PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes busted with Weed.

Mr. Stiller
10-24-2008, 12:28 AM
http://www.wpxi.com/news/17791739/detail.html

"Vogel said Holmes was very cooperative, respectful and wasn’t impaired. He thinks that should be taken into account when it comes to any potential action taken against him by the Steelers and the NFL."

I'm expecting a 1 game fine. Question is. When?

Jones was busted in July and just now suspended....

and Faulk got a 1 game suspension for a very similar offense..

"To start the 2008 season, Faulk was given a one-game suspension for violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. It was reported that he was found to be in possession of marijuana while attending a Lil' Wayne concert"

Shane P. Hallam
10-24-2008, 12:30 AM
It will depend. If this is his first offense, you may not see a suspension.

Vikes99ej
10-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Is my mind fooling with me, or has Holmes had some kind of legal trouble before?

Mr. Stiller
10-24-2008, 12:38 AM
Is my mind fooling with me, or has Holmes had some kind of legal trouble before?

He got busted "Jaywalking" his first trip to the city after he got here...

Other than that... no trouble.

Just don't google "Santonio Holmes" without the "Bad picture" filter on.

illmatic74
10-24-2008, 12:41 AM
A profesional athlete caught with weed thats new

holt_bruce81
10-24-2008, 12:47 AM
Damn, I think he'll get suspended.

smittyjs
10-24-2008, 12:59 AM
He got busted "Jaywalking" his first trip to the city after he got here...

Other than that... no trouble.

Just don't google "Santonio Holmes" without the "Bad picture" filter on.
I just had to and now i wished i had listen to you.......:eek: thats messed up LOL

Mr. Stiller
10-24-2008, 01:02 AM
I just had to and now i wished i had listen to you.......:eek: thats messed up LOL

HAHA I knew someone would.

Jealous? That has to be an illegal weapon possession.

d34ng3l021
10-24-2008, 01:03 AM
Suspension for having weed is ridiculous. I know they have to stay professional and all, but honestly after I passed my drug test...

awfullyquiet
10-24-2008, 01:05 AM
HAHA I knew someone would.

Jealous? That has to be an illegal weapon possession.

he has NO waist.

Mr. Stiller
10-24-2008, 01:07 AM
he has NO waist.

Out of the whole picture the only thing you saw was no waist?

awfullyquiet
10-24-2008, 01:09 AM
Out of the whole picture the only thing you saw was no waist?

no. i saw wang. but. i was more frightend of the fact that the dude is shaped like a lady.

skinny waist, big hips, big chest. i bet he's at least 40-26-36...

Mr. Stiller
10-24-2008, 01:12 AM
no. i saw wang. but. i was more frightend of the fact that the dude is shaped like a lady.

TO isn't much better...

http://rodonline.typepad.com/rodonline/images/terrell_owens_france.jpg

In fact, That looks more Alien than anything I've ever seen.

TitleTown088
10-24-2008, 01:35 AM

skinny waist, big hips, big chest. i bet he's at least 40-26-36... Girls don't like skinny waists? Looks like I'm not good at a 33. :(

Bruce Banner
10-24-2008, 01:37 AM
He's obviously post-op.

Gay Ork Wang
10-24-2008, 01:46 AM

u saw me??

yourfavestoner
10-24-2008, 03:33 AM
Haters...
(not you guys)

Go_Eagles77
10-24-2008, 05:57 AM
Should be legal anyway.

Gay Ork Wang
10-24-2008, 06:20 AM
id edit that, could be an infraction for politic or promotin legal substance

Edit: tried to warn ya

diabsoule
10-24-2008, 06:41 AM
Before this gets out of hand:

13. Do not discuss topics/issues that promote or condone breaking the law.

a) This includes pirating and copyright violations.
b) This includes illegal drugs.
c) There are 6 million other websites for that, probably with many more sympathetic users. Again, go there, discuss.
d) This includes animal cruelty. You're not shocking and you're not interesting because you can gross people out or offend them. Stop it.

AkiliSmith
10-24-2008, 07:17 AM
Johnathan Joseph was suspended for 1 or 2 games for weed on his first violation.

10-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Should be legal anyway.

Do some of you ever learn ?

As for Santonio, one game suspension is appropriate considering his apparently clean record and cooperation with authorities in this case.

brat316
10-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Mike Patterson got caught with under 50 grams. Nothing happened to him. Only way he gets suspension is, if hes in the substance abuse program or the "random" drug test he took have came back positive.

AkiliSmith
10-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Mike Patterson got caught with under 50 grams. Nothing happened to him. Only way he gets suspension is, if hes in the substance abuse program or the "random" drug test he took have came back positive.
Or if he gets traded to the Bengals

brat316
10-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Or if he gets traded to the Bengals

true statement,

Most players on the Bengals get Suspended
Suspended players are Bengals players.

So
a) Are all Bengals players suspened
B) Most of the Bengals players are suspended sometime
C) If your a Bengals player your asking for it.

Jughead10
10-24-2008, 10:18 AM
I think the thing the commisioner is looking for is for teams to police their own players. I bet if the Steelers fine him and suspend him one game, doesn't even have to be this week, the commisioner will not get involved.

Canadian_draft_fan
10-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Mr. Goodel, Please suspend Santonio Holmes for the Redskins game. That is all.

