PDA

View Full Version : the Ted Thompson lovestravaganza

Vince Lombardi
03-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Let us use this thread to praise TT in all his glory.

From high up on his perch TT patiently waits like a hawk to pounce upon his prey.
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8862/010206thompsonxf6.jpg

sik wit it
03-02-2007, 06:42 PM
epic thread, good idea. The man is brilliant and I wish I could have him make some of my decisions because he is so damn good.

jackalope
03-02-2007, 06:54 PM
i absolutely love him as our GM. the man is a genius, especially after Sherman.

princefielder28
03-02-2007, 07:50 PM
i absolutely love him as our GM. the man is a genius, especially after Sherman.

Everyone is brilliant compared to Sherman, except Matt Millen, but TT has a plan and he seems to be executing it very well :)

Boston
03-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Everyone is brilliant compared to Sherman, except Matt Millen, but TT has a plan and he seems to be executing it very well :)

I agree. I've gotten to the point where i don't even question his decisions anymore.

PACKmanN
03-02-2007, 09:51 PM
TT knows everything and thats why i put my mock draft is who ever TT picks in my sig :)

princefielder28
03-02-2007, 10:07 PM
TT knows everything and thats why i put my mock draft is who ever TT picks in my sig :)

Ahhhh, you're very clever! :)

Vince Lombardi
03-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Ted Thompson doesn't do pushups, he pushes the world down.

jackalope
03-03-2007, 11:14 AM
no matter who TT picks i will feel that we had a great draft because he certainly knows what he's doing.

princefielder28
03-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Ted Thompson doesn't do pushups, he pushes the world down.

TT > Chuck Norris

Vince Lombardi
03-03-2007, 01:34 PM
TT > Chuck Norris

fo sho.

I really like TT's approach to free agency. He tends to stay out of the crazy bidding wars at the beginning and then he swoops in and gets some solid players at reasonable deals.

princefielder28
03-03-2007, 01:40 PM
fo sho.

I really like TT's approach to free agency. He tends to stay out of the crazy bidding wars at the beginning and then he swoops in and gets some solid players at reasonable deals.

yes; he doesn't feel the need to go on a spending spree whenever he gets a little spending cash

beef
03-03-2007, 01:51 PM
i'm interested to see what he does when we're only a piece or two away.

tjsunstein
03-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Honestly I think we're only a couple pieces away now. After the draft and FA we should be set.

princefielder28
03-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Honestly I think we're only a couple pieces away now. After the draft and FA we should be set.

The only pieces of the puzzle missing are RB, WR, TE, S and the Packers are potentially Super Bowl contenders given the rest of the NFC

ny10804
03-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Why Ted Thompson is so good:

Cullen Jenkins, 26, entering 4th season
2004: 4.5 sacks, 18 tackles
2005: 3.0 sacks, 37 tackles
2006: 6.5 sacks, 32 tackles
RESULT: 4 year, 16 million dollar contract (4 per year)

DeWayne White, 27, entering 5th season
2004: 6.0 sacks, 30 tackles
2005: 3.0 sacks, 35 tackles
2006: 5.0 sacks, 43 tackles
RESULT: 5 year, 29 million dollar contract (5.8 per year)

* Jenkins' stats in '04 and '05 came at the DT position.

Does any one really think White is worth nearly 2 million more per year? I really like this Jenkins signing.

PACKmanN
03-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Why Ted Thompson is so good:

Cullen Jenkins, 26, entering 4th season
2004: 4.5 sacks, 18 tackles
2005: 3.0 sacks, 37 tackles
2006: 6.5 sacks, 32 tackles
RESULT: 4 year, 16 million dollar contract (4 per year)

DeWayne White, 27, entering 5th season
2004: 6.0 sacks, 30 tackles
2005: 3.0 sacks, 35 tackles
2006: 5.0 sacks, 43 tackles
RESULT: 5 year, 29 million dollar contract (5.8 per year)

* Jenkins' stats in '04 and '05 came at the DT position.

Does any one really think White is worth nearly 2 million more per year? I really like this Jenkins signing.i do. The only reason we got Jenkins for lest was because he only played DE for 5 games and no one had game flim on him, so its kindy a risk. Plus the Loins need a DE.

ny10804
03-03-2007, 09:14 PM
i do. The only reason we got Jenkins for lest was because he only played DE for 5 games and no one had game flim on him, so its kindy a risk. Plus the Loins need a DE.

They couldn't find game film on him? Despite having played 41 games prior to the switch? I don't buy that. Also, DTs shouldn't be outproducing DEs, as he did this year and last year. He's also younger. As for the Lions needing a DE, I don't see how that's relevant.

GB12
03-03-2007, 09:22 PM
They couldn't find game film on him? Despite having played 41 games prior to the switch? I don't buy that. Also, DTs shouldn't be outproducing DEs, as he did this year and last year. He's also younger. As for the Lions needing a DE, I don't see how that's relevant.

Yeah, this isn't high school ball. If he played in at least one game there is film of him.

neko4
03-04-2007, 06:59 PM
So who does everyone believe was TT's best move.
I'd saying picking up Gado and drafting Hawk

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 08:16 PM

Getting rid of Mike Sherman :)

Player wise drafting greg Jennings

M1Koter
03-06-2007, 03:22 PM
man it's good to be back, I got in an argument with a bunch of idiots on another forum and they said TT was a waste of space because he doesn't spend the money on FA. Then after I proved them wrong, they started saying how the packers shouldn't have let Homgren go, yeah, ok idiots, good to be talking with people who know a thing or two about the packers again

princefielder28
03-06-2007, 04:00 PM
man it's good to be back, I got in an argument with a bunch of idiots on another forum and they said TT was a waste of space because he doesn't spend the money on FA. Then after I proved them wrong, they started saying how the packers shouldn't have let Homgren go, yeah, ok idiots, good to be talking with people who know a thing or two about the packers again

You're Welcome! :)

TitleTown088
03-06-2007, 04:26 PM

I'd actually say getting rid of Gado for morency and drafting the guards would be my favorite.

M1Koter
03-06-2007, 04:54 PM
I'd actually say getting rid of Gado for morency and drafting the guards would be my favorite.

they were no brainers but resigning Kapman and draft AJ

TitleTown088
03-06-2007, 05:42 PM
they were no brainers but resigning Kapman and draft AJ

No brainers? Do you realize how many people railed him for dumping the vet guards?

