PDA

View Full Version : Jerrod Johnson Texas A&M

Ozzy
10-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Jerrod Johnson
Texas A&M
6-5 230 QB
Redshirt Sophomore

Forget for a second all the other supposedly great quarterbacks in the Big 12, take a look at Mr. Johnson from A&M. The kid is quite an impressive signal caller, unlike most large athletic quarterbacks, Johnson plays with great composure and does not take off and run at the first sign of trouble. He moves wonderfully in the pocket, has wonderful feet and knows how to avoid the pass rush, keeping his eyes down field.

He clearly has a big time arm, a little raw but the power and talent is obviously there. If he keeps up his solid play and continues to improve I would not be surprised if he ends up being a better prospect than let us say, his Big 12 counterpart Josh Freeman. And dare I say, ends up potentially being the best Big 12 quarterback of them all.

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper657/stills/5065938i.gif

villagewarrior
10-22-2008, 12:47 PM
It'll be interesting to see how he progresses. He is on a pretty bad team right now, but his stats at this point are pretty decent. Kind of worried that he has taken 16 sacks already, is that due to a poor offensive line or does he hold on to the ball too long?

EvilMonkey
10-22-2008, 01:01 PM
wasnt that impressed watching him this past weekend vs. Texas Tech. He was ok, but still isn't very polished and needs a lot of work(Most young QBs do though, no shock there). Definitely has an absolute ton of talent and I like him and think he will wreak havoc in the big 12 the next couple years, but tough to project a guy like him right now because so much can happen.

STARHEATHER
10-22-2008, 02:01 PM
he looks nice. i like him. good arm, playing good, nice mobility. not very polished or consistent but he shows flashes of nfl stuff

Texas Homer
10-23-2008, 12:27 AM
He's good, but not polished. High upside though.

ElectricEye
10-23-2008, 03:38 AM
I've kinda been eying this guy for a few years now, watching as closely as possible. He's not polished by any means, but for the type of player he is he's already showing some potential as a passer. He's a really great athlete too. He was a bigtime basketball recruit and ran a 4.5 in the 40. He's got a really good arm to boot. I would say his best quality right now though is general athleticism. He's a basketball type athlete playing football. Certainly a guy I'm going to keep watching. It's still way to early for him though.

BuddyCHRIST
10-23-2008, 06:10 AM
definitely has a ton of potential, but he looked very very raw last week. Guy who would benefit from not being picked super high so he wouldn't be forced into starting too soon.

MetSox17
10-23-2008, 09:44 AM
The only thing aTm has going for them is Bradley Stephens. FTW!