PDA

View Full Version : Mark Herzlich Boston College

Ozzy
10-23-2008, 08:32 AM
Mark Herzlich
6-4 238 OLB
Junior
Boston College

Mark Herzlich, I would have him arguably top 3 in terms of OLB in a 3/4 for the upcoming draft even as a junior. The kid makes plays behind the line of scrimmage all game long, he is tough physically, seems to play with great speed and really takes on blocks well.

The kid is a big time prospect and do not be surprised if he gets drafted quite high whenever he comes out. Just a demon off the edge and is one of the best pure pass rushers as a flat out linebacker in college.

http://lotttrophy.com/images/member_photos/actionshots/mark_herzlich_action.jpgI love the intensity he plays with, he seems very into the games and who would not want a linebacker with his face painted almost all black? Last year he showed flashes of being a great player but they had a lot of other linebackers on the team. This year he is playing more, and doing more on the field, just outstanding young prospect.

All fans of a 3/4 defensive team in the NFL should watch this guy play!

Babylon
10-23-2008, 11:03 AM
I know it's too easy to just compare him to a Mike Vrabel but he reminds me of a young Mike Vrabel. Really looked special against Va. Tech.

illmatic74
10-23-2008, 11:11 AM
I know it's too easy to just compare him to a Mike Vrabel but he reminds me of a young Mike Vrabel. Really looked special against Va. Tech. Every potential 3-4 olb who was white has been compared to Mike Vrabel.`

TickOffOurBestPlayer
10-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Drop the racism.

Clint Sintim is the real backer who plays like Mike Vrable

Mark Herzlich plays and looks like Jason Taylor.

OMG white to black and black to white I didn't just go there

Ozzy
10-23-2008, 11:42 AM
How about we focus on the football player.

And forget about pro comparisons for a second, the kid compared to his peers is elite, I see little reason why he could not be a great OLB in a 3/4 defense or any defense for that matter.

Rarely are there linebacker prospects than can rush the passer like he can who are not speed edge rushers as a down DE.

TickOffOurBestPlayer
10-23-2008, 11:57 AM
He is very good, but I can think of at least 5 DE/OLB prospects off the top of my head that are better than him.

No real order:
1. Brian Orakpo
2. Jeremaine Cunningham
3. Everette Brown
4. Greg Hardy
5. Clint Sintim
6. George Selvie
7. Orion Martin(also very underrated)
8. Clay Matthews
9. Michael Johnson
10. Brian Cushing
11. Sergio Kindle
12. Mark Herzlich

Babylon
10-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Every potential 3-4 olb who was white has been compared to Mike Vrabel.`

Both guys can get to the Qb, play standing up or in a 3 pt stance and they play just down the road from each other, thus the comparison. Would you have felt better if i said he compares to Stewart Bradley out of Nebraska?

Don Vito
10-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Herzlich has been special since his freshman year. He won't come out this year but I think he will be a first rounder next year, he just doesn't get much hype. I don't think he's limited to a 3-4 either but he is very good at getting to the QB. Herzy has all the tools and with Toal out for the year and heading to the NFL next year, he and the rest of the BC defense will really start getting more attention.

SuperKevin
10-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Do you have to make a new thread about every player that pops into your head?

Solomon
10-23-2008, 03:12 PM
How is he in coverage? How well does he tackle in the open field?

illmatic74
10-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Drop the racism.

Clint Sintim is the real backer who plays like Mike Vrable

Mark Herzlich plays and looks like Jason Taylor.

OMG white to black and black to white I didn't just go there
Players over the years who have been compared to Vrabel
Bobby Carpenter
Chris Long
Brian Cushing
Mark Hezlrich
Matt Mccoy
Jason Babin
It is not a racial statement I am saying you need to think of better comparisons. It has become some of those overdone comparisons like Vick, Farve, etc.

awfullyquiet
10-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Both guys can get to the Qb, play standing up or in a 3 pt stance and they play just down the road from each other, thus the comparison. Would you have felt better if i said he compares to Stewart Bradley out of Nebraska?

The better question is: can he play tight end?

Babylon
10-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Players over the years who have been compared to Vrabel
Bobby Carpenter
Chris Long
Brian Cushing
Mark Hezlrich
Matt Mccoy
Jason Babin
It is not a racial statement I am saying you need to think of better comparisons. It has become some of those overdone comparisons like Vick, Farve, etc.