M1Koter
03-06-2007, 06:36 PM
you lost me here, when did we start talking about them, I thought we were talking about what our favorite TT moves

GB12
03-06-2007, 07:41 PM
http://www.firepackersgm.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=43b0c2fe70fbaa50d6b03d271ba6de98

God I just want to punch them all. I almost signed up to tell them how ******* stupid they are.

neko4
03-06-2007, 07:59 PM
That was stupid, those idiots forget to mention:
AJ Hawk
Jennings
Moll, Spitz and Colledge
Bringing Woodson
8-8

Vince Lombardi
03-06-2007, 09:42 PM
http://www.firepackersgm.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=43b0c2fe70fbaa50d6b03d271ba6de98

God I just want to punch them all. I almost signed up to tell them how ******* stupid they are.

wow, how do people get that stupid? :confused: It seriously makes my head hurt.

TT has been money since before he even came to GB. I like how they all completely ignore the fact that he built the Seahawks into a Super Bowl caliber team with similar strategies as what he has used to rebuild the Packers. Smart GM's know that you build through the draft.

TitleTown088
03-06-2007, 10:04 PM
you lost me here, when did we start talking about them, I thought we were talking about what our favorite TT moves

Yeah, one of my fav was dumping the two vet guards for the young ones we have now. Saved alot of money, and I'd rather have them anyways.

Mwkick
03-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Time will tell gentlemen. I'm a huge packer fan and I know that I'm going to get a lot of flack for this post. But it seems like everyone just jumped on board once the pack started winning. The 8-8 record is inflated. I think it's a little false hope. I don't think the packers r that close to a title. Their defense was one of only a few that went the entire year with having only one starter miss a game. They lack depth and one or two injuries and they are right back to where they started. Their safeties are a mess. Their tackling isn't solid. I'm still nto sold on their d-ends either. And Manuel was a bust to say the least.
Their offense lacks weapons. I love McCarthy's creativity. But at times he tries to get too cute. Their o-line, as someone mentioned above is average. The only thing that saves them is the fact that they ARE young. It's sad when you constantly have to put your TE in the backfield to provide EXTRA protection.
I hope that another off-season has helped. And the weak NFC will always provide hope, but it's foolish to say TT is great. Let's not forget a guy by the name of Mike Holmgren in Seattle. Don't give full credit to TT there. Holmgren brought Hasslebeck. Without him, they had....Trent Dilfer.
I am frustrated by TT's patience. I agree to not overspend, but there's so much money out there. Why not add a few veterans? Especially at areas of need. I don't even see any RUMORS as to packer visits. Where's Daniel Graham? Oh wait just signed with Denver. Where's a running back other than overrated McGahee??

I hope for a dynasty. And I think we're headed int he right direction. But let's not crown TT jsut yet.

Just my .02 cents.

M1Koter
03-06-2007, 10:37 PM
"Wait, wait - he didn't sign Tony Gonzalez????!?!!!!!

Fire the b-stard!"
what a bunch of idiots, we couldn't dumbass, he got resigned by the cheifs

M1Koter
03-06-2007, 10:38 PM
wow, how do people get that stupid? :confused: It seriously makes my head hurt.

TT has been money since before he even came to GB. I like how they all completely ignore the fact that he built the Seahawks into a Super Bowl caliber team with similar strategies as what he has used to rebuild the Packers. Smart GM's know that you build through the draft.

you are a smart man

Mwkick
03-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Who said anything about tony gonzalas????

I love how you give total credit to TT for Seattle's RECENT success.

TT for prez.............

Mwkick
03-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Ya the Patriots use that strategy. Building through the draft. That's why they are the youngest team in the nfl...oh wait they aren't.

Each team is different. There isn't one way to do things. TT has his strategy. I'm just saying I'm not sold....

cheesehead10790
03-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Ya the Patriots use that strategy. Building through the draft. That's why they are the youngest team in the nfl...oh wait they aren't.

Each team is different. There isn't one way to do things. TT has his strategy. I'm just saying I'm not sold....

Your not sold, Im not sold, and I doubt Brett is either. He wants help and I just wish TT would help him a little. Moss and or McGahee would give us a legit shot this year and wouldnt even max out our cap.

Mwkick
03-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Exactly. And no offense, but I'm not a big fan of McGahee. I don't think he's THAT good...call me crazy. Moss I'd love though. Legitly open up the offense.

Vince Lombardi
03-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Time will tell gentlemen. I'm a huge packer fan and I know that I'm going to get a lot of flack for this post. But it seems like everyone just jumped on board once the pack started winning. The 8-8 record is inflated. I think it's a little false hope. I don't think the packers r that close to a title. Their defense was one of only a few that went the entire year with having only one starter miss a game. They lack depth and one or two injuries and they are right back to where they started. Their safeties are a mess. Their tackling isn't solid. I'm still nto sold on their d-ends either. And Manuel was a bust to say the least.
Their offense lacks weapons. I love McCarthy's creativity. But at times he tries to get too cute. Their o-line, as someone mentioned above is average. The only thing that saves them is the fact that they ARE young. It's sad when you constantly have to put your TE in the backfield to provide EXTRA protection.
I hope that another off-season has helped. And the weak NFC will always provide hope, but it's foolish to say TT is great. Let's not forget a guy by the name of Mike Holmgren in Seattle. Don't give full credit to TT there. Holmgren brought Hasslebeck. Without him, they had....Trent Dilfer.
I am frustrated by TT's patience. I agree to not overspend, but there's so much money out there. Why not add a few veterans? Especially at areas of need. I don't even see any RUMORS as to packer visits. Where's Daniel Graham? Oh wait just signed with Denver. Where's a running back other than overrated McGahee??

I hope for a dynasty. And I think we're headed int he right direction. But let's not crown TT jsut yet.

Just my .02 cents.

First of all I've always been a TT supporter, I was one of the only ones on this site who stood up for him when he first came to GB, even most of the GB fans here wanted his head without giving him a chance. It was clear to me that his plan was to cut lose all of the overpaid underperforming veterans that the Packers roster had become bloated with under the Sherman regime and begin a much needed infusion of youth and talent. Don't get me wrong, Sherman was a great coach, but in his final years he did a real number on the roster and left us hurting. Everybodies first knock on TT is that he dismantled a playoff team. The reality is that we could have probably made the playoffs several more times with that roster but we were never real contenders. Sure we had a couple of down years but TT has gotten us to a position where the team is filled with youth, speed, and talent and with another good draft or two and some key free agents we can have a team that can seriously contend and do so for a long time. I have more realistic expectations than some here, I think GB is still a few years away from contending and probably at least another year away from even making the playoffs. Like you said we need quality depth at several positions as well as quality starters at SS, RB, OLB, TE, and FB. I'm not so sure we can get all the pieces this year. It is frustrating at times but I'm really glad that TT isn't spending outrageous amounts of money on guys that just aren't worth it.

