PDA

View Full Version : Kellen Winslow suspended for "conduct detrimental to team"

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Link coming soon.

www.nfl.com

Bruce Banner
10-21-2008, 05:02 PM
http://images.theglobeandmail.com/archives/RTGAM/images/20060330/wxblatchford30/0329soldier330.jpg

awfullyquiet
10-21-2008, 05:03 PM
aww. nuts.

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 05:04 PM
What jerks. Seriously, you're gonna take a full paycheck just because he called the team out on sandbagging him?

tjsunstein
10-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Not a necessary suspension at all. I expect the NFLPA to look into it.

awfullyquiet
10-21-2008, 05:07 PM
this seems a bit like retribution to me.
completely savage!

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 05:08 PM
this seems a bit like retribution to me.
completely savage!

Clever. lol

And it is retribution, can these suspensions even be appealed though?

awfullyquiet
10-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Clever. lol

And it is retribution, can these suspensions even be appealed though?

I bet it will be appealed, but he'll still be suspended... just with pay.

What's amusing is that right next to the link...

'Winslow was quietly dangled before trade deadline'
http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/10/21/winslow-was-quietly-dangled-before-trade-deadline/

that's funny.

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 05:13 PM
I bet it will be appealed, but he'll still be suspended... just with pay.

What's amusing is that right next to the link...

'Winslow was quietly dangled before trade deadline'
http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/10/21/winslow-was-quietly-dangled-before-trade-deadline/

that's funny.

I can't understand why a team like the Panthers wouldn't go out of their way to get their hands on him. He's a stud in every sense of the word, and he might eventually block some day.

awfullyquiet
10-21-2008, 05:15 PM
I can't understand why a team like the Panthers wouldn't go out of their way to get their hands on him. He's a stud in every sense of the word, and he might eventually block some day.

maybe. either way. he's an oversized slot receiver who can stick his arms out and look like he's blocking. which is exactly what the panthers could use.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-21-2008, 05:17 PM
It takes some serious balls to say what he said.

CC.SD
10-21-2008, 05:17 PM
This is BS, there is a record number of staph infections endangering players' careers coming out of Cleveland, and whoever talks about it publicly gets suspended? I am not a fan of Winslow but he is totally in the right here.

Cleveland's facilities are proving themselves to be stone age quality; staph infections are very serious business, and they just don't stop happening to Cleveland.

Good thing management just killed any chance that he resigns with them, because why would any player want to be there, where there is clearly a greater chance of contracting this condition? The fact that they're trying to hush it up instead of actually dealing with it, or GOD FORBID move the medical facilities and hire some competent advisors, speaks volumes.

PoopSandwich
10-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Awesome, I cant believe I root for this team...

Go to hell Cleveland.

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Awesome, I cant believe I root for this team...

Go to hell Cleveland.

Yeah, how exactly is this gonna help the team? :/

illmatic74
10-21-2008, 06:09 PM
They should then suspend Anderson and Edwards for hurting the team with their play

PoopSandwich
10-21-2008, 06:29 PM
The best part is if you go to one of the Browns message boards dawgtalkers.net they are talking about how this is good for the team and that our best offensive performance came without Winslow.

They seem to forget the 51 points we put up against Cinci, the pro bowl season by Winslow, the record tying amount of catches in one year by Winslow... Boy how people forget contributions so fast.

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
The best part is if you go to one of the Browns message boards dawgtalkers.net they are talking about how this is good for the team and that our best offensive performance came without Winslow.

They seem to forget the 51 points we put up against Cinci, the pro bowl season by Winslow, the record tying amount of catches in one year by Winslow... Boy how people forget contributions so fast.

I always love how people try and spin stories to make themselves feel better about their miserable situation. You just suspended your most consistent and arguably best offensive player, and somehow you're gonna make the case that you're better without him? Right. :rolleyes:

PoopSandwich
10-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah, were gonna end up trading him in the offseason leaving our best offensive player as someone who drops the ball the most in the league...

