have had similar success given the team put together and the fact they knew what the other team was running. I mean knowing which side the blitz is coming from because your coach can call it in to you is a massive advantage.

I hate the Patriots for cheating, and Brady goes right in with that. But Redman's not better than Brady...but given the same set of circumstances...there's no telling how close the race could be.
well so u basically saying Redman could be better

bored of education
10-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Seriouly, what makes watching Brady better for the game. He aint no god send for the game. I dont see him building schools, promoting inner city literacy programs. He is good, a cocky bastard that has had everything put in his lap(from a certain point of view). Its life, big deal.

Hell of a player, fun to watch but come on. Its adversity GET THROUGH IT. All the great ones can ;)

Twiddler
10-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Seriouly, what makes watching Brady better for the game. He aint no god send for the game. I dont see him building schools, promoting inner city literacy programs. He is good, a cocky bastard that has had everything put in his lap(from a certain point of view). Its life, big deal.

Hell of a player, fun to watch but come on. Its adversity GET THROUGH IT. All the great ones can ;)

I get what you are saying but I think you answered your own question. I think most of us are saying he betters the league when he's playing because he's fun to watch and people pay more attention if they hear his name. That and the competition is greater.

tjsunstein
10-23-2008, 08:01 PM
There's really is a Redman = Brady if slotted on the Pats in 07-08? Laughable. Some homers are really really unbearable.

bored of education
10-23-2008, 08:02 PM
But he doesnt make the LEAGUE BETTER. He makes WATCHING the game better.

tjsunstein
10-23-2008, 08:10 PM

The fact that you bothered posting about it speaks volumes. When his name is mentioned, people open their ears. It doesn't matter what about, people talked about him and his super model girlfriend for how long? Not only is he a great football player, he's a celebrity, a role model. I would compare him to someone from the last wave of quarterbacks but who? Brett Favre is the only higher profile quarterback. He's in a league of his own as far as this gen's QBs go and it would be terrible if he misses time next year yet alone his career ended.

Twiddler
10-23-2008, 08:13 PM
But he doesnt make the LEAGUE BETTER. He makes WATCHING the game better.

But if watching the game is better than isn't the league better as a result of it? I guess that's just how I view it.

Jvig43
10-23-2008, 08:16 PM
But if watching the game is better than isn't the league better as a result of it? I guess that's just how I view it.

I think you nailed it.

bored of education
10-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Without or without Brady the league is the best professional sorts league going. IF the Super Bowl doesnt sell out becuz the Patriots and Brady are not their then it will be bad for the game. Loss of thousands of season ticket holders in NE makes it bad.

It life IMO.

bored of education
10-23-2008, 08:35 PM
OR AM I JEALOUS THE BRODIE CROYLEZ DIDNT GET HIS OWNZzzz THREADZ

Dam8610
10-23-2008, 10:05 PM
He's in a league of his own as far as this gen's QBs go and it would be terrible if he misses time next year yet alone his career ended.

The only player to ever lead a decade in Passing Yardage, TDs, and Passer Rating might have something to say about that.

PackerLegend
10-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Sorry im not disappointed... I like watching the Patriots suffer as do many other people for all their recent success. No Tom Brady doesn't make the NFL worse. Please.... the NFL is more then 1 player or 100 for that matter.