Vince Lombardi
03-06-2007, 11:04 PM

I never said there's only one way to build a team. The Patriots are as successful as they are because they have one of the greatest coaches ever and a great QB. Take away Belichicks great football mind and that roster isn't all that impressive. He runs complex schemes so he needs veterans who are smart and can understand and execute them rather than young athletic playmakers who may not play within the scheme as well. Most coaches aren't on Belichicks level though and wouldn't be nearly as successful in NE as he is.

M1Koter
03-07-2007, 10:26 AM

they still built that team thorugh the draft, it's not an over night process, it takes years, but after those years and years of all those guys playing together, they become really good. Thats why they won 3 out 4 years

M1Koter
03-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Who said anything about tony gonzalas????

I love how you give total credit to TT for Seattle's RECENT success.

TT for prez.............

my bad, I got that off of that firepackersgm.com link, thought it was funny

jackalope
03-07-2007, 06:32 PM

God I just want to punch them all. I almost signed up to tell them how ******* stupid they are.wow, that's incredibly stupid.

M1Koter
03-07-2007, 07:08 PM
wow, that's incredibly stupid.

lets just hope non of them find this forum

princefielder28
03-07-2007, 07:13 PM
lets just hope non of them find this forum

I hope you're right!

PACKmanN
03-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Overpaying for Free Agents, so easy a caveman can do it. - PACKmanN

what do u guys think?

johbur
03-11-2007, 12:30 AM
I am loving what TT is doing with building the team for year Number two heading into year #3.

His first year, I thought he sabotaged Sherman by his botching of the OG situation and not re-signing Javon Walker long-term. Terrible handling of the line turned into a terrible season. Javon is more a Jajerque, but he still would have been a great addition to the passing game last year, along with Jennings had we gotten him to go with DD.

Last year, I was happy with his FA pickups, Pickett and Woodson had solid years. I was for Manuel then, now I still think we have a hole he created when he let Sharper go. Toss in the special teamers at LB and it was a decent FA season last year. His real home-runs were in the draft. The three OL, Jennings, Hodge and of course Hawk.

Year three I'd like to see him pick up a veteran player like Woodson and front-load the contract and include serious incentive pay, maybe a guy like Grant Wistrom to complete the DE corp, or even add pressure on KGB to get it done or get out. I was really hoping TT would have picked up Randy McMichael, but it wasn't meant to be.The Packers need some talent at the skill positions, so maybe he'll hget the offense working again this year. Depending on Underwood's knee, I'm still looking at upgrading the SS.

I have a lot of faith that TT will be getting it done, in his way, which I love as a fan. It means no stupid contracts for mediocre players (Bobby Wade to Minnesota), arranging the draft to have more players and relying on your scouts to be able to get NFL players from smaller colleges and having success later in the draft, and resigning guys that you really like that are still huge producers (Kampman and Jenkins) versus giving good money to players who had great careers in the past but don't have much potential to improve (Green).

princefielder28
03-11-2007, 10:00 AM
I am loving what TT is doing with building the team for year Number two heading into year #3.

His first year, I thought he sabotaged Sherman by his botching of the OG situation and not re-signing Javon Walker long-term. Terrible handling of the line turned into a terrible season. Javon is more a Jajerque, but he still would have been a great addition to the passing game last year, along with Jennings had we gotten him to go with DD.

Last year, I was happy with his FA pickups, Pickett and Woodson had solid years. I was for Manuel then, now I still think we have a hole he created when he let Sharper go. Toss in the special teamers at LB and it was a decent FA season last year. His real home-runs were in the draft. The three OL, Jennings, Hodge and of course Hawk.

Year three I'd like to see him pick up a veteran player like Woodson and front-load the contract and include serious incentive pay, maybe a guy like Grant Wistrom to complete the DE corp, or even add pressure on KGB to get it done or get out. I was really hoping TT would have picked up Randy McMichael, but it wasn't meant to be.The Packers need some talent at the skill positions, so maybe he'll hget the offense working again this year. Depending on Underwood's knee, I'm still looking at upgrading the SS.

I have a lot of faith that TT will be getting it done, in his way, which I love as a fan. It means no stupid contracts for mediocre players (Bobby Wade to Minnesota), arranging the draft to have more players and relying on your scouts to be able to get NFL players from smaller colleges and having success later in the draft, and resigning guys that you really like that are still huge producers (Kampman and Jenkins) versus giving good money to players who had great careers in the past but don't have much potential to improve (Green).

It takes time but we are certainly heading in the right direction

TitleTown088
03-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Thompson addresses 'owners' at Fan Fest by Korth scout.com

Packers general manager stresses importance of developing from within.

Ted Thompson addressed fans at the Green Bay Packers’ annual Fan Fest this afternoon in the Lambeau Field atrium. While Thompson was not available to reporters, he did answer questions from former Packers center Larry McCarran while taping a television show that will air statewide tonight. Thompson has come under heavy criticism thus far in free agency because he has yet to sign any players to fill vacancies left by running back Ahman Green, who signed with Houston, fullback William Henderson (released), or tight end David Martin, who signed with the Miami Dolphins. Thompson said that the Packers are “working on some things” regarding free agency, but did not elaborate. Coach Mike McCarthy, who also was a guest on the TV show, said that it is important for the team’s younger players to “step up.” McCarthy also said that 75 players have committed to participate in the team’s off-season workout program, which begins on March 19. McCarthy said that is the most of any team in the league.

Here are Thompson’s responses to questions from McCarren:

On if he is surprised by any of the signings in free agency:

“We’ve expected to have some fairly dramatic deals because of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement and the salary cap. If a team felt like they had to address a particular need, then we felt like there would be some good deals. “We haven’t done anything. We tried to sign Ahman Green and David Martin both, but we didn’t come to an agreement there. We’re still working on some things. Even though we haven’t done anything, or haven’t signed anybody, it doesn’t mean that we’re sitting on our hands. We’re working on it, trying to find the right fit.”

On how he plans to replace Ahman Green:

“First and foremost, we have four young backs on our team that we’re going to try to develop from within. We’ve said it over and over, and Mike and I have talked about this a lot, the best way to become a good, sustaining team, is to develop from within. We’re going to give these guys a shot, and we’re going to bring in some competition for them. You never know what happens in free agency or the draft, but we’re going to count on the guys we have on our team.”