Martin Rucker better up being the second coming of jesus christ or im gonna kill Phil Savage.

bored of education
10-21-2008, 06:38 PM
he's a souljaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

BlindSite
10-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Sounds like soulja is gonna be crankin' it some place else come this offseason,

MetSox17
10-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Sounds like soulja is gonna be crankin' it some place else come this offseason,

Whaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

locseti
10-21-2008, 07:33 PM
This is ridiculous, Boooooo the Cleveland organization and coaching staph!

d34ng3l021
10-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Winslow to the ATL. Just do it.

keylime_5
10-21-2008, 07:38 PM
i'm on winslow's side about how he was treated, but not about how he goes and calls out the GM as a knee jerk, emotional reaction following a very emotional tough loss in the locker room. He's still very immature in how he doesn't hold his tongue or think before he talks. If he's gonna say that stuff I'd rather see it in the middle of the week than right after a real emotional loss, it's too much like a little kid would do.

weird situation though next year: K2 is probably our best offensive player but if we trade him I don't think we'd really suffer that much as an offense. Kinda like NYG with Shockey but not exactly. Heiden and Rucker would do fine I think and we'd have money to sign or draft a #2 so we'd have a Boldin/Fitzgerald situation instead of a Owens/Witten one. I hope we keep him but I hear that's not likely, though I'd rather trade him than Edwards, though Braylon seems like he's gonna set the all time drops record this year.

Brodeur
10-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Hopefully Winslow can go to Atlanta to play with Matt Ryan and get as far away from Derek Anderson as possible.

PoopSandwich
10-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Hopefully Winslow can go to Atlanta to play with Matt Ryan and get as far away from Derek Anderson as possible.

Hopefully Savage and Crennel GTFO and we keep Winslow and get a coach/gm who knows WTF they are doing.

Geo
10-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Maybe it's just me, but this feels like the official beginning of the end of Winslow in Cleveland. The stuff before could be overlooked, should have been overlooked, but this is something altogether different.

Stupid move by the Browns front office imo.

Shane P. Hallam
10-21-2008, 08:36 PM
James Walker reports that Winslow may be traded in the offseason

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-2-461/Winslow-trade-in--09-.html

Probably more speculation than fact, but still interesting.

d34ng3l021
10-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Atlanta offered a 2nd for Tony Gonzalez (2nd rounder) for a reason I am not sure of, but clearly they think a good TE is worth it. Gonzo refused to play with us I think, which is why the trade got rejected.

I wouldnt mind splitting with a 2nd and a 2nd day pick for Winslow. TE is a huge need for our offense anyway (the most glaring one at least).

PoopSandwich
10-21-2008, 08:42 PM
James Walker reports that Winslow may be traded in the offseason

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-2-461/Winslow-trade-in--09-.html

Probably more speculation than fact, but still interesting.

Savage should be fired just because of the shirt he's wearing in that picture...

ATLDirtyBirds
10-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Winslow to the Falcons would be so amazingly good.

PoopSandwich
10-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Winslow to the Falcons would be so amazingly good.

I wouldn't mind it, I don't dislike the Falcons so I could cheer for K2 on the Falcons.

I knew this **** was going to happen once Kellen didn't get a new contract in the offseason.

Edit : Oh yeah, this will give me another K2 jersey to get, **** YOU CLEVELAND...

DraftMichaelHuff
10-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Keep in mind a somewhat similiar situation occured last year. Deangelo Hall, he was 24 with a pro bowl or two under his belt at a more important position. The Browns, like the Falcons, have shown their hand in that they already tried to trade the player but unlike Hall Winslow has injury history.

Despite the fact that everyone that hates him and the fact that he is the CB being picked on at Oakland this year, (last year he was left alone and Houston was targetted) Hall did have a really good 07 season leading up to when he was traded BUT he also had some off and on feild issues throughout the year similiar to Winslow.

So my question is, how does Winslow's value differ (if at all) from the 2008 2nd and 2009 5th the Falcons got for Hall and why?

