PDA

View Full Version : Busting the Myth

iBoldin
10-23-2008, 09:09 PM
So for so long, we have been graced with the man they called "mythbusta" or "starheather", if you frequent XXX. I, as some others, have had the displeasure of trying to reason with the fellow, but to no avail. So, this thread is dedicated to "busting the ultimate myth" that is mythbusta. Not since TheIncredibleDraftDude have we been so enlightened to have an individual such as this one. Enjoy.

1. Jorvorskie Lane is the best Running Back in the Nation. "I hope any doubters got the tape. there may not be a rd 1 tb this year, but lane is the best available tb. just watch the tape. its all there. the cuts, the spin moves, the expoding through the hole, the pass catching, the making people miss in the hole, the standing up dl rushing the passer. the breaking the will of the defense.running stronger late in the game. the red zone lock city prowess. taking 3 guys to tackle him every play. 8 ypc with 3 short td runs."

Don't get me wrong, I like Jorvorskie as much as the next game (however, I don't think I could get a 3 month hard on for a player that mythbusta has obviously experienced), however, Lane is ranked sixth in fullbacks on Scott's rankings, and has been less then impressive, and not even the "feature back" at A&M, IIRC.

Have I also noted that Lane has 21 attempts for a groundbreaking 67 yards, and 1 touchdown, while missing three games? According to mythbusta, players like that don't do well in the NFL. By this logic, Lane should be watching the NFL from his couch within the first three days of preseason. I guess that's 0/1.

2. Brian Johnston is better then Chris Long? "havent heard of too many rooks running with the first team. may be an indictment of the chiefs, but i dont believe so. im confident in pads hes better than chris long. really what vet do they have that "didnt show". some impress early, some dont and never will. i smell steal. well, not for me. had rated very high. 23rd ovrall, 7th round."

Alright, so where do I begin with this one? I'll agree that Brian Johnston was a steal, and he's going to be a good NFL starter one day, but in no way does he compare with the 2nd overall pick. Brian Johnston has accumulated one tackle so far, is second on the depth chart, while Chris Long has double the sacks that Johnston has tackles. Perhaps I'm missing something, but Chris Long has also looked far, far more impressive on the Rams then Johnston has with the Chiefs.

Mythbusta goes 0/2? I think so.

3. Elijah Fields is the best safety behind William Moore. "got him as the #2 safety behind william moore. pot szmoking aside, and hate for wanstedt considered, i think this huge fast safety is one of the players to watch to come out. not much of a student. fields is a big fast safety, and a great football player. expect huge things this year from fields, and expect him to come out. talent wise, a top 15 talent at the safety position. a laron landry type."

Alright. Not much to say here, except that Fields right now is ranked number two on the safety depth chart behind DeCicco (Spelling? I've never heard of him either) and has put up a grand total of nothing so far this season. As myth previously mentioned, he also has been suspended numerous times for pot, yet he has no "character issues" because myth decides who has issues and who doesn't. Another one goes into the "g" file, right myth?

0/3.

4. I'll give you Mythbusta's '08 Draft Big Board.

1. matt ryan
2. calais cambell
3. jonathan stewart
4. ryan clady
5. chris williams
6. branden albert
7. jake long
8 jeff otah
9. quentin groves
10. vernon gholstin
11. rashard mendenhall
12. tyrell johnson
13. drc
14. marcus howard
15. jerrod mayo
16. tyvon branch
17. leodis mckelvin
18. antwun molden
19. brian johnston
20. charles godfrey
21. justin king
22. chad simpson
23. jalen parmele
24. matt forte
25. devin thomas
26. trevor scott
27. kevin smith
28. dejuan morgan
29. desean jackson
30. godser cherilus
31 kevin oconnel

Out of this list, a rough estimation places just 12 in the first round, and overall just 18 in the first day. The rest were UDFA's or late day 2 selections. Of course it's rough, as I didn't want to go through it all. I'll just give it a fail.

0/4.