Is it the white issue that bothers you or the Vrabel issue because it seems to have hit a hot button?

awfullyquiet
10-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Is it the white issue that bothers you or the Vrabel issue because it seems to have hit a hot button?

quit being so black and answer MY question why don't you.

Babylon
10-23-2008, 05:56 PM
quit being so black and answer MY question why don't you.

My guess is he cant play tightend but might not be a bad idea when they get down close to the goal line.

illmatic74
10-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Is it the white issue that bothers you or the Vrabel issue because it seems to have hit a hot button? No my problem is overused comparison remember when and 3 technique DT who was breathing and could get into a 3 point stance was some how the next Sapp.

Solomon
10-23-2008, 11:59 PM
How is he in coverage? How well does he tackle in the open field?

Is anybody going to try to answer my question or is this thread going to get locked first?

awfullyquiet
10-24-2008, 12:06 AM
My guess is he cant play tightend but might not be a bad idea when they get down close to the goal line.

I think you need to quit posting in this thread.

awfullyquiet
10-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Is anybody going to try to answer my question or is this thread going to get locked first?

Both things to improve on. Good, not great. Should be getting more tackles with Toal out and we'll see what happens when the tackles move to his side.

What really has me interested is how his pursuit is. Between that and his motor. Both are fantastic.

etk
10-24-2008, 09:29 AM

He's very good in coverage. He can run with receivers and is fluid in his drops. On 3rd and long BC occasionally splits him wide over the #2, obviously showing how much of an asset he is to their coverage D.

He is a good open-field tackler. He has the speed and range to get to the outside, break down and make the tackle.

This guy is basically a thoroughbred football player. He does everything that's asked of him and he does it all well. He's 6'4 with a huge frame and plays with outstanding motor and intensity. He's a definite first round pick IMO. A zillion times better than Brian Cushing.

Babylon
10-24-2008, 11:14 AM
I think you need to quit posting in this thread.

Why's that?

Don Vito
10-24-2008, 03:27 PM
He performed very well with Toal out last year, he should be able to do it again with Toal done for the season. I really do think he will be a top LB prospect next year, etk hit the nail on the head with his post.

eaglesalltheway
10-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Do you have to make a new thread about every player that pops into your head?

Personally I like it. You cvan never vbe too prepared for the future. It is nice to shift focus a little further every once in a while.

Race for the Heisman
10-25-2008, 01:55 PM
The little bit I saw of him reminded me of Lance Briggs. A well-rounded player who plays downhill and makes a lot of tackles before the opponent can move the ball too far down the field. That said, I haven't seen as much of him as I want to.

Babylon
10-25-2008, 02:23 PM
He's very good in coverage. He can run with receivers and is fluid in his drops. On 3rd and long BC occasionally splits him wide over the #2, obviously showing how much of an asset he is to their coverage D.

He is a good open-field tackler. He has the speed and range to get to the outside, break down and make the tackle.

This guy is basically a thoroughbred football player. He does everything that's asked of him and he does it all well. He's 6'4 with a huge frame and plays with outstanding motor and intensity. He's a definite first round pick IMO. A zillion times better than Brian Cushing.

I think he has a long way to go to be in a class with Cushing.

etk
10-25-2008, 05:59 PM

Then we look for different things in linebackers. Cushing is one of the stiffest "1st round-caliber" players I've ever seen, regardless of position. I can't see him excelling at any position in the NFL, and I think Matthews is a better prospect on USC.

Babylon
10-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Then we look for different things in linebackers. Cushing is one of the stiffest "1st round-caliber" players I've ever seen, regardless of position. I can't see him excelling at any position in the NFL, and I think Matthews is a better prospect on USC.

Cushing is a pretty fluid player for a guy 250lbs. Or did you mean he's a stiff?

etk
10-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Cushing is a pretty fluid player for a guy 250lbs. Or did you mean he's a stiff?

I meant he doesn't change directions well...not fluid. I understand he's a big, heavy guy, but I think he's too jacked up and it will cost him in the open field and in coverage at the next level.

Babylon
11-22-2008, 03:46 PM
May be playing some of the best defensive football in the country right now. Was the best player in the game against Florida St. and hasn't missed a beat today against Wake. With the risk of injury in this sport i'm not sure why he would come back for his senior year in 2009.

bored of education
11-22-2008, 03:49 PM
top 25 pick next year. aboslute beast of a 3-4 olb in my eyes!

