PDA

View Full Version : Macho Harris

Loggerhead
10-24-2008, 07:17 PM
I haven't had a chance to see any of VT's games this year. How has Macho looked this year and do you think he could be a 1st round pick?

Cigaro
10-24-2008, 07:23 PM
He won't be a first round pick, but in the right system, he should be fairly good starter within a few years, for a few years.

Loggerhead
10-24-2008, 07:27 PM
I see him as a solid number 2 corner who should pick up 5-6 picks a season. He already has 4 this year in 6 games is a threat to take a pick to the house anytime he touches the ball.

Solomon
10-25-2008, 01:29 AM
For a cover 2 team he would be a great selection in the second or third round.

Menardo75
10-25-2008, 02:05 AM
Just wondering what is keeping him from being a first rounder?

Solomon
10-25-2008, 02:28 AM
Just wondering what is keeping him from being a first rounder?

Honestly IMO it's just speed. The same thing that kept Brandon Flowers from being a first rounder will keep Harris from being one as well. I think he'll wind up going in the second round but will make some team really happy. Big, physical corner who plays the ball very well. Footwork is a little sloppy at times and his timed speed isn't great but I still like him alot.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Honestly IMO it's just speed. The same thing that kept Brandon Flowers from being a first rounder will keep Harris from being one as well. I think he'll wind up going in the second round but will make some team really happy. Big, physical corner who plays the ball very well. Footwork is a little sloppy at times and his timed speed isn't great but I still like him alot.

I think he's more like Jimmy than Brandon Flowers. IMO Macho is more suited to play safety in the NFL. Hip fluidity is something I see as a glaring weakness preventing him from being a corner in the league.

thebow305
10-25-2008, 07:31 PM
I think the issue with Macho is that he gamble way too often and isn't as sound fundamentally. He has very good speed IMO but it doesn't always translate to his coverage abilities on the field which forces him to gamble more than he should. Could be a GREAT player with the right coaching though. I would LOVE to have him in Miami for sure.

Malaka
10-25-2008, 07:43 PM
He is my third best cornerback prospect,

1. Malcolm Jenkins
2. Vontae Davis
3. Macho Harris
4. Mike Mickens
5. DJ Moore

I like him, and he does have good speed, but not great speed. If he can fix his technique he can be a great corner in the NFL. I see him as a late first early second round prospect, I can see a team like the Titans take him in the first, either way I think he is a steal for any team that picks him in the second round.

thebow305
10-25-2008, 11:42 PM
He is my third best cornerback prospect,

1. Malcolm Jenkins
2. Vontae Davis
3. Macho Harris
4. Mike Mickens
5. DJ Moore

I like him, and he does have good speed, but not great speed. If he can fix his technique he can be a great corner in the NFL. I see him as a late first early second round prospect, I can see a team like the Titans take him in the first, either way I think he is a steal for any team that picks him in the second round.

Alphonso Smith?

giantsfan
10-25-2008, 11:53 PM
How is in press man? I haven't seen him play yet but he sounds a lot like Corey Webster was coming out, questionable hips, good ball skills, big, strong and physical. Corey played a lot of man in college though so his poor hips where really exacerbated by dumbass Tim Lewis prevent defense.

Malaka
10-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Alphonso Smith?

6. Alphonso Smith, I know I left him out, CB is stacked this year.

10-26-2008, 12:00 AM
6. Alphonso Smith, I know I left him out, CB is stacked this year.

Interesting considering he's widely viewed as a first rounder now and I'd slot him comfortably behind the big two in Jenkins and Davis.

Malaka
10-26-2008, 12:03 AM
Interesting considering he's widely viewed as a first rounder now and I'd slot him comfortably behind the big two in Jenkins and Davis.

I haven't seen too much of him too make a full comment as to why he is my sixth, but I still like Macho and Mickens a lot, if I see more, and he is as good as you two believe, I have no reason not to bring him up. I just don't know too much about him, but I do know Mickens and Harris.

DreadedDatSkinsFan
10-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Man Macho has been tourched a few times this year...Everyone keeps saying how great Tech's CBs are....But Hall has regressed greatly and Jimmy is out the league....Anyway...Greg Carr made Macho look like a HS freshman this past weekend...

Solomon
10-28-2008, 02:46 AM
Alphonso Smith?

Not only do I have Smith, Davis and Jenkins ahead of Harris I also have Munnerlyn, Lindley, Butler and Moore ahead of him too.

D-Unit
10-28-2008, 04:00 AM
The tall FSU WRs owned him.

D-Unit
10-28-2008, 04:01 AM
Haven't seen anyone else mention Darius Butler, but I have him ahead of Macho as well.

vatech=accdomination
10-28-2008, 07:14 AM
I think the issue with Macho is that he gamble way too often and isn't as sound fundamentally. He has very good speed IMO but it doesn't always translate to his coverage abilities on the field which forces him to gamble more than he should. Could be a GREAT player with the right coaching though. I would LOVE to have him in Miami for sure.

winner. he was a rb out of HS, switched back his sophomore year, then switched back later that year to CB. He looks into the backfield too often.

Ozzy
10-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Harris has potential and ability to be a first round pick easily! Just depends no how many teams want a CB in the first round. The kid is worthy of being a 1st round pick, he is a great ball hawk. Sure gambles a lot, but half the time he makes huge plays because of his gambling nature. He has good speed, is not a small corner and again he makes plays on the ball and can make plays with the ball in his hands. Heck he is playing offense this year at times for Virginia Tech, that says a lot about his athletic ability and ball skills.

He is a 1st round talent, and even if he does not get drafted in the 1st round he still will play like one potentially his rookie year.

STARHEATHER
10-29-2008, 07:59 PM
word is hes a tortoise

CroomDawgs
10-29-2008, 08:09 PM
word is hes a tortoise

Thats not breaking news, its well known he does not run a fast 40

Loggerhead
10-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey mythbusta/STARHEATHER you are a dumbass. All that matters is that when he puts on pads he is fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90CAhR985zQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OITPwgsPSJk&feature=related

B-Dawk
10-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Haven't seen anyone else mention Darius Butler, but I have him ahead of Macho as well.

butler is a stud

STARHEATHER
10-29-2008, 10:13 PM
from what people are saying he gets burned a lot. i would think it likely has something to do with it. i just see a guy who could get torched in the nfl. in certain situations he could work. but if youre putting him man on recievers in the nfl, hes going to get beat. and his lack of recovery speed hinders his gambling style leading to huge gains. he could work, but hes going to give up more big plays than one would like and be limited to zone responsibilities. i just dont see a first rd pick on a slow corner with his limitations

keylime_5
10-29-2008, 10:29 PM

His speed is fine, his technique at times and the mental part of the game can fail him at times and he can get burnt. He is a talented athlete though and can make big plays, he has a very high upside if he were more football smart and sound. I wouldn't mind to take a risk on him if I had a late 2nd/early 3rd rounder to spare on a CB project.

STARHEATHER
10-29-2008, 10:56 PM
ive seen as high as 4.5+. getting perilously close to that no chance to play corner area. and then you add technique problems could be a move to safety