Edit: apparently Holmes has had some other run-ins with the law since being drafted by the Steelers:
http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081024.wsptsteelers1024/GSStory/GlobeSportsFootball/home

Number 10
10-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Looks like Tomlin is deactivating Holmes for the game.

giantsfan
10-24-2008, 01:39 PM
I thought Pennsylvania as a state were major dicks about nug? My frat was driving down to our pennstate chapter for their beach party and a bunch of people there told me to be extra shady.

Anyways it sucks that he'll be getting suspended, but that's why you've gotta have one dude smoking a cigarette when your smoking so if you get pulled over have one more person light a fresh square if you time it right by the time the cop walks up to the car your car will smell of cigarettes and not weed.

giantsfan
10-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Looks like Tomlin is deactivating Holmes for the game.

Please omit my previous rant, marijuana is causing the downfall of american society and this demon should be suspended for the giants game without question. ;)

Babylon
10-24-2008, 02:16 PM

I thought there was something leading up to the draft when he came out but not sure if it was weed. It might have been him having a bunch of kids and not being married (not an offense last time i looked).

Smooth Criminal
10-24-2008, 02:31 PM
I completely agree with the decision to bench Holmes this week. Mainly because this is his third arrest since being drafted.

But I hope the commish looks at this when deciding how long and if to suspend Holmes. I don't think it would be fair to give him a full 4 games since the Steelers were proactive enough to sit him down themselves.

I like the way the Steelers handled this one much better than other cases such as the Matt Jones case.

Mr. Stiller
10-24-2008, 03:13 PM
I thought there was something leading up to the draft when he came out but not sure if it was weed. It might have been him having a bunch of kids and not being married (not an offense last time i looked).

1) He was ticketed for "walking on a road" In Miami when he walked past a club because there was a huge mob of people on the Sidewalk. Instead of trying to walk through them, he and his 2 friends hopped on the road to walk around.

2) His g/f (3 kids to) Called police saying he slapped her. Holmes and his oldest child both told the police it didn't happen, she later dropped the charges as 2 of the 3 people involved didn't match her story.

3) Weed in his car. Stopped for having a "Dark SUV with out of state plates" and when asked, offered his weed up to the cops.

His first 2 weren't offenses the league should worry about and this last one Tomlin is sitting him out against the Giants.

Giants should have an easy game.

We're out: #1/#2 RBs, #2CB, #1LT, #1 WR, #1 LDE, #1 RG.

Aaron Smith is out for personal reasons.
Bryant McFadden is out with a broken arm.
Parker is out because of his knee.
Mendenhall is out because of his shoulder.
Marvel is out with Back Spasms.
Holmes is out because of Weed.

yourfavestoner
10-24-2008, 04:09 PM
WTF? The reason the cop pulled him over was because he had a "dark SUV with out of state plates?" Jesus Christ...

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-24-2008, 04:20 PM
WTF? The reason the cop pulled him over was because he had a "dark SUV with out of state plates?" Jesus Christ...

Sounds like a classic DWB to me.

Brent
10-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Sounds like a classic DWB to me.
That wouldnt be surprising at all.

Mr. Stiller
10-24-2008, 04:35 PM

They were supposedly looking for a "Dark SUV with out of state plates trafficking large amounts of Narcotics".

That was my thinking too, but I didn't want to say anything.

I got pulled over the other day... Apparently there was suspicion that some guy driving a white car might have had a large amount of drugs in their car.

I'm going to start calling Tiplines. "Dude some guy in a black sedan has drugs". I'm sure after 50 misses I'll get lucky.

giantsfan
10-24-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm going to start calling Tiplines. "Dude some guy in a black sedan has drugs". I'm sure after 50 misses I'll get lucky.

People who do that deserve to be shot in the dick.

Mr. Stiller
10-24-2008, 04:54 PM
People who do that deserve to be shot in the dick.

Why not? I mean, think about it. Police just randomly pull people over because they meet the vaguest descriptions ever.

giantsfan
10-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Why not? I mean, think about it. Police just randomly pull people over because they meet the vaguest descriptions ever.

Which is why I hate the people who give them crappy vague descriptions to pull over more people randomly.

Mr. Stiller
10-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Which is why I hate the people who give them crappy vague descriptions to pull over more people randomly.

I agree fully, i'm just making fun of the situation.

giantsfan
10-24-2008, 05:22 PM
I agree fully, i'm just making fun of the situation.

But in the process you'd be continuing this major problem of people talking to the police. You'd be committing an offense punishable by dick shot, granted AQ would have to do it as it's not cool for a guy to shoot another guy in the dick, but whatevs.

awfullyquiet
10-24-2008, 05:52 PM
But in the process you'd be continuing this major problem of people talking to the police. You'd be committing an offense punishable by dick shot, granted AQ would have to do it as it's not cool for a guy to shoot another guy in the dick, but whatevs.

No. I'd just say: 'we donate it to science!'

giantsfan
10-24-2008, 06:24 PM
No. I'd just say: 'we donate it to science!'

Dude that's not cool, guys don't shot other guys in the dick.

Loggerhead
10-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Weak. I love the fact that we bench him then don't do **** when James Harrison was arrested earlier this offseason.

dunagan15
10-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Flat out dumb, he is a professional athlete, you would think he could sacrifice weed for 10 years(not that this is the case for any) to make millions.