Babylon
11-22-2008, 03:55 PM
top 25 pick next year. aboslute beast of a 3-4 olb in my eyes!

Was that before the last pick or after? This guy is nuts if he doesn't come out. He's reminding more and more of an Adalius Thomas out there.

bored of education
11-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Was that before the last pick or after? This guy is nuts if he doesn't come out. He's reminding more and more of an Adalius Thomas out there.

since i saw him play against vtech this year

keylime_5
11-22-2008, 04:25 PM
How about we focus on the football player.

And forget about pro comparisons for a second, the kid compared to his peers is elite, I see little reason why he could not be a great OLB in a 3/4 defense or any defense for that matter.

Rarely are there linebacker prospects than can rush the passer like he can who are not speed edge rushers as a down DE.

i've not seen him play this year, but I saw he only has like 1 sack this year. You know Mike Vrabel had 14 sacks his senior year and was an everydown DE in college. This guy seems kinda smallish for a 3-4 OLB, and usually 3-4 OLBs in the NFL are some of the best athletes on a defense. Is he that athletic? I tend to think he'd be better off in a 4-3 as an OLB who can blitz or maybe a 3-4 ILB.

etk
11-22-2008, 04:32 PM
i've not seen him play this year, but I saw he only has like 1 sack this year. You know Mike Vrabel had 14 sacks his senior year and was an everydown DE in college. This guy seems kinda smallish for a 3-4 OLB, and usually 3-4 OLBs in the NFL are some of the best athletes on a defense. Is he that athletic? I tend to think he'd be better off in a 4-3 as an OLB who can blitz or maybe a 3-4 ILB.

-His sack numbers are low because he usually drops into zone coverage. He drops DEEP too a lot of the time
-He has a big frame, although a bit narrow. 250 would not be a stretch.
-He's a terrific athlete. He could play any linebacker position, similar to Adalius Thomas as previously mentioned. He doesn't have any weak points to his game, although I don't think he'd fare too well as a plugging MLB. He's too lanky right now.

CashmoneyDrew
11-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Haven't seen this guy play this year but have heard plenty of good things about him. I see you guys talking about him being a 3-4 OLB in the pros. Can anyone tell me why, because I thought he was a 4-3 ILB in BC's scheme.

Babylon
11-22-2008, 04:35 PM

Got his 4th and 5th int today (so far) and he's out there covering in space at 6-4 and about 250+ lbs. I think Vrabel played more as a DE right? I would think he could play inside in a 3-4 like or outside in a 4-3. The guy is out of his mind if he doesnt come out this year. He outplayed Everett Brown last week and is outplaying Aaron Curry today.

Babylon
11-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Haven't seen this guy play this year but have heard plenty of good things about him. I see you guys talking about him being a 3-4 OLB in the pros. Can anyone tell me why, because I thought he was a 4-3 ILB in BC's scheme.

I think he would project outside because he was a very good pass rusher in his early days there at BC, very quick feet. He went around the Wake OT today like he wasnt even there.

Etk, as much as it pains me to say he may be a better prospect than Cushing and i don't say that easily.

Vox Populi
11-22-2008, 04:45 PM
If this guy ever fills out that frame some more and with a pro fitness plan that will probably happen, he is like a Brian Urlacher clone in terms of his coverage skills.

I've seen him three times this year so far. Don't have today's game unfortunately, but he was a beast in the last one I watched against Florida State. He made plays all over the field.

Babylon
11-22-2008, 04:51 PM
If this guy ever fills out that frame some more and with a pro fitness plan that will probably happen, he is like a Brian Urlacher clone in terms of his coverage skills.

I've seen him three times this year so far. Don't have today's game unfortunately, but he was a beast in the last one I watched against Florida State. He made plays all over the field.

I think the only negative i would find is he seems to have that Mike Mamula build. I dont think Mamula was as flexible as this guy out in space though and he was limited to a DE in the pros.

thebow305
11-22-2008, 05:42 PM

Agreed. That was a ludicrous statement. Cushing is on a whole nother level.

Babylon
11-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Agreed. That was a ludicrous statement. Cushing is on a whole nother level.