So for all of you looking for restitution, here it is. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but this needed to be said. Refute all you like.

STARHEATHER
10-23-2008, 09:28 PM
that looks like a pretty good board to me. i think every one of those guys without injuries is playing for their team at the moment including the late rd and ufas. i dont think that was the latest one becuase i think joe flacco was going to the bears at 14 in the final one. but its pretty close. even trevor scott is contibuting. chad simpson is active. jalen parmele is bringing up the rear on the practice squad. theyre all playing except the injureds. glenn dorsey, dmac, long, ellis, rivers, etc, all the ones i dont like are flopping. and jorvorskie lane will be one of the late rd steals of this draft and i see a place for him and im super excited.theyre 2-5 with what theyre doing. brian johnston has been just as effective as chris long, and hes costing about 6.8 million less. thanks for bringing that from another universe. i have nothing to hide. shows just how good i really am. its people that bring no info just follow people around etc that i hope to get away from, but i guess theyre everywhere

Geo
10-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Let's focus on the '09 Draft and its prospects in this forum, please.

This might be better served in the Off-topic forum.

tjsunstein
10-23-2008, 09:33 PM
that looks like a pretty good board to me. i think every one of those guys without injuries is playing for their team at the moment including the late rd and ufas. i dont think that was the latest one becuase i think joe flacco was going to the bears at 14 in the final one. but its pretty close. even trevor scott is contibuting. chad simpson is active. jalen parmele is bringing up the rear on the practice squad. theyre all playing except the injureds. glenn dorsey, dmac, long, ellis, rivers, etc, all the ones i dont like are flopping. and jorvorskie lane will be one of the late rd steals of this draft and i see a place for him and im super excited.theyre 2-5 with what theyre doing. brian johnston has been just as effective as chris long, and hes costing about 6.8 million less. thanks for bringing that from another universe. i have nothing to hide. shows just how good i really am. its people that bring no info just follow people around etc that i hope to get away from, but i guess theyre everywhere

Rivers is not flopping.. He's injured. You say that everyone on your board is doing good aside from the injured but Rivers is flopping? Might wanna check that one genius.

saintsfan912
10-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Sedrick Ellis is flopping? I'm gonna ask you this again. Do you even watch football?

CroomDawgs
10-23-2008, 10:20 PM
IBoldin, plus rep.

Mythabusta, seek help

saintsfan912
10-23-2008, 10:22 PM
IBoldin, plus rep.

Mythabusta, seek help

We have a MSU fan on the boards? Nice!

Mr. Stiller
10-24-2008, 01:18 AM
So for so long, we have been graced with the man they called "mythbusta" or "starheather", if you frequent Football's Future. I, as some others, have had the displeasure of trying to reason with the fellow, but to no avail. So, this thread is dedicated to "busting the ultimate myth" that is mythbusta. Not since TheIncredibleDraftDude have we been so enlightened to have an individual such as this one. Enjoy.

1. Jorvorskie Lane is the best Running Back in the Nation. "I hope any doubters got the tape. there may not be a rd 1 tb this year, but lane is the best available tb. just watch the tape. its all there. the cuts, the spin moves, the expoding through the hole, the pass catching, the making people miss in the hole, the standing up dl rushing the passer. the breaking the will of the defense.running stronger late in the game. the red zone lock city prowess. taking 3 guys to tackle him every play. 8 ypc with 3 short td runs."

Don't get me wrong, I like Jorvorskie as much as the next game (however, I don't think I could get a 3 month hard on for a player that mythbusta has obviously experienced), however, Lane is ranked sixth in fullbacks on Scott's rankings, and has been less then impressive, and not even the "feature back" at A&M, IIRC.

Have I also noted that Lane has 21 attempts for a groundbreaking 67 yards, and 1 touchdown, while missing three games? According to mythbusta, players like that don't do well in the NFL. By this logic, Lane should be watching the NFL from his couch within the first three days of preseason. I guess that's 0/1.