On if Aaron Rodgers is the team’s quarterback of the future?

“Yes, absolutely. Aaron’s working very hard. He’s a fine player. He wants to play, and he understands the position that he’s in. He got injured last year in the only opportunity he had to play, but he’s continued to develop. Mike and I are both very high on him, and he’s going to be a good player.”

On what he can say about trading for Randy Moss:

“You don’t say anything, that’s the best way to do it.”

On how he would characterize the NFL draft:

“We feel very confident that we’ll be able to take a really good player. The key is, ‘Do we know what we’re doing?’ But we know what we’re doing and we’ll get some good players for this team.”

On his thoughts on California RB Marshawn Lynch, whom many speculate the Packers will select with the 16th overall pick:

“He looks like a good player. We just got back from the (NFL) Combine, and a lot of players came through. We’re impressed with this group (of running backs). We feel that the first round is deep enough to take a good player at 16.”

On how far away the Packers are from contending for a Super Bowl title:

“The NFL is a funny business. You can be on the bottom and rise pretty fast. We feel like we’re getting better. We have improved the core of our team. We have some good guys who have brought us some leadership and know their responsibilities. We did pretty good through the course of the season, and it was a tough season because we had some bad games here at Lambeau Field, certainly. We’re going to try to avoid that. We have a chance, as far as predicting, but, again, the best way for us to be successful is for quality improvement from within.”

PACKmanN
03-12-2007, 12:58 AM
McCarthy also said that 75 players have committed to participate in the team’s off-season workout program, which begins on March 19. McCarthy said that is the most of any team in the league.

I like that part, looks like when Pickett said "we want to have the best D in the NFL next year" he ment it.

M1Koter
03-12-2007, 01:27 PM
McCarthy also said that 75 players have committed to participate in the teamís off-season workout program, which begins on March 19. McCarthy said that is the most of any team in the league.

I like that part, looks like when Pickett said "we want to have the best D in the NFL next year" he ment it.

thats what building through the draft and having lots of young, high character guys will do for ya. I love the direction TT is taking this team

princefielder28
03-12-2007, 02:22 PM
thats what building through the draft and having lots of young, high character guys will do for ya. I love the direction TT is taking this team

That's the plan :)

ds8582
03-12-2007, 03:03 PM

I get excited about the future of this team too.

jackalope
03-13-2007, 07:49 PM
McCarthy also said that 75 players have committed to participate in the teamís off-season workout program, which begins on March 19. McCarthy said that is the most of any team in the league.

I like that part, looks like when Pickett said "we want to have the best D in the NFL next year" he ment it.great news. sounds like our team is committed to being great.

princefielder28
03-13-2007, 08:54 PM
great news. sounds like our team is committed to being great.

It takes that little extra to get to the next level

PACKmanN
03-13-2007, 10:30 PM
It takes that little extra to get to the next level

well looks like our D will be better. The problem last year was too many plays didnt show up to camp which ruiden the team. Now that Harris got his contact he will be fine, Woodson is not hurt, Manuel not hurt our secondary will be better.

M1Koter
03-14-2007, 11:20 AM
well looks like our D will be better. The problem last year was too many plays didnt show up to camp which ruiden the team. Now that Harris got his contact he will be fine, Woodson is not hurt, Manuel not hurt our secondary will be better.

they really seemed to clear everything up by the end of the season, I really excited to see what the D will do this year

Vince Lombardi
03-18-2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070318/PKR07/703180855/1989

It's not that Thompson won't spend money in the open market, as evidenced by the signings last year of Charles Woodson and Ryan Pickett. But the 2007 free-agent field had the look of a rundown used-car lot, and it's obvious Thompson won't overpay for a beater.

^^^^This is exactly what I've been saying all along to the people here who are so impatient!

M1Koter
03-18-2007, 11:49 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070318/PKR07/703180855/1989

^^^^This is exactly what I've been saying all along to the people here who are so impatient!

packman's sig says it all, we've really only missed out on Griffith and I guess oakland was more appealing

Vince Lombardi
03-18-2007, 11:53 AM
packman's sig says it all, we've really only missed out on Griffith and I guess oakland was more appealing

Griffith and McMichael were the only two I thought were worth what we could have gotten them for.

princefielder28
03-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Griffith and McMichael were the only two I thought were worth what we could have gotten them for.

Not getting Griffith was a BIG mistake!

Vince Lombardi
03-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Not getting Griffith was a BIG mistake!

I agree, that was dissapointing, but TT made him an offer and he chose OAK instead. Oh well we'll find someone for FB, it's not like Griffith was gonna make or break our team or anything.

M1Koter
03-19-2007, 10:26 AM
I say we all make a bet on how many rookies end up making the team. I know it was something like 17 or something by the end of the season last year. IDK, maybe 12 this year, 10 of them being draft picks

princefielder28
03-19-2007, 10:40 AM
I say we all make a bet on how many rookies end up making the team. I know it was something like 17 or something by the end of the season last year. IDK, maybe 12 this year, 10 of them being draft picks

I'd say 8 to 10

ds8582
03-19-2007, 11:19 AM
I'd say 8 to 10

Thats probably pretty close. I'll go with that too.

johbur
03-19-2007, 10:15 PM
I think that's a good range. I'm taking 9.

TitleTown088
03-27-2007, 03:45 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070327/PKR01/70327121/1989

haha I love this part.... The cakeís done when the cakeís done

PACKmanN
03-27-2007, 04:46 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070327/PKR01/70327121/1989

haha I love this part....

http://scotthamilton.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/homer_drool.jpg

eeeemmmmmmmmmm cake!

princefielder28
03-27-2007, 05:32 PM

haha I love this part....

Thats some great words of wisdom :)

TitleTown088
04-20-2007, 06:08 PM
http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/2710/bildetg2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Reporter: How large do you think Lord Favre's dong is?
Ted: Well, I couldn't tell you for sure, but from what I have heard it's atleased this wide.

princefielder28
04-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Titletown you're losing it with this and then your thread in Off-Topic

TitleTown088
04-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Titletown you're losing it with this and then your thread in Off-Topic

Losing what?

princefielder28
04-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Losing what?

your mind; you're giving out some different angled posts

Vince Lombardi
04-20-2007, 06:35 PM
For gods sakes Titletown, pull it together man!