The falcons did try to get Tony Gonzales with a 2nd rounder already. The only thing stopping this trade from being a possibility IMO are the Falcons flagging Winslow as a guy they dont want in their locker room.

Edit: Both players were also high picks and want an extension. AND both players have complained about the management of their team and, in hindsight (if you have read up on Petrino and believe this Staph cover up thing) were/are somewhat justified

PoopSandwich
10-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Winslow has injury problems, thats what the key concern is going to bey for most teams.

At catching passes, hes up there at the top though.

D-Unit
10-21-2008, 09:21 PM
I just want to remind everyone that the Cowboys drafted Jason Witten in Round 3.

Suckas!

Saints-Tigers
10-21-2008, 09:27 PM
This is from a very reliable source on RealGM.com

Players currently under contract that I expect to change uniforms this summer:
Kellen Winslow, who will either get traded or sit out. you heard it here first.
Derek Anderson, who will get a shot to start somewhere (MIN? KC?)
Chad Ocho Cinco and/or TJ Houshmandzadeh
Alex Smith, perhaps several 49ers who have not met expectations
Larry Johnson
Laurence Maroney
plus all the other potential free agents
The Cards have some interesting choices to make in terms of who to pay, including Matt Leinart

A lot of speculation, but he doesn't throw things out like that unless he knows what he is hearing something from the inside... this was before the suspension came out too.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-21-2008, 09:42 PM
I just want to remind everyone that the Cowboys drafted Jason Witten in Round 3.

Suckas!

Well the Skins took a little named guy name Chris Cooley from Utah State in the 3rd round in the same draft that Winslow went. BTW in the process of taking Cooley we took Sean Taylor at #5 instead of Winslow even though Gibbs was drooling over Winslow as his new aged H-Back, Winslow went 1 pick later. I remember draft time most media outlets and my self included expected us to take Winslow over Taylor. It was always between those two U guys. I remember I already had a rant written about Gibbs having a hard on for H-backs and being an idiot for taking Winslow over Taylor, luckily we didn't do that.

holt_bruce81
10-21-2008, 09:45 PM
So is Martin Rucker starting in his place?

Brodeur
10-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Winslow is not a problem in the locker room, so I really doubt that it'll hold the Falcons back from making a trade.

CC.SD
10-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Screw you guys and the third round, Gates wasn't even drafted!!!

:D

PoopSandwich
10-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Browns should try to trade Winslow for Boldin (if he gets franchised) and work out a deal for Boldin.

d34ng3l021
10-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Winslow is not a problem in the locker room, so I really doubt that it'll hold the Falcons back from making a trade.

Yeah. Winslows rant about being a soulja was in college. And it wasnt even all bad. I havent heard anything out of him recently.

Jeez. I might be getting my hopes up.

WMD
10-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Well, the Lions picked up an extra 2nd from Cleveland to move down one spot, allowing the Browns to take Winslow.

The Lions took Roy Williams at that spot.. and then used their 'other' 2nd Rounder in a trade to move up for Kevin Jones. With the Browns' 2nd Rounder, we took Teddy Lehman.

Roy and Kevin are no longer on the team. Teddy Lehman has since been cut, brought back, and then put on IR.. Sigh. What could've been a huge, huge steal turned out to be much less.

PoopSandwich
10-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Roy and Kevin are no longer on the team. Teddy Lehman has since been cut, brought back, and then put on IR.. Sigh. What could've been a huge, huge steal turned out to be much less.

Browns Lions and Bengals should see who has had the worst drafts since 1999...

Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerrard Warren, William Green, K2, Edwards, Wimbley (WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO?), Thomas/Quinn...

Before Winslow it was HORRIBLE, and even then we have him plagued with injuries Edwards plagued with drops, Wimbley fell off the map, leaving Thomas.

HawkeyeFan
10-22-2008, 12:19 AM
I'd let the Rams offer a 3rd this and 3rd next year for him :)

Future of Steven Jackson, Donnie Avery, Keenan Burton, Kellen Winslow Jr. with Bulger at the helm.