2. Brian Johnston is better then Chris Long? "havent heard of too many rooks running with the first team. may be an indictment of the chiefs, but i dont believe so. im confident in pads hes better than chris long. really what vet do they have that "didnt show". some impress early, some dont and never will. i smell steal. well, not for me. had rated very high. 23rd ovrall, 7th round."

Alright, so where do I begin with this one? I'll agree that Brian Johnston was a steal, and he's going to be a good NFL starter one day, but in no way does he compare with the 2nd overall pick. Brian Johnston has accumulated one tackle so far, is second on the depth chart, while Chris Long has double the sacks that Johnston has tackles. Perhaps I'm missing something, but Chris Long has also looked far, far more impressive on the Rams then Johnston has with the Chiefs.

3. Elijah Fields is the best safety behind William Moore. "got him as the #2 safety behind william moore. pot szmoking aside, and hate for wanstedt considered, i think this huge fast safety is one of the players to watch to come out. not much of a student. fields is a big fast safety, and a great football player. expect huge things this year from fields, and expect him to come out. talent wise, a top 15 talent at the safety position. a laron landry type."

Alright. Not much to say here, except that Fields right now is ranked number two on the safety depth chart behind DeCicco (Spelling? I've never heard of him either) and has put up a grand total of nothing so far this season. As myth previously mentioned, he also has been suspended numerous times for pot, yet he has no "character issues" because myth decides who has issues and who doesn't. Another one goes into the "g" file, right myth?

0/3.

1. matt ryan
2. calais cambell
3. jonathan stewart
4. ryan clady
5. chris williams
6. branden albert
7. jake long
8 jeff otah
9. quentin groves
10. vernon gholstin
11. rashard mendenhall
12. tyrell johnson
13. drc
14. marcus howard
15. jerrod mayo
16. tyvon branch
17. leodis mckelvin
18. antwun molden
19. brian johnston
20. charles godfrey
21. justin king
22. chad simpson
23. jalen parmele
24. matt forte
25. devin thomas
26. trevor scott
27. kevin smith
28. dejuan morgan
29. desean jackson
30. godser cherilus
31 kevin oconnel

Out of this list, a rough estimation places just 12 in the first round, and overall just 18 in the first day. The rest were UDFA's or late day 2 selections. Of course it's rough, as I didn't want to go through it all. I'll just give it a fail.

0/4.

So for all of you looking for restitution, here it is. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but this needed to be said. Refute all you like.

HAHAH he's STARHEATHER?

I don't know how many times I punked him over there at FF.

I can't believe that didn't catch me.

d34ng3l021
10-24-2008, 02:14 AM
Who are you at FF, Mr. Stiller?

Well at least he got his number 1 prospect right. ;)

Mr. Stiller
10-24-2008, 02:23 AM
Who are you at FF, Mr. Stiller?

Well at least he got his number 1 prospect right. ;)

DeeJay. I stick to the Steelers forums.

He was doing this 30 paragraph reasoning why we should trade up to the top 15 to draft Calais Campbell last year.

Zyro_1014
10-24-2008, 02:53 AM
1. matt ryan
2. calais cambell
3. jonathan stewart
4. ryan clady
5. chris williams
6. branden albert
7. jake long
8 jeff otah
9. quentin groves
10. vernon gholstin
11. rashard mendenhall
12. tyrell johnson
13. drc
14. marcus howard
15. jerrod mayo
16. tyvon branch
17. leodis mckelvin
18. antwun molden
19. brian johnston
20. charles godfrey
21. justin king
22. chad simpson
23. jalen parmele
24. matt forte
25. devin thomas
26. trevor scott
27. kevin smith
28. dejuan morgan
29. desean jackson
30. godser cherilus
31 kevin oconnel

\.

Anyone Notice how he doesnt have McFadden anywhere on this board?

TickOffOurBestPlayer
10-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Anyone Notice how he doesnt have McFadden anywhere on this board?