They're both playing great football, Cushing is probably better in sideline pursuit Herzlich probably better covering in space. Herzlich should think about coming out i don't really see any advantage by staying another year.

SenorGato
11-22-2008, 09:21 PM

Yea, I was going to mention how sick this guy is in coverage.

I think if he plays in a 3-4, he plays inside.

I think the guy I'd compare most to Vrabel is Greg Hardy...but he's way more athletic.

Gay Ork Wang
11-23-2008, 06:22 AM
Herzlich means heartily or sincere in german!

BufFan71
11-23-2008, 07:11 AM
hes a moster
he can rush the passer, and he play pass defense well
and he makes plays

he also has all that face paint to make him look like a beast.
http://www.nytimes.com/images/blogs/thequad/herzlich.JPG

STARHEATHER
11-24-2008, 09:34 PM
he paints his face

Ozzy
11-24-2008, 09:43 PM
I agree, really it would be quite dumb to stay another year. He could not really improve his stock by staying, only hurt it. The buzz around him is quite high right now I am assuming and he has to ride that.

He is a potential 1st round pick, and because of that should go out.

STARHEATHER
11-25-2008, 10:39 PM
im smelling a not as good as aj hawk clone. and thats not good for a rd 1 potential pick. plus he paints his face. always a red flag

illmatic74
11-25-2008, 10:40 PM
im smelling a not as good as aj hawk clone. and thats not good for a rd 1 potential pick. plus he paints his face. always a red flagWorst post ever.

STARHEATHER
11-25-2008, 10:47 PM
is there something not true? is hawk not awful? does he not paint his face. would you walk into your job with your face painted.it shows theres something not right in his mind. hes a draftable player but a high pick. its going to be a waste. hes not going to be great.

illmatic74
11-25-2008, 10:50 PM
is there something not true? is hawk not awful? does he not paint his face. would you walk into your job with your face painted.it shows theres something not right in his mind. hes a draftable player but a high pick. its going to be a waste. hes not going to be great.That post was even worst.

STARHEATHER
11-25-2008, 10:54 PM
obviously since you cant refute it

illmatic74
11-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Saying a player can't play because he paints his face is beyond absurd. You know who else paints his face Brees, Matt Ryan, Urlacher, Ray Lewis and hundreds of other NFL players. Also A.J Hawk is a very solid NFL player.

STARHEATHER
11-25-2008, 10:59 PM
eyeblack is not painting ones face. youre thinking of chris hovan or chris long. aj hawk is awful. the 5th overall pick in the draft cant stay on the field every down. did you see that game? theyre are awful. huge giant waste pick. point is herzlich is not as good on field or physically

Babylon
11-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Didn't John Randle of the Vikings used to paint his face? Hey if a guy can bring it he can paint his ass for all i care.

As for Herzlich i think he's right at the top of any linebacker list. His ability to get to the QB and be great in coverage is pretty unique in this years class.

STARHEATHER
11-26-2008, 10:06 PM
well if you think hes that type talent it wouldnt matter as m uch. i dont think hes that typetalent. . something is not right with a dude who paints his face. its dumb

Babylon
11-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Playing out of his mind right now. Getting to the QB and picking off passes. Right at the top of my linebacker list that's for sure.

SuperKevin
11-29-2008, 05:30 PM
I'd like to think he'll look at Brian Toal's last few years and that will cause him to declare. He's likely a top 40 selection

Smokey Joe
11-29-2008, 05:32 PM
the more and more I see him, the more and more I think he's the top LB in the nation.

SenorGato
11-29-2008, 05:35 PM
So we're going to start making room for him now?

I'd rank him with Sintim, Spikes, and Brinkley...basically the 4 LBer's who *aren't* overrated (yet).

Babylon
11-29-2008, 05:38 PM
the more and more I see him, the more and more I think he's the top LB in the nation.

That's what i'm saying too.

I think Superkevin is right that he might look at Toal and decide to come out.I know he has stated he's coming back for his senior season but that and 3 bucks around here will get you a tall latte.

STARHEATHER
11-29-2008, 11:24 PM
remember aj hawk. way better athlete. way better player. hes not a great athlete. hes a big dude. not athletic enough to be a star. and please dont say this dude will ever be an nfl edge rusher. too small and too slow. watched vs wake. couldnt beat a blocker in the pass rush

Vikes99ej
11-29-2008, 11:26 PM
blah blah blah

That's very interesting.