TitleTown088
04-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Did you guys not read the team forum????? Homosexual behavior towards Brett Favre is encouraged!!

princefielder28
04-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Did you guys not read the team forum????? Homosexual behavior towards Brett Favre is encouraged!!

Can you explain your posts in the Off-Topic then???

cheesehead10790
04-29-2007, 12:06 AM
Hmmm this seems like a good time to bring this sorry thread back.

Now explain why TT is the best GM and knows how to draft?

princefielder28
04-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Hmmm this seems like a good time to bring this sorry thread back.

Now explain why TT is the best GM and knows how to draft?

Sorry I can't do that at this moment

umphrey
04-29-2007, 12:17 AM
TT is really pissing me off on how he seems to evaluate prospects on 75% character, 22% college production and 3% measurables. His picks could work out - everyone he drafted seems to be a potential starter for us, but I am getting really sick of us trading back to let other teams get the big names and passing up other players so we can pick the guy who did the most charity work.

GB12
04-29-2007, 12:20 AM
God, I hate those that are being all pissy about this. It's Ted Thompson, give them a chance! Some of them are head scratchers, but come on look at his past drafts, how did they turn out. The man knows what he is doing.
To all those bitching about the Packers draft *coughprincefieldercough* please shut it. Thompson got the guys he wanted, have you not seen what the guys he wanted in past years have done. Now I can't say I was expecting those picks, hell I didn't even know who James Jones was, but that's Thompson's style. All of them probably won't turn out, but I have a hard time believing that after those very successful drafts he all of a sudden loses his abilities. Harrell was the right pick at 16 given the situation. Olsen didn't warrent to go that high and WR would have been plain stupid. I was thinking Branch at the time, but I actually like Harrell better.

Stop the hating.

Vince Lombardi
04-29-2007, 12:32 AM
TT is really pissing me off on how he seems to evaluate prospects on 75% character, 22% college production and 3% measurables. His picks could work out - everyone he drafted seems to be a potential starter for us, but I am getting really sick of us trading back to let other teams get the big names and passing up other players so we can pick the guy who did the most charity work.

This isn't ******* Madden, you don't draft players based on their name recognition.

Ted knows more about evaluating players than any of us so let him do his damn job. Ya'll did this same ******** last year and cried about every move he made until it was apparent that they were actually good moves and then everybody was all over his jock. :rolleyes:

princefielder28
04-29-2007, 12:34 AM
This isn't ******* Madden, you don't draft players based on their name recognition.

Ted knows more about evaluating players than any of us so let him do his damn job. Ya'll did this same ******** last year and cried about every move he made until it was apparent that they were actually good moves and then everybody was all over his jock. :rolleyes:

The players he drafted were good last year, they were proven against elite competition and they did it for their college careers. Harrell played well his junior year but was injured this year, Jackson really never excelled to the next level like many hoped, and James played solid one year at SAN JOSE STATE

princefielder28
04-29-2007, 12:38 AM
Vince, I am just stating how I feel and I don't think that I should be negatively repped for it. I feel that Ted Thompson made mistakes in this year's draft and I am not going to say that I think he did a fine job when in reality it's a bit shaky.

Vince Lombardi
04-29-2007, 12:45 AM
Vince, I am just stating how I feel and I don't think that I should be negatively repped for it. I feel that Ted Thompson made mistakes in this year's draft and I am not going to say that I think he did a fine job when in reality it's a bit shaky.

You've done nothing but ***** all night and it's gotten extremely old....... thanks for the -rep back though. ;)

princefielder28
04-29-2007, 12:46 AM
You've done nothing but ***** all night and it's gotten extremely old....... thanks for the -rep back though. ;)

hey no problem :)

umphrey
04-29-2007, 12:48 AM

I am simply sick of seeing him draft 1 type of player.

Vince Lombardi
04-29-2007, 09:47 AM
I am simply sick of seeing him draft 1 type of player.

yea, we really need to start bringing in some thugs, enough of these good football players who are good people. :rolleyes:

cheesehead10790
04-29-2007, 12:27 PM
K well even if you assume that his prospects turn out, and that all our trading down was a good thing, why the hell didnt we offer our 4th for Moss. That is a need. TT is way too cheap. Everyone says hes saving it, but for what? He never spends anything. Our key pickup during FA...Frank Walker. Yeaaaa.

Vince Lombardi
04-29-2007, 12:52 PM
K well even if you assume that his prospects turn out, and that all our trading down was a good thing, why the hell didnt we offer our 4th for Moss. That is a need. TT is way too cheap. Everyone says hes saving it, but for what? He never spends anything. Our key pickup during FA...Frank Walker. Yeaaaa.

from all accounts GB did offer a 4th rounder, the problem was that Moss wasn't willing to redo his contract for anybody but NE. As far as spending money on FA's, he proved last year that he's more than willing to if he believes the players are worth it. The FA crop this year was extremely poor and the contracts they were getting were outrageous, not good value at all except for a couple players. He also has dished out some big contracts resigning our own players which is where he prefers to spend the money. You don't spend money just because you have it, there's gotta be value you're getting in return. Also, GB being the small market team that they are, does not have unlimited funds like a Dallas or Washington. We can't afford to just simply outbid everybody for players.

GB12
04-29-2007, 01:02 PM
from all accounts GB did offer a 4th rounder, the problem was that Moss wasn't willing to redo his contract for anybody but NE. As far as spending money on FA's, he proved last year that he's more than willing to if he believes the players are worth it. The FA crop this year was extremely poor and the contracts they were getting were outrageous, not good value at all except for a couple players. He also has dished out some big contracts resigning our own players which is where he prefers to spend the money. You don't spend money just because you have it, there's gotta be value you're getting in return. Also, GB being the small market team that they are, does not have unlimited funds like a Dallas or Washington. We can't afford to just simply outbid everybody for players.

I agree with everything but the last part. Being a small market team doesn't hurt our ability to sign FAs. With the cap we have just as much funds as the big markets.

Vince Lombardi
04-29-2007, 01:21 PM
I agree with everything but the last part. Being a small market team doesn't hurt our ability to sign FAs. With the cap we have just as much funds as the big markets.

With the cap we have just as much room to sign players, not funds. I certainly don't know all the details of the CBA, you'd have to be a lawyer too, but I do know that small market teams were not happy with it because there is still a huge discrepency between the income large market teams are making and what small market teams are making, even with the revenue sharing system currently in place.

