PDA

View Full Version : Fall Apart and Turn It Around

Splat
10-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Which team that had a good start to the season is most likely to fall apart?

Which team that had a bad start to the season is most likely to turn it around?

Your thoughts?

Dam8610
10-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Hopefully the two teams playing football on Monday this week.

CC.SD
10-24-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm going to sound like a complete homer, but i think a very compelling argument could be made for the Broncos falling apart and the Chargers figuring it out.

First, the Broncos have a recent history of starting out very hot and fading as the season goes on...I'm sure any Bronco fan won't disagree with this statement.

The Chargers similarly have been starting slow for years now and then turning it on.

Throw in the fact that the Broncos are dealing with a myriad of injuries, including losing Champ, their only competent defensive player. Chargers meanwhile are getting healthier as the season goes on.

Nothing's set in stone obviously, and i don't have time for a big old post, but I think those are good candidates.

Yatta!
10-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Colts and Chargers have too much talent to be .500 teams. I would expect them to change things up.

Burns336
10-24-2008, 09:59 PM
The Brad "Bull" Johnson Cowboys are about to end any post season hope by going 0-2 the next 2 games.

but we've been collapsing for weeks, so pay no attention to me.

russie
10-24-2008, 10:02 PM
minnesota is going to be the team to turn it around and do well enough that we are stuck with childress for at least another year

Turtlepower
10-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Fall Apart: Titans

Such an easy schedule at the beginning of the season and Kerry Collins is their QB.

Turn It Around: No one

Look at the records of all the teams in the NFL. There is so much competition this season that no one team is really that far behind another.

holt_bruce81
10-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Fall apart: Broncos- Their Defense is atrocious.

Turn it around: Rams- Have you seen this team under Jim Haslett?

RCAChainGang
10-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Hopefully the two teams playing football on Monday this week.

Amen!!!!

Hahaha

Brent
10-24-2008, 10:36 PM
I think the Colts will turn it around since Manning and Co. are getting in sync. As for falling apart, well, I think the Cowboys are going to get worse as they are imploding.

throwback54milkman
10-24-2008, 10:37 PM
jets will turn it around, idk which way though

Saints-Tigers
10-24-2008, 10:53 PM
The Saints will turn it around and go 9-7 and barely miss the playoffs and get the 17th pick or something.

Come on fellas, either win it all, or pack it up, this in between **** is killing me.

RCAChainGang
10-24-2008, 10:56 PM
The Saints will turn it around and go 9-7 and barely miss the playoffs and get the 17th pick or something.

Come on fellas, either win it all, or pack it up, this in between **** is killing me.

Awww, man I know what you mean.

Remember playing the Jags to keep playoffs hopes alive lateralling it around 7 times and then missing the extra point to tie it up,

Man we find the coolest ways of loosing haha...

Bruce Banner
10-24-2008, 10:57 PM

WOW. Really?

Saints-Tigers
10-24-2008, 11:01 PM
WOW. Really?

I'll take some 0-16 if I can win a superbowl later on. Then maybe when my team wins I can feel high and mighty about it forever.

Bruce Banner
10-24-2008, 11:02 PM
I'll take some 0-16 if I can win a superbowl later on. Then maybe when my team wins I can feel high and mighty about it forever.

I doubt you'll ever feel that.

Saints-Tigers
10-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Well you tell me what it's like. Then I'll tell you what vagina feels like.

Bruce Banner
10-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Amateur night on NFLDC.

RCAChainGang
10-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Amateur night on NFLDC.

Meh...

Always gonna run into someone you don't get along with.

The Dynasty
10-24-2008, 11:13 PM
minnesota is going to be the team to turn it around and do well enough that we are stuck with childress for at least another year

I would like to agree but I really dont know...From what i have seen these past 7 weeks. We barely beat a bad team and then we beat some by pure luck it almost seemed. Our schedule doesnt get any easier. We play Houston, Green Bay, @ Tampa Bay, @ Jacksonville, Chicago, @Detroit, @ Arizona, Falcons and Giants. Just looking at that We could come at best 6-3 or 5-4 but we could also come out as bad as 2-7 or 3-6. I sort of have the feeling we will end up 7-9 and missing playoffs and Childress gone. There is no way he could keep his job with out getting us to the playoffs. We have too much talent on this team to waste.

Team that will turn it around: Chargers, They have a somewhat easy schedule after the bye and LT should be healthy by then.

Team that will fall: I would have to say the Titans. They have a tougher schedule coming up and I dont know if they can relay on White and Johnson for 16 Weeks.

RCAChainGang
10-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Team that will fall: I would have to say the Titans. They have a tougher schedule coming up and I dont know if they can relay on White and Johnson for 16 Weeks.

I second that. They have to find a way to get some passing going, because they are becoming one dimensional.

Diehard
10-24-2008, 11:22 PM
First, the Broncos have a recent history of starting out very hot and fading as the season goes on...I'm sure any Bronco fan won't disagree with this statement.

It's hard to disagree when it's a fact. This has been a problem for the better part of a decade.

As for the Chargers turning around their season, well, whatever helps you sleep at night. Too bad your boys couldn't capitalize on the opportunities they've had the last few years...

thebow305
10-24-2008, 11:57 PM
I see the Rams putting it together and either the Broncos or Saints will fall apart IMO.