STARHEATHER
11-29-2008, 11:34 PM
plus he paints his face thats an automatic 2 rd penalty so since hes already a rd 2-3 caliber player at best i wouldnt pick before rd5 or so

CashmoneyDrew
11-29-2008, 11:38 PM
plus he paints his face thats an automatic 2 rd penalty so since hes already a rd 2-3 caliber player at best i wouldnt pick before rd5 or so

What about if they trim their pubes starmythheatherbusta? How many rounds penalty would that be?

Vikes99ej
11-29-2008, 11:40 PM
What about if they trim their pubes starmythheatherbusta? How many rounds penalty would that be?

Anal bleaching too???

CashmoneyDrew
11-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Anal bleaching too???

Undraftable.

Vikes99ej
11-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Undraftable.

There goes my NFL future.

CashmoneyDrew
11-29-2008, 11:48 PM
There goes my NFL future.

I've still got a shot. It all depends on how starmythheatherbusta answers my question. I'm crossing my fingers!

Babylon
11-29-2008, 11:55 PM
remember aj hawk. way better athlete. way better player. hes not a great athlete. hes a big dude. not athletic enough to be a star. and please dont say this dude will ever be an nfl edge rusher. too small and too slow. watched vs wake. couldnt beat a blocker in the pass rush

Two differant players really, Hawk is a run stopper and can cover half way decent. Herzlich is an outside guy in whatever defense who can get to the Qb and really can cover in space. Right now i would have him at the top of the OLB crop barely over Curry and Cushing.

bored of education
11-30-2008, 11:18 AM
This guy is a play maker. I was at the gamer yesterday and he was in on 90% of the plays. He will stay one more year and be a top 20 pick next year. can play OLB in the 4-3 and 3-4.

Babylon
11-30-2008, 12:02 PM
This guy is a play maker. I was at the gamer yesterday and he was in on 90% of the plays. He will stay one more year and be a top 20 pick next year. can play OLB in the 4-3 and 3-4.

My nephew was there too. Hope you stayed sober. I wouldn't be shocked if he came out. Right now i think when scouts break down what he can do i think he's a top 15 pick. That play on the sidelines where he dove to break up that pass i honesly thought that was a DB the first time i saw it.

Smokey Joe
11-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Yesterday was the only time I really got a chance to see him and I was very impressed. I wish I could have watching him more this season, but now I'm gonna make sure I watch the ACC championship game as well as BC's bowl game. For those of you have been able to watch him a lot, could he be a WILL in the 4-3? I know he is very good at rushing the passer, but he has great coverage skills.

Vox Populi
11-30-2008, 01:28 PM
I think WILL is his best position.

mrambo6390
12-15-2008, 07:29 PM
I've seen him play for three years, and the most noticable difference in his game is how much faster he has become. I think he would make a fantastic ouside linebacker on the NFL level, and is head and shoulders above any other backer I've seen this year. Should probably leave early, and would be a steal after pick 20 or so.

Race for the Heisman
12-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Mark Herzlich - Adalius Thomas

Can play any linebacker spot in any system and do all of them well.

dhp318
12-15-2008, 09:38 PM
well, right now he's playing behind BJ Raji and Ron Brace. Wonder how he'll do without as much protection...

Hokie_Pokie08
12-15-2008, 09:52 PM
well, right now he's playing behind BJ Raji and Ron Brace. Wonder how he'll do without as much protection...

McLaughlin was the bigger beneficiary of those two's play.

renegade
12-15-2008, 10:21 PM

you're nostradumbass!

murdamal86
12-31-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm going to be watching him closely today against Vanderbilt

giantsfan
12-31-2008, 03:56 PM
My biggest gripe with Herzlich is that he's developed technique and an understanding for the linebacker position, unlike kindlezzzz. There by lowering his upside and chance for further evolution. He's no lock 2 win caliber talent and he pants his face and wears an even numbered jersey over 90 while playing LB.

Babylon
12-31-2008, 04:02 PM
My biggest gripe with Herzlich is that he's developed technique and an understanding for the linebacker position, unlike kindlezzzz. There by lowering his upside and chance for further evolution. He's no lock 2 win caliber talent and he pants his face and wears an even numbered jersey over 90 while playing LB.