So? Darren McFadden wasn't and isn't a good football player. Same with Glenn Dorsey. At least this mythbusta sees that part. The consensus(media, fans, draftniks) are all wrong on one extreme of the spectrum always overrated players based on hype and mythbusta is all the way on the other end of the spectrum. The real answer to evauluating prospects is somewhere in the middle. I'm not saying I have the answer because no one does I'm just saying people give myth a hard time because he's so extreme one way, but if you think about it all you draftniks and fans are just as extreme the other way.

My board an his had a lot of similarities. Remember a BB should be of how you think a player will turn out in the NFL not where they will be drafted, so the arguement he only had so many 1st rounders is a crap arguement.

My BB
1. Jonathan Stewart
2. Chris Long
3. Sedrick Ellis
4. Jake Long
5. Felix Jones
6. Quentin Groves
7. Jerod Mayo
8. Matt Ryan
9. Orlando Scandrick
10. Derrick Harvey
11. Brandon Albert
12. Martellus Bennett
13. Kenny Phillips
14. Ryan Clady
15. Pierre Garcon
16. Keith Rivers
17. Chris Johnson
18. Chris Ellis
19. Brandon Carr
20. Beau Bell
21. Rashard Mendenhall
22. Vernon Gholston
23. Leodis McKelvin
24. Dominique Rodgers Cromartie
25. Jeff Otah
26. Aqib Talib
27. Kevin Smith
28. Devin Thomas
29. Phillip Merling
30. Alex Hall
31. Kendall Langford

illmatic74
10-24-2008, 09:25 AM
So for so long, we have been graced with the man they called "mythbusta" or "starheather", if you frequent Football's Future. I, as some others, have had the displeasure of trying to reason with the fellow, but to no avail. So, this thread is dedicated to "busting the ultimate myth" that is mythbusta. Not since TheIncredibleDraftDude have we been so enlightened to have an individual such as this one. Enjoy.

0/3.

1. matt ryan
2. calais cambell
3. jonathan stewart
4. ryan clady
5. chris williams
6. branden albert
7. jake long
8 jeff otah
9. quentin groves
10. vernon gholstin
11. rashard mendenhall
12. tyrell johnson
13. drc
14. marcus howard
15. jerrod mayo
16. tyvon branch
17. leodis mckelvin
18. antwun molden
19. brian johnston
20. charles godfrey
21. justin king
22. chad simpson
23. jalen parmele
24. matt forte
25. devin thomas
26. trevor scott
27. kevin smith
28. dejuan morgan
29. desean jackson
30. godser cherilus
31 kevin oconnel

0/4.

So for all of you looking for restitution, here it is. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but this needed to be said. Refute all you like.It seems like measurables are the only thing that count in his book

Bengals1690
10-24-2008, 09:32 AM
So? Darren McFadden wasn't and isn't a good football player. Same with Glenn Dorsey. At least this mythbusta sees that part. The consensus(media, fans, draftniks) are all wrong on one extreme of the spectrum always overrated players based on hype and mythbusta is all the way on the other end of the spectrum. The real answer to evauluating prospects is somewhere in the middle. I'm not saying I have the answer because no one does I'm just saying people give myth a hard time because he's so extreme one way, but if you think about it all you draftniks and fans are just as extreme the other way.

My board an his had a lot of similarities. Remember a BB should be of how you think a player will turn out in the NFL not where they will be drafted, so the arguement he only had so many 1st rounders is a crap arguement.

My BB
1. Jonathan Stewart
2. Chris Long
3. Sedrick Ellis
4. Jake Long
5. Felix Jones
6. Quentin Groves
7. Jerod Mayo
8. Matt Ryan
9. Orlando Scandrick
10. Derrick Harvey
11. Brandon Albert
12. Martellus Bennett
13. Kenny Phillips
14. Ryan Clady
15. Pierre Garcon
16. Keith Rivers
17. Chris Johnson
18. Chris Ellis
19. Brandon Carr
20. Beau Bell
21. Rashard Mendenhall
22. Vernon Gholston
23. Leodis McKelvin
24. Dominique Rodgers Cromartie
25. Jeff Otah
26. Aqib Talib
27. Kevin Smith
28. Devin Thomas
29. Phillip Merling
30. Alex Hall
31. Kendall Langford

Not another one!