703SKINS202
10-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Just wondering if anyone else has heard this because I have seen it in a couple of places now; apparently he overdosed on ****** and ****** and his trick wouldn't go down for like 3 days...

http://thesportsaffiliate.com/2008/10/21/browns-suspend-kellen-winslow/

awfullyquiet
10-22-2008, 12:22 AM
Just wondering if anyone else has heard this because I have seen it in a couple of places now; apparently he overdosed on ****** and ****** and his trick wouldn't go down for like 3 days...

major rumor.

not even worth posting.

Bruce Banner
10-22-2008, 12:36 AM

This is the greatest thing I have ever read in my life.

Better than Ulysses.
Better than The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.
Better than Dating for Dummies.

The event itself is probably more significant than the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand.

There are RUMORS that this “staph” infection was due to Winslow allegedly taking too much ****** or ****** because he is a sex addict.

and I completely believe it.

Kellen "Limps-low"

Trojanback02
10-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Browns Lions and Bengals should see who has had the worst drafts since 1999...

Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerrard Warren, William Green, K2, Edwards, Wimbley (WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO?), Thomas/Quinn...

Before Winslow it was HORRIBLE, and even then we have him plagued with injuries Edwards plagued with drops, Wimbley fell off the map, leaving Thomas.

Wow I always thought Detroit took the cake with this one, but you just made me realize the Browns have suffered just as much the past years.

CC.SD
10-22-2008, 01:56 AM
Isn't Faine in there too? The Browns draft history is really painful to see laid out like that. The Chargers have had some bad runs in that area too. Still, Brownies make my heart hurt.

diabsoule
10-22-2008, 02:36 AM
Atlanta offered a 2nd for Tony Gonzalez (2nd rounder) for a reason I am not sure of, but clearly they think a good TE is worth it. Gonzo refused to play with us I think, which is why the trade got rejected.

I wouldnt mind splitting with a 2nd and a 2nd day pick for Winslow. TE is a huge need for our offense anyway (the most glaring one at least).

Winslow or Gonzales would be beastly for the Falcons. As an NFC South fan, I'd be scared to face the resurgent Falcons with a legit threat at TE. That would help complete their offense and give them a dimension that would be tough to cover and help open up their passing game to a developing Matt Ryan. On the other hand, I wouldn't go after Winslow just because of his injury concerns. There isn't a FA TE worth mentioning, although Desmond Clark is a FA, but that's barely worth mentioned. If I was the Falcons FO I would have offered a 2nd and a 5th for Gonzales, which is the same price Shockey garnered.

d34ng3l021
10-22-2008, 02:53 AM
I thought a 2nd was too much personally. We have a very young offense (McClure is the only starter over 30 off the top of my head) and as much of an impact Gonzo can provide now, I would like a guy who can grow with this offense and be part of the team we build in the future. Winslow can be that guy at age 25 or 26.

Man. He would be amazing on the Falcons. I cannot get over this.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-22-2008, 05:04 AM
I thought a 2nd was too much personally. We have a very young offense (McClure is the only starter over 30 off the top of my head) and as much of an impact Gonzo can provide now, I would like a guy who can grow with this offense and be part of the team we build in the future. Winslow can be that guy at age 25 or 26.

Neither can I. I've always been a big Winslow fan, so I'd love this. Pretty funny how we are all hyped up though, and not even mentioned as a possible interested party. I would do that trade for Gonzo, providing the Falcons were confident we'd be picking 15th or later, which would make it a mid-late 2nd for a top TE, which I'd be cool with. Even if he only had 3 more seasons.

diabsoule
10-22-2008, 05:12 AM
Neither can I. I've always been a big Winslow fan, so I'd love this. Pretty funny how we are all hyped up though, and not even mentioned as a possible interested party. I would do that trade for Gonzo, providing the Falcons were confident we'd be picking 15th or later, which would make it a mid-late 2nd for a top TE, which I'd be cool with. Even if he only had 3 more seasons.