I know it's New Years eve and all but go easy on the sauce.:)

CashmoneyDrew
12-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Giantsfan change your password, Starheather hacked your account.

giantsfan
12-31-2008, 04:31 PM
Giantsfan change your password, Starheather hacked your account.

No I've just seen the light and know that starheather is always right about everything, except for toothpaste, he doesn't believe in it but I still do, so I am studying the master of truth. Evolution. 2 lock wins championship.

Menardo75
12-31-2008, 05:01 PM
I have been really impressed with him also. I want to see more game film on him before I decide about how good of a backer he actually is, or if he is the product of a prototype 3-4 system.

Babylon
01-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Thought he played well against Vandy, the offense is so dysfunctional now that they have turned into a rather ordinary team and i don't see it getting better next year.

Herzlich just makes plays, gets to the ball and it's usually in a rather angry state. I would say he could play any LB position but probably better as a 3-4 olb due to his great ability in pass coverage. Really no reason for him to stay and probably a steal in the second half of round 1. (San Diego, Detroit, N.E. and Miami would probably want to take notice)

etk
01-01-2009, 01:14 PM
He was out of position/overpursued on a couple of plays.

Not that every college LB does that every so often.

Babylon
01-01-2009, 01:20 PM
He was out of position/overpursued on a couple of plays.

Not that every college LB does that every so often.

I didn't really like the way they used him in that 4-3. Basically they used him in pass coverage. I would have had him coming off the edge more. He'll be a beast in a 3-4. If i were N.E. i'd draft him and play Thomas inside. Last i looked they arent asking me for my opinion though.

hannah73
01-02-2009, 09:36 AM
How could he play 3-4 OLB? Wouldn't he have to gain about 20 pounds? Inside LB in the 3-4? He'd be demolished by taking on linemen, don't you think?

Vrabel is 270 or so. Thomas about 260.

I would think 4-3 OLB, but what do i know.

Babylon
01-02-2009, 10:59 AM
How could he play 3-4 OLB? Wouldn't he have to gain about 20 pounds? Inside LB in the 3-4? He'd be demolished by taking on linemen, don't you think?

Vrabel is 270 or so. Thomas about 260.

I would think 4-3 OLB, but what do i know.

Anyone smart enough to go with a John Hannah referance in his sig is smart in my book.

As for Herzlich's size he looks bigger than his listed 238 and i question whether Vrabel is 270, that aside i think he can easily carry enough weight and keep his mobility to play outside in a 3-4, his pass coverage skills are as good as i've seen for someone that size.

I haven't heard anymore on whether he's staying as he's stated but things start to change around this time of the year. Enlighten me on that if anyone has anything new.

etk
01-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Herzlich definitely has the frame to add a ton of weight. He looks 250 on the field and he could add 10-15 lbs. I wouldn't worry about his size too much.

Adalius Thomas is definitely WAY over 260.

Mr. Stiller
01-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Herzlich definitely has the frame to add a ton of weight. He looks 250 on the field and he could add 10-15 lbs. I wouldn't worry about his size too much.

Adalius Thomas is definitely WAY over 260.

Thomas was like 270 coming out.

Woodley is the only Steelers LB over 246Lbs.

Babylon
01-04-2009, 10:26 PM
On a somewhat related topic it looks like his coach at BC (Jagodzinski) might actually get canned if he interviws with the New York Jets. Regarding Herzlich, why would he want to stay there? I have him as the top 3-4 olb in this draft if he declares.

giantsfan
01-04-2009, 10:29 PM
On a somewhat related topic it looks like his coach at BC (Jagodzinski) might actually get canned if he interviws with the New York Jets. Regarding Herzlich, why would he want to stay there? I have him as the top 3-4 olb in this draft if he declares.

I like Everrette Brown more as 3-4 OLB but Herzlich is a beast, top 3 LB in this draft alongside Curry and Spikes.

Babylon
01-04-2009, 10:49 PM
I like Everrette Brown more as 3-4 OLB but Herzlich is a beast, top 3 LB in this draft alongside Curry and Spikes.

I like Brown but i don't know if he can cover like Herzlich.

giantsfan
01-04-2009, 11:05 PM
I like Brown but i don't know if he can cover like Herzlich.

Not yet, but he's a much pass rusher right now.