CashmoneyDrew
10-25-2008, 12:01 AM
Seriously, I don't see Tennessee falling like a lot of people in here seem to. Tennessee's remaining schedule:

Indianapolis
Green Bay
@ Chicago
@ Jacksonville
New York Jets
@ Detroit
Cleveland
@ Houston
Pittsburgh
@ Indianapolis

The games in bold are the ones I think they'll win. If you notice on Tennessee's remaining schedule. A lot of their tougher games are at home. Also, the passing game has been down recently because of injuries to WR. Bo Scaife has been solid and Alge Crumpler is finally emerging. The passing game will be solid enough to keep defenses honest. Also, the Titans defense isn't going anywhere. Not to mention, Rob Bironas is clutch. And finally, Jeff Fisher is a boss. Keep doubting the Titans. It's worked for them in the past. Seriously, I like it when my teams the underdog. They seem to do better that way.

Brodeur
10-25-2008, 12:25 AM
I see the Rams putting it together and either the Broncos or Saints will fall apart IMO.

They're 3-4, what exactly is falling apart? I guess the Chargers will turn it around to the point where they take the crap division they play in, and I think New England will collapse enough to finish 8-8.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-25-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm going to sound like a complete homer, but i think a very compelling argument could be made for the Broncos falling apart and the Chargers figuring it out.

The Chargers similarly have been starting slow for years now and then turning it on.

Throw in the fact that the Broncos are dealing with a myriad of injuries, including losing Champ, their only competent defensive player. Chargers meanwhile are getting healthier as the season goes on.

Nothing's set in stone obviously, and i don't have time for a big old post, but I think those are good candidates.

I agree 100%. I don't think the Chargers will be as good as past years(Merriman is too important), but they should win the division. Denver has an entirely one dimensional offense with a non-existant defense. We'll finish 8-8 at best.

no love
10-25-2008, 01:49 AM
Fall apart... Probably the Titans, Kerry Collins will tank at some point it is his nature.

Turn it around... Any one of the Seahawks, 49ers or Rams. The NFC West is weak enough so that any of those three teams could still end up challenging the Cards for a playoff spot by the end of the season.

Menardo75
10-25-2008, 01:54 AM
niner power 10-6 finish under Singletary :)

giantsfan
10-25-2008, 06:11 AM
I would like to agree but I really dont know...From what i have seen these past 7 weeks. We barely beat a bad team and then we beat some by pure luck it almost seemed. Our schedule doesnt get any easier. We play Houston, Green Bay, @ Tampa Bay, @ Jacksonville, Chicago, @Detroit, @ Arizona, Falcons and Giants. Just looking at that We could come at best 6-3 or 5-4 but we could also come out as bad as 2-7 or 3-6. I sort of have the feeling we will end up 7-9 and missing playoffs and Childress gone. There is no way he could keep his job with out getting us to the playoffs. We have too much talent on this team to waste.

Well you beat us every year. My guess is eli can't tell the difference between blue and purp;e and that's why he likes to throw to your DBs every year.

Seriously, I don't see Tennessee falling like a lot of people in here seem to. Tennessee's remaining schedule:

Indianapolis
Green Bay
@ Chicago
@ Jacksonville
New York Jets
@ Detroit
Cleveland
@ Houston
Pittsburgh
@ Indianapolis

The games in bold are the ones I think they'll win. If you notice on Tennessee's remaining schedule. A lot of their tougher games are at home. Also, the passing game has been down recently because of injuries to WR. Bo Scaife has been solid and Alge Crumpler is finally emerging. The passing game will be solid enough to keep defenses honest. Also, the Titans defense isn't going anywhere. Not to mention, Rob Bironas is clutch. And finally, Jeff Fisher is a boss. Keep doubting the Titans. It's worked for them in the past. Seriously, I like it when my teams the underdog. They seem to do better that way.

Being the underdog keeps your team focused and tough, which is why I loved seeing us go down to cleveland, it was jsut the type of punch the face we needed to re-focus for this tougher stretch.

CC.SD
10-25-2008, 12:24 PM
It's hard to disagree when it's a fact. This has been a problem for the better part of a decade.

As for the Chargers turning around their season, well, whatever helps you sleep at night. Too bad your boys couldn't capitalize on the opportunities they've had the last few years...

Wow, such creative smack. Take it to a relevant thread please.

bantx
10-25-2008, 01:54 PM
To Diehard

If you're talking about last years playoffs, i think its kind of hard to capitalize with all the injuries we had so i dont know where you're trying to go with that.

P-L
10-25-2008, 02:16 PM
It doesn't really matter who your quarterback is when you run the ball like the Titans do and have the best defense in football. The Titans still have games left against the Jets, Lions, Browns, and Texans. That is four almost guaranteed wins there, which makes 10 wins. I also doubt they lose all six against Indianapolis (twice), Green Bay, Chicago, Jacksonville, and Pittsburgh.

Diehard
10-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Wow, such creative smack. Take it to a relevant thread please.

Uh, I wasn't talking smack and I wasn't off topic. I was responding to your comments.

I liked your team's chances the last few years, but it didn't come together in the end for a variety of reasons (injuries, Patriots). I don't think your current team is at the same level, particularly the defense, and I'm not as confident as you are that they'll turn it around the second half of the season.

CJSchneider
10-26-2008, 03:47 PM

Bingo, I agree.