I feel a trade for Winslow would end up being the same trade that the Saints made for Shockey. A trade for a TE that is an instant impact when in the line-up but once out of the line-up due to injury or what-have-you (especially due to injury) would throw your team under the bus as soon as possible.

IMHO, the Falcons would be best off drafting a TE that could grow with the franchise.

Saints-Tigers
10-22-2008, 05:36 AM
I'd take Winslow. What are the odds of drafting a TE as good as he is?

MetSox17
10-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah, i'm not into drafting one and hoping he hits. If you can get Winslow for a second round pick, do that in a heart beat. There's no way in hell that you'll find someone of his caliber in the second round, anywhere. Forget the injury concerns, had he not been in Cleveland he prolly avoids getting staph, and the other injuries were due to his stupidity, and not deteriorating body.

Menardo75
10-22-2008, 02:04 PM
2nd for Winslow hell yeah pull the trigger.

Bruce Banner
10-22-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure. There is always something wrong with K2. Whether it's physical or psychological is situational.

T-RICH49
10-22-2008, 02:29 PM

where'd you hear they offered a 2nd?I heard the best offers KC got were 3rd rounders

Bruce Banner
10-22-2008, 02:33 PM
where'd you hear they offered a 2nd?I heard the best offers KC got were 3rd rounders

It's BS. Unless Gonzo declined.

iloxygenil
10-22-2008, 02:54 PM
It's BS. Unless Gonzo declined.

I've heard the same report, that Atlanta offered a 2nd round pick, but Gonzo declined the offer. I wish I knew where that link was, I'll see if I can dig it up on the falcons website, it may not have been credible anyway.

I just don't know if Atlanta can take the chemistry hit of bringing K2 in here. I would love to have him on the field, but the chemistry that Atlanta has is why they are successful. Yes, a pass catching TE would be fantastic but Atlanta is going to run the ball anyway. But for a second round pick it's a risk reward thing, because he could become the cancer that kills the team, or could just suck it up and be a man and go play football. But I think he's had too much lime light already and he's not going to get away from that.

Now if he had a good attitude he wouldn't even be in the consideration of being sent packing, but the fact that the Browns would move him is telling of something. I think waiting for the draft is the answer, but there isn't a TE THAT good this year...or any year really. K2 is special.

Bruce Banner
10-22-2008, 02:56 PM
I've heard the same report, that Atlanta offered a 2nd round pick, but Gonzo declined the offer. I wish I knew where that link was, I'll see if I can dig it up on the falcons website, it may not have been credible anyway.

I just don't know if Atlanta can take the chemistry hit of bringing K2 in here. I would love to have him on the field, but the chemistry that Atlanta has is why they are successful. Yes, a pass catching TE would be fantastic but Atlanta is going to run the ball anyway. But for a second round pick it's a risk reward thing, because he could become the cancer that kills the team, or could just suck it up and be a man and go play football. But I think he's had too much lime light already and he's not going to get away from that.

Now if he had a good attitude he wouldn't even be in the consideration of being sent packing, but the fact that the Browns would move him is telling of something. I think waiting for the draft is the answer, but there isn't a TE THAT good this year...or any year really. K2 is special.

Remember what Shockey did to Eli? You don't want that to happen to the man with two first names. Spread the word to your fellow fans.

Brodeur
10-22-2008, 03:25 PM

Winslow IS NOT A CANCER.

Bruce Banner
10-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Winslow IS NOT A CANCER.

We know. He's bacteria.

awfullyquiet
10-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Winslow IS NOT A CANCER.

I know. Oxy likes to blow stuff out of proportion.
Winslow hates Cleveland. Why wouldn't he? The water causes aids. and the river burns!

keylime_5
10-22-2008, 03:45 PM
We know. He's bacteria.

is that a fancy word for soldier?