GB12
04-29-2007, 01:27 PM
With the cap we have just as much room to sign players, not funds. I certainly don't know all the details of the CBA, you'd have to be a lawyer too, but I do know that small market teams were not happy with it because there is still a huge discrepency between the income large market teams are making and what small market teams are making, even with the revenue sharing system currently in place.

Yeah, but I'm almost positive we have the funds to go up to the cap and beyond. So they have the smae amount to spend. Without the cap we'd be at a huge disadvantage, but with it we are on an equal playing field.

johbur
04-29-2007, 02:22 PM

Yeah, all of TT's moves are good moves, like Corey Rodgers in the 4th last year... If you take TT's schlong outcher mouth, and look objectively at the picks, there are certain truisms from this draft that were not there last draft. TT is not infallible. Maybe you are a short memory guy that was still blowing him when he failed miserably to adress the OG situation two years ago. Remember two years ago? Here's a refresher:
Aaron Rodgers-has played under 60 minutes of ball. Still a solid value pick, though. Back-up

Nick Collins-starter, very solid pick

Terrence Murphy-out of game. Not TT's fault, but players now checked for stenosis

Marviel Underwood-promising, but no production yet, back-up

Brady Poppinga-starter, I don't think he's the long-term answer at SLB

Junius Coston-on roster. I think he gets cut this year. Back-up

Michael Hawkins-Cut
Mike Montgomery-On roster. Could be cut this year given Jenkins' progress, back-up

Craig Bragg-cut
Kurt Campbell-cut
William Whitticker-was starter, got cut
11 players, 2 starters, 4 backups. Yep, he "did his job" in 2005. Then he analyzed where he went wrong and put together a great draft in 2006.

Last year, TT took guys that had 30-40 starts and huge production year after year in college. Look at how many games started by Hawk, Colledge, Hodge, Jennings and Spitz. Look at how many tackles by Hawk and Hodge. Look at how many catches by Jennings. Five starters developed, four backups, one IR, one practice squad, and only one guy cut.

Then look at this year, R1 brings a guy who is a good player at DT, but brings him into a DT situation in which he won't be on the field much as a rookie unless Corey Williams gets hurt. With Jolly and Cole back there, why exactly did the Packers need this kid more than Nelson or Meachem? Going BPA is a good strategy, but someone's getting cut this year that will be on another club next year. Maybe he'll cut Jolly and only lose a 6th rounder from last year, or maybe he's gonna get rid of Cole since he didn't bring him in, which is just stupid.

Next is Brandon Jackson, early entrant. In three years of playing, he was healthy one year. Wow. One year of production. He doesn't have amazing speed, strength or size, but he is coming from the Nebraska ZBS like Ahman Green did, so he at least has the chance to contribute more, if he stays healthy.

No one picked Marques Colston until NO did in R7, so maybe James Jones is like that. Over the course of his collegiate career, started half the games he played in and 70 of his 126 catches over his career coming last year. He is versatile, with some passing and running ability, along with some PR skills. He was not a good value. He would have been available in R5. Clowney would have been better here, and was MUCH better in R5. Who gets cut from the WRs now? DD, Jennings, Fergie, Martin, Holiday, Bodiford, Brewster, Francies, Russell, and now Jones and Clowney, not to mention Koren Robinson in September are all on the roster. If the Packers keep 5, DD, Jennings, Martin, Jones and Clowney are going to be the five if TT sets the roster, with maybe Martin getting cut when KR comes back. James Jones wasn't a good value pick, and if MM sets the roster, might not even make the team or might lose his job when KR gets back.

Rouse was a great pick. I love Clowney in the 5th. Getting a perfect ZBS OT like Barbre solid, but BOTH Clowney and Barbre could have been Ben Patrick, and Barbre could have been Kevin Boss. TE no where near as many bodies as WR has. Unless you think Franks, Lee and Humphrey will take the Packers to the playoffs? Maybe you don't care about the post-season and are "building for the future", whatever that means.

For every draft pick that gets cut from a previous draft, it is an admission that guy wasn't the answer for the team. Draft a Barbre and cut a Coston just means you're trying to solve a problem you didn't solve previously.

So, look at picks objectively, give credit where due, but also give criticism where due. TT's first three picks were not value picks, the next three picks were value picks, but a trouble area still not addressed.

princefielder28
04-29-2007, 02:30 PM
If TT has struugled at drafting a position I would say it would have to be WE; Bragg and Rodgers didn't make it last year and Jones, IMO, won't make it this year either.

johbur
04-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Where are these two ILBs going to play? Is TT going to knock off Tracy White and Brady Poppinga? Korey Hall is solid in coverage, though he's not too fast. He wasn't even listed by NFLDC, nfl.com and Packers.com took 20 minutes to find out information on him. He was a second team all-american, so why wasn't he listed? Looks like he's coming from a solid program and has had a great career, but who goes? And where are the CBs and the TEs?

Vince Lombardi
04-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah, all of TT's moves are good moves, like Corey Rodgers in the 4th last year... If you take TT's schlong outcher mouth, and look objectively at the picks, there are certain truisms from this draft that were not there last draft. TT is not infallible. Maybe you are a short memory guy that was still blowing him when he failed miserably to adress the OG situation two years ago.

completely classless dude, I didn't personally attack you. :rolleyes:

And apparently you haven't read my posts in the other discussion thread, if you had you would have read that I don't agree with all of TT's picks, also no GM in the history of the game hits on all of their picks, but TT has a pretty good average.

johbur
04-29-2007, 04:12 PM
You: "Ya'll did this same ******** last year and cried about every move he made until it was apparent that they were actually good moves and then everybody was all over his jock."

Fine: Ya'll that think TT is infallible need to stop giving TT oral gratification.

TT just picked two ILBs in the sixth round, who have good pedigrees, but are the Packers going to a 3-4?

2005 was a mediocre to poor draft. 2006 was a great draft. this year is on the mediocre side with a chance to be poor if all his medical risk cases don't pan out. He has roster pressure at WR, DT and LB, but has done nothing to get the UDFA's he has packed in at CB or TE off the team. What's the point of signing guys (and giving them a signing bonus) and also drafting guys (and giving them a signing bonus) when there are only a certain number of roster spots at each position on the team?

M1Koter
04-29-2007, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=johbur;]
TT just picked two ILBs in the sixth round, who have good pedigrees, but are the Packers going to a 3-4?[QUOTE]

it's the sixth, it's a crap shoot for them to even make the team, were staying on the 4-3

M1Koter
04-29-2007, 06:14 PM
If TT has struugled at drafting a position I would say it would have to be WE; Bragg and Rodgers didn't make it last year and Jones, IMO, won't make it this year either.