Mythbusta's arguments are so inconsistent, he will hate a prospect becuase he doesn't have good production, then turn around and have Calias Campbell as his number 2 prospect. Then he will say that Glenn Dorsey is a scrub because the Chiefs have a crappy defense, and turn around and say one of his top prospects is doing great because hes on a practice squad. The only thing that counts for him is height, weight, and 40 time. Hes an idiot.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-24-2008, 09:50 AM
So? Darren McFadden wasn't and isn't a good football player. Hes played pretty well so far.Not at all like a rookie.

TickOffOurBestPlayer
10-24-2008, 10:03 AM
He maybe inconsistant, but like I said just because he's wrong doesn't make you right. At least he understands that not ever first round player is as great as advertised. He's at least making an attempt to find those guys while the mass of draftniks and fans just drink the media outlet koolaid and regurgitate their thoughts as your own. Its sad how few people actually think for themselves in todays world.

saintsfan912
10-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Damn, I guess by the account of some retards in the world, Glenn Dorsey sucks.

illmatic74
10-24-2008, 11:36 AM
He maybe inconsistant, but like I said just because he's wrong doesn't make you right. At least he understands that not ever first round player is as great as advertised. He's at least making an attempt to find those guys while the mass of draftniks and fans just drink the media outlet koolaid and regurgitate their thoughts as your own. Its sad how few people actually think for themselves in todays world. He is not thinking for himself he is just making his opinions to be contrary of everyone else sort of like hipsters. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_(contemporary_subculture)

BrabbitMcRabbit
10-24-2008, 12:37 PM
He also insists that Jarett Dillard is not a gifted football player.

Zyro_1014
10-24-2008, 12:51 PM
i think that mythbusta just made another account so it looks like he has someone who agrees with him....

tjsunstein
10-24-2008, 01:12 PM
i think that mythbusta just made another account so it looks like he has someone who agrees with him....

Sounds likely. I'm done with this thread.

P-L
10-24-2008, 01:46 PM
I checked IP's. TOOBP is not mythbusta.

giantsfan
10-24-2008, 01:58 PM
TOOBP have you read many of mythabusta's arguments? I have no problem having a different evaluation on prospects than the consensus, but have some consistent and logical reasoning behind it, not merely physical attributes and college numbers.

Look a lot of players bust, but a lot of times it isn't the players fault a lot of times early injuries, inconsistent or poor coaching that instills bad habits, poor team-mates which force bad habits, etc. there are a lot of reasons why players bust and why some teams have a lot more busts than others.

A prospects success is the combination of the prospects abilities, intelligence on the field and work ehtic and his team's ability to teach and put their players in the best position to succeed as well as surrounding prospects with the talent they need to succeed.

Saints-Tigers
10-24-2008, 02:46 PM
I checked IP's. TOOBP is not mythbusta.

proxy!!

Sedrick Ellis was beasting.

eaglesalltheway
10-24-2008, 03:47 PM
The title should be changed to "Busting heather"

Do it.

Do it now!

giantsfan
10-24-2008, 03:52 PM
The title should be changed to "Busting heather"

Do it.

Do it now!

Immature, no? :D

10-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I honestly almost puked reading most of this thread. ugh.

brat316
10-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Hey fellas stop neg repping him he is catching up to me we can't have that. I do it the honest way of getting neg rep, he just gets it by being annoying.

P-L
10-24-2008, 04:12 PM
proxy!!

Sedrick Ellis was beasting.
No, I know who TOOBP is and he is not mythbusta.

Mr. Stiller
10-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Hey fellas stop neg repping him he is catching up to me we can't have that. I do it the honest way of getting neg rep, he just gets it by being annoying.

Then why odn't you be annoying?