Bruce Banner
10-22-2008, 03:46 PM
is that a fancy word for soldier?

He's a biological weapon.

DraftMichaelHuff
10-22-2008, 03:48 PM
How exactly has Winslow ever throw his team-mates under the bus and been a TO type cancer? I could be missing something but. There was
1) The solja thing in college
2) A running battle with Joey Porter
3) Bagging out his GM because he didnt come to visit him in hospital.

Im not all together farmiliar with his history so what other incidents were there?
I really dont think adding any one player will screw up Falcons chemistry, i really cant see how anyone wouldnt love to play for/by-in-to Mike Smith and with a bunch of guys who love what they are doing and all get on well.

In saying that though, a 2nd rounder in 2009 and a conditional pick (3rd or 4th) in 2010 is the most id give up for him, certainly not a first when there is Gresham and the option of drafting another position there. Last year myself and other Falcons fans were shocked with how little we got for Hall (2nd 2008 5th 2009) IMO the Browns fans will be similiarly shocked this year if they inadvertantly make it clear that he will be traded before he actually is

DraftMichaelHuff
10-22-2008, 03:48 PM
He's a biological weapon.

haha love it *10 characters

PACKmanN
10-22-2008, 03:58 PM

you make it sound like rebuilding takes 8-10 years. Its only a 3-4 year process, if its done right.

TickOffOurBestPlayer
10-22-2008, 04:03 PM
If the Browns trade Kellen Winslow for anything less than another proven high caliber player then I will burn Phil Savage, Romeo Crennel and Braylon Edwards houses to the ground.

Maybe not, but I'm about 3 levels above angry right now and if it comes true I'm probably going to be 3 to the 3rd power above angry.

Cleveland is a bunch of epic failures. We could run this team better down here in Sullivan.

Mistake by the Lake are the truest words ever spoken.

Brady Quinn you'd better get out while you can.

awfullyquiet
10-22-2008, 04:07 PM
If the Browns trade Kellen Winslow for anything less than another proven high caliber player then I will burn Phil Savage, Romeo Crennel and Braylon Edwards houses to the ground.

Maybe not, but I'm about 3 levels above angry right now and if it comes true I'm probably going to be 3 to the 3rd power above angry.

Cleveland is a bunch of epic failures. We could run this team better down here in Sullivan.

Mistake by the Lake are the truest words ever spoken.

Brady Quinn you'd better get out while you can.

Instead of moving buffalo to canada, they should move cleveland.

BlindSite
10-22-2008, 04:17 PM
They should stay where they are. They'll probably see more revenue now they're not terrible now anyway.

PoopSandwich
10-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Isn't Faine in there too? The Browns draft history is really painful to see laid out like that. The Chargers have had some bad runs in that area too. Still, Brownies make my heart hurt.

I thought I put Faine in there, he was right after Green, I know I thought of him when I was typing I guess I just left him out.

Mr. Stiller
10-22-2008, 05:48 PM
How exactly has Winslow ever throw his team-mates under the bus and been a TO type cancer? I could be missing something but. There was
1) The solja thing in college
2) A running battle with Joey Porter
3) Bagging out his GM because he didnt come to visit him in hospital.

Im not all together farmiliar with his history so what other incidents were there?
I really dont think adding any one player will screw up Falcons chemistry, i really cant see how anyone wouldnt love to play for/by-in-to Mike Smith and with a bunch of guys who love what they are doing and all get on well.

In saying that though, a 2nd rounder in 2009 and a conditional pick (3rd or 4th) in 2010 is the most id give up for him, certainly not a first when there is Gresham and the option of drafting another position there. Last year myself and other Falcons fans were shocked with how little we got for Hall (2nd 2008 5th 2009) IMO the Browns fans will be similiarly shocked this year if they inadvertantly make it clear that he will be traded before he actually is

Wasn't he throwing a fit about a contract?

I also heard Minny offered the Browns 2 - 1sts for Brady Quinn...

Imagine the overhaul 2 extra first rounders and whatever they got for Winslow could do.