Bragg was a 6th rounder and TT admitted his mistake and rodgers just couldn't catch the ball, no one really expected it, mistakes but not big ones, out of 12 picks or whatever, it's OK to have a couple mistakes

bearsfan_51
04-29-2007, 06:17 PM
yea, we really need to start bringing in some thugs, enough of these good football players who are good people. :rolleyes:
Well he tried with Koren Robinson. Maybe he can take some of your new draft picks out for drinks on the town later.

Windy
04-29-2007, 06:20 PM
I know most of you hate the James Jones pick but I've seen some of his games and he is actually solid. He dominated his Bowl Game.

bearsfan_51
04-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Going BPA is a good strategy, but someone's getting cut this year that will be on another club next year.

You say that like it's a bad thing. When your team is cutting players and nobody else wants them that's a sign that your talent level is garbage.

M1Koter
04-29-2007, 06:23 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing. When your team is cutting players and nobody else wants them that's a sign that your talent level is garbage.

Hillenmeyer?????????, haha, just givin ya some crap

bearsfan_51
04-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Hillenmeyer?????????, haha, just givin ya some crap
I love Hillenmeyer. He's one of my favorite Bears players. Smart, lunch-pail guy. I promise you that if Brady Poppinga can be a Hunter Hillenmeyer type the Packers will be happy.

The SLB isn't a glamor position. Just make tackles and cover the tight end.

Moses
04-29-2007, 07:01 PM
I love Hillenmeyer. He's one of my favorite Bears players. Smart, lunch-pail guy. I promise you that if Brady Poppinga can be a Hunter Hillenmeyer type the Packers will be happy.

Isn't Hillenmeyer a WLB?

bearsfan_51
04-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Isn't Hillenmeyer a WLB?

No Briggs is our WLB, which is the more glamour position.

Moses
04-29-2007, 07:04 PM
No Briggs is our WLB, which is the more glamour position.

Weird, I thought Briggs was a SLB for some reason.

M1Koter
04-29-2007, 07:30 PM

wow, did I actually just read a 51 post and actually like it and agreed with it?:eek:

johbur
04-29-2007, 08:31 PM
wow, did I actually just read a 51 post and actually like it and agreed with it?:eek:

Say it ain't so...

Hillenmeyer was another Mike Sherman F-up. They haven't had a guy since as good as him at SLB. He'd have fit the current scheme perfectly.

BF51-yeah, it can be good if guys not good enough to be on your team are picked up on other teams. What I'm talking about is that the DT situation was solid, so why displace either solid starters, or get rid of a good prospect? If Chicago drafted a straight up great LB in round one, what would you think of that? The guy won't play in front of BU, so now you're looking at how to fit him in, or looking at moving BU to fit him in. Plus, whoever you have behind BU is going to get cut, even if he's a great prospect because you're not gonna carry three MLBs, so you lose out on a guy due to over-saturation at a non-need position rather than taking a guy like Nelson or Olsen that was more of a need and likely to start.

bearsfan_51
04-30-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm not saying I love the Harrell pick. I don't. Mostly based on value. He's not a mid-1st rounder in my eyes.

That being said, I said all along the Packers would be well served to pick up a 1st round DT. This was back a few months ago when Okoye was a mid-1st projection. I'm just not sold that Harrell was the best value available there.

Whistler6
04-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I think this thread should be deleted

drowe
04-30-2007, 10:20 AM
the thing that annoys me about this draft is there is very little doubt it didn't go the way TT and co. wanted it to. I don't think there's any doubt Marshawn Lynch was gonna be the pick at 16. And I don't think there is any doubt the Packers fully expected to have Randy Moss on the team. If they woulda known he was gonna go elsewhere, I'd bet a WR gets picked at 16. Also, it really seemed like the Packers traded down in the second because Jarrett and Rice went right before their pick. woulda LOVED to see either of those guys.

it's also a bummer when ya look at the rest of our division.
Detroit gets the best WR in the draft
Minnesota gets the best RB in the draft.
Chicago gets the best TE in the draft.
We get some fatass that missed 10 games last year.
But, at least we got the best Kicker in the draft.

M1Koter
04-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Weird, I thought Briggs was a SLB for some reason.

Didn't he start off at SAM?

M1Koter
04-30-2007, 10:22 AM
the thing that annoys me about this draft is there is very little doubt it didn't go the way TT and co. wanted it to. I don't think there's any doubt Marshawn Lynch was gonna be the pick at 16. And I don't think there is any doubt the Packers fully expected to have Randy Moss on the team. If they woulda known he was gonna go elsewhere, I'd bet a WR gets picked at 16. Also, it really seemed like the Packers traded down in the second because Jarrett and Rice went right before their pick. woulda LOVED to see either of those guys.

it's also a bummer when ya look at the rest of our division.
Detroit gets the best WR in the draft
Minnesota gets the best RB in the draft.
Chicago gets the best TE in the draft.
We get some fatass that missed 10 games last year.
But, at least we got the best Kicker in the draft.
talent wise we got the best DT in the draft

TitleTown088
07-10-2007, 04:54 PM
I just found out Teddy is single. I love that, the guy can devote all of his time to his true love, the Packers, not some broad.

bearsfan_51
07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
I just found out Teddy is single. I love that, the guy can devote all of his time to his true love, the Packers, not some broad.
The fact that he looks like a giant falcon I'm sure has nothing to do with it.

TitleTown088
07-10-2007, 07:08 PM
The fact that he looks like a giant falcon I'm sure has nothing to do with it.
He's got millions of dollars, he could find some northern Wisconsin gold digger in a flash. Not that the white wizard needs the money to land a women though. He's like a priest, he choses to devote his life to the almighty. No women to get in the way of this martyr's plans.

nbarnett56
07-11-2007, 08:16 AM
I can't wait to see you fairweather fans jump on TT's nuts when we go 6-10 this year.

johbur
07-17-2007, 12:49 AM
I can't wait to see you fairweather fans jump on TT's nuts when we go 6-10 this year.

Well, TT is not out there playing. Unlike year 1 when he didn't bring in any guards and let Sharper go, there's competition at almost every position and the young guys need to step up after working their butts off in the off-season. The only way I'd get rid of TT is if they were losing game sin a manner in which he failed to address, such as if we're starting Manuel Marquand still and he's losing games, or if there are still zero catches by a TE or if The D-line is fine but there's injuries at CB. I like MM so far, but if he were to lose the team, that could sink TT also. Other than that, I think he's renovated the team with youth and should be brought back 10-6 or 6-10.

