PDA

View Full Version : C.J. Spiller Wants To Play Senior Season

Cigaro
10-22-2008, 05:11 PM
"My decision right now is I'm coming back," said Spiller, a junior. "I pray to God that Coach Swinney gets this job.

"I'm looking forward to the 2009 season, to play for him and to see how much we can grow as a team."

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20081021/SPORTS0101/810210382/-1/rss

Still a good chance he does come out, in my opinion, as long as his hamstring isn't lingering.

CashmoneyDrew
10-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I think SuperKevin reported this in the early entries thread. I still don't believe him at this team, nor any other prospect for that matter.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
10-22-2008, 05:14 PM
CJ if u know like I know u better go get paid....

I dont think he is going to get any better...So why not go get paid!

Cigaro
10-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I think SuperKevin reported this in the early entries thread. I still don't believe him at this team, nor any other prospect for that matter.

Yeah I just checked, and he did. I looked through the thread titles to make sure it wasn't a repost, but not the threads. My bad.

10-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Isn't next year supposed to have a stong junior RB class ? I'd probably leave now ..

CashmoneyDrew
10-22-2008, 05:17 PM
It's cool just giving SuperKevin some sleuth cred.

Mr. Stiller
10-22-2008, 05:18 PM
I think this is a good idea.

Spiller hasn't proven to me that he's a feature back. He's got great speed, and decent hands.

But He seems like a weaker Willie Parker. Needs to pack on a bit of weight and show some ability other than the outside.

SuperKevin
10-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Given the success of guys like Chris Johnson and Felix Jones this year I think he'd probably warrant at the very worst a mid second round pick. He has the speed to be successful and has that ever so important freshness in his legs from splitting time in college.

I would not at all be surprised to see Clemson wait until after the underclassmen deadline to announce the hiring of a new head coach to replace Dabo Swinney in hopes of trying to trick Spiller into staying at school.

STARHEATHER
10-22-2008, 08:08 PM
hes definitely left the door open. i think if he comes back from the injury and blows up the last few games he will come out. otherwise hell be back

Smokey Joe
10-22-2008, 08:12 PM
Still a good chance he does come out, in my opinion, as long as his hamstring isn't lingering.
It sounds like from that quote that if Swinney gets the job, Spiller is staying, but if Swinney doesn't get the job, then it could go either way.

SuperKevin
10-22-2008, 08:13 PM
It sounds like from that quote that if Swinney gets the job, Spiller is staying, but if Swinney doesn't get the job, then it could go either way.

That's why I think Clemson refuses to make a head coaching decision until after the deadline to declare

Smokey Joe
10-22-2008, 08:16 PM
That's why I think Clemson refuses to make a head coaching decision until after the deadline to declare
When's the deadline again? Sometime in January right? So yeah, that'd be a very smart move on the part of Clemson to wait.

Cigaro
10-22-2008, 08:21 PM

Swinney is the guy who brought Spiller to Clemson, so there's the obvious connection. But I doubt Swinney gets the job.

One thing for certain, at least almost, is that Clemson won't wait until said deadline just to bait players into staying. That's pretty low class, even coming from a team that refused to suspend a player after being charged and pleading guilty to beating his girlfriend, and it wouldn't give the new head coach a good start at recruiting. Plus most candidates are gone by that time. The AD has already set a timeline for naming the new head coach between the day after game versus South Carolina, to December 10th to 12th.

illmatic74
10-22-2008, 08:38 PM
If ytour a RB who will get drafted in the first 3 rounds leave.

MetSox17
10-22-2008, 08:52 PM

Great work, detective.

Smokey Joe
10-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Great work, detective.
Thanks for the meaningless sarcastic response that adds nothing to this thread.

MetSox17
10-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the meaningless sarcastic response that adds nothing to this thread.

C'mon man, can't take a joke? Laugh a little.

Smokey Joe
10-23-2008, 07:25 PM
C'mon man, can't take a joke? Laugh a little.
Once again, it is almost impossible to sense sarcasm over a message board. However, I laugh a lot.

WMD
10-23-2008, 08:02 PM
If you have a chance to go in the first two or three rounds, declare! A hit to one of your knees could end your football career.

LonghornsLegend
10-23-2008, 08:08 PM
I really like Spiller, but I don't think this is the worst thing for him, he will be a very good back as a part of a committee, but he has a chance to really prove himself if he returns...Honestly though with how bad Clemson is he could easily bolt if someone feels like he is a late 1st/early 2nd rd type of prospect.