PoopSandwich
10-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Wasn't he throwing a fit about a contract?

I also heard Minny offered the Browns 2 - 1sts for Brady Quinn...

Imagine the overhaul 2 extra first rounders and whatever they got for Winslow could do.

Be spent on busts.

Mr. Stiller
10-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Be spent on busts.

Well think of it this way:

Most teams with a lot of high picks (See most teams but Raiders, Lions, Bengals & Browns).. Tend to get a lot of good players with an occasional bust.

but if you have say:

1, 1, 2, 2 In one draft.. thats 4 of the top 64 players. There's a small chance that they could accidentally F up and draft someone good (See: Joe Thomas)

PoopSandwich
10-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Well if we had gotten 2 firsts for Quinn, and say a second and a later round for Winslow, then we would have 1, 1, 1, 2, 2...

I would just be more comfortable with someone else making the picks, I hate Savage already.

Mr. Stiller
10-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Well if we had gotten 2 firsts for Quinn, and say a second and a later round for Winslow, then we would have 1, 1, 1, 2, 2...

I would just be more comfortable with someone else making the picks, I hate Savage already.

Eh. I don't like a lot of the moves Savage has made but there are far worse GM's.

I think with a new QB, and actual #2 WR... ... and some new coaching.. I think Cleveland could be a force.

I'm just wondering if they're going to do the same thing as Cincy. Have 1 great season thats going to keep a coach there for way too long.

d34ng3l021
10-22-2008, 06:24 PM
you make it sound like rebuilding takes 8-10 years. Its only a 3-4 year process, if its done right.

Tony Gonzalez is already 32. Though he still plays like a top TE, he is showing signs of declining. Rebuilding to a decent play off contender would take about 3-4 years. Getting playoff experience and actually winning the SB can take up to much longer. Gonzo would be like 35 by the time we start making playoffs consistently (and thats being all optimistic).

The Great Jonathan Vilma
10-24-2008, 04:13 PM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqgUtkFbbjBT2p_yQjmIkb9ShgM6?slug=ms-thegameface102408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns#silver_fantasy

very good article. I agree completely. I can't stand the people on other sites (not sure if here too) where they've said, 'keep your mouth shut and play' or 'he's had one good year', both of which are stupid responses. People don't know anything about what a staph infection is, think everything is soley football related, and just throw out stupid comments. I don't see how anyone can side with Management here, as this is obviously an issue in Cleveland that has been ignored with nothing done to correct it. Props to Winslow for getting it out there. Disgrace to those who think this is soley a football matter.

Mr. Stiller
10-24-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure. There is always something wrong with K2. Whether it's physical or psychological is situational.

lets be fair here, I'd be sick and Demented if I had gotten drafted by Cleveland, then had to play their 4 years, then got suspended for complaining how pathetic it's getting with their Staph infections.

If it's True about Brady's infection, then he might be a Brown.

Maybe it's really Belichick? Leaves Cleveland and suddenly, BAM, staph infections. Now Brady has one..

PoopSandwich
10-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Just on the news...

Browns recinded the suspension of Kellen Winslow, allowing him to receive his pay check and play for the game... HOWEVER...

Winslow did not practice all week and did not travel with the team, because he just got his suspension revoked...

Kellen will not be able to play with the team because the fools got rid of his suspension too late....

GOOD JOB CLEVELAND, ONCE AGAIN.

Flyboy
10-26-2008, 02:54 AM
Just on the news...

Browns recinded the suspension of Kellen Winslow, allowing him to receive his pay check and play for the game... HOWEVER...

Winslow did not practice all week and did not travel with the team, because he just got his suspension revoked...

Kellen will not be able to play with the team because the fools got rid of his suspension too late....

GOOD JOB CLEVELAND, ONCE AGAIN.

LOL - that's golden.

giantsfan
10-26-2008, 04:09 AM
If I wasn't currently personally at war with the state of ohio I'd feel bad for cleveland fans.