TT doesn't play on Sundays, he just brings the guys in, and so far he's brought in a lot of promising rookies and a couple decent FAs. He needs to keep on bringing in more good guys than he's losing, but not too many guys he's lost have done much after the Packers.

princefielder28
07-18-2007, 08:25 PM
A Ted Thompson sighting today at the Dick's Sporting Goods in Green Bay. He was in the golf department and asked me if we had any pass catching tight ends. :)

TitleTown088
07-21-2007, 02:13 PM

I can't wait to see you inpatient naysayers massage TT's nuts when the Pack is the class of the NFC in a couple of years.

Vince Lombardi
04-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Hallelujah brothers let us praise him! For Ted has delivered once again! Let us cast out the non believers and follow Ted to glory!!!!!! :p

Burger
04-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Ted Thompson Is God!

Vince Lombardi
04-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Amen!!!!!!!!

Burger
04-26-2009, 03:18 PM
What was the Matthews trade again?

Vince Lombardi
04-26-2009, 03:30 PM
What was the Matthews trade again?

We gave up our 2nd, and two 3rds to move back into the 1st and get Mathews. Trade chart value wise we gave up a little in the trade, but the team moving up always does. We got a great player and a starter for many years, rather than possibly several lesser quality players. We need quality over quantity at this point so I'm happy with the trade.

Burger
04-26-2009, 03:55 PM
I mean sub in the players. Like who did the Pats take with our picks?

jackalope
04-26-2009, 03:57 PM
I mean sub in the players. Like who did the Pats take with our picks?

Couldn't you figure that out yourself?

Burger
04-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Lets see ....

We traded
Brandon Tate
Darius Butler
Derek Cox

for
Clay Matthews III
Jamon Merrideth

What a deal.

Whistler6
04-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Let us use this thread to praise TT in all his glory.

From high up on his perch TT patiently waits like a hawk to pounce upon his prey.
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8862/010206thompsonxf6.jpg

chirp chirp

TitleTown088
04-26-2009, 05:38 PM
I think this thread should be deleted

You watch your damn mouth!

AJHawk50
04-26-2009, 08:53 PM
He is a great GM.

Burger
04-26-2009, 08:54 PM
We couldnt of ended up with a better GM.

tjsunstein
04-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Lets see ....

We traded
Brandon Tate
Darius Butler
Derek Cox

for
Clay Matthews III
Jamon Merrideth

What a deal.

Seems like an extremley fair deal to me. The Pats may end up edging it out a little but we got our guys.

Burger
04-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Thats almost High Way Robbery.

Yatta!
04-27-2009, 04:56 AM
Everyone seems to love TT's draft, Kiper has us rated as the best draft.

johbur
05-03-2009, 04:25 AM
Lets see ....

We traded
Brandon Tate
Darius Butler
Derek Cox

for
Clay Matthews III
Jamon Merrideth

What a deal.
QFT

Pats did ok, mainly because Darius Butler fell to them, not sure who they traded Derek Cox for with J-Ville and Brandon Tate doesn't do much for me. The Packers picked up a day 1 starter for the new defense and a kid that I think will be the #2 LT and then take over when Cliffy is done.

Matthews + Meredith > Butler + Tate.

Vince Lombardi
02-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Sorry to bump up such an old thread, but I would just like to say that you can consider the final nail in the coffin of the TT Haters club officially hammered.

umphrey
02-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Ted Thompson + Mike McCarthy + Aaron Rodgers = Dynasty

EvilMonkey
02-07-2011, 08:12 PM
http://www3.jsonline.com/packer/image/2000/101500/sherman1015.jpg
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/34/348412.jpg
http://thesportsabyss.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/ted424.jpg
http://www.espn.go.com/media/pg2/2006/0117/photo/a_mccarthy_195.jpg
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0304/nfl_u_favre2_580.jpg
http://wsuleifj.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/brett-favre-and-mike-mccarthy.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanhouse.com/media/2007/12/brett-favre-425sm.jpg
http://product.images.fansedge.com/33-94/33-94404-F.jpg
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/08/20/alg_giants.jpg
http://static.technorati.com/10/10/08/19649/brett-favre-2.jpg
http://www.totalpackers.com/images/tedthompson.jpg
http://www.loudsportsshorts.com/football/favre/favre_jets.jpg
http://www.sugarslam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/brett-favre-jenn-sterger.jpg
http://www.minnpost.com/_asset/r1wyzn/mp_main_wide/BrettFavreJet452.jpg
http://dubsism.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/brett-favre-douchebag.jpg
http://fabulousbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/brett-favre-vikings-2010.jpg
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/joe_posnanski/01/25/brett.favre/brett-favre-int.jpg
http://media.nj.com/realtimesports_impact/photo/brett-favre-vikings-saints-nfc-championship-game-76acea13444fe84c_large.jpg
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/steve_aschburner/07/24/childress/p1.favre.jpg
http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2009/0826/dm_090826_NFL_FavreVikings.jpg
http://www.nflpassers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/favre-480x360.jpg
http://www.wdaz.com/media/full/jpg/2011/01/03/favre-sideline.jpg

Meanwhile...
http://blak4rest.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/aaron-rodgers21.jpg
http://youthrowlikeagirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Clay-Matthews.jpg
http://www.magnificentbastard.com/images/pics/aaron-rodgers-championship-belt.jpg
http://chasing150.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/greg-jennings.jpg
http://images.forbes.com/media/2011/02/01/0201_super-bowl-bet-steeler-mimic-aaron-rodgers_485x340.jpg
http://behindblondiepark.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/charles-woodson.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/118/610/108272113_crop_340x234.jpg
http://blog.cleveland.com/startingblocks/2009/08/large_donald-driver.jpg
http://www.judasfavre.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/titlebelt.jpeg
http://www.pfufa.org/images/lombardi.jpg
http://www.firetedthompsonnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/THE_END_THOMPSON-300x265.jpg

Mr.Regular
02-08-2011, 05:44 PM
The above post is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

tjsunstein
02-08-2011, 07:10 PM
The above post is the greatest thing I have ever seen.
You should add a roman numeral to your sig. We already stopped at SB45. And conquered.

J-Mike88
02-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Well-done!
Great usage of photos.

The duo of Raji & Matthews is the best 1-2 Draft combo I can remember since the Ravens or Bucs back last century. Let's just pray that our guys stay fricking healthy for a long time.

johbur
02-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